PDA

View Full Version : So anyone else think that Trents throws are fluttering?

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Just an observation from last nights game...something seems to be off with his release?? I hate to be too harsh on the guy because he plays with guts and alot of heart. Hes certainly the best QB we have had around here in awhile. I just hope hes not coming down with 2002-2003 Kurt Warner disease....

Bowser
10-05-2004, 09:45 PM
That deep throw to Horn looked pretty good to me..........

KingPriest2
10-05-2004, 09:46 PM
Looks good to me.

PastorMikH
10-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Those flutters could come from forcing or even second guessing and not throwing with conviction. Let's see what happens with some Ws. I am willing to bet a little more confidence in his teammates and some momentum those passes will look a lot different.

Deberg_1990
10-05-2004, 09:47 PM
That deep throw to Horn looked pretty good to me..........

Agreed..great throw and catch...too bad it got called back.

Miles
10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Yeah i noticed that too...many of his passes didnt seem as crisp as usual and some of them were pretty wobbly. I hoping that it was just the pressure forcing him to make off balance throws. Then again i dont recall him being under that much pressure...

ChiefsFanatic
10-05-2004, 09:49 PM
It was like he could not squeeze the ball.

Coach
10-05-2004, 09:50 PM
That one where he threw, but looked liked he wanted to pull back before it slipped through his hands was probably the best thing he did, because that was an INT waiting to happen. I don't recall who was in coverage, but it was in the 4th quarter when the game was winding down.

jcl-kcfan2
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Both the throws were throws he decded not to throw and the back-end kind of "squeezed" out of his hand.

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 10:50 PM
Seemed fine to me. He's picked up his game the last two weeks big-time.

Phobia
10-05-2004, 10:52 PM
I think some of his throws look wrong. I'm not a QB coach, so I don't know what's wrong - I'm guessing something in his release.

We're not the only ones who've noticed it either - the professionals mentioned it during the telecast as well. That ball Billick challenged as tipped was just ugly - real ugly.

BIG K
10-05-2004, 11:18 PM
Seemed fine to me. He's picked up his game the last two weeks big-time.

Preparing for the Monday night game, I want to know who game planned for Trent to 'scramble"!? Trent actually looked somewhat 'mobile' out of the pocket. Who taught him that? Course then again, I was watching the game two thousand miles away. There might have been some distortion. From California, it looked like Trent conveted a couple of first downs scrambling.........Am I wrong?

tk13
10-05-2004, 11:23 PM
Preparing for the Monday night game, I want to know who game planned for Trent to 'scramble"!? Trent actually looked somewhat 'mobile' out of the pocket. Who taught him that? Course then again, I was watching the game two thousand miles away. There might have been some distortion. From California, it looked like Trent conveted a couple of first downs scrambling.........Am I wrong?
There was something a couple weeks ago I read somewhere that said that they had decidicated practice time to specifically work on scrambling situations.... maybe it was a Trent Green quote, but somebody said that they had been working on that stuff, and it appeared to really work well last night. It helps that Trent is pretty tough to bring down. I think he made some plays last night that other "non-mobile" QB's (Peyton Manning for example) wouldn't make.

Miles
10-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Elvis: I felt my pecker flutter once, like a pigeon having a heart attack

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 11:26 PM
Elvis: I felt my pecker flutter once, like a pigeon having a heart attack
ROFL

Gotta love the low percentage movie references.

milkman

I'm not sure who you've been watching the lasst couple of seasons, but Green, while not a prototypical scrambler, has shown the ability to get outside the pocket and make plays.

He's gotten more than a couple of first downs with his feet, and has gotten some by moving in the pocket and getting balls off to his receivers.

He's just shown that he's a gutsy, gritty kind of guy.

On top of all of that, he ain't afraid to get out in front of Priest a put a lick on a LB or CB in runnning plays.

ENDelt260
Was the word Elvis there originally?

Count Zarth
10-05-2004, 11:28 PM

It's from Bubba Ho-Tep.

Miles
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM

Nope. As soon as i posted it i figured many wouldnt get it and quicky changed it. Wouldnt want to mistaken for one of the seniors around here...

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 11:30 PM
It's from Bubba Ho-Tep.
Shut up, retard.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
i figured many wouldnt get it

That's why I thought it was funny. Then I saw the quoted text in my post and thought, "Did my eyes skip over that part before?"

Miles
10-05-2004, 11:32 PM
That's why I thought it was funny. Then I saw the quoted text in my post and thought, "Did my eyes skip over that part before?"

No I didnt say anything about skip.

ENDelt260
10-05-2004, 11:33 PM
No I didnt say anything about skip.
You're just testing me to see if I'm drunk, aren't you?

Otter
10-05-2004, 11:41 PM
Trent's throws never were tight spirals like Farve or Brunell throw. He looked good to me.

TEX
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
His passes might seem to flutter at times in the straight -drop-back passing game, but his Play-action passing is definately on the mark! :thumb:

Ari Chi3fs
10-06-2004, 12:11 AM
The Pass near the end of the game, that was ruled an incompletion, where he was gonna throw it to Morton, but McCallister was there, so he half ass threw it to the ground... i.e. slipped out of his hands, was a pivotal moment in the game in my estimation. If he makes that throw... McCallister trots down the gridiron to paydirt.

Green had the poise to know that and so he decided not to throw it. :thumb: probably saved the game.

KcMizzou
10-06-2004, 02:31 AM
The Pass near the end of the game, that was ruled an incompletion, where he was gonna throw it to Morton, but McCallister was there, so he half ass threw it to the ground... i.e. slipped out of his hands, was a pivotal moment in the game in my estimation. If he makes that throw... McCallister trots down the gridiron to paydirt.\ That's the way I saw it. He had an "Oh shit" moment halfway through his throwing motion. It was too late to pull the ball back, but soon enough to prevent the INT.

Ari Chi3fs
10-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Id like to hear what he had to say about that play in an interview... it would be interesting to hear his take.

ROYC75
10-06-2004, 07:38 AM
That's the way I saw it. He had an "Oh shit" moment halfway through his throwing motion. It was too late to pull the ball back, but soon enough to prevent the INT.

I posted this yesterday on a thread, I was concerned about his grip on the ball. He appeared to want to stop his throw and the ball popped out. A couple of other wounded ducks took off as well during the game.

If Uncle Arthur is starting to set up in his finger joints, he is going to continue to do this. I'm hoping it's just a couple of bad throws.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-06-2004, 07:46 AM
watching the game on the tv, we may not have seen him knocked down on an earlier play. May have numbed/twinged his hand