PDA

View Full Version : The Pats have panzy schedule .....

ROYC75
10-05-2004, 05:00 PM
Talking about weak schedule..... the road to the SB will pass thru New England once again .

Sep 9 Indianapolis Won 27-24
Sep 19 @Arizona Won 23-12
Week 3 BYE
Oct 3 @Buffalo Won 31-17
Oct 10 Miami 1:00pm ( w )
Oct 17 Seattle 1:00pm ( w )
Oct 24 N.Y. Jets 4:05pm ( w )
Oct 31 @Pittsburgh 4:15pm ( ? ) probally a win
Nov 7 @St. Louis 4:15pm ( ? ) who nows, probally a win
Nov 14 Buffalo 8:30pm ( w )
Nov 22 @Kansas City 9:00pm ( L ) Fingers crossed
Nov 28 Baltimore 1:00pm ( w )
Dec 5 @Cleveland 1:00pm ( w )
Dec 12 Cincinnati 1:00pm ( w )
Dec 20 @Miami 9:00pm ( w )
Dec 26 @N.Y. Jets 4:05pm ( L )
Jan 2 San Francisco 1:00pm ( w )

Probally only 2 losses here, 4 at the most , I mean some teams will have to catch them down.

Damn Lucky dogs .........

morphius
10-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Seattle, Jets and Baltimore are all possible tough games.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Of course... Seattle and Baltimore are home games... so they've got that going for them

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 05:12 PM
They'll go undefeated in their division.

And that schedule has to be one of the weakest in the league, especially when you throw in the fact that this is supposed to be a first-place schedule.

Calcountry
10-05-2004, 05:13 PM
San Francisco is sure to give them a go for that pivotal playoff spot they will be contending for in the last game of the season at NE.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 05:13 PM
especially when you throw in the fact that this is supposed to be a first-place schedule.

Which affects a whole TWO games out of the sixteen.

HolmeZz
10-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Which affects a whole TWO games out of the sixteen.

I was just saying it's one of the weaker schedules in the league even WITH the first place teams from last year on their schedule.

Spicy McHaggis
10-05-2004, 07:56 PM
yeah if the Pats don't run the table they've got no one to blame but themselves. That said, I see them competing for the AFC championship at the least.

tk13
10-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Sean Salisbury on SportsCenter last night predicted their first loss to come at Arrowhead.

We'll see, I've thought from beginning of the season that the Jets are going to give them a dogfight.... I think they can beat them.

stevieray
10-05-2004, 08:04 PM
How many playoff teams on that schedule?

:shake:

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Sean Salisbury on SportsCenter last night predicted their first loss to come at Arrowhead.

We'll see, I've thought from beginning of the season that the Jets are going to give them a dogfight.... I think they can beat them.

That would be terrific. The first time on MNF for the Chiefs in awhile...and we beat the Pats.

FringeNC
10-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah, too bad we didn't take advantage of our weak schedule last year. All the breaks went our way, and we couldn't even win a playoff game....now the luck has turned against us, and even though we are probably a better team than last year, we probably won't even make the playoffs.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 08:36 PM
The first time on MNF for the Chiefs in awhile

Yeah... like weeks.

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Yeah... like weeks.

I mean at home.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
I mean at home.
Might've considered... I dunno... saying that then.

Not that it would've made my response any less valid.

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Might've considered... I dunno... saying that then.

I meant to.

Chan93lx50
10-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Dunno about you guys but the Pats have eeked up right behind the Broncos and Raiders for me!

I don't know why but I want them LOSE!

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Didnt we have a panzy schedule last year?? Pot, meet the kettle...

morphius
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Dunno about you guys but the Pats have eeked up right behind the Broncos and Raiders for me!

I don't know why but I want them LOSE!
You just can't stand a winner and all the media attention that they get. Its kind of like the Rams there for a couple years, greatest show on turf, blah, blah, blah. I haven't been too upset with the pats, there is nobody on that team that just annoy's me, and for the most part their fans have been pretty cool.

ChiefFripp
10-05-2004, 10:31 PM
That's why Im a Chiefs fan, being a Pats fan would be too predictable with all those wins and superbowls...you'd tire of it after a bit.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 10:33 PM
I hold no ill will towards the Pats.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
That's why Im a Chiefs fan, being a Pats fan would be too predictable with all those wins and superbowls...you'd tire of it after a bit.
Haha.

Chan93lx50
10-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Why I don't like the Pat's.

Brother in-law big PATS fan and after years of watching football with him you begin to hate your friends favorite teams!

Long story short!

Manila-Chief
10-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Weak schedule ....

But, if playing tougher schedule & getting off to a bad start will make us into a much more focused and determined team then it make help us once we face them in the play-offs.

I'm not saying we will ... coz we face some really tough teams ahead of us .... but we will have to pretty near win out to have a ligit chance of doing anything in the playoffs. Therefore, the adversity can help us in the long run!!!

Ari Chi3fs
10-06-2004, 12:18 AM
"We are the Pats...." anyone remember that song? heh.

ENDelt260
10-06-2004, 12:21 AM
"We are the Pats...." anyone remember that song? heh.
No.

But, I have the Superbowl Shuffle on tape.

And... I vaguely remember, We Are the Kickers

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 05:52 AM

Honestly, you just don't. Just figured I'd give you a first hand point of view... :)

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 05:54 AM
We do have a very weak schedule. If we go undefeated (which I am NOT predicting), then it will be helped along quite a bit by the very weak schedule we seem to have. I note the 'phins had an amazingly weak schedule in '72.

We proved ourselves last year when we had a ridiculously tough schedule. 7 regular season games against teams that won at least 10 games (and, of course, those teams would have had even more wins if they had beaten us).

IMHO we have the inside track on the #1 seed, now that we've beaten Indy and have what seems to be a relatively soft schedule in front of us.

Swanman
10-06-2004, 06:53 AM
We do have a very weak schedule. If we go undefeated (which I am NOT predicting), then it will be helped along quite a bit by the very weak schedule we seem to have. I note the 'phins had an amazingly weak schedule in '72.

Compared to the Chiefs schedule, the Pats lucked out in drawing the NFC West (absolutely horrible except for Seattle) and the AFC North (fairly mediocre from top to bottom) compared to the Chiefs drawing the NFC South (TB looking to be the only weak team of the bunch and possibly NO) and the AFC South (probably toughest division top to bottom especially after Houston's improvement).

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 07:15 AM
Compared to the Chiefs schedule, the Pats lucked out in drawing the NFC West (absolutely horrible except for Seattle) and the AFC North (fairly mediocre from top to bottom) compared to the Chiefs drawing the NFC South (TB looking to be the only weak team of the bunch and possibly NO) and the AFC South (probably toughest division top to bottom especially after Houston's improvement).

Yes we did. But last year you had the easier schedule than us, by far, so I'm not all that sympathetic that this year someone else has a tougher schedule.

stevieray
10-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Yes we did. But last year you had the easier schedule than us, by far, so I'm not all that sympathetic that this year someone else has a tougher schedule.

Reigning SB Champions deserve a cakewalk, because they had a hard schedule last year.

Great logic.

donkhater
10-06-2004, 07:31 AM
It looks weak, but it would become much, much stronger if Brady were to go down. It's a long season.

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Reigning SB Champions deserve a cakewalk, because they had a hard schedule last year.

Great logic.

It has nothing to do with what we "deserve".

Each year, the NFL schedule is such that each team plays:

1. each other team in their division twice (6 games)

2. each team in one of the other divisions in their conference (4 games).

3. each team in one division in the other conference (4 games)

4. the two teams in the remaining two divisions within the team's conference that finished in the same place in that division as the subject team did in its division (2 games).

So, 14 games are IDENTICAL for each team in any given division in any given year. 2 games are against the teams that had the same spot in the other two divisions within the conference.

The Pats this year, along with the rest of the AFC East, is playing the AFC North (which more or less sucks) and the AFC West (which more or less sucks, other than Seattle).

Since the Pats finished first, we get the Chiefs (first place in the AFC West (who probably do not suck, but it's not completely clear yet)), and the Colts (first place in the AFC South), whom most people would agree is a tough game, but we already won that one.

That's life. :shrug:

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 07:33 AM
It looks weak, but it would become much, much stronger if Brady were to go down. It's a long season.

*shudder* Bite your tongue.

Mr. Kotter
10-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Reigning SB Champions deserve a cakewalk, because they had a hard schedule last year...

Yep; that's right.... :thumb:

But we DID have a pansy-azzed schedule last year; what comes around, goes around...

cadmonkey
10-06-2004, 07:35 AM
Oh whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I am crying for you guys I really am.

ROYC75
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
The new scheduling system is nothing like the old, it is determined ahead by revolving divisions.

It so happens that last year we got lucky and failed, this year the Pats are the benifactor. It's just the way it works.

Now keep in mind the way the NFL parity is, it does not mean you will get easy wins or scheduling for this / next year.

Miami was not suppose to be weak, they have been hit hard with issues. Buffalo was not suppose to be a stinker either .

Many teams appear to be good before the season starts, only to crash, injuries and off the field issues changes teams.

Indy appears to be in good shape again....There only tough games left are probally Houston , KC & Denver on the road, already beating Jax and Ten.on the road , although a divisional foe could still bite them at home.

Denver is in a dogfight for the AFC West, probally not going to be a WC team here in this division, KC must win the division after the 3 losses now.

So, NE has an inside track to the HF in the playoffs against weaker teams. What NE has to do is not get soft during this season long cakewalk..... The teams that are battle tested do perform well in the playoffs, ref: NE last year & KC ( weaker )

What NE did last year was remarkable, injuries, tough schedule to win like it did.

My intention on this thread was nothing more than .... NE has a easy way to HF in the playoffs,a win in week 1 gave them the inside track to that !

donkhater
10-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Luck of the draw. That's what results when you have two winless teams in your division and you play the two worst divisions in the league (NFC West and AFC North).

Check out the Jets' schedule. It's even easier. Instead of Indy and KC like NE drew, they get SD and Houston. If they didn't have to play NE twice, THAT team could go undefeated.

Undertaker #59
10-06-2004, 09:08 AM
There are no easy wins in this NFL. The difference between the top teams and the bottom teams isn't very much.

And its not like the Patriots blow anyone away. Every game they have to fight to win. Seahawks, Jets (twice, they are also undefeated) Rams, Chiefs, Ravens can all be very difficult games.

Gaz
10-06-2004, 09:24 AM
We had a nice schedule last season.

So it goes.

xoxo~
Gaz
Might prefer a pansy schedule right about now.

ChiTown
10-06-2004, 09:31 AM
I dunno

They have to play Seattle, Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, at STL, at KC....that aint so easy, IMO. Now, their conference doesn't look very good right now, but that's just the way it is some years. It's the NFL. No game is a given....

cadmonkey
10-06-2004, 10:03 AM
I dunno

They have to play Seattle, Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, at STL, at KC....that aint so easy, IMO. Now, their conference doesn't look very good right now, but that's just the way it is some years. It's the NFL. No game is a given....

Exacly, it's not like the AFC West was unreal last year. It was KC and Denver. SD and Oakland were a joke. Miami and Buffalo are this year