PDA

View Full Version : My favorite Madden observation of the night

PunkinDrublic
10-04-2004, 11:21 PM
It had to be when the camera panned down to Larry Johnson standing on the sideline with his arms folded and looking pissed off. Madden had the insight to tell us that Larry Johnson looked like he wasn't going to play tonight.

Sure-Oz
10-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Well not shit, it kinda sucks to see Larry looking like that, I am hoping he was just as happy as the others to get a W. I would've loved to see him get in there a few times, but blaylock did a good job.

HolmeZz
10-04-2004, 11:47 PM
I saw all I needed Monday. Blaylock's shown me he can carry the rock well in our offense. I'm all for trading Larry, at the right price.

DanT
10-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Makes you wonder what Saunders, Vermeil and Peterson said to Madden about him.

|Zach|
10-04-2004, 11:55 PM
I dislike Madden as much as anyone but for some reason he just didnt piss me off tonight.

el borracho
10-04-2004, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw Johnson in on special teams tonight.

Dick Bull
10-04-2004, 11:59 PM
It had to be when the camera panned down to Larry Johnson standing on the sideline with his arms folded and looking pissed off. Madden had the insight to tell us that Larry Johnson looked like he wasn't going to play tonight.

or anytime soon was the quote that followed it.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw Johnson in on special teams tonight.
He was in there.

Macroach
10-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Madden was not as unbearable as he usually is.

I expected to hear about how great Ray Lewis and "that Baltimore defense" are all night. Instead, Madden acually made some honest comments about how Ray Lewis was NOT getting doubled on every play despite his miked up comments. Madden also made note of the times that Priest ran right by Ray Lewis.

I liked his comments about how dominant the O-Line was. You can't argue with a 40min/20min time if possession.

Rain Man
10-05-2004, 01:01 AM
I'll have to agree with some others that Madden wasn't nearly as irritating as usual tonight.

htismaqe
10-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Johnson didn't look pissed at all. And he played on ST.

morphius
10-05-2004, 07:23 AM
I saw all I needed Monday. Blaylock's shown me he can carry the rock well in our offense. I'm all for trading Larry, at the right price.
Yeah, lets trade the one guy we have under contract next year, versus the guy who will be a FA and will most likely test the market.

nmt1
10-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Not a Madden observation but the way Michaels kept going on and on and on about that punt that was almost downed on the 1 foot line made me sick. He was even talking about it after the offense had run a play so it was meaningless. Made me want to throw something at him.

Swanman
10-05-2004, 08:18 AM
I liked his comments about how dominant the O-Line was. You can't argue with a 40min/20min time if possession.

I think he was leaning towards making the Chiefs O-Line the Horse Trailer player of the game but since he did it with the Packers O-line earlier in the season he didn't think it would go over well.

Skip Towne
10-05-2004, 08:24 AM
The problem with trading Johnson is that we don't know what to ask for him. We don't know what we have. I don't want him to turn into Marcus Allen for somebody else.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-05-2004, 08:30 AM
after the BS call on McCleon in the end zone, I think they would have put a Chief on the horse trailer even if the Chiefs lost