PDA

View Full Version : Emergence of Chris Horn

KHinz57
10-05-2004, 09:02 AM
I don't know what to think. Chris Horn didn't drop a pass, ran great routes last night, and made great catches, the most impressive, that long bomb, that was called back due to holding. The thing that bothers me, is if Chris Horn continues to play good, Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders will have him in there, but I just don't feel he is physical enough, like Johnnie Morton was last night. I suppose it really doesn't matter if you can get open, but if the game comes down to a big catch, and the pressure is all on this guy, with him being a newbie and all, can he handle the pressure, and make the big catch? Then again, none of the other receivers can, so again I suppose it doesn't matter. But kudos to the unsung hero of the game!

MOhillbilly
10-05-2004, 09:06 AM
Who cares.Just get r dun!
You cant have cake and eat it to if youre a Chiefs fan.Best recolize.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-05-2004, 09:06 AM
I was just wondering why it took us so long to get him on the active roster. He was clutch, I don't care if he's big and physical or not...just get the job done...he did.

I'm the newest member of the Chris Horn fan club.

Lzen
10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Yep. My coworker here has been pimping Chris Horn since last year. I kept thinking Richard Smith would be better. Guess I was wrong. Chris is playing like a vet. :thumb:

KHinz57
10-05-2004, 09:08 AM
When Eddie Kennison comes back, I wonder if he'll "Put that on they ass" on Chris Horn?

Hoover
10-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Just think after the bye what the Offense could do?

3 WR: Morton, Horn, Kennison
2 TE: Dunn and Tony G
4 Wr: Morton, Horn, Kennison, Hall
Plus Kris Wilson will be back soon

We need to win vs Jacksonville and Atlanta get back to .500 before the Indy game.

dtebbe
10-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I don't know what to think. Chris Horn didn't drop a pass, ran great routes last night, and made great catches, the most impressive, that long bomb, that was called back due to holding. The thing that bothers me, is if Chris Horn continues to play good, Dick Vermeil and Al Saunders will have him in there, but I just don't feel he is physical enough, like Johnnie Morton was last night. I suppose it really doesn't matter if you can get open, but if the game comes down to a big catch, and the pressure is all on this guy, with him being a newbie and all, can he handle the pressure, and make the big catch? Then again, none of the other receivers can, so again I suppose it doesn't matter. But kudos to the unsung hero of the game!

I thought that about Borighter his first year too. Felt like Buddy Ryan by the end of the year, because all he did was catch touchdowns. I would much rather have a "finesse" guy that catches everything rather than a "physical" guy that drops every 3rd pass. Until Morton has 3 or 4 games in a row like the one last night, he's still packing the umbrella as far as I'm concerned.

DT

Katipan
10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
... but if the game comes down to a big catch, and the pressure is all on this guy, with him being a newbie and all, can he handle the pressure, and make the big catch?

Might be new to the NFL, but he's played in almost every other kind of professional football environment, save CFL.

We haven't seen much of it yet, nor do I think we will often because of his size, but he has balls of steel, and has never been afraid to go across the middle.

We're big Horn fans here. :p

el borracho
10-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Chiefs fans should hope for the following:

A) the combination of Morton, Kennison, Hall, Horn and Parker are good enough to win this year

B) Wilson returns quickly and healthy and is productive enough to help us win this year

C) the development of Horn, Parker and/ or Smith allows us to upgrade Morton next year (Morton will probably be cut due to age, performance and salary)

D) Boerigter returns healthy and productive next year