PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Buck
05-11-2008, 08:21 PM
How many times are you gonna change your name?

4,815,162,342 times

Mr Luzcious
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Also, the cover of the Secondary Protocol pretty much confirms the link between Widmore and DHARMA. However, the symbol on the cover matches the symbol for the as-yet unseen "Orchid". The center spiral also reminds me a great deal of the old TV show "The Time Tunnel".

Makes sense, didn't Widmore say he'd owned the island before Ben?

keg in kc
05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Per darkufo: Richard Francis Burton.

Sir Richard Francis Burton KCMG FRGS (March 19, 1821 – October 20, 1890) was an English explorer, translator, writer, soldier, orientalist, ethnologist, linguist, poet, hypnotist, fencer and diplomat. He was known for his travels and explorations within Asia and Africa as well as his extraordinary knowledge of languages and cultures. According to one count, he spoke 29 European, Asian, and African languages.

He is also the first non-muslim European to have made the hajj.

http://b.imagehost.org/t/0780/rb.jpg (http://b.imagehost.org/view/0780/rb.jpg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton

Fascinating chap. I'm intrigued a high school kid would have his picture in his locker.Burton is the also central figure in Philip José Farmer's Riverworld series, in which billions of Earth's dead are resurrected for study by extraterrestrials.

Rausch
05-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I have wondered about John being Jacob on some level.

Well, the "whispers" in the forest when you hear inaudible sounds have apparently been (at the time) living members of the island that are now (considered) dead.

DarkUFO has a huge list of most of the "whispers."

I think Ben, Claire, and a few others have been heard in the whispers for over 2 seasons. I'm guessing characters that are dead or are going to die. Not that I'm sure you can die permanently. Apparently you can on-island, but not off...

Adept Havelock
05-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Burton is the also central figure in Philip José Farmer's Riverworld series, in which billions of Earth's dead are resurrected for study by extraterrestrials.

I keep meaning to give those a read. I tried to watch the miniseries, but rapidly lost interest. I'm told the books are much better.

Makes sense, didn't Widmore say he'd owned the island before Ben?

I think so. He strongly implied it when he told Ben "everything you have, you stole from me".

What has stuck in my head from that conversation was another of Widmore's statements: "I know who you are, what you are."

Rausch
05-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Burton is the also central figure in Philip José Farmer's Riverworld series, in which billions of Earth's dead are resurrected for study by extraterrestrials.

A: Sounds like my next Amazon purchase.

B: A combination of both wouldn't shock me in the least. The LOST writers seem to be a combination of about 10 T. S. Eliot's. On some level I'm wondering if this isn't their attempt to get net-nerds to discover the ties behind a TV version of "The Waste Land."

Adept Havelock
05-11-2008, 11:32 PM
A: Sounds like my next Amazon purchase.

B: A combination of both wouldn't shock me in the least. The LOST writers seem to be a combination of about 10 T. S. Eliot's. On some level I'm wondering if this isn't their attempt to get net-nerds to discover the ties behind a TV version of "The Waste Land."

Interesting take. I like it. I am very grateful to Mr. Abrams and company for creating a TV show that really makes me stretch my noggin. It's fueled more than a few late night bull sessions that resulted in some serious skull sweat.

It gives me hope that others will realize there is an audience that likes to be challenged, and not spoon-fed visual Soma.

Rausch
05-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Interesting take. I like it. I am very grateful to Mr. Abrams and company for creating a TV show that really makes me stretch my noggin. It's fueled more than a few late night bull sessions that resulted in some serious skull sweat.

If you're a fan you THINK.

Imagine that for a pop-show that can still pull ratings.

It gives me hope that others will realize there is an audience that likes to be challenged, and not spoon-fed visual Soma.

Abandon all hope on that front.

And teh rheps for a Brave New World quip.

I made a joke at work (amongst teachers, all with masters) about the big three (O-bama, Billary, McCain't) not showing their true faces.

"They're all bland because our new overlords know what we'll think of them if we get a good glimpse of who they really are. 10 years after any of these @$$holes our kids will be preparing to meet the great God-mind in the sky..."

*blank stares.*

Childhoods End. Anyone?

*blank stares.*

irishjayhawk
05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
I'd love to think but I don't know what to think about. Most of these references are way over my head. :(

Rausch
05-12-2008, 12:00 AM
I'd love to think but I don't know what to think about. Most of these references are way over my head. :(

Nah.

What they refer to isn't.

Some great books in recent posts: A Brave New World (negative dystopia,) Childhoods End (I'd argue a negative dystopia,) and numerous others.

I highly recomend reading both. You won't be bored or drowned out by them. :thumb:

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Nah.

What they refer to isn't.

Some great books in recent posts: A Brave New World (negative dystopia,) Childhoods End (I'd argue a negative dystopia,) and numerous others.

I highly recomend reading both. You won't be bored or drowned out by them. :thumb:

I liked Brave New World. Soma is a pretty big influence in my thinking.

SithCeNtZ
05-12-2008, 12:18 AM
The time travel was explained but in reverse this time. This time it came to the island BEFORE, whereas Faraday's experiment came in LATE.

My only concern with this show is that the writers are going to try to get "too smart" and just start throwing things out there that don't make any sense. The doctor thing is one of those things. How can a guy go forward in time, and yet not go forward in time? How can you do both at the same time? The answer in this bizzare time travel land is you can't, unless you are just going to allow anything to randomly happen through multiple time vortex's or something.

Rausch
05-12-2008, 12:22 AM
My only concern with this show is that the writers are going to try to get "too smart" and just start throwing things out there that don't make any sense. The doctor thing is one of those things. How can a guy go forward in time, and yet not go forward in time? How can you do both at the same time?

The island is not "anchored" in time.

When they talked about "moving" the island I don't think the "Shack people" meant in space, I think they meant in time.

SithCeNtZ
05-12-2008, 12:30 AM

When they talked about "moving" the island I don't think the "Shack people" meant in space, I think they meant in time.

Which is fine, but there has to be an anchor somewhere right? I'm fine with your theory that the island can go back and forth in time relative to the outside world. But how can the doctor go into the future without actually going into the future? I'll just give my best analogy to show why this confuses me:

Lets say you and I build a time travel machine(basically what people are calling the field around the island) that we know will send us 5 years into the future. You and I also invent a phone that can communicate with the future. We call the president and say we are going to send him something into his portal so we know that you are arriving 5 years later. Now, lets say I wanted to kill you to keep all of the profits of our time machine to myself, so I decide I'm going to kill you and send your body through the portal, thus leaving no evidence of my crime. Your dead body CAN NOT go through that time machine until I kill you, right? I can't "send" your body through the portal with you standing right next to me can I? No, I would have to kill you first, then send you through the portal.

So how can the doctor go forward in time to the island if he never actually crossed the barrier into the island? In my hypothetical scenerio, if you were the owner of the time machine 5 years in the future, would you expect things to randomly start appearing in your time machine even though I, 5 years in the past, never put anything in it?

keg in kc
05-12-2008, 12:32 AM
They'd already established the possibility of a time differential between the island and the freighter with Daniel's rocket experiment, earlier in the season.

The trick will be explaining how it works.

keg in kc
05-12-2008, 12:40 AM
A: Sounds like my next Amazon purchase."I didn't really 'read' them, per se; I listened to them on audiobook a few months ago.

It was an interesting idea, but I'm not sure it needed to be stretched-out to 5 novels.

I could see its possible influence on Lost. There's the problem of people surviving the plane crash (everybody on Riverworld had died, some of them thousands/millions of years ago...) but the concept of people being resurrected as a social experiment is interesting, in the ongoing sense of the resurrected wondering "is this purgatory (which I don't think the island is, and I think they survived the crash, rather than died and were resurrected.).

Adept Havelock
05-12-2008, 09:24 AM
"They're all bland because our new overlords know what we'll think of them if we get a good glimpse of who they really are.

Don't blame me. I'm voting for Kodos.

Childhoods End. Anyone?

*blank stares.*

One of Clarke's finest works. Dystopian? Yeah...Overlords are TEH DEBBIL!!!

Maybe the actual shape of the Island is a cylinder about 40k long... :p

What's the difference?

Space and duration are one

It freaks me out that twisted little drunk and opiate addict reasoned that out without mathematics (Eureka, 1848) 60 years before Minkowski came along. Just another reason I love his writing.

They'd already established the possibility of a time differential between the island and the freighter with Daniel's rocket experiment, earlier in the season.

The trick will be explaining how it works.

I'm a little curious about the dynamic behind it as well. It appears the time phenomenon is a wall, not a dome, as Sat. communications are not affected by it according to Lindenhoff.

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM

Ha, I didn't think about that. But the best part is it would jive with Ben making sure in Arabia that the year was 2005.

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 10:44 AM
What's the difference?

I believe the difference would be that Whidmore would then be looking in the wrong timeframe. He'd have his boat and chopper in 2006 looking for an island that doesn't exist there in 2006. It "sunk" could be an explanation. But if he'd looked in 2005, he'd know where it is. But of course, as you said above with what Whidmore said, he probably knows this and that's what the secondary protocol is.

Adept Havelock
05-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I believe the difference would be that Whidmore would then be looking in the wrong timeframe. He'd have his boat and chopper in 2006 looking for an island that doesn't exist there in 2006. It "sunk" could be an explanation. But if he'd looked in 2005, he'd know where it is. But of course, as you said above with what Whidmore said, he probably knows this and that's what the secondary protocol is.

I'm asking what's the difference between Space and Time...tongue in cheek.

noa
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I can't find it right now (no search function and I'm lazy), but I remember people talking about how Ben and Widmore play by certain rules and they won't kill each other. Did anyone mention the possibility that they might be each other's constants? Would that make sense, or is that just going to piss off Dane?

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I'm asking what's the difference between Space and Time...tongue in cheek.

Flew over my head. :doh!:

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 11:26 AM
I can't find it right now (no search function and I'm lazy), but I remember people talking about how Ben and Widmore play by certain rules and they won't kill each other. Did anyone mention the possibility that they might be each other's constants? Would that make sense, or is that just going to piss off Dane?

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about the constants part. However, I think most people perceive them as the yin and the yang fighting for the island.

cookster50
05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Here's something a coworker thought up:
I think that the island used to move every 108 minutes, in space AND time.

Could pressing the button have been a means of moving the island?

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's something a coworker thought up:

Could pressing the button have been a means of moving the island?

Actually, I'm thinking the opposite. I'm thinking pressing the button kept it where it was. And that when they didn't and it had an earth quake it was moving. That happened twice. Once when the plane first went down and once when the LOSTies did it. And the plane going down, if caused by a time warp, really reminds me of Donnie Darko

The only flaw in this grand theory is that now that the button is destroyed, wouldn't it constantly move....

Which makes your co-worker's a little more sensible.

Chiefnj2
05-12-2008, 01:14 PM
To add to the confusion on the time/space/movement, when the doctor was killed on the boat his cheek had begun healing. When he was found on the island his cheek had stiches. When he jumped in time backwards the island was able to reverse the aging process even though he was dead.

Adept Havelock
05-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Amazon special alert:

Seasons 1-3 boxed sets, all 3 for only $79.99

Just ordered mine!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HZZP0/002-8134075-4564855?ie=UTF8&tag=lostbooks-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B0017HZZP0

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Amazon special alert:

Seasons 1-3 boxed sets, all 3 for only $79.99

Just ordered mine!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017HZZP0/002-8134075-4564855?ie=UTF8&tag=lostbooks-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B0017HZZP0

:(

I want them but i can't justify the money.

Adept Havelock
05-12-2008, 02:27 PM
:(

I want them but i can't justify the money.

You're a step ahead of my college-days spending habits. Back then, I could find a way to rationalize/justify just about any purchase.

Of course, that usually meant eating a lot of rice and noodles the last few weeks of the semester...

cadmonkey
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
The comic book that Richard Alpert showed young John Locke was Mystery Tales issue #40. This issue was published April, 1956.

The comic included story titles such as:

The Hidden Land! 4pgs
A Warning Voice! 4pgs
The Travelers 2 pgs
Crossroads of Destiny! 4pg
Notes: Features Roman emperor Gaius Julius Caesar (100-44 BC) and Italian navigator Christopher Columbus (1451-1506).
Sammy's Secret! 3pgs
The Silent Stranger 4pgs
March Has 32 Days 4pg

The Comics Code Authority (CCA) is part of the Comics Magazine Association of America (CMAA), and was created in 1954 to regulate the content of comic books in the United States. Member publishers submit comic books to the CCA, which screens them for conformance to its Comics Code, and authorizes the use of their seal on the cover if the books comply. At the height of its influence, it was a de facto censor for the U.S. comic book industry.

The 1954 Code Highlights:

-Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
-If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
-Criminals shall not be presented so as to be rendered glamorous or to occupy a position which creates a desire for emulation.
-In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
-Scenes of excessive violence shall be prohibited. Scenes of brutal torture, excessive and unnecessary knife and gunplay, physical agony, gory and gruesome crime shall be eliminated.
-No comic magazine shall use the word horror or terror in its title.
-All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, sadism, masochism shall not be permitted.
-All lurid, unsavory, gruesome illustrations shall be eliminated.
-Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly, nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
-Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture, vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited.
-Profanity, obscenity, smut, vulgarity, or words or symbols which have acquired undesirable meanings are forbidden.
-Nudity in any form is prohibited, as is indecent or undue exposure.
-Suggestive and salacious illustration or suggestive posture is unacceptable.
-Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.
-Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at nor portrayed. Violent love scenes as well as sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.
-Seduction and rape shall never be shown or suggested.
-Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.
-Nudity with meretricious purpose and salacious postures shall not be permitted in the advertising of any product; clothed figures shall never be presented in such a way as to be offensive or contrary to good taste or morals.

cadmonkey
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
The device that Keamy is using is Korg Digital Metronome MA-30. Obviously the prop-men have added a few bits and pieces

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 02:50 PM
You're a step ahead of my college-days spending habits. Back then, I could find a way to rationalize/justify just about any purchase.

Of course, that usually meant eating a lot of rice and noodles the last few weeks of the semester...

I can't, for the life of me, figure out how people eat Ramen...

irishjayhawk
05-12-2008, 02:51 PM
The device that Keamy is using is Korg Digital Metronome MA-30. Obviously the prop-men have added a few bits and pieces

Good find.

Baby Lee
05-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I can't, for the life of me, figure out how people eat Ramen...

I actually LOVE Ramen, especially with a little extra cayenne pepper in there.
Get all rolling boil, put it in a high sided bowl and eat it by putting your face close. The cayenne and the steam are a great wake-up and sinus buster.

irishjayhawk
05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
No one liked it?

As for me, I thought it was the lamest setup episode. However, the ending 5 minutes was nice. Also, I think they failed massively on how they wrote the first minutes back in the real world. I thought it was pretty lame.

Some observations:

- Loved Jack finding out about his nephew.
- Loved Sun taking control of the company.
- I think they told us tonight that Hurley isn't crazy.
- I think Faraday would rival Linus as the best character if he was given more screen time.
- Their marketing department's intro for the finale was horrendous. Hopefully, that means it's SUPER good.

Ari Chi3fs
05-15-2008, 10:58 PM
man, when Hurley saw the odometer in his camaro... that was nuts.

next week is going to be INSANE

irishjayhawk
05-15-2008, 11:08 PM
man, when Hurley saw the odometer in his camaro... that was nuts.

next week is going to be INSANE

Two weeks. :huh:

Ari Chi3fs
05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
yeah, i just rewatched the preview for next episode... it IS 2 weeks. FAWK!

Ari Chi3fs
05-15-2008, 11:48 PM
I think Richard is the one who is in the coffin/funeral at the end of season 3.

Guru
05-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Good ep. Looking forward to the finale.

DaneMcCloud
05-16-2008, 01:21 AM
I think Richard is the one who is in the coffin/funeral at the end of season 3.

I think that Richard is the captain of the Black Rock and is also a Hanso.

Overall, I thought this episode "filled in the blanks" for those who weren't keeping up (no offense intended for anyone on this forum!).

It just seem too laid out, kind of like "Okay, here's an hour to fill".

I AM going to give my direct neighbor across the street MAJOR shit for not telling me about a major role in tonight's episode! We talk everyday!

Bastards!

Third Eye
05-16-2008, 01:26 AM

I think this is likely true. At the very least he has some association with the Black Rock. The way he was dressed in Ben's flashback as a youth totally smacks of sailor.

Baby Lee
05-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Fate is going to have to do effing backflips to get those 6 people, and no others, together and packaged for rescue. Could they be farther apart right now?

patteeu
05-16-2008, 08:59 AM

Overall, I thought this episode "filled in the blanks" for those who weren't keeping up (no offense intended for anyone on this forum!).

It just seem too laid out, kind of like "Okay, here's an hour to fill".

I AM going to give my direct neighbor across the street MAJOR shit for not telling me about a major role in tonight's episode! We talk everyday!

Bastards!

Which role?

Michelle Forbes?

Chiefnj2
05-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Episode sucked. Complete filler. Lame handling of the return of the 6 and I thought Jack learning that Claire was his sister was lame as well - I don't want to burden you, but you had a sister. No burden at all learning that dad had a duel life and duel family. Thanks, come again.

Baby Lee
05-16-2008, 09:27 AM
Which role?

Michelle Forbes?

Still jarring to see her since she cheated on Tom Reagan and let it slip to her daughter Ann/Bland, yet still had the timerity to guilt Tom about his crush on Lauren Reed.

Adept Havelock
05-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Still jarring to see her since she cheated on Tom Reagan and let it slip to her daughter Ann/Bland, yet still had the timerity to guilt Tom about his crush on Lauren Reed.

LMAO

I was expecting her to pull out a pistol and shoot the copilot for refusing orders, launch a foolish attack on a superior force of Others, and confiscate all of the Survivors supplies.

edit-10,000! PBJ

Frazod
05-16-2008, 09:39 AM
LMAO

I was expecting her to pull out a pistol and shoot the copilot for refusing orders, launch a foolish attack on a superior force of Others, and confiscate all of the Survivors supplies.

:LOL:

Baby Lee
05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
LMAO

edit-10,000! PBJ

Well, after the trauma of the death of President Allstate Insurance.

keg in kc
05-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess I'm the black sheep who liked it. I thought it was an effective setup for the finale, felt like the first act of a 3-parter, creating the conflicts to be resolved (or not, as the case often is on Lost...).

Frazod
05-16-2008, 10:20 AM
I thought it was fine. An obvious table-setter, but it did OK. It had been implied a couple of weeks ago that Jack knew Claire's baby was related to him, and now we know he knows.

It's still also very much implied that Claire's dead. I wonder if we'll figure out how/why in the finale?

Baby Lee
05-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Interesting that the flash forwards were life milestones

Birth - Hurley's birthday
Love - Sayid reuniting with Nadia
Fortune - Sun taking over her father's company
Death - Jack eulogizing his father.

patteeu
05-16-2008, 10:59 AM

I'd like to pretend I'm pop culture aware enough to know what you're talking about here. Is this a reference to The Guiding Light?

On a sidenote, trying to figure your post out I found that Michelle Forbes did a voice in Half Life 2: Episode One.

Baby Lee
05-16-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd like to pretend I'm pop culture aware enough to know what you're talking about here. Is this a reference to The Guiding Light?

On a sidenote, trying to figure your post out I found that Michelle Forbes did a voice in Half Life 2: Episode One.

In Treatment - HBO this past spring.
As over played as the therapy setting for drama has gotten lately, it was really some quality television. You leave episodes alternatively annoyed, pissed, devastated, uplifted, exuberant, confident, the gamut really, once you settle into the lives of the characters.
And it has a teenage character that was the best acted character I've seen on TV in some time.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Whoa.

What if Lapidus dropped the transmitter on the Beachies because somehow he knew that the island was going to be moved?

Maybe Desmond informed him?

Or Michael (through Ben)?

We don't know if that's exactly the case but he did drop it on the Losties so that they could help him.

A few other thoughts from last night:

The Freighter and the Black Rock seem to have a lot in common. Explosives are at the forefront.

I loved Hurley's Odometer. Plus the fact that the O-6 had been alone for 108 days (for those of you who hadn't gone this far, the numerical value of the word "Lost" is 108).

There was talk of "Five different banks" just before Sun made her revelation to her father. Could the "Five" represent the other O-6?

"Jesus Christ is not a weapon" LMAO

I think it's possible that Aaron isn't one of the Oceanic Six and there's one more person to be revealed.

The "reveal" involving Claire could not have been less interesting.

Jin and Michael still don't like each other much.

Ben was signaling Richard and the Others.

Ben is a friggin' genius.

An "Eviel" genius.

Guru
05-17-2008, 01:25 AM
ON the Aaron question. if he is not one of the 6... nobody else was on the plane that we could see anyway.

Don't rip me now.:p

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 01:28 AM
ON the Aaron question. if he is not one of the 6... nobody else was on the plane that we could see anyway.

Don't rip me now.:p

BUT...

If you re-watch it, the Oceanic spokesman briefly looks at someone and smiles while on the chopper.

Maybe someone is injured and therefore not able to sit at the press conference.

Just speculation but it's possible.

Guru
05-17-2008, 01:34 AM
BUT...

If you re-watch it, the Oceanic spokesman briefly looks at someone and smiles while on the chopper.

Maybe someone is injured and therefore not able to sit at the press conference.

Just speculation but it's possible.

Off to ABC.com I go. I do recall that smile now. Didn't think anything of it at the time though.

Guru
05-17-2008, 01:40 AM
all right!!!! Who the hell is that back there? Damn writers!!!!

Very dark complected and appears bald. Maybe just another Coast Guard officer?

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 01:41 AM
all right!!!! Who the hell is that back there? Damn writers!!!!

Very dark complected and appears bald. Maybe just another Coast Guard officer?

I'm sure we'll find out in two weeks...

Guru
05-17-2008, 01:45 AM
I am still waiting to see how they are incorporating two endings into this finale.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
I am still waiting to see how they are incorporating two endings into this finale.

Two endings?

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:01 AM
Two endings?

Something that Lilly dropped on Kimmel Wednesday night. He was talking about how the wrote the ending to this season and she immediately chimed in with "two endings Jimmy".

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Something that Lilly dropped on Kimmel Wednesday night. He was talking about how the wrote the ending to this season and she immediately chimed in with "two endings Jimmy".

Okay, I didn't hear about that.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:36 AM
Okay, I'm gonna stick my neck out and proclaim that we do not know the identity of the final person of Oceanic Six.

First, "Miss Decker" looks to her left just after she gets up from her seat on the chopper and smiles. This is before she reaches the Losties. Who is she smiling at? Widmore? Ben? A Lostie?

When speaking to them, "Miss Decker" says "They're referring to you as the Oceanic 6. That's not the *best* branding as far as we're concerned, but, it's catchy".

In the "photo", only Sun, Kate, Jack and Hurley are clearly seen (Sun & Kate are arm in arm). Who's got Aaron?

The raft that Sayid appropriated held six people (Six at a time).

Who's the sixth person?

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Okay, I'm gonna stick my neck out and proclaim that we do not know the identity of the final person of Oceanic Six.

First, "Miss Decker" looks to her left just after she gets up from her seat on the chopper and smiles. This is before she reaches the Losties. Who is she smiling at? Widmore? Ben? A Lostie?

When speaking to them, "Miss Decker" says "They're referring to you as the Oceanic 6. That's not the *best* branding as far as we're concerned, but, it's catchy".

In the "photo", only Sun, Kate, Jack and Hurley are clearly seen (Sun & Kate are arm in arm). Who's got Aaron?

Who's the sixth person?

That one really stuck out to me when she said it. Kept thinking "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:46 AM
http://lostrecaps.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/05162008987.jpg

Who is in the back sitting down?

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Is it the coast guard guy?
http://lostrecaps.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/051620081001.jpg?w=497&h=372

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:48 AM
"Moving it is both dangerous and unpredictable".

Hence Richard asking John if which of these items "belonged to him".

The island can be moved through time.

I wonder if it takes a person's soul when it moves...

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:53 AM
Here ya go Dane. About the 7 minute mark is when she mentions two finales. Not endings but still an interesting statement.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/arMil5Lg9Qk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arMil5Lg9Qk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Here ya go Dane. About the 7 minute mark is when she mentions two finales. Not endings but still an interesting statement.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arMil5Lg9Qk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Thanks!

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:57 AM

Who's the sixth person?

Quote from the show when "Miss Decker" was speaking about the crash...

“On Day 108, the remaining six survivors - including Miss Austen’s baby, which she gave birth to on the island of Membata - used this raft to journey here, an island called Sumba.”

Looks like they are still sticking to Aaron being one of them. But, then again, are they? Definitely an interesting way to phrase that.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:59 AM
I don't think she knows what she's talking about.

There's a two-hour finale. It was supposed to be a one hour finale due to the writer's strike, but at the last minute, the producers decided that they could squeeze in an extra hour and make it a two-hour season finale.

She seemed "loopy". She probably went to Hooters (right next door to El Capitan, where Kimmel films) for a few early cocktails before hitting the show.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:02 AM
“On Day 108, the remaining six survivors - including Miss Austen’s baby, which she gave birth to on the island of Membata - used this raft to journey here, an island called Sumba.”

I caught that, too but it seemed like she went out of her way to include Aaron.

I now believe that the true 6th person was Michael.

He had already returned to the US (via Ben), went back, and was "rescued" as one of the Oceanic 6.

He's also probably the person in the coffin.

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:07 AM
I caught that, too but it seemed like she went out of her way to include Aaron.

I now believe that the true 6th person was Michael.

He had already returned to the US (via Ben), went back, and was "rescued" as one of the Oceanic 6.

He's also probably the person in the coffin.

That coffin was awfully small for him though.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:08 AM
That coffin was awfully small for him though.

Optical illusion.

Or, he could have had his legs blown off

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:08 AM
What really surprises me in the questions you have raised is that nobody else seems to have picked up on them or is talking about them. At least, not that I have found yet.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:09 AM
What really surprises me in the questions you have raised is that nobody else seems to have picked up on them or is talking about them. At least, not that I have found yet.

Now that I don't have an answer for :evil:

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:14 AM
Optical illusion.

Or, he could have had his legs blown off

Thats reasonable. ONe question would be though, if he can't die off the island, then how did he manage to die?

Guru
Now that I don't have an answer for :evil:
And here I thought you were a know-it-all.:shake:LMAO

DaneMcCloud

I think what it really comes down to is that unlike many viewers, I understand that to actually get a show "Greenlit" and into production (not to mention, to spend millions of dollars - somebody's dollars!), the creators of the show had to provide a beginning AND an ending. There's no way that any producer(s) or network would shell out that kind of cash without it.

So with that being the case, it's just a matter of filling in the puzzle. In the end, there's always something that's revealed when putting together a jigsaw puzzle.

And many times, it's unexpected.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Thats reasonable. ONe question would be though, if he can't die off the island, then how did he manage to die?

On the island? And they transported what was left of him?

Hell, I don't know right now.

I don't actually write the show :D

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:17 AM
On the island? And they transported what was left of him?

Hell, I don't know right now.

yeah, it will help to actually get the accurate timelines down at this point.

The time of the coffin is well after they were returned from the island. From our point of view anyway.

EDIT - If it even happened.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:23 AM
yeah, it will help to actually get the accurate timelines down at this point.

The time of the coffin is well after they were returned from the island. From our point of view anyway.

EDIT - If it even happened.

Here's what I think happened (5/17/2008).

Daniel shuttles everyone possible to the freighter and gets them off the island.

Hurley, Locke & Ben confront Widmore's men.

Someone alerts the freighter crew to the C4 and Keamy's detonator (on his arm).

Everyone on the freighter is somehow returned to the island to avoid destruction.

In the meantime, the "Oceanic 6", who were on their way to the freighter become stranded at sea and found.

The rest are lost in time.

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Why was Claire's mother (Jack's nephew) "still" in the hospital at the time of Christian's visit?

In the hospital for what?

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:29 AM
It will be interesting. That is certain.

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:30 AM
Why was Claire's mother (Jack's nephew) "still" in the hospital at the time of Christian's visit?

In the hospital for what?

Wasn't she in a coma at the time from that car wreck?

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Wasn't she in a coma at the time from that car wreck?

Which car wreck?

We learn later that the car wreck involving Jack's soon to be Ex-wife killed Shannon's father.

What other car wreck was there?

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:36 AM
Which car wreck?

We learn later that the car wreck involving Jack's soon to be Ex-wife killed Shannon's father.

What other car wreck was there?

Claire and her mom were in a car wreck if I am remembering correctly. Somebody was thrown from the car. Claire?

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:39 AM
http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Par_Avion

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Claire and her mom were in a car wreck if I am remembering correctly. Somebody was thrown from the car. Claire?

Hmmm. I guess I forgot about that. Do you remember what season that occurred?

Guru
05-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Hmmm. I guess I forgot about that. Do you remember what season that occurred?
Season 3 Ep 12

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Season 3 Ep 12

Thanks.

That would explain that quote.

Baby Lee
05-17-2008, 07:01 AM
That one really stuck out to me when she said it. Kept thinking "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

You guys are overthinking. Carlton/Cuse have expressly said O6 is the six we think it is. And the rep said it's not the best branding as a representative of Oceanic freaking Airlines. . . ie, now their name is tied to this crash in an even more iconic and catchy way, with the side effect of it appearing that Oceanic has forgotten about those that 'died' and just want to pimp these survivors.

Baby Lee
05-17-2008, 07:54 AM
The "reveal" involving Claire could not have been less interesting.
The moment when Jack says "Please return your seatbacks to their full upright and locked position" and realizes HE'S Tyler Durden?

You are on crack.

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:30 PM
The moment when Jack says "Please return your seatbacks to their full upright and locked position" and realizes HE'S Tyler Durden?

You are on crack.

The first rule of fight club......:thumb:

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 02:40 PM
You guys are overthinking.

Absolutely

Guru
05-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Absolutely
That is what Lost was meant to do though. heh

I have fun trying to think it out anyway though.

Rausch
05-17-2008, 02:58 PM
http://lostrecaps.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/05162008987.jpg

Ben?...:hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 04:41 PM
You are on crack.

I wish: Vicodin and Oxycontin aren't doing the trick

Rausch
05-17-2008, 05:02 PM

That woman could look sexy throwing up in a bucket...Wow.

And I wonder if she meant that they were showing it twice, not two finales...

Baby Lee
05-17-2008, 05:18 PM
It's pretty clear that she was trying to make it clear that it was a TWO HOUR finale. Remember the extra hour was added at the last minute by the brass when CnC pled that they couldn't fit it all in in the time alloted. I think they're STILL in post-production. So it looks like EL spaced when Jimmy made it clear that the finale was 2-hours in a row, two weeks from now, [and she may not even know they're playing those two hours back-to-back] and just wanted people to be aware that there actually 2 hours of 'finale.'

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 05:28 PM
It's pretty clear that she was trying to make it clear that it was a TWO HOUR finale. Remember the extra hour was added at the last minute by the brass when CnC pled that they couldn't fit it all in in the time alloted. I think they're STILL in post-production. So it looks like EL spaced when Jimmy made it clear that the finale was 2-hours in a row, two weeks from now, [and she may not even know they're playing those two hours back-to-back] and just wanted people to be aware that there actually 2 hours of 'finale.'

That's what I mentioned, too.

I think she had one too many shots at Hooters, which is right next door to the El Capitan Theatre where Kimmel is taped.

Third Eye
05-17-2008, 05:40 PM

I think she had one too many shots at Hooters, which is right next door to the El Capitan Theatre where Kimmel is taped.

I'm not so sure. I am intrigued by one of her sentences. She says it is the same story, but we're going to tell it twice. I keep hearing that this finale is going be a "gamechanger" like last year's flash forwards. Well, what if we get something like one episode, but from 2 different perspectives?

Baby Lee
05-17-2008, 05:44 PM

Wanted to snark, on viewing the O6 clip again, anyone get the vibe that someone told Michelle that the O6 were retarded like Dwight told Holly about Kevin on The Office?

DaneMcCloud
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm not so sure. I am intrigued by one of her sentences. She says it is the same story, but we're going to tell it twice. I keep hearing that this finale is going be a "gamechanger" like last year's flash forwards. Well, what if we get something like one episode, but from 2 different perspectives?

I guess that's possible.

I guess anything's possible at this point.

Frazod
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM

<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/arMil5Lg9Qk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

That was the strangest talk show interview I've ever seen, but very cool. She must be extremely non-pretentious and down to earth to be comfortable enough to sit there eating a sandwich while being interviewed. That was awesome.

Baby Lee
05-17-2008, 06:15 PM
That was the strangest talk show interview I've ever seen, but very cool. She must be extremely non-pretentious and down to earth to be comfortable enough to sit there eating a sandwich while being interviewed. That was awesome.

Yes fraz, if the two of you were to meet, she'd totally go out with you. . . o:-)

Guru
05-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Yes fraz, if the two of you were to meet, she'd totally go out with you. . . o:-)

He wishes. :evil:

keg in kc
05-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Watching her makes me think "boy I wish I wasn't old, fat, ugly and poor."

Oh well.

Guru
05-17-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, 4 out of 3!! Doing good there keg.

Frazod
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM

:moon:

I'm sure she'd never go out with me, but she might actually make eye contact and say hello.

Guru
05-17-2008, 07:13 PM
:moon:

I'm sure she'd never go out with me, but she might actually make eye contact and say hello.

And you would swoon and faint.:thumb:

ChiefsFanatic
05-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I wish: Vicodin and Oxycontin aren't doing the trick

Oxycontin makes me sick for about a day. I do like a couple of vicodin, though.

Frazod
05-17-2008, 08:02 PM
And you would swoon and faint.:thumb:

Meh. If I can survive meeting Ginger Lynn without going completely retarded, I can survive Evangeline Lilly. :)

Guru
05-17-2008, 08:09 PM
What about Orion slave girls though.

Frazod
05-17-2008, 08:12 PM
What about Orion slave girls though.

You've never met Ginger Lynn, have you? :drool:

Guru
05-17-2008, 08:30 PM
nope

Baby Lee
05-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Not only were they stranded 108 days [the numbers combined], but 108 days after their crash [on 09/22/04] means they were rescued on 01/08/05, in European form 08/01/05 - 815.

Baby Lee
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
For those who can't wait, here is an insider's set of spoilers for the finale.
I can't speak to it's veracity, only to say that I did view the first spoiler [regarding last week's episode] AFTER viewing the episode to confirm that what he wrote was pretty darned spot on for that episode.

If you do view this, please spoilerize what you see, or keep your trap shut. kthanx.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1556063897/bctid1561157874

Chiefnj2
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Talk about a major disappointment. Hopefully the finale translates better on screen.

Guru
05-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I love me a good spoiler.

Adept Havelock
05-20-2008, 12:39 AM

From darkufo:

There appeared to be an extra passenger in the back of the plane besides the O6. There has been quite a bit of speculation on who this might be...one of the more popular theories being that it is Matthew Abaddon. I believe, however, that this is just an additional crew member. Check out the screencaps and you can clearly see that the earmuffed crew member was on the plane before the doors had opened, indicating he must have been on board the flight. Also, it appears that you can see his earmuffs in the shot of him sitting down on the plane.

http://b.imagehost.org/0866/passenger.jpg

Guru
05-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Nice screen cap. Much more clear than the one I found. Glad it was just a crew member as I kind of expected.

Guru
05-20-2008, 01:00 AM
For those who can't wait, here is an insider's set of spoilers for the finale.
I can't speak to it's veracity, only to say that I did view the first spoiler [regarding last week's episode] AFTER viewing the episode to confirm that what he wrote was pretty darned spot on for that episode.

If you do view this, please spoilerize what you see, or keep your trap shut. kthanx.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1556063897/bctid1561157874

Damnit!!!

Video Not Found

The video you are trying to watch is no longer available.

Mr. Plow
05-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Damnit!!!

Video Not Found

The video you are trying to watch is no longer available.

I felt the same way.

Chiefnj2
05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
google dark ufo and go to his spoiler board. The video is there.

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 09:02 AM
google dark ufo and go to his spoiler board. The video is there.

Sorry about that, the direct link worked yesterday. Looks like Disney forced the content down and now the only part left is a summary in the comments.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/05/major-spoilers-episode-412-parts-2-and.html

the video is gone, but the comments summarize it's contents [that's on representations of the site, as I'm not looking to confirm]. ;)

Mr. Plow
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Sorry about that, the direct link worked yesterday. Looks like Disney forced the content down and now the only part left is a summary in the comments.

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2008/05/major-spoilers-episode-412-parts-2-and.html

the video is gone, but the comments summarize it's contents [that's on representations of the site, as I'm not looking to confirm]. ;)

Yowza!

Baby Lee
05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Yowza!

Any [nonspecific] regrets in reading?

Mr. Plow
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Any [nonspecific] regrets in reading?

I actually listened to the Podcast they had - which was pretty interesting. It does kind of give away the finale, but I've learned with this show, that the more info I have in advance of the episode, the more I will understand while watching it.

It gave me somethings to watch for.....overall, no regrets. I wish I had left the coffin part out of it because it will take away some of the suspense of the episode - even though they said they supposedly filmed 4 different people in the coffin, it sounds like the guys were pretty sure who was in it because of how it leads into next season.

Ari Chi3fs
05-20-2008, 02:05 PM
I know who is in the Coffin...

If you want to know... here are the spoilers

Highlight to read...

Ugh, there's a lot...

Locke's visiting the O6 in the FFs saying they need to go back, but it turns out he's in the coffin, but will probably be resurrected.

There's a giant frozen wheel in the Orchid that shifts the Island in time and space (though unpredictably). Ben puts on the parka before turning it.

Ben kills Keamy for Alex.

The kiss is not so spectacular, exactly as predicted. Helicopter, Sawyer jumps off. It's a goodbye.

The freighter explodes eventually, killing Michael. Jin falls into the water, everyone thinks he's dead, Jack won't let them go back for him though Sun thinks he could still be alive.

Ben's been following Jack for awhile, finds him at the funeral parlor.

...I'm missing stuff. I think. I really like this amount of spoilers. I feel satisfied without being ruined. Mmm, answers.

Guru
05-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Hmmmm, what does THAT look like to you? This photo is from the very first episode of LOST. Could this have been a return trip to the island for Jack? hmmm

EDIT - Nah, after further review I think it is not what some think it is. Still an interesting find tough.

Mr. Plow
05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm kind of thinking that at the end of the series, everything will have come full circle. It will be kind of a loop that some or maybe all of them live over and over.

Eh, I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was time for me to take a stab at something.

Rausch
05-21-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm kind of thinking that at the end of the series, everything will have come full circle. It will be kind of a loop that some or maybe all of them live over and over.

Eh, I'm probably wrong, but I thought it was time for me to take a stab at something.

The only thing I don't understand at all is why Clair would just up and leave her baby in the jungle to move into a log cabin with her ghost dad...:hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
05-22-2008, 12:01 AM
The only thing I don't understand at all is why Clair would just up and leave her baby in the jungle to move into a log cabin with her ghost dad...:hmmm:

I believe that Claire is actually dead.

Rausch
05-22-2008, 12:03 AM

Yet she ghost carried Aron through the...yeah...still not getting it. Whatever. As long as I get to see Kate in her undies next week I don't care if it's a musical episode...

Guru
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Yet she ghost carried Aron through the...yeah...still not getting it. Whatever. As long as I get to see Kate in her undies next week I don't care if it's a musical episode...

So shallow. :D

BigRedChief
05-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Then who's been caring for the baby this whole time? All of these people have been talking to a dead women?

Frazod
05-22-2008, 10:33 PM
For some reason it just occurred to me that the guy who plays Jack's dad is the same guy who was Joker's lieutenant in Full Metal Jacket.

Carry on.

irishjayhawk
05-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Then who's been caring for the baby this whole time? All of these people have been talking to a dead women?

No. She was lead away and put the baby next to a tree before Sawyer found the baby but no Claire.

Mr. Plow
05-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Dude, I'm pumped for this tonight!

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm pumped, too.

And apparently some shit happens on BSG tomorrow, shit that apparently people don't like (but I don't know what - I've avoided spoilers) so it should be an interesting couple days in the media forum.

Baby Lee
05-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Dude, I'm pumped for this tonight!

Engorged!!!

Mr. Plow
05-29-2008, 06:46 PM
What are the chances I could be eating some hot wings, drinking a beer, and getting a bj ALL while watching Lost tonight are?

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 06:47 PM
What are the chances I could be eating some hot wings, drinking a beer, and getting a bj ALL while watching Lost tonight are?Is there anything below zero?

Bowser
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
What are the chances I could be eating some hot wings, drinking a beer, and getting a bj ALL while watching Lost tonight are?

NY58 has a better chance at perfecting Cold Fusion.

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 06:56 PM
NY58 has a better chance at perfecting Cold Fusion.NY58 probably thinks Cold Fusion is when two of the herpes on his upper lip become one.

Bowser
05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
NY58 probably thinks Cold Fusion is when two of the herpes on his upper lip become one.

Good point.

Adept Havelock
05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
NY58 probably thinks Cold Fusion is when two of the herpes on his upper lip become one.

LMAO

Moobs
05-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Boom

Guru
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Push the button.

Ari Chi3fs
05-29-2008, 08:17 PM
bye Keamy.

Guru
05-29-2008, 09:04 PM
ecco

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I should probably avoid this thread since I'm at work.

Guru
05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
DAMN TORNADO WARNINGS!!!!!!!!

It's only 120 miles away too.

irishjayhawk
05-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Holy shit. :eek:

Great episode. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guru
05-29-2008, 09:25 PM
DAMN WEATHER!!!!

Moobs
05-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't give a shit about the tornado's nearby, if need be we'll move Kansas. :)

irishjayhawk
05-29-2008, 09:34 PM
:eek:

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I think Evangeline Lilly had a little cleavage help in that there boat.

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Wow, that Life on Mars promo looked almost exactly like the BBC version, which surprises me.

(I loved that show).

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Okay, there has to be a mind-boggling twist coming.

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm a little disappointed in a 'not shocked' way; I've assumed it was Locke since last year's finale.

irishjayhawk
05-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I knew it was Locke but I'm satisfied. Personally, I think it could have ended here and I'd be fine. But what an epic finale.

keg in kc
05-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I still have the first 90 minutes to watch when I get home. I tuned in right as the big thing with rock, trees and sand went 'poof!' and the whirly bird hit the drink.

Adept Havelock
05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Nicely done. :clap:

Now next January needs to hurry up and get here.

irishjayhawk
05-29-2008, 10:09 PM
FYI

http://octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

KCTitus
05-29-2008, 10:16 PM
so apparently two more seasons...and in those 32 episodes, maybe one story line will be explained.

Some that Ive yet to figure out are:

1. Where/why the polar bears and warthogs.
2. How did Walt impact those beings or create summon the 'smoke'.
3. The smoke beast, why did it kill Echo? more to the point, why all the story lines about Echo, when he meant nothing pre-'others'.
4. What's up with the smoke beast...it almost got Jack and Juliet until she reactivated the 'sonic wall'
5. Why did the others take Walt? He had suspected 'super' powers then gave him up.
6. What about the 3-toed statue on the one side of the island?
7. Are the others still getting supplies from the abandoned DHARMA projects 'supply plane'.
8. Why was Danielle claiming that 'they' took Alex when she knew where she was and WHO her father was.
9. Since the Others are not a part of Dharma, WTF did they have to do with anything with regard to the island?
10. Since Ben knew everything and the island is 'magical' why did they need Jack to operate on his back?
11. Now we've learned of the 'staged' recovery of 815, but do we really know why, except for flashbacks, that some rich dude is hunting the island.

I have to admit Ive wanted to watch this last season, but I found it difficult to sit through, but found myself sitting watching this last episode. I have no clue whats going on, but what I do know, it's nothing like the LOST I started watching 2-3 years ago, when we got into the hatch and spent an entire 24 episodes debating over 'The button', I mean CMON...if re-evaluating each season on its merits...there's no continuity between them. The writers have basically threw all kinds of sh!t against the wall to see what sticks.

irishjayhawk
05-29-2008, 10:31 PM
so apparently two more seasons...and in those 32 episodes, maybe one story line will be explained.

1. Where/why the polar bears and warthogs. Remnants of past island moves?
2. How did Walt impact those beings or create summon the 'smoke'. I think he might actually BE Jacob.
3. The smoke beast, why did it kill Echo? more to the point, why all the story lines about Echo, when he meant nothing pre-'others'. Not sure
4. What's up with the smoke beast...it almost got Jack and Juliet until she reactivated the 'sonic wall' I'm guessing it's the same type of matter that moves the island only it operates ON the island.
5. Why did the others take Walt? He had suspected 'super' powers then gave him up. I think Walt is Jacob, as I said earlier. So it'd make perfect sense.
6. What about the 3-toed statue on the one side of the island? Remnant of older moves?
7. Are the others still getting supplies from the abandoned DHARMA projects 'supply plane'. Don't know because The Others were essentially phased out. It was Ben and his cronies rather than "The Others". I doubt it though.
8. Why was Danielle claiming that 'they' took Alex when she knew where she was and WHO her father was. ?
9. Since the Others are not a part of Dharma, WTF did they have to do with anything with regard to the island? Not sure yet.
10. Since Ben knew everything and the island is 'magical' why did they need Jack to operate on his back? I thought this was explained. Something about injuries on the island don't heal but injuries/diseases before entering the island are healable. OR that's what I got anyway.
11. Now we've learned of the 'staged' recovery of 815, but do we really know why, except for flashbacks, that some rich dude is hunting the island. It seems that Ben vs Whitmore is Jack vs Locke version 2. Further, it seems that they might be constants of each other and hence why they don't kill each other.

I have to admit Ive wanted to watch this last season, but I found it difficult to sit through, but found myself sitting watching this last episode. I have no clue whats going on, but what I do know, it's nothing like the LOST I started watching 2-3 years ago, when we got into the hatch and spent an entire 24 episodes debating over 'The button', I mean CMON...if re-evaluating each season on its merits...there's no continuity between them. The writers have basically threw all kinds of sh!t against the wall to see what sticks.

No, there's no continuity between seasons of Prison Break. The seasons have perfect continuity. The only bad slide they had was Season 3 Episodes 1-10ish.

Other than that, it's been brilliant.

Moobs
05-29-2008, 10:34 PM
No, there's no continuity between seasons of Prison Break. The seasons have perfect continuity. The only bad slide they had was Season 3 Episodes 1-10ish.

Other than that, it's been brilliant.

I read in a recent interview a few of the writers basically admitting they weren't overly thrilled with some of season 3. The main problem they had was that they were, at the time, negociating how long the show would last with ABC. They said something along the lines of...Kate and Sawyer were 'stuck' in the prison and show were the writers.

Moobs
05-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Also, this episode just had some awesome scenes. I loved the talk that between Jack and Locke. When they first meet eyes and Locke's 'Hello Jack'. Heh. Such polar opposites, the man of faith and the man of science, they are great opposite of each other.

I knew Keamy was likely a goner, but I really liked how he played the character. He really seemed to fit that role perfectly. The fight he had with Sayid was pretty badass IMO.

Chiefnj2
05-29-2008, 10:50 PM
[QUOTE=KCTitus;4774456]so apparently two more seasons...and in those 32 episodes, maybe one story line will be explained.

DHARMA did experiments on/with animals. That's why Sawyer was in the bear cage. Once Ben purged them, I guess the animals were set free.

They haven't explained Walt's ability to connect with animals. I don't think Walt has a connection to the smoke monster.

3. The smoke beast, why did it kill Echo? more to the point, why all the story lines about Echo, when he meant nothing pre-'others'.

I think they introduced characters when they thought the show might go longer. they've had a bunch of characters introduced and then killed off shortly thereafter - Arzt, Nikki and Paulo, etc. Basically, the entire tail section.

4. What's up with the smoke beast...it almost got Jack and Juliet until she reactivated the 'sonic wall'

Not explained yet.

5. Why did the others take Walt? He had suspected 'super' powers then gave him up.

It looks like the "others" seek out kids born with special abilities - Alpert searching out Locke as a child. ABC had a deleted scene of dozens of birds laying dead outside Walt's room when he was captured and Juliette telling Ben that everyone was afraid of him. I think Walt had powers greater than Ben could/wanted to explain. Perhaps Jacob wanted Walt to take over Ben's spot? Locke was option #2, or perhaps option #1 since Alpert visited Locke 40 years ago.

No explanation yet.

7. Are the others still getting supplies from the abandoned DHARMA projects 'supply plane'.

- It doesn't make sense that Dharma would still be dropping food when they were all purged. Unless the island is on a different time plane and Dharma on land don't know of the purge yet.

8. Why was Danielle claiming that 'they' took Alex when she knew where she was and WHO her father was.

I don't think Danielle knew who took her daughter, and I don't think we ever met the father.

9. Since the Others are not a part of Dharma, WTF did they have to do with anything with regard to the island?

I think some of the Others like Richard have been around for a long, long time and perhaps know the roots of the island.

10. Since Ben knew everything and the island is 'magical' why did they need Jack to operate on his back?

I think the Island/Jacob grew tired of Ben and wanted Locke (or Walt) as the leader so it gave him and/or allowed the tumor to develop.

11. Now we've learned of the 'staged' recovery of 815, but do we really know why, except for flashbacks, that some rich dude is hunting the island.

- No
I have to admit Ive wanted to watch this last season, but I found it difficult to sit through ...

- I agree that they should answer a few more of the older questions. I also hoped that they would have had a Danielle flashback before she died.

- I also think that the show filmed a lot better than it read. I had read the spoilers a week ago and it sounded completely retarded. Ben finds a frozen wheel and the island disappears. On paper, not that exciting or good.

Frazod
05-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Good finale. Figured out who was in the coffin beforehand, not much of a shocker there. Left me pretty satisfied. Looking forward to next season.

:thumb:

Guru
05-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Very good episode. Interested to see what the other 2 endings were. Sucks because I won't be able to be awake for GMA tomorrow morning. Have to wait for DarkUFO to post it.

Frazod
05-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Very good episode. Interested to see what the other 2 endings were. Sucks because I won't be able to be awake for GMA tomorrow morning. Have to wait for DarkUFO to post it.

D
V
R

Adept Havelock
05-30-2008, 12:27 AM
The "Frozen Donkey Wheel" reinforces my belief the Island is in part an artifact of a predecessor civilization like Mu or Atlantis.

Guru
05-30-2008, 12:34 AM
D
V
R

IN my case

V
C
R

By the time I wake up, DarkUFO will have it anyway. So why bother programming the vcr?

Ari Chi3fs
05-30-2008, 12:38 AM
What a great ****ing show.

Id rep you guys with my super powerful +120,000 points of rep, that Bob Dole stole and gave to Herzig.

Ari Chi3fs
05-30-2008, 12:39 AM
The "Frozen Donkey Wheel" reinforces my belief the Island is in part an artifact of a predecessor civilization like Mu or Atlantis.

I wish to take this moment to say, **** MU.

keg in kc
05-30-2008, 01:51 AM
So, what did Hayseed Sawyer whisper into Kate's ear?

And, how about an insane idea: Jack is Jacob.

Rausch
05-30-2008, 01:52 AM

As mentioned, the island can move.

Belief is a huge part of the island. Walt always believed.

Locke believes, Sawyer (reluctantly) believes, so did Heroin Boy.

Echo did not have faith, he had guilt. While they tend to go hand in hand they are not the same.

No faith.

Both belive in the tangible only. Think of the movie "The Sphere."

He wasn't supposed to be there any more than Aron.

The people still on the island have hope. The Oceanic 6 are all in one stage of denial or another.

4 toed.
No idea.
If you figure that one out let me know.

Yes.

Because she didn't know where she was or who (for sure, and when) she was with.

Plus, she's a crazy ****ing frog.

They were the next epoch. I'm guessing. There were hints to Norse mythology this episode. There were also purposeful mispronunciations of names to mimic old testament Angels.

He (Ben, think Greek/Roman mythology) was being punished. His crime is hubris. Hell, he reeks of a Loki allusion.

Nope.

We don't know why he is, only that he's greedy for it.

I was with you at season 3. That's when I'd hit the wall and gave up. Right near the end of season 4 a coworker begged me to watch it and I got back into it.

I really think the end of 2 and most of 3 were filler. It wasn't well done and is very losely tied to what's going on...

Ari Chi3fs
05-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I dont like how Ben was a total bastard, and killed that Keamy guy, so quickly.

He willingly went ape shit, and perhaps didn't have to.

Then, he was soooo crass about it.

I was like "what a murderous bastard".

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:00 AM

He felt he had to.

He has no more emotion than you would if you'd watched your neighbor die 100x and you knew it had to happen.

He's ambivalent.

ChiefsFanatic
05-30-2008, 02:08 AM

I don't think he went nuts, I think it was somehow calculated. And then he was so cold when Locke said he had killed everyone on the ship. He just said "So?"

And exactly who is still on the island, and who died when the freighter exploded? They keep talking about protecting the people that were left behind, but other than Sawyer and Juliette, what other principals were left?

keg in kc
05-30-2008, 02:10 AM
And exactly who is still on the island, and who died when the freighter exploded? They keep talking about protecting the people that were left behind, but other than Sawyer and Juliette, what other principals were left?I don't believe anybody is dead until I see a body. And in Locke's case, not even then.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:11 AM
So, what did Hayseed Sawyer whisper into Kate's ear?

And, how about an insane idea: Jack is Jacob.

He whispered that Claire is dead and Aaron needs to get off the island.

And that Aaron needed a mother.

keg in kc
05-30-2008, 02:13 AM

And that Aaron needed a mother.That makes sense.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:15 AM

I'm beginning to believe that they're going to tie the Atlantian civilization into this as well.

Maybe the Atlantians were the first to discover this Axis Mundi and to unravel its power. They've all moved on but left behind their secrets, which Hanso Alvar and his team had begun to discover.

It also explains why no one in our world has been able to discover Atlantis: It's been moving throughout time.

Whatever may be the case, they've assuredly set it up so that it's either extra-terrestrials or an ancient civilization that initially unlocked the power of the "island.".

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:19 AM
Whatever may be the case, they've assuredly set it up so that it's either extra-terrestrials or an ancient civilization that initially unlocked the power of the "island.".

If the island can travel as it pleases in space/time why would it have to be from the past?...

:hmmm:

Guru
05-30-2008, 02:20 AM
January will be a LOOOOOng wait. For the return of 24 as well.

Fruit Ninja
05-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Had to download it. Lakers game was more important! its not done downloading yet. :( Maybe my insomnia will allow me to stay awake so it finishes! I think i am going to do a little work out and maybe its done when i am.

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Had to download it. Lakers game was more important! .

http://www.silenceisnonexistence.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/balls.jpg

Fruit Ninja
05-30-2008, 02:31 AM

http://www.silenceisnonexistence.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/balls.jpg

Hey, i dont judge. Go for what ya know! btw, nice legs, can i buy you a drink? hah

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Had to download it. Lakers game was more important! its not done downloading yet. :( Maybe my insomnia will allow me to stay awake so it finishes! I think i am going to do a little work out and maybe its done when i am.

Dude, the Laker's game was over before 9pm. Lost started at 9pm.

Are you on the Island?

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:40 AM
If the island can travel as it pleases in space/time why would it have to be from the past?...

:hmmm:

The only reason I suggested it was from the past was due to the statue shown in season one and the "hieroglyphics" shown in tonight's episode.

I'm assuming those were there to indicate the past.

Though with "Lost", what do we really know?

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:40 AM

Are you on the Island?

In high heels and a Kobe jersey!

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:41 AM
The only reason I suggested it was from the past was due to the statue shown in season one and the "hieroglyphics" shown in tonight's episode.

I'm assuming those were there to indicate the past.

Though with "Lost", what do we really know?

Since a 4 toed humanoid has yet to be discovered...

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:42 AM
In high heels and a Kobe jersey!

Somehow, I think that "Adam & Eve" shown during Season One in the cave were Desmond and Penny.

Or Kate and Jack.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:43 AM
Since a 4 toed humanoid has yet to be discovered...

Roswell

J/K

Guru
05-30-2008, 02:45 AM
Somehow, I think that "Adam & Eve" shown during Season One in the cave were Desmond and Penny.

Or Kate and Jack.

Some memory you got there. :doh!:

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:45 AM

Really?

Now that is worth looking into.

Kate and Jack are clearly temporary. She's supposed to stay and he's supposed to go back. I think.

Anyway, the Desmond/Penny deal seems more likely. When was that?...

Fruit Ninja
05-30-2008, 02:46 AM

Are you on the Island?

Cant miss Ernie, Kenny and Chuck after. By that time it was like 9:30-9:45. No point to start watching it that deep into the start time.

Rausch
05-30-2008, 02:46 AM

You kidding?

The Chiefs were IN THE PLAYOFFS back then...

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:50 AM

Season One, when they moved to the caves.

Somewhere around episode 5-6.

Guru
05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
You kidding?

The Chiefs were IN THE PLAYOFFS back then...

Playoffs? ROFL

We didn't show up remember.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Cant miss Ernie, Kenny and Chuck after. By that time it was like 9:30-9:45. No point to start watching it that deep into the start time.

DVR, my friend.

Is that available where you live (no offense)?

Central Cali is closer to Western Kansas/Eastern Colorado, from what I've seen.

Guru
05-30-2008, 02:54 AM
DVR, my friend.

Central Cali is closer to Western Kansas/Eastern Colorado, from what I've seen.

Damn DVR snobs!!! :p

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Damn DVR snobs!!! :p

You're right, my bad.

Apologies.

Guru
05-30-2008, 03:02 AM
You're right, my bad.

Apologies.

LMAO

Fruit Ninja
05-30-2008, 03:02 AM
DVR, my friend.

Central Cali is closer to Western Kansas/Eastern Colorado, from what I've seen.I have direct tv. I was going to get it, but not paying 200 ****ing bucks for the dvr. I will wait for some deal. I already been looking into it, but Torrents are fine with me.

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Picture of Ben's childhood sweetie.
http://www.lostisagame.com/photos/320/classroom_books.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-8932758-1581517?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coalwood+way
The Coalwood Way by Homer Hickam (Hardcover - Sep 30, 2000)

Great find, Mr. Lee

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 03:09 AM
I have direct tv. I was going to get it, but not paying 200 ****ing bucks for the dvr. I will wait for some deal. I already been looking into it, but Torrents are fine with me.

Sorry for the OT posts everyone.

You can get an HD DVR at Costco for $169.00 brand new. They're MPEG-4 and look amazing. And they're totally silent (unlike previous models).

If you want an old one (MPEG-2), I've got two in my garage. I personally think they look like shit but if you want one, PM me your info. If you've got a Paypal account, I'll send you shipping costs only for one of them (probably less than $10 but with gas prices and a rural area, I can't be certain). Keep in mind that with my old HD DVR, you only get a few HD channels (like 8), not the full array of 90 or whatever they're currently offering. And you need to have the 5 LNB satellite.

Anyway, it's yours if you so choose.

Guru
05-30-2008, 03:09 AM
Great find, Mr. Lee

Charlotte

Guru
05-30-2008, 03:11 AM
Sorry for the OT posts everyone.

You can get an HD DVR at Costco for $169.00 brand new. They're MPEG-4 and look amazing. And they're totally silent (unlike previous models).

If you want an old one (MPEG-2), I've got two in my garage. I personally think they look like shit but if you want one, PM me your info. If you've got a Paypal account, I'll send you shipping costs only for one of them (probably less than $10 but with gas prices and a rural area, I can't be certain). Keep in mind that with my old HD DVR, you only get a few HD channels (like 8), not the full array of 90 or whatever they're currently offering. And you need to have the 5 LNB satellite.

Anyway, it's yours if you so choose.

Do they receive OTA signal?

DaneMcCloud
05-30-2008, 03:13 AM
Do they receive OTA signal?

I don't think so. I'd have to look on the back and even then, I wouldn't be able to be certain. I guess I could give the model number and Skip could confirm.

But I must warn you: HD looks awful on these old boxes.

Awful.

Guru
05-30-2008, 03:17 AM
I don't think so. I'd have to look on the back and even then, I wouldn't be able to be certain. I guess I could give the model number and Skip could confirm.

But I must warn you: HD looks awful on these old boxes.

Awful.

Well that sucks. Oh well. Hopefully that TR50 from Echostar will be all they say it will be for all of us OTA nuts.

Stryker
05-30-2008, 07:34 AM

And that Aaron needed a mother.

I kind of thought that he would request that she check on his daughter for him when she gets back i.e. make sure that she got the money and is doing well. Perhaps tell the daughter who her father is and that he loves her. Just my guess.

DaKCMan AP
05-30-2008, 07:37 AM
Since Locke is Jeremy Bentham...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

Baby Lee
05-30-2008, 08:08 AM
Since Locke is Jeremy Bentham...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

The ideological antithesis of Locke.

And while he was John Locke on the island, and went by Jeremy Bentham while trying to convince the O6 to return, his obituary lists his name as John Lantham.

cadmonkey
05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
I was thinking of something last night. Does anyone think that pushing the buttons in the hatch had something to do with the island being able to move? I mean, the island hasn't been able to be found before right? I think that every time the numbers were input into the computer the island moved, obviously not as dramatically as it did last night.

Chiefnj2
05-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I kind of thought that he would request that she check on his daughter for him when she gets back i.e. make sure that she got the money and is doing well. Perhaps tell the daughter who her father is and that he loves her. Just my guess.

I agree with you. That was the favor that Kate was following up with when Jack was getting suspicious in the fast forward a few weeks ago.

cadmonkey
05-30-2008, 08:20 AM
The Panopticon is a type of prison building designed by English philosopher Jeremy Bentham in 1785. The concept of the design is to allow an observer to observe (-opticon) all (pan-) prisoners without the prisoners being able to tell whether they are being watched, thereby conveying what one architect has called the "sentiment of an invisible omniscience."[1]

Bentham himself described the Panopticon as "a new mode of obtaining power of mind over mind, in a quantity hitherto without example."[2]

MOhillbilly
05-30-2008, 08:31 AM
what was the 'octagon' commercial that ran at about 9-40 cst right before the episode restarted?

cadmonkey
05-30-2008, 08:36 AM
what was the 'octagon' commercial that ran at about 9-40 cst right before the episode restarted?

i was just about to ask the same thing. Obviously has something to do with the show......."Octagon Recruiting" is what is was for I think.

cadmonkey
05-30-2008, 08:40 AM

found it

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg162/getlostpodcast/4x13/Octagon_Global_Recruiting.jpg

Chiefnj2
05-30-2008, 08:46 AM

Offseason marketing to keep you interested in the show.

Chiefnj2
05-30-2008, 09:03 AM
The island wouldn't let Michael or Jack die, but it did let Locke die. Hmmm.

Baby Lee
05-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Ring Ring

Kate: Hello

Voice: etal oot sti erofeb kcab og ot evah ouy . . . ouy sdeen dnalsi eht

Baby Lee
05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Any truth to the rumor that this finale was written by McGruber?

http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/758/758352/snl-macgruber_1169758918.jpg

Baby Lee
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Almost forgot, anyone notice any subtext when Sun told Michael she was pregnant?

patteeu
05-30-2008, 12:43 PM
Almost forgot, anyone notice any subtext when Sun told Michael she was pregnant?

Yes, I take it that was a new development and not a reference back to something I missed?

Chiefnj2
05-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes, I take it that was a new development and not a reference back to something I missed?

I read that originally the two were going to have an affair, but then the creators chose not to follow that storyline. It seemed odd to interject the subtext at this point.

ChiefsFanatic
05-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Or Kate and Jack.

At this point, it could have been Sawyer and Juliette.

irishjayhawk
05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I was thinking of something last night. Does anyone think that pushing the buttons in the hatch had something to do with the island being able to move? I mean, the island hasn't been able to be found before right? I think that every time the numbers were input into the computer the island moved, obviously not as dramatically as it did last night.

Well, I think last night shot down my theory of the button keeping the island from moving. So, I'm not sure.

The Rick
05-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Well, I think last night shot down my theory of the button keeping the island from moving. So, I'm not sure.
Yes, but the button has to be related somehow. Remember when they failed to push the button a while back? There was the same noise and "light" that there was last night when Ben moved the island.

Also, last night when Ben put the metal in the little room, the video that said "don't put metal in there", etc. Remember when they failed to push the button? There was a huge magnetic occurrence down in the hatch.

There's a relation there somehow...

irishjayhawk
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, but the button has to be related somehow. Remember when they failed to push the button a while back? There was the same noise and "light" that there was last night when Ben moved the island.

Also, last night when Ben put the metal in the little room, the video that said "don't put metal in there", etc. Remember when they failed to push the button? There was a huge magnetic occurrence down in the hatch.

There's a relation there somehow...

Yeah, I know. But it hasn't been explained.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the button kept the room frozen so the wheel didn't spin, thus moving the island. The room heated by fire when he forced the wheel.

The Rick
05-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I know. But it hasn't been explained.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is the button kept the room frozen so the wheel didn't spin, thus moving the island. The room heated by fire when he forced the wheel.
Makes sense. Sort of like keeping the battery cool to keep the bomb from going off.

In fact, maybe that whole "keeping the batter cool" was some sort of a hidden "clue"? :shrug:

irishjayhawk
05-30-2008, 04:33 PM
Makes sense. Sort of like keeping the battery cool to keep the bomb from going off.

In fact, maybe that whole "keeping the batter cool" was some sort of a hidden "clue"? :shrug:

Didn't even connect that, but definitely a possibility.

Buck
05-31-2008, 02:21 PM
That Octagon Recruiting thing is taking place in San Diego on July 24-27, which just so happens to be the same dates and location of Comic-Con.

I'll be there, hopefully its something good.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Ecco -the actor asked to leave the show so they wrote him an acceptable 'out'. Most of the others 'early demise' were related to DWI's in the Hawaiian locale - a lot of drunk driving arrests among the folks killed. Rule of thumb for LOST actors, never trust drinks with an umbrella in 'em OR hire a driver.

By the way did everyone notice that Hurley was playing chess and said something to Mr. Ecco' as they left the looney bin this week?

FWIW, I don't think everyone on the boat died. Too many chances to play 'gotcha' there.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2008, 01:44 PM
I really want to read this thread for the past few days.....but I CAN'T damnit. Haven't watched the final yet. Going to tonight.....so to answer the question, no....I didn't get my hot wings, bj, and Lost finale all at the same time.....maybe tonight beotch.

patteeu
06-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I really want to read this thread for the past few days.....but I CAN'T damnit. Haven't watched the final yet. Going to tonight.....so to answer the question, no....I didn't get my hot wings, bj, and Lost finale all at the same time.....maybe tonight beotch.

Well, even if you didn't get to watch LOST the other night, a BJ with hot wings isn't anything to shake a stick at.

Mr. Plow
06-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh....I'm gonna be shaking a stick. More like a log. Damn I need to stop coming into this thread. I know I'm going to peek at what happened and then it's going to run the show.

BigOlChiefsfan
06-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Forget about the show. Let's focus on where a fellow has to go to get this 'hot wings and a bj' deal. Even with gas at $4/gallon that's worth crosstown traffic.

Seriously, don't peek. Enjoy the triple header.

Baby Lee
06-03-2008, 08:46 AM
OK, this is bugging me, continuity error or nugget of info to be pursued?

Earlier in this season, Ben set up an elaborate test for Michael to see if he would sacrifice himself to push a button and blow up the ship. But he didn't blow it up, taking pains to make clear to Michael that there were 'innocents' aboard and he never killed innocents.
In the finale, he killed Keamy, setting off the bomb and when Locke questioned him on it his reply was 'so?'
What changed? Were there no longer innocents aboard [keeping in mind that Ben didn't know who all was and wasn't aboard]? Had Whidmore breaking the rules caused him to set prinicples aside? Was there some argument that Keamy was actually the one blowing up the boat, though Ben knew his actions were causing it?

Chiefnj2
06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
OK, this is bugging me, continuity error or nugget of info to be pursued?

Earlier in this season, Ben set up an elaborate test for Michael to see if he would sacrifice himself to push a button and blow up the ship. But he didn't blow it up, taking pains to make clear to Michael that there were 'innocents' aboard and he never killed innocents.
In the finale, he killed Keamy, setting off the bomb and when Locke questioned him on it his reply was 'so?'
What changed? Were there no longer innocents aboard [keeping in mind that Ben didn't know who all was and wasn't aboard]? Had Whidmore breaking the rules caused him to set prinicples aside? Was there some argument that Keamy was actually the one blowing up the boat, though Ben knew his actions were causing it?

The rules changed when his daughter was killed?

Stryker
06-03-2008, 09:57 AM
The rules changed when his daughter was killed?

Exactly - he wanted REVENGE. At any cost. However, since it was his step daughter, the question is going to be what made Ben and Alex so close. Remember that Rousseau (her real mother) did not accept Ben as a "step father" to her and even lashed out about it. There is a connection between Ben and Alex I do not feel has been revealed yet.

Baby Lee
06-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm calling my shot. Ben thought the rule with Widmore was that his daughter wouldn't be killed and somehow thinks that daughter was Alex.

Ben's biological daughter is Charlotte, born of him and Annie.

Print 'Em.

irishjayhawk
06-07-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm calling my shot. Ben thought the rule with Widmore was that his daughter wouldn't be killed and somehow thinks that daughter was Alex.

Ben's biological daughter is Charlotte, born of him and Annie.

Print 'Em.

I can buy that.

I still have my bold prediction: Walt is Jacob.