PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

mikeyis4dcats.
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats! And tell that kid to stay put!!:)

Speaking of... has anyone heard a reason given why the show will end on a Sunday instead of it's regular Tuesday timeslot?

more of a "special event" and higher ad rates

mikeyis4dcats.
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
times when DVR is a god send

yeah, we have Tivo, but I'm guessing I won't really be able to watch tv uninterrupted for a week or two.

cookster50
02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
yeah, we have Tivo, but I'm guessing I won't really be able to watch tv uninterrupted for a week or two.

Dude, try F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

Mr. Plow
02-04-2010, 06:15 PM

It'll be easier to get things like tv watching done when the baby is first born. All they do is eat, sleep, poop, sleep, poop, eat & poop, sleep, and poop again. It's not until they get older that you have to start watching tv after everyone is fast asleep.

The Rick
02-04-2010, 10:32 PM
It'll be easier to get things like tv watching done when the baby is first born. All they do is eat, sleep, poop, sleep, poop, eat & poop, sleep, and poop again. It's not until they get older that you have to start watching tv after everyone is fast asleep.

HA! That's exactly where we are now. My kids are 6, 2, and 1. TV time doesn't START until 9:00!

Buck
02-06-2010, 10:36 AM
LooK at the date next to the signature does it say 07? You spoiler folk don't answer please.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f138/mattdayjr/70112c08.jpg

Frazod
02-06-2010, 10:56 AM
LooK at the date next to the signature does it say 07? You spoiler folk don't answer please.

Looks like "2/14/04" to me.

Buck
02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Looks like "2/14/04" to me.

2 things the original flight was 9/22/04.

The 4 in the 14 doesn't look anything like the 7 (or the 2nd 4).

Red Brooklyn
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
honestly... what I see is : 0/09/04. Which doesn't make sense. I'm guessing though that the date is written in the European way dd/mm/yy. As opposed to the way we do it here mm/dd/yy.

ultimately, I'm sure it doesn't really matter. there are all kinds of weird prop errors in the show. It's probably hard to read by design.

Buck
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Also this is an Iranian pasport, not an Iraqi one.

patteeu
02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
Can I make a request that no spoiler info from any future episodes makes its way into this thread, spoiler tags or not?

I thought you were using the spoiler tag for the benefit of people who didnt watch tonights episode yet.

I dont think spoilers for future episodes have any place in this thread.

This thread is filled with speculation about future episodes, some of it better quality than others. There aren't any true spoilers out there that don't make it into this speculative grist mill in one form or another.

patteeu
02-09-2010, 11:54 AM
I also don't really like the new "others" in the temple. C'mon how many groups of people are we going to discover on the island? These new others are some great keepers of island knowledge - the bath, Jacob, etc., but they didn't notice the flash when the bomb went off, or know that Jack, et al blew the island up years before?

The bomb didn't go off in this timeline. In the alt timeline where the bomb went off, the island is submerged.

irishjayhawk
02-09-2010, 02:48 PM
The bomb didn't go off in this timeline. In the alt timeline where the bomb went off, the island is submerged.

Correct. Also, the temple was referenced numerous times in previous seasons.

Rausch
02-10-2010, 12:23 AM

There is no "ALT" timeline.

There is only 1 timeline and how it's "perceived."

Guru
02-10-2010, 01:16 AM

There is only 1 timeline and how it's "perceived."In a TV Guide article with the writers they confirmed two timelines.

irishjayhawk
02-10-2010, 05:48 AM

There is only 1 timeline and how it's "perceived."

Sliding Doors is how they've described it. Personally, I think it's what's happening in the future once they do something on the Island.

Mac on LOST? World esploded.

Also, Claire with rifle and ruffled look on the Island?

BigRedChief
02-10-2010, 07:30 AM
Sliding Doors is how they've described it. Personally, I think it's what's happening in the future once they do something on the Island.

Also, Claire with rifle and ruffled look on the Island?We still don't know how the numbers fit into the plot line for all these years. And wheres Walt? I thought he was key to the island?

tymania
02-10-2010, 08:55 AM
We still don't know how the numbers fit into the plot line for all these years. And wheres Walt? I thought he was key to the island?

I don’t think the numbers have any relevance anymore.. I think there were numbers made up by the Dharma, to keep the magnetic field under control.. at that’s it.. the whole Hurley and the numbers and them being cursed and yada yada just made for another “ERRRR” moment in LOST..

Miles
02-10-2010, 09:00 AM

He should have used some of his karate moves.

The Rick
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Loved how Ethan (that was his name, right?) ended up being Claire's doctor in the hospital in the alternate timeline. He was an "Other", so that just opened up a whole other can of worms...

Also, with Claire blurting out the name "Aaron" for the baby, it's clear now that in the alternate timeline, they are sort of having "deja vu" type moments.

KingPriest2
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
I don’t think the numbers have any relevance anymore.. I think there were numbers made up by the Dharma, to keep the magnetic field under control.. at that’s it.. the whole Hurley and the numbers and them being cursed and yada yada just made for another “ERRRR” moment in LOST..

Wrong The numbers are important DAmon and Carlton stated this. How many people did Jacob visit? 6 how many numbers are there? 6 Count on it he numbers are re;ated to them some how

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Wrong The numbers are important DAmon and Carlton stated this. How many people did Jacob visit? 6 how many numbers are there? 6 Count on it he numbers are re;ated to them some how

Yea they also said the numbers would come back into play this season.

tymania
02-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Yea they also said the numbers would come back into play this season.

okay well that will be interesting to see how that all ties in then..

tymania
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
i wonder what the so called infection is, that Claire and Sayid have?!?

Also, what do you think they were hiding from Kate and Jin when they started to talk about russo(the french woman) ?

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Did Kate effectively "choose" Sawyer over Jack last night by leaving the temple?

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 09:47 AM
i wonder what the so called infection is, that Claire and Sayid have?!?

Also, what do you think they were hiding from Kate and Jin when they started to talk about russo(the french woman) ?
My impression was that they were hiding... well... Claire. Basically, Kate and Jin think it's the Danielle's trap. The one Other says, "can't be, she's been gone for years. It must be -" then Mac says "shut up!" (obviously, I'm super-paraphrasing). But, I think he was going to say that it can't be Danielle's trap it must be the other girl, it must be Claire's trap. I don't think they're hiding any info or whatever about Danielle. I think the writer's just wanted to keep Claire's presence/role a secret until the end of the episode.

Which is interesting. Because Claire is sort of the new Danielle. I wonder if she (Claire) also thinks The Others have stolen her baby... :hmmm:

The infection seems to be the same thing that got Danielle's team. We know Smokey pulled them into the Temple wall, and they came out infected. So... perhaps the infection is connected to Smokey?

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Did Kate effectively "choose" Sawyer over Jack last night by leaving the temple?
I don't know if she effectively chose him just by leaving the Temple. I believe she really does want to find Claire, and she wants Sawyer's help. However, her reaction to Sawyer & the shoe box as well as her behavior on the pier leads me to believe that she had chosen Sawyer.

What do you wanna bet she ends up w/ Jack in one timeline and Sawyer in the othe? :)

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 10:01 AM
I don't know if she effectively chose him just by leaving the Temple. I believe she really does want to find Claire, and she wants Sawyer's help. However, her reaction to Sawyer & the shoe box as well as her behavior on the pier leads me to believe that she had chosen Sawyer.

What do you wanna bet she ends up w/ Jack in one timeline and Sawyer in the othe? :)

I just assumed that she choose Sawyer when she said she was not going back to the temple - but who knows. I bet you are right though, she'll more than likely end up with one in each timeline.

I think when she saw Sawyer and the shoe box, she finally realized that he did really love Juliet.

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:04 AM
My impression was that they were hiding... well... Claire. Basically, Kate and Jin think it's the Danielle's trap. The one Other says, "can't be, she's been gone for years. It must be -" then Mac says "shut up!" (obviously, I'm super-paraphrasing). But, I think he was going to say that it can't be Danielle's trap it must be the other girl, it must be Claire's trap. I don't think they're hiding any info or whatever about Danielle. I think the writer's just wanted to keep Claire's presence/role a secret until the end of the episode.

Which is interesting. Because Claire is sort of the new Danielle. I wonder if she (Claire) also thinks The Others have stolen her baby... :hmmm:

The infection seems to be the same thing that got Danielle's team. We know Smokey pulled them into the Temple wall, and they came out infected. So... perhaps the infection is connected to Smokey?

I did think the Parallels between Danielle and Claire were interesting... I was like ERRR Claire is a marksman.

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if the Man in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..
And the infection hadn’t killed Claire yet?! I know we don’t know the time line with that but from what I remember Danielle’s Team all ended up dying within two weeks or something like that

Brock
02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
So Claire has basically become Rousseau.

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I just assumed that she choose Sawyer when she said she was not going back to the temple - but who knows. I bet you are right though, she'll more than likely end up with one in each timeline.

I think when she saw Sawyer and the shoe box, she finally realized that he did really love Juliet.

she will go back to Jack and then back to Sawyer a few more times before its all said and done.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 10:08 AM
I did think the Parallels between Danielle and Claire were interesting... I was like ERRR Claire is a marksman.

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if the Man in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..
And the infection hadn’t killed Claire yet?! I know we don’t know the time line with that but from what I remember Danielle’s Team all ended up dying within two weeks or something like that

Didn't Russo kill all of them?

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Maybe the infection is connected to Smokey.. but when did Sayid come in contact with it? At first I thought there were testing him to see if Tony Orlando and Dawn in Black or some other evil had taken over his body..

i dont know whats going on but that whole Tony Orlando part i didnt type.. its like it is replacing my posts with text from some one else posting at the same time.... WEIRD

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Didn't Russo kill all of them?

yes bc they were infected.. how she could tell they were infected i dont know

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 10:20 AM
yes bc they were infected.. how she could tell they were infected i dont know

I was saying that the infection doesn't "kill" them, but changes them. So the infection wouldn't have killed Claire.

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I was saying that the infection doesn't "kill" them, but changes them. So the infection wouldn't have killed Claire.

got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that Dogen wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 10:36 AM
got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that Dogen wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

I'd lean toward killing him after seeing how he reacted when Jack took it, but who knows. Every time I start thinking I've got something figured out, it's actually the complete opposite of what I thought.

In this example, I say the pill would kill him. It will more than likely turn out that the pill will save Sayid, but would have killed Jack.

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:42 AM
In this example, I say the pill would kill him. It will more than likely turn out that the pill will save Sayid, but would have killed Jack.

Thats what i was kinda thinking.. but like you said who knows, once you think you have something figured out it ends up being the exact opposite..

How many episodes is the final season? 16?

tymania
02-10-2010, 10:45 AM
got ya.. Do you think that Poison pill that TIM-MAY!en wanted to give Sayid would have killed him? or was it a remedy?

Dude this is starting to piss me off... I did not type "TIM-MAY!" i typed in "Dogen"... WTF is goin on!?!

Once again it happened and i cannot edit it.. WTF!!!

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Dude this is starting to piss me off... I did not type "TIM-MAY!" i typed in "Dogen"... WTF is goin on!?!

Once again it happened and i cannot edit it.. WTF!!!

LMAO

I'm not sure what's going on - but you can see in my quote of your post that it was correct the first time and changed sometime after.

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
LMAO

I'm not sure what's going on - but you can see in my quote of your post that it was correct the first time and changed sometime after.

everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. DOGEN

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 11:03 AM
everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. DOGEN

It didn't that time. That would be a word filter they have set up here, but it is changing it after the fact.....or maybe it's because you aren't using the "Full Featured (Unfiltered) mode".

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 11:14 AM
everytime i use a certain name like D O G E N.. it does it.. watch.. TIM-MAY!EN
I noticed it yesterday. Anytime I typed in P E Y T O N M A N N I N G it replaced it with Tony Orlando and Dawn.... I don't know man... but it's weird. And a little annoying. And probably not as funny as something thinks it is.:p

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
i dont know.. it never use to do this.. whatev not that big of a deal i guess

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:17 AM
I noticed it yesterday. Anytime I typed in P E Y T O N M A N N I N G it replaced it with Tony Orlando and Dawn.... I don't know man... but it's weird. And a little annoying. And probably not as funny as something thinks it is.:p

It has to be some sort of glitch on CP.. but it does get a little annoying..

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 11:22 AM
also... I'm so curious about this infection. I feel like the infection takes over dead bodies, not living ones. For example... Sayid can't be "claimed" as he's dying. Once he's dead though his body is up for grabs. Something/one "claims" him and brings him (seemingly) back to life.

If that's true, we can conclude that Claire must have died in New Otherton when her house blew up and she was "claimed" back and brought back to life. Probably by Christian/Smokey (???)

If that's true, it begs the question whether or not both the light and dark sides can "claim" people. And it helps explain why Amy was so insistant that they bury her husbands body back in S5. Did she know what happens to dead bodies that go unburied? I don't know... could be...

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:29 AM
also... I'm so curious about this infection. I feel like the infection takes over dead bodies, not living ones. For example... Sayid can't be "claimed" as he's dying. Once he's dead though his body is up for grabs. Something/one "claims" him and brings him (seemingly) back to life.

If that's true, we can conclude that Claire must have died in New Otherton when her house blew up and she was "claimed" back and brought back to life. Probably by Christian/Smokey (???)

If that's true, it begs the question whether or not both the light and dark sides can "claim" people. And it helps explain why Amy was so insistant that they bury her husbands body back in S5. Did she know what happens to dead bodies that go unburied? I don't know... could be...

Claire's house blew up???

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Claire's house blew up???
The house she's living in at the barracks w/ Locke & Co. When Keamy and the mercenaries on the freighter attack the island to try and take Ben Linus captive, they attack the barracks. A grenade or something blows up the house Claire is in. Sawyer digs through the rubble and takes her back to the house Ben and Locke and Miles are in.

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:41 AM
The house she's living in at the barracks w/ Locke & Co. When Keamy and the mercenaries on the freighter attack the island to try and take Ben Linus captive, they attack the barracks. A grenade or something blows up the house Claire is in. Sawyer digs through the rubble and takes her back to the house Ben and Locke and Miles are in.

aaahhhh i completely forgot about that

tymania
02-10-2010, 11:50 AM

remember when Locke saw her in Jacob's cabin when he was talkin to Christian.. do you think that was really her?

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 12:01 PM
remember when Locke saw her in Jacob's cabin when he was talkin to Christian.. do you think that was really her?
That is one of my biggest Claire questions. At this point, I do think it was really her. Especially after last night's episode. I think the "darkness" "claimed" her and used Smokey/Christian as a means to lure her... but, for what... I don't know.

I really want to know what happened to Claire between seeing her in the cabin and seeing her all Rousseau/Rambo in the jungle.

I'm also curious if one can be "un-claimed" without being killed.... ???

arrowheadnation
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

This is correct. It's my belief that the numbers correspond to a person on an alphabetical list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM
This is correct. It's my belief that each of the people that Jacob visited were perhaps part of an alphabetical list and that the numbers correspond to each persons position on the list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard
:hmmm:

That's kinda cool... I would have never really thought of it in those terms before. I like that.

Did any of you inquiring about the numbers participate in the first "LOST Experience"? It was during the hiatus between S2 and S3 (IIRC). If you haven't seen what was learned from it, you might want to check it out. There was a lot of information given about the numbers.

Of course, it wasn't presented "in-show", so many don't consider it cannon... but, still it's interesting. I tried to avoid reading it for a long time because I didn't want to spoil any answers that might be given on the show. But I caved... so... read at your own risk.

tymania
02-10-2010, 12:14 PM
:hmmm:

That's kinda cool... I would have never really thought of it in those terms before. I like that.

Did any of you inquiring about the numbers participate in the first "LOST Experience"? It was during the hiatus between S2 and S3 (IIRC). If you haven't seen what was learned from it, you might want to check it out. There was a lot of information given about the numbers.

Of course, it wasn't presented "in-show", so many don't consider it cannon... but, still it's interesting. I tried to avoid reading it for a long time because I didn't want to spoil any answers that might be given on the show. But I caved... so... read at your own risk.
what is the LOST experience?

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
This is correct. It's my belief that each of the people that Jacob visited were perhaps part of an alphabetical list and that the numbers correspond to each persons position on the list. (15 and 16 would be Jin and Sun...same last name)

4. Kate Austin
8. Sayid Jerrah
15. Jin Kwon
16. Sun Kwon
23. Jugo Reyes
42. Jack Shepard

Didn't Jacob visit Sawyer as well? I think as a young boy....shortly after his parents died.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM

This.

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 12:41 PM

This.

http://www.thelostexperience.com/

arrowheadnation
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Didn't Jacob visit Sawyer as well? I think as a young boy....shortly after his parents died.

I need to clarify... I meant to say the all the people on the plane or perhaps a totally separate list altogether. Like a list of the descendants of Jacob. Anywho...I'm fairly sure that 15 and 16 pertain to Jin and Sun (or possibly Rose and Bernard...but I'd bet my left nut it's Jin and Sun). The other names I just threw in there as place holders.

tymania
02-10-2010, 01:00 PM
This.

ROFL never heard of it

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 01:06 PM
ROFL never heard of it

Neither had I. I'm looking through the site now over lunch.

tymania
02-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Neither had I. I'm looking through the site now over lunch.

me too.. seems decent enough. Lots of good food for thought

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
During the hiatus between S2 and S3 the producers and ABC launched a sort of viral mini online game called The LOST Experience. Check out the link Mr. Plow posted. Or check out wikipedia or lostpedia for more info.

It was just a game, for fun, to kill time during the off season. They have tried other such games between the various seasons. Some people don't consider the info in them to be "cannon" or "official" because they aren't a part of the show proper.

Damon and Carlton have said that The LOST Experience was a way to get hardcore fans info that may not fit into the final story arch.

CARLTON CUSE: "We sort of felt like the [LOST] Experience was a way for us to get out mythologies that we would never get to in the show. I mean, because this is mythology that doesn’t have an effect on the character’s lives or existence on the island. We created it for purposes of understanding the world of the show but it was something that was always going to be sort of below the water, sort of the iceberg metaphor, and the [LOST] Experience sort of gave us a chance to reveal it."

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Lost_Experience

So, I'd say it's pretty "official" information (which is why I caution that it maybe considered "spoiler" info). However, I for one, really hope some of what we learned in the LE makes it into the show proper before all is said and done.

JASONSAUTO
02-10-2010, 01:39 PM

wasnt it right at the funeral

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
wasnt it right at the funeral
Yep. Visited him at the funeral, and gave him the pen so he could finish writing his letter.

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Hey Buck...

Noticed something in last nights episode that might tie into this.... I'm having a hard time posting pics, but if you follow the link:

http://www.jeff-fischer.net/?p=3173&page=2

You'll see a picture of Claire's sonogram from last nights episode. Look at the date in the upper right hand corner.... a prop mishap? Or confirmation on when the Sideways Timeline is taking place??

tymania
02-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey Buck...

Noticed something in last nights episode that might tie into this.... I'm having a hard time posting pics, but if you follow the link:

You'll see a picture of Claire's sonogram from last nights episode. Look at the date in the upper right hand corner.... a prop mishap? Or confirmation on when the Sideways Timeline is taking place??

that is very interesting.. if i had to guess its a prop mishap.. but if it isnt that would mean flight 815 in the flash sideways, happened a month later than flight 815 that crashed on the island.. :hmmm:

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey Buck...

http://www.jeff-fischer.net/images/images_lost/s6/sonogram_resize.jpg

Mr. Plow
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM

Found this little piece of info clear at the bottom of the 3rd page....

Dogen is seen spinning a baseball on his desk. A baseball has 108 double stiches. [Lostpedia (http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/What_Kate_Does)] (4 8 15 16 23 42 = 108)

tymania
02-10-2010, 03:37 PM

HA the D O G E N thing happened to you too.. and that baseball stiches thing is kinda crazy..

Red Brooklyn
02-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks for posting that pic, Mr. Plow. I don't know why I have such trouble doing that...
I thought that was also really interesting. And here's a little something else from lostpedia on the subject:

"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: TIM-MAY!en has a baseball placed on his desk. In the TV series DS9, Benjamin Sisko, the commander of the station, used to have a baseball prominently placed on his desk throughout the entire run of the show. In the pilot episode, he used the baseball as a metaphor to explain the nature of linear time to the inhabitants of the wormhole, who experienced time all at once. (TV) "

oldandslow
02-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I am really interested in knowing how they "knew" Sayid was infected from the electric torture/burn.

If you remember Danielle did the same thing to Sayid (the electricity anyway) in season 1 and she determined he was not infected. Now, it's been determined by the Others that he is. So what was the difference in Sayid? If we could figure out the difference between Sayid's "questioning" by the Others and his "questioning" by Danielle, we would have the answer.

Brock
02-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Infected by the unclean water in the spring, I guess?

Rausch
02-11-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm hoping it's still Sayid.

He and Locke were my favorites on the show and if they're both "compromised" I'm just tuning in just to stare at Kate...

oldandslow
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM

He and Locke were my favorites on the show and if they're both "compromised" I'm just tuning in just to stare at Kate...

Kate is pretty, but Claire is absolutely stunning, imo. And I usually prefer dark hair.

BigRedChief
02-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I am really interested in knowing how they "knew" Sayid was infected from the electric torture/burn.

If you remember Danielle did the same thing to Sayid (the electricity anyway) in season 1 and she determined he was not infected. Now, it's been determined by the Others that he is. So what was the difference in Sayid? If we could figure out the difference between Sayid's "questioning" by the Others and his "questioning" by Danielle, we would have the answer.Danielle's torture Sayid was a bad azz. The others torture he was a normal sniveling don't do this man?

Red Brooklyn
02-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Danielle's torture Sayid was a bad azz. The others torture he was a normal sniveling don't do this man?
That's a really interesting observation. It hadn't crossed my mind while watching, but yeah. Good call.

Is that really so bad? Kate's gorgeous! :p

Chiefnj2
02-11-2010, 10:14 AM

I think it was poison, but it all goes back to the theme that things have to be done voluntarily or with free will/choice. Ghengis Khan could have killed Sayid while torturing him. Instead he had to give the pill to Jack so Sayid could take it voluntarily.

I think that is part of the reason why they let Sawyer walk away so easily. He didn't really want to be there and Kate said she could get him back on his own free will.

Mr. Plow
02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I think it was poison, but it all goes back to the theme that things have to be done voluntarily or with free will/choice. Ghengis Khan could have killed Sayid while torturing him. Instead he had to give the pill to Jack so Sayid could take it voluntarily.

I think that is part of the reason why they let Sawyer walk away so easily. He didn't really want to be there and Kate said she could get him back on his own free will.

Think back to the conversation Hugo had with Jacob in the cab and the conversation between Ben & Jacob in the statue......"You have a choice" was the main theme - I think he couldn't force them to do anything they didn't want to.

keg in kc
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure why, but I'm developing an even greater sense that they're just making shit up as they go along this year than I already had. Even though I know they had everything laid out years ago. I'll keep watching until the end, I mean I'm this many years in so why stop, but so far this season's not doing much for me.

L.A. Chieffan
02-11-2010, 11:41 PM
was this the first episode that mack was in? i dont remember him in the other episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck
02-11-2010, 11:49 PM
was this the first episode that mack was in? i dont remember him in the other episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Naw he was guarding Room 23 when they rescue Karl.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 07:54 AM
I'm not sure why, but I'm developing an even greater sense that they're just making shit up as they go along this year than I already had. Even though I know they had everything laid out years ago. I'll keep watching until the end, I mean I'm this many years in so why stop, but so far this season's not doing much for me.They have said on numerous occasions that before they actually wrote the first episode they had an ending for the story. They may have winged it as they went along during the story arc but the the story arc's were set before the first episode aired. Or so they say...

tymania
02-12-2010, 08:00 AM
They have said on numerous occasions that before they actually wrote the first episode they had an ending for the story. They may have winged it as they went along during the story arc but the the story arc's were set before the first episode aired. Or so they say...

i would agree, they would at least have to have some sort of idea of direction they want to go.. i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what not

Huffmeister
02-12-2010, 08:14 AM
i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what notI agree. I've always felt that "leave it to the audience's imagination" was a cop out. It's ok for small things, like the reference to Han Solo's run-in with a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell. But for something big like a series finale (ala Sopranos), it's just lazy writing. Your basically saying "I wrote this complex tapestry of a story, and I have no idea how to wrap it up."

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
i just hope end doesnt it like the Sopranos.. Leaving you to decide what happens and what notIt was great up to 5 seconds before the end. Either show him getting whacked or just show another normal day in his life, eating dinner out with the family. The story continues on....But don't leave people guessing which one it was.

That was one of the biggest cop outs evah. Lame azz BS.

tymania
02-12-2010, 08:26 AM
It was great up to 5 seconds before the end. Either show him getting whacked or just show another normal day in his life, eating dinner out with the family. The story continues on....But don't leave people guessing which one it was.

Yea i was pissed, they had the Journey song going and i was like alllright here it comes he is gonna finally get whacked... and then BLACK.. F THAT, i was soo mad!

Baby Lee
02-12-2010, 10:50 AM
It was great up to 5 seconds before the end. Either show him getting whacked or just show another normal day in his life, eating dinner out with the family. The story continues on....But don't leave people guessing which one it was.

The more time passes, the more I LOVE the ending of The Sopranos. First off, you may have forgotten, but we were dropped into Tony's life just as abruptly at the start of the series with some unknown guy who sees some ducks in his back yard pool and has a panic attack. Second, that build with no payoff left us with what I envision as the underlying unease of the entirety of Tony's existence. It encapsulated the themes of the show in just a few moments. His life centers around his immediate family [with whom he's having a meal] but they're in the position they're in [wealthy, lots of options for their futures] because of Tony's 'business' and Tony bears the weight of the shadier sides of said business alone as there are dangers and threats all around him that he can't even reveal to his family. So he goes through life looking out for the bullet to the brainpan while trying to pretend he's just a husband and father. And with that ending, he's forever in that moment for us, just as he's forever in that moment in his own life.

L.A. Chieffan
02-12-2010, 10:56 AM
The more time passes, the more I LOVE the ending of The Sopranos. First off, you may have forgotten, but we were dropped into Tony's life just as abruptly at the start of the series with some unknown guy who sees some ducks in his back yard pool and has a panic attack. Second, that build with no payoff left us with what I envision as the underlying unease of the entirety of Tony's existence. It encapsulated the themes of the show in just a few moments. His life centers around his immediate family [with whom he's having a meal] but they're in the position they're in [wealthy, lots of options for their futures] because of Tony's 'business' and Tony bears the weight of the shadier sides of said business alone as there are dangers and threats all around him that he can't even reveal to his family. So he goes through life looking out for the bullet to the brainpan while trying to pretend he's just a husband and father. And with that ending, he's forever in that moment for us, just as he's forever in that moment in his own life.

This. All the way this. Although honestly, I thought it was great from the beginning. If he got shot on screen or arrested or anything else for that matter, most of us would have put T behind and us and never looked back. How many shows end the way it did? The genius of the ending is that we will forever remember him eating his onion rings and Journey playing. There's more to the show than just him ultimately getting wacked. Much much more.

I cant hear that song anymore and not think of that scene

tymania
02-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Well put! I just remember being so pissed when the show ended like that..
I just hope LOST doesn’t have an ending similar to the sopranos.. there are too many questions that would be left un answered.. and I know they wont answer them all by the end of the series, but I hope they tie up the series well enough to leave you satisfied with the answers you got..

L.A. Chieffan
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Almost evey episode of Lost has been like a mini-version of the Sopranos Finale. It wouldnt be the same if they ended it that way.

BigRedChief
02-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I cant hear that song anymore and not think of that sceneDid you see Kenny Mayne's parady of the Sporano's final scene with the Cowboys Sprano and Tony Romo? Hilarious.

Mr. Plow
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Well put! I just remember being so pissed when the show ended like that..
I just hope LOST doesn’t have an ending similar to the sopranos.. there are too many questions that would be left un answered.. and I know they wont answer them all by the end of the series, but I hope they tie up the series well enough to leave you satisfied with the answers you got..

There was an interview a little while ago that one of the directors (or someone) said essentially that the ending will leave us hanging to an extent. That not everything will be resolved and leave the questions/answers to the public.

I'm not planning on having a definitive explanation of the show - much like with Sopranos.

Red Brooklyn
02-12-2010, 11:29 AM
There was an interview a little while ago that one of the directors (or someone) said essentially that the ending will leave us hanging to an extent. That not everything will be resolved and leave the questions/answers to the public.
This.

But Damon and Carlton have both mentioned the Soprano's ending several times. They assure us that the ending won't be that extremely unresolved. There will be a final image; a final moment.

I'm sure there will be a level of healthy wondering after the final frame. But with that, I'm sure the larger picture will be intact and the most significant anwers delivered.

tymania
02-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Did you see Kenny Mayne's parady of the Sporano's final scene with the Cowboys Sprano and Tony Romo? Hilarious.

yeah it was.. i love kenny mayne.. they need to give him his own show

Red Brooklyn
02-13-2010, 01:19 PM
FWIW...

Greg Nations (the guy in charge of LOST continuity) as confirmed that the date on the sonagram contains both and "error and a clue."

Common thought is that it's supposed to be 9.22.04. The error being the month. The clue being the year.

MaxFects
02-16-2010, 04:50 AM
it was pretty obvious tony soprano was killed. Godfather reference and the convo he had with bobby on the boat about death and not hearing it when it happens.

Buck
02-16-2010, 08:19 AM
FWIW...

Greg Nations (the guy in charge of LOST continuity) as confirmed that the date on the sonagram contains both and "error and a clue."

Common thought is that it's supposed to be 9.22.04. The error being the month. The clue being the year.

On the Jay and Jack podcast one of their listeners emailed in and said that his wife just had a sonogram and the date on the sonogram is the due date, not the date of the sonogram.

Buck
02-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Oh and I think I may be done w/ this thread until the show ends.

I don't want to chance some fuqtard n00b coming in and spoiling the whole show for me.

Mr. Plow
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM

I don't want to chance some fuqtard n00b coming in and spoiling the whole show for me.

Here comes the Whaaaaaambulance. :D

Mr. Plow
02-16-2010, 10:58 AM

You better screen your Xbox Live msgs man....I might accidentally send you some details about the season. :)

BigRedChief
02-16-2010, 04:42 PM
it was pretty obvious tony soprano was killed. Godfather reference and the convo he had with bobby on the boat about death and not hearing it when it happens.There was no gunman near him when it went dark. It's not obvious to anyone except you.

Guru
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM

I don't want to chance some fuqtard n00b coming in and spoiling the whole show for me.It has been no different than previous years in this thread. I don't get what you are so upset about. If you don't want to read the thread then fine. It doesn't require informing us though.

Buck
02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
It has been no different than previous years in this thread. I don't get what you are so upset about. If you don't want to read the thread then fine. It doesn't require informing us though.

I wasnt talking about the regulars, I know you wouldn't spoil it.

But what if some dick like Marlboro Chief looked up the ending and came in here and posted it?

I've got 5 seasons vested in the show, I think it might be a good idea to not check this thread just in case a dickhead shows up and wants to spoil our fun.

Guru
02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I wasnt talking about the regulars, I know you wouldn't spoil it.

But what if some dick like Marlboro Chief looked up the ending and came in here and posted it?

I've got 5 seasons vested in the show, I think it might be a good idea to not check this thread just in case a dickhead shows up and wants to spoil our fun.Thats fine. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it. Just didn't see the point of letting us all know you are not posting anymore because of spoilers.

I don't think we have ever had somebody come into this thread and purposely try to spoil future eps and I don't think that will happen in the future either.

Well, with the exception of those of us having a little fun with you last week using the spoiler buttons. :evil:

Buck
02-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Thats fine. I don't mean to sound like a jerk about it. Just didn't see the point of letting us all know you are not posting anymore because of spoilers.

I don't think we have ever had somebody come into this thread and purposely try to spoil future eps and I don't think that will happen in the future either.

Well, with the exception of those of us having a little fun with you last week using the spoiler buttons. :evil:

Ok, well next time I ever see you thinking out loudly in a thread I am calling you out on it.

Guru
02-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Ok, well next time I ever see you thinking out loudly in a thread I am calling you out on it.So we can't discuss where we think the show is heading with its plot now. That is the whole point of the thread, to discuss the show.

Buck
02-16-2010, 06:53 PM
So we can't discuss where we think the show is heading with its plot now. That is the whole point of the thread, to discuss the show.

Dude, spoiler away in spoiler tags. I'm saying someone is gonna come in here an post a spoiler without tags.

Did you forget your Geritol today???

:evil:

And, I never said you couldn't????

Guru
02-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Dude, spoiler away in spoiler tags. I'm saying someone is gonna come in here an post a spoiler without tags.

Did you forget your Geritol today???

:evil:

And, I never said you couldn't????I'm surprised you even know what Geritol is. :thumb:

I still don't think anyone is going to pop in here and do that. But, if they do, you will see heads roll!!!!

irishjayhawk
02-16-2010, 07:24 PM
SNAPE KILLS LOCKE!

BigRedChief
02-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Wellll at least we know where the numbers come from.

Guru
02-16-2010, 11:36 PM
Slightly underwhelmed by that ep considering most had already figured out the numbers were directly related to the people.

One thing that I do question though, Locke crossed off Ford's name before he had made any decisions about his fate with the island.

irishjayhawk
02-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Slightly underwhelmed by that ep considering most had already figured out the numbers were directly related to the people.

One thing that I do question though, Locke crossed off Ford's name before he had made any decisions about his fate with the island.

I only remember him crossing off Locke. I musta missed that.

I thought it was an underwhelming episode compared to last week information wise. I thought it was a supremely better acted and more believable episode than last week's - both story lines included.

Guru
02-17-2010, 05:54 AM
I only remember him crossing off Locke. I musta missed that.

I thought it was an underwhelming episode compared to last week information wise. I thought it was a supremely better acted and more believable episode than last week's - both story lines included.I'll have to go back and watch it again. Maybe he was talking about Ford but crossing off Locke. I just know that, in my mind, I thought he was crossing off Ford.

irishjayhawk
02-17-2010, 05:56 AM
I'll have to go back and watch it again. Maybe he was talking about Ford but crossing off Locke. I just know that, in my mind, I thought he was crossing off Ford.

He pointed to Ford and then told him about his options and crossed Locke's name off.

The more intriguing point is that if the sliding doors are actually happening as opposed to a what-if window, we already know that Fake Locke wins as the Island is below the water.

I guess the only way that isn't true is that to protect the island they sank it.

Guru
02-17-2010, 06:00 AM
He pointed to Ford and then told him about his options and crossed Locke's name off.

The more intriguing point is that if the sliding doors are actually happening as opposed to a what-if window, we already know that Fake Locke wins as the Island is below the water.

I guess the only way that isn't true is that to protect the island they sank it.You are right. I just saw something that wasn't there. Found this on another site...

"Sawyer noticed that many candidate names were crossed out. The Man in Black proceeded to cross out Locke's name and implied that if Sawyer did not join him, his name might be crossed out too."

Here is a link that goes over all the "candidates" as mentioned in the show last night. I don't think there are any spoilers but click at your own risk, Buck.:evil:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates

tymania
02-17-2010, 08:20 AM
I wonder what Jacob was protecting the island from? the Man in Black maybe??

SO now they buried Locke.. i guess that kinda kills our theory that the Man in Black can only take on peoples images or persona if they are dead and not buried. Or maybe once he has taken over their image or persona, maybe it doesnt matter if the person gets buried?!

tymania
02-17-2010, 08:24 AM

True.. I wonder what the importance of the number next to their name is though? some kind of order of which who is more qualified to be a replacement/candidate?!

BigRedChief
02-17-2010, 08:55 AM
The kid telling the smoke monster that he can't kill jacob because it violates the rules sounds like jacob is coming back. I hope that protecting the island doesn't just mean protecting it from the smoke monster dude. And why protect the island at all? What does it actually do? Whats the end game of the island? I hope they don't leave that hanging.

And wheres Walt? I thought he was suppose to be abig answer to the questions on the island.

arrowheadnation
02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
Well....I was sort of right about the numbers.

tymania
02-17-2010, 09:25 AM
The kid telling the smoke monster that he can't kill jacob because it violates the rules sounds like jacob is coming back. I hope that protecting the island doesn't just mean protecting it from the smoke monster dude. And why protect the island at all? What does it actually do? Whats the end game of the island? I hope they don't leave that hanging.

And wheres Walt? I thought he was suppose to be abig answer to the questions on the island.

I am sure they will leave some that hanging.. Hopefully we find out what the island actually is or what it suppose to do and why it is so important..

tymania
02-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Well....I was sort of right about the numbers.

you were right about the numbers.. Just not the alphabetic order thing.. I wonder why the Losties on the list are all under 100 and then some are in the 700's.. there has to be some significance of what number each name is associated to..

Chiefnj2
02-17-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm not convinced yet that smokey/mib is bad and Jacob is good. Jacob has been bringing a lot of people "candidates" to the island and a lot of them have died.

FWIW, here is a list from dark ufo of the names on the cave wall:

4 - Locke (John)
8 - Reyes (Hurley)
10 - Mattingley - Other
15 - Ford (James)
16 - Jarrah (Sayid)
23 - Shephard (Jack)
31 - Rutherford (Shannon)
42 - Kwon (Jin or Sun)
56 - Burke - (Juliet)
64 - Goodspeed (Horace, Ethan)
70 - Faraday (Daniel)
73 - Costa - ?
90 - Troupe - ?
115 - Bargas - ?
117 - Linus (Ben, Roger)
119 - Almeida - ?
142 - Lewis (Charlotte)
171 - Straume (Miles)
195 - Pace (Charlie)
222 - O'Toole - U.S. Military
233 - Jones - U.S. Military
291 - Domingo - U.S. Military
313 - Littleton (Claire or Aaron)
317 - Cunningham - U.S. Military
337 - Martin (Karl) - Other
346 - Grant - U.S. Military

Partial
20 - Rous (Possibly Rousseau)
25 - ___
30 - ___
33 - ___
49 - Cha (Possibly Chang)
62 - ___
251 - ___
260 - ___
272 - ___
285 - Jen (Possibly Jenkins)
330 - ___
__ - Reynolds
__ - Sullivan
__ - Lacombe

Wrasse
02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
you were right about the numbers.. Just not the alphabetic order thing.. I wonder why the Losties on the list are all under 100 and then some are in the 700's.. there has to be some significance of what number each name is associated to..
Must be how strong a candidate they are? (how easy to manipulate/how malleable?)

I dunno but hope the next few episodes shed more light on the island and its significance because this show is wearing me out once again. :) I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

By the way...this story is beginning to more and more seem like that old Myst PC game where the two brothers (or whatever they were) who were trapped in books tried to manipulate the main character (you) into taking their place so they could be free. If I'm remembering it right...been a long time.

PhillyChiefFan
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM

I heard that Walt grew so much that it was a problem for the writers to bring him back into the plot. But I don't know.

Maybe he still is being brought back? :shrug:

BigRedChief
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
I heard that Walt grew so much that it was a problem for the writers to bring him back into the plot. But I don't know.

Maybe he still is being brought back? :shrug:no way, with the way they time travel in this series? jump back and forth.

Chiefnj2
02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Somebody else caught this from the episode:

"What do you say we just get my parents, and your dad, and do it shotgun style in Vegas."
- That's what Peggy Bundy said to Locke. I guess Lock's dad isn't a bad guy in the new Alt time line.

tymania
02-17-2010, 03:26 PM

"What do you say we just get my parents, and your dad, and do it shotgun style in Vegas."
- That's what Peggy Bundy said to Locke. I guess Lock's dad isn't a bad guy in the new Alt time line.

maybe he isnt... but then how did he get paralyzed?!?

Huffmeister
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I picked up on that, too. It would explain why he's still with her in 2004, since she wouldn't have left him due to his obsession with his father.

The question is, if Locke's father isn't a bad guy, how did Locke become paralyzed?

Edit: tymania beat me to it!

mikeyis4dcats.
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Helen and Locke met at therapy, so he must have been obsessed but gotten over it

Shag
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM

I thought the kid might have been talking about Sawyer when he said "you can't kill him". We already knew that Jacob and the MIB couldn't kill each other (why repeat it?), so perhaps they can't kill the candidates, either?

It could potentially be foreshadowing Jacob's return, but at this point, Jacob is still dead, as far as we know...

Shag
02-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I picked up on that, too. It would explain why he's still with her in 2004, since she wouldn't have left him due to his obsession with his father.

The question is, if Locke's father isn't a bad guy, how did Locke become paralyzed?

Edit: tymania beat me to it!

It seems that major life events for the main players stays the same in both timelines. Locke is still paralyzed, Kate's still a fugitive, Hurley's still a lottery winner, Charlie's still an addict, etc. I think their "destinies" will remain the same, though how they get there may be different...

DaKCMan AP
02-18-2010, 06:29 AM
I thought the kid might have been talking about Sawyer when he said "you can't kill him". We already knew that Jacob and the MIB couldn't kill each other (why repeat it?), so perhaps they can't kill the candidates, either?

It could potentially be foreshadowing Jacob's return, but at this point, Jacob is still dead, as far as we know...

I couldn't tell if the kid was talking about Sawyer or Richard. I don't think he was talking about Jacob.

cookster50
02-18-2010, 07:07 AM
I was wondering about something. The lady with Sun and the captain said the smoke monster was locked into the Locke form. Yet we saw him as smokey when he was going through Otherville and heard the music playing from Sawyers place. So what did the lady mean? Just that he couldn't assume a different persons form(ie, no more daddy for jack, etc)?

tymania
02-18-2010, 07:49 AM
I was wondering about something. The lady with Sun and the captain said the smoke monster was locked into the Locke form. Yet we saw him as smokey when he was going through Otherville and heard the music playing from Sawyers place. So what did the lady mean? Just that he couldn't assume a different persons form(ie, no more daddy for jack, etc)?

My guess would be that the man in black aka the smoke monster is "trapped" in Locke form.. he mentioned it a couple of times that he was trapped and all he wanted to do was go was home.. i wonder where home is!?!

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
My guess would be that the man in black aka the smoke monster is "trapped" in Locke form.. he mentioned it a couple of times that he was trapped and all he wanted to do was go was home.. i wonder where home is!?!

Obviously "home" is somewhere off the island - or at least that is what they are leading towards. My guess is that smokey can't leave the island without the next "Jacob" - and he either knows, or believes, Sawyer is the next Jacob.

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Obviously "home" is somewhere off the island - or at least that is what they are leading towards. My guess is that smokey can't leave the island without the next "Jacob" - and he either knows, or believes, Sawyer is the next Jacob.

I don't think he can leave until he finds someone to replace himself, which is why he's trying to convince Sawyer to follow him.

I don't think Sawyer's buying his act.

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
I don't think he can leave until he finds someone to replace himself, which is why he's trying to convince Sawyer to follow him.

Could be. Maybe he has to find a "Jacob" and a "Smokey" before he can leave.

tymania
02-18-2010, 11:22 AM

i dont think Sawyer is buying it either.. he is just playing along until the moment is right

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Could be. Maybe he has to find a "Jacob" and a "Smokey" before he can leave.

Well, it's clear that Jacob and MIB were on the island before the Black Rock.

It's also clear that Jacob can leave and come back to the island but the MIB cannot.

It also appears that once they take human form, they're ageless.

They're most certainly playing a game, where dark and light are balanced (the "scale" scene). Once the game is out of balance, there are consequences.

I think these consequences are the big secret.

mikeyis4dcats.
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
I'd still like to know how Richard fits in with Jacob and MIB. He also is ageless and pops up in the real world.

tymania
02-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, it's clear that Jacob and MIB were on the island before the Black Rock.

It's also clear that Jacob can leave and come back to the island but the MIB cannot.

It also appears that once they take human form, they're ageless.

They're most certainly playing a game, where dark and light are balanced (the "scale" scene). Once the game is out of balance, there are consequences.

I think these consequences are the big secret.

on the whole light and dark thing.... remember in the first season when Locke was explaining on how to play backgammon, i think that was the game, to Walt.. and he said there is a light side and a dark side.. Just thought that was kind of interesting foreshadowing..

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
I'd still like to know how Richard fits in with Jacob and MIB. He also is ageless and pops up in the real world.

Jacob made him who he is - he's already admitted to that. Just like Ben Linus was able to go between worlds at Jacob's behest, Richard is as well.

The MIB apparently isn't allowed to leave the island for any reason.

keg in kc
02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I really liked this week's ep. Then again I've always liked Locke-centric episodes, but still, really good.

cookster50
02-19-2010, 06:45 AM

But it showed him in smokey form going through the jungle until he got to richard and turned back into Locke form.

tymania
02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
But it showed him in smokey form going through the jungle until he got to richard and turned back into Locke form.

Sorry I meant that he couldnt take anyone elses form.. meaning he can only be the smoke monster and Locke

arrowheadnation
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone get the impression that this whole thing is going to end with everybody dying and Jack (new jacob) and Locke (man in black) sitting on the beach waiting for the next "group/list" to arrive?

L.A. Chieffan
02-19-2010, 09:49 AM
What happened to the black guy (Michael?) and his kid? How come they're not in the Alt. Universe?

DaKCMan AP
02-19-2010, 09:57 AM
What happened to the black guy (Michael?) and his kid? How come they're not in the Alt. Universe?

They got eaten by smokey-sharks from 1973 who then time-traveled forward to assume the human form of dead-but-then-alive Sayid.

tymania
02-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Micheal died when the freighter blew up... Walt... i believe last he was seen on the show he lived with his Gma in the real world.. Not sure if he is going to make another appearance on the show or not

tymania
02-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Anyone get the impression that this whole thing is going to end with everybody dying and Jack (new jacob) and Locke (man in black) sitting on the beach waiting for the next "group/list" to arrive?

i have ponder that.. but when i was thinking about it.. i was thinking Jack and Sawyer.. Jack good(light side) sawyer bad(dark side)

Fish
02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm getting the feeling more and more that Sawyer is a good guy now. In the past he's been quite selfish and only looked after himself. But I think they're reinforcing that deep down he's a good caring guy that puts up a tough guy front. I can't see him becoming the next MIB.

Red Brooklyn
02-19-2010, 12:16 PM
My hope is that in the Alt. Universe Michael and Walt are together. They are a family. In the original storyline Michael lived in NYC. My hope is that his wife/girlfriend never took the job in Australia and that they are all living happily ever after in NY.

DaKCMan AP
02-19-2010, 01:21 PM
My hope is that in the Alt. Universe Michael and Walt are together. They are a family. In the original storyline Michael lived in NYC. My hope is that his wife/girlfriend never took the job in Australia and that they are all living happily ever after in NY.

boring

Red Brooklyn
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
boring
:)

Maybe... but I think they've earned a little peace and happiness.

tymania
02-19-2010, 01:56 PM

agreed..but you know it wont happen..

Red Brooklyn
02-19-2010, 01:59 PM
agreed..but you know it wont happen..
Oh, I know. :)

Still can't stop me from dreaming...

I am really interested to see if/how Walt and Michael factor into the new timeline. I'm guessing we won't actually see Walt because he's grown so much. But I hope we see Michael.

Save Walt for the original on-island timeline.;)

Baby Lee
02-19-2010, 02:22 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-pGkeGjJTvs/S34XdQap6DI/AAAAAAAAJmg/W_j1Sgm9R8Y/s400/LockesDeskPics.jpg
Daddy?!? ;)

Brock
02-19-2010, 02:26 PM
They took that picture while hunting.

Guru
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
i have ponder that.. but when i was thinking about it.. i was thinking Jack and Sawyer.. Jack good(light side) sawyer bad(dark side)Imagine if it was exactly the opposite of what you just said though. How would that be for an odd turn.

irishjayhawk
02-20-2010, 05:51 AM
http://neverseenlost.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/introduction/

Royal Fanatic
02-20-2010, 11:47 AM

When did that rat bastard earn a little peace and happiness? Was it when he murdered Anna Lucia and Libby?

http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/5/g/michrodri.jpg and http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/Ro9XAK4PgSI/AAAAAAAAGyc/96hL9rOxIMc/s320/200px-Cynthia_Watros.jpg

Red Brooklyn
02-20-2010, 12:03 PM
When did that rat bastard earn a little peace and happiness? Was it when he murdered Anna Lucia and Libby?

http://z.about.com/d/tvdramas/1/5/g/michrodri.jpg and http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/Ro9XAK4PgSI/AAAAAAAAGyc/96hL9rOxIMc/s320/200px-Cynthia_Watros.jpg
Ouch. Point taken.

I don't condone Michael's actions. But I understand his motivations. And he did everything he could to try and make amends.

Besides, it's more about Walt than Michael. Walt deserves a father. And I think Michael deserves a second chance. I hope in the alt timeline they both get what they deserve.

Royal Fanatic
02-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Actually, the character that bothered me the most at the end of last season was Jack. He was so determined to set off the nuclear bomb and change the timeline that it never occurred to him that the people ON THE ISLAND when it blew up would be killed. Jack and Kate and the others from the Oceanic Flight 815 wouldn't be there because their destinies would change, but everybody else on the island would just be dead.

He's now a mass murderer. I fail to see a hell of a lot of difference between Jack Sheppard and Timothy McVeigh. Both of them felt justified in doing what they did, and both of them caused a bunch of people to die. The only difference is that one is a fictional character and one is a real-life asshole.

I liked Jack before that. Now I see Sawyer as the hero on Lost.

Red Brooklyn
02-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, it's interesting to me that people always critizise Kate for being too selfish and no one want to point out how selfish it was of Jack to drop the bomb.

tymania
02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Imagine if it was exactly the opposite of what you just said though. How would that be for an odd turn.

That would be interesting.. i could def see it playing out like that too, if that is the way the show ends up going

tymania
02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, it's interesting to me that people always critizise Kate for being too selfish and no one want to point out how selfish it was of Jack to drop the bomb.

you really think it was selfish? He was thinking of the other losties when dropping the bomb.. once the bomb went off the people who died who still be alive and no one would have gone through all the suffering they went through on the island..

I can see where you are coming from though, saying its selfish

KingPriest2
02-22-2010, 09:45 PM
you really think it was selfish? He was thinking of the other losties when dropping the bomb.. once the bomb went off the people who died who still be alive and no one would have gone through all the suffering they went through on the island..

I can see where you are coming from though, saying its selfish
Also whose to say people where on the island?

Think about it There was a reason why Ben and Ethan are off the island in the sudeways

KingPriest2
02-22-2010, 09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQXuiCge-wI

LOST Comic Con Panel Video - Kate on Americas Most Wanted

Kates new backstory

KingPriest2
02-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Who assumes MIB is evil? In Lost you should never assume anything

Everyones backstory changed

Jacob manipulated everyone when he met them

this is what the sideways flashes are It is what it would be like if Jacob did not see them

KingPriest2
02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Micheal Emerson auditioning for Hurley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBg6Jg7p6w&feature=related

Emerson has to be one of my favs on that show

irishjayhawk
02-23-2010, 09:18 PM
Loved tonight's episode. Only wish they didn't one ep off the mirror.

Guru
02-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Loved tonight's episode. Only wish they didn't one ep off the mirror.Need to go back and see what the other images were again.

WildTurkey
02-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Actually, the character that bothered me the most at the end of last season was Jack. He was so determined to set off the nuclear bomb and change the timeline that it never occurred to him that the people ON THE ISLAND when it blew up would be killed. Jack and Kate and the others from the Oceanic Flight 815 wouldn't be there because their destinies would change, but everybody else on the island would just be dead.

He's now a mass murderer. I fail to see a hell of a lot of difference between Jack Sheppard and Timothy McVeigh. Both of them felt justified in doing what they did, and both of them caused a bunch of people to die. The only difference is that one is a fictional character and one is a real-life asshole.

I liked Jack before that. Now I see Sawyer as the hero on Lost.

all the Dharma folk on the island get killed anyways... as the others gas them all... so either way they all get killed

Chiefnj2
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Micheal Emerson auditioning for Hurley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdBg6Jg7p6w&feature=related

Emerson has to be one of my favs on that show

It's funny you linked that when they found the inhaler tonight.

KingPriest2
02-23-2010, 10:14 PM
It's funny you linked that when they found the inhaler tonight.

I didnt catch that I have to go back and rewatch that

Chiefnj2
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
I didnt catch that I have to go back and rewatch that

1:45-2:00

arrowheadnation
02-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Well...the dial in the light house was a pretty neat reveal.

Per the dial, Kate is #51!!! But apparently not a candidate as she was not part of the original numbers. Also saw Rousseau was on the dial (name scratched out).

Seems like to me the smoke monster has been manipulating claire for the past 3 years. Mending and molding her for his own personal uses, and now he's working the same game on Sawyer. I think Jin will play along as well before he eventually double crosses him. He already realized that Claire is dangerous.

I'll have to go back and watch but I noticed the location of Sun and Jin's wedding and the Church where Jacob first met Sawyer reflected in the mirror.

Why didn't Hurley look at the dial, see the numbers and names, and put 2 and 2 together? I mean come on. The numbers are kind of his "thing."

Guru
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM

Per the dial, Kate is #51!!! But apparently not a candidate as she was not part of the original numbers. Also saw Rousseau was on the dial (name scratched out).

Seems like to me the smoke monster has been manipulating claire for the past 3 years. Mending and molding her for his own personal uses, and now he's working the same game on Sawyer. I think Jin will play along as well before he eventually double crosses him. He already realized that Claire is dangerous.

I'll have to go back and watch but I noticed the location of Sun and Jin's wedding and the Church where Jacob first met Sawyer reflected in the mirror.

Why didn't Hurley look at the dial, see the numbers and names, and put 2 and 2 together? I mean come on. The numbers are kind of his "thing."that bugged me as well.

KingPriest2
02-23-2010, 11:29 PM

Why didn't Hurley look at the dial, see the numbers and names, and put 2 and 2 together? I mean come on. The numbers are kind of his "thing."

i think he was starting to

Guru
02-23-2010, 11:30 PM
The sign at the piano recital said "Welcome all candidates"

KingPriest2
02-23-2010, 11:33 PM
The sign at the piano recital said "Welcome all candidates"

Good catch

Frazod
02-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Had there ever been any mention of Jack having a kid before? I mean, maybe I'm retarded and missed it, but that just blew me away.

That's a helluva thing to toss in at the last minute. :spock:

Guru
02-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Had there ever been any mention of Jack having a kid before? I mean, maybe I'm retarded and missed it, but that just blew me away.

That's a helluva thing to toss in at the last minute. :spock:I am figuring that it is just one of those timeline changes. Just showing how different the future is without Jacob jacking things up for them.

Frazod
02-24-2010, 01:17 AM
Maybe, but it seems like everything else was covered in one way or another before. Perhaps they'll explain it later.

Buck
02-24-2010, 01:33 AM
108 said Wallace with a line through it.

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:18 AM

That's a helluva thing to toss in at the last minute. :spock:

Maybe, but it seems like everything else was covered in one way or another before. Perhaps they'll explain it later.

They're in the "Sideways" time line. The biggest question is "Who is the mother"? My wife said the boy looked like Kate.

Think about this: There have been 108 CANDIDATES.

We're down to the final five, with Locke deceased. I think Sun and Jin represent the 42 (21 each) so that should be interesting (Jacob touched them both).

I think the person that's "coming" is Whitmore. It doesn't make any sense at this point for it to be Michael, Walt, Desmond or Faraday.

I think Hurley got the winning numbers in the mental institute from a guy posing as Jacob. Either that or he was the last person off the island, infected with the sickness, and witnessed the final numbers.

As I said years ago, Adam and Eve are still in play. Jack & Kate? Sawyer & Kate? Sun & Jin? Jack & Sawyer?

And finally, "Your name is Lebowski, Lebowski and your wife is Bunny!"

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:21 AM
108 said Wallace with a line through it.

Who is Wallace?

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:24 AM

I don't believe that evil (MIB) and good (Jacob?) have been defined.

I don't think it will be until the final four episodes.

For all we know, Jacob infected Clair and Rousseau.

It's all fluid for now.

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:27 AM
One more thing:

"The Constant" is going to play an even larger role than we ever imagined.

Jack is at a loss for not only his appendix scar and his wife, but for his son's talent.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

tymania
02-24-2010, 07:52 AM
I don't believe that evil (MIB) and good (Jacob?) have been defined.

I don't think it will be until the final four episodes.

For all we know, Jacob infected Clair and Rousseau.

It's all fluid for now.

i could def see it playing out to where Jacob is the evil and MIB is the good.. but who knows its LOST...

I think Jack is going to get infected by sayid(if the infection really does spread) and it is going to eat away at him and make him evil, kind of like claire.. Speaking of claire did anyone else think that was awesome when she shoved that axe into that guys chest?

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 08:15 AM
i could def see it playing out to where Jacob is the evil and MIB is the good.. but who knows its LOST...

I think Jack is going to get infected by sayid(if the infection really does spread) and it is going to eat away at him and make him evil, kind of like claire.. Speaking of claire did anyone else think that was awesome when she shoved that axe into that guys chest?

Why do you think Claire is evil?

I didn't like the fact that Jin was immediately wary and scared of Claire. Two guys are about to kill him and she saves his life. Next thing you know he's about to untie an "other" who admits he's going to snap her neck at the first opportunity. How about a little gratitude.

arrowheadnation
02-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Another thing I've been pondering. They've supposedly been all over this island for the past couple years.... HOW THE HELL DID THEY NOT SEE THAT LIGHT HOUSE?!?! I know Jack and Hurley talked about it a little but...come on.

tymania
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM

I didn't like the fact that Jin was immediately wary and scared of Claire. Two guys are about to kill him and she saves his life. Next thing you know he's about to untie an "other" who admits he's going to snap her neck at the first opportunity. How about a little gratitude.

Okay evil is probably the wrong thing to say.. how about twisted?

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
I think Sun and Jin represent the 42 (21 each) so that should be interesting (Jacob touched them both).

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't MIB say that one of Jin/Sun represented #15 - but he wasn't sure which one?

"Who is the mother"? My wife said the boy looked like Kate.

That is the question my wife and I asked each other last night. She said that he may have had a child with the woman he married. I don't think so, but it wouldn't surprise me.

As far as Kate being the mother, I'm not sure. Didn't both Kate & Jack look at each other at the airport with the "I feel like I've met you before, but not sure where" look? If they had a child together I would have expected them to know each other more....or at least lead into it.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
And Claire is still hot as shit....even after being in the jungle for 3 years.

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
And Claire is still hot as shit....even after being in the jungle for 3 years.yeah that was some nice clevage/rack shots :clap:

tymania
02-24-2010, 09:14 AM
And Claire is still hot as shit....even after being in the jungle for 3 years.

yeah she is.. the whole jane in the jungle look really works for her!!

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 09:17 AM
yeah she is.. the whole jane in the jungle look really works for her!!

And those beautiful beautiful blue eyes.

arrowheadnation
02-24-2010, 09:24 AM
(crossed out) #117 Linus

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Okay evil is probably the wrong thing to say.. how about twisted?

Kindly refresh my recollection. When Kate took Aaron, what did they think happened to Claire? Did they think she just wandered away, or was abducted? I don't recall.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Kindly refresh my recollection. When Kate took Aaron, what did they think happened to Claire? Did they think she just wandered away, or was abducted? I don't recall.

She just left Aaron and disappeared. They weren't sure what happened to her.

CosmicPal
02-24-2010, 09:40 AM

Claire was touched by the smoke monster. That is even more evident when he walked into the tent at the end of the episode.

Jin was wary because he hadn't seen Claire in (7) years? She was supposed to be dead.

The "other" displayed what seemed to Jin to be an authentic fear regarding Claire. Jin already knew that "other" from the temple and that that was a safe haven. The jungle is not a safe haven and anything in the jungle, including Claire must be met with some reservations.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Claire was touched by the smoke monster. That is even more evident when he walked into the tent at the end of the episode.

Jin was wary because he hadn't seen Claire in (7) years? She was supposed to be dead.

The "other" displayed what seemed to Jin to be an authentic fear regarding Claire. Jin already knew that "other" from the temple and that that was a safe haven. The jungle is not a safe haven and anything in the jungle, including Claire must be met with some reservations.

I'm not buying it. Claire is an old friend to Jin and saved his life. If not for Claire Jin would have had a bullet in his head. The "others" that Jin left in the temple weren't exactly hospitable to him. His allegiance should have immediately been to the old friend who saved his life moments earlier. If anything he should have been sympathetic to Claire for having to survive on her own in the jungle for years.

tymania
02-24-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm not buying it. Claire is an old friend to Jin and saved his life. If not for Claire Jin would have had a bullet in his head. The "others" that Jin left in the temple weren't exactly hospitable to him. His allegiance should have immediately been to the old friend who saved his life moments earlier. If anything he should have been sympathetic to Claire for having to survive on her own in the jungle for years.

yes Jin should be grateful Claire saved his life... but she is not the Claire he use to know.. i would be skeptical of her too

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 10:48 AM
yes Jin should be grateful Claire saved his life... but she is not the Claire he use to know.. i would be skeptical of her too

He doesn't know she isn't the same Claire. All he knows is that she's been alone in the jungle for 3 years, the "others" tortured her and the "others" were about to kill him.

Frazod
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM

I'll bet a possessed Claire would be wild in the sack, though. :drool:

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 10:56 AM

You're too old for her.....but I'm the right age. Back off!

Frazod
02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
You're too old for her.....but I'm the right age. Back off!

Up yours, beaker boy. I'll just make her take top! :D

tymania
02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
He doesn't know she isn't the same Claire. All he knows is that she's been alone in the jungle for 3 years, the "others" tortured her and the "others" were about to kill him.

Pretty sure he knows she is different.. look at her, and she just killed a man.. yea def not the same sweet and innocent Claire.. and Jin lied to her, bc he was afraid of what she would do. She is going to go off when she finds out he lied..

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Up yours, beaker boy. I'll just make her take top! :D

Make sure to get your walker out of the way old man. :)

CosmicPal
02-24-2010, 11:06 AM

You're not buying what? Claire WAS touched by the smoke monster. If you don't believe me, just keep watching.

All that stuff you said about Jin about to be shot is true, but that has nothing to do with Claire NOT being affected by the smoke monster which she has been.

tymania
02-24-2010, 11:10 AM
You're not buying what? Claire WAS touched by the smoke monster. If you don't believe me, just keep watching.

All that stuff you said about Jin about to be shot is true, but that has nothing to do with Claire NOT being affected by the smoke monster which she has been.

I think Chiefnj2 has a mad crush on Claire.. he is infatuated with her still being the innocent girl

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 11:12 AM

She was touched by the smoke monster. I agree. I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing at this point. What I don't buy is Jin's reaction to her and the fact he was going to untie someone who was going to kill him minutes earlier. Jin's distrust of her is not believable.

I also found Jack's reaction to the lighthouse to be incredibly stupid and poorly written.

tymania
02-24-2010, 11:14 AM

been there done that... it was good, nothing like hot jungle sex :)

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Now it's ALL beginning to make sense.

The Dharma Initiative was trying to harness the electromagnetic power of the island. Someone discovered that if it wasn't harnessed, the LOSTIES would end up on the island and in a turn of events, blow it up and send it to the bottom of the ocean.

THAT'S why the had someone enter "The Numbers" every 108 minutes, the numbers that represent Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Sun & Jin, Sayid and Locke. Once Desmond blew off entering the numbers, the plane crashed, which set in motion the chain of events we've witnessed the past 5+ seasons.

CosmicPal
02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
THAT'S why the had someone enter "The Numbers" every 108 minutes, the numbers that represent Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Sun & Jin, Sayid and Locke. Once Desmond blew off entering the numbers, the plane crashed, which set in motion the chain of events we've witnessed the past 5+ seasons.

In the cave near the ocean, each number is associated with a different person, each a candidate (according to Jacob's nemesis) to succeed Jacob as the 'protector of the Island'. The ones that remain are: 4-Locke, 8-Reyes, 15-Ford, 16-Jarrah, 23-Shephard, 42-Kwon. Jacob's nemesis crosses off "4-Locke", since at this point in time he was dead.

The lottery numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 appear throughout the series, both in sequence and individually. The numbers add up to 108, another common number in the series. According to the DHARMA Orientation video in the Lost Experience, the Numbers represent the factors of the Valenzetti Equation, which claims to accurately predict when humanity will be extinguished.

Hurley was supposed to turn the dial to 108 at the lighthouse. Jack's anger stopped that from occurring and when Jacob showed up afterwards, he didn't seem disappointed to discover that Jack intercepted the task.

Mr. Plow
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Hurley was supposed to turn the dial to 108 at the lighthouse. Jack's anger stopped that from occurring and when Jacob showed up afterwards, he didn't seem disappointed to discover that Jack intercepted the task.

I've always felt in situations like this - Jack smashes the mirrors - that it was what he was supposed to do and not the original task. I've come to look to the opposite of what I originally think.

tymania
02-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I've always felt in situations like this - Jack smashes the mirrors - that it was what he was supposed to do and not the original task. I've come to look to the opposite of what I originally think.

agreed, Jacob knew he would smash the mirrors.. and why can only hurley see jacob? i love how hurley is just like whatever dude, and does whatever he is told no matter how weird it is

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
In the cave near the ocean, each number is associated with a different person, each a candidate (according to Jacob's nemesis) to succeed Jacob as the 'protector of the Island'. The ones that remain are: 4-Locke, 8-Reyes, 15-Ford, 16-Jarrah, 23-Shephard, 42-Kwon. Jacob's nemesis crosses off "4-Locke", since at this point in time he was dead.

The lottery numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42 appear throughout the series, both in sequence and individually. The numbers add up to 108, another common number in the series. According to the DHARMA Orientation video in the Lost Experience, the Numbers represent the factors of the Valenzetti Equation, which claims to accurately predict when humanity will be extinguished.

It's also possible that 42-Kwon doesn't refer to either Sun or Jin, but to the baby that was conceived on the island.

tymania
02-24-2010, 12:20 PM
The letters "LOST" equal 108.

It's also possible that 42-Kwon doesn't refer to either Sun or Jin, but to the baby that was conceived on the island.

how do the letters LOST equal 108?

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 12:24 PM

They don't.

:D

There was some other correlation between the word LOST and the numbers and I can't remember what it is right now. My bad.

Marco Polo
02-24-2010, 12:25 PM

I'm curious to that myself. L=12, O=15, S=19, T=20. All in all, 66, not 108.

tymania
02-24-2010, 12:32 PM
They don't.

:D

There was some other correlation between the word LOST and the numbers and I can't remember what it is right now. My bad.

i was liike what am i missing!? :)

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyone else notice that Jack's appendectomy scar is on the wrong side? It's on the left instead of the right. Through the Looking Glass, maybe?

Also, he can't remember having the surgery, nor does he know much about his son.

At some point, the two realities will converge...

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 12:48 PM
I also found Jack's reaction to the lighthouse to be incredibly stupid and poorly written.

I thought it was perfect.

Jack feels manipulated again. Not by his father or mother or wife this time but by Fate itself. He carries a lot of anger, so I wasn't surprised when he destroyed the "Looking Glass".

Also, it's exactly what Jacob expected of him, which makes me suspect that Jacob may not be the "Good Guy" after all.

tymania
02-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I thought it was perfect.

Jack feels manipulated again. Not by his father or mother or wife this time but by Fate itself. He carries a lot of anger, so I wasn't surprised when he destroyed the "Looking Glass".

Also, it's exactly what Jacob expected of him, which makes me suspect that Jacob may not be the "Good Guy" after all.

I thought it was perfect too, extremely predictable but it was good

Red Brooklyn
02-24-2010, 12:56 PM
agreed, Jacob knew he would smash the mirrors.. and why can only hurley see jacob? i love how hurley is just like whatever dude, and does whatever he is told no matter how weird it is
I don't know if Jacob knew Jack would smash the mirrors, but he knew what affect the mirrors would have on Jack. And that was the whole point of sending them up there.

No one else sees Jacob because Jacob is dead. Hurley sees dead people.

Anyone else notice that Jack's appendectomy scar is on the wrong side? It's on the left instead of the right. Through the Looking Glass, maybe?

Also, he can't remember having the surgery, nor does he know much about his son.

At some point, the two realities will converge...
Not possitive, but I think the scar is on the left when we see it reflected in the mirror. So it would still be on the right side. I mean, I know it's a sideways timeline, but why would the appendix be on the other (wrong) side of the body? :)

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm sure we are going to find out Jacob is the bad guy in the end. Seems like a twist that the producers would do...use gullible, trusting Hurley to do his dirty work with the other candidates.

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Now it's ALL beginning to make sense.

The Dharma Initiative was trying to harness the electromagnetic power of the island. Someone discovered that if it wasn't harnessed, the LOSTIES would end up on the island and in a turn of events, blow it up and send it to the bottom of the ocean.

THAT'S why the had someone enter "The Numbers" every 108 minutes, the numbers that represent Jack, Hurley, Sawyer, Sun & Jin, Sayid and Locke. Once Desmond blew off entering the numbers, the plane crashed, which set in motion the chain of events we've witnessed the past 5+ seasons.okay, say your premise is true. then how did they know it would happen? who set up or how did this electromagentic thingy get started in the first place? Something from when the smoke monster and Jacob were initially on the island?

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM
okay, say your premise is true. then how did they know it would happen? who set up or how did this electromagentic thingy get started in the first place? Something from when the smoke monster and Jacob were initially on the island?

I think that Jacob and the MIB both knew it would happen and one of them passed it on to the Dharma group.

It's way too much of a coincidence otherwise that punching in the numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) every 108 minutes would prevent the island from unleashing the magnetic power that would crash the plane, bringing the candidates to the island.

The Dharma group was trying to stave off the Candidates, probably because they were warned that they would die otherwise.

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I think that Jacob and the MIB both knew it would happen and one of them passed it on to the Dharma group.

It's way too much of a coincidence otherwise that punching in the numbers (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) every 108 minutes would prevent the island from unleashing the magnetic power that would crash the plane, bringing the candidates to the island.

The Dharma group was trying to stave off the Candidates, probably because they were warned that they would die otherwise.welll since as far as we know it has to be Jacob that did that then since he's the only one that seems to travel off the island. And if so why did Jacob not want the candidates on the island?

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:01 PM
welll since as far as we know it has to be Jacob that did that then since he's the only one that seems to travel off the island. And if so why did Jacob not want the candidates on the island?

Ben travels off-island as well (just to note that).

If it was Jacob, then it played out exactly as he knew it would play out, just like he knew that Jack would destroy the mirrors.

Also, I think it's interesting to note that it's possible that detonating the bomb didn't cause the alternate timeline - killing Jacob caused it.

Without Jacob's tampering in their lives, things are playing out as they would have without his interference.

Again, this leads me to believe that Jacob isn't necessarily the "good" guy.

Chiefnj2
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Ben travels off-island as well (just to note that).

If it was Jacob, then it played out exactly as he knew it would play out, just like he knew that Jack would destroy the mirrors.

Also, I think it's interesting to note that it's possible that detonating the bomb didn't cause the alternate timeline - killing Jacob caused it.

Without Jacob's tampering in their lives, things are playing out as they would have without his interference.

Again, this leads me to believe that Jacob isn't necessarily the "good" guy.

I don't necessarily agree that he knew Jack would destroy the mirrors. He could have told Hurley he knew Jack would do it, and he didn't. If he wanted the mirrors destroyed, he could have told Hurley to go up and do it.

BigRedChief
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Ben travels off-island as well (just to note that).but, Darma exsisted before Ben

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't necessarily agree that he knew Jack would destroy the mirrors. He could have told Hurley he knew Jack would do it, and he didn't. If he wanted the mirrors destroyed, he could have told Hurley to go up and do it.

I think he wanted Jack first to see that he had been watched and manipulated his entire life - that he wasn't in control of his whole destiny.

Destroying the mirrors was just his way of breaking free.

DaneMcCloud
02-24-2010, 02:26 PM
but, Darma exsisted before Ben

Ben was also "never the same" after being healed in the spring.

Frazod
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Ben's awesome now that he is utterly fucking baffled. :D

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 10:00 AM
I get 10 minutes into the episode only to discover that my recording of the show is FUBAR.

Thank god for hulu.

tymania
02-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I get 10 minutes into the episode only to discover that my recording of the show is FUBAR.

Thank god for hulu.

hate it when crap like that happens.. or the news station takes over the channel because of severe weather in your area and you miss the entire show... thank god for hulu is right

keg in kc
02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't get me started on the weather bullshit. They basically ruin May sweeps for me with that crap every year.

Guru
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
But they are saving lives man

Frazod
02-25-2010, 07:24 PM
But they are saving lives man

Yes, tornadoes that might develop 100 miles away from nowhere always scare the shit out of me. LMAO

Mr. Plow
02-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes, tornadoes that might develop 100 miles away from nowhere always scare the shit out of me. LMAO

That shit always pisses me off.

Weatherman: There is a tornado in Colorado
Me: Ok. I'm in Kansas. I don't give a fuck about Colorado.

Guru
02-25-2010, 08:39 PM
It's all about the viewing area and that sucks because viewing areas are huge now days.

cookster50
02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
It's all about the viewing area and that sucks because viewing areas are huge now days.

That's what she said.

patteeu
02-26-2010, 07:56 AM

That "answer" bothers me. Why were 6 numbers so important in the beginning of the series if there were way more than 6 candidates to begin with and if at least 1 of the 6 (and maybe more) are going to end up wormfood just like so many of the others? Why 6 and not 5 or 7?

Huffmeister
02-26-2010, 09:01 AM
That "answer" bothers me. Why were 6 numbers so important in the beginning of the series if there were way more than 6 candidates to begin with and if at least 1 of the 6 (and maybe more) are going to end up wormfood just like so many of the others? Why 6 and not 5 or 7?Seven's not a candidate, because seven eight nine.

BigRedChief
02-26-2010, 12:19 PM
That "answer" bothers me. Why were 6 numbers so important in the beginning of the series if there were way more than 6 candidates to begin with and if at least 1 of the 6 (and maybe more) are going to end up wormfood just like so many of the others? Why 6 and not 5 or 7?who knows? maybe they changed the plot line?

DaneMcCloud
02-26-2010, 12:19 PM
That "answer" bothers me. Why were 6 numbers so important in the beginning of the series if there were way more than 6 candidates to begin with and if at least 1 of the 6 (and maybe more) are going to end up wormfood just like so many of the others? Why 6 and not 5 or 7?

Because they're the final six candidates.

Which means this game has been playing for a long, long, long, long, long time.

keg in kc
02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
Did Kate have a number? I don't remember seeing her name. (I still haven't seen this week's episode)