PDA

View Full Version : 2005 draft shoulda coulda been's. Hindsight thread

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 07:10 AM
I tell you what though I wished we could have somehow got Lee Evans. He had a hell of a game today against the Pats. First play from scrimmage was a 55 yard pass play to him.

Raushand Woods is looking good also. Caught his first TD pass yesterday.

Ralphy Boy
10-04-2004, 07:36 AM
Troy Polamalu looked pretty good too.

ChiefGator
10-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Clayton looked pretty damn good as well, playing for the Bucs.

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 07:37 AM
As much as I hate the Broncos, DJ Williams looks like he will be one hell of a football player. We would have had to trade up to get him, though.

Ari Chi3fs
10-04-2004, 08:23 AM
hindsight? 2005 is in the future, innit?

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 08:32 AM
hindsight? 2005 is in the future, innit?

Your awful picky. Get to work on the firecarlpeterson.com . 0-4 I say put it up.

CanadaKC
10-04-2004, 09:17 AM
Darnell Dockett has been a monster for the Cardinals...hate to say it...but he could have been had in the third round too.

Ralphy Boy
10-04-2004, 10:35 AM
I almost posted a thread very similar to this last night, about the 2003 draft, all of the people we could have had is sickening especially when you look at Anquan Bolden and realize that we passed on him 3 times in the first 2 rounds before Arizona finally took him with the 54th overall pick. Granted after he sucked it up at the combine, everybody was avoiding him.

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 10:40 AM
I don't even want to go there.

That said, Michael Clayton sure looks good. I'd've not been happy back in April though if we had drafted him.

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 10:46 AM
happens pretty much every year..

i say the word "Reach" and people around here go ballistic

bottomline is that we have been do a very poor job of drafting

how many really good players have we drafted in the last 5 years?

Dante Hall
Scott Fujita
Brian Waters
Greg Wesley

4 guys in 5 years... teh sucks

and im not sure the Fujita and Wesley should be classified as "really" good... but both show potiential to be

KCTitus
10-04-2004, 11:12 AM
I wanted to point out a couple of things, first, the irony of the typo of the thread title is classic.

Second,

i say the word "Reach" and people around here go ballistic

bottomline is that we have been do a very poor job of drafting

Nah, I'll leave it alone...

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 11:25 AM
I wanted to point out a couple of things, first, the irony of the typo of the thread title is classic.

Second,

Nah, I'll leave it alone...

I tryed to fix it but alas.....maybe it will go the classic thread and live on in infamy :hmmm:

Ebolapox
10-04-2004, 12:40 PM
we didn't draft brian waters--he was an undrafted free agent who signed with the cowboys as a TE IIRC, then we signed him and converted him to a guard

-EB-

Ralphy Boy
10-04-2004, 01:58 PM
we didn't draft brian waters--he was an undrafted free agent who signed with the cowboys as a TE IIRC, then we signed him and converted him to a guard

-EB-

Damn it Carl!

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I thought Waters was originally signed as a safety. Or am I thinking of somebo-, er, everybody else?

Chiefnj
10-04-2004, 02:06 PM
At least give it 2 years post draft before you declare somebody elses draft better than your own.

Siavii wasn't the type of player who was going to come in and make a huge impression on day 1. The fact he's rotating in and doing well is good for him.

At this point it is difficult to gauge how the Chiefs did not only because the season is only 4 weeks old, but the Chiefs draftee's got bit by the injury bug. Round 2, 3 and 1/2 of 4 have been out with injuries most of camp. Round 1 is doing fairly well, and I'd rate Allen as doing very well for a 4th round pick from a small school.

ck_IN
10-04-2004, 02:09 PM
<i>At least give it 2 years post draft before you declare somebody elses draft better than your own.</i>

Ok after watching John Henderson yesterday I'd say it's safe to say that Sims was a pathetic choice by our whizkids.

Chiefnj
10-04-2004, 02:26 PM
<i>At least give it 2 years post draft before you declare somebody elses draft better than your own.</i>

Ok after watching John Henderson yesterday I'd say it's safe to say that Sims was a pathetic choice by our whizkids.

I'm not saying Sims is a disappointment for where he was picked, but let me ask you two questions about Henderson.

1. How did Stroud do on the line against the run before Henderson?
2. How do you think Henderson would fare without a pro-bowler next to him?

J Diddy
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM

See this is the crazy part of it.

Sims was the number one rated dt in the draft.
Everyone else was arguing over who would get taken second so to say I told you so is crazy.

Amnorix
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Josh Evans does look pretty good. But OTOH he was drafted MUCH higher than where you guys were picking, so you might as well be asking for Larry Fitzgerald or Roy Williams for that matter.

Clayton has looked good. I've grabbed him for my fantasy football team (3 WRs deep, and McCardell hasn't come back yet, so....)

KCTitus
10-04-2004, 02:32 PM
See this is the crazy part of it.

Sims was the number one rated dt in the draft.
Everyone else was arguing over who would get taken second so to say I told you so is crazy.

You're catching on...

ck_IN
10-04-2004, 02:45 PM
<i>Sims was the number one rated dt in the draft.
Everyone else was arguing over who would get taken second so to say I told you so is crazy.</i>

Sims and Henderson were rated 1 and 1a. There was really no difference between them. Sims got the nod because of Henderson's previous injury problems. However Henderson was by far the more accomplished and awarded of the two. If we'd drafted Sims in our given pick and he'd turned out to be the bust he is, I'd have had no problem with it. My problem is that DV locked onto him, gave up a 3rd round pick to get him and apparently never considered the possibility of getting Henderson at our given spot who was considered just as good.

htismaqe
10-04-2004, 02:46 PM

John Henderson doesn't line up next to Eric Downing or John Browning...

J Diddy
10-04-2004, 02:49 PM
You're catching on...

why thank you

tk13
10-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Raushand Woods is looking good also. Caught his first TD pass yesterday.

To be fair, that catch was with less than 1 minute to go during garbage time of the game against the Rams. Woods had his first two NFL catches last night in his 4th game, and they were both later on in the 2nd half when the Niners were down 24-0.

ck_IN
10-04-2004, 02:53 PM
I think Henderson would be a vast improvement over Sims even with Browning at his shoulder. I can't argue with you about Downing however. (Another fine DV pick).

alnorth
10-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Hah, when I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be a funny thread where people pretended it was next year and regret not having all the guys who are college studs right now, that we theoretically passed on next year.

Chiefnj
10-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Just for kicks, I found GBN's 2004 draft rankings. Here is where they ranked various Chief players:

57. Keyaron Fox.
90. Junior Siavii.
102. Jared Allen.
116. Samie Parker.

I don't see Wilson on the list and I don't have the top 22 rankings so I assume they had Wilson rated in the top 22.

shaneo69
10-04-2004, 04:04 PM
I don't see Wilson on the list and I don't have the top 22 rankings so I assume they had Wilson rated in the top 22.

Doubtful. The Sporting News Draft Preview listed him as a 6th rounder.