PDA

View Full Version : Words of wisdom from Marcus Allen

InChiefsHell
10-04-2004, 09:22 AM
From KCCHIEFS.com:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/10/01/gretz_from_the_mouth_of_marcus/

Monty Beisel: “That’s something we are trying to build. The last two weeks you guys haven’t seen a finished product yet. You are not going to see it this week …”

Marcus Allen: “OK, listen here; enough of that, enough of that trying. Carl pays you to win. I get paid to win. I didn’t get paid to try. You can get anybody to try. I can get these people to try. You’ve got to win. You get paid to win; you get paid to make tackles.

Good stuff Marcus!! I wish he was in the freakin' locker room. He really lays it all out in this article.

...maybe they should hire him to coach or something...

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Marcus Allen for Head Coach/GM....or at least motivational speaker...

Frankie
10-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Marcus Allen for Head Coach/GM....or at least motivational speaker...

Marcus Allen for president!!....

Lzen
10-04-2004, 10:21 AM
That is why Marcus is in the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. ;)

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 10:22 AM

To be honest, I think his bid would get killed by that whole 'sleeping with Nicole Simpson' deal.

jspchief
10-04-2004, 10:23 AM

He sounds like your kind of candidate. Saying that something needs to be done without any realistic answer on how to make it happen...

I like the fire that Marcus shows, but it falls under the category of "easier said than done". I don't think Beisel isn't getting it done simply because he doesn't want it bad enough. He just doesn't know what he's doing. And even when he does, I'm not sure he has the physical tools to get it done. That applies to a lot of our guys. I do think some are half-assing it out there, but the majority of these guys wanted to win a Superbowl more than us fans wanted them to. You can't just flip a switch and say "Now we're going to win". At some point we're going to have to stop making excuses and just accept that we don't have the talent.

InChiefsHell
10-04-2004, 10:24 AM
To be honest, I think his bid would get killed by that whole 'sleeping with Nicole Simpson' deal.

Now now, that allegation is not proven...I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt don't we?? 'Sides, it's not like he killed her or anything...

InChiefsHell
10-04-2004, 10:27 AM
He sounds like your kind of candidate. Saying that something needs to be done without any realistic answer on how to make it happen...

I like the fire that Marcus shows, but it falls under the category of "easier said than done". I don't think Beisel isn't getting it done simply because he doesn't want it bad enough. He just doesn't know what he's doing. And even when he does, I'm not sure he has the physical tools to get it done. That applies to a lot of our guys. I do think some are half-assing it out there, but the majority of these guys wanted to win a Superbowl more than us fans wanted them to. You can't just flip a switch and say "Now we're going to win". At some point we're going to have to stop making excuses and just accept that we don't have the talent.

I think what he is getting at is, you have to believe that you will win. Not that you will try. You should be genuinely shocked if you lose, because you plainly expect to win. Attitude IS a bigger part of this game. Plenty of guys with talent have crappy attitudes. Most guys with real can do attitudes can elevate their level of play.

Either way, it was nice to read his take. I'm pretty sure Marcus knows what it takes to be a winner... :thumb:

headsnap
10-04-2004, 11:33 AM
that's just like my dealings with my kids, 'I'll try' doesn't cut it, I want 'I WILL!.'

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 11:36 AM
The more I think about it, Marcus could probably carry California pretty easily in a presidential election, which is huge. I wonder how he would do in the Rust Belt area? Anyone know his policies on trade and industrial revitalization?

go bowe
10-04-2004, 11:42 AM
this is all well and good, but all the attitude in the world won't compensate for a lack of talent...

marcus wanted to be great? well, he had the tools to do it...

our defense seems to lack the tools...

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
He'd have trouble carrying some of the more southern states, I would imagine. The whole interracial dating thing might not fly too well in that region.

go bowe
10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
He'd have trouble carrying some of the more southern states, I would imagine. The whole interracial dating thing might not fly too well in that region.it's not as bad as it used to be...

when my wife and i went to rural georgia in the early 80's, we got a lot of disapproving looks everywhere we went...

but in the late 90's, we didn't get a second look from anybody...