PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed that Priest hasn't been getting any receptions?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Why is this?

Could Priest have told DV and AS that he doesn't want them because he wants to focus on the record...err, I mean...running the football? I know we won, but we are a better offense when Priest is getting receptions out of the backfield along with runs. Touches, not just rushes. I hope Priest didn't tell his coaches not to call those plays so he can focus on the rushing record. That would be kind of selfish of him. Putting himself before the team (whoever heard of such a thing? A pro athlete being selfish?) will hurt the team. If we win, it doesn't matter, but I think he should be getting more catches out of the backfield; screens, etc.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Yea..I think we all have noticed it.....But when he is getting like 33 carries a night..do we really need him to get any more touches than that?

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Could be. At the same time it could be that teams are just shutting down the screens by spying Priest, and to be fair the passing offense has found ways to take advantage of that the last two weeks.

Sure-Oz
10-05-2004, 07:37 PM
I think he wants to stay fresh on runs so he don't want to get involved in the passing game, he wants that 2000 yards too. I really think that we need to run those screens, they were money last year.

Demonpenz
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
we should be getting him 50 touchest a game, then if he gets hurt we can some use out of larry johnson

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 07:39 PM
I think he wants to stay fresh on runs so he don't want to get involved in the passing game, he wants that 2000 yards too. I really think that we need to run those screens, they were money last year.

Yea.....he was best in 2002...He was deadly on the screens and had some long runs......I dont think hes been as good since then.....but hes still damn good!!

BigVE
10-05-2004, 07:46 PM
I noticed it for sure, but it seems like almost every time we try to run the screen play its snuffed out by the D. I wonder if there is something that opposing defenses have found that we somehow telegraph when we are going to run a screen. As for Priest getting the ball 33 carries a game...that was the only game so far this year that he has came anywhere CLOSE to that many carries. He had games with less than 20 touches already too. The short passing game needs to be there, remember HE was always Trents relief valve.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 07:49 PM
I noticed it for sure, but it seems like almost every time we try to run the screen play its snuffed out by the D. I wonder if there is something that opposing defenses have found that we somehow telegraph when we are going to run a screen. As for Priest getting the ball 33 carries a game...that was the only game so far this year that he has came anywhere CLOSE to that many carries. He had games with less than 20 touches already too. The short passing game needs to be there, remember HE was always Trents relief valve.

Yea..but i dont think i remember them ever trying to run a screen at all last night?? Its obvious that they are trying to phase it out somehow or maybe they are wanting Blaylock to get those touches??? If Horn continues to develop it will only open our offense up even more for Kennison and Morton......Chris Horn could end up being the best thing since sliced bread.

stevieray
10-05-2004, 08:17 PM
putting himself before the team...?

like coming back 6 days later and rushing for 130 yds after beibg bent over backwards by 600 pds?

Priest Holmes is the last person on this team to question about anything, especially his contribution to the offense.

jjjayb
10-05-2004, 09:18 PM
How many times do we have to hear this? It has nothing to do with Priest putting himself before the team. If you watch the frigging games you'll still see Holmes running out and turning around to catch passes. He has always been the check down receiver. Green just hasn't been checking it down to get to him.

KingPriest2
10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
putting himself before the team...?

like coming back 6 days later and rushing for 130 yds after beibg bent over backwards by 600 pds?

Priest Holmes is the last person on this team to question about anything, especially his contribution to the offense.

Doesn't matter he can still want the record and be sefish and try to stop someone from scoring a touchdown. Also running for 130 yards he wants the record so of course he would be in the game.

CosmicPal
10-05-2004, 09:25 PM
We talked about this earlier today:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100495