PDA

View Full Version : Showcasing LJ

DenverChief
10-03-2004, 10:06 PM
So on monday night should the Chiefs let LJ be the main back on a couple of series to showcase him to prospective trade partners? I think if we give him a series or two in each half and he flashes we could increase his trade value....thoughts?

KHinz57
10-03-2004, 10:11 PM
You also don't want to piss off Priest Holmes who is gunning after a rushing title, whether it be yards in a season or whatever he is currently after. However, I would use him in place of Derrick Blaylock whom they shouldn't have re-signed in the offseason anyways.

DenverChief
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
You also don't want to piss off Priest Holmes who is gunning after a rushing title, whether it be yards in a season or whatever he is currently after. However, I would use him in place of Derrick Blaylock whom they shouldn't have re-signed in the offseason anyways.

WHAT!?! Blaylock is a much better back in this offense than LJ....by far

David.
10-03-2004, 10:13 PM
BS

|Zach|
10-03-2004, 10:14 PM
I have to quote The Jet's coach Mr. Edwards when I say

"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

DenverChief
10-03-2004, 10:15 PM

absolutly but a series or two in each half? I'm not saying we bench Holmes for the entire game

Sure-Oz
10-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Play him if priest needs a rest only or if we are totally getting our asses handed to us.

|Zach|
10-03-2004, 10:18 PM
absolutly but a series or two in each half? I'm not saying we bench Holmes for the entire game
4 series in a football game does a whole lot.

Not to mention that Holmes gets better the more he is on the field.

morphius
10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Yup, you only spell Holmes for plays, not series. Blaylock is okay as a fill in when we rest Holmes, but I wouldn't want to count on him for an entire game.

KHinz57
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
If we find a way to distribute the ball around, we wouldn't have to be discussing this. I'd like to see Samie Parker get involved. We should be talking about who we can play for Eddie Kennison and Johnnie Morton instead of Priest Holmes.

wazu
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
The only problem with "showcasing" him is that he sucks. I think he has higher value if we just mysteriously tell everybody that he's really good in practice.

David.
10-03-2004, 10:26 PM
no....he doesn't...

CosmicPal
10-03-2004, 10:26 PM
The Chiefs aren't trading him, and he's not playing...enough said

Valiant
10-03-2004, 10:31 PM

you just opened a can of worms with that statement...

KHinz57
10-04-2004, 01:29 AM
you just opened a can of worms with that statement...

Get real man. If you're going to draft a RB first round, atleast have him as your backup RB, not a 3rd stringer sitting on the bench. Atleast guys like Ron Dayne who was a similar back to Larry Johnson have always been a backup behind Tiki Barber. What is the point in having Derrick Blaylock in the first place, when you have a 1st round draft pick on the bench to never play?

FloridaChief
10-04-2004, 01:44 AM
Sit Holmes and play LJ instead. Good idea.

Hey--while we're at it, let's bench the starting O line and showcase the back-ups for the rest of the league. We could also rest Warfield and display the tradebait charms of Benny Sapp.

mikey23545
10-04-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm not sure trying to showcase a backup running back against the Ravens defense is such a good idea...

Skip Towne
10-04-2004, 07:02 AM
How do you know?

whoman69
10-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Who is the last 1000 yard back that Pederson drafted? That's right, noone. The closest he's had is Todd McNair. When you have a talented young running back, hold onto him, especially with our draft history.
Scenario: we trade LJ and Priest blows a knee. This place would blow up telling everyone how we were so stupid in trading him.

STFU

PastorMikH
10-04-2004, 10:34 AM

Blaylock has had A LOT more time on the field than LJ and from what I saw in Pre Season, I thought LJ had a little edge on Blaylock. I think if LJ had more field time we wouldn't want to be trading him at all.

brent102fire
10-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Play him if priest needs a rest only or if we are totally getting our asses handed to us.

If that's the case, then I guess LJ will be playing alot. Tonights game does not look good for the Chiefs. :deevee:

htismaqe
10-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Who is the last 1000 yard back that Pederson drafted? That's right, noone. The closest he's had is Todd McNair. When you have a talented young running back, hold onto him, especially with our draft history.
Scenario: we trade LJ and Priest blows a knee. This place would blow up telling everyone how we were so stupid in trading him.

STFU

Peterson drafted Harvey Williams, who rushed for 1000 yards (and 983 one other time).

Of course, he did that in OAKLAND, because our COACH didn't want to put him in the goddamn game.

Wow, that sounds familiar... :hmmm:

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-04-2004, 11:17 AM

What he said.

Which is why Omar Easy should start...

ROFL