PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Baby Lee
03-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I liked last night's episode, too. It was cool how they played with what she whispered as she fell into paralysis. I immediately thought she said something about Paolo.
I completely missed the confusion between Paulo lies and paralyzed until later.

scorpio
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Locke: "Things don't stay buried on this island."

Chiefnj
03-29-2007, 11:29 AM
I thought it was horrible.

New characters + no character development + death = who cares.

Artz is a high school teacher yet knows each of the 800,000 plus species of insects in order to conclude he discovered 20 new ones? He's been through a plane crash yet the first things he does is build a museum for insects on the beach. The two characters nobody cares about never told anyone about a plane that might have a working radio or supplies or the hatch that might have answers about the others or the monster they discussed?

I can't wait for The Shield next week.

tomahawk kid
03-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok - I'm missing the part about Locke's dad being the realy "Sawyer".

Anyone care to fill me in?

Thig Lyfe
03-29-2007, 11:41 AM
The episode answered nothing. It didn't even hint at an answer for anything. No loose ends were touched. It was a self-contained mystery, which would have been a good episode on a different series, but on LOST they have too much to get through to screw around with new characters.

The Rick
03-29-2007, 11:48 AM
The episode answered nothing. It didn't even hint at an answer for anything. No loose ends were touched. It was a self-contained mystery, which would have been a good episode on a different series, but on LOST they have too much to get through to screw around with new characters.
I agree, it seemed to be a perfect opportunity for the writers to answer some questions using the "flashback from a different perspective" method. They showed us flashbacks from different perspectives, but didn't answer much.

Of course, by now I should have known...

ct
03-29-2007, 11:57 AM
That episode last night totally sucked. I want that hour of my life back. Next week's cat fight had better be damn hot, after this waste of an episode.

Mr. Plow
03-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree, it seemed to be a perfect opportunity for the writers to answer some questions using the "flashback from a different perspective" method. They showed us flashbacks from different perspectives, but didn't answer much.

They answer your question with 12 other questions.

cookster50
03-29-2007, 12:02 PM
That episode last night totally sucked. I want that hour of my life back. Next week's cat fight had better be damn hot, after this waste of an episode.
Speaking of hot, they just killed someone with a smokin body. Wow, those first few scenes of Expose, wowzaa.

Baby Lee
03-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Speaking of hot, they just killed someone with a smokin body. Wow, those first few scenes of Expose, wowzaa.
What was her tag line? Ha-cha!!! Judo Chop!!!

Cracked me up.

ct
03-29-2007, 12:59 PM
"Razzle Dazzle"

"You know what happens to guest stars."

ROFL

Baby Lee
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh, and the easy to miss reveal that Boone was a polesmoker.

The Rick
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Oh, and the easy to miss reveal that Boone was a polesmoker.
When was that?

beer bacon
03-29-2007, 01:47 PM

My personal favorite was when she bounced over to Arzt to ask for help.

Baby Lee
03-29-2007, 01:57 PM
When was that?
When his sister chided him at the airport for hitting on every dude in the place. [when he asked Paulo if he was using a chair].

Bearcat
03-29-2007, 09:00 PM

I knew it would be a useless episode during the first flashback.... it was a classic Lost episode. I skipped through a lot of it, but from what I watched, it was 45 minutes of crap just to get to the point where we find out what the guy was doing in the bathroom a few episodes back, followed by a good ending.

I liked the idea, but they could have flipped back and forth between what they did tonight while giving us more on the much more important storyline... you know, how the guy is going to explain to his dad, who just showed up, why he blew up a submarine after spending 100 days on an island.

They do a great job of cramming so little content into so much time.

Psyko Tek
03-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Ok - I'm missing the part about Locke's dad being the realy "Sawyer".

Anyone care to fill me in?

mostly speculation
sawyer took the name of the guy who conned his mom

but the way this show runs everything is connected

BigRedChief
03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I liked it. Karma is a bitch.

Guru
03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
That was almost exactly what I said to my wife after it ended. There is an hour of complete crap that meant nothing to the entire storyline other than , oh my god, they buried them alive. WTF

Buck
03-29-2007, 10:38 PM
That was almost exactly what I said to my wife after it ended. There is an hour of complete crap that meant nothing to the entire storyline other than , oh my god, they buried them alive. WTF

At least Nikki was ****ing hot.

Guru
03-29-2007, 10:40 PM
At least Nikki was ****ing hot.
That was the ONLY redeeming quality of that ep.

Buck
03-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Lost is still My Favorite Show ever.

Miles
03-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Not a bad episode of Tales from the Crypt.

beer bacon
03-30-2007, 01:09 AM
When his sister chided him at the airport for hitting on every dude in the place. [when he asked Paulo if he was using a chair].

It seemed to me like it was more of the usual of Shannon being a bitch. She made about 30 gay jokes when she was jealous of Boone spending all his time with Locke. If her making a gay joke in last Wednesday's episode was a reveal, then why were the many other gay jokes she made about Boone and Locke not a reveal? Sounded like a throwaway insult to me.

tomahawk kid
03-30-2007, 06:07 AM
mostly speculation
sawyer took the name of the guy who conned his mom

but the way this show runs everything is connected

Wow.

When did they mention that?

cadmonkey
03-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Wow.

Season 1

Psyko Tek
03-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Wow.

Did you know about the plane crash?

BigRedChief
03-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Did you know about the plane crash?
Babu says you are a very bad man
http://www1.chapman.edu/~hoshi103/image/seinfeld/024_babu_angry.png

tomahawk kid
03-30-2007, 08:07 AM
Season 1

Thanks.

Mile High Mania
03-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm a big fan of the show and I like the fact that there are currently 59 different things going. However, the problem I have with all these friggin backstories, interconnections and such is that you quickly forget about some of the things from the past, especially seasons 1 and 2.

Things they've seen on the island, clues... little things. It's part of the magic, but it is maddening.

Baby Lee
03-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm a big fan of the show and I like the fact that there are currently 59 different things going. However, the problem I have with all these friggin backstories, interconnections and such is that you quickly forget about some of the things from the past, especially seasons 1 and 2.

Things they've seen on the island, clues... little things. It's part of the magic, but it is maddening.
You mean like, if you go back and rewatch 'Man from Talahassee,' Locke is watching Expose in his apartment? ;)

BigRedChief
03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
You mean like, if you go back and rewatch 'Man from Talahassee,' Locke is watching Expose in his apartment? ;)
No chit? Thats pretty cool. I want to know how all these people are related? And whats the deal with the numbers?

Mile High Mania
03-30-2007, 11:11 AM
And, while Locke is watching Expose... did you notice the artwork and symbols on the border of this TV Tray?

Mr. Plow
04-04-2007, 02:59 PM
So what's going to happen tonight? How many more back stories will pop up? How many questions will be answered? How many new questions will pop up?

I need some frickin' answers.

penguinz
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I need some frickin' answers.π

The Rick
04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Can't believe nobody has commented yet on last night's episode! Here's some cool easter eggs if interested:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/search/label/Left%20Behind

Mile High Mania
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Last night was pretty wild, I'm interested to see the interaction next week with Juliette and Sayid. Last night was pretty cool...

tomahawk kid
04-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Can't believe nobody has commented yet on last night's episode! Here's some cool easter eggs if interested:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/search/label/Left%20Behind

What's the significance of the code pad deal?

ExtremeChief
04-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Not a bad episode at all. At least it is improving in the last couple of weeks.

Guru
04-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Last night was better than most. Hope they keep it that way.

ChiefsFanatic
04-12-2007, 03:42 AM

It really was. I had a feeling that Juliette was up to no good. Maybe the group's quick acceptance of her will sway her to tell Jack.

Or maybe Jack knows that Ben is up to something, and just playing dumb.

BigRedChief
04-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Yep, we know who the "others" are and why they are on the Island. How they got there. How they got current news. Gave us good reasons to hate them.
Planting another spy in the castaways? Why? They want to find out if anyone else is pregant? So they can find their cure?

oldandslow
04-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Last night's episode was very written, well paced, and answered more questions than any episode to date.

tomahawk kid
04-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Yep, we know who the "others" are and why they are on the Island. How they got there. How they got current news. Gave us good reasons to hate them.
Planting another spy in the castaways? Why? They want to find out if anyone else is pregant? So they can find their cure?

We didn't really get a good feel for who the are or why they're there, did we?

If so, I must have missed that.

I wonder why the women can't get pregnant in the Others camp, but Sun is? Guess that pretty much confirms the baby is from the bald headed hotel magnate.

Frazod
04-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Excellent episode last night - perhaps the best of the series. Lots of answers/explanations, nice twist at the end, and it was really refreshing to FINALLY hear somebody say TELL ME EVERYTHING, NOW. :mad:

Very well done. The show seems to be fully back on track now. :thumb:

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I wonder why the women can't get pregnant in the Others camp, but Sun is?
I wonder if Benry wonders the same thing. . .

Chiefnj
04-12-2007, 09:37 AM
We didn't really get a good feel for who the are or why they're there, did we?

If so, I must have missed that.

I wonder why the women can't get pregnant in the Others camp, but Sun is? Guess that pretty much confirms the baby is from the bald headed hotel magnate.

I think they do get pregnant - they end up dying though. The problem occurs at conception but Ben won't let anyone leave.

Ben said he was born on the island. Did his mom die? Is he the only surviving child?
How did Juliette become such a bad ass? She was a fertility researcher. On the island she is like Jack Bauer. Where did the secret service training come from?

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
You think that the same thing that immunizes them from cancer kills the fetuses, ie, hyper-immune leading to seeing the fetus as a foreign body.

Chiefnj
04-12-2007, 09:50 AM
You think that the same thing that immunizes them from cancer kills the fetuses, ie, hyper-immune leading to seeing the fetus as a foreign body.

The island lets some cancer through though.

Baby Lee
04-12-2007, 09:54 AM
The island lets some cancer through though.
I said tumor. . .

KCTitus
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I dont think this last episode really told us anything. Some small back history on Juliette, but aside from the fact that she staged the 'being left behind' to get to the beach was the only thing new that was revealed.

We already knew about the submarine, the link to the outside, etc...we even knew that the others were keenly interested in babies, mothers and children.

Im trying to figure out, besides that, what the 'big' answers that were revealed...nothing much.

Chiefnj
04-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I dont think this last episode really told us anything. Some small back history on Juliette, but aside from the fact that she staged the 'being left behind' to get to the beach was the only thing new that was revealed.

We already knew about the submarine, the link to the outside, etc...we even knew that the others were keenly interested in babies, mothers and children.

Im trying to figure out, besides that, what the 'big' answers that were revealed...nothing much.

Here is what I think I learned:
1. She and Ben staged being left behind.
2. The others thought ahead to rig Claire up in case they needed her to get sick.
3. You got an answer to the fertility issue - women who conceive on the island die.
4. The "others" have (or believe they have) the cure to cancer.
5. Ben apparently likes to misinform but doesn't "lie". It appears that he kept his word to Juliette about her sister (Calamity Jane).
6. Ben wasn't romantically linked to Juliette, it was the other guy.
7. All of the others know not only the backstory on the lostees, but they know intricate details (like Sawyer shooting a man in cold blood less than 24 hours before the flight home).
8. Jack confirmed the submarine blew up. There were a lot of conspiracies that Locke didn't blow it up, he just moved it.
9. Jack is a complete and utter idiot and Sayid needs to beat him with a large stick.

scorpio
04-12-2007, 11:19 AM
See, I wonder if Jack isn't playing Juliet, suspecting that she's not being upfront but trying to gain her confidence and get the answers he wants. He can't tell his fellow Losties this because then she'll know something is up by their behavior toward her.

or not, i dunno.

scorpio
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
oops.

KCTitus
04-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Here is what I think I learned:
1. She and Ben staged being left behind.
2. The others thought ahead to rig Claire up in case they needed her to get sick.
3. You got an answer to the fertility issue - women who conceive on the island die.
4. The "others" have (or believe they have) the cure to cancer.
5. Ben apparently likes to misinform but doesn't "lie". It appears that he kept his word to Juliette about her sister (Calamity Jane).
6. Ben wasn't romantically linked to Juliette, it was the other guy.
7. All of the others know not only the backstory on the lostees, but they know intricate details (like Sawyer shooting a man in cold blood less than 24 hours before the flight home).
8. Jack confirmed the submarine blew up. There were a lot of conspiracies that Locke didn't blow it up, he just moved it.
9. Jack is a complete and utter idiot and Sayid needs to beat him with a large stick.

Ok, yes the cancer issue was another thing...so 1, 2 and 4 would be the new things.

We already knew about the others interest in women with children...we learned that when Sayid met Danielle for the first time.

5 and 6 were ancillary and unimportant to the main story--at least I hope so. If those are things that hinge the story of this series together, I'll be even more disappointed.

7 we knew in the first episode of this season when Juliette recited some information about Jacks ex wife.

8 -- eh, I saw it blow up. Unless the writers needed a 'dallasesque' curveball, I wouldnt find that important.

9 is a given. For such a tough guy, he's pretty damned easy to fool.

Yes, there was a lot of 'stuff' in the episode, but I felt there was really nothing new besides the fact that Juliette and Ben have staged her being left behind to get to the beach.

noa
04-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I hope Desmond's ability to see the future in short flashes comes in handy when it comes to Juliette's plot.

Bearcat
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Excellent episode last night - perhaps the best of the series. Lots of answers/explanations, nice twist at the end, and it was really refreshing to FINALLY hear somebody say TELL ME EVERYTHING, NOW. :mad:

Very well done. The show seems to be fully back on track now. :thumb:

I thought it was a really good episode, too... probably more productive than any show since the first one. First time in weeks I really felt the flashbacks meant something.

They said the next 5 will be great, but it's probably safe to skip next week. I'm sure the writers need a week off LMAO

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Another great episode.........

Did anyone else notice the picture on the head monk's desk? If not, it was a picture of him and the old woman from the jewlery store that didn't want to sell Desmond the engagment ring.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/464744393_d805bb1a06.jpg

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 06:56 AM
and once again, GOD I LOVE KATE!!!!!!!!

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 06:57 AM
and I have a funny feeling that Desmond is going to start regretting, or stop, saving Charlie's life. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to feel that the woman in the tree would have been Penny if he let Charlie die.......that was the only thing different in the vision and it ended up changing the outcome.

Mile High Mania
04-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Yeah, great episode... and I agree that the Losties would be better off if they were to kill Jack. Maybe Des can take Jack and Charlie out on his next adventure after having a vision and he can have Jack stand just in front of Charlie.

Locke is a fool as well... Sayid and Sawyer should be running the show.

BigRedChief
04-19-2007, 07:14 AM
and once again, GOD I LOVE KATE!!!!!!!!
Freckles is the bomb. She's the hottest babe on TV. :drool:

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Freckles is the bomb. She's the hottest babe on TV. :drool:

Here you go Big Red

http://www.upshizzle.com/pthumbs/large/2485/kate5.gif

ct
04-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Another great episode.........

Did anyone else notice the picture on the head monk's desk? If not, it was a picture of him and the old woman from the jewlery store that didn't want to sell Desmond the engagment ring.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/464744393_d805bb1a06.jpg

Thanks cad, I saw the photo, but didn't 'see' it. With no recording to go back to, wasn't able to know what that photo really was. Interesting...the monk in cahoots with the jewelry psychic lady? Makin sure Desmond continues on his path, whatever that is.

Mile High Mania
04-19-2007, 08:54 AM
A lot of the "background" photos we see, like the one below always look so FAKE. There has to be a reason...

BigMeatballDave
04-19-2007, 09:51 AM
See, I wonder if Jack isn't playing Juliet, suspecting that she's not being upfront but trying to gain her confidence and get the answers he wants. He can't tell his fellow Losties this because then she'll know something is up by their behavior toward her.

or not, i dunno.This is what I think.

Mr. Plow
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
So who was the chick in the tree? How did she know Desmond?

BigMeatballDave
04-19-2007, 11:07 AM
So who was the chick in the tree? How did she know Desmond?Who knows? That is the nature of this show. They reveal one thing, then give you 5 more questions.

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
So who was the chick in the tree? How did she know Desmond?

I'd be willing to bet this........the chick in the tree was a woman that Penny sent to look for Desmond and she had the photo of Des and Penny for confermation of what Desmond looks like.

......but, BUT, Desmond is going to constantly think if he let Charlie get shot by the arrow the woman would have really been Penny herself....or maybe that will actually be the truth.

Mr. Plow
04-19-2007, 12:50 PM
How many more episodes until Charlie finally bites the big one?

keg in kc
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Great episode last night.

I really like what they introduced with the whole Desmond storyline.

BigRedChief
04-19-2007, 01:06 PM
How many more episodes until Charlie finally bites the big one?
He's Freckles boyfriend in real life. Probably don't want to piss her off by killing off the boyfriend.

cadmonkey
04-19-2007, 01:21 PM
He's Freckles boyfriend in real life. Probably don't want to piss her off by killing off the boyfriend.

I heard the writers and producers are rather annoyed with him and his constant pissing and moaning and put the whole "Charlie, you are going to die" line in there to show him he isn't untouchable and will write him off if he doesn't cut the shit.

ct
04-19-2007, 01:32 PM
I'll say again, I bet the producers/writers are none too pleased the island hottie is dating a hobbit, when they work so hard to build the alpha male smackdown over her.

Bearcat
04-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I thought last night's was pretty pointless, but I figured it would be filler after the previous week... The flashback was really slow to develop, as well as Desmond's visions, and besides the partial nudity I'm getting kind of tired of the Kate/Jack/Sawyer thing. Eh.

Guru
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I thought last night's was pretty pointless, but I figured it would be filler after the previous week... The flashback was really slow to develop, as well as Desmond's visions, and besides the partial nudity I'm getting kind of tired of the Kate/Jack/Sawyer thing. Eh.

Hell 95% of all TV shows have the triangle in it. Drama 101.

Looks like they are going for the Kate/Jack/Julia thing soon though. That will have to be more fun to imagine.

Adept Havelock
04-19-2007, 04:10 PM
I never would have figured Desmond was an OCD detective. :shrug:

Decent episode though.

BigRedChief
04-19-2007, 10:33 PM
Here you go Big Red

http://www.upshizzle.com/pthumbs/large/2485/kate5.gif
Now thats entertainment!
Where's that rep button? oooo wait a sec you are a red sox fan correct? Beat my team in the World Series a few years ago correct?

okay we will call it even but no rep for you.:rolleyes:

cadmonkey
04-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Now thats entertainment!
Where's that rep button? oooo wait a sec you are a red sox fan correct? Beat my team in the World Series a few years ago correct?

okay we will call it even but no rep for you.:rolleyes:

:)

still holding a grudge even after last year ROFL

BigRedChief
04-20-2007, 06:46 AM
:)

still holding a grudge even after last year ROFL
Hey we have a longer history than your team pal and yes we have won 10 World Championships to your what??? I can't remember....oh yeah 1.

But to get swept. Look like chit. And have it happen in our house. Noooooo I'm not still ticked off about that....:banghead:

cadmonkey
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey we have a longer history than your team pal and yes we have won 10 World Championships to your what??? I can't remember....oh yeah 1.

But to get swept. Look like chit. And have it happen in our house. Noooooo I'm not still ticked off about that....:banghead:

Well I love you Big Red, thats all that matters :p

cadmonkey
04-26-2007, 08:28 AM
I remembered this last night......for all of you that love Juliette, here is a nice girl on girl pic of her with Angelina Jolie from the movie Gia. The actual scene is pretty good.......

NSFW.......

cadmonkey
04-26-2007, 08:29 AM
I found this on another site:

Naomi speaks many languages:
"Me estoy muriendo" is Spanish for "I am dying"
"Aiutame sto morendo" is Italian for "Help me I'm dying"

When Mikhail tells Desmond that Naomi said, "Thank you," (or something along those lines), it sounds like she's speaking Brazilian Portuguese and she's saying,"Eu não estou só," which translates to "I'm not the only one," or "I'm not alone." This is possibly in conjunction with the discovery of the backpack containing the book entitled "Ardil 22" the Portuguese-language version of "Catch 22."

cadmonkey
04-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Any ideas what her tattoo might mean?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RjAkNJsh1gI/AAAAAAAAEqI/Sm2v5FHLAoY/s320/Naomi+Tattoo.jpg

BigRedChief
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I remembered this last night......for all of you that love Juliette, here is a nice girl on girl pic of her with Angelina Jolie from the movie Gia. The actual scene is pretty good.......

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?s=&postid=391173
Wheres the NSFW disclaimer dude?:mad:

cadmonkey
04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Wheres the NSFW disclaimer dude?:mad:

sorry, I forgot......i fixed it

BigOlChiefsfan
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Tonites episode? Nice choke job.

BigRedChief
05-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Best episode in awhile. People dying. We find out more secrets. Setting up a blood letting for the final 3 episodes?

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Wow. You guys should read Dante. That's what the show's been about all along, IMO.

Every character has killed someone. Care to guess where they are? Paradise? Maybe the first ring?

scorpio
05-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Wow. You guys should read Dante. That's what the show's been about all along, IMO.

Every character has killed someone. Care to guess where they are? Paradise? Maybe the first ring?

The producers have said repeatedly that they aren't dead or in limbo or anything. They re-affirmed it in an interview a couple weeks ago.

I think they're in an alternate timeline, something to do with all the freaky magnetic stuff on the island, like maybe it exists in a space/time anomaly or something.

DaneMcCloud
05-03-2007, 10:28 AM
The producers have said repeatedly that they aren't dead or in limbo or anything. They re-affirmed it in an interview a couple weeks ago.

I think they're in an alternate timeline, something to do with all the freaky magnetic stuff on the island, like maybe it exists in a space/time anomaly or something.

That's what they've said from time to time but personally, I don't buy it. I hope they come up with something "genius" but it seems to me like they're in one of Dante's rings of Hell. Not the first, because it appears that all of the Lostie's have murdered someone but certainly somewhere in Hell.

I'm probably wrong but other than the island being a massive psychological experiment in which they've all agreed to participate (but they can't remember that they've agreed), I've got nuttin'.

scorpio
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
That's what they've said from time to time but personally, I don't buy it. I hope they come up with something "genius" but it seems to me like they're in one of Dante's rings of Hell. Not the first, because it appears that all of the Lostie's have murdered someone but certainly somewhere in Hell.

I'm probably wrong but other than the island being a massive psychological experiment in which they've all agreed to participate (but they can't remember that they've agreed), I've got nuttin'.

Only a few have murdered people - Sawyer, Kate, Sayyid (probably), Charlie (and that was on the island), Anna Lucia

Baby Lee
05-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Locke disgusts me, but they'll probably have a reveal that redeems him.
Right now, he doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything, aside from his own dreams of being special. Destroying the way off the island, destroying the way to communicate with the outside world, conning Sawyer into doing a task required of him that he doesn't have the constitution to accomplish himself.
"Ah gawt mah legs back, so eff evereh bowdy else!!"

oldandslow
05-03-2007, 10:51 AM
I have heard from a fairly good source three people we know and love/hate die in the episode finale. Highlight below to read the names.

kate, ben, sayid

tomahawk kid
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I have heard from a fairly good source three people we know and love/hate die in the episode finale. Highlight below to read the names.

Did your source indicate if they're all really dead?

oldandslow
05-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Did your source indicate if they're all really dead?

Yep - ...oh and delete the names in your quote.

Baby Lee
05-03-2007, 10:58 AM
I haven't heard beyond speculation the exact persons, but I've seen pretty well confirmed a total of five [5] deaths by the finale. PapaSaw was apparently the first.

tomahawk kid
05-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Yep - ...oh and delete the names in your quote.

Well, are they?

Chiefnj
05-03-2007, 11:08 AM

Where did you read those 3 are the ones to die?

I like the Locke character. It's good to have a few oddballs that you never know will fall on one side or the other.

Sawyer's character seems to have no purpose now that he killed Sawyer.

Kate should be in lingerie every episode or there is no point having her live. She's useless and the character development is horrible.

Bearcat
05-03-2007, 11:19 AM
I like how they're tying it all together, even if there are plenty of times I think "I sort of remember that.... too bad it was 3 years and 140 useless episodes ago", like before Sawyer and Locke's dad got into the details about Sawyer's parents.

Yeah, I think it would be too obvious they are in Hell since they've come out and said it a couple of times, and it doesn't really go along with the submarine.

I think the talk about the airplane and dead passengers could easily be explained by a government cover-up, which would obviously go along with the rest of the story. Locke's dad's claim they are in Hell isn't really based on anything, since he went on to explained he was kidnapped.

I really liked the exchange with Jack and Kate... the "you have to tell her"... does a good job of confusing the trust issues.

Chiefnj
05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Why don't the castaways just move into the abandoned village? It's got houses, beds, piano's, running water, showers, a game room and a neat security system. Why sleep on the beach when there is a free hotel 6 a few miles away?

cadmonkey
05-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Why don't the castaways just move into the abandoned village? It's got houses, beds, piano's, running water, showers, a game room and a neat security system. Why sleep on the beach when there is a free hotel 6 a few miles away?

I don't think they trust the other's to the point of moving somewhere they would feel vunerable. At least on the beach they feel a small sense of security.

keg in kc
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
'Lost' set for three more years (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117964371.html?categoryid=1417&cs=1&p=0)

ABC hit expires in 2010

By JOSEF ADALIAN
Variety.com
Posted: Sun., May 6, 2007, 9:20pm PT

ABC has set a 2010 end date for hit series 'Lost,' with the drama equally dividing its final 48 episodes into three seasons.

In a potentially paradigm-shifting play, ABC has agreed to let the producers of "Lost" set an expiration date for the series -- three years in the future.

Skein will now wrap after the production of 48 additional episodes that will be divided into three, shortened 16-episode seasons. Final episode -- the show's 119th -- will air during the 2009-10 season.

In conjunction with the advance order, "Lost" showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse have inked hefty new multi-year overall deals with ABC Television Studio to continue with the series until the end. Duo had made setting a wrap date for the show a condition for staying.

Lindelof and Cuse had wanted "Lost" to end after two more seasons. They're essentially still getting their wish: The 48 episodes they'll produce over the next three years is the same number the show produced during its first two seasons.

ABC execs, however, came up with a way to keep "Lost" on its sked for three more seasons. What's more, the 16-episode arcs will run without repeats (a la "24"), allowing the Alphabet to make the show more of an event.

"In considering the powerful storytelling of 'Lost,' we felt this was the only way to give it a proper creative conclusion," ABC Entertainment prexy Steve McPherson said.

"I always said that we would allow the series to grow and give viewers the most compelling hour possible," he added. "And, due to the unique nature of the series, we knew it would require an end date to keep the integrity and strength of the show consistent throughout, and to give the audience the payoff they deserve. "

McPherson also acknowledged that getting Lindelof and Cuse to reup "was critical to me and the network."

ABC Television Studio prexy Mark Pedowitz shared that sentiment.

"We wanted to make sure we had the team responsible for its success in place for not only the run of the show, but so that each of their future series creations have a home at the studio after 'Lost,' " Pedowitz said.

J.J. Abrams, who co-created "Lost" with Lindelof, defected to Warner Bros. TV last year and has been focusing on a new slate of TV and film projects, including the revival of the "Star Trek" franchise for Paramount Pictures. He told Daily Variety that he fully supported the advance wrap decision.

"It is the right choice for the series and its viewers," he said via an email message. "It takes real foresight and guts to make a call like this. I applaud ABC and Touchstone for making this happen."

Lindelof and Cuse, who are putting the finishing touches on the third-season finale, released a joint statement praising what they termed "a bold and unprecedented move for ABC" and thanking McPherson and Pedowitz for making it.

Cuse added that he hoped more shows will be able to follow the "Lost" lead and declare an end date.

"I think for story-based shows like 'Lost,' as opposed to franchise-based shows like 'ER' or 'CSI,' the audience wants to know when the story is going to be over," Cuse wrote. "When J.K. Rowling announced that there would be seven 'Harry Potter' books, it gave the readers a clear sense of exactly what their investment would be. We want our audience to do the same."

Cuse confirmed that devising an exit strategy for "Lost" was key to reupping with ABC Television Studio.

"In making this deal, Damon and I had two priorities: defining an end point for the show and keeping the quality bar high," Cuse said. "To do that we are both fully committed to the day-to-day running of the show right up until the very end. It's also why the 16 episodes per year was key for us. Because our show is so mythological, and because, unlike '24,' we can't reset each season, we need the extra time fewer episodes affords us to really plan out the specifics of our storytelling."

Lindelof and Cuse made public their desire for an end date during the TV Critics Assn. press tour last winter (Daily Variety, Jan. 15).

Cuse and Lindelof also wanted an end date in order to mollify critics of the show who worried producers were simply spinning their wheels as they worked through the show's layer upon layer of mystery.

ABC execs had already been talking to the producers about the idea, but they seemed taken aback when Lindelof and Cuse made the conversations public.

Indeed, it would be understandable if ABC execs had been initially cool to the concept of an early end date.

After all, with major hits a rarity in the network game, the rule is to keep hits on the air until every last ounce of success has been squeezed from them (e.g., "ER" or "The X-Files").

And despite relentless media snarking this season -- and the fact that "Lost" has lost a chunk of its fall 2005 audience -- the series is still a top-15 hit that dominates its 10 p.m. Wednesday timeslot in key demos.

In its third season, it's still drawing as many young viewers as NBC's newer, more buzzed-about "Heroes" -- and that's not counting the roughly 2.1 million viewers who watch the show after its live broadcast or via free streaming on ABC.com.

ABC could be establishing a new formula by which nets find success through serving up skeins with more and more audacious concepts but shorter lifespans than the traditional network hit.

Already, the traditional syndie business model -- the one that required studios to produce 100 episodes of a show in order to recoup their investment -- seems to be fading away in an age of instant downloads and universal streaming.

That may be one reason, according to Lindelof, that McPherson and Pedowitz "never argued that the show should keep going and going. The issue has always been when it would end and how far out in front of that ending should we herald it."

Now that the end has been announced, Lindelof promised there would be no attempts to extend or continue the "Lost" mythology on air in some other way.

"There will be no extensions or enhancements. That number (48) is absolute," he said. And "once you begin to see where we're going, I think the idea of sequels and spinoffs will completely go away."

So if he, Cuse or Abrams suddenly come up with a killer plot thread that doesn't fit into the new timeline?

"We'll do it as a radio play," Lindelof quipped.

As for "Lost," show's end game is expected to kick into high gear later this month with the broadcast of the season finale. Details of the plot are under wraps, but a person who has read the script described it as a major shakeup to the plot.

"It changes everything," the person said.

Nothing's official yet, but ABC has all but said that the fourth season of "Lost" won't premiere until January or February of next year.

Guru
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
16 eps a year? What a let down when you are used to a series having at least 22.

Glad they came up with an actual end date though. That is a brilliant idea.

DaneMcCloud
05-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Actually, it's ABC's and the more importantly, the advertisers who gain from this "unique" strategy. Instead of two "normal" 24 episode seasons, ABC has decided to stretch two seasons into three. The same amount of episodes are delivered but they're split into three different seasons.

It'll be interesting to see if this actually comes to fruition. If "Season Four" is unsuccessful in the ratings (and the show has already slipped substantially), look for ABC to air sixteen episodes next winter/spring, then sixteen more in the fall. They'd wrap up in May 2009 that way and I suspect that's exactly what will happen.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Tonights early asswhipping of 'one eyed jagov' brought to you by Locke (and Load.)

Bearcat
05-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Damn... I thought Ben and Locke would open the door and see Jacob, the big black cloud of smoke, watching the Simpsons.

irishjayhawk
05-09-2007, 09:01 PM
This show keeps getting more and more ridiculous. It's barely keeping me intrigued.

Ari Chi3fs
05-09-2007, 09:10 PM
so at least we know what happened to the Dharma Initiative.

BigRedChief
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
This show keeps getting more and more ridiculous. It's barely keeping me intrigued.
Where have you been? This show is about suspending belief in science and logic and embracing the spiritial, welllll at least Jacob :p

Guru
05-09-2007, 09:50 PM
I actually liked this ep. I don't mind backstory when it directly involves the history of the island.

Also, did anybody else briefly glimpse someone in the room other than Locke and Ben when Jacob had his fit?

greg63
05-09-2007, 09:53 PM
I actually liked this ep. I don't mind backstory when it directly involves the history of the island.

Also, did anybody else briefly glimpse someone in the room other than Locke and Ben when Jacob had his fit?

Paris Hilton??? :shrug:

Chan93lx50
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM

Yep I saw him!

That was just weird................

Guru
05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I need to find those Lost spoiler links and see if anyone has a still of that frame.

Guru
05-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Bingo.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html

Cover up the hair in the big pic. Look like anyone you know?

ChiefFan31
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Bingo.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/2007/05/11-frames-of-jacob.html

Cover up the hair in the big pic. Look like anyone you know?

Jacob is the Big Lebowski??

The character from the movie Mask?

That nose is Owen Wilson, maybe Jacob is the butterscotch warrior?

Guru
05-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Jacob is the Big Lebowski??

The character from the movie Mask?

That nose is Owen Wilson, maybe Jacob is the butterscotch warrior?
Look again. That is Locke.

Bearcat
05-10-2007, 05:50 AM
I thought they were going somewhere good last week, but I was disappointed this week. To think Jacob could be Ben's mother, Walt, and all the other ghosts on the island.... we could literally have a Figment of Your Imagination on the island.

tomahawk kid
05-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Yep.

Too bad he's dead now.

BigRedChief
05-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Yep.

Too bad he's dead now.
No way Locke is dead. He's central to everything happening on the island. It's just a gunshot to the gut. If Tony Soprano can survive one so can Locke on a mystical island.

cadmonkey
05-10-2007, 07:12 AM

I did, and thank good for TiVo. I rewound it and looked at it better, the guy in the room had a beard and long hair....kind looked like Jesus.

Wrasse
05-10-2007, 07:18 AM
No way Locke is dead. He's central to everything happening on the island. It's just a gunshot to the gut. If Tony Soprano can survive one so can Locke on a mystical island.
Yea, if Locke is dead, I'm out.

Locke finally stops feeling sorry for himself and starts kicking some ass and now he's dead...no way.

Then again, dumber things have occurred.

wazu
05-10-2007, 07:39 AM

I don't think it looks like him at all.

wazu
05-10-2007, 07:43 AM
BTW - I don't think Locke is dead, either. Although it will probably be a few episodes before we see him again. He is way too important of a character to go out in such unspectacular fashion.

This series has renewed my interest since announcing their end-game. It restores the integrity of the show to know that they aren't trying to drag it out infinitely.

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2007, 08:52 AM
I looked at it again, and it looks like Mickey Rooney.

cadmonkey
05-10-2007, 09:30 AM

Perhaps not. This shot of someone's eye was in the scene with "jacob" but its not that of Ben or Locke......maybe Jacob is really someone else

http://bp1.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RkM125sh7AI/AAAAAAAAFWM/Qg-G1BTlwXA/s400/eye.jpg

irishjayhawk
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Where have you been? This show is about suspending belief in science and logic and embracing the spiritial, welllll at least Jacob :p

Oh, I agree. :)

However, LOST lost it's magic with the middle of the Second season. First season was awesome, Second alright and third has been off and on - sometimes regaining the magic and sometimes not.

Leading theory right now is that they're all dead or in purgatory. If that's true, we should all shoot every producer and writer.

cadmonkey
05-10-2007, 09:51 AM
Leading theory right now is that they're all dead or in purgatory. If that's true, we should all shoot every producer and writer.

Every writer and producer has said that they are NOT dead or in purgatory.

irishjayhawk
05-10-2007, 09:55 AM

:) :BLVD: :clap: :toast:

Thanks. That's reassuring.

BigRedChief
05-10-2007, 11:01 AM
But finding their bodies in a plane in another part of the world?
Only explanation is some kind of time travel, warp in time/space continum etc.

Bearcat
05-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Government cover-up.

cadmonkey
05-10-2007, 12:17 PM
ok, here is a clearer picture of Jacob........might be Locke, but might be Dennis Hopper

http://bp2.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RkNXJJsh7FI/AAAAAAAAFW0/g8RoRELGoik/s400/jacob2.jpg

tomahawk kid
05-10-2007, 12:27 PM
ok, here is a clearer picture of Jacob........might be Locke, but might be Dennis Hopper

http://bp2.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RkNXJJsh7FI/AAAAAAAAFW0/g8RoRELGoik/s400/jacob2.jpg

Alvar Hanso?

Deberg_1990
05-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh, I agree. :)

However, LOST lost it's magic with the middle of the Second season. First season was awesome, Second alright and third has been off and on - sometimes regaining the magic and sometimes not.

Agreed.....i loved the show the first season...i even started this thread. They lost me halfway through the 2nd season, and i havent even watched any of the 3rd.

I just got tired of all the dead ends and the show going nowhere. Its very well made though.

noa
05-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm surprised no one has made an Uncle Rico comment yet. I thought he was pretty good as Ben's father.

Did anyone else think it was weird that it looks like Richard was the same age when he first met Ben in the jungle as he does in present time? The only difference is that his hair was longer in the beginning.

The Rick
05-10-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm surprised no one has made an Uncle Rico comment yet. I thought he was pretty good as Ben's father.

Did anyone else think it was weird that it looks like Richard was the same age when he first met Ben in the jungle as he does in present time? The only difference is that his hair was longer in the beginning.
YES! Thank you for bringing this up. I thought that too. Just kept forgetting to post it.

It was very weird. I wonder if it was deliberate...

Tatertot13
05-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Looks just like Dennis Hopper

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2007, 01:49 PM
YES! Thank you for bringing this up. I thought that too. Just kept forgetting to post it.

It was very weird. I wonder if it was deliberate...

That's what I thought- they aged Ben's father, so I think this is done on purpose and he clearly has a bigger say on things that is let on. He was the one that basically recruited Ben, led the gassing of the Dharma compound, recruited Julieanne, and when Locke wouldn't step up to the plate handed him over Sawyer's info to get the wheels in motion of killing his dad. The clearly has a deeper role in the whole island business, and while he groomed Ben before, he also is doing the same hands off with Locke.

Adept Havelock
05-10-2007, 03:51 PM

Or the Hanso Foundation (or whomever is reponsible for the supply airdrops) staged it. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult, as the plane was found "4 miles deep in the ocean". Crash a plane, tell everyone you found bodies...

Alvar Hanso?

Possible, but according to "The Lost Experience" Hanso is under house arrest in Norway, kept there by members of the foundation who are now taking orders from Dr. Mittlewerk.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Experience

Mile High Mania
05-10-2007, 05:24 PM
It's kinda frustrating how things are "forgotten" in the story lines... you don't hear much about Hanso anymore. You don't hear about "the numbers" anymore (granted, they're not punching the buttons any longer), but they went so far to show the numbers everywhere a while back.

There are a few others... it just seems they get focused on the next set of mysteries and the ones prior are forgotten.

I liked that they brought back the whispers.

I love the show though, don't get me wrong.

Anyong Bluth
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I think it's just gonna be a David Lynch path towards the end, where nothing seems to really add up, but hopefully the writers go back and rewatch the entire series as they prep for the final shows and you'll get a last group of episodes that will pull back mystery one after another. At least they know when they are done to a fair degree. In the mean time, I still love watching it, and the people that have tuned out I think just don't have the patience / acumen, or maybe its just not their cup of tea. I'll take it- but then again I love Lost Highway, which many people do not or just sit there kinda bewildered by.

Guru
05-10-2007, 05:54 PM

I bet that bullet lodged where a kidney used to be too.

DMAC
05-10-2007, 07:32 PM
but might be Dennis Hopper

I think you mean Anthony Hopkins.

Adept Havelock
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I think you mean Anthony Perkins.

FYP.

Yeah, the homage to Psycho was pretty good.

Mile High Mania
05-10-2007, 07:37 PM
IIRC, the show is signed up for another 3 seasons through 2010 and that is supposed to be "it". We'll see if that happens.

Locke can't be dead and I know some of the rumors point to the likes of Sayid and Kate being killed at the end of this season. If that happens to one or both... hell, they're going to destroy the show.

Sawyer won't be killed b/c the ladies (huge demo) love him. Personally, I could get along fine if Jack died... but, that won't happen.

My hot sports predictions on those that die (they said 5 I believe would die, a few big characters and a could of spares)... Charlie (obvious), Hurley, Russeau, Rose's husband, and ... maybe Jin.

Adept Havelock
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
IIRC, the show is signed up for another 3 seasons through 2010 and that is supposed to be "it". We'll see if that happens.

Locke can't be dead and I know some of the rumors point to the likes of Sayid and Kate being killed at the end of this season. If that happens to one or both... hell, they're going to destroy the show.

Sawyer won't be killed b/c the ladies (huge demo) love him. Personally, I could get along fine if Jack died... but, that won't happen.

My hot sports predictions on those that die (they said 5 I believe would die, a few big characters and a could of spares)... Charlie (obvious), Hurley, Russeau, Rose's husband, and ... maybe Jin.

I think we've already seen two. Locke's dad...and Locke.

Two down, three to go.

I'll be amazed if Charlie or Desmond survive.

Mile High Mania
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, Locke isn't dead... they've been billing a showdown for the finale b/t Locke and Jack. So, the island's going to heal our boy, John.

Adept Havelock
05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, Locke isn't dead... they've been billing a showdown for the finale b/t Locke and Jack. So, the island's going to heal our boy, John.

Hmm. Didn't expect to see him so soon, but I figured they wouldn't kill off a character with that much potential for stirring up sh**.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-10-2007, 09:46 PM
I think Locke's going to open a big old can of whoopass on Ben as soon as the island heals him up again.

Baby Lee
05-11-2007, 08:22 AM
I think it's just gonna be a David Lynch path towards the end, where nothing seems to really add up, but hopefully the writers go back and rewatch the entire series as they prep for the final shows and you'll get a last group of episodes that will pull back mystery one after another. At least they know when they are done to a fair degree. In the mean time, I still love watching it, and the people that have tuned out I think just don't have the patience / acumen, or maybe its just not their cup of tea. I'll take it- but then again I love Lost Highway, which many people do not or just sit there kinda bewildered by.
You had me 'til Lost Highway, thought you were gonna say Mullholland Drive.

BigRedChief
05-11-2007, 08:53 AM
I think Locke's going to open a big old can of whoopass on Ben as soon as the island heals him up again.
just like Ben told him. There just came a point in which the two groups couldn't co-exist and something had to be done. Locke is going to come back and lead the charge to wipe out the "others".

cadmonkey
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Ok, here are some things I noticed from last night’s episode……

The chick that Charlie saved from being mugged was Syiad’s old girlfriend from Iraq
http://bp0.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/RkvAk2noelI/AAAAAAAAAEw/fSifhCpbwWg/s400/Nadia.JPG

but who was the mugger? was this guy in Charile's band? Maybe that is why the guy ran off and tossed the bag back to charlie.....because he was embarrassed.
http://bp3.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/RkvQomnoeoI/AAAAAAAAAFM/uMvllUpoEJo/s400/robber.JPG

cadmonkey
05-17-2007, 08:19 AM
something else I noticed. When Charlie was playing the guitar on the sidewalk and it started raining, it was the same thing that happened when Desmond ran into Charlie durring one of Desmond's flashbacks.

but he is wearing different clothes. Maybe a mistake when they were filming or two seperate times all together

keg in kc
05-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Next week's going to be awesome.

Heroes season finale, Veronica Mars series finale ( :( ), Lost season finale.

Hell, tonight's going to be great. Office season finale followed by Supernatural finale.

The Rick
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
something else I noticed. When Charlie was playing the guitar on the sidewalk and it started raining, it was the same thing that happened when Desmond ran into Charlie durring one of Desmond's flashbacks.

but he is wearing different clothes. Maybe a mistake when they were filming or two seperate times all together
I thought there was something strange about that too. Basically, Desmond wasn't a part of this recent one at all so I don't think it was an accident. Maybe it means that Desmond is going to be wrong about Charlie dying this time?

Chiefnj
05-17-2007, 08:52 AM
If you go to the darkufo site they had the spoilers up for last night's episode and the finale next week.

If you don't want to wait you can read all about next weeks episode. It's a big twist. Some will love it and some will hate it and stop watching.

Stryker
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I thought there was something strange about that too. Basically, Desmond wasn't a part of this recent one at all so I don't think it was an accident. Maybe it means that Desmond is going to be wrong about Charlie dying this time?

I agree. I think that Desmond is going to come to and go down to the looking glass after Charlie. Desmond will end up being killed and Charlie will survive.

Mr. Plow
05-17-2007, 10:25 AM
If you go to the darkufo site they had the spoilers up for last night's episode and the finale next week.

If you don't want to wait you can read all about next weeks episode. It's a big twist. Some will love it and some will hate it and stop watching.

I don't want to know what happens next week.......but then again, I do. Damn, I can't decide whether or not to go look at it.

keg in kc
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't want to know what happens next week.......but then again, I do. Damn, I can't decide whether or not to go look at it.I feel pretty good about avoiding spoilers now. I used to read every one I could get my hands on, but I'm back to enjoying as many "oh shit" moments as I can when shows air.

Baby Lee
05-23-2007, 12:39 PM
http://ack-attack.livejournal.com/370261.html

Should get you up to speed. ROFL

Bearcat
05-23-2007, 03:19 PM
http://ack-attack.livejournal.com/370261.html

Should get you up to speed. ROFL

LMAO ...searching "Lost parody" gets some good results on youtube.

Guru
05-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I feel pretty good about avoiding spoilers now. I used to read every one I could get my hands on, but I'm back to enjoying as many "oh shit" moments as I can when shows air.
Lost has completely lost me on the "oh shit" moments. I look at the spoilers to see if it will be worth watching.

This week...... worth watching.

KcMizzou
05-23-2007, 06:13 PM
There's a nice one hour special on now called Lost : The Answers.

Great for catching up. At least for people like me who quit watching.

Buck
05-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I cant wait.

KcMizzou
05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Damn... that was sweet.

shrek6849
05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Honestly, anyone predict that we were seeing flash FORWARDS? I had read the spoilers so I cheated.

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2007, 09:12 PM
WTF? This sucks knowing that our hero of the show is a pussy in the future.

Marco Polo
05-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow that is sad.

dilligaf
05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
If that was the future, than why did Jack tell the other doctor to go and get his Dad from upstairs and see if he was more drunk? His Dad has been dead for a while. :hmmm:

That's the part that threw me.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Those flash forwards were interesting. Wonder who was in the coffin?

noa
05-23-2007, 10:38 PM
If that was the future, than why did Jack tell the other doctor to go and get his Dad from upstairs and see if he was more drunk? His Dad has been dead for a while. :hmmm:

That's exactly what I thought. Either there's more to it, or Jack is just a dumb drunk.

dr00d
05-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Those flash forwards were interesting. Wonder who was in the coffin?

or who "he" is...sawyer? surely not....

noa
05-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, if anything, I thought Sawyer is in the coffin because no one went to the funeral, but Jack expected Kate might show. Fits Sawyer's profile.

So if Sawyer is in the coffin, who would Kate choose over Jack?

dr00d
05-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, if anything, I thought Sawyer is in the coffin because no one went to the funeral, but Jack expected Kate might show. Fits Sawyer's profile.

So if Sawyer is in the coffin, who would Kate choose over Jack?

I was actually thinking it might be Ben. Spin that one :) It's a crazy thought, but considering Jack was all about getting back to the island...you never know.

BigRedChief
05-23-2007, 11:01 PM

That's the part that threw me.I immediately thought that too. So obviously the writers thought that would be the first thought in the publics minds. Why put it there? A parrell universe? The space time contium has been broken? :hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
05-23-2007, 11:07 PM
I was actually thinking it might be Ben. Spin that one :) It's a crazy thought, but considering Jack was all about getting back to the island...you never know.

I kind of thought it might be Ben also... forced to leave the island.

Maybe these people on the boat ARE sinister... but who knows?

The mom and daughter meeting was somewhat anticlimatic.

Thig Lyfe
05-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Holy crap on mom's shoes... a flash forward!

This is the first I've watched in a while, but this is crazy, and kind of in a good way. I'm intrigued about next season all of a sudden.

And I think the reference to his dad is a bit of drunken delusion.

beer bacon
05-23-2007, 11:30 PM
What a fantastic finale. The only bad part is now we have to wait nine months to find out what the hell is going on :(

irishjayhawk
05-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Man, I'm proud of myself. I was talking to a fellow LOST fan and told him it was the future. The beard just sold me, I don't know why.

I have to say, after a wavering 3rd season, LOST is back to true form.

Thig Lyfe
05-23-2007, 11:36 PM
I watched religiously season one and halfway through season two... then I started to falter a bit but still kept up.

This season I wasn't able to survive the ultra-long hiatus and only watched sporadically.

Next season, though, I might have to catch up again.

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
WTF is up with Walt?

Mile High Mania
05-23-2007, 11:42 PM
You'll drive yourself insane trying to figure this crap out... I do like going to the various LOST sites though. There are some hardcore fans of the show...

Thig Lyfe
05-23-2007, 11:43 PM
WTF is up with Walt?

They've only been on the island for a few month, but the kid playing Walt is at that stage were growth is fast and noticeable. They coudn't keep him onscreen consistently with that happening, and this way they can write in an explanation for why he looks older.

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:45 PM
They've only been on the island for a few month, but the kid playing Walt is at that stage were growth is fast and noticeable. They coudn't keep him onscreen consistently with that happening, and this way they can write in an explanation for why he looks older.

I thought it was a completely different character....

Fruit Ninja
05-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Jack rocking out to Scentless Apprentice FTW.

irishjayhawk
05-23-2007, 11:48 PM
So I have a theory but I don't know if it's been mentioned:

The girl who crashed with her son. I'm thinking it may be Claire and her son. And that's why he wanted the surgery. And we know Kate and Sawyer are back too. I'm thinking that's why she crashed, because she knew it was Jack.

Fish
05-23-2007, 11:51 PM
So I have a theory but I don't know if it's been mentioned:

The girl who crashed with her son. I'm thinking it may be Claire and her son. And that's why he wanted the surgery. And we know Kate and Sawyer are back too. I'm thinking that's why she crashed, because she knew it was Jack.

I think she would have told the doctors that she knew Jack when she gave her very detailed description of the crash...

irishjayhawk
05-23-2007, 11:54 PM
I think she would have told the doctors that she knew Jack when she gave her very detailed description of the crash...

Perhaps, but I don't think it negates the theory. It just means she didn't fully see him. Still could be the "coincidence"

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 12:16 AM
RIP Charlie! i wanted him to Nail the Blonde headed broad a few times at least.

Fish
05-24-2007, 12:24 AM
RIP Charlie! i wanted him to Nail the Blonde headed broad a few times at least.

:toast:

shrek6849
05-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm starting to think they are in some alternate timeline, and weren't meant to come back to the "real" world.

If the woman in the hospital was in fact Claire, then it appears the "real" world could be trying to rid of them. She nearly died, Jack is an f'n mess, someone Jack knew is dead?

BigMeatballDave
05-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Well, only 48 more episodes to sort all this out. The finale rocked.

Anyong Bluth
05-24-2007, 05:16 AM
LOVED the Finale. I'm wondering if there weren't parts of flashback and forward in the Jack scene's? The Nirvana song, his ex wife being preggers, ref to his dad, all point to flashbacks, but obviously there are the scenes with Kate and have to go back. Did anyone else think they made him look bloated or out of shape in those scenes?

Charlie dying was only annoying b/c they could have had plenty of time to both catch their breath and swim out and chances are find a tank before they would have drown.

Silock
05-24-2007, 05:54 AM
I'm definitely on the "This season finale sucked" bandwagon, mostly because there's no way that wasn't an alternate timeline in the future. If it WASN'T an alternate timeline, then the writers have to write something horribly convoluted and ENTIRELY out of the realm of feasibility for it to come true. Kate would have been arrested, Jack's dad is DEAD, and probably Locke ended up in the casket.

And part of it was the way Charlie died. I just don't get it. His "death" was entirely needless. Why not just open the door after the explosion? That made NO sense whatsoever -- unless Charlie isn't actually going to die. My theory is that, somehow, he'll pull a Mikhail and come back to life. And Desmond didn't hear Mikhail get up and grab a grenade? Bullshit.

Oh well. I won't really speculate too much about next season, but that finale really sucked for me.

Tatertot13
05-24-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm definitely on the "This season finale sucked" bandwagon, mostly because there's no way that wasn't an alternate timeline in the future. If it WASN'T an alternate timeline, then the writers have to write something horribly convoluted and ENTIRELY out of the realm of feasibility for it to come true. Kate would have been arrested, Jack's dad is DEAD, and probably Locke ended up in the casket.

And part of it was the way Charlie died. I just don't get it. His "death" was entirely needless. Why not just open the door after the explosion? That made NO sense whatsoever -- unless Charlie isn't actually going to die. My theory is that, somehow, he'll pull a Mikhail and come back to life. And Desmond didn't hear Mikhail get up and grab a grenade? Bullshit.

Oh well. I won't really speculate too much about next season, but that finale really sucked for me.

I don't think the finale sucked, but I did question why Charlie didn't open the door after the grenade went off. Also looked like the window that Mikhail blew out would have been big enough to swim through.

cadmonkey
05-24-2007, 06:30 AM

I think he was just making a point that his father used to be waaaaaaay more of a drunk then he was, but because he was dead there was nothing they could do about it.

cadmonkey
05-24-2007, 06:35 AM
LOVED the Finale. I'm wondering if there weren't parts of flashback and forward in the Jack scene's? The Nirvana song, his ex wife being preggers, ref to his dad, all point to flashbacks, but obviously there are the scenes with Kate and have to go back. Did anyone else think they made him look bloated or out of shape in those scenes?

Charlie dying was only annoying b/c they could have had plenty of time to both catch their breath and swim out and chances are find a tank before they would have drown.

I though the same thing, or he could have fit out of the window the blew in. But I think charlie knew he HAD TO DIE in order for them to get off the island. He sacrafised his own life to save everyone else.

KevB
05-24-2007, 07:38 AM
I though the same thing, or he could have fit out of the window the blew in. But I think charlie knew he HAD TO DIE in order for them to get off the island. He sacrafised his own life to save everyone else.

Charlie was resigned to the fact that dying at that point was his destiny. The fact that a musician was needed to break the code was the final straw for him I believe. He gave Desmond a look of clarity.....he really believed that was what he was meant to do there.

cadmonkey
05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Ok, here is the article that Jack was reading. It appears to say "The body of Jo..........." which would mean John Locke?

But of course it could be any character with a "J" name, James (Sawyer), Juliet, John Locke, Jacob.......but the "...antham" kind throws me off. There was a philosopher named Jeremy Bentham. Not anyone in the show yet, but it is a philosopher's name...

bloomer88

Exactly, he was convinced that he had to die in order for Claire, her baby, and the other survivors, to be rescued. Remember, Desmond kept telling him, every time he saved Charlie from dying, it was just going to take that much longer for them to get rescued. That it was his destiny and he had to die, for a sequence of events to happen.

I said the same thing about the window. He could have just waited for all the water to rush in, and then swim out the hole, but he was dead set on dying, to sacrifice himself, for the other survivors.

cadmonkey
The coffin is a bit short to be a full grown man. Maybe Locke, when he came back had to lose his legs and have them amputated?

cadmonkey
05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Also, I found this........."Hoffs Drawlar" is an anagram for "Flash Forward"

Chiefnj
05-24-2007, 07:53 AM
The coffin is a bit short to be a full grown man. Maybe Locke, when he came back had to lose his legs and have them amputated?

I thought it was undersized as well and thought possibly Walt.

dilligaf
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
With Charlie dead, maybe now we won't have to listen to that stupid song next season. :clap:

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
All sorts of screencaps, etc can be found here ---> http://lostforum.blogspot.com/

Kclee
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Did anyone else notice that when the group (lead by Jack) was first taking off from the beach to go to the tower that they went off walking with the ocean to their right then it went to comercial. Then as soon as it gets back, they are shown walking down the beach, but with the ocean on their left. WTF?

Dartgod
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
All sorts of screencaps, etc can be found here ---> http://lostforum.blogspot.com/
Here's another good site with TONS of screencaps.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/index-39.html

noa
05-24-2007, 10:40 AM
How come on the island, Jack's stubble is gray, but in the flash forward, his beard is fully brown?

cadmonkey
05-24-2007, 10:50 AM
How come on the island, Jack's stubble is gray, but in the flash forward, his beard is fully brown?

Its called "Just For Men"

BigRedChief
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Here's another good site with TONS of screencaps.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/index-39.html
So has anyone figured out who it is in the box? What the obit says?

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Ok, its a day after, and RIP Charlie again. Although i wanted him to bang Claire a few times. She's hawt, and with her accent. mmmmm.

And again Jack rocking out to Scentless Apprentice was just $$$$.

noa
05-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Its called "Just For Men"

Considering how much he had let himself go, I doubt he would be concerned about dying his beard. I don't have any alternate explanation. I just thought it was weird, and I also thought Kate didn't look like she had aged a day since the island.

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Considering how much he had let himself go, I doubt he would be concerned about dying his beard. I don't have any alternate explanation. I just thought it was weird, and I also thought Kate didn't look like she had aged a day since the island.
We also dont know how far ahead that flashback is. At least i dont think. I believe they have only been on the island for what 3-4 months? If this is the going rate, they would have only been on the island a total of less then a year by the time its all over with.

I dont get into screenshotting and trying to figure out the future when its not even written by the writers yet.

Mile High Mania
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM

Supposedly the date on the paper that Jack was given on the plane... was April 2007. They crashed in 2004... I haven't seen the screecap yet and doubt the producers screwed that up, but if true then it's only been 3 years.

No idea about the beard color, but maybe underneath the grizzly adams/jim morrison look he had the gray.

BigRedChief
05-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I dont get into screenshotting and trying to figure out the future when its not even written by the writers yet.
You don't get that humans love to try to solve mystery's?

Fruit Ninja
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
You don't get that humans love to try to solve mystery's?
Oh i get it. I just dont try to get into that part. I let everyone else do the research on it while i play me some MLB2k7 on my 360.

btw. I know Lost got weak during the begging of season3, but my god they came back to be the best show on tv.

MOhillbilly
05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
lastnights show was a hoot. but i dont believe john would have been able to crawl out of a hole after being gutshot.

Adept Havelock
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Interesting theory came up today BS'ing about the finale.

Could the ship belong to "Dharma", who are coming to get their island back? Not much else would scare Ben like that, IMO.

Perhaps next year opens with Dharma Helo Gunships strafing "The Others" to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyries" played on a Sitar. Oh, and "Namaste, MF'rs" displayed on the Helicopters rocket pods. :D

As for Jacks father? We were thinking the island is a nexus between two parallel universes. In one, Oceanic Flight 815 crashed in the ocean, in the other, on the Island. That might also account for Oceanic still being in business in the flash-forward, while "The Lost Experience" (considered canon source) stated Oceanic went out of business. Perhaps the survivors "passed through" during the "event" when the Hatch imploded.

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Interesting theory came up today BS'ing about the finale.

Could the ship belong to "Dharma", who are coming to get their island back? Not much else would scare Ben like that, IMO.

Perhaps next year opens with Dharma Helo Gunships strafing "The Others" to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyries" played on a Sitar. Oh, and "Namaste, MF'rs" displayed on the Helo's rocket pods. :D

Dharma or a company related to Dharma was still dropping food onto the island in season two. I think whoever is behind the freighter is somebody like Penelope Widmore's father, who seems to be related to Dharma, but on the outside looking in. He could have been looking for the location of the island for years.

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
lastnights show was a hoot. but i dont believe john would have been able to crawl out of a hole after being gutshot.

Part of the whole magic thing. Lots of people survive or heal in miraculous ways on the island.

Adept Havelock
05-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Dharma or a company related to Dharma was still dropping food onto the island in season two. I think whoever is behind the freighter is somebody like Penelope Widmore's father, who seems to be related to Dharma, but on the outside looking in. He could have been looking for the location of the island for years.

You may be right. The Others also have a tie to Dharma, aside from "the purge". The medical organization that recruited Juliet Burke was "Mittelos Bioscience", represented by Ethan and the ageless Richard. Mittelos Bioscience is run by Dr. Thomas Mittlewerk, who figured prominently in the Hanso Foundation but went rogue with his plan to wipe out rougly 1/3 of the human race in an attempt to change the Valanzetti equation.

The Sri Lanka video:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-eHEYswgK8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-eHEYswgK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

KcMizzou
05-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I tought this was an interesting little easter egg. Hope it hasn't been mentioned yet.

"The funeral parlor was called HOFFS/DRAWLAR. This is an anagram. Rearrange the letters. FLASH FORWARD can be spelled."

beer bacon
05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
You may be right. The Others also have a tie to Dharma, aside from "the purge". The medical organization that recruited Juliet Burke was "Mittelos Bioscience", represented by Ethan and the ageless Richard. Mittelos Bioscience is run by Dr. Thomas Mittlewerk, who figured prominently in the Dharma project but went rogue with his plan to wipe out rougly 1/3 of the human race in an attempt to change the Valanzetti equation, putting Alvar Hanso under house arrest.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-eHEYswgK8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E-eHEYswgK8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I could see Mittlewerk behind the freighter. Somebody who knows enough to have a thirst for the island, but locked out at some point so that he/she doesn't actually know how to get there.

It could easily be Dharma back to take over the island again. The only thing is that they would have to explain why food was still being dropped by plane if Dharma couldn't find the island again.

Adept Havelock
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I could see Mittlewerk behind the freighter. Somebody who knows enough to have a thirst for the island, but locked out at some point so that he/she doesn't actually know how to get there.

It could easily be Dharma back to take over the island again. The only thing is that they would have to explain why food was still being dropped by plane if Dharma couldn't find the island again.

While I doubt it, it is possible that Dharma was unaware of "the purge". IIRC, the station Mikhail was stationed at was the only link to the outside world. Mikhail was dressed in Dharma coveralls when we first met him, and introduced himself as the "Last member of the Dharma Initiative. Perhaps Mikhail convinced Dharma all was well, and they continued the airdrops until the station blew. :shrug: Another possiblity, Mittlewerk used his authority in the Hanso Foundation to continue the Dharma airdrops....or perhaps it was simply bureaucracy at it's finest.

Time will tell.

Bearcat
05-24-2007, 04:52 PM

I know they've worked out the length of the show, but I almost took it as a hint on how long the show would run.... 3 seasons = stubble... how many seasons does it take until Jack can grow a full beard? ;)

Man, I'm proud of myself. I was talking to a fellow LOST fan and told him it was the future. The beard just sold me, I don't know why.

I have to say, after a wavering 3rd season, LOST is back to true form.

I thought about it being the future when he was flying into LA, but almost jumping off the bridge and referencing his father in the hospital swung me back to flashbacks.

For a long time I thought they had no idea where they were going, and for a while maybe they didn't... but now I think they do, and I don't think they would say over and over that it's not a alternate universe/timeline/heaven/hell thing and then spend 50 more episodes coming to that conclusion.

I'm with the theory that Locke was in the coffin, Jack went to the viewing because that's who he is and he wanted to go back.

Charlie was resigned to the fact that dying at that point was his destiny. The fact that a musician was needed to break the code was the final straw for him I believe. He gave Desmond a look of clarity.....he really believed that was what he was meant to do there.

I agree... he knocked out Desmond not just because he knew he had to do it, but because he didn't want Desmond to keep having to save him.. so it makes sense he did the same when he closed the door.

keg in kc
05-24-2007, 05:45 PM
F*cking brilliant. From lost on the island to lost off it.

I think maybe it was Ben in the coffin. Or someone we haven't encountered yet. That would be really brilliant, to introduce a new character at the end of his life and then reveal him through flashbacks.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
At the time it was on TV I didn't care at all who was in the coffin, but I'll watch next season just to find out. Hooked? Oh yeah.

cadmonkey
05-25-2007, 08:57 AM
who knows, maybe in weakness he finds out he is very vain. :)

chappy
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I just got done watching the 1st and 2nd season straight through. anyone have or know where I can get some or all of the third season?
I'll buy it if someone burns me dvd's and sends them

BigOlChiefsfan
05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
No whiskey = graybeard.

Whiskey + Vicodin = Fountain of youth

MOhillbilly
05-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Part of the whole magic thing. Lots of people survive or heal in miraculous ways on the island.

thats not very accurate if other cast members can get shot and not survive.

beer bacon
05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
thats not very accurate if other cast members can get shot and not survive.

It doesn't work for everyone. Ben is still limping around from his surgery. I think it has been implied that the island or some other force on the island favors guys like Locke over guys like Ben.

cadmonkey
05-30-2007, 07:59 AM
I know this season of Lost is over and should probably let it rest but I just found the whole transcript of what Jack was reading:

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Think this means its Michael. Why his name is John I have no idea. But I remember from the first season that he lived in a loft in New York. Maybe they changed his name after he got off the island to continue with the lie that the plane went down in the ocean and there were no survivors. This would also explain why Kate wanted nothing to do with going to see his body. She is still mad that he lied to them and turned them over to the Others.

tomahawk kid
05-30-2007, 10:08 AM
I know this season of Lost is over and should probably let it rest but I just found the whole transcript of what Jack was reading:

"The body of John Lantham of New York was found shortly after 4 am in the 4300 block of Grand Avenue.

Ted Worden, a doorman at the Tower Lofts complex, heard loud noises coming from the victim's loft.

Concerned for tenants' safety, he entered the loft and found the body hanging from a beam in the living room.

According to Jaime Ortiz, a police spokesman, the incident was deemed a suicide after medical tests. Latham (sic) is survived by one teenaged son.

Memorial services will be held at the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral Home tomorrow evening."

Think this means its Michael. Why his name is John I have no idea. But I remember from the first season that he lived in a loft in New York. Maybe they changed his name after he got off the island to continue with the lie that the plane went down in the ocean and there were no survivors. This would also explain why Kate wanted nothing to do with going to see his body. She is still mad that he lied to them and turned them over to the Others.

Interesting.

Sounds like a solid theory.

Mr. Plow
05-30-2007, 11:42 AM
But I remember from the first season that he lived in a loft in New York.

Didn't he live in California somewhere? Or am I thinking of someone else?

milmil13
05-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I just got done watching the 1st and 2nd season straight through. anyone have or know where I can get some or all of the third season?
I'll buy it if someone burns me dvd's and sends them

If you go to www.tv-links.co.uk you should be able to watch every episode from Season 3.

Fruit Ninja
05-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Download the Torrents if you want the season 3, you could get a pretty fast download, as Lost is very popular.

Baby Lee
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
This was probably already pointed out, but Hoffs-Drawlar = Flash Forward

Ari Chi3fs
06-18-2007, 06:23 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nu3SxqSrAOM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nu3SxqSrAOM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Here is a synchronized video of the Lost crash that someone put together... interesting.

Guru
06-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Cool, nice work there.

Guru
10-03-2007, 02:03 AM
The NBC series Chuck just revealed Oceanic Flight 815 as one of the big government secrets stored in his head.

WTF?

You can view it in part 1 of episode 2 on NBC.com

oldandslow
10-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Cross major network props???

Damn, I am going to put on my tin foil hat and begin to believe ALL media is owned by one mega -corporation instead of 6 or 7

Stryker
10-03-2007, 08:03 AM
LOL!

keg in kc
10-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Cross major network props???

Damn, I am going to put on my tin foil hat and begin to believe ALL media is owned by one mega -corporation instead of 6 or 7They've been doing Lost plugs on The Office for a couple years now.

The one on Chuck said something about flight 815 being shot down, but I couldn't follow it enough to make out by whom.

Chuck 2 was a bit of a letdown from Chuck 1. Hopefully 3 is better.

Frosty
10-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Okay - I have a question for the Lost fans:

I loved the first season but wasn't too thrilled with season 2. I liked the possible supernatural aspect of season 1 but the whole hatch/Others story line was yawn inducing, IMO. I TiVo-ed last season (season 3) but let the episodes pile up unwatched.

I am wondering if season 3 was better or worth watching? Season 3 is taking up a lot of room and I am debating about just deleting them. I could always watch it later on DVD but that costs $ and I got them now for free. :)

So, was season 3 worth it? Are there new twists for season 4 that would make it worth seeing? If it isn't better than season 2, I'll just forget it.

Thanks (and no spoilers please!).

tomahawk kid
10-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Okay - I have a question for the Lost fans:

I loved the first season but wasn't too thrilled with season 2. I liked the possible supernatural aspect of season 1 but the whole hatch/Others story line was yawn inducing, IMO. I TiVo-ed last season (season 3) but let the episodes pile up unwatched.

I am wondering if season 3 was better or worth watching? Season 3 is taking up a lot of room and I am debating about just deleting them. I could always watch it later on DVD but that costs $ and I got them now for free. :)

So, was season 3 worth it? Are there new twists for season 4 that would make it worth seeing? If it isn't better than season 2, I'll just forget it.

Thanks (and no spoilers please!).

I thought Season 3 was okay - not great, just okay.

DaKCMan AP
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
season 3 >>> season 2

Stryker
10-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Season 3 is much better than Season 2.

ct
10-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Not sure if you've heard, but season 3 is much better than season 2.

Frosty
10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Not sure if you've heard, but season 3 is much better than season 2.

It is starting to sink in the maybe, just maybe, Season 3 was better than Season 2.

Still waiting for any dissenting opinions, though. :p