PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

keg in kc
06-07-2008, 01:17 PM
I still have my bold prediction: Jack is Jacob.

Baby Lee
06-07-2008, 01:18 PM
I can buy that.

I still have my bold prediction: Walt is Jacob.

I dunno about that [maybe a possible Jacob replacement], but I'm slowly convincing myself that Christian isn't representing Jacob as he says he is.

Bentham says so many bad things happened after the island was moved, something with strong hoodoo is doing everything it can to get ALL of the O6 back on the island, and Christian/Claire are trying to keep Aaron from getting back [immediately after the telephone call telling Kate they had to go back].

I'm sensing allusions to the devil convincing people he is God.

irishjayhawk
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I still have my bold prediction: Jack is Jacob.

Out of curiosity, how'd you get that bold prediction?

For Walt, I had the whole "others want him because he has powers" and the comic books (that since have gone MIA). And that he's made recurring cameos at the same time Christian says he represents Jacob.

irishjayhawk
06-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm really wishing I had snagged that 1-3 for $80 a while back....

Mr. Plow
06-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm really wishing I had snagged that 1-3 for $80 a while back....

No shit.

Rausch
06-08-2008, 06:41 PM
I'm still pissed about the Locke thing. They kill Sawyer or the Wacky Iraqi and I'll read this to see when Kate's in her undies and d/load those eps...

Mr. Plow
06-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Which Locke thing is that?

keg in kc
06-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Out of curiosity, how'd you get that bold prediction?The idea is that it's somehow a story about Jack's redemption, about turning him into a believer. He becomes Jacob, and will have always been Jacob.

I don't think there's any way that's what it will be, it's just a crazy theory...

irishjayhawk
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
The idea is that it's somehow a story about Jack's redemption, about turning him into a believer. He becomes Jacob, and will have always been Jacob.

I don't think there's any way that's what it will be, it's just a crazy theory...

Actually, the more I think about your bold prediction, the more I like it. It would be the bigger time travel twist. I mean time travel twists suck but not when it's played a part for a good 2 seasons (not to mention the rest) and then put this on the top.

Baby Lee
06-24-2008, 11:59 AM
In Treatment - HBO this past spring.
As over played as the therapy setting for drama has gotten lately, it was really some quality television. You leave episodes alternatively annoyed, pissed, devastated, uplifted, exuberant, confident, the gamut really, once you settle into the lives of the characters.
And it has a teenage character that was the best acted character I've seen on TV in some time.

So Dane, is Mishka making the move to NY?

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/index.ssf/2008/06/in_treatment_renewed.html

noa
06-24-2008, 12:11 PM

That's awesome news.
I never really cared that much about the setting. It didn't strike me as a DC suburb (the craftsman style and the constant rain made me think it was the Pacific NW at first). I only realized it was DC when the patients mentioned it in passing a couple times. A move to NY should be cool.

Baby Lee
06-24-2008, 12:18 PM
That's awesome news.
I never really cared that much about the setting. It didn't strike me as a DC suburb (the craftsman style and the constant rain made me think it was the Pacific NW at first). I only realized it was DC when the patients mentioned it in passing a couple times. A move to NY should be cool.

Think Mia Wasikowska will get an Emmy nod? Sophie was the best performance TV or Big Screen I saw last year.

noa
06-24-2008, 12:30 PM
Think Mia Wasikowska will get an Emmy nod? Sophie was the best performance TV or Big Screen I saw last year.

I hope so. The way her character grew ever so slightly each episode, while snapping back into those angry retreats from time to time, was amazing. Her emotional transitions were the best part of the show.

DaneMcCloud
06-24-2008, 12:34 PM

I don't know. I spoke to her on Sunday but that was about the heatwave and a few other neighborly things.

I know that she's not selling her home but as far as the show, I'll try to remember to ask next time we chat.

Buck
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
WTF, this is the LOST Discussion

Baby Lee
07-02-2008, 08:37 AM
I hope so. The way her character grew ever so slightly each episode, while snapping back into those angry retreats from time to time, was amazing. Her emotional transitions were the best part of the show.

Nods for Blair Underwood and Dianne Weist, not for Mia.

noa
07-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Nods for Blair Underwood and Dianne Weist, not for Mia.

Blair didn't even get one. Just Gabrielle Byrne and Dianne Weist. I'm surprised that it didn't get nominated for best series, but The Wire gets shafted too. Maybe some sort of blowback against HBO for the Sopranos ending.
I think In Treatment should be up for best series over Damages.

Baby Lee
07-17-2008, 12:32 PM
Blair didn't even get one. Just Gabrielle Byrne and Dianne Weist. I'm surprised that it didn't get nominated for best series, but The Wire gets shafted too. Maybe some sort of blowback against HBO for the Sopranos ending.
I think In Treatment should be up for best series over Damages.

Yeah, I worded that bad, those were from the list of finalists BEFORE the official selections.

Guru
08-15-2008, 03:41 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/swHST-s0s3E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/swHST-s0s3E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guru
08-15-2008, 03:42 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JHICKZ0kjw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-JHICKZ0kjw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

irishjayhawk
10-22-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/10/22/lost-season-5-trailer/

Guru
10-22-2008, 10:19 PM
sweet

Buck
10-23-2008, 12:34 AM
awesome

TinyEvel
10-23-2008, 12:40 AM
you guys are GHEY

Guru
10-23-2008, 05:26 AM
you guys are GHEY

It's teh ghey dumbass.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2008, 07:53 AM
2009?!? Damnit!

Buck
10-23-2008, 09:15 AM
It's teh ghey dumbass.

Yeah, dumass!

Guru
10-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Yeah, dumass!
Nah, we are idiots now remember.:)

Red Brooklyn
10-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Great. Show.

This preview made me poop a little. I can not wait. Strap in, friends. It's the beginning of the end and it's going to be something special.

Mr. Plow
10-24-2008, 01:03 PM
How many more seasons are they doing?

Red Brooklyn
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Just two more.

irishjayhawk
10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
How many more seasons are they doing?

Including this one, 3.

Guru
10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Including this one, 3.

It ends in May 2010 so only 2 season left including this one.

irishjayhawk
10-24-2008, 10:29 PM
It ends in May 2010 so only 2 season left including this one.

Whoops.

Mr. Plow
10-25-2008, 06:27 AM
Damn. Only 2 more years. I'm a little sad.

BCD
10-25-2008, 06:53 AM
36 episodes left.

Guru
10-26-2008, 03:17 PM
36 episodes left. Unless something has changed it is 32.

16 per season.

irishjayhawk
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Unless something has changed it is 32.

16 per season.

That has changed, I know that. The writer's strike cut episodes and so they tacked on more to the remaining seasons. I thought it was just 1 for each season (2 total) which would bring it to 34, but it could very well be 2 each for a total of 36.

Guru
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
That has changed, I know that. The writer's strike cut episodes and so they tacked on more to the remaining seasons. I thought it was just 1 for each season (2 total) which would bring it to 34, but it could very well be 2 each for a total of 36.Cool. great news.

BCD
10-26-2008, 03:39 PM
Unless something has changed it is 32.

16 per season.Oh, I thought I heard 18 per.

Bearcat
11-08-2008, 08:00 PM
They have a THREE hour season premiere?

Something tells me they won't be doing the Fringe-like 60 second commercial breaks.

Guru
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
They have a THREE hour season premiere?

Something tells me they won't be doing the Fringe-like 60 second commercial breaks.The first hour will be nothing but rehash from last year.

Buck
11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
First episode is on my Birthday, fuck yeah.

Baby Lee
11-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Dressler's coming

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/11/lost-scoop-myst.html

Buck
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Less than 3 days bitches!!!!

The Season 5 Premier is on Jan 21, which also happens to be my birthday.

Pretty good Birthday present if you ask me.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 09:44 AM
It's actually starting to piss me off that ABC personnel, not the Lost creative team, puts those shitty captions on the replays. It was bad enough when they post the trite superficial stuff, but in the last replay, they posted captions to remind us of things that happened, like, ten effing minutes prior in the episode. Or maybe my favorite, when they flash forward to Sun in London, STANDING IN FRONT OF LONDON BRIDGE AND THE MILLENNIAL WHEEL, and the caption is "this flash forward takes place in London."

Thanks Einstein.

Buck
01-19-2009, 09:49 AM
It's actually starting to piss me off that ABC personnel, not the Lost creative team, puts those shitty captions on the replays. It was bad enough when they post the trite superficial stuff, but in the last replay, they posted captions to remind us of things that happened, like, ten effing minutes prior in the episode. Or maybe my favorite, when they flash forward to Sun in London, STANDING IN FRONT OF LONDON BRIDGE AND THE MILLENNIAL WHEEL, and the caption is "this flash forward takes place in London."

Thanks Einstein.

Its funny that they try and say those will help people who hadn't watched before get into the show.

Like when Hurley is playing chess w/ Invisible Mr. Eko, then at the bottom it gives a brief statement about Mr. Eko, like thats supposed to help you get to know the show a little more.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Kate has divided her attentions between Jack and Sawyer, fans have similarly divided between 'Jaters' and 'Skaters.'

Buck
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Kate has divided her attentions between Jack and Sawyer, fans have similarly divided between 'Jaters' and 'Skaters.'

I'm in neither of those. I just hope that her character dies soon.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm in neither of those. I just hope that her character dies soon.

Her?

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8953/bitmap3602vb.jpg

Buck
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Her?

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8953/bitmap3602vb.jpg

Schwing!

I'd love to stick it in her, but shes just annoying as hell on the show.

If she ever does playboy, I'll make sure I pick up my copy.

Buck
01-21-2009, 09:05 AM
TODAY BITCHES!

Mr. Plow
01-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I've called in sick to work.

I'm dressed like Jack when he was on the Island.

Wife is dressed like Kate.

I'm eating coconuts for lunch.

And wiping my ass with a leaf.

I'm pumped.

ZootedGranny
01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I can't wait for this show to come back on so I can return to my cycle of loving the show while I'm not watching it, and hating it when I am. It's stupid fun teetering on the edge of trainwreck.

Chiefnj2
01-21-2009, 11:47 AM
I can't wait for this show to come back on so I can return to my cycle of loving the show while I'm not watching it, and hating it when I am. It's stupid fun teetering on the edge of trainwreck.

I know how you feel. It's the only show I have to read recaps of the next day to find out everything I missed. "When you blowup the photo you can clearly see that the book on Kate's nightstand was the same book found on Hurley's book shelf (3rd row, 12th book in). Coincidentally, if you go to page 12, paragraph 3 of that book it gives you a clue about time travel."

Mr. Plow
01-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I know how you feel. It's the only show I have to read recaps of the next day to find out everything I missed. "When you blowup the photo you can clearly see that the book on Kate's nightstand was the same book found on Hurley's book shelf (3rd row, 12th book in). Coincidentally, if you go to page 12, paragraph 3 of that book it gives you a clue about time travel."

ROFL

No freakin' shit. People on CP and other sites see all this shit....I see a small crack in the door of the plane and think "Hey, there's a small crack on the door to the plane." Other people see it and think "Hey, that crack on the door of plane is the same shape as drawn on page 124 of the book that referenced the early teachings of Obama, which means that Jack will get a case of herpes in the next episode."

BigRedChief
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
ROFL

No freakin' shit. People on CP and other sites see all this shit....I see a small crack in the door of the plane and think "Hey, there's a small crack on the door to the plane." Other people see it and think "Hey, that crack on the door of plane is the same shape as drawn on page 124 of the book that referenced the early teachings of Obama, which means that Jack will get a case of herpes in the next episode."
Some people love those easter eggs.

BigChiefFan
01-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Schwing!

I'd love to stick it in her, but shes just annoying as hell on the show.

If she ever does playboy, I'll make sure I pick up my copy.

She used to be a video game chick on G4.

Baby Lee
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
ROFL

I think somewhere on this very thread, I observed that there was a book on a shelf in a scene from Ben's childhood that was written in 2004.

Mr. Plow
01-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Don't get me wrong....I love that extra info that you guys see....but it's never going to be me that notices it.

Otter
01-21-2009, 08:16 PM
I think this show was meant to go one or two seasons, it turned into a cash cow and now these writers are making shit up almost as they go along ala Sopranos after season 3 or 4.

Blah

ZootedGranny
01-21-2009, 09:41 PM
My biggest problem with Lost in general is that they kept broadening the show's scope instead of staying within a manageable framework, to the point last season when the show was utterly insane. Every sci-fi show creates its own logic, but Lost kept expanding.

I really liked this episode. As crazy as this show is now in comparison to when it started, this premier stayed within that logic created last season (mainly Faraday's time travel) and actually seemed reasonable considering the premise.

Nearly every movie and show that deals with time travel inevitably leaves loopholes, but this was a solid effort. I'm interested to see how well they can keep it together having several months to put this season together.

My only real complaint this episode (aside from Hurley's character turn on the boat) stems from a common problem with shows like Lost: it promotes analyzation, so reveals are rarely surprising. It's my fault, but the second they show a shadowy figure, or obscure a face, I start thinking of all possible characters, and by the time the revelation occurs, I've at least thought of it.

That said, totally wasn't expecting Nerdlington to catch a flaming arrow in the chest. I marked out.

thurman merman
01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I think this show was meant to go one or two seasons, it turned into a cash cow and now these writers are making shit up almost as they go along ala Sopranos after season 3 or 4.

Blah

totally agree. they are just making stuff up every single episode now.

"oh, we're in the past."

"oh, we're in the future."

son of a bitch, can we just be in the present for once? time travel is so gay.

SithCeNtZ
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
My only real complaint this episode (aside from Hurley's character turn on the boat) stems from a common problem with shows like Lost: it promotes analyzation, so reveals are rarely surprising. It's my fault, but the second they show a shadowy figure, or obscure a face, I start thinking of all possible characters, and by the time the revelation occurs, I've at least thought of it.

That said, totally wasn't expecting Nerdlington to catch a flaming arrow in the chest. I marked out.

It's not so much that it promotes anylazation, it's just that you know the show is always trying to top itself so you know any person being revealed is someone from the past. In the group I watched it with we paused it before it was revealed who the old woman was, and half the group guessed the jewelry lady.

I know they don't want to keep introducing new characters, but at the same time, you can't have every single character carry some huge part of the story and be perfectly set up. It seems like a safe bet that Hurley telling his mom about the island is going to come back around in the last season and she is going to save the day because, hey, every single thing has a purpose in the show.

Chiefnj2
01-22-2009, 07:54 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who has to write episode recaps this year. Lots of jumping around.

I still think the time travel storyline is a complete cop-out. It's too easy to use it and abuse it to fill in holes in the story.

Even last night, Farraday says you can't change the future going back in the past. Then Farraday does just that by making contact with Desmond and telling him to go to Oxford.

Also, if you can't go back and change things then why run away from the flaming arrows. If nothing can be changed (and you can't prevent the plane from crashing in the first place) then why worry about getting hit with an arrow, you'll be around in the future anyway.

Red Brooklyn
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM

Blah

For what it's worth - the creators of the show have said from the very beginning that they had always invistioned a 5 season story arch. It wasn't until mid-way through season 3 that ABC granted the creators request by announcing an official end date. So, while many aspects of the show have been created as "filler" and the show does shift and adapt (like any good writing must, IMO) the overall arch of the show has been imagined since the beginning. Not every detail, obviously. But the what the show is and where it is headed has been present from the beginning. And from the beginning the show has had roughly 5 seasons of story to tell. The show was never meant to be just one or two seasons.

Red Brooklyn
01-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I feel sorry for anyone who has to write episode recaps this year. Lots of jumping around.

I still think the time travel storyline is a complete cop-out. It's too easy to use it and abuse it to fill in holes in the story.

Even last night, Farraday says you can't change the future going back in the past. Then Farraday does just that by making contact with Desmond and telling him to go to Oxford.
Also, if you can't go back and change things then why run away from the flaming arrows. If nothing can be changed (and you can't prevent the plane from crashing in the first place) then why worry about getting hit with an arrow, you'll be around in the future anyway.

I don't know that Farraday changed anything. I think we're supposed to believe that Desmond always visited him a second time in Oxford. I think Farraday was making sure that history didn't change.

And I think you're right (to a degree) about the arrows. They didn't need to run. But I'd be willing to bet that if someone started shooting flaming arrows at you, you'd fucking run like hell too. Even if some scientist told you you didn't have to. It's instinct.

Frazod
01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
I was fairly annoyed by last night's episode. Moving an island through space AND time? Ugh.

I'm just waiting for somebody to utter the old Star Trek time-travel catchphrase: "We can't afford to start second-guessing ourselves now."

:shake:

It also seems apparent from the latest catch-up episode :rolleyes: that Dominic Monaghan will have nothing further to do with the show - he wasn't shown in any of the clips, nor was Charlie's name mentioned.

Buck
01-22-2009, 09:28 AM

Actually he says you cannot change the Past. I dont believe he said you cannot change the future.

Chiefnj2
01-22-2009, 09:58 AM
Actually he says you cannot change the Past. I dont believe he said you cannot change the future.

Even if that were true, didn't he change the past by talking and giving clues to Desmond at the hatch door?

IIRC didn't Desmond visit Farraday in a time jump last year? Why didn't he recognize him?

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I enjoyed it. Makes my head hurt, but I enjoyed it.

Red Brooklyn
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Even if that were true, didn't he change the past by talking and giving clues to Desmond at the hatch door?

IIRC didn't Desmond visit Farraday in a time jump last year? Why didn't he recognize him?

Again, no. I don't think he changed anything by talking to Desmond.

And Desmond did recognize him. He has a line about it. Something like, "Don't I know you, brother?"

Frazod
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I enjoyed it. Makes my head hurt, but I enjoyed it.

IMO, it's just gotten too damned busy.

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 10:46 AM
And Desmond did recognize him. He has a line about it. Something like, "Don't I know you, brother?"Didn't read that way to me. I thought he asked "Do I know you, brother?" because Faraday knew his name, although Desmond didn't recognize him.

Baby Lee
01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
So now we know why Locke's leg gave out on him when he went to the plane with Boone, he was retracing the timespace where Ethan shot him.

A little more evidence that these guys MIGHT have a plan here.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 11:35 AM

Blah

Wrong.

totally agree. they are just making stuff up every single episode now.

"oh, we're in the past."

"oh, we're in the future."

son of a bitch, can we just be in the present for once? time travel is so gay.

Wrong.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 11:38 AM
So now we know why Locke's leg gave out on him when he went to the plane with Boone, he was retracing the timespace where Ethan shot him.

Of course they do. I've stated this in detail before in this very thread.

Short answer: You CANNOT go to a network, ask for a few million dollars per week for a television series without having a plan in place. Especially for a show as complex as "Lost".

The creators have always known the beginning and the end to the series. It's been just a matter of time as to how long they have to fill in the blanks.

As for the time travel thing, I mentioned that the whole show is based on time travel in the this very thread in either 2006 or early 2007.

Everyone thought I was nuts.

Baby Lee
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Short answer: You CANNOT go to a network, ask for a few million dollars per week for a television series without having a plan in place. Especially for a show as complex as "Lost".

The creators have always known the beginning and the end to the series. It's been just a matter of time as to how long they have to fill in the blanks.

As for the time travel thing, I mentioned that the whole show is based on time travel in the this very thread in either 2006 or early 2007.

Everyone thought I was nuts.

Shall I pierce your side and end it, Lord, or do you want to hang there a while longer.
People who have been paying attention haven't been thinking all those savants who said it was based on time travel were 'nuts.' They were trying to reconcile the showrunners saying it wasn't purgatory and was all based in nonsupernatural science with what they were seeing, which certainly hinted at either purgatory or time travel. Alpert not aging, getting big band on the radio, the black rock, endless other clues had others leaning the same way.

Red Brooklyn
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Didn't read that way to me. I thought he asked "Do I know you, brother?" because Faraday knew his name, although Desmond didn't recognize him.

ah. I see. Could be that too. I, obviously, hadn't thought of that. I just figured that since there was dialogue (btw Faraday and Sawyer) that specifically draws attentino to and points out the issue of recognition, that the writer's intent was to show that Des did recognize Faraday from somewhere.

Of course what Faraday said to Sawyer may have been meant to address the "changing the past" issue. Des never met Sawyer before the plane crash so that is proof that Sawyer could not have talked to Des at that moment in the past. No matter what. Maybe that was the point being made...

See how time travel fucks everything up?! :D

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I think the question about changing the past will be one of the paramount themes of the season. Remember that the episode started with Faraday in the past. Doing...something in the under-construction orchid station.

And I never expected to see Michelle Rodriguez on the show again, not even as a ghost.

Red Brooklyn
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
I think the question about changing the past will be one of the paramount themes of the season. Remember that the episode started with Faraday in the past. Doing...something in the under-construction orchid station.

And I never expected to see Michelle Rodriguez on the show again, not even as a ghost.

:D Nor did I!

In regards to changing the past... did you see the Comic-Con video? (I think it's somewhere in this thread actually) In that video Pierre Chang says something about time being a string... sound familiar?! :D

I think he also says something about a hole in the string... can't recall for sure. I wonder what role a "hole" in the string could play in this whole "you can't change things" idea... I can't wait to find out. This show is so stupid awesome..

Baby Lee
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
For those who consider Lost too simple and non-convoluted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_Pendulum

Buck
01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
If you don't like it, then stop fucking watching it, its that simple.

DMAC
01-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I enjoyed the show. Weird how people get pissed off about the show like its the Chiefs or something.

Chiefnj2
01-22-2009, 02:10 PM

WRONG

Asked if they know the answers to all the questions they raise on the show right away or sometimes figure it out as they go along, the duo said it was a combination of the two. Lindelof recalled how the entire pilot was put together – including writing, casting and production – in 12 weeks, which didn’t allow much time to come up with any long-term mythology. However, once the series was given a full season order, beyond the initial 12 episode order it received, Cuse said he and Lindelof sat down and discussed, “What the overall mythological underpinnings of the show would be. We quickly landed on the ending, and then constructed this broader road map of other mythological points we’d hit on this story.”

While each season of Lost is mapped out, the duo said you have to, “let the show organically tell us what it’s going to be,” bringing up the character of Ben Linus as an example. Ben was originally only intended for a three episode arc, and Lindelof and Cuse were playing a bit of wait and see as to whether or not he would turn out to be the leader of the Others, based on how things went with the actor playing the part. But once Michael Emerson was cast, “he was so good, we ended up writing eight episodes for that guy,” in Season 2, and then made him a regular. The decision to extend the original Ben storyline, in which he was held captive within the hatch, then had an influence on other storylines – Lindelof said they’d already decided that Michael, forced to help the Others to get Walt back, would kill Ana Lucia and Libby. But by extending Emerson’s time on the show, Michael’s specific task now became to free Ben.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 02:14 PM
WRONG

Asked if they know the answers to all the questions they raise on the show right away or sometimes figure it out as they go along, the duo said it was a combination of the two. Lindelof recalled how the entire pilot was put together – including writing, casting and production – in 12 weeks, which didn’t allow much time to come up with any long-term mythology.

Um, excuse me?

A Pilot is MUCH different from a television series. There is absolutely NO REASON to map out a season (much less 5) if you don't know if you're going to be greenlit.

However, once the series was given a full season order, beyond the initial 12 episode order it received, Cuse said he and Lindelof sat down and discussed, “What the overall mythological underpinnings of the show would be. We quickly landed on the ending, and then constructed this broader road map of other mythological points we’d hit on this story.”

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point.

JFC.

Chiefnj2
01-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Um, excuse me?

A Pilot is MUCH different from a television series. There is absolutely NO REASON to map out a season (much less 5) if you don't know if you're going to be greenlit.

Exactly. Thanks for proving my point.

JFC.

They admit they figure things out as they go and that Ben was originally only supposed to be in 3 episodes. He's the main character now and has been for a few seasons.

Anyong Bluth
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_Pendulum

Thanks, gonna pick up a copy and give it a shot.

Buck
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
They admit they figure things out as they go and that Ben was originally only supposed to be in 3 episodes. He's the main character now and has been for a few seasons.

While this is true, do you not believe that they had the plan to have a Leader of the Others/Island eventually?

However, I wouldn't classify him as the main Character. Thats still definitely Jack/Locke, don't you think?

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault%27s_PendulumI've read The Name of the Rose, so I might be able to make it through that.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM

Yeah but you're missing the point: Once the show was greenlit, they knew the ending.

They've always known the beginning, middle and ending. It's just been a matter of viewership (i.e. time) and popularity that determined how detailed their story would become.

If the show had only two seasons, they still knew the ending, they just would have had less time to fill in the back stories.

And yes, sometimes you'll cast an actor that was supposed to be a bit part but he or she is so good that they grow into a primary role. That's not unusual.

keg in kc
01-22-2009, 02:44 PM
It's not unusual for character changes to go away from the 'plan' of a show. It happened on BSG when they turned Helo into a main character when he was just filler in the mini-series. On Lost, it's happened several times, Ben Linus has been mentioned. Both Mr. Eko and Ana Lucia were supposed to have longer runs on the show but real life issues with Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and Michelle Rodriguez dictated changes. You can't always follow the show's original 'bible' to a tee.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I can't believe that people are just bitching instead of discussing the implications and new found revelations:

1. Dr. Marvin Candle is a fake name. His name is Dr. Chang. He and his wife are raising a caucasian infant. Also, the Dharma "movies" were somewhat scripted.
2. Locke may or may not be dead. "Jeremy Bentham" is a code name.
3. Three years have passed since the Oceanic 6 were rescued.
4. The "Losties" are definitely traveling through time.
5. It took Charles Widmore 20 years to find the island.
6. Ben Linus is lying to someone (again).
7. And of course, time travel is most certainly involved in their plane crash, rescue and imminent return to the island.

That's quite a bit of officially confirmed info.

Otter
01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
Wrong.

It wasn't a literal statement as much as a comparison of the two shows becoming convoluted and disliking some of the tangents the writers are taking in its later seasons.

I think the show has passed its prime and is on the sloping side of it's bell curve but is being milked for the cash cow theory much like those last horrible seasons of the Sopranos which was BTW the best series to ever grace a TV set until it was ruined for money sake.

Suck it dry and dammed be its legacy!!!

PS - there's no real bell curve and the cow is a metaphor

Buck
01-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I guess Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

I thought the episode was great.

It blew my mind.

Dane makes some very good points, although is it confirmed that the baby is in fact Caucasian?

Buck
01-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I think the baby is Asian

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season5/5x01a/normal_5x03-because-006.jpg
http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season5/5x01a/5x03-because-007.jpg

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I think the baby is Asian

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season5/5x01a/normal_5x03-because-006.jpg
http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season5/5x01a/5x03-because-007.jpg

I watched it twice and *I* thought the baby looked Caucasian.

I honestly can't tell from that picture.

SWOTI
01-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I can't believe that people are just bitching instead of discussing the implications and new found revelations:

1. Dr. Marvin Candle is a fake name. His name is Dr. Chang. He and his wife are raising a caucasian infant. Also, the Dharma "movies" were somewhat scripted.
2. Locke may or may not be dead. "Jeremy Bentham" is a code name.
3. Three years have passed since the Oceanic 6 were rescued.
4. The "Losties" are definitely traveling through time.
5. It took Charles Widmore 20 years to find the island.
6. Ben Linus is lying to someone (again).
7. And of course, time travel is most certainly involved in their plane crash, rescue and imminent return to the island.

That's quite a bit of officially confirmed info.

Apparently, many people also missed the connection between Faraday and Desmond. This happens in an episode entitled "The Constant". (If I may editorialize, it was one of the best LOST episodes to date.) Faraday's Constant becomes Desmond when Desmond visits him at Oxford.

That's why he isn't hypocritical when he tells Sawyer not to interact yet does as much two minutes later.

DaneMcCloud
01-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Apparently, many people also missed the connection between Faraday and Desmond. This happens in an episode entitled "The Constant". (If I may editorialize, it was one of the best LOST episodes to date.) Faraday's Constant becomes Desmond when Desmond visits him at Oxford.

That's why he isn't hypocritical when he tells Sawyer not to interact yet does as much two minutes later.

I didn't miss it. I thought that it was so clearly obvious that it didn't need mentioning. And I agree: That episode was amazing (and Fionnoula Flanagan was in this current episode as well as "The Constant").

But for those who may have missed it, thanks for the point!

Chiefnj2
01-24-2009, 07:45 AM

At the end of last season didn't Desmond visit Faraday pre-island crash? Why didn't Desmond remember seeing Farraday when he was at the door?

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 10:05 AM
At the end of last season didn't Desmond visit Faraday pre-island crash? Why didn't Desmond remember seeing Farraday when he was at the door?

That is simple. The Desmond at the door hadn't met Faraday yet. Thus, confusion ensued. However, notice that Desmond with Penny (in the present) immediately recognizes it for what it is: a memory rather than a dream. He remembers meeting Faraday. His past self doesn't because it hadn't happened. You can't change the past but you can change the future, which Faraday emphasized repeatedly.

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 10:10 AM

don't forget there's also a quick line where Des asks, "Don't I know you, Brother?" Or something like that. Perhaps that is a clue that he does sort of recognize Faraday.

Chiefnj2
01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
That is simple. The Desmond at the door hadn't met Faraday yet. Thus, confusion ensued. However, notice that Desmond with Penny (in the present) immediately recognizes it for what it is: a memory rather than a dream. He remembers meeting Faraday. His past self doesn't because it hadn't happened. You can't change the past but you can change the future, which Faraday emphasized repeatedly.

But the Desmond at the door did meet Faraday. Didn't Desmond go to Oxford before he landed on the island?

Rausch
01-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Again, no. I don't think he changed anything by talking to Desmond.

And Desmond did recognize him. He has a line about it. Something like, "Don't I know you, brother?"

I think he mentioned something about Desmond being the only one able to change the future/past.

I have no idea why, perhaps what happened to him in the hatch when he hit the reset button.

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
But the Desmond at the door did meet Faraday. Didn't Desmond go to Oxford before he landed on the island?

You have misunderstood the emphasis Faraday placed throughout the episode. You cannot change the past. Desmond at the door was in the past. He would not have remembered. However, the Desmond with Penny, or the present Desmond, would remember it. And as he says, it was not a dream but a memory.

Remember that it was the present Desmond that went to Oxford, not the one living in the hatch.

If I am incorrect, someone please jump in.

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I think he mentioned something about Desmond being the only one able to change the future/past.

I have no idea why, perhaps what happened to him in the hatch when he hit the reset button.

It is because of "The Constant" - an episode last season. Desmond is Faraday's Constant.

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 11:17 AM

He says that the rules don't apply to Desmond because he's special. I have a feeling it has more to do with the fail-safe key and the hatch than it does with being anyone's constant. But who know? I'm sure the answers will come soon enough.:D

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 11:19 AM
He says that the rules don't apply to Desmond because he's special. I have a feeling it has more to do with the fail-safe key and the hatch than it does with being anyone's constant. But who know? I'm sure the answers will come soon enough.:D

I believe the fail-safe key in the hatch merely keeps the island invisible to the outside world.

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 11:26 AM
I believe the fail-safe key in the hatch merely keeps the island invisible to the outside world.

could be.

but that's sort of a different point. I'm just thinking that the reason Des is "special" and the "rules don't apply" to him is because of the amount of electromagnetism he was exposed to when he turned the key.

If Charlie or Jack or Hurley or Kelvin had turned the key instead of Des, then they would be the ones living outside the rules of time travel. That's all.

I don't think what makes Des special is his being Faraday's constant. I think as the show develops we'll see other people who are each other's constants (perhaps Ben and Charles are constants?) and they won't be living outside the "rules." Does that make sense?

Like I said, I could be waaaay off. I'm jus guessing here. Just the way I'm seeing things right now. Could change next episode with more/new information

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 11:30 AM
could be.

but that's sort of a different point. I'm just thinking that the reason Des is "special" and the "rules don't apply" to him is because of the amount of electromagnetism he was exposed to when he turned the key.

Nope. This is entirely related to "The Constant."

If Charlie or Jack or Hurley or Kelvin had turned the key instead of Des, then they would be the ones living outside the rules of time travel. That's all.

Doubtful, but it is still a possibility. One that I don't think we'll ever know, though.

I don't think what makes Des special is his being Faraday's constant. I think as the show develops we'll see other people who are each other's constants (perhaps Ben and Charles are constants?) and they won't be living outside the "rules." Does that make sense?

It was already speculated that Ben and Charles are Constants. This was somewhat confirmed when they didn't kill each other when they met. It's possible that what you posit is true. I just don't see it in what's been revealed thus far.

Like I said, I could be waaaay off. I'm jus guessing here. Just the way I'm seeing things right now. Could change next episode with more/new information

Likewise.

Baby Lee
01-24-2009, 12:19 PM

And now we know the mechanism whereby Locke dreamed [now remembered] about the plane in the jungle.

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Nope. This is entirely related to "The Constant."

Okay. You seem pretty adamanet about this. I guess I haven't seen whatever evidence you've seen that makes you so sure. What about "The Constant" leads you to believe that being Faraday's constant is what makes Des live outside the rules?

Faraday seems to know an awful lot about time travel and constants. In fact, if memory serves, he is the one who introduces the very concept. So, I think it would stand to reason that (since Faraday is an expert on the subject) if what you're asserting were true, then Faraday would simply say, "you're my constant. that's why you're special and the rules don't apply to you." Rather than saying "you're special. for some the reason the rules don't apply to you."

I know that's probably not an exact quote. I can't remember the exact words, but as I recall that's the jist of what he says. If I'm remember the quote incorrectly, then I apologize. Whatever evidence you have, please post it. If I'm really "wrong" I'd like to know before the next episode airs.

Doubtful, but it is still a possibility. One that I don't think we'll ever know, though.

Why doubtful? Again what have we seen that makes this doubtful? And obviously we'll never know, two of the characters I mentioned are fucking dead. So.. :D

I was just creating an example to illustrate my point.

It was already speculated that Ben and Charles are Constants. This was somewhat confirmed when they didn't kill each other when they met. It's possible that what you posit is true. I just don't see it in what's been revealed thus far.

It has been speculated by the viewing audience for some time. But the TPTB (and the show itself) have given us no further indication one way or the other. I tend to be in the camp of people that think it's likely that they ARE each other's constants. But no proof has been given. Don't mistake assumption for fact.

PLUS if they realy are each other's constants it may be evidence to suggest that youre initial assumption (about Des and his being Faraday's constant is what makes him special) is inaccurate. Ben says that Charles has "changed the rules." So these two DO have a set of rules that they exist by. Whether that's self imposed or cosmically so is unknown. But there is just as much evidence to suggest that this is a "fact" as there is to sugges that it's a "fact" that they are constants.

Likewise.
:D

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 12:29 PM

HOLY SHIT!! That never even occurred to me!! No THAT if fucking interesting.
:clap:
Well done, sir.

And now we know the mechanism whereby Locke dreamed [now remembered] about the plane in the jungle.

Another stellar observation. Rep.

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
:D

Evidence for "The Constant" being the correct interpretation:

Desmond meets Faraday at Oxford.
Faraday tells Desmond he needs a "Constant."
Desmond makes Penny his "Constant" in the emotional telephone call.
Faraday writes in his journal that his "Constant" is Desmond.
Faraday consults his journal before knocking on the door saying "please let this work."

The reason I classify it as "doubtful" is because we have not been introduced to any side effects of the button's consequences other than the island showing up on the radar of Charles' ship.

Ben and Charles are, so far, a different animal. No one really can confirm whether they are constants or not. I did not mean to imply it is fact as I know it is not.

Red Brooklyn
01-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Evidence for "The Constant" being the correct interpretation:

Desmond meets Faraday at Oxford.
Faraday tells Desmond he needs a "Constant."
Desmond makes Penny his "Constant" in the emotional telephone call.
Faraday writes in his journal that his "Constant" is Desmond.
Faraday consults his journal before knocking on the door saying "please let this work."

Again, I don't see how this has anything to do with the fail-safe key. Obviously we know that the electromagnetic release is what lead the island to be visible by the outside world. What we don't know is if there are any other symptoms of that action (like, I dont' know... maybe causing someone who was exposed to that level of electromagnitism to be able to live outside the rules of conventional time and space).

Your evidence just seems to support that Des is Faraday's Constant. Which is an issue that isn't being debated. I just don't how what you've posted supports your idea that being Faraday's constant is equal to being able to bend the rules of time travel. Sorry.

I'm slow. Forgive me. I'll just trust that you know what you mean. And once it's explained on the show, I'll pipe up with an "oooooh. I see what you mean!" if you're right.:D

For now though, I think we're just going around in circles. Maybe I'm not being clear. Whatever. It's not that big of deal. Thanks for the responses though.

SWOTI
01-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Again, I don't see how this has anything to do with the fail-safe key. Obviously we know that the electromagnetic release is what lead the island to be visible by the outside world. What we don't know is if there are any other symptoms of that action (like, I dont' know... maybe causing someone who was exposed to that level of electromagnitism to be able to live outside the rules of conventional time and space).

Well, the reason you don't see how it has anything to do with the key is because it doesn't have anything to do with it. While the key hasn't been fully explained, I don't think it has anything to do with the time-travel aspect.

Your evidence just seems to support that Des is Faraday's Constant. Which is an issue that isn't being debated. I just don't how what you've posted supports your idea that being Faraday's constant is equal to being able to bend the rules of time travel. Sorry.

He isn't bending the rules. Faraday is by using him. The fact that Faraday can talk to the outside world through Desmond makes Desmond special.

I'm slow. Forgive me. I'll just trust that you know what you mean. And once it's explained on the show, I'll pipe up with an "oooooh. I see what you mean!" if you're right.:D

I'm sure you will. ;)

For now though, I think we're just going around in circles. Maybe I'm not being clear. Whatever. It's not that big of deal. Thanks for the responses though.

It's alright. I probably wasn't being clear myself. We shall see; we shall see.

BigRedChief
01-26-2009, 07:03 AM
My biggest problem with Lost in general is that they kept broadening the show's scope instead of staying within a manageable framework, to the point last season when the show was utterly insane. Every sci-fi show creates its own logic, but Lost kept expanding.

I really liked this episode. As crazy as this show is now in comparison to when it started, this premier stayed within that logic created last season (mainly Faraday's time travel) and actually seemed reasonable considering the premise.

Nearly every movie and show that deals with time travel inevitably leaves loopholes, but this was a solid effort. I'm interested to see how well they can keep it together having several months to put this season together.

I wasn't. I said to my family that what are they doing letting another passenger talk? Is this like Star Trek? The new guy gets killed?

Baby Lee
01-26-2009, 07:10 AM
I wasn't. I said to my family that what are they doing letting another passenger talk? Is this like Star Trek? The new guy gets killed?

The guy's not entirely a 'new' character. In the webisodes that aired between the two parts of season 4, he was a foil for Hurley who vied for Libby's affections.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index

BigRedChief
01-26-2009, 07:17 AM
The guy's not entirely a 'new' character. In the webisodes that aired between the two parts of season 4, he was a foil for Hurley who vied for Libby's affections.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/index
A webisode? So this was the first time on broadcast TV saying lines, correct? Thats a new guy qualifier.

I'm not saying they only kill off new charectors. I'm still ticked off they killed Hurleys girlfriend.

Baby Lee
01-26-2009, 07:24 AM
A webisode? So this was the first time on broadcast TV saying lines, correct? Thats a new guy qualifier.

I'm not saying they only kill off new charectors. I'm still ticked off they killed Hurleys girlfriend.

Yeah, I edited to reflect that, I recalled seeing him before on the show, then remembered it was in the webisode, the went to IMDB to confirm that the webisode and the most recent episode are the only two episodes he's credited with.

Also, he sticks in my mind because he's the 'Aaron Burr/mouth full of peanut butter' guy from that commercial a few years back.

Aaaah Buhhhhh, Aaaaaunnn Buuuuhhhh!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1_s0eWbaYI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t1_s0eWbaYI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Molitoth
01-26-2009, 07:45 AM
He looks like he could be Steve Buschemi's kid. heh.

Molitoth
01-26-2009, 07:54 AM
I LOVE this show.

Buck
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
I LOVE this show.

Me too.

Guru
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/missingpieces/indexHell, I knew the guy was dead as soon as he popped on the screen. all he needed was the red shirt.

Baby Lee
01-27-2009, 06:39 AM
ROFL

http://www.powells.com/blog/?p=4476#more-4476

Richard Feynman: You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and I came in through the parking lot. And you won't believe what happened. I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance that I would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!

Mr. Plow
01-27-2009, 07:26 AM
http://www.powells.com/blog/?p=4476#more-4476

Richard Feynman: You know, the most amazing thing happened to me tonight. I was coming here, on the way to the lecture, and I came in through the parking lot. And you won't believe what happened. I saw a car with the license plate ARW 357. Can you imagine? Of all the millions of license plates in the state, what was the chance that I would see that particular one tonight? Amazing!

Sweet. Thanks!

ChiefsFan4Life
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I watched it twice and *I* thought the baby looked Caucasian.

I honestly can't tell from that picture.

Holy shit! There's something you're not sure about?

That's more mysterious than anything on this show

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Holy shit! There's something you're not sure about?

That's more mysterious than anything on this show

I know, shocking, isn't it?

LMAO

Guru
01-27-2009, 11:06 PM
I know, shocking, isn't it?

LMAONah, we all knew you were really just a dumbass making shit up.:)

DaneMcCloud
01-27-2009, 11:34 PM
Nah, we all knew you were really just a dumbass making shit up.:)

Why I oughta! :cuss:

Guru
01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Bizarre opening.

Guru
01-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Whidmore!!!! nice.

Molitoth
01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
NICE episode!!!!

Adept Havelock
01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Very good episode, but I have a minor quibble.

"Jughead" was a cryogenic device. Without the cooling apparatus... :shrug:

"Nice to meet you". LMAO

Chiefnj2
01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Good episode.

Psyko Tek
01-28-2009, 09:16 PM
is the bomb what widmore is after?

he was an "other" this is before the darma stuff
and wtf are the 4 toed people
I wanna see richard in sandals damn it

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 12:20 AM
Very good episode, but I have a minor quibble.

"Jughead" was a cryogenic device. Without the cooling apparatus... :shrug:

"Nice to meet you". LMAO

Somehow, I think they will have an explanation.

Very good episode.

Buck
01-29-2009, 12:38 AM
Everyone knows that the girl that was holding Daniel Faraday at gunpoint for most the episode is his mother, right?

If this is not the case, color me shocked.

Guru
01-29-2009, 12:39 AM
Everyone knows that the girl that was holding Daniel Faraday at gunpoint for most the episode is his mother, right?

If this is not the case, color me shocked.That is what I got out of it.

BigRedChief
01-29-2009, 06:50 AM
That is what I got out of it.
yep.

Also has it ever been explained why Alpert never ages?

Buck
01-29-2009, 08:57 AM
yep.

Also has it ever been explained why Alpert never ages?

I'm guessing its because.....HEY LOOK WHATS THAT SHINY THING OVER THERE!?!?!?!?

Red Brooklyn
01-29-2009, 09:00 AM

If this is not the case, color me shocked.

yes. and it was all but confirmed by the "enhanced" rerun of 'The Lie' that aired right before this episode. There was a caption at the bottom of the screen that revealed Ms. Hawking's first name is Eloise. (Same name as Faraday's mouse in the time travel experiment.) and, I believe, they call the girl with the gun Ellie. Something like that. So, yeah. I'd say it's pretty definitely her.

patteeu
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Can someone explain the significance of the incapacitated sister that Faraday left behind in England that Desmond discovered in last night's episode for me?

Rausch
01-29-2009, 09:17 AM

In the "Tetrahedron Model" (as advocated on this website), a gravitational field is the spatial consequence of the intrinsic motion of time. Furthermore, time is the active principle of gravity's "location" charge. A "graviton" is a quantum

Gravity and space-time are forever tied. Gravity changes the experience of time and in some instances can warp space-time.

JASONSAUTO
01-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Can someone explain the significance of the incapacitated sister that Faraday left behind in England that Desmond discovered in last night's episode for me?

what made you think that was a sister? i felt as though that was showing us what was happening to faraday's love on the island(nosebleeds)

Buck
01-29-2009, 09:21 AM

I think that it was his girlfriend?

Anyways to me it appeared that Faraday may have gone a little nuts and started experimenting on humans (her) and now she makes regular jumps back and forth between current her and old her. The only reason she is not dying like the rats/Minkowski/Charlotte (assuming shes dead) is because Mr. Widemore is spending a lot of money on technology to keep her alive, either because he feels its partially his fault for funding Faraday's research, or because he will need her to find the island someday.

Maybe a little far fetched, but thats my theory.

JASONSAUTO
01-29-2009, 09:40 AM
I think that it was his girlfriend?

Anyways to me it appeared that Faraday may have gone a little nuts and started experimenting on humans (her) and now she makes regular jumps back and forth between current her and old her. The only reason she is not dying like the rats/Minkowski/Charlotte (assuming shes dead) is because Mr. Widemore is spending a lot of money on technology to keep her alive, either because he feels its partially his fault for funding Faraday's research, or because he will need her to find the island someday.

Maybe a little far fetched, but thats my theory.

CHARLOTTE isnt dead she's on the previews for next week:p

patteeu
01-29-2009, 09:44 AM
what made you think that was a sister? i felt as though that was showing us what was happening to faraday's love on the island(nosebleeds)

I forgot her name so I didn't have a good way to identify her. I called her a sister because she was the sister of the lady who answered the door when Desmond came looking for her.

JASONSAUTO
01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
I forgot her name so I didn't have a good way to identify her. I called her a sister because it was her sister who answered the door with Desmond came looking for her.

got ya. but i thought it was a girlfriend or possibly a student of his.

Stryker
01-29-2009, 09:47 AM
I believe the "Caucasian" baby is Miles.

I think that we are led to believe that "The jewelry store lady" is Farrady's mom - I think it will end up being Julian (sp) the meat market lady that is holding Locke in the coffin for Ben.

Charlotte is either Farrady's daughter of sister. Is the lady in the bed (that Desmond went to see) Farraday's wife?

The primative method of using arrows vs. using the rifles they confiscated from the soldiers they killed is a reflection that Jacob does not like technology - which we already knew.

I love this show!

Buck
01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, last nights episode was pretty much EPIC.

patteeu
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM
got ya. but i thought it was a girlfriend or possibly a student of his.

I think you're right. I didn't mean to suggest that she was *his* sister.

Huffmeister
01-29-2009, 07:50 PM
So what's the logic behind thinking Faraday's captor (the hottie with the rifle) is his mother? I've heard it mentioned, but don't see any reason to make that connection. Did I miss a hint/clue?

Adept Havelock
01-29-2009, 09:02 PM
So what's the logic behind thinking Faraday's captor (the hottie with the rifle) is his mother? I've heard it mentioned, but don't see any reason to make that connection. Did I miss a hint/clue?

The woman with the rifle is "Ellie".

Mrs. Hawking's (of the Church with the old computers and Foucault Pendulum in the basement, and Desmond's big jewelry shopping adventure) first name is Eloise.

DaneMcCloud
01-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Again, another awesome episode.

1. Ellie appears to be working with Ben. That means she's working against Widmore.

2. We now find out how Widmore became to be on the island and that at one point, he was an "Other".

3. We now know why Richard Alpert was seen in the hospital the same day that John Locke was born.

4. "Jacob" has been on the island as long as Richard if not longer.

5. We're seeing the effects of time-travel sickness that affects some people (I assume it's the same sickness that affected Rousseau's crew, which means they traveled through time as well).

6. Faraday meets his mother Ellie on the island.

7. I'm closer and closer to believing that John Locke is indeed Jacob.

8. Penny & Desmond have blonde-haired son named Charlie.

9. I think we've finally discovered the source of the "voices" heard in the jungle. It's our time-traveling Losties.

Stryker
01-30-2009, 06:00 AM

1. Ellie appears to be working with Ben. That means she's working against Widmore.

2. We now find out how Widmore became to be on the island and that at one point, he was an "Other".

3. We now know why Richard Alpert was seen in the hospital the same day that John Locke was born.

5. We're seeing the effects of time-travel sickness that affects some people (I assume it's the same sickness that affected Rousseau's crew, which means they traveled through time as well).

9. I think we've finally discovered the source of the "voices" heard in the jungle. It's our time-traveling Losties.

I think they named him Charlie more out of respect than him ACTUALLY being the Charlie we know.

Stryker
01-30-2009, 06:02 AM
The woman with the rifle is "Ellie".

Mrs. Hawking's (of the Church with the old computers and Foucault Pendulum in the basement, and Desmond's big jewelry shopping adventure) first name is Eloise.

Also since Charles Widmore is there too - then it makes me believe that Faraday's parents are Elle Hawkins and Charles Widmore. This would help to explain why Widmore was funding Farraday with his research.

patteeu
01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Also since Charles Widmore is there too - then it makes me believe that Faraday's parents are Elle Hawkins and Charles Widmore. This would help to explain why Widmore was funding Farraday with his research.

That's a good theory.

BigRedChief
01-30-2009, 06:33 AM
That's a good theory.
This.

Baby Lee
01-30-2009, 07:26 AM
I think they named him Charlie more out of respect than him ACTUALLY being the Charlie we know.

He's not 'Chollie' Charlie, he's his own grandpa.

Red Brooklyn
01-30-2009, 09:25 AM

Interesting. How do you reconcile your 4th point and your 7th point?

Also, I'm hesitant to agree with youre 4th point until we have more information. My gut tells me that you're probably right. Based on Richard's reaction to John saing he wa sent by Jacob, it's a fair assumption. But we dont' know who/what Jacob is, or even IF there really is a Jacob. So I hesitate to agree that this is "known" information. But the evidence is certainly piling up. Good post.

The Rick
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
So, based on everything we know now, any ideas on what the smoke monster is?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 10:43 AM
So, based on everything we know now, any ideas on what the smoke monster is?

I've been thinking about it and it seems to me that it has something to do with time travel. Maybe someone in the future is changing the past by removing those people from the present.

Considering that it appears that all of the events on the island are part of a "loop", the smoke monster might be something (or someone) trying to break the cycle.

That's all I've got at this point.

Buck
01-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Interesting. How do you reconcile your 4th point and your 7th point?

Also, I'm hesitant to agree with youre 4th point until we have more information. My gut tells me that you're probably right. Based on Richard's reaction to John saing he wa sent by Jacob, it's a fair assumption. But we dont' know who/what Jacob is, or even IF there really is a Jacob. So I hesitate to agree that this is "known" information. But the evidence is certainly piling up. Good post.

Holy Shit.

It took me til you posting this, but that makes total sense Dane.

That makes total sense. Locke is currently on the island before 1954, I know this because there is no community set up where there once was, and there are no signs of any ruins, so its not in the future.

Maybe somehow Locke's "spirit" gets connected with the island in the way past and becomes Jacob, while he can still move through time and go other places.

I know that doesn't necessarily make sense, but what does?

Good Catch Dane.

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
dane with the info you keep throwing out i'm beginning to think you just might be an "other":D

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
He's not 'Chollie' Charlie, he's his own grandpa.

Considering we don't know whether or not Desmond and Penny married, it's conceivable at this point to assume that the child took the last name of the mother.

Charles Widmore.

One more note: No character or name is listed on IMDB for the actor(s) that played "Charlie".

JASONSAUTO
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Considering we don't know whether or not Desmond and Penny married, it's conceivable at this point to assume that the child took the last name of the mother.

Charles Widmore.

One more note: No character or name is listed on IMDB for the actor(s) that played "Charlie".

so penny would be charles widmore's mother not daughter?

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 08:32 PM
so penny would be charles widmore's mother not daughter?

Possibly both.

Note the word, possibly.

You never know with Lost.

Stryker
01-30-2009, 08:43 PM

Charles Widmore.

Our survey said...

XXX

I don't buy that. I think that he was named "Charlie" instead of "Charles" for the very reason to distinquish him from Penny's father and back to the respect of Charlie that died with Desmond in the looking glass. That would be too far fetched.

I think the reason IMBD does not have it listed is because he will be back in some form or another in future episodes.

JMO

DaneMcCloud
01-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Our survey said...

XXX

I don't buy that. I think that he was named "Charlie" instead of "Charles" for the very reason to distinquish him from Penny's father and back to the respect of Charlie that died with Desmond in the looking glass. That would be too far fetched.

I think the reason IMBD does not have it listed is because he will be back in some form or another in future episodes.

JMO

Just speculation.

Just as my post was speculation.

And as far as IMDB's concerned, that's not how it works. I know because I'm a member.

Mr. Plow
01-31-2009, 11:06 PM
I have my theories on quite a bit. But it's trapped in my head. I can't put it down in words.

Buck
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok so 2 things are pretty much confirmed.

Charlotte and Miles have spent a pretty decent amount of time on the island. We can tell from the nosebleeds. Juliet has too, but we already knew that.

I think this means Dr. Chang's baby is Miles.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok so 2 things are pretty much confirmed.

Charlotte and Miles have spent a pretty decent amount of time on the island. We can tell from the nosebleeds. Juliet has too, but we already knew that.

I think this means Dr. Chang's baby is Miles.

I respectfully disagree.

The nosebleeds are not an indicator of time spent on the island. The nosebleeds indicate that those particular people have serious problems with the after-effects of time-travel.

Apparently, it affects some people (driving them insane and finally to death) but it doesn't affect others. Hence Daniel's experiments. He doesn't know why it affects some but not others.

The only things confirmed last night are that Jin was inside the "bubble" when the time-shift occurred, so he's not dead, though he is trapped far in the past. We can also safely Danielle Rousseau has been on the island for far, far longer than 17 years.

patteeu
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
We can also safely Danielle Rousseau has been on the island for far, far longer than 17 years.

Why this? Why can't we just assume that Jin was rescued at a point in time 17 years ago?

Buck
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I respectfully disagree.

The nosebleeds are not an indicator of time spent on the island. The nosebleeds indicate that those particular people have serious problems with the after-effects of time-travel.

Apparently, it affects some people (driving them insane and finally to death) but it doesn't affect others. Hence Daniel's experiments. He doesn't know why it affects some but not others.

The only things confirmed last night are that Jin was inside the "bubble" when the time-shift occurred, so he's not dead, though he is trapped far in the past. We can also safely Danielle Rousseau has been on the island for far, far longer than 17 years.

Yeah that was cool to see Jin alive.

I believe Faraday said that he thinks it has to do with how long those people have been on the island.

If you remember in "The Constant", both Desmond and Minkowski had "time travelled" to another time in their head (or whatever happened). Charlotte didn't say anything about her mind going anywhere.

Heres the quote from last night

MILES: Hey. (Sniffles) I just got a nosebleed.

FARADAY: What? When?

MILES: Let's just not freak out the others, okay? Just tell me... why--why her? Why me?

FARADAY: I don't know. Uh, I think it might have something to do with duration of exposure. You know, the amount of time you've spent on the island.

MILES: Doesn't make any sense. Those yahoos have been here for months. I've never been here before two weeks ago.

FARADAY: Are you sure about that?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Why this? Why can't we just assume that Jin was rescued at a point in time 17 years ago?

Rousseau last night was shown as a very, very young girl. She appeared no more than 20 years old. The Rousseau of 2004 was 49.

Something doesn't add up.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
I respectfully disagree.

Pardon me, but I respectfully have to disagree.

While I do agree that the nosebleeds are not necessarily an indication of "time spent on the island", I disagree with the rest of your theory. The nosebleeds are an indication of contact with the island. Everyone's noses will start bleeding eventually. (Except perhaps Faraday's because of the whole constant thing.) Charlotte gets a nosebleed first because she was the first (of our time traveling group) to have contact with the island. Miles was the second, that is why he gets a nosebleed next. Then Juliette and so on. I think they are directly connected. Faraday theorizes the same.

Jin was in the "bubble" but I don't believe he's "trapped" anywhere. I believe he's skipping through time just like the rest of our losties. When the next flash happens he'll shift in time with the others.

Finally, there is absolutely no reason I can see to suggest that Rousseau has been on the island longer than 16 years. I can't imagine what makes you state differently.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Rousseau last night was shown as a very, very young girl. She appeared no more than 20 years old. The Rousseau of 2004 was 49.

how do you know she was 49?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM
how do you know she was 49?

IMDB. She would have been 49 in 2004.

The girl last night was no older than 20 and she certainly wasn't 32 years old.

Adept Havelock
02-05-2009, 04:38 PM

I'd guess that rough living in the jungle for a decade and a half might make you look older than you actually are.

:shrug:

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Pardon me, but I respectfully have to disagree.

While I do agree that the nosebleeds are not necessarily an indication of "time spent on the island", I disagree with the rest of your theory. The nosebleeds are an indication of contact with the island. Everyone's noses will start bleeding eventually. (Except perhaps Faraday's because of the whole constant thing.) Charlotte gets a nosebleed first because she was the first (of our time traveling group) to have contact with the island. Miles was the second, that is why he gets a nosebleed next. Then Juliette and so on. I think they are directly connected. Faraday theorizes the same.

I don't see it that way.

Faraday knew somehow that nosebleeds were an affect of time travel. Juliet has been on the island for quite some time yet her nose didn't bleed until after they'd been shifted through time. Daniel's experiments with rats left them brain damaged and we saw the affects of his experiments on his former girlfriend.

I don't think it has anything to do with the island and everything to do with time-travel.

Guru
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM

The girl last night was no older than 20 and she certainly wasn't 32 years old.Wasn't her daughter only 17 though?

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I'd guess that rough living in the jungle for a decade and a half might make you look older than you actually are.

I could be completely wrong but I think that if the producers wanted us to believe that Rousseau had been on the island for only 17 years, they would have hired an actress more age appropriate (say 30-35).

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Wasn't her daughter only 17 though?

Yes.

My only point is that Rousseau didn't actually know how long she'd been on the island.

Again, I could be completely wrong but I'd be surprised if the producers hired a girl who's age wouldn't jive with the rest of the story without a reason.

Guru
02-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes.

My only point is that Rousseau didn't actually know how long she'd been on the island.

Again, I could be completely wrong but I'd be surprised if the producers hired a girl who's age wouldn't jive with the rest of the story for a reason.completely agree on that. There is a reason they are doing this. I figured she would at least have to be 32 last night for everything to somewhat jive but she certainly only looked around 20-23.

Makes me wonder if she was pregnant more than once on the island. Of course, that doesn't jive either since nobody can get pregnant once on the island.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
completely agree on that. There is a reason they are doing this. I figured she would at least have to be 32 last night for everything to somewhat jive but she certainly only looked around 20-23.

Makes me wonder if she was pregnant more than once on the island. Of course, that doesn't jive either since nobody can get pregnant once on the island.

Maybe she was taken off-island and impregnated.

Guru
02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Maybe she was taken off-island and impregnated.

:shrug:Hopefully next week will help fill that little gap of info. Probably not though. heh:(

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Hopefully next week will help fill that little gap of info. Probably not though. heh:(

Yeah, probably not.

:(

I'm going to watch it again tonight when I workout and I'll do my "Ten Points" thing tomorrow.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't see it that way.

Faraday knew somehow that nosebleeds were an affect of time travel. Juliet has been on the island for quite some time yet her nose didn't bleed until after they'd been shifted through time. Daniel's experiments with rats left them brain damaged and we saw the affects of his experiments on his former girlfriend.

I don't think it has anything to do with the island and everything to do with time-travel.

It certainly has A LOT to do with time travel. The nosebleeds WOULD NOT be happening without the time skipping. You're absolutley right. But the reason it's affecting some people before others has to do with their island history.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM

The girl last night was no older than 20 and she certainly wasn't 32 years old.

Just because the actress is 49 does not mean the character she's playing is 49.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Just because the actress is 49 does not mean the character she's playing is 49.

I don't think it makes any sense to have a 49 year old actress (who's now 54) playing a woman in her early 30's.

Something's amiss.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Rousseau arrived on the island in 1988. The casting call sheet for young Rousseau listed her as 23 years old. She's 23 in 1988 when we see her arrive and meet Jin. 16 years later it's 2004 when flight 815 crashes. That makes the CHARACTER about 39 years old. Makes perfect sense. I don't think anything weird is going on with this part of the story.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Rousseau arrived on the island in 1988. The casting call sheet for young Rousseau listed her as 23 years old. She's 23 in 1988 when we see her arrive and meet Jin. 16 years later it's 2004 when flight 815 crashes. That makes the CHARACTER about 39 years old. Makes perfect sense. I don't think anything weird is going on with this part of the story.

As I've already stated, I could be wrong.

But be that as it may, I don't understand the logic of hiring a 49 year-old actress to play a 39 year old character.

But again, I may be wrong.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
As I've already stated, I could be wrong.

But be that as it may, I don't understand the logic of hiring a 49 year-old actress to play a 39 year old character.

But again, I may be wrong.

fair enough. I don't mean to beat a dead horse. Sorry about that. I was just trying to figure out if I was missing something.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. It'll be a hell of a ride either way.

Buck
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Sun is supposed to be 24 in 2004 and the Actress who portrays her is 35.

Jin is 30 in 2004 and the Actor is 40

Sawyer: 35 / Actor: 39

Hurley: 26 / Actor: 35

Sayid: 37 / Actor: 40

Locke: 48 / Actor: 56

Ben: Late 40's / Actor: 54

Claire: 22 / Actress: 27

Eko: 35 / Actor: 41

Just a reference.

I only did the actors I could find.

Red Brooklyn
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
thanks for posting that BK. That's actually really interesting.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Sun is supposed to be 24 in 2004 and the Actress who portrays her is 35.

Jin is 30 in 2004 and the Actor is 40

Sawyer: 35 / Actor: 39

Hurley: 26 / Actor: 35

Sayid: 37 / Actor: 40

Locke: 48 / Actor: 56

Ben: Late 40's / Actor: 54

Claire: 22 / Actress: 27

Eko: 35 / Actor: 41

Just a reference.

I only did the actors I could find.

Subtract 5 years from those people and you'll get the ages of when they were cast.

Buck
02-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Subtract 5 years from those people and you'll get the ages of when they were cast.

Oh yes, good point.

However, they did know that it would take 5 years for 2 months to pass in the first place. Its sort of the same logic you used for Danielle.

arrowheadnation
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Here are my thoughts on last night's episode that I posted on another forum that I frequent. I didn't even know there were any Lost-heads on CP. I'll start frequenting this thread more often if you'll have me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok....I've collected my thoughts and just got done watching a second time. Here I go...

1. First and foremost, I believe the name of the episode is very significant. "The Little Prince"...........obviously has to be about Aaron. Waaaay too many references to him tonight. He must be the future leader. Jacob's chosen one. Afterall, he's the grandson of Jacob's messenger, Christian Shepard. Ben is either doing Jacob's bidding in bringing back to the island OOOORRRRR.....he's gonna use him as a bargaining chip to get back in Jacob's good graces. This all makes me think this episode is actually a little more important than I thought before.

2. Miles has to be Candle's son. This theory is supported farther tonight when Miles gets a nose bleed. Faraday says it happens to people who've spent a significant time on the island. Significant to me is like many years, not many days. Juliet....bleeding. Charlotte....bleeding. Miles....bleeding. Sawyer.....not bleeding. Hmmmm....Something tells me Miles and Charlotte both grew up on the island.

3. The unknown group chasing them in the raft....your guess is as good as mine. What if it was their future selves chasing them....total mindblow. Juliet may have shot herself. What if it was the O6 who had returned to camp to find their old homies. I don't think this is the case. Captain safety...aka....Jack would not have allowed anyone to fire shots at them....you know how he is.

4. Everything is getting in place for the return to the island. They're all in LA. I'll be interested to see what happens when Penny and Desmond show up and Ben is around. And what do you want to bet they don't all hop the first flight via Ajira Airlines to Mumbai.

5. Who hired that guy to get Sayid?...I said "get" because it was pretty obvious he wasn't trying to kill him....darts ftw.....All signs point to Widmore.

6. I think the end is starting to come into very distant sight. Once the O6 return, I think things are really going to start to pick up.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh yes, good point.

However, they did know that it would take 5 years for 2 months to pass in the first place. Its sort of the same logic you used for Danielle.

Not really, Bro.

Danielle stated that it had been 17 years since that signal was sent. I assumed that her character was near her real age of 49. She's now 54.

We see her daughter, Alex and she's 16 or 17, so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me (and I'm probably blowing this way, way, way, way, way out of proportion) is the girl portraying Alex last night was in her early 20's.

So, either there's something we're missing with the time-line, or maybe we all misinterpreted her when she said "It's been that long" about the signal and that they had been there even longer (maybe it took them 10 or more years to send the message) or I'm flat out off my rocker.

Buck
02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
Here are my thoughts on last night's episode that I posted on another forum that I frequent. I didn't even know there were any Lost-heads on CP. I'll start frequenting this thread more often if you'll have me.

Ok....I've collected my thoughts and just got done watching a second time. Here I go...

1. First and foremost, I believe the name of the episode is very significant. "The Little Prince"...........obviously has to be about Aaron. Waaaay too many references to him tonight. He must be the future leader. Jacob's chosen one. Afterall, he's the grandson of Jacob's messenger, Christian Shepard. Ben is either doing Jacob's bidding in bringing back to the island OOOORRRRR.....he's gonna use him as a bargaining chip to get back in Jacob's good graces. This all makes me think this episode is actually a little more important than I thought before.

Agree 100% with everything you say here. I never thought about it, but after you said it, It makes sense.

2. Miles has to be Candle's son. This theory is supported farther tonight when Miles gets a nose bleed. Faraday says it happens to people who've spent a significant time on the island. Significant to me is like many years, not many days. Juliet....bleeding. Charlotte....bleeding. Miles....bleeding. Sawyer.....not bleeding. Hmmmm....Something tells me Miles and Charlotte both grew up on the island.

Agree 100%

3. The unknown group chasing them in the raft....your guess is as good as mine. What if it was their future selves chasing them....total mindblow. Juliet may have shot herself. What if it was the O6 who had returned to camp to find their old homies. I don't think this is the case. Captain safety...aka....Jack would not have allowed anyone to fire shots at them....you know how he is.

After I saw the Ajira Water bottle in the empty canoe I thought it was the Oceanic Six who had come back, but I don't think they would shoot at anybody. I still am unsure about these people.

4. Everything is getting in place for the return to the island. They're all in LA. I'll be interested to see what happens when Penny and Desmond show up and Ben is around. And what do you want to bet they don't all hop the first flight via Ajira Airlines to Mumbai.

Yes

5. Who hired that guy to get Sayid?...I said "get" because it was pretty obvious he wasn't trying to kill him....darts ftw.....All signs point to Widmore.

Good Question, at first I was thinking that that hitman was connected to whoever was trying to get the blood samples, but then I realized, why would Ben want to hurt Sayid? Maybe he was just trying to knock him out cold so that Sayid couldn't struggle and not come along for the ride, he does seem to Hate Ben now.

6. I think the end is starting to come into very distant sight. Once the O6 return, I think things are really going to start to pick up.

I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

Buck
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Not really, Bro.

Danielle stated that it had been 17 years since that signal was sent. I assumed that her character was near her real age of 49. She's now 54.

We see her daughter, Alex and she's 16 or 17, so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me (and I'm probably blowing this way, way, way, way, way out of proportion) is the girl portraying Alex last night was in her early 20's.

So, either there's something we're missing with the time-line, or maybe we all misinterpreted her when she said "It's been that long" about the signal and that they had been there even longer (maybe it took them 10 or more years to send the message) or I'm flat out off my rocker.

Yeah I don't think that the people died right away. They could have been there for a long time before they sent the signal.

keg in kc
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
That episode bored the hell out of me until the last 5 minutes.

Guru
02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Not really, Bro.

So, either there's something we're missing with the time-line, or maybe we all misinterpreted her when she said "It's been that long" about the signal and that they had been there even longer (maybe it took them 10 or more years to send the message) or I'm flat out off my rocker.you are just off your rockerLMAO

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
you are just off your rockerLMAO

Shhhhh!

Don't tell anyone...

arrowheadnation
02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah one more thing. I don't know if it's been discussed here or not, but the van Ben was driving said Canton-Rainier on the side of it. Decipher the letters and bada-bing, you have Reincarnation! I swear...these are some of the best writers in TV history.

Buck
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah one more thing. I don't know if it's been discussed here or not, but the van Ben was driving said Canton-Rainier on the side of it. Decipher the letters and bada-bing, you have Reincarnation! I swear...these are some of the best writers in TV history.

Thats sort of an old trick though, you know, with the Hoffs-Drawlar Funeral home.

patteeu
02-06-2009, 05:47 AM

Ah, good point.

Adept Havelock
02-06-2009, 06:22 AM

Also, the biblical "Aaron" was the great-great grandson of "Jacob the Shepherd".

Red Brooklyn
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Not really, Bro.

ROFL

Personally, I think you're flat out off your rocker! :p

But I love your conviction and I thinks it's awesome that you're sticking to it. And if you are right I promise I'll be the first to bow to the awesome power that is DaneMcCloud and I'll never doubt you again!

At this point, honestly, I'm almost pulling for you to be right just because you've put so much thought into it. Gotta respect that. :thumb:

Red Brooklyn
02-06-2009, 09:14 AM

Ok....I've collected my thoughts and just got done watching a second time. Here I go....

Good post, by the way and welcome to the discussion! My response is going to be long. Forgive me in advance for the long post, but there's no easy, pithy way to respond to your points. Bear with me...

1. Interesting. I think you're right on about most of this. Clearly Aaron is very important to the whole endgame. I don't think that Ben sicking the lawyer on Aaron has as much to do with Aaron as it does Kate. Ben HAS to get everyone back. He knows Kate has agreed (to a judge) to stay put and has no desire to return to the island. The best way to get her on the run is to go after Aaron. Ben's a smart dude. I do LIKE the idea of Ben using Aaron to get back in Jacob's good graces/back to the island in general. Good thoughts. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

2. Yes. I agree Miles is Pierre Chang's son. I don't know how much growing up he did on the island, though. That's certainly possible. But I took what Faraday said a little differently.... I'll try to explain:

I think Faraday wasn't refering to time spent on the island. He was talking about who has the overall longest history with the island. Everyone will eventually get a nosebleed and be affected by the time jumping if it doesn't stop soon. (Everyone except perhaps Faraday because of the whole constant thing) Sawyer, Rose, Bernard, Locke all of them WILL be affected. Charlotte was affected first, not necessarily because she's spent the most time (in her overall life) on the island but because she was there first. She was the first of our time traveling group to have been on the island in chronological time. Let's say she was born on the island on Jan 1975 (this is a random date, not based on anything, just trying to make a point). Now it's Jan 2005 in chronological island time. So her first entry point onto the island was 30 years ago. Then maybe Miles was born (again just a random example) in Jan of 1976. His first contact with the island was 29 years ago. Both of them could have spent less than a year of their lives living on the island, but Charlotte's nose started bleeding first because her history with the island goes back the furthest. Even if it's just a few years or even months or even days. Does that make sense?

My point is just that Charlotte and Miles, I do agree, were both born there, but they may not have spent a significant chunk of time there. We know Chang is warned of the purge by (presumably) Faraday. Perhaps he sends Miles away when he is still a small baby to "prevent" him from being killed in the purge.

Anyway, I could be wrong. I just wanted to present a possible alternative because I took what Faraday said a little differently. We could both be way off. Even Faraday says he's not sure... so... we'll see. Either way, I agree 100% with your innitial point. Miles = Chang's baby. Definately.

3. Yeah, I have no idea. I also don't think it's the 06. Never thought that it would be themselves! :D That's kinda fun. My first agrument would be, why would they shoot at themselves? But, as we know, once it happens it always happens. It would be interesting to see the scene from the shooters point of view. To watch Faraday or Locke explain that they have to shoot at themselves because that's what happened last time and you can't change it. Could be fun... Somehow though I'm leaning toward the shooters being some other group of people entirely... Can't wait to find out!

4. "And what do you want to bet they don't all hop the first flight via Ajira Airlines to Mumbai." ROFL Absolutely!

The question is if Ben sees Penny will he try to kill her? Will he succeed? Do you think Penny will make through the rest of the show alive?

5. Widmore or perhaps Sun. Maybe both working together as a team? Probably, Widmore...

6. I bet the 06 are back on the island in the next two episodes. We may not see the whole story of how they get back until the end of the season, but I think we will see them back on that island by the end of the next two episodes. That's my prediction.

Good post, my friend. Keep 'em coming. I can't get enough of talking about this show. It just continues to blow my mind...

DaneMcCloud
02-06-2009, 11:48 AM
ROFL

Personally, I think you're flat out off your rocker! :p

But I love your conviction and I thinks it's awesome that you're sticking to it. And if you are right I promise I'll be the first to bow to the awesome power that is DaneMcCloud and I'll never doubt you again!

At this point, honestly, I'm almost pulling for you to be right just because you've put so much thought into it. Gotta respect that. :thumb:

Actually, I think I'm wrong. I re-watched last night and somehow forgot that the young Danielle was pregnant. So, either I'm completely wrong or that baby is not Alex.

I think I'm just wrong.

BigRedChief
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Entertainment Weekly) -- Across the street from a neatly tended cemetery on the island of Oahu, there is a gated lot where the past, present, and future of "Lost" all come together. The Others' submarine, Henry Gale's hot-air balloon, Locke's outrigger -- all beached on the grass like so many Black Rock shipwrecks. <!--startclickprintexclude-->

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript _extended="true"> var CNN_ArticleChanger = new CNN_imageChanger('cnnImgChngr','/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/10/ew.lost/imgChng/p1-0.init.exclude.html',1,1);//CNN.imageChanger.load('cnnImgChngr','imgChng/p1-0.exclude.html');</SCRIPT><!--endclickprintexclude-->And inside a large soundstage, hidden away from prying eyes, "Lost's" iconic castaways are huddled on a top-secret set, trying very hard not to totally spaz out. The action being shot for the year's 12th episode is almost spoilerifically indescribable, but we can report -- perhaps to your great relief -- that most of the gang is back on the Island after an early sweep of time-travel episodes that kept many of them separated by distance and history.

Jack (Matthew Fox) sits tense and terse, dressed as ... uh ... can't say. Sawyer (Josh Holloway) bursts through a door, freaking out over...someone. Someone who is bleeding. A lot. As Kate (Evangeline Lilly) eyeballs both her men, trying as always to decide between them, psychic hustler Miles Straume (Ken Leung) cradles a shotgun while fretting about -- and we think we're getting this right -- the catastrophic collapse of the space-time continuum! (Or maybe he said "the economy." Same difference, though, right?)

No, "Lost" definitely isn't playing it safe, even though it has every reason to do just that. It didn't even try. Instead, "Lost" has opted to start season 5 by baring its potentially alienating geek soul and challenging its audience even more with gonzo storytelling.

Thought the show was confusing before? Try this on for size: Time travel. Quantum physics. Hydrogen bombs. And a "Da Vinci Code"-meets-"Foucault's Pendulum"-meets-"Weekend at Bernie's" conspiracy to save (or destroy) the world, the linchpin of which involves U-Hauling the corpse of John Locke (Terry O'Quinn) back to the Island. Keep it all straight at Entertainment Weekly's "Lost" hub (http://www.ew.com/ew/package/0,,1550612,00.html?cnn=yes)

When the gloriously strange saga of "Lost" finally concludes next year, season 5 is likely to be remembered as the one when the series came out of the closet and declared itself. But here's hoping it doesn't lose everyone in the process: So far this season, "Lost" is averaging 11.3 million viewers, down 3.4 percent from last season, and a far cry from the series-high average of 15.9 million in season 1.
<!--startclickprintexclude-->
But the producers say: Come what may.

"The fear is that 'Lost' just became an AP class, and really, what's one's incentive for taking an AP class?" says exec producer Damon Lindelof. "But the show has gotten to that point where it had to let its freak flag fly. It needed to announce, 'You wanna know what the Island is? You wanna know why these people were brought to the Island? You wanna know what their purpose for being there is? Well, it might be a little weirder than you would've hoped.' "

But is it too weird? "I was a little worried about the start of the season, to be honest," says Lilly, battling back a cold and enjoying some late-afternoon Hawaii sun in between takes. "It might sound terrible to say, but the mythology of this show eludes me. I am all about the characters and the interplay of the relationships and the angst of redemption and retribution -- all those good nuggets."

Her costar Matthew Fox has another, more optimistic take. "It feels very different from what 'Lost' has felt like in the past, but in a really good way," says the actor. "There will be many, many answers, lots of things from past seasons that left the audience thinking, 'That's never going to pay off' -- but it does, in really cool ways that make you go 'Holy s---!' "
Of course, "Lost" has always been pretty off its rocker. Ghosts. Locke's legs. Smokey the monster. Those who've hoped "Lost" would avoid sci-fi answers may have been fooling themselves. "Honestly," says Lindelof, "the non-genre answer just isn't that interesting."

And now it's clear the time-travel element of the Island (beyond just the flashbacks/flash-forwards) has been part of the show from the beginning.
"This season, it's like the audience is finally opening up a present that was actually bought and wrapped years ago," says Lindelof. "At least, we hope they think it's a present."

In other words: The producers have a master plan -- and an exit strategy. But that master plan couldn't be unleashed fully until Lindelof and partner Carlton Cuse negotiated a series end date during season 3. "The same way our characters were sort of locked in cages in season 3, when the show went awry," says Cuse, "we felt locked in cages because we didn't know if our mythology had to go two more years or nine."
Now uncaged, the producers face the challenge of telling their story successfully without unraveling the franchise.

The producers promise an approach to time travel backed by researchable science (Popular Mechanics even has a "Lost" blog analyzing it) and grounded in humanity..

Some cast members have worried that a sci-fi emphasis might compromise the show's identity, limit its possibilities, and make the drama even less accessible to non-geek-minded viewers.

"I'm mixed about it, to be honest," says Daniel Dae Kim, whose presumed-dead Jin was discovered alive and well on a recent episode. "One of the things that attracted me initially to this show was how universal the themes were and how different the kinds of stories it could tell. Now, I feel with the sci-fi we're becoming definable in a way that maybe we weren't in the first season. At the same time, I like how the writers are showing allegiance to the true fans. The people who stayed with us are being rewarded with the more complicated and nuanced storytelling that they've been hungering for."

As for ABC's feelings about "Lost's" dive down the sci-fi rabbit hole, senior VP of current drama programming Kim Rozenfeld says, "There were aspects that were certainly unorthodox, but we were comfortable because we knew how they set up the larger story."

And that story is still capable of addressing very relatable human themes. "Usually in shows, the cliff-hanger is all about who's shacking up with who," says Leung. "On 'Lost,' the cliff-hanger is about the meaning of existence. What does it mean to be alive?"

Lindelof and Cuse are hopeful fans remain enthusiastic. "We feel like the audience will be really clamoring to get back to the Island after these first seven episodes," says Lindelof. "And they'll get a big massive dose of it for pretty much the remainder of the season."

For all the excitement as the series winds down, "Lost" -- brainy, challenging, locked into an evolving, serialized story -- remains a tough choo-choo to jump aboard if you're not already up to speed. Ratings are likely to continue to inch down as opposed to up.
But the producers aren't sweating it.

"For most showrunners, existence is predicat
ed on 'If I get good ratings, I get to keep doing this,' " says Cuse. "But we know 'Lost' is ending, no matter what the ratings are. So we're just trying to make sure that we end the story well and we get it executed on film the way we want it."

Red Brooklyn
02-11-2009, 08:03 AM
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=52800

Full Text below.

** sorry. I've been told this contains spoilers. ** So follow the link if you'd like to check out the article. Be warned there may be slight spoilers.

Buck
02-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Regarding the last 2 posts, they gave away some spoilers. Use spoiler tags next time please.

If you dont know how you put [.spoiler] (without the period) before the text and [./spoiler] (without the period) after the text.

It will look something like this.

LOST IS AWESOME

Red Brooklyn
02-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Regarding the last 2 posts, they gave away some spoilers. Use spoiler tags next time please.

If you dont know how you put [.spoiler] (without the period) before the text and [./spoiler] (without the period) after the text.

It will look something like this.

LOST IS AWESOME

Yeah. Sorry, man. I didn't think there was anything spoilery in the article. But I fixed my post.

BigRedChief
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah. Sorry, man. I didn't think there was anything spoilery in the article. But I fixed my post.
nor in mine

Buck
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
nor in mine

You may not conisder it a spoiler, but in yours it says

most of the gang is back on the island. Since the Oceanic 6 hasn't gone back yet, this would be considered a spoiler.

In RedBrooklyns:

It said that We find out what the monster is, see its lair, and also that Sun is on the island as well as Jin, but not in the same time

Anyways, I'm the biggest whiner when it comes to spoilers so this might not have bothered other people, but I really like going into each episode having no idea what is going to happen.

BigRedChief
02-11-2009, 02:05 PM
You may not conisder it a spoiler, but in yours it says

most of the gang is back on the island. Since the Oceanic 6 hasn't gone back yet, this would be considered a spoiler.

In RedBrooklyns:

It said that We find out what the monster is, see its lair, and also that Sun is on the island as well as Jin, but not in the same time

Anyways, I'm the biggest whiner when it comes to spoilers so this might not have bothered other people, but I really like going into each episode having no idea what is going to happen.
Did anyone doubt that wasn't going to happen?

Baby Lee
02-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Aanyong?

BigRedChief
02-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Nice we get to see the smoke monsters temple. Okay its some ancient thing but where did it come from? Is it the protector of the island?

Now whats with the gigantic polar bear creatures?

Whats the final line that draws all these people together? Why are they all connected? Is that the final episode?

Shag
02-12-2009, 07:36 AM
Aanyong?

ROFL

arrowheadnation
02-12-2009, 07:53 AM
Okey Dokee....here are my thoughts on last night's episode.

1. First off, not a whole lot of things to theorize about compared to a normal episode. This ep. was more about speeding up the pace of the story so they could include both on-island and off-island storylines. That's not to say it didn't leave me with a few questions...

2. What in the hell happened in that temple that caused Russeau's baby daddy to actually go as far as pulling the trigger. He was defending the smoke monster's actions saying that it was protecting the temple. I'm thinking that the smoke monster does not harm the original inhabitants of the island (aka, the others). It protects them. Ben sent his people to "the temple" last season because they would be safe there....meaning if Widmore's soldiers got close, Smokey would go ape shit on them....and he did. I wonder what happens to those people that get sucked down into that hole. I've got to think they're being help captive rather than dead because when the Smoke monster wants to kill, it just up and does it (Ecko/Widmore's soldiers). But we've seen it try to suck people into the hole before. I don't know. I cannot wait for the final explanation on Smokey.

3. Christian Shepard made it known when speaking to Locke that he is unhappy with Ben. This furthers my belief that Ben may use his grandson (Aaron...the little prince) as a bargaining chip to get back in his good graces.

4. Now that Locke has turned the wheel, all of the nosebleeding should stop. Who knew that Charlotte was going to be this huge source of info right before she kicked the bucket? I've hedged my bet for weeks/months that she had spent a long period of time on the island before and for once I was correct.

5. Still on the subject of Charlotte's rambling...we got another in the long line of "OH SHIT!" moments when she said that it was Faraday himself that told her not to come back to the island. All this time traveling is making my head spin.

6. I think it's pretty inevitable now that we will have a Locke/Jack confrontation/heart to heart in the very near future where all the stuff about Christian will be laid out for everybody.

7. How about that pendulum thingy from next week's episode....WOW!

I'm gonna watch the episode a 2nd time today, so I may come back and add more if I catch anything I missed. Overall, in my opinion, the pace of this episode made it one of the best in the 5 season run.

JASONSAUTO
02-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Russeau's baby daddy to actually go as far as pulling the trigger. .

GLAD someone else thought that was her baby daddy, but i thought ben was the father??? remember when the freighter guys killed ben and russo's daughter?

Buck
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Aanyong?

Lol. There were about 8 of us at the viewing party last night, and when that part happened, immediately after she said it, 4 of us replied back. Aanyoung.

arrowheadnation
02-12-2009, 09:06 AM
GLAD someone else thought that was her baby daddy, but i thought ben was the father??? remember when the freighter guys killed ben and russo's daughter?

Ben raised her as his child after the others took her from Russeau. He was not her biological father.

Buck
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Okey Dokee....here are my thoughts on last night's episode.

2. What in the hell happened in that temple that caused Russeau's baby daddy to actually go as far as pulling the trigger. He was defending the smoke monster's actions saying that it was protecting the temple. I'm thinking that the smoke monster does not harm the original inhabitants of the island (aka, the others). It protects them. Ben sent his people to "the temple" last season because they would be safe there....meaning if Widmore's soldiers got close, Smokey would go ape shit on them....and he did. I wonder what happens to those people that get sucked down into that hole. I've got to think they're being help captive rather than dead because when the Smoke monster wants to kill, it just up and does it (Ecko/Widmore's soldiers). But we've seen it try to suck people into the hole before. I don't know. I cannot wait for the final explanation on Smokey.

I think that the smoke Monster tried to pull Locke down there in season 1 because he is "one of the good ones." I think you can only get pulled down there if the Island wants them as one of its own...

JASONSAUTO
02-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Ben raised her as his child after the others took her from Russeau. He was not her biological father.

has that already been covered?

arrowheadnation
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
has that already been covered?

Yeah, it was coverd in the 3rd season. When Kate and Sawyer were locked in the cages, Alex helped them escape and it was revealed that she was Russeau's daughter but that Ben had raised her as his own. Then last week Russeau referred to that French dude as the father of her child.

JASONSAUTO
02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Yeah, it was coverd in the 3rd season. When Kate and Sawyer were locked in the cages, Alex helped them escape and it was revealed that she was Russeau's daughter but that Ben had raised her as his own. Then last week Russeau referred to that French dude as the father of her child.

but IIRC in season three they never said ben wasnt ACTUALLY her dad i could be wrong though. Maybe something is amiss, was actually excited that i mtght have been on to something

Buck
02-12-2009, 09:32 AM
but IIRC in season three they never said ben wasnt ACTUALLY her dad i could be wrong though. Maybe something is amiss, was actually excited that i mtght have been on to something

Technically they never said that, except for when in Season 4, Rousseau slaps Ben when he says "I want my daughter to be safe," and then Rousseau slaps him and says, "She is NOT your Daughter!"

Buck
02-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Oh, and I love the Orchestra on the show.

It makes the show twice as good, making you feel suspense/sadness/hapiness etc...

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh, and I love the Orchestra on the show.

It makes the show twice as good, making you feel suspense/sadness/hapiness etc...

The "Orchestra" is one guy. Michael Giacchino.

He's using a combination of these products to produce the score each week.

http://www.soundsonline.com/EastWest-Quantum-Leap-Symphonic-Orchestra-PLAY-Editions-pr-EW-177.html

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/1343/957.vsl

Buck
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
The "Orchestra" is one guy. Michael Giacchino.

He's using a combination of these products to produce the score each week.

http://www.soundsonline.com/EastWest-Quantum-Leap-Symphonic-Orchestra-PLAY-Editions-pr-EW-177.html

http://vsl.co.at/en/211/1343/957.vsl

http://www.onemanband.org/omb-photo/busker-one-man-band.jpg

Really? Like this guy?

DaneMcCloud
02-12-2009, 01:48 PM
http://www.onemanband.org/omb-photo/busker-one-man-band.jpg

Really? Like this guy?

ROFL

Not quite.

arrowheadnation
02-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Have you guys seen this? They showed this at the LOST panel at Comic Con 08. The producers said we have seen the guy behind the camera before. The baby crying is most likely Miles. This show just gets crazier and crazier.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdWLYVRiin8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdWLYVRiin8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Red Brooklyn
02-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Have you guys seen this? They showed this at the LOST panel at Comic Con 08. The producers said we have seen the guy behind the camera before. The baby crying is most likely Miles. This show just gets crazier and crazier.

Someone posted this in this thread awhile back. Great clip. I love it. I'm betting that the voice behind the camera is Faraday. Sounds just like him to me and it makes sense given what we see in the season premiere.

I love this show.

Ari Chi3fs
02-15-2009, 02:14 AM
From LostPedia:

Pierre Chang/Marvin Candle/Halliwax could be one of the losties... all those name changes... what if he was an aged Miles or Jin... the time changes have yet to be fully explored. so we don't know all the details so everything is a wild guess... Another theory I have is that the baby could be Jin, since we know he was adopted, and the father is assumed to be the fisherman's but he did not know for sure, could explain why he was unable to conceive a child OFF the island.

Rausch
02-15-2009, 05:55 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdWLYVRiin8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdWLYVRiin8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Perhaps this is unrelated but that clip reminds me of the end/theme of Prince Of Darkness where a message was sent back in time via tacheons/tacheon signal.

There's that, and even though the show has played out with the idea of a possible paradox the writers clearly seem up on their physics. Current quantum physics and string theory/m theory would dismiss the idea that traveling to the past would trigger a paradox or change any future event. Today most believe in a multiverse.

So are our characters jumping from one timeline/universe to another? Are they jumping in not only time and space but "realities?"

Could some of the characters like Jack's dad be alive and well on the island because they aren't dead in the "other" timeline and have knowledge of what's going to happen?

Guru
02-15-2009, 08:17 AM
From LostPedia:

Pierre Chang/Marvin Candle/Halliwax could be one of the losties... all those name changes... what if he was an aged Miles or Jin... the time changes have yet to be fully explored. so we don't know all the details so everything is a wild guess... Another theory I have is that the baby could be Jin, since we know he was adopted, and the father is assumed to be the fisherman's but he did not know for sure, could explain why he was unable to conceive a child OFF the island.His nose would be bleeding then. IMO

Buck
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
From LostPedia:

Pierre Chang/Marvin Candle/Halliwax could be one of the losties... all those name changes... what if he was an aged Miles or Jin... the time changes have yet to be fully explored. so we don't know all the details so everything is a wild guess... Another theory I have is that the baby could be Jin, since we know he was adopted, and the father is assumed to be the fisherman's but he did not know for sure, could explain why he was unable to conceive a child OFF the island.

Sorry but thats one of the stupidest theories I've heard.

Chang doesn't look anything like Miles or Jin.

Guru
02-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Alright this episode is pissing me off. I have my finger on something and can't figure out what it is damnit.

arrowheadnation
02-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok....after collecting my thoughts. Here are a few theories I have spurred by this episode.

1. Since, this flight was supposed to mimic the Oceanic Flight, the Indian fellow that expressed his condolences had to have taken the place of someone at the ticket counter in Sydney that interacted with Jack. If I remember right, Ana Lucia offered him condolences in Sydney. Same goes with Sayid and his captor and Kate and her captor on 815.

2. After hearing Jack speak to his grandfather about putting the white shoes on Christian's body, it all dawned on me. Just as in "The White Rabbit" when Jack noticed his father on the beach in the white shoes, once Locke's body is returned to the island, he will become an omniscient being like that of Christian and Jacob. He will be one of the true protectors of the island.

3. I think it's all cyclical. I say there were people on flight 815 "going back" as well. Christian Shepherd was the omniscient being on that flight...like Locke is on the Ajira flight.

4. It's pretty obvious that they've landed in the 60's prior to "the purge." I wonder if the rest of them will have to help Ben kill the Dharma workers.

5. It's evident to me from the previews for next week that Kate went and saw Ben. He offered protection for Aaron (LIES). In return she had to go back to the island.

6. So now Ben will have his bargaining chip. He now has "the prince" (the name of the ep. two weeks ago centering on Aaron) in his possession.

7. I think Widmore had goons watching Penny from afar. When Ben went for the kill, they jacked him up.

8. Also noticed that Lepidus didn't do anything to veer the plane off its course after speaking to Jack about "where" they were going. It's like he pretty much just accepted what was going to happen.

That's all for now. I'll probably think of more.

thurman merman
02-18-2009, 10:10 PM
tonight was the best episode in a LONG time. nice to actually have the story revolving around some of the original characters, rather than lame new goons like daniel and charlotte.

Guru
02-18-2009, 10:15 PM
The island did what it had to to get the pilot back since he was originally supposed to be on Flight 815.

rad
02-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Pretty interesting twist with Jin at the end.

Guru
02-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Pretty interesting twist with Jin at the end.It will be interesting to find out exactly WHEN they are. Also, where are Sun, Ben and Syid. (sp)

Frazod
02-18-2009, 10:30 PM
The island did what it had to to get the pilot back since he was originally supposed to be on Flight 815.

Frank is cool - I hope he survived... whatever it was.

"We're not going to Guam, are we?" LMAO

rad
02-18-2009, 10:32 PM
It will be interesting to find out exactly WHEN they are. Also, where are Sun, Ben and Syid. (sp)

...and Locke. Lepidus too if the island snatched him too.

Buck
02-18-2009, 11:39 PM
Why the fuck were they taking Sayid to Guam?

That doesn't make sense to me.