PDA

View Full Version : Did we give other teams a blueprint on how to beat the Ravens?

Ralphy Boy
10-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Kinda like in 2000 when we beat the crap out of St Louis, I think we showed the NFL how to neutralize Ray Lewis and the entire Ravens defense and I look for other teams to really try to duplicate what we did last night. Not that the Ravens won't make adjustments and granted Ray could have just had a bad game, but I do expect other teams to follow our lead and try to do what we did.

Not to mention Johnnie Morton making Chris McAlister his biatch.

Pants
10-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Kinda like in 2000 when we beat the crap out of St Louis, I think we showed the NFL how to neutralize Ray Lewis and the entire Ravens defense and I look for other teams to really try to duplicate what we did last night. Not that the Ravens won't make adjustments and granted Ray could have just had a bad game, but I do expect other teams to follow our lead and try to do what we did.

Not to mention Johnnie Morton making Chris McAlister his biatch.

Other teams don't have T-Riches and our O-Lines. Shit man, you know beerme's sig hippo doin the ass slap, well T-Rich used both of his hands when he was raping Way Way, while he was crying about getting double teamed by T-Rich (learn to count Way Lewith).

PastorMikH
10-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Other teams don't have Priest Holmes.

I hope we learned something last night too. The other team WILL be planning on shutting down Priest. That doesn't mean they will be able to so give him the ball!

Zebedee DuBois
10-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Dammit Carl! :cuss:

We shoulda got a draft pick for that blueprint!

PastorMikH
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
We shoulda got a draft pick for that blueprint!

Look at it this way. Carl just saved us the frustration and anger of knowing that he just blew another draft pick.

MichaelH
10-05-2004, 05:30 PM
ROFL :LOL:

Raiderhader
10-05-2004, 05:32 PM

I hope we learned something last night too. The other team WILL be planning on shutting down Priest. That doesn't mean they will be able to so give him the ball!

Words to play and win by.

Ralphy Boy
10-05-2004, 05:41 PM

No, but their schedule has them going against some pretty good RB's this season. Clinton Portis may not be real happy with the way he's being used right now and he has had some problems holding onto the ball lately, but he's still a top 10 back. As is Travis Henry the week after their bye and Curtis Martin a few weeks later with Brian Westbrook & a Lee Suggs / William Green combo, in between. Along with Corey Dillon, Duce Staley, Rudi Johnson, Tiki Barber & Edgerinn James down the stretch. Miami and Dallas are the worst rushing teams in the league and they'll face both of them.

Coach
10-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Keep in mind that Tennessee did this as well last year I believe. And Tennessee won.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Keep in mind that Tennessee did this as well last year I believe.

What? Started our O-line?

Coach
10-05-2004, 05:55 PM
What? Started our O-line?

No. Using the gameplan that we shut them down (Raven's Offense) and Gunther must had gave the offensive coaches an good idea on how to beat the Raven's D. After all, he was in Tennessee for 3 years.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
No. Using the gameplan that we shut them down

That's a pretty genius plan there. I wonder why no one else in the league thought to just shut down the opposing team.

FloridaChief
10-05-2004, 06:50 PM
No, but their schedule has them going against some pretty good RB's this season. Clinton Portis may not be real happy with the way he's being used right now and he has had some problems holding onto the ball lately, but he's still a top 10 back.

One thing I found interesting about Ray-Ray's post game press conference: they reminded Lewis that Priest was the 1st RB in the last 18 (I think) games to rush for 100 yds against the Ravens. They followed up with a comment about next weeks game against the Redskins and Lewis dismissed it impatiently, "Clinton Portis ain't no Priest Holmes!"...

B2chiefsfan
10-05-2004, 06:52 PM
Hopefully, the Chiefs make out a blueprint on how to beat New England and Indy.

morphius
10-05-2004, 06:59 PM
No, we really didn't come up with a plan for others to use. Heap and one of their starting WR's was out, which helped us a bit. And not many teams have our OL, much less have a Priest, and lets not forget how many great escapes and plays Trent made last night.

David.
10-05-2004, 07:00 PM
One thing I found interesting about Ray-Ray's post game press conference: they reminded Lewis that Priest was the 1st RB in the last 18 (I think) games to rush for 100 yds against the Ravens. They followed up with a comment about next weeks game against the Redskins and Lewis dismissed it impatiently, "Clinton Portis ain't no Priest Holmes!"...

he's right, the only back that compares to Priest in my mind is LT. Two best backs in the league right there.

Pants
10-05-2004, 07:04 PM
he's right, the only back that compares to Priest in my mind is LT. Two best backs in the league right there.

I'd say out of a 100, LT is 99 and Priest is 97.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't think other teams have access to LJ's diaper to put on Ray Ray

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
ROFL

Douche Baggins
10-05-2004, 07:50 PM
But....Clinton was wearing that belt? Right? ROFL

Ebolapox
10-05-2004, 09:37 PM
ROFL

we didn't do anything last night that every other team has tried to do against the ravens, except we succeeded--we outravened the ravens--we ran ball control, keeping our defense off the field and fresh, and broke one off and shoved it in their a** (vermiel style, no less)

-EB-

TEX
10-05-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't think we gave any blueprint on how to beat B-more. IMO, we just match up with them very well. Everyone knows how to beat them, however doing it, especially in their place is an entirely different matter.