PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Moving VERY Fast -- Holy Crapoli

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 08:26 AM
I have no idea if this is real or not. The motorcycle in this clip has a camera that shows both the road and his spedometer. It shows him going over 200 kph (about 125 mph), and once pegging the thing at 299, which my math tells me is over 180 mph (albeit very briefly).

I find it hard to believe anyone could drive a motorcycle on THIS road at those kinds of speeds, with oncoming traffic, etc. A straight road in Utah, sure, but that's not what this dude is driving on.

Full disclaimer -- this clip is work-safe, but this web site is NOT, and you may be prevented from connection to this website as it does have nudity, etc.

Anyway, without further ado:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/wildside.html

morphius
10-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Oh, its not impossible, one of my buddies has been known to redline his big in 6th gear going through curves just about scratching his pegs...

Phobia
10-06-2004, 09:44 AM
I believe it. I believe it was incredibly stupid, but it looked pretty real to me. Some of that shadowing would have been very difficult to reproduce if it were faked - not only that, but it would have likely been an oversight.

FWIW, thanks for the site. I killed several minutes on galleries.

MOhillbilly
10-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Oh, its not impossible, one of my buddies has been known to redline his big in 6th gear going through curves just about scratching his pegs...

If he keeps it up at best he'll have a nice limp.

Radar Chief
10-06-2004, 10:04 AM
For FYI purposes.

kilometer per hour = 0.6214 x mile per hour

299 KPH = 185.8 MPH

Also know that stock speedometers are notoriously over optimistic. At that speed, expect up to 10% speedometer error.

That second gear wheelie he pulls at the beginning was kinda kewl though. :thumb:

OCChiefsFan
10-06-2004, 10:09 AM
There is no way he is pulling wheelies at 200+mph, I think the speedometer was set to kilometers not mph... That would put him in the 90-120mph range, which is very believeable.

Just my opinion..

Phobia
10-06-2004, 10:12 AM
I think the speedometer was set to kilometers not mph...

Thanks for your insight Mr. Madden.

Cochise
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
i dont see anything implausible about it.

Cochise
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your insight Mr. Madden.

What? You mean motorcycles can't go 300mph? ROFL

Amnorix
10-06-2004, 10:17 AM
I believe it. I believe it was incredibly stupid, but it looked pretty real to me. Some of that shadowing would have been very difficult to reproduce if it were faked - not only that, but it would have likely been an oversight.

FWIW, thanks for the site. I killed several minutes on galleries.

Oh yeah, great site. :-)