PDA

View Full Version : I was wrong. Here to admit it.

Taco John
10-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Don't let this go to your head too much, because based on what I've seen around this place the last three week, you guys can take a ball and run with it all the way to Albequerque (watching this place go from threads about how to reinforce the shower rod to support your weight, to nominating Gunther for Almighty Dictator of the Universe despite having given up 24 points to that pathetic Ravens offense has been wholly amusing).

But I want to clear the air on something I said that was wrong. While my track record here for getting things right is so good (as an example, I nailed Holmes losing his second level burst last year and both Dick and Priest corroborated it), there comes a time when a man has got to recognize when he's wrong and sack up and say it.

I was wrong about Trent Green.

Trent Green is legitimately a top ten quarterback in this league. I wouldn't go so far as to say top five, but he's certainly top ten. I would still take Plummer over him, because of the mobility that he gives our offense and how amusing it is to watch him bootleg you guys all day long and I dig the way he conducts himself as the leader of our team, but I'm not going to shake any sticks at Green's ability to quarterback your team. At one time I had said that it was all about your offensive line, and that's why Trent looked so good. And while I believe that led to his career changing confidence boost, the fact is, the guy finds a way to get it done. He might not be the smoothest scrambler there is, but he gets away and makes plays.

It's hard not to respect what I'm seeing.

So go ahead, and take the "TrINT is back" signatures out of your profiles, and pretend like you never gave up on him the whole time. I won't say anything...

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Who is this ? OK, where is Taco, what have you done with him.

David.
10-05-2004, 11:39 AM
yeah and 24 points. Take away a punt return, a int in the endzone called back, and a ****ING flea flicker :shake: and our defense flat dominated them.

jspchief
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
nominating Gunther for Almighty Dictator of the Universe despite having given up 24 points to that pathetic Ravens offense has been wholly amusing).

While we're talking about you being wrong...our D didn't give up 24 to the Ravens.

el borracho
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
... based on what I've seen around this place the last three week, you guys can take a ball and run with it all the way to Albequerque ...
... and when you get here we should have a beer... :toast:

Iowanian
10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
hmmm...There might be a couple of medium sized pills in that sack afterall.

Since its a bye week, I'd be happy to bring the handy-man corner thread back up, and we can discuss ways to volcano-proof your home....

PS...this is a good place to add that Priest Holmes is a superior RB to Griffin, and that the Defense only gave up 17 points.

ChiefsOne
10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks a little Taco and f@$k you very much!

Taco John
10-05-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah and 24 points. Take away a punt return, a int in the endzone called back, and a ****ING flea flicker :shaek: and our defense flat dominated them.

Congratulations. If you take away things that happened last night, your defense dominated a bad offense.

Also, if woodpeckers had lips, they could whistle.

Baby Lee
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
This thread needs one of those Star Wars "It's a TRAP!!!!" posts.

Taco John
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
PS...this is a good place to add that Priest Holmes is a superior RB to Griffin, and that the Defense only gave up 17 points.

I've never even considered that he wasn't.

Iowanian
10-05-2004, 11:45 AM
and If Griffin had played KC last night, he'd be averaging 1.5ypc and .95 fumbles per game this season.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I gotta disagree. I'm still not a huge fan. I'm not over the "L" he hung on the Chiefs last weekend. There's something wrong with the way he's throwing the ball. His mechanics are off.

Yes, he evades surprisingly well. He makes things happen with that ability and that's an assett. I don't think that puts him in the top 10, though. If it does, that's an indictment on the league's top 10 QB's more than it is a compliment to Trent Green.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 11:47 AM
The d is improving, its good to see that. Last night should def. boost their confidence and trents of our wr's

Iowanian
10-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Green definitely plays with heart...........He's definitely doing everything he can to stay on his feet and make a play happen(see the run to the 1)......I did think he was throwing the ball pretty well last night, but agree with Phildo that he hasn't been throwing the ball that well so far..........maybe its the wrs, maybe its timing, maybe its confidence in the WRs....maybe its that Welbourn is blocking now................

Braincase
10-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Taco,

If it makes you feel better, we were wrong about Q.

L8r

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 11:50 AM
Seems like he's had to rush throws the past few weeks, he looked alot better last night.

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Top 10 ? Yes, but so far this year, he hasn't showed it that much . I agree with Phil, his passes this year are not crisp like last year. His reading of the defense is not up to par.

Last night, it appeared he was having a grip issue. A couple of passes came out looking like wounded ducks. Not sure if he is losing his grip or not gripping the ball in the right place to pass it ?

Iowanian
10-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Green had alot better protection last night.......

The Line has been playing very well vs the 3-4.......which is good news with 4 games remaining vs Eggo and Oakland.

I'm glad Green is the QB, and he's earned that.......I wasn't a fan in year 1.........I'm equally glad that Brian Plummer, I mean..Jake Greise isn't the KC QB....

J Diddy
10-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Top 10 ? Yes, but so far this year, he hasn't showed it that much . I agree with Phil, his passes this year are not crisp like last year. His reading of the defense is not up to par.

Last night, it appeared he was having a grip issue. A couple of passes came out looking like wounded ducks. Not sure if he is losing his grip or not gripping the ball in the right place to pass it ?

what about that play on 3rd down somewhere in the 4th quarter, he started to throw it and then forced it down cuz two db were starting to cut in front.

If that was a grip issue then I'll take it, but if he meant to do that then that was a good play.

Wichita Lineman
10-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Am I the only one that would love to put both my hands around the neck of this Taco person and leave him breathless and even more braindead in the street.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
There's a fine line between making a humorous post and making threats. Lets try to keep it more to the side of "humorous post" and less towards terroristic threats, please.

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one that would love to put both my hands around the neck of this Taco person and leave him breathless and even more braindead in the street.
I would rather go have a few beers with the guy.

Wichita Lineman
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
He's not humorous and that wasn't a threat just an observation.

KC Kings
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM

The only wounded ducks I saw were when he was throwing while in a dead sprint, and when he started to throw to Tony G and saw that he would have been picked off, and the ball went in the dirt as he tried to bring it back.

Mark M
10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
While my track record here for getting things right is so good (as an example, I nailed Holmes losing his second level burst last year and both Dick and Priest corroborated it)

Ahhh ... revisionist history.

I believe the actual quote was "Priest is done, finished, finito, fine." The facts prove that you were wrong.

But let's not let facts get in the way ...

MM
~~:shake:

KCTitus
10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
While my track record here for getting things right is so good (as an example, I nailed Holmes losing his second level burst last year and both Dick and Priest corroborated it)

Correction...that was the 5th of 5 predictions made about Priest's ability to play as the season progressed last year.

It ranged from "Priest is done", to "Priest wont be ready to play the opener" to "Priest wont have a good season like 2002" to "He's lost his burst"...and all the while only set the Rushing TD record in the NFL.

It's safe to say that your record for getting things right on the subject of Holmes alone is horrid.

ChiTown
10-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Correction...that was the 5th of 5 predictions made about Priest's ability to play as the season progressed last year.

It ranged from "Priest is done", to "Priest wont be ready to play the opener" to "Priest wont have a good season like 2002" to "He's lost his burst"...and all the while only set the Rushing TD record in the NFL.

It's safe to say that your record for getting things right on the subject of Holmes alone is horrid.

Taco ought to know better than to fug with the :titus: . LMAO

Braincase
10-05-2004, 01:30 PM

Nothing personal, but you'll find alot of us have a little respect for Taco on his good days. If you catch up with his post count, and you still wanna kill him... eh, I'd still rather have a beer with him. BTW, he loves pics of Jennifer Lopez eating boogers.

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 01:31 PM
The life of a keyboard tough guy...

ChiTown
10-05-2004, 01:33 PM

Do they have tatoos for that?

|Zach|
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Do they have tatoos for that?
You get "Hard Ass Alert" written over your chest.

So how was the game in the suite? Have you posted about it yet?

Mark M
10-05-2004, 01:39 PM

It's a hard knock life ...

MM
~~:)

Hoover
10-05-2004, 01:40 PM
Um the Ravens O only put up 17 on our D.

Taco John
10-05-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm counting the flea flicker as two touchdowns. Rightfully so. :p

Braincase
10-05-2004, 01:46 PM

Hey, baby, check the avy... :)

Taco John
10-05-2004, 01:54 PM

ROFL

I'm pretty sure it's just you...

Iowanian
10-05-2004, 01:57 PM

I hope you were singing Johnny Cash when posting that.

I hear the training comin, rollin round the bend.......I ain't seen the sunshine, since...I don't know when.....I'm stuck in Folsom Prison.....

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Taco John is the bomb.

I always knew you would see the light, Taco. :D

tk13
10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
:)

Inspector
10-05-2004, 08:21 PM
...and you said you were never coming back here again.

So, I guess that's 2 things you were wrong about.

Overall, not bad.

Bowser
10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Taco John is the bomb.

I always knew you would see the light, Taco. :D

Are you auditioning to be Taco's fluffer?

Count Alex's Losses
10-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Are you auditioning to be Taco's fluffer?

This is at least the third time I've posted the words "Taco John is the bomb."

dtebbe
10-05-2004, 09:17 PM
If you keep showing your soft side we are going to rename you Taco Tico... aka Soft Taco.

DT

chiefsfolife
10-05-2004, 09:39 PM
no respect from me for any donkey or faider fans...fags

Ultra Peanut
10-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Um the Ravens O only put up 17 on our D.And that's with the four extra points they got after one of the worst PI calls in the history of football (No contact AND untouchable? Brilliant!), a 50-yard field goal, and the horrendous field position the coverage teams gave them all night long.

Only two of the Ravens' drives, out of ten, started inside of their own 30 (and one was at the 27). The Ravens' three scoring drives started at their own 32 (FG, 36 yds gained), their own 43 (57-yd TD pass), and their own 38 (TD, 62 yds including the BS PI). The rest of their drives (two started near midfield and one started at their own 42) went for a combined 35 yards.

C-Mac
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
Congratulations. If you take away things that happened last night, your defense dominated a bad offense.
Also, if woodpeckers had lips, they could whistle.

Oh ya.....not to mention a bad offense at home, on MNF, thats a top 3 rushing offense in the league, that sports a guy named Jamal Lewis who was last years leading rusher, and was leading the league in YPR, that was held to measley 52 yds after his first run of 18yds. Anyone would have dominated that offense, thats why its a small miracle that they even won the last 2 away games in a row with a combined score of 53-21. Darn facts!
:shake:

Chan93lx50
10-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Before you know it, Taco will be a Chiefs fan!

wazu
10-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Good to see you've (sort of) come to your senses, TJ. Green and Jake are in the same class. Green's a little more accurate and less mistake-prone, Jake's a lot more mobile. Although as far as Green goes, for a guy that's not that mobile, he sure is good at shedding tackles and finding a receiver downfield in a hurry.

Mr. Kotter
10-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Mods, can we "sticky" this thread....I like seeing the title every time I log onto the planet.... :hmmm:

Ralphy Boy
10-06-2004, 12:20 AM
And that's with the four extra points they got after one of the worst PI calls in the history of football (No contact AND untouchable? Brilliant!), a 50-yard field goal, and the horrendous field position the coverage teams gave them all night long.

Only two of the Ravens' drives, out of ten, started inside of their own 30 (and one was at the 27). The Ravens' three scoring drives started at their own 32 (FG, 36 yds gained), their own 43 (57-yd TD pass), and their own 38 (TD, 62 yds including the BS PI). The rest of their drives (two started near midfield and one started at their own 42) went for a combined 35 yards.

I just love a factual and succint post.

Very well said, keep up the good work. Your one of the best students in the class.

Chan93lx50
10-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Mods, can we "sticky" this thread....I like seeing the title every time I log onto the planet.... :hmmm:

I like this idea!

Count Alex's Losses
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Bumping for posterity.

ENDelt260
10-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Heh... I didn't read the date at first and was kinda surprised to see Taco still saying he'd take Jake over Trent.