PDA

View Full Version : No wonder America is out of shape

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2004, 03:43 PM
I usually make my own organic greens at home to bring to work but I got lazy yesterday and didn't do it. So I decide I'll head to Fresh Choice and get a salad. This is a huge Fresh Choice with two rows you can go through to grab your grub. There is like nobody there. I mean like almost zero people. Across the street is Taco Bell with a line out the door had to be at least a 20 minute wait. For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would ever wait 20 minutes for Taco Bell especially with all the great taqueria’s around here.

On another note I can't believe they want $36 to take your woman to a haunted freakin house for Halloween.

http://www.3dfearfactory.com/sanfrancisco/index.

The only way I pay that much is if there are a bunch of super hot naked women in there and you get to touch.

jspchief
10-04-2004, 03:45 PM
I think it has something to do with the little dog.

Saulbadguy
10-04-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm out of shape, so I can't say much. But the only couple of times i've eaten at Taco Bell, i've had adverse reactions to their beef.

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm out of shape, so I can't say much. But the only couple of times i've eaten at Taco Bell, i've had adverse reactions to their beef.

I won't touch any of their meat. Tostado or a bean burrito with extra onions so I can kill people with my breath.

jspchief
10-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Those caramel apple empanadas kick ass.

Iowanian
10-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Americans are in shape............the shape of a snowman.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I'll eat at TAco Bell about once a month. I have no idea why. I sometimes get food from McDonald's, too... even though there's much better options for burgers around.

I think it's some sort of sickness.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-04-2004, 03:51 PM
since when is round not a shape...?

Calcountry
I live in a town that is Spanish for Lard, I have no chance. Everyone has an excuse, just like they do for smoking.

I am overweight because I eat to much of the wrong stuff and don't excercise enough. Say it!!! SAY IT !!!! OH OHHHHH.

People are fuggin fat, because they are too lazy to go to the store for fresh things like vegetables, then are too lazy to cook em, cut em etc.

They work 50 hours a week, and then drive 1.5 hours to and from San Jose, the old lady has to work to to pay for that 300k house out here in tanktown, so she doesn't feel like cooking and neither does he. After he pays 2.25 for regular, he doesn't have enough spare change, nor the time to go to a decent restaurant, so he punts, and just gets in line at the disgusting, but better than starving cornucopia of fast food joints.

Iowanian
Since Wally and the Beaver called you Lumpy.

Sydd
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
I'll eat at TAco Bell about once a month. I have no idea why. I sometimes get food from McDonald's, too... even though there's much better options for burgers around.

Subliminal messages from the dog and the clown.

seclark
10-04-2004, 03:52 PM
bottle of water and a piece of beef jerky here...it's how i keep my girlish figure.
sec

Calcountry
10-04-2004, 03:53 PM

I think that is because you black out, then end up there.

Wrasse
10-04-2004, 04:38 PM
BTW, if you haven't seen "Supersize Me", it's a great show.

Just picked that up on DVD.

Baby Lee
10-04-2004, 04:40 PM
The only way I pay that much is if there are a bunch of super hot naked women in there and you get to touch.
They tried an 'adult only' haunted house way out in the St.L. suburbs last year. Got shut down before it opened. Wasn't entirely clear whether it was adult d/t more realistic violence or nudity, but nudity was the scuttlebutt.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 04:41 PM
BTW, if you haven't seen "Supersize Me", it's a great show.

Why would I wanna watch some vegan puke all over himself because he thought it was a good idea to eat nothing but quarter pounders for a month? I already saw "Jackass: The Movie". At least they had the good sense to mix up their idiotic stunts.

Baby Lee
10-04-2004, 04:42 PM
I'll eat at TAco Bell about once a month.
GenXMex.com has a coupon page that has a BOGO coupon that you can print out ad infinitum. Two chalupas for $1.89. Tough to turn down a meal that cheap.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 04:43 PM
GenXMex.com has a coupon page that has a BOGO coupon that you can print out ad infinitum. Two chalupas for $1.89. Tough to turn down a meal that cheap.
I find the folks working the drive thru at such establishments have a hard enough time getting my order right as it is. I don't wanna introduce another complication to the process.

Wrasse
10-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Why would I wanna watch some vegan puke all over himself because he thought it was a good idea to eat nothing but quarter pounders for a month? I already saw "Jackass: The Movie". At least they had the good sense to mix up their idiotic stunts.
Not really the point...it more covers the ill effects of the American diet.

Obviously the show isn't for everyone. :)

(he's not Vegan...his girlfriend is)

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 04:47 PM
(he's not Vegan...his girlfriend is)

His girlfriend (of how many years?) is a vegan chef. What do YOU think he's eating every day?

Ash
10-04-2004, 04:47 PM

hes not a vegan,saw it this weekend his girlfriend is a vegan and is completly repulsed by his experment.the movie really shows you a lot of the evils of the fast food culture in this countrys its worth watching once I found it to be informative and fun to watch. but every ones different.He pukes because the rules to the experment was that if they offered super size at mcdonalds when he ordered he had to take it.He simply was not conditioned to eat that much in one meal.

Wrasse
10-04-2004, 04:49 PM
His girlfriend (of how many years?) is a vegan chef. What do YOU think he's eating every day?

Actually goes over that in the film...he eats other things as well.

** has a girlfriend and a mind of his own **

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 04:51 PM
its worth watching

For what exactly? I'm well aware that if I were to eat McDonald's every meal, every day, I would not be in the best of health. Someone who's not used to eating "meat" at all is going to have an even rougher go of it. This doesn't take a genius to figure out.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 04:53 PM
I look forward to this guy's followup film where he smokes five packs of cigarettes a day and gets cancer. I'm sure it'll be revolutionary.

jspchief
10-04-2004, 04:58 PM
I look forward to this guy's followup film where he smokes five packs of cigarettes a day and gets cancer. I'm sure it'll be revolutionary.ROFLROFLROFL

Ash
10-04-2004, 05:01 PM
For what exactly? I'm well aware that if I were to eat McDonald's every meal, every day, I would not be in the best of health. Someone who's not used to eating "meat" at all is going to have an even rougher go of it. This doesn't take a genius to figure out.

I found it to be entertaining and informative I like documentry style films that entertain thats my thing. no its dosent take a genius to know it would be bad for you hes just basicly shining a light on the negative effects of the fast food culture.Even his team of doctors were shocked about how rapidly his body became toxic.even as obvious as it would seem to you and I that its a bad idea its clearly a problem as we are the fatest nation on earth.some people still dont get it.

He does eat meat in his day to day life because his girlfriend was trying to convince him to be a vegan but he said theres no way he could completly cut out meat so I dont think that eating meat was completly out of the norm for him.

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 05:03 PM
He does eat meat in his day to day life because his girlfriend was trying to convince him to be a vegan but he said theres no way he could completly cut out meat

Well, good for him, at least. I suppose I can have at least a shred of respect for him.

Sydd
10-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Just read "Fast Food Nation".

It may cause you to never eat at McDonald's again.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060938455/qid=1096927367/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-2149617-5759868?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 05:07 PM
I'd honestly have no problem at all with never eating at McD's again. I know the shit's horrible for me... and I've gone through periods where I manage to not eat fast food at all.... then one day I'm feeling lazy... "Oh... I'll just go grab something today..." Next thing you know a few weeks have passed and I'm eating that shit almost every night... looking in the mirror and wondering where the hell that gut came from (course... the beer doesn't help ;))

I'm exiting that portion of the cycle at the moment... the pics from the 37 Forever weekend were kinda brutal.

Rain Man
10-04-2004, 05:08 PM
Just read "Fast Food Nation".

It may cause you to never eat at McDonald's again.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060938455/qid=1096927367/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/103-2149617-5759868?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

That's why I plan to never read "Fast Food Nation."

Sydd
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
(course... the beer doesn't help ;))

My brother once tried to use the excuse that the large gut he obtained in college could not be from the beer. It has zero fat in it.

So he marries a doctor and she informs him of things called calories and carbs.

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2004, 05:13 PM
I'd honestly have no problem at all with never eating at McD's again. I know the shit's horrible for me... and I've gone through periods where I manage to not eat fast food at all.... then one day I'm feeling lazy... "Oh... I'll just go grab something today..." Next thing you know a few weeks have passed and I'm eating that shit almost every night... looking in the mirror and wondering where the hell that gut came from (course... the beer doesn't help ;))

I'm exiting that portion of the cycle at the moment... the pics from the 37 Forever weekend were kinda brutal.

Yea you really put it on dude, have another mcmuffin homeboy.

Baby Lee
10-04-2004, 05:14 PM
That's why I plan to never read "Fast Food Nation."
Every time I hear people talking about 'here's the inside skinny, you'll never eat [chicken, McD's, hot dogs, FF, etc] again,' I think of Eddie Murphy talking about how, as a kid, you could drop your ice cream bar in sh!t, dust it off, and go back to eating. "It's just sh!t!!!"

ENDelt260
10-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Kiss my ass.

Baby Lee
10-04-2004, 05:15 PM
McGriddles the new breakfast artery buster. Get with the program. ;)

BIG_DADDY
10-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Kiss my ass.

I would but I think that would make me go over my daily allotment for saturated fat.

Sydd
10-04-2004, 05:19 PM
McGriddles the new breakfast artery buster. Get with the program. ;)

Yes... our "breakfast" was not bad enough for you, so we will put some added sugar and flavor and tell you it is syrup!

Demonpenz
10-04-2004, 07:12 PM

I agree about supersize being a dumbass movie my concept had me falling down the steps every day

http://www.geocities.com/demonpenz/Falling.html

ChiefsCountry
10-04-2004, 07:56 PM

That is called going to school in a small town in Missouri.