PDA

View Full Version : Its time to sit Dante and go with Morton, Kennison and Horn

Dave Lane
10-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Its time to sit Dante let him get his legs under him for punt returns and kickoffs. Its obvious he's worn out and not the same player. We need him for field position not a couple catches a game.

Go with Morton, Horn and Smith if Kennison isn't ready or even Parker to stretch the field.

Dave

Mr. Laz
10-04-2004, 10:45 PM
yep... Dante needs to concentrate on his returns

Morton
Kennison
Horn
Dante Hall <--- only a couple special plays a game as receiver

AirForceChief
10-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Given the way this game went down, I think it is safe to say you have gotten your wish!!

Dave Lane
10-04-2004, 10:48 PM
yep... Dante needs to concentrate on his returns

Morton
Kennison
Horn
Dante Hall <--- only a couple special plays a game as receiver

I agree a reverse, a couple screens maybe in for 5-10 plays with 3-4 going to him.

Dave

Bowser
10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Agreed. But you have still got to get Dante in the game. He's too dynamic. If these kitty-cat punters are going to sky one up for 34 yards and a fair catch, or sail one out of bounds just to keep Dante's hands off of it, you have got to make sure to get him some reps on O. Not start him, but make sure he gets in.

Count Zarth
10-04-2004, 10:50 PM
Morton is the bomb.

BigRedChief
10-04-2004, 10:52 PM
I think thats a done deal. No way he sits the bench anymore. DV was praising him at his press conference.

the Talking Can
10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't remember, but was Horn playing instead of Dante at the end?

I agree....Horn just has better WR instincts...save Dante for returns and 6-7 pass plays a game

Dave Lane
10-04-2004, 11:18 PM
I think thats a done deal. No way he sits the bench anymore. DV was praising him at his press conference.

But the main thing i think is to not wear out Dante.

Dave

Sure-Oz
10-04-2004, 11:40 PM
I agree, hopefully kennison can get healthy and add a little more spark to our WR core, hopefully horns hard work will rub off on morton.

tk13
10-04-2004, 11:43 PM
Not to hijack the thread in a different direction, but after watching what Dunn did in the first half.... I do now really believe Kris Wilson alone may have made a bigger difference in these first four games than I would've anticipated if he'd stayed healthy. Just having another weapon of any kind out there right now helps open things up a bit.... Dunn really played a big role early on, and he doesn't have the speed Wilson does.

Count Zarth
10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
Al Saunders called a great game apart from our last drive.

Using Tony G as a decoy is the best thing we've done all year.

Chris Horn is going to open up some shit for everyone, too, IMO.

Ari Chi3fs
10-04-2004, 11:51 PM
the dude just catches passes. its nice to see the ball not hit his hands and then the turf.

Macroach
10-05-2004, 12:44 AM
Dante should concentrate on returns so he can avoid the big hits over the middle or on slants as a WR.

Run the 7 or 8 plays a game where he runs a reverse or a quasi-screen pass for him.

I'm on the Chris Horn bandwagon. He's not fast, tall, or big, but he can run a clean route and catch the ball.

Trent seemed to be looking for him a lot. Could be a good chemistry developing there.

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 12:45 AM
I don't mind using Dante, but only as a slot #3 guy. He's not big or physical enough to matchup with a #2 corner in this league.

Dave Lane
10-05-2004, 07:19 AM
I don't mind using Dante, but only as a slot #3 guy. He's not big or physical enough to matchup with a #2 corner in this league.

I'd rather use Horn or Parker as the #3. Use Hall 5-10 plays a game.

Dave

morphius
10-05-2004, 07:27 AM
I liked what DV said last night about Horn, it was something along the lines of, "He knows the offense, is going to be right where you expect him to be. We know what we had in him, and he was on and off the roster last season, but he is here to stay this time.".