PDA

View Full Version : NFT : Trial and Error

royr17
10-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Tonight i have gone down a whole different world making cookies, and my first batch turned out huge.

If you have seen the cookies you would laugh, cause they are as big as some of the cookies you buy from grocerie stores and im not talkin about the small ones im talkin about the big round ones.

And on a worst note, mom says she is gonna teach me how to cook alot of things, what else could be worse.

I can only imagine me cookin and eatin something that isnt done and being in the hospital cause of food poisoning.

Lets just hope and pray i turn into a good cook and not someone who wont get the food done and maybe turn into a goremade cook like my mom and my brother.

KCWolfman
10-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Eh, keep at it Roy.

I was the oldest of 6 with a single mom who worked two jobs. We got tired of PB&J and learned to cook pretty quick. My big problem now is I still tend to cook for 6 or 7 people instead of 4 - force of habit.

royr17
10-03-2004, 10:36 PM
yea well i definately need to learn to cook cause dad says when it just me and him that the meals will be spam and sometimes popcorn, and im setting here saying i want a good meal and not something that is nasty.

But probably when i learn to cook he will have to get used to spicy meals cause that is what i will cook.

It will be spicy foods and he hates something that is hot and spicy but i love it.

|Zach|
10-03-2004, 10:39 PM
I have been jumping into the world of cooking since I have had my own place this semester. I actully really enjoy it and have been trying to make new things here and there...I am tackling a cranberry chicken type dish this week and a florentine chicken tpye thing if I have some more time on my hands.

|Zach|
10-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Roy, they are all over the internet but there is a site I would reccomend if you are looking for certain stuff you want to cook. It seems like you have a pretty defined idea of what you like and don't like...

http://www.recipezaar.com/.

Its a really cool site if you have some time.

royr17
10-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey thanks Zach, btw KCWolfman it was a pleasure getting to meet you this past week.

Just wanted to leave it out that you are very cool person and i enjoy getting to meet and chat with people like that.

Keep It Real, for sizzle. :thumb:

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 12:49 PM
bump by royr17 under dads ROYC75 name

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm not much in the kitchen myself, Roy.... but, if you're lookin' for a way to score some points with your lady friend... makin' dinner ain't a bad one.

Iowanian
10-04-2004, 12:53 PM
III,

It sounds to me like you need to get yourself a Bigun...you know...a hefty gal.

She won't be as difficult for you to approach and work your magic on.
She obviously likes to eat well too.

Find that woman, shake her like a poloriod picture, and she'll get hungry enough to cook for you.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 12:57 PM
III,

It sounds to me like you need to get yourself a Bigun...you know...a hefty gal.

She won't be as difficult for you to approach and work your magic on.
She obviously likes to eat well too.

Find that woman, shake her like a poloriod picture, and she'll get hungry enough to cook for you.
Gotta be careful there.... a really big gal probably is just in love with Big Macs.

I dated a girl in college for awhle with a little extra meat on her bones that was a great cook. One day I asked if I broke up with her if she'd continue to make me dinner. She said no. Apparently... she meant it. Damn the luck.

JazzzLovr
10-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I dated a girl in college for awhle with a little extra meat on her bones that was a great cook. One day I asked if I broke up with her if she'd continue to make me dinner. She said no. Apparently... she meant it. Damn the luck.

ROFL

Iowanian
10-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Actually, hypothetically, this guy I know...used to know a couple of thin gals that cooked very well........1 would deliver lazagna an hour away for a special treatment.

I just thought III needed to start with the JV.

royr17
10-04-2004, 01:31 PM
yea thanks for all the help guys

ROYC75
10-04-2004, 01:53 PM
bump by royr17 under dads ROYC75 name

WTF is this ? Use your own damn pc kid !

BTW, Spam is good ! Better get use to it !

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
BTW, Spam is good ! Better get use to it !

Y'know... there was a Spam category on Jeopardy awhile back... and not even the Great Ken Jennings knew that Spam stood for "spiced ham"

Therefore... I am smarter than Ken Jennings. :D

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 01:58 PM
I've contracted all of my cookie making out to Keebler. The future is all about elves in sweatshops.