PDA

View Full Version : Much Respect...your O-Line won it.

naca72
10-05-2004, 02:55 AM
The Chief's O-line was absolutely man-handling our front 7. Priest had a good game, and we couldn't stop anything. We as Baltimore fans are not used to seeing our defense be the reason why we lost, and it's a little humbling when it happens. Your offense had scoring drives totaling 58 plays for 332 yards...ouch.

Great game overall, and the best team won tonight. We didn't deserve to win...although I would've taken a win and been happy about it if we had.

Hope none of your injuries were too serious, and good luck the rest of the way...if you can beat up the remaining teams from the AFC North I'd really appreciate it.

Ari Chi3fs
10-05-2004, 03:03 AM
classy post Naca72. We appreciate your sentiments.

alanm
10-05-2004, 03:11 AM
Your boys played a decent game as well. The Chiefs were a wounded animal with their backs to the wall. They had to have this win tonight. But you were right. KC's Oline won the game tonight. They just ground it out and neutralized Lewis. They just kept the Ravens D on the field waaaaaay to long and wore your defense down. But man it was a good game. :thumb:

Either the Chiefs or the Huskers are going to be the cause of my heart attack this year. The race is neck and neck.:banghead::)

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 07:22 AM
It's great to see that all Ravens fans aren't like the ones egging Gunther on late in the 4th quarter. I didn't count how many were there but there wasn't enough. They're lucky Gun has mellowed with age.

InChiefsHell
10-05-2004, 07:25 AM
Either the Chiefs or the Huskers are going to be the cause of my heart attack this year. The race is neck and neck.:banghead::)

Amen on both counts, brutha!!

InChiefsHell
10-05-2004, 07:28 AM
The Chief's O-line was absolutely man-handling our front 7. Priest had a good game, and we couldn't stop anything. We as Baltimore fans are not used to seeing our defense be the reason why we lost, and it's a little humbling when it happens. Your offense had scoring drives totaling 58 plays for 332 yards...ouch.

Great game overall, and the best team won tonight. We didn't deserve to win...although I would've taken a win and been happy about it if we had.

Hope none of your injuries were too serious, and good luck the rest of the way...if you can beat up the remaining teams from the AFC North I'd really appreciate it.

When they showed Ray Lewis freaking out about the double team, I knew we had their defense's number. Ironic on the punt return, how last year it was Dante who did it...

...good game and classy post. Trust me, I'm sure the Chiefs would love to do nothing more than beat up on the whole of the AFC North for you.

:thumb:

cdcox
10-05-2004, 07:29 AM
naca72, you are the man for coming to the board to give props. You are welcome to hang around here anytime.

Mr. Kotter
10-05-2004, 07:45 AM
Gracious post. Thanks...I think it was simply a matter of we HAD to have it.... :)

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Classy post.... good luck the rest of ther year!

Gaz
10-05-2004, 09:17 AM
As has been mentioned already, a class move on your part.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not see enough of that on the BB.

Braincase
10-05-2004, 09:23 AM

Nice post. Thanks for the props, and feel free to come back anytime. We'll try and accomodate your division needs.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome back - thanks for the comments.

At one point, Ray Lewis told his teammates that they needed to put Trent Green on his back in order to win. The Chiefs won because the put Ray Lewis on his back repeatedly. I've never seen Ray Lewis as such a non-factor.

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
At one point, Ray Lewis told his teammates that they needed to put Trent Green on his back in order to win. The Chiefs won because the put Ray Lewis on his back repeatedly. I've never seen Ray Lewis as such a non-factor.

I was impressed and I think Gunther is about 95% responsable for that.

InChiefsHell
10-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Welcome back - thanks for the comments.

Or Jamal Lewis, for that matter...only 73 yards...he was a non-factor!!

vckcchiefs04
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM
NACA72 very nice post..... you show class, you recieve class back. The Ravens will be just fine this year..... I still think they will win the AFC north, but we just got the best of them last night. We just need to keep this same game plan for another game...... we have another team that is all defense and no offense. Do the same to the Jags and we'll be on the way.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-05-2004, 09:42 AM

Style and class naca...thanks. Fwiw my youngest daughter's name is Raven...so we root for your team...when they're not playing ours...

:thumb:

Skip Towne
10-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Classy post. You represent your team well. If you see Raven tell him hi for me.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Excellent post by the n00b, goodluck the rest of teh way as well. I was suprised how we shut Ray down, he still had 11 tackles but it wasnt a good game for him, if it was anyone else it would've been.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 09:53 AM
naca72,
Thanks for coming here and being a classy poster. I hate to disappoint you but, we play the AFC South this year. The Ravens are the only team the Chiefs play that are in the AFC North.

Ralphy Boy
10-05-2004, 09:57 AM
I was impressed and I think Gunther is about 95% responsable for that.

I think it was more Al Saunders and the offensive players who were responsible for putting Ray on his back and making him a non-factor, not as much the defense.

The defense was very fortunate that Al and the O had such a good game plan and executed as well as they did.

If our D had been on the field as long as Baltimore's was, I don't think anybody would be happy right now.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 10:04 AM
I think it was more Al Saunders and the offensive players who were responsible for putting Ray on his back and making him a non-factor, not as much the defense.

The defense was very fortunate that Al and the O had such a good game plan and executed as well as they did.

If our D had been on the field as long as Baltimore's was, I don't think anybody would be happy right now.

Boo! Bad vibes. Be gone with you! 4321

InChiefsHell
10-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, Gee, could it be that our Defense got themselves off the field and that they gave our O all those opportunites??

Ralphy-Boy = glass half full... :cuss:

naca72
10-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize that we were the only AFC North team that was on your schedule.

Jamal wasn't a non-factor...those 73 yards were on 15 carries. If he was a non-factor, it was the playcalling that put him there.

Your O-Line was absolutely terrific last night, and that was the difference in the game. They out-played our front 7, which doesn't happen too much. The only comfort I take is that Kansas City has a great O-Line, and so the teams that can do to us what you did are few and far between.

InChiefsHell
10-05-2004, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I didn't realize that we were the only AFC North team that was on your schedule.

Jamal wasn't a non-factor...those 73 yards were on 15 carries. If he was a non-factor, it was the playcalling that put him there.

Your O-Line was absolutely terrific last night, and that was the difference in the game. They out-played our front 7, which doesn't happen too much. The only comfort I take is that Kansas City has a great O-Line, and so the teams that can do to us what you did are few and far between.

Sure, but not to get into a pissing match, 18 of those were on his first carry. So, 55 yards on 14 carries is not much. Less than 4 yds per carry. Against our "anemic" defense, this is an embarassing show for Jamal.

I'll be honest, with as close as the game was, I don't know why we didn't see a steady dose of Jamal. Couple of weeks ago in KC against Carolina, we had the same thing with Priest. He just didn't get used, and we never really got a good explanation as to why...