PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Dartgod
02-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Great episode last night...
Yep, sure was.

One thing is bothering me though. Surely these people have a somewhat limited supply of food. So when is Hurley going to start losing some weight?

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Yep, sure was.

One thing is bothering me though. Surely these people have a somewhat limited supply of food. So when is Hurley going to start losing some weight?

Great minds think alike. I just brought up that same point, on the Civil War thread. :hmmm:

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 08:38 AM
and when is somebody, namely the Korean, going to butcher that dog. He probably eats enough for one person, and you know it's not fruit.

Chiefnj
02-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Ethan was an ordinary human being? I thought he had super-human strength? One moment he has fantastic stalking ability, so much that Locke is afraid of him, but yet he doesn't notice the 5 of them (Charlie included) surrounding Claire? How in the world does it take 5 minutes for the possee to chase Ethan down when he's fighting with Jack. He was chasing a 9 month pregnant girl, how far could they have run?

Killing Ethan, assuming he is dead, is a pretty wimpy way out of the story line. I was hoping somebody else in the group was going to get killed that night anyway.

Joe Schmo
02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I missed it last night...who did they kill? Some unknown extra?

Dartgod
02-10-2005, 10:47 AM
http://www.gloomygus.org/images/redji.jpg

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM

This guy. (http://www.amazon.imdb.com/name/nm1712435/)

KCTitus
02-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Nothing new except they killed 'super jungle guy' as he chased down a pregnant woman in her 10th or 11th month.

Im finally beginning to lose interest in this show.

Dartgod
02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
This guy. (http://www.amazon.imdb.com/name/nm1712435/)
Haha. This site has him listed as Steve, also.

My name is SCOTT, DAMM....ARRRRGHHHH!!!!

Bearcat
02-10-2005, 11:47 AM
How in the world does it take 5 minutes for the possee to chase Ethan down when he's fighting with Jack. He was chasing a 9 month pregnant girl, how far could they have run?

I was wondering the same thing.... I know a couple of them were up in the trees, but come on...

Killing Ethan, assuming he is dead, is a pretty wimpy way out of the story line. I was hoping somebody else in the group was going to get killed that night anyway.

I sort of agree that he might not have given any info, but they should have had him say something. OTOH, maybe it's better he just died, because it was either that or raise more questions... not like they would want to answer anything.

Nothing new except they killed 'super jungle guy' as he chased down a pregnant woman in her 10th or 11th month.

Im finally beginning to lose interest in this show.

Two minutes to reintroduce Claire. 45 minutes of nothing, followed by killing someone that would have quite a few answers... and then all those flashbacks to get to "you'll never take care of anyone", or whatever she said.

Next week's "suspense" in the previews was about Sawyer and Jack playing with guns... like either of them are going to die :rolleyes:

The hatch, French woman, and big ass cable are driving me nuts... this group is so freakin slow to do anything.... and whatever happened to the black guy building the raft?

Talking to someone last night, we agreed that this show has a good chance of just dying because of the ratings going downhill, before they get around to showing anything good.

KCTitus
02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Talking to someone last night, we agreed that this show has a good chance of just dying because of the ratings going downhill, before they get around to showing anything good.

And to top it off, the show is losing money shooting on location in Hawaii...it's a shame, it was a wonderful departure from the reality tv blahs.

Chiefnj
02-10-2005, 12:05 PM
It's a shame that a show that was premised on a semi-original idea has within weeks succumbed to old cliché easy way outs - like shooting Ethan before he can say anything.

Fairplay
02-10-2005, 12:11 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Charlie is a bad person. He killed that guy, im thinking because he could say why he wants the pregnant girl. So he killed him to shut him up.
Also i think he might have something to do with the unborn child. Like hes going to take it for some reason.

Bearcat
02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
And to top it off, the show is losing money shooting on location in Hawaii...it's a shame, it was a wonderful departure from the reality tv blahs.

I didn't know that, but while watching last night, it seemed like the show had twice as many commercials as usual (for that matter, any show). The show can move pretty slowly at times anyway... commercials every 5 minutes don't help the ratings either.

KCTitus
02-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I didn't know that, but while watching last night, it seemed like the show had twice as many commercials as usual (for that matter, any show). The show can move pretty slowly at times anyway... commercials every 5 minutes don't help the ratings either.

Yeah, read about it last week or so...something to do with the costs of filiming in Hawaii. Every episode loses money.

They're talking about moving it to a set.

picasso
02-10-2005, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE]and whatever happened to the black guy building the raft?
[QUOTE]

Yeah what happened with that?

KCTitus
02-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah what happened with that?

It went the same way as:

The hatch
The hunting of the wild pigs
The power line going into the ocean
The French Woman
The mapping of the island
The mystery 'monster' who killed the pilots

Alton deFlat
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
I've come to the conclusion that Charlie is a bad person. He killed that guy, im thinking because he could say why he wants the pregnant girl. So he killed him to shut him up.
Also i think he might have something to do with the unborn child. Like hes going to take it for some reason.

Don't forget that he was "supposedly" in the commode when the creature attacked the cockpit of the plane and had the pilot for lunch.

Fairplay
02-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Someone catch me im about to faint there is another new episode of LOST on tonight! Pinch me and call me sweetheart i can't believe it.
Im a sucker for this series so im sticking with it, its an original story line and its not rehashing like most all the other evening shows on TV so wtf, plus Kate is a hottie, if nothing else agree with me on that and an amen also.

And without further ado,

Tonights episode is about............

LostABC 16 Feb 16 07:00pm Series/Drama, 63 Mins.
"Outlaws"
Kate and Sawyer bond as they search for a wild boar that Sawyer swears is harassing him; Hurley and Sayid worry that Charlie is losing it after his brush with death; a shocking prior connection between Sawyer and Jack is revealed.

Original Airdate: February 16, 2005.

Sideline commentary by Fairplay about tonights episode- I think Kate and Sawyers going to get "chummy".

A shocking prior connection between Sawyer and Jack? Hmmm, Jack is Sawyers uncles son??

Fairplay
02-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I need to get a leather coat and about three weeks growth of beard and look like a badass like Sawyer. Too bad its only Sawyer thats been getting his ass beat by a few people on this show. And now a boar? Heh.

I think hes only what a women has between his legs. (Sorry ladies).

On a prevoius notation in this long-ass thread i noted an article about the expense of the Hawaii location by the studio. They really only show the ocean beach on the show. I don't see why they can't relocate to California and save the studio some bucks.

Fairplay
02-16-2005, 07:32 PM
I almost had a tear in my eye when they showed the Sawyer-Kate night time part. It was rated PG though, oh well.

After commercials i expect some Charlie wierding out type stuff.

Fairplay
02-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Sawyer "Hi Jack, oh by the way, i ran into your dad, he was all drunk at some bar. He said to hello, and ah, things are cool between you and him."

Jack "Bull sh*t you fu*ker!"

stumppy
02-16-2005, 07:55 PM
Crap, i missed what the guy said. ( the one Sawyer shot)

Fairplay
02-16-2005, 07:56 PM
"I was gonna pay..." wait, whats he talking about?

stumppy
02-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I caught that. You're right wtf is he talking about.

What was the friggin letter about. ?

stumppy
02-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Aaaaha! Dad

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Crap, i missed what the guy said. ( the one Sawyer shot)
He said "you don't know what you're doing, do you. It'll come back around." He also acted like he didn't know what Sawyer was talking about with the letter.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-16-2005, 08:19 PM
Aaaaha! Dad
That wasn't Sawyers dad that he shot...... was it????

stumppy
02-16-2005, 08:22 PM
That wasn't Sawyers dad that he shot...... was it????
No, I think they were implying it was the Dr.s' dad.

ZootedGranny
02-16-2005, 08:29 PM

Hibbs set Sawyer up to kill the supposed Frank Sawyer. He made him believe that Frank was the conman that drove his father to the murder/suicide, when actually he was just a guy that owed Hibbs money.

That's why Frank had no idea what Sawyer was talking about with the letter.

chiefs4me
02-16-2005, 08:30 PM
The guy in the aussie bar was jack's dad, I know that. But who was the guy that shot Sawyer's mom and then killed himself? And who is the guy Sawyer had a vendetta against and shot? :hmmm:

ZootedGranny
02-16-2005, 08:43 PM
The guy that shot Sawyer's mother and himself was his father, who was angry that his mother fell for the conman.

Sawyer went to Australia to kill the man he believed was the con man that drove his father to the murder/suicide. That wasn't the case however, as he was lied to by Hibbs. Hibbs told him that the man in Frank Duckett (aka Frank Sawyer) was the man responsible for his father's actions, when in fact the man was just someone who owed Hibbs money.

Basically, Sawyer killed Frank for something he didn't do, and has yet to find the man that drove his father to kill his mother and then himself.

stumppy
02-16-2005, 08:47 PM
The guy that shot Sawyer's mother and himself was his father, who was angry that his mother fell for the conman.

Sawyer went to Australia to kill the man he believed was the con man that drove his father to the murder/suicide. That wasn't the case however, as he was lied to by Hibbs. Hibbs told him that the man in Australia (Frank Duckett aka Frank Sawyer) was the man responsible for his father's actions, when in fact the man was just someone who owed Hibbs money.

Basically, Sawyer killed Frank for something he didn't do, and has yet to find the man that was responsible for his parents' deaths.

I think that pretty well sums it up.

This thing is starting to drag on for me. Too little info. per episode.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Not to mention Kate hasn't stood on the beach in her underwear since like episode #2.

ZootedGranny
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM

That looks to change two weeks from now with seemingly info packed episodes coming in back to back weeks, at least according to the episode synopsis on www.tvtome.com.

There are slight spoilers in the summaries, so if you look, be prepared.

The Pedestrian
02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Have they explored the giant metal hatch since they found it...or even talked about it?

Frazod
02-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Thoughts on the last couple of episodes (which I just watched tonight).

I thought the past two episodes were better than the last couple. I was glad to see them finally break out the guns and nab Ethan. Had that episode ended with them merely holding Ethan at gunpoint, I would probably have quit watching the show. Finally, a merciful bit of closure on something.

And while I'm frustrated that we learned none of Ethan's secrets, we'd all better get used to it - it's the nature of this type of show. When all the mysteries are explained, or when they get rescued, the show's over. Much like Lost in Space, or Voyager, or even The Fugitive, there can never be a complete resolution, because when there is, the show ends. If they defeat Ethan's evil band (if there is one), open the hatch and reveal the secrets contained underneath, kill all the monsters, and welcome the French bitch into the clan, then what? Then nothing. The show will continue like this as long as it runs - feeding us enough scraps to picque our interest while holding off on the big finale until the last episode.

Can it run like this and last? Who knows? But there's only so much they can give away without running out of ideas. Unlike the shows I mentioned above, this group is stuck on an island. They can't go to new places, and seriously, how much different stuff can happen to them on a small island before the show gets so ridiculous that the audience cries bullshit and changes the channel?

Perhaps this would have been served by being a mini-series with a set ending time. But for now, they've picked up the quality a bit, and I'll keep watching.

That doesn't mean, of course, that I appreciate the misleading advertising they use. Last week's episode implied some big blowout between Jack and Sawyer over Kate. Here's a big 4321 to the clown that cut that together. :grr:

Phobia
02-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Not to mention Kate hasn't stood on the beach in her underwear since like episode #2.

That's kinda what I'm watching for, too.

KCJake
02-17-2005, 12:53 AM

Sawyer went to Australia to kill the man he believed was the con man that drove his father to the murder/suicide. That wasn't the case however, as he was lied to by Hibbs. Hibbs told him that the man in Frank Duckett (aka Frank Sawyer) was the man responsible for his father's actions, when in fact the man was just someone who owed Hibbs money.

Basically, Sawyer killed Frank for something he didn't do, and has yet to find the man that drove his father to kill his mother and then himself.
Thanks. I was confused for a minute.

Phobia
02-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Thanks. I was confused for a minute.

Ditto. I couldn't clearly hear what that guy was saying in his whaning moments.

Rausch
02-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Ditto. I couldn't clearly hear what that guy was saying in his whaning moments.

And I never figured Sawyer for a tenderfoot...

chiefs4me
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I thought the one who shot himself was Sawyer's dad.......

And forget butt shots of kate.....how about showing the ladies some more of Jack and Sawyer's goodies.....

Chiefnj
02-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Does the island hold some type of reincarnation power? The boar was supposed to be Duckett right? Sawyer couldn't kill it because he knew Duckett/the Boar was innocent?

Phobia
02-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Does the island hold some type of reincarnation power? The boar was supposed to be Duckett right? Sawyer couldn't kill it because he knew Duckett/the Boar was innocent?

I'm guessing they're being vague enough to let viewers make up their own minds about such things. I'll bet the writers are really intrigued to read viewers interprutations after episodes air.

Kclee
02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
And what's with Locke? When he, Sawyer, and Kate are in the jungle, Locke tells that story about his mom thinking the dog was his dead sister telling her it wasn't her fault. Then he just gives a small smile to Sawyer. How does Locke know the things he knows about everyone else?

Dartgod
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
That doesn't mean, of course, that I appreciate the misleading advertising they use. Last week's episode implied some big blowout between Jack and Sawyer over Kate. Here's a big 4321 to the clown that cut that together. :grr:
They also implied that Sawyer and Kate had "relations" :hump: together.

ZootedGranny
02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
And what's with Locke? When he, Sawyer, and Kate are in the jungle, Locke tells that story about his mom thinking the dog was his dead sister telling her it wasn't her fault. Then he just gives a small smile to Sawyer. How does Locke know the things he knows about everyone else?

My theory is that Locke doesn't want to leave the island, because he is somehow connected to it. He frequently comes up with annecdotes that perfectly fit situations he doesn't fully understand.

Chiefnj
02-17-2005, 01:03 PM

Locke is slowly helping each member of the island unlock their own baggage and vices. Boone's caring for his sister, Michael finally becoming a father figure and hero for his son, Charlie kicking drugs, Sawyer's guilt over killing an innocent man.

Locke's character seems to be based on the British philosopher Locke who felt that everyone is born with a blank slate (tabula rosa - the name of the episode with Lock's flashback) and all of our ideas come about from experiences with the physical world and our knowledge comes from experience. To help get past their problems each person on the island must have some form of an experience which the island is helping create - Boone's dream about his sister, Sawyer's confrontation with the boar, Michael saving walt from the polar bear.

That's my take anyway.

Bearcat
02-18-2005, 10:34 AM
If they defeat Ethan's evil band (if there is one), open the hatch and reveal the secrets contained underneath, kill all the monsters, and welcome the French bitch into the clan, then what? Then nothing. The show will continue like this as long as it runs - feeding us enough scraps to picque our interest while holding off on the big finale until the last episode.

But there's only so much they can give away without running out of ideas. ...how much different stuff can happen to them on a small island before the show gets so ridiculous that the audience cries bullshit and changes the channel?

Do you see how much stuff that is vs. how productive they are now? At the pace they're going right now, they could spend another 3 months (TV time) doing all that. It would be a great change of pace for them to spend two or three episodes on the hatch, finding a way in, exploring, confronting others, etc. Spend another episode or two on the French woman, and another few on the monsters/mapping the island. Of course, while other stuff is happening, too.... spending more time on flashbacks, on Locke, the raft thing, and oh yeah, someone's still pregnant. That's easily two or three months, not including the "other ideas" part.

I still enjoy parts of the show, and I'm glad they didn't just cram it all into a 6 hour miniseries.... but at the same time, they shouldn't be writing with the idea of keeping it going for as long as possible. After all, they are losing money.

Kclee
02-18-2005, 10:59 AM
That's my take anyway.

Very sound take. :clap:

Kclee
02-18-2005, 11:15 AM
My theory is that Locke doesn't want to leave the island, because he is somehow connected to it. He frequently comes up with annecdotes that perfectly fit situations he doesn't fully understand.

And the final episode will probably show how Locke came about this knowledge and what he did with it and we will all be like "AHHH, it all makes sense now." Because Titus posted some of the MAJOR things that need to be explained, but there seems to be hundreds of little things that happen that you forget about or just push to the side for now that are head scratchers. Like Locke walking for starters. And on another note, I find it hard to believe that the french woman isn't at least spying on all those people. She's been alone for how long and isn't even peeking from behind a bush or anything to watch a little human interaction. Curiosity has to win out there. (if she really is real, and not made up in Sayid's head like the whole Boon/sister thing)

Bearcat
02-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm glad they're coming back to the raft idea. I know it won't end up like Castaway, but at least it's a productive idea... it's one of those things that you don't think could just go away, but there's plenty of things that fall into that category.

Much better than inserting in a random future episode:

"Hey, where did that black guy go?"

"Oh, you didn't hear... him and his son built a raft and left."

:spock:

:p

Bearcat
02-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Locke is slowly helping each member of the island unlock their own baggage and vices. Boone's caring for his sister, Michael finally becoming a father figure and hero for his son, Charlie kicking drugs, Sawyer's guilt over killing an innocent man.

Locke's character seems to be based on the British philosopher Locke who felt that everyone is born with a blank slate (tabula rosa - the name of the episode with Lock's flashback) and all of our ideas come about from experiences with the physical world and our knowledge comes from experience. To help get past their problems each person on the island must have some form of an experience which the island is helping create - Boone's dream about his sister, Sawyer's confrontation with the boar, Michael saving walt from the polar bear.

That's my take anyway.

I know everyone seems to have a reason to want to stay on the island, and Locke seems to be the one with the most purpose in regards to that. Maybe they won't have any major breakthroughs until Locke "lets them" -- in other words, not until Locke is done healing everyone.

Frazod
02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Bump. On in five.

Frazod
02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
That Korean guy is a dick.

Frazod
02-23-2005, 07:25 PM
So where are all the Lost groupies tonight? Pretty good episode so far. Sawyer just kicked Kim upside the head going into commercial.

Frazod
02-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, you AWOL bastards missed an excellent episode.

And I'm not gonna tell you about it. :harumph:

OmahaChief
02-23-2005, 08:03 PM

And I'm not gonna tell you about it. :harumph:

One helluva episode. Still by far my favorite non reality show on regular TV.

Next week looks to be a badass show too.

Frazod
02-23-2005, 08:05 PM
One helluva episode. Still by far my favorite non reality show on regular TV.

Next week looks to be a badass show too.

Looks like they'll be having a run-in with the psycho frog bitch.

chiefs4me
02-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Was it all a suprise to you when we found out that the son burned his daddy's raft? Tonight was pretty good and it's gonna get better next week. Someone else on the island has guns......:p

Michael Michigan
02-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey--where did she get that bikini?

Dartgod
02-23-2005, 10:09 PM
So, did anyone else notice what was on the TV the first time Jin delivered the message to that dude?

chiefs4me
02-23-2005, 10:15 PM
no....what was on tv?

Dartgod
02-23-2005, 10:20 PM
no....what was on tv?
Did you tape it?

When he is at the house to deliver the message and the guy says, "not in front of my little girl", they show the girl and there is something interesting on the TV show she is watching.

KcMizzou
02-23-2005, 10:23 PM

And I'm not gonna tell you about it. :harumph: I drifted away when I started playing WoW. I'll pick this season up on dvd later. I do really like the show.

I've missed enough now, that I figure I might as well wait.

Chiefnj
02-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I drifted away when I started playing WoW. I'll pick this season up on dvd later. I do really like the show.

You'll have time to catch up. After next weeks new episode comes about a month or so of repeats.

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 10:32 PM

That's my take anyway.

This is old news. Even JJ Abrams has stated that Locke is named after him. Remember everything that you see and hear on the show is there for a reason.

Dartgod
02-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Did you tape it?

When he is at the house to deliver the message and the guy says, "not in front of my little girl", they show the girl and there is something interesting on the TV show she is watching.
I guess no one else saw it.

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 10:37 PM

I noticed it. It is going to be part of their backstory. When they air it.

KcMizzou
02-23-2005, 10:38 PM
You'll have time to catch up. After next weeks new episode comes about a month or so of repeats. Really? Thanks...

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 10:41 PM
I drifted away when I started playing WoW. I'll pick this season up on dvd later. I do really like the show.

02/13 - When Hurley becomes obsessed with the French woman and heads into the jungle to find her, Jack, Sayid and Charlie have no choice but to follow. Meanwhile, Locke asks Claire to help build a mysterious item. Source: ABC
01/26 - We find out that he had a huge life-altering experience before coming on the plane, the number-one thing Americans dream about, but that it ended up being the worst thing that could have happened because the experience was somehow cursed. It hurt everyone he loved--and that curse is tied to the island. And, dun dun dun, the hatch. Source: Kristin on E!Online
12/23 - Episode 18 is a Hurley flashback. Source: The Fuselage (Thanks Arkaina for the tip.)

Episode 1.19: Deux Ex Machina
Airdate: April 13, 2005

01/17 - This will be a Locke-centered episode. Source: The Fuselage

Episode 1.20: Do No Harm
Airdate: April 20, 2005

01/21 - This will be a Jack-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com (Thanks Dom's_Gurl for the tip.)

Episode 1.21: The greater good
Airdate: April 27, 2005

02/08 - This will be a Sayid-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com

Episode 1.22: Title Unknown
Airdate: Winter 2005

02/08 - This will be a Kate-centered episode. Source: Lost-TV.com

Episode 1.2?: Title Unknown (Season Finale)
Airdate: May 2005

02/14 - Here's what I've heard of the finale

Dartgod
02-23-2005, 10:45 PM
I really wish you'd quite posting these spoilers.

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 10:47 PM
I really wish you'd quite posting these spoilers.

There not spoilers. If they were they would be more detailed. I could give away alot more but I won't. These are just descriptions of the show. Just like you would see in TV Guide.

Michael Michigan
02-23-2005, 10:52 PM

I just looked at it again, is it Hurley getting into a car?

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 10:54 PM
I just looked at it again, is it Hurley getting into a car?

yes

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 11:06 PM
[Please note that during fights, arguments, etc., everyone's talking really fast and on top of each other, I'll do the best I can!]

Jin (running up to Sun): Get over here, now!
Sun: What's the matter? I came out to swim.
J: [sorry, I didn't get this one]
S: What's the matter with my swimsuit?
J: Why would you wear this with all these other people around?

Jin (background, as Jack, Kate, et. al. are talking): Come on, hurry! Everyone's looking at you! Hurry, let's go! etc.

Sun (when Jin pushes her down): What are you doing?

Jin (when Michael runs up): This has nothing to do with you! Why are you interfering?
Jin (poking Michael): Who the hell are you? Don't talk to me.

Sun (at
Spoiler below, select the area to read the text
the fire
, when Michael asks her where Jin is): I don't know what you're saying.

Okay, I thought I could pull some of the subtitles from
Hurley's TV appearance, but alas, the first shot of the tv was too far away and the second shot had the tv out of focus. However, watching the episode a second time, I noticed that you could hear the newscaster talking in the background. The one clear part was near the beginning of the scene, right after the Secretary lets Jin inside and the two are walking across the room, the newscaster distinctly says:

"Over the weekend, lottery winner..."
Interesting!

The Secretary's daughter only says one word, "Daddy."
She shouts this twice when he takes the dog, and whimpers it once a few scenes later when Jin is beating the crap out of him.

The last part, on the beach:

Jin (to Sun): You don't believe me either? (Michael asks, what did he say?) It's not me. It's not me. I didn't start the fire, okay?

During the fight:
Jin: When I walked by, your son was setting the fire. (watch Sun's expression after she hears this) My hand got this way when I tried to put the fire out.

After Michael asks Sun why Jin would run away if he didn't do anything, she says to Jin, amazingly enough, "He's asking why you ran away if you didn't do anything wrong."

Finally, as Jin's father is hugging him on the boat, Jin's father says, "It's alright, it's alright."

If anyone could help with the inaudibles, or better yet got a better look at the scene with the TV better than I did, please help!

KingPriest2
02-23-2005, 11:14 PM
02/09 - The Lost DVD is coming out in early September. Cocreator Damon Lindelof tells that they have an "amazing amount" of extras planned, including "awesome commentaries," deleted scenes between Locke and Hurley, Sawyer and Charlie and Locke and young Walt; footage of the Boeing 747 being cut up in the Mojave Desert and transported via barge to Hawaii; and a look at what went into making the original polar bear sequence. But here's the best part: Lindelof says he and J.J. Abrams are considering making an original mini-movie that "answers one of the questions we've been asked very frequently about the show but have made no attempt to answer so far. It has something to do with why the plane may have crashed." Source: Ask Ausiello @ TVGuide

Bearcat
02-24-2005, 08:17 AM
Good episode :thumb:

Since last week's preview, I thought Locke would be the one to do something to the raft... I saw through the stuff aboutt he Chinese guy doing it, and Locke saying it was the others on the island.... they setup that surprise really well.

There was finally some action to the show... not just focusing on one or two people.... and as overused as the ending is, I thought it was pretty funny.

Next week's looks really, really good... of course, I'm not set on them actually finding any answers, but that's okay... at least they're trying :)

Bearcat
02-24-2005, 08:19 AM
You'll have time to catch up. After next weeks new episode comes about a month or so of repeats.

:eek:

From the looks of the preview last night, get ready for a HUGE cliffhanger.

keg in kc
02-24-2005, 08:30 AM
During the fight:
Jin: When I walked by, your son was setting the fire. (watch Sun's expression after she hears this) My hand got this way when I tried to put the fire out. Interesting.

Also raises the question of whether Locke saw it, or whether he speaks Korean.

I love the show. It and the new Battlestar Galactica (which has been given a second season, due to start during the summer) are the best hours on television right now, with apologies to Carnivale.

March brings us two of my other favorite shows, Deadwood and The Shield.

Chiefnj
02-24-2005, 08:33 AM

I saw it.

I think it gets explained next week. It all relates to why Hurley wants to find the french woman.

keg in kc
02-24-2005, 08:39 AM
I drifted away when I started playing WoW.I've let that effing game ruin my life. I got one character to 50 and then decided to change servers. Now on my new one, I have a level 60 warrior. I decided earlier this week that it was taking up too much of my time, so I've decided to quit, cold turkey.

And I still ain't getting nothing done, 'cause I'm spending all my free time playing KotOR II instead of WoW.

Pathetic, ain't it.

Frazod
02-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I saw it.

I think it gets explained next week. It all relates to why Hurley wants to find the french woman.

He probably hopes she can cook.... :D

chiefs4me
02-24-2005, 09:02 AM

No I didn't see it...so what was it on the tv? :hmmm:

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 09:07 AM
There not spoilers. If they were they would be more detailed. I could give away alot more but I won't. These are just descriptions of the show. Just like you would see in TV Guide.
I didn't read it because it looked like a spoiler to me. Even so, I hate knowing anything about what an episode is going to be about in advance. I like the surprise factor. I guess I'm in the minority here, so I'll just breeze past any of your posts in the future.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 09:08 AM
No I didn't see it...so what was it on the tv? :hmmm:
It showed Hurley getting into a car. So wtf was Hurley doing on a Korean television broadcast? :hmmm:

Chiefnj
02-24-2005, 09:10 AM
It showed Hurley getting into a car. So wtf was Hurley doing on a Korean television broadcast? :hmmm:

Do you want to know??

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 09:16 AM
Do you want to know??
Yes. But not until they reveal it on the show.

Michael Michigan
02-24-2005, 09:41 AM
Do you want to know??

Of course.

Chiefnj
02-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Of course.

***SPOILER***

**I'm Not Kidding**

[I've read that Hurley won a big lottery. That was why he was on the television. However, winning the money has been a curse. He finds his winning numbers on the map that Sayid stole from the french woman and goes looking for her.]

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM
I didn't read it because it looked like a spoiler to me. Even so, I hate knowing anything about what an episode is going to be about in advance. I like the surprise factor. I guess I'm in the minority here, so I'll just breeze past any of your posts in the future.

I will tell you what. If I do that I would put a space in between just to show that it will give you a warning about it.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 09:58 AM
***SPOILER***

**I'm Not Kidding**

[I've read that Hurley won a big lottery. That was why he was on the television. However, winning the money has been a curse. He finds his winning numbers on the map that Sayid stole from the french woman and goes looking for her.]
Goddamn it! Couldn't you have done that in a PM?

Motherf*********!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
I will tell you what. If I do that I would put a space in between just to show that it will give you a warning about it.
How about you motherf****** don't post any spoilers here AT ALL!

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 10:10 AM
How about you motherf****** don't post any spoilers here AT ALL!

WTF?!?!

OK first of all I was trying to respect your wishes and give you warning and this is what I get?

Second. They are not spoilers. They are descriptions just like TV Guide. I told you that already.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 10:53 AM
WTF?!?!

OK first of all I was trying to respect your wishes and give you warning and this is what I get?

Second. They are not spoilers. They are descriptions just like TV Guide. I told you that already.
Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. I apologize.

As for the spoiler that was posted, I saw the spoiler alert, but I had already scrolled down and also saw the first sentence about the lottery.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Sorry, I quoted the wrong post. I apologize.

As for the spoiler that was posted, I saw the spoiler alert, but I had already scrolled down and also saw the first sentence about the lottery.

Hey that is cool

I saw that and I knew what was going to happen.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey that is cool

I saw that and I knew what was going to happen.
That was pretty much the point of my post. Why post any spoilers at all when it is likely that someone will "accidently" read part of them. If is absolutely necessary, the spoiler part could be posted in a font color similar to the back ground like this:

This is the way to post a spoiler you douche bags!

Then you can just highlight the text and read it if you want. If you don't, it will be difficult to accidently read.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Here's another example

***SPOILER***

**I'm Not Kidding**

Just highlight the text below to read.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 11:16 AM
That was pretty much the point of my post. Why post any spoilers at all when it is likely that someone will "accidently" read part of them. If is absolutely necessary, the spoiler part could be posted in a font color similar to the back ground like this:

This is the way to post a spoiler you douche bags!

Then you can just highlight the text and read it if you want. If you don't, it will be difficult to accidently read.

I do agree with you there

FOR NOW ON IF ANY SPOILERS ARE POSTED CHANGE THE FONT COLOR.

Dartgod
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
I do agree with you there

FOR NOW ON IF ANY SPOILERS ARE POSTED CHANGE THE FONT COLOR.
It would be nice if a mod would put that in the topic header in big bold type.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 04:43 PM
TV Notes: 'Lost' fans will find answers, says exec
Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Is "Lost" leading viewers on a wild goose chase? Diehard fans say it is bringing up too many story lines and not resolving any of them. Creatively, "Lost" (8 tonight, ABC) could be one big tease without a payoff.

"I don't think that will be the case," Steve McPherson, president of ABC primetime entertainment, told reporters.

Of the major mysteries introduced -- ranging from the bloodthirsty creature in the jungle to the crazy Frenchwoman lurking about to the visions of the undead -- nothing has been firmly explained yet.

"We talk about pace all the time," McPherson said. "We talk about which mysteries are working, which aren't, how much we're giving, how much we're not giving.

"Those are probably the biggest fights that [co-creator J.J. Abrams] and I have in terms of what we're doing on a week-to-week basis."

At least one frustrating characteristic of "Lost" is about to come to an end.

The season finale, which will air later this spring, is reportedly going to include the death of a major character. "Lost" has "killed" off major characters before, only to reveal that the victim is not really dead. This time, however, the death is supposed to be a permanent one.

Lost" co-star Ian Somerhalder said recently he did not know who was being killed off, but he and the rest of the cast would find out when they get the finale script.
Somerhalder, whose character, Boone, has found more screen time recently, says he has been frustrated by the show's use of its characters. Having 14 regulars means hardly anyone gets lots of time in front of the camera.

"A doctor wants to practice, a judge wants to judge, and an actor wants to act," he said. "But you can't focus on all 14 characters every week. That's too much, so I understand that."

Fairplay
02-24-2005, 04:50 PM
I would guess the person who gets killed off has been offered another part in a tv series/movie offers that have conflicting scheduleing with the current series LOST.

My guess would be of......well, its only a guess, but it would be of one of the two main characters. That is an ambiguous statement for the others who watch this show. Thank you.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 05:00 PM
check this website out

http://www.driveshaftband.com/

Lost but not forgotten

Charlie Pace may be lost, but devotees of his band DriveShaft can't let go.

"Happy Birthday Charlie, wherever you are," reads one entry on http://www.driveshaftband.com, a fansite lovingly maintained by Marie Siu and Jilly despite the fact that the drug-addicted bass player has been missing since his plane went down somewhere in the Pacific last September.

Of course, we know where Charlie is. As TV viewers, we see him every week as one of the crash survivors trying to understand the mysteries that make the hit show Lost so, well, mysterious.

But Marie Siu and Jilly, they exist in a different reality. They were born out of the mind of some ABC executive who came up with the brilliant promotional plan to launch a fake fansite for an equally fake band.

The DriveShaft site is a perfect spoof, with clips of the band's biggest (and only) hit "(You All) Everybody," bios of Charlie (a.k.a. Dominic Monaghan) and his mates, and menus that have failed to be updated (under Tour: "Coming Soon").

Plus, there's a guestbook that may or may not include real comments: "So about the TV guide post," says one. "Why did they say that driveSHAFT is fictional??? They are obviously stupid. And who is Duminac Monahan, and why did they say he was Charlie?... I can't believe they said that driveSHAFT isn't real. MY LIFE IS BUILT AROUND THIS BAND, IT BETTER BE PRETTY DAMN REAL. Right. That's all."

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Kim Talks About the 'Lost' Art of Being Jin
(Thursday, February 17 12:30 PM)
By Kate O'Hare
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "I was reading a SAG [Screen Actors Guild] report," says "Lost" star Daniel Dae Kim. "Did you know there were only 61 roles, in all of television, on every network, for Asian-American males [last year]? Sixty-one.
"That's why something like this show is so important, and that's one of the reasons I'm really proud to be part of it."

However many roles there are this year, Kim ("Angel," "24," "The Hulk") has one of them. On the Wednesday-night adventure drama, created by J.J. Abrams ("Alias"), Damon Lindelof ("Crossing Jordan") and Jeffrey Lieber ("Tuck Everlasting"), Kim plays Jin, a Korean man who, together with his wife, Sun (Yunjin Kim), and 40-odd other people, survived a plane crash on a deserted and enigmatic tropical island.

As the show has progressed, flashbacks in each episode illuminate the characters' histories. "House of the Rising Sun," which aired in October, showed how Jin and Sun met and married, then how their marriage disintegrated after Jin went to work for Sun's mysterious father.
Sun secretly learned English and was going to abandon her bullying husband before getting on the fateful flight, but changed her mind at the last moment.

Jin has been hostile toward some other survivors, partly because of the language barrier. Sun, in fear of her husband, has kept her English skills under wraps, except for Kate (Evangeline Lilly), who has plenty of secrets of her own.

Sun has also had a bit of a flirtation with Michael (Harold Perrineau), an African-American with a young son, Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). This has not escaped Jin's notice, and the two men have clashed.

"Anything that gives our characters depth and dramatic situations is good," Kim says. "We'll see how it polarizes the audience or polarizes the people on the island. Exploration can be worthwhile, but whether or not I want to see Jin cuckolded, I'm not sure."

On Wednesday, Feb. 23, in an episode called "... In Translation," Michael accuses Jin of sabotaging the survivors' raft, escalating their rivalry, and Sun surprises everyone with a revelation.

"The episode will raise a lot of questions," Kim says, "but it will also answer a lot of questions. The audience will see Jin in a different light. There's the question of who Sun's father really is.

"He's a very powerful man, and powerful men have their fingers in a lot of pies. In Korea, there are large corporations, similar to Japan's corporations, and they don't handle just one industry, they have products that span every industry. They're mega-corporations, and her father is the head of one."

In one scene, Jin was seen washing blood off of his hands after returning from an errand for Sun's father.

"You're going to find out the reason there was blood involved," Kim says. "What's great about the show's structure is we're now seeing how interconnected these people are, on purpose or inadvertently. Part of that, in this episode, is you're going to see flip sides of scenes we've already seen.

"You're going to see what happened after that scene in 'The House of the Rising Sun,' and you're going to see the continuation of that. And we're going to see certain events told from Jin's perspective as opposed to Sun's."

The Jin-Sun dynamic so far has been her overtly cowering from his aggressiveness, while secretly rebelling. There was a moment in the pilot where he yelled at her to button her shirt up all the way, but when he turned away, Sun opened the top button.

"People actually clapped when they saw her do that at the premiere," Kim says. "She's definitely got some audience sympathy."

Although Jin hasn't generated much sympathy from the viewers, he has from the actor who plays him.

"This is the way I think about Jin," Kim says. "He is a man who commits 100 percent of himself to the thing he believes in. Once he got to the island, he fund out that the things he believed in were not necessarily worth believing in. It really shook his world. He's in a recovery process, so he's questioning everything about himself.

"He's questioning the choices he's made about his past. It's leaving him very vulnerable and insecure and scared. That's why he takes the actions he does sometimes. My favorite thing about the [Feb. 23] episode is that emotionally the stakes were incredibly high.

"Jin, on the island, is so hard and standoffish, but in my episode, you see him being totally the opposite. You see him being loving, you see him being loyal. You see him being honorable. You see him being compassionate."

Born in South Korea but raised near Philadelphia, Kim would also like to see Jin broaden his language skills. "He's got to learn English. We can't be in season five and Jin just grunting all the time. The island is magical, so I'm hoping there'll be some magic for Jin."

At the same time, Kim depends on help from his more fluent co-star, who appeared in South Korean TV shows and movies, for help brushing up his own rusty native language.

"Yunjin laughs at me," Kim says. "She's been great about it. She commented to me the other day that my Korean has improved dramatically."

He admits he may still sound strange to speakers of standard Korean. "My entire family is from Pusan, which is the deep south of Korea. So all of us there speak with an accent equivalent to someone from Georgia."

Fairplay
02-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I said it then and i'll say it now, Driveshaft rocks!

Seriously, the name driveshaft for a rock band couldn't be all that obscure as i thought when i first heard it on the LOST series.
Some band out there is going to pick up on this free publicity.

keg in kc
02-24-2005, 05:06 PM
I want Yunjin Kim to bear my children.

Grace Park would do in a pinch, I guess.

That is all.

Fairplay
02-24-2005, 05:09 PM
I want Yunjin Kim to bear my children.

Grace Park would do in a pinch, I guess.

That is all.

You're into the oriental kind eh? I've dated a couple of them, so its not like im givin you crap. Its cool. I will say they are more into serious dateing then american girls.

keg in kc
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
You're into the oriental kind eh?Oh yes, but only as a window shopper. I'm an avowed bachelor now. Never, ever again.

ct
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Did you tape it?

Hurley, I had to rewind it last night to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Baby Lee
02-24-2005, 05:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Bob511/Lost/HurleyTV.jpg
Someone more industrious than I can feel free to zoom in on the screen and translate the Korean.

Fairplay
02-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Baby Lee, i tried photoshopping the document and Illustrating opening it, but it was blurred when i zoomed in on the type. Sorry.

My brother my be able to translate it, but thats another story.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Bob511/Lost/HurleyTV.jpg
Someone more industrious than I can feel free to zoom in on the screen and translate the Korean.

First word or sentence

American or just Lottery winner

Second word or sentence

Los Angelas, Calif.

Michael Michigan
02-24-2005, 05:36 PM
white text...
__________________.

Thanks for all the info. So If Hurley...

won the lottery, how does the French chick have the numner on a map?

Did I miss something?

Michael Michigan
02-24-2005, 05:42 PM
Who has sex first?

The black guy and the Korean or

The Iraqi and the blonde...

BTW--looks like Fairplay is in pretty good shape on this one.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100674&page=38&pp=15

Iraqi and blonde.

OmahaChief
02-24-2005, 06:00 PM
First word or sentence

American or just Lottery winner

Second word or sentence

Los Angelas, Calif.

Hurley does owe the kid $382K in backgammon losses. Wonder if he will ever pay up.

GMitch
02-24-2005, 06:16 PM
After Sun switching to English for part of her last little speech to Jin and Jin's last word of the episode being "boat", I wonder if they will gradually just start using English. The magic of the island at work.

Baby Lee
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
After Sun switching to English for part of her last little speech to Jin and Jin's last word of the episode being "boat", I wonder if they will gradually just start using English. The magic of the island at work.
That switch was more of the genius ambiguity of this show. [Much like the French woman saying "xxx was my child." and leaving people swearing she said she had a son, when in fact xxx might not even be human, or any living being].
My take was that Sun was ashamed to say she was planning to leave him and said it in English in hopes that;
he wouldn't understand her confession, but she still got it off her chest,
or
he WOULD understand her, and it would reveal a secret HE'D been hiding from her.
And it's written so that that is an altogether reasonable interpretation, but so are a number of others.

Rausch
02-24-2005, 06:38 PM
I would guess the person who gets killed off has been offered another part in a tv series/movie offers that have conflicting scheduleing with the current series LOST.

My guess would be of......well, its only a guess, but it would be of one of the two main characters. That is an ambiguous statement for the others who watch this show. Thank you.

I got feeling "Kate's" phone is ringing off the hook right now.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Found this on another site I thought it was interesting

Here it goes

I realised, while typing in the other thread, that none of the survivors decided themselves to take that plane trip, in a sense.

Locke - Went to Australia for a walkabout, but was forced to return because he wasn't allowed to go with the others. He probably planned for stay for some time if he did.

Claire - Within a very short amount of time was convinced by a psychic that she should travel to LA. Sounds crazy, but she did it.

Kate - Arrested.

Boone and Shannon - Boone were tricked into go, and Shannon didn't plan to go back with him either, it seems.

Jack - His mother told him to get his father home.

Sawyer - Might seem like he chose to do this, but it was the wrong guy he shot. The real Sawyer probably wasn't even in Australia. We still don't know about the time between the assassination and the plane trip, save for the cameo in Boone and Shannon's story, which took place in a police station.

Michael and Walt - Michael all of a sudden were "forced" to go get his son, and Walt didn't have much choice than to follow him.

Charlie - Wanted to reunite Driveshaft. If the other guy had agreed--Liam was it--Charlie most likely would still be in Australia.

Sun and Jin - I cannot recall exactly why they went on the same plane to LA. Someone fill me in. I'm pretty sure it follows the same pattern, though.

Nothing yet on Sayid or Hurley.

My point is that none of them decided to take the plane all by themselves. That it wasn't just for some random vacation or something. They were all drawn to that accident.

Kind of makes you think.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 11:09 PM
I found this as well

notice that most of the plane crash suriviors seem to have something in common with another survior. Lets see, if we can figure what each survior have in common with another.

Jack and Sun- father issues
Kate and Sawyer- both kill a man in cold blood ( Note: while we do not know who Kate kill, we know she kill someone)

Claire and Shannon - both had boyfriends that were jerks

Locke and Micheal -both use to be in a wheelchair.

Shannon and Walt - both lost their mother at a young age
Boone and Jack- father died
Locke and Sawyer- were both ophans

There are more things then this as well

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 11:13 PM
It seems like alot have Father issues

Jack
Sawyer
Locke
Walt
Sun
Jin
Boone and Shannon

Or family issues
Charlie.
Hurley

We don't know about Kate, Sayid, Rose, Claire, Micheal

But Micheal is a father and Claire is preg.

KingPriest2
02-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Connections

Sawyer met Jacks Dad, Boone saw him and Hurley with the Lotto girl.

Sun and Jin were in line when Jack was trying to get his father on the plane.

Anything else?

Dartgod
02-25-2005, 07:38 AM
It seems like alot have Father issues

Jack
Sawyer
Locke
Walt
Sun
Jin
Boone and Shannon

Or family issues
Charlie.
Hurley

We don't know about Kate, Sayid, Rose, Claire, Micheal

But Micheal is a father and Claire is preg.
Nothing unusual about that. You take any group of people and I'm sure there will be a number of them that have issues with their mother or father.

KingPriest2
02-25-2005, 08:23 AM
Nothing unusual about that. You take any group of people and I'm sure there will be a number of them that have issues with their mother or father.

Yes you are right about that but they are making it part of the storylines why they made their choices.

Alton deFlat
02-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Hurley, I had to rewind it last night to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing.

Damn, I missed that.

KingPriest2
03-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Dude, he's a real fan favorite
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY
It might seem difficult to stand out in a cast of 14 regulars.

Lost fans were surprised last week when Hurley popped up on Korean TV. Wednesday's episode might explain why.
ABC

But not for Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley, the laid-back dude on the ABC hit Lost.

He's distinctive for his size (6-foot-1 and 300-plus pounds), especially in a prime-time TV world populated by the ultra-thin.

But it's more than that for a character who has quickly become a fan favorite. The wild-haired Hurley provides a welcome respite from the suspenseful, harrowing events of Lost (Wednesday, 8 ET/PT). "He's a regular guy. I think that appeals to people. And he lightens up the intensity of the show," says Garcia, 25. "A lot of times I'll find people telling me I'm their kid's favorite."

What makes him distinctive to fans? "Hmmm ... size, hair, his interest in others and humor," says Courtenay Cross, a moderator of fan Web site lost-tv.com. "He is the needed comic relief for the mysterious events that go on."

So far, on an island of secrets, a few fragments of Hurley's background have been revealed. His real name is Hugo Reyes; he's a bad speller and his salutation of choice is "dude." He built a two-hole golf course for fellow crash survivors who needed a break from battling polar bears; conducted a passenger census that revealed outsider Ethan; and showed up, mysteriously, on Korean TV during a flashback in last week's episode.

Viewers will learn more tonight in an episode that focuses on Hurley, last of the Lost 14 to receive the life-story flashback treatment. On the island, he takes off in search of the French woman, Rousseau, who tortured Sayid (Naveen Andrews). The mystifying cable that led Sayid to Rousseau's lair also returns, Garcia says, speaking by telephone from Hawaii, where Lost is filmed.

In his flashback, "You see what brought him to Australia," where the flight originated, says Garcia, who grew up in Southern California. "It has a Citizen Kane-style ending. There's a Rosebud moment."

Garcia, who performed at open-mike nights while attending UCLA, started building a TV following with a role on CBS' Becker. He sees parallels between himself and Hurley: Both are "easygoing, get-along-with-everybody kind of guys, (but) I'm pretty sure I can spell better."

Similarities shouldn't be a surprise. Lost's writers reworked the Hurley part — originally an older character — to fit Garcia.

J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof, two Lost creators, wanted to cast Garcia after seeing him play a drug dealer in HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm. They saw a comic talent but also an actor with an emotional core, Lindelof says.

"He could read the phone book and make you laugh," says Carlton Cuse, who oversees Lost's writing staff with Lindelof. "When you see his episode, I think people will be surprised by the emotionality."

Fans relate to Hurley. "While we may respect Jack's (Matthew Fox) initiative or Locke's (Terry O'Quinn) survivalist skill, it's refreshing ... to see someone getting squeamish at the sight of blood," says Emily Rawn, 23, of New York.

Although Hurley has flat-out comic moments, others are tinged with sadness. After Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) apologizes for accusing Hurley of hoarding food, he mutters, "Yeah, I'm used to it."

"The best comedy also breaks your heart a little bit," Garcia says.

Garcia, who is single, is happy to be in Hawaii — his parents have visited — and thrilled to be in Lost. He acknowledges being an unlikely candidate for a cop or lawyer role. But Lost does give Garcia some action moments.

"In the pilot, getting to do that run-and-jump explosion scene — I was high-fiving Matty (Fox)."

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Glad he got to rebound from his doomed intro as a replacement for Bob on equally doomed Becker.

Fairplay
03-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Word up.

Fairplay
03-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Heh, Hurley, he looks like he hasn't dropped a pound of fat since they crashed on the island. Hey hes driving a Humvee. Thats what i would buy also if i won the lottery, among other things.

Fairplay
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
His name is Hurley, and death followed with him.

Poor Hurley, good fortune might not all its cracked up to be.
That sucks.

Maybe he thinks that french women will try and kill him and get him out of his misery.

Who knows?

Fairplay
03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Hurleys defying death. Hes says, "Sure, I'll walk across a poorly built bridge cause it won't give way for my fat ass, i feel sorry for the poor sap who follows me".

Maybe hes the ultimate cause of the plane crashing. And everyone thought he was a good guy.

Fairplay
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Interesting. Hurley was called crazy and ludricrious through the show. Perhaps he really is.

Sometimes when the show provides answers then it asks more questions.

Maybe the numbers also provide the coordinates of the island?

chiefs4me
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
What a web these writer have weaved. I am really anxious for some answers and now more repeats.

I think I would go ahead and take the bad luck, if it meant gettting 156 millon....

saturnknts
03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
and now more repeats.

i am sooooooooooo tired of the repeats.

Caseykid
03-02-2005, 09:10 PM
Hey, was tonights a repeat?? My TIVO didn't record and I'm stressing. Thanks, Jen

Kclee
03-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Hey, was tonights a repeat?? My TIVO didn't record and I'm stressing. Thanks, Jen

Nope, and it was a good one.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Could someone please give me a brief summary of tonight's episode?

Due to a last minute strike by Burlington Northern railroad workers, my train line SHUT DOWN at rush hour. I didn't get home until after 8:00, and missed the entire episode.

:cuss:

Deberg_1990
03-02-2005, 09:41 PM

Due to a last minute strike by Burlington Northern railroad workers, my train line SHUT DOWN at rush hour. I didn't get home until after 8:00, and missed the entire episode.

You need a TIVO something serious Frazod.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:43 PM
You need a TIVO something serious Frazod.

I have TiVo. But since I'm always home by 7:00, and didn't anticipate a last minute railroad strike, I didn't set it to record in advance. :banghead:

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Short version: we found out hurley won the lottery, but was cursed afterwards. He got the numbers from a person he was in the psycho ward with, the guy heard the numbers in a transmission when he was in the navy. Some of the papers the arab dude got from the french woman had the numbers on them, hurley freaked out and went to find her. He found her, eventually, she told him she heard the numbers in a transmission also, that they investigated it, their ship crashed and everyone but her died. She agreed that the numbers were cursed, Hurley was overjoyed that someone finally agreed. The episode ended with a shot of the mysterious door that Locke hasn't been able to open. On the door was...the numbers.

Kclee
03-02-2005, 09:47 PM

Hurly won the lotto. He used numbers that a crazy guy kept mumbling over and over. He then had a series of bad luck type things happen to him and figured out that the numbers were cursed. He then finds out that crazy guy and his friend were in the navy and heard a distress call out in the middle of the pacific repeating those numbers. Crazy guys friend had killed himself because of the curse that happened to him when he came upon money using those numbers. Crazy French lady and her team also heard the distress call of those numbers and came to the island. That's when she was cursed(didn't get any money though) She then switched the numbers with her own distress call that you know about. Those numbers are also on the hatch that Locke and Boone found. I'll stop for now, but will fill in better with any questions you may have.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Short version: we found out hurley won the lottery, but was cursed afterwards. He got the numbers from a person he was in the psycho ward with, the guy heard the numbers in a transmission when he was in the navy. Some of the papers the arab dude got from the french woman had the numbers on them, hurley freaked out and went to find her. He found her, eventually, she told him she heard the numbers in a transmission also, that they investigated it, their ship crashed and everyone but her died. She agreed that the numbers were cursed, Hurley was overjoyed that someone finally agreed. The episode ended with a shot of the mysterious door that Locke hasn't been able to open. On the door was...the numbers.

Damn, that sounds really cool.

F#CK! :cuss:

So did the French woman go back with the survivors, or return to her hiding place?

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 09:48 PM
Damn, that sounds really cool.

F#CK! :cuss:

So did the French woman go back with the survivors, or return to her hiding place?Back to her (new) hiding place. She'd cleared out of the old rathole already. She did give them a battery, however. Hurley hook up.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Back to her (new) hiding place. She'd cleared out of the old rathole already. She did give them a battery, however. Hurley hook up.

Did she make contact with anyone other than Hurley?

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 09:51 PM
No. Unless you count shooting at Charlie as well as Hurley as "contact".

Hugo did tell Sayid she said "hi", though. ROFL

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
No. Unless you count shooting at Charlie as well as Hurley as "contact".

Hugo did tell Sayid she said "hi", though. ROFL

Thanks. Well, I guess I'll have something to look forward to when the reruns hit.

keg in kc
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Another funny moment was when Charlie told Hurley his biggest secret about how he was snorting heroin in the bathroom when the plane crashed. He asked Hurley to reciprocate and tell him a secret and Hurley said he was worth 156 million dollars. Charlie got up all pissed off, yelling about "well, if you're not even gonna be serious". ROFL

Hurley also tried to tell him about the curse, but he wouldn't listen.

Frazod
03-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Another funny moment was when Charlie told Hurley his biggest secret about how he was snorting heroin in the bathroom when the plane crashed. He asked Hurley to reciprocate and tell him a secret and Hurley said he was worth 156 million dollars. Charlie got up all pissed off, yelling about "well, if you're not even gonna be serious". ROFL

Hurley also tried to tell him about the curse, but he wouldn't listen.

ROFL That's funny.

Chiefnj
03-02-2005, 09:59 PM
The french woman confirmed that there is a transmission tower on the island. It was playing the series of numbers that Hurley played in the lottery. She changed the transmission to her SOS message.

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 07:24 AM
Safe to assume that the box company Hurley owns is the one where Locke works?

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Safe to assume that the box company Hurley owns is the one where Locke works?

I would assume so.

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

42 survivors on the flight

Numbers* 8:15-16

8:15 And after that shall the Levites go in to do the service of the
tabernacle of the congregation: and thou shalt cleanse them, and offer
them for an offering.

8:16 For they are wholly given unto me from among the children of
Israel; instead of such as open every womb, even instead of the
firstborn of all the children of Israel, have I taken them unto me.

* - 4th book of OT.

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 07:41 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

them for an offering.

* - 4th book of OT.

I believe 815 was the flight number as well. And the number of the copier Locke had when it showed him at work.

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 07:49 AM
I believe 815 was the flight number as well. And the number of the copier Locke had when it showed him at work.
And Kate's lockbox.

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 07:51 AM
If someone has Tivo of previous episodes they could check into the seat numbers on the plane of some of the survivors. Also any house numbers that are shown.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
If someone has Tivo of previous episodes they could check into the seat numbers on the plane of some of the survivors. Also any house numbers that are shown.

4 8 15 16 23 42
The crazy dude was playing Connect 4.

Also, as everyone knows, 42 is the answer. SLATFATF!!

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 08:10 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

them for an offering.

* - 4th book of OT.

There were 48 survivors.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

them for an offering.

* - 4th book of OT.

4- 4 years Locke was in the wheelchair, Sawyer made a "wish" 4 years ago,And now the man from Austrailia in Numbers killed himself 4 years ago , It was 4 years since Hurley's grandpas bypass

8 15 flight number Kates lock box, Lockes copier, whenever a clock is shown. 8 people died at the shoe factory, claire is 8 months pregant

16- 16 years ago the french woman landed, 16 years ago te crazy guy heard the numbers

23- ?

42- 42 is the natural vibration frequency of human DNA If you go to the Fuselage page it vibrates., it is the answer to life in the kichhikers guide to the galaxy

15+16+23-42-8=4

15+16+23-42-4=8

42-23-16+4+8=15

42-23-15+4+8=16

42-16-15+4+8=23

15+16+23-4-8=42

04 + 08 + 42 - 16 - 23 = 15
+ + + + + +
08 + 42 + 04 - 23 - 15 = 16
+ + + + + +
42 + 04 + 08 - 15 - 16 = 23
- - - - - -
16 + 23 + 15 - 08 - 04 = 42
- - - - - -
23 + 15 + 16 - 04 - 42 = 08
= = = = = =
15 + 16 + 23 - 42 - 08 = 04

They all add or subtract to equal one of the numbers

4:8- Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showeth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
4:15- The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, [by] the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
4:16- The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
4:23- And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.

More numbers - Danielle's note with the numbers has 7 rows and 6 columns. 7 x 6 = 42, which is also the same number of slots in the Connect Four game.

In the first episode Jack tells Kate about the surgery that taught him how to let the fear in ... he was operating on a 16 year old girl

If the numbers represent letters i would be:
4=D
8=H
15=O
16=P
23=W
42= O

D H O P W O

Which can say WHOPOD. the hatch is a POD.

Anything else?

Found this on another site

Kate's airplane toy is the key. And by key, I mean the KEY. I predict that they will open or break the plane to reveal some sort of device or container inside, that will only activate or be able to be opened by using the Numbers as the combination

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 08:31 AM
42- 42 is the natural vibration frequency of human DNA If you go to the Fuselage page it vibrates.

http://snark.infopop.cc/blog/stretch.jpg

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 08:45 AM
There were 48 survivors of the flight, not 42. (I'm pretty sure).

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Lenny said using the numbers opened the box. :hmmm:

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 08:54 AM
The total of the numbers is 108. 1+0+8=9, which returns us to the magical 9.

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 08:54 AM
Lenny said using the numbers opened the box. :hmmm:
The hatch in the jungle?

Something else that kind of slipped by, was Hurley was apparently in the looney bin for some time. I wonder why?

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 08:55 AM
The Connect Four field is 7 columns by 6 rows, 42 spots.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 08:55 AM
Something else that kind of slipped by, was Hurley was apparently in the looney bin for some time. I wonder why?I was wondering that also. And what did he do to his family? (remember in the interview when he was talking about that, before his grandfather keeled over)

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 08:57 AM
23 is the number on the trolley in the opening sequence of Three's Company. :hmmm:

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 08:57 AM
I was wondering that also. And what did he do to his family? (remember in the interview when he was talking about that, before his grandfather keeled over)
Well, I just assumed it was because he was in the psycho ward for awhile. But I wonder what he did to get there?

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Is the cradle Locke made the same as the one in Claire's dream? :hmmm:

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Well, I just assumed it was because he was in the psycho ward for awhile. But I wonder what he did to get there?

I wonder if Hurley was on television more than once.

When Hurly was on t.v. in Korea wasn't he getting into a car? Last night when he won the lottery and had the press meeting, there was no car in the area. Could he have been on television twice? Once for the lottery, once for what put him in the looney bin? I also think he was wearing different clothes, but I'm not 100% certain.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 09:17 AM
23 is the number on the trolley in the opening sequence of Three's Company. Seek help.

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I wonder if Hurley was on television more than once.

When Hurly was on t.v. in Korea wasn't he getting into a car? Last night when he won the lottery and had the press meeting, there was no car in the area. Could he have been on television twice? Once for the lottery, once for what put him in the looney bin? I also think he was wearing different clothes, but I'm not 100% certain.
What kind of car was he getting in? Could it have been a police car from when he was falsely arrested?

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 09:20 AM
The chick Sawyer hooked up with before he went to Australia to kill his daddy's swindler was played by the same actress who called the Lottery on TV.

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 09:21 AM
What kind of car was he getting in? Could it have been a police car from when he was falsely arrested?

Actually there is a photo in post 862 of this thread that shows Hurley getting into a car. It doesn't look lottery related.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Is the cradle Locke made the same as the one in Claire's dream? :hmmm:

No

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
The numbers added up equal 108 which is considered a holy number in some religions.

On a mala, or set of mantra counting beads, there are generally 108 beads, or some fraction of that number

Powers of 1, 2, and 3 in math: 1 to 1st power=1; 2 to 2nd power=4 (2x2); 3 to 3rd power=27 (3x3x3). 1x4x27=108

Desires: There are said to be 108 earthly desires in mortals.

Lies: There are said to be 108 lies that humans tell.

Delusions: There are said to be 108 human delusions or forms of ignorance.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Also Hurley owns the box company where Locke works

KCTitus
03-03-2005, 09:59 AM
HOOORAY!!! After roughly 10 weeks, we finally have movement on the show! Some meat on the bone as it were...why did this take so long to develop, I'll never understand.

String a few shows like this together and the series starts to regain some of its original luster. I just hope we dont go back to 4 weeks of re-runs followed by 6 weeks of people bitching about ancillary things.

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 10:12 AM
I just hope we dont go back to 4 weeks of re-runs followed by 6 weeks of people bitching about ancillary things.
Well, next week is a re-run. Anyone know when the next new episode will air?

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Six weeks, I think.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Well, next week is a re-run. Anyone know when the next new episode will air?

April 13th

KCTitus
03-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Lord...so this one damned episode sits on its own until April? I'll have forgotten the numbers by then, either that or I'll be as squirrly as that guy playing connect four waiting for the next episode to reveal something about the numbers.

This show is beyond frustrating.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Lord...so this one damned episode sits on its own until April? I'll have forgotten the numbers by then, either that or I'll be as squirrly as that guy playing connect four waiting for the next episode to reveal something about the numbers.

This show is beyond frustrating.

I think since there is so much information in the show people have to watch it twice so hence the reruns. You have watched the new episodes and it reveals quite a bit and then you go back and watch it you can how it connects and how much more information you can pick out.

Yeah it is frustrating but maybe in those episodes you missed something and now you go back and see OMG I did not see that.

keg in kc
03-03-2005, 11:34 AM
I've been wishing for a while I'd taped the series from the start so I could watch it over from the beginning. I'm not too interested in watching reruns from the middle of the season.

Deberg_1990
03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
I think since there is so much information in the show people have to watch it twice so hence the reruns. You have watched the new episodes and it reveals quite a bit and then you go back and watch it you can how it connects and how much more information you can pick out.

Yeah it is frustrating but maybe in those episodes you missed something and now you go back and see OMG I did not see that.

Next season they need to work on showing it all at once like 24 did this year. It started late but with no repeats or interruptions.

Bearcat
03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
After a while, I got comfortable with the theory that they weren't going to have any big breakthroughs until they were done with everyone's initial set of flashbacks.

I'm glad I stayed patient with it (sort of patient), and I think now that they're done (the initial set, that is) it'll stay on it's current pace, instead of going for a month without doing anything productive like before.

Looking back on some of the less-exciting episodes, and from what frazod said a week or two ago, I now sort of understand where they were coming from.... they wanted to build the frame of the puzzle with everyone's story/flashbacks, but couldn't have the group doing too much because it was all leading up to Hurley's story/the island's curse.

I had looked forward to last night's episode more than any previous episode, and they delivered with some great stuff.... and I'm glad they didn't leave on a huge cliffhanger (for example, if they had drawn out the episode a little, and ended with the gun in Hurley's face, my head would have exploded).

I have a class on Wednesdays starting in a few weeks, so they need to change the night.... Tuesday would work :p

KCTitus
03-03-2005, 11:47 AM

possibly, but IMO, that's what the DVD's are for.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 11:49 AM
possibly, but IMO, that's what the DVD's are for.

Which will be coming out is September.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 02:27 PM
23,000 Kates reward

23 is a weird number lots of websites with 23

16 weeks since someone won the lottery

4 guns

Kclee
03-03-2005, 02:50 PM
23,000 Kates reward

23 is a weird number lots of websites with 23

16 weeks since someone won the lottery

4 guns

I thought it was 5. 4 in the case, 1 on the guy.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 02:59 PM
John Locke
and
Rousseau are both 18th century philosophers?

John Locke wrote about tabula rasa (blank slate)
Beginning blank, the human mind acquires knowledge through the use of the five senses and a process of reflection...
A description of his work/rules:These rules of simplicity and social restraint applied to other aspects of human society. Emotionalism and theatricality were out; human reason, simplicity, and intellectual restraint were in.

Sounds an awful lot like the Locke character.

Jean-Jacques Rosseau was a French philosopher during the same time period as Locke.
"In The Social Contract, although discussing the same topic of liberty as Locke, approaches the argument from a different perspective. Freedom, in Rousseau's mind, is the right to function completely independent of others and to be the judge and master of his own decisions"

- SOUNDS like Danielle...

Wonder if any other philosopher's will emerge in the story line... This seems strangly coincidental.

23,000 kates reward

16 weeks since a lotto winner

4 guns

23 is a interesting number lots of websites about it

I do believe Jacks seat was 23a

The Backgammon game pieces Locke had contained 30 pieces - 15 "light"/white and 15 "dark"/black.

jack, kate, and charlie find the pilot 16 hours after the crash

micheals raft will only carry 4 people

apparently 23 is te universla trigger number, has shit to do with conspiracies and stuff read more here

Charlie shoots Ethan 4 times

# of aces on Boone's t-shirt

hitman tells Jin to drive 8 kilometers

Shannon's dad died when she was 8 so was Sawyer
- # of whiskey shots between Sawyer and Christian Shepherd
- Channel 8 on reporter's microphone that is interviewing Hurley

- # of members on Danielle's research team
- # on whiskey bottle that Sawyer and Christian Shepherd drink from

Backgammon dice
Jack told the pilot that it had been 16 hours since the crash

When Locke was talking to his "girlfriend" on the phone she said she had enjoyed talking to him these past few months. Locke quickly corrects her by saying, "8 months".

The shirt Hurley was wearing while driving the H2 had 8 on it.

Chiefnj
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Some interesting speculation I read on another board. I'll sum it up. The Korean guy Kim? was on his way to LA to deliver a watch to some of his spouse's fathers business partners right? Hurley lives near LA. Could it be that the reason Hurley was on Korean television was because as the lottery winner his accountants/managers invested in a company with ties to the father-in-laws business? He was on tv as part of a business story and Kim was on his way to bring a watch to Hurley.

KC Dan
03-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Is this series based on the Chiefs Front Office?

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Well i have to give props to this show.

How many shows have the networks brought out since tv started that actually make you think about each show. Gathering up clues and information that at the time doesn't seem to important?

Keep in mind the writers would have to think about the big picture, then piece it out on a series. We are around 17 episodes into it and it leads you on and thinking about whats happening there. The last episode 'Numbers' really got people to thinking from that angle. And now many of the numbers givin on other episodes seem to coincide.

I would imagine this series was a problem trying to get ABC executives to agree to film it. Let alone the producers saying "Oh btw, we want to film it in Hawaii!" $$$$$

Maybe this might open up other series show which makes us ponder and think instead of the mindless crap that is dished out to the public year after year.

This last episode 'Numbers' was fun to watch as well. I mean i don't think any of us who kept up with the series thought much about Hurleys character and what he meant to the story.
Also seeing some of the bad fortune that happened was funny. Even watching his reaction when he financial/attourney guy was telling him that hes makeing lots of money Hurley looked bummed out about it.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 03:06 PM
When Boone goes to Australia to "rescue" Shannon, he tells her "15 hours - I've just spent 15 hours on a plane".

Boone told Jack that Shannon always forgets her asthma medicine so he packed 4 inhalers in his suitcase for her.

When Locke and Boone are sitting in the jungle staring at the hatch, Locke tells Bonne the story of Michael Angelo who wanted to sculpt so badly that he would go and sit in front of the huge hunk of marble every day for 4 months. Boone asks Locke, "We're not gonna stare at this thing for 4 months are we?"

When Boone wants to tell Shannon about the hatch, Locke knocks him out and ties him up. When Boone wakes up (there is some conversation) Locke tells Boone that when he has the proper motivation he cut himself free and that camp is "4 miles due west".

So far, Walt(bird, bad things), Claire(psychic), and Hurley(bad things) have had unusual(magical) things going on before they came to the island.

Another thought Did Jacks dad put the pacemaker in Hurley's Grandpa?

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Another thought Did Jacks dad put the pacemaker in Hurley's Grandpa?

Hurleys grandpa who was born in 1923, had Jacks dad who was born in 1942 put a pacemaker in after Hurleys dad had 4 strokes.

Now Jacks dad already had done 16 other transplant surgerys, of those 8 of his patients have died for some reason.

Jacks dad when he was at the bar drank 15 shots of Tequila.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 03:32 PM
The first season will depict their first 40 days on the island, with each episode covering roughly 48 hours (except the 2-hour pilot which only covers their first 24 hours). The Biblical reference (40 days) is no accident.
Many of the writing team have a Minor in Sociology, which is going to help in writing character interactions.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 03:37 PM
In epidsode 5 White Rabbit Jacks episode

Sawyer can be seen reading Watership Down, a classic novel in which a group of rabbits set out to make a new home, together in unfamiliar surroundings.

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 04:00 PM
In epidsode 5 White Rabbit Jacks episode

Sawyer can be seen reading Watership Down, a classic novel in which a group of rabbits set out to make a new home, together in unfamiliar surroundings.
This week he was reading 'A Wrinkle in Time.'

No truth to the rumor that, when they return, he'll have moved on to Ramona the Pest. . . . or Encyclopedia Brown.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Numbers 2
If you add all the digits of the numbers plus Hurley's worth in america ($156 mil) 4+8+1+5+1+6+2+3+4+2+1+5+6=48 which is the same number of the original survivors on the island.
More with addition and subtraction
If you add up the numbers, 4+8+15+16+23+42=108, and subtract that from Hurley's net worth (156-108=48), again, it equals the number of survivors.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 04:10 PM
A Locke-centric episode.
Deux Ex Machina= God from the machine; refers to an
implausible ending where everything is solved and justice is served.
The episode title is also similar to the title of Chapter 48 of Watership Down "Dea ex Machina." (Watership Down is the book that Sawyer was reading that came from Boone's suitcase).

Deus ex machina"
Lost seems to have a habit of double meanings, or taking things literally in episode titles. "Walkabout" is an expedition, but has to do with Locke's situation as well. "Whatever the Case May Be" refers to what's in the briefcase. So "God in the machine" could very well mean Locke finding a way to open the large metal hatch, and finding something that gives this island its godlike powers and occurrences.

Episode Title: Deux Ex Machina
The title stems from the proper word "deus ex machina." The saying, simply put, is defined as a person or event that provides a sudden and unexpected solution to a difficulty

ct
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
I was wondering that also. And what did he do to his family? (remember in the interview when he was talking about that, before his grandfather keeled over)

killed his father?

ct
03-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Some interesting speculation I read on another board. I'll sum it up. The Korean guy Kim? was on his way to LA to deliver a watch to some of his spouse's fathers business partners right? Hurley lives near LA. Could it be that the reason Hurley was on Korean television was because as the lottery winner his accountants/managers invested in a company with ties to the father-in-laws business? He was on tv as part of a business story and Kim was on his way to bring a watch to Hurley.

NICE!
:clap:

Dartgod
03-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Numbers 2
If you add all the digits of the numbers plus Hurley's worth in america ($156 mil) 4+8+1+5+1+6+2+3+4+2+1+5+6=48 which is the same number of the original survivors on the island.
More with addition and subtraction
If you add up the numbers, 4+8+15+16+23+42=108, and subtract that from Hurley's net worth (156-108=48), again, it equals the number of survivors.
If you add up the numner of times I took a dump last month (76) and subtract it from Hurley's weight (350), it equals the number of times you've over-analyzed the show (274).

Seek help. Seriously...

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Claire says "Thanks for building me a crib Locke!"

Locke "No Claire, i said i want to take you back to my crib."

Fairplay
03-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Seriously. I think that Charlie will be (or is) an evil person.

Too many things he has done has brought me to that belief.
Even though at times he seems like a decent guy. Thats my take anyway.

KingPriest2
03-03-2005, 06:10 PM
If you add up the numner of times I took a dump last month (76) and subtract it from Hurley's weight (350), it equals the number of times you've over-analyzed the show (274).

Seek help. Seriously...

first I took this from another site

second who cares

third damn you are a fat ass

Dartgod
03-04-2005, 08:36 AM

second who cares

Actually, my ass is quite slim. My gut is a different story, however.

Relax, dude. I'm just having fun with ya. ;)

Kclee
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM

second who cares

Hey, easy Francis. Well I'm glad you got that from another site because I was begining to wonder. I thought if they would happen to cancel the show, you'd be on a very tall building or bridge somewhere. And no need for name calling. Bastard!

KingPriest2
03-04-2005, 09:05 AM
Actually, my ass is quite slim. My gut is a different story, however.

Relax, dude. I'm just having fun with ya. ;)

Ah now the truth comes out.

Hey I am cool Don't worry about it.

oldandslow
03-04-2005, 12:56 PM
This was a great episode...and I agree with Titus...finally some plot line!!!

My take on the numbers...

4 8 15 16 23=66
(42) 4 2 = 6
(42) 7(good #) x 6(evil #)=42

according to the Psychic, Claire's baby is "evil" if she doesn't raise it...soooo

it's the Anti-Christ...

or maybe not...

cause it's not French...and everyone knows the Anti-Christ has to be French....

But maybe Ethan was stealing it for Danielle and then it becomes pseudo-kinda-French...

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 05:08 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1034028_3_0_,00.html

Lost & Found
How ''Lost'''s Naveen Andrews has conquered his demons. From a turn in ''The English Patient'' to a role on TV's ''Lost,'' Andrews has also conquered the odds by Missy Schwartz

AMAZING RACE On typecasting Andrews explains, ''Most white people would give their left leg to play some of the complex, tortured parts I've gotten to play''

Naveen Andrews does not like Bollywood. Hates it , actually. ''It's propaganda to keep the whole caste structure in place,'' he says, sitting in the lounge of a Manhattan hotel. His admittedly ''extreme view'' of India's over-the-top musical cinema did not, however, turn him off to Bride & Prejudice, Gurinder Chadha's Jane Austen-meets-modern India extravaganza in which he plays a singing and dancing Mr. Bingley. ''I've never played anybody so full of joy.'' Besides, he adds with a devilish grin, ''I'll do anything for a job.''

These days, of course, Andrews doesn't have to. As Sayid, the tech-savvy former Iraqi soldier from ABC's hit series Lost, he's a bona fide American TV star. ''People have responded to the character, and I'm grateful,'' says the British actor, 36, in his twangy South London accent that's nothing like Sayid's. ''I'm able to cope with things that I don't think I could have 10 years ago. How successful [the show] has been — I would have gone mad when I was younger.''

Given Andrews' tumultuous past, it's a wonder he didn't wind up in the deep end — or worse. Born in London to Indian immigrant parents whom he describes as ''very violent,'' he left home at 16 and, like many teenagers, started dabbling in drugs and drinking. (His parents are now both dead.) He ''got by'' living with friends and in squats until winning, at 17, a scholarship to London's prestigious Guildhall School of Music & Drama, where Ewan McGregor was a classmate. ''It was a place to be for three years,'' explains Andrews, who also sings and plays guitar. ''I'd heard it was glamorous, you know, there'd be girls.'' And women: At 18, he moved in with a teacher 15 years his senior; five years later, they had a son. By now, he was abusing substances regularly, yet somehow managed to build his résumé. In 1995, Anthony Minghella cast him as The English Patient's mine-defusing lieutenant, and two years later, he starred in Mira Nair's erotic drama Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love as a lascivious, smacked-out 16th-century king. Shot in India, the film was, Andrews recalls, ''my Rolling Stones 1972 tour. I was on everything. In India, the heroin is pure.''

KingPriest2
03-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Well received as those movies were, by the time they came out, Andrews had gained a reputation as a ''drunk,'' and top-notch directors stopped calling. ''I blew it in the '90s in England because of my habits,'' he admits. A supporting part in 1998's goofball gorilla comedy Mighty Joe Young brought him to the States, where he soon got sober and met his current girlfriend, actress Barbara Hershey, 57, his costar in 1999's straight-to-video Drowning on Dry Land. Though open about his personal life, Andrews has no patience for what he perceives as America's age-difference double standard. ''Michael Douglas can look 70 and go out with Catherine Zeta-Jones, and nobody f---ing blinks an eyelid,'' he says, exasperated.

Andrews' formerly addictive behavior may have burned a few bridges in the U.K., but Chadha (Bend It Like Beckham) cast him without hesitation. ''He's a superb actor,'' says the director, also British-Indian. ''He's not had an easy upbringing, and he doesn't hide that — it's in his eyes. That's his appeal.... Unfortunately, there aren't many roles for people that look like him.''

Which makes his part on Lost all the more remarkable. ''I thought, They're gonna have an Iraqi in the Republican Guard on prime time?! F---, no! Especially when the country is at war!'' Andrews laughs. ''They had the courage to push the envelope that far.'' Racial typecasting will always be an issue, he knows, but so far, he's found ''more opportunity'' for nonwhite actors in America than in Britain. And to some degree, he's even learned to embrace it. ''Recently, I've started thinking that most white people would give their left leg to play some of the complex, tortured parts I've gotten to play, so it can work for you,'' he reasons. ''Some white geezer can't be a 16th-century opium junkie, shagging everything in sight.''

Baby Lee
03-08-2005, 05:15 PM
So Bride and Prejudice is going forward? Cool. Gurindar was talking about that on the Bend it Like Beckham commentary track, or somewhere on the DVD anyways.
Been looking forward to her 'outsider who's somewhat of an insider' take on Bollywood.

KingPriest2
03-19-2005, 02:39 PM
03/19 - ABC will air a one-hour "introductory guide" to Lost. The special is designed to help new viewers catch up on the series' sometimes dense mythology as well as act as a refresher course for regular fans. The "Lost" special, set to air on Wednesday, April 27 at 8:00/7:00c (the show's regular time period), will focus on the characters of Jack (Matthew Fox), Kate (Evangeline Lilly), Locke (Terry O'Quinn), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) and retell their respective backstories in a linear fashion. It's unclear however how the clips will be introduced and if the hour will include any "behind-the-scenes"-type footage. Source: TheFutonCritic
03/16 - According to one of the producers, there is a new series regular, Daniel Roebuck. He will appear in the last

KingPriest2
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
new episode

KingPriest2
03-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Hiatus a headache for ‘Lost,’ ‘Wives’ fans
Viewers of ABC dramas grow impatient with reruns

Mario Perez / ABC
Hold that pose: Fans of "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" are getting used to waiting a long time for plots to move forward.
COMMENTARY
By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
MSNBC
Updated: 5:32 p.m. ET March 26, 2005Let's see, so, on "Lost," the castaways are building a second raft, Claire still hasn't had that baby, and Hurley has befriended the Frenchwoman. And on "Desperate Housewives," Carlos has replaced Gabrielle's birth-control pills, Lynette thwarted Tom's promotion, and ... what exactly is going on with the investigation into Martha Huber's murder, again? And what do viewers know about the mysterious Dana, and the equally mysterious Deirdre?

If you're a viewer of ABC's two top-rated dramas, you can be forgiven if some of the plot points in each have begun to slip your mind. The latest new episode of soapy "Desperate Housewives" aired on Feb. 20, with no new episodes until five weeks later, on March 27. Things are slightly better for fans of plane-crash drama "Lost." Its latest new episode aired on March 2, with a new episode planned for March 30.

Sure, fans know that filming new episodes takes time and money, and that reruns will always be a part of television. But if the amount of e-mail complaints MSNBC.com has received is any indication, viewers think the situation with these two shows is different.

Both "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" require viewers to keep a constant mental chart of who's keeping secrets about what, and what has yet to be revealed. That's a lot of material to juggle, especially when months may go by between revelations.

Fans get ‘Lost’
Says Marcia from Michigan: "All of us at work watch ["Lost"], however, we are becoming very discouraged & may quit watching it. This is a show that you have to follow closely EVERY week. Then BANG, [the network] throws 2-3 reruns in the middle of everything! So please, let’s keep the show running, so that people can follow the story. I'd hate to see it go off the air for that reason."

Reader B. Williams says: "I have watched 'Lost' from the beginning and was a huge fan. The suspense was awesome, the good guys good, the bad guys bad and the plot was actually in existence. (Rare for reality-swamped television.) The problem is they keep showing reruns. At this point in time I don't care where Claire's baby is, where Ethan (or was it Evan? see, I can't even remember their names anymore) came from, whether or not the French woman is really crazy, why there are polar bears on the island, etc. ... Too bad because this show had serious potential."

Desperate "Housewives" fans aren't happy, either. Says Lori in San Juan: "I love the show, however I think they are bringing in too many new stories and not completing old ones. For instance, what happened to the body in the trunk? How is the old lady in the coma? And what’s with all the reruns? By the time a new one comes, I have forgotten what’s going on.”

Part of the problem is that both shows are striving for something that's more like "Twin Peaks" than "Dallas." Unlike that show's famed "Who shot J.R.?" plotline, these mysteries aren't always straightforward. Writers don't want us to have an exact picture of who Dana is on "Desperate Housewives," or what exactly young Walt's powers are on "Lost." They deliver flashes, just enough to spark viewers' interest. So when there's a long break between episodes, it's easy for readers to forget exactly what was going on.

Devoted fans
Jeff Bader, executive vice president, ABC Entertainment, has heard the complaints. He tells of a letter from one angry viewer who'd scheduled her Sundays around "Desperate Housewives" viewing and was quite angry about the reruns, comparing the show to dramas on HBO that don't do the same thing. And some viewers compare the shows to ABC's own "Alias" or FOX's "24," which seem to run fairly uninterrupted streams of new episodes.

But it's only fair to point out that HBO has been known to wait 16 months between showing seasons of "The Sopranos." And where "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" began when most new TV seasons kicked off, in the fall of 2004, "Alias" and "24" both started their new seasons in January.

Top-rated show "CSI" seems to be immune from rerun complaints, but Bader points out that in five weeks of December, only one new "CSI" episode aired — and during January, only one new episode of "CSI: Miami" was shown.

He's got a point: Because each episode of "CSI" ties up the case within one show, that show doesn't get called on the carpet for its reruns as much as the two ABC dramas. It's because viewers savor "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" so much, opening up Web sites and discussion groups to pick apart the meaning of Hurley's mysterious numbers or the true identity of baby Dana, that they're so irate when there's nothing new to discuss.

Fans can start to relax, however. Bader says they can look ahead to only one "Desperate Housewives" rerun from now until the show's yet-undated season finale. "Lost" fans will get two new shows, then two reruns, then all new episodes up until the two-part season finale. "There's still a lot to come," says Bader.

Still, Bader understands viewers' frustration. "There's a passion right now for 'Desperate Housewives,' " he says. "I get upset too when there's a few weeks between scripts. I want to know what's going to happen!"

Frazod
03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
Bump for Deberg (I saw this on the BB earlier today).

Frazod
03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
We've got some nasty storms blowing through the area this evening. With my luck, the next wave will hit right in the middle of tonight's episode and disrupt my satellite signal. :#

Deberg_1990
03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Bump for Deberg (I saw this on the BB earlier today).

Thanks man! I dont know how you found it, but you did!

Frazod
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanks man! I dont know how you found it, but you did!

Somebody else found it. I just noticed that they did. It was only back a couple of pages.

Frazod
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Looks like its "f#ck with Locke" week. :D

Deberg_1990
03-30-2005, 07:14 PM
Somebody else found it. I just noticed that they did. It was only back a couple of pages.

really? wow, well that was my problem then. I went back initially like 3 weeks and couldnt find it. I ended up giving up.

Bob Dole
03-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Teresa is all over those mother****ing stairs. What a freak.

Frazod
03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
really? wow, well that was my problem then. I went back initially like 3 weeks and couldnt find it. I ended up giving up.

KingPriest is relentless. :thumb:

Deberg_1990
03-30-2005, 08:12 PM
"have you ever had sex with a prostitute?"

"Dude, looks like someone steamrolled Harry Potter"

hahaha...classic stuff.

Another great episode tonight.....Locke got screwed over hard. So whats in the Pod? Aliens?? Will Boone Live or Die?? Its about time that chick had her baby, she was having labor pains like 3 months ago. Tune in next week!

BigOlChiefsfan
03-30-2005, 08:32 PM
The actor who plays Locke did a heckuva job tonite.

Frazod
03-30-2005, 08:54 PM
Had to take a break to pick up the wife and get dinner. Just got done watching it.

WOW. Great episode, awesome backstory. That's about as good as it gets. Can't wait until next week! :thumb:

ct
03-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Had a mixup with the VCR, anybody offer a recap?

Frazod
03-30-2005, 09:53 PM
Had a mixup with the VCR, anybody offer a recap?
Feature character was Locke.

Backstory: Locke was put up for adoption and raised in foster homes. He is approached by his birthmother. He then hires an investigator to verify her claim and finds out who his father is - a very wealthy man. Eventually Locke learns that his father is on dialysis and needs a kidney to survive. Locke donates his kidney. After the operation, he wakes up alone in the hospital, to find that the father had left. The father sent the mother to track Locke down, then conned him into a relationship only to get the organ. After that, the prick father won't see him. Very brutal.

Story: Locke and Boone try to get through the hatch. A contraption they build to smash it fails, and Locke gets a piece of wood through the leg, which doesn't cause him pain. He realizes that he is losing sensation in his legs, and slowly begins to lose the use of them. He has a dream about a yellow plane crashing into the jungle, and believes there is something in the plane that he can use to open the hatch. He and Boone find the plane, crashed in a tree. By this point, Locke can't walk anymore. Boone climbs into the plane, only to discover that plane's dead occupants were drug runners, and the only thing in the plane is heroin (no, Charlie doesn't know yet). Boone's moving around in the plane causes it to shift and fall out of the tree and crash about 30 feet to the ground with Boone inside. Boone gets MAJORLY f#cked up. Locke regains the use of his legs and hauls Boone back to Jack. Boone appears to have a sucking chest wound and a grim prognosis for survival. Locke returns to the hatch, starts beating on it, and then a light comes on from beneath the glass. Episode ends.

And Sawyer is farsighted. Sayeed makes him some glasses.

That is all.

big nasty kcnut
03-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Awesome show best things i think charlie hit the lottery with the heroin. Sawyer need a smackdown now. Jack should hit on the bank robber girl and locke is so nuts it's scary.

ct
03-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks frazod, appreciate the update!!

Anybody know if ABC Family reairs any of the Lost episodes, like they used to do with the Mole? This is the 1st episode we've missed, sure would like to catch it at some point.

Frazod
03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks frazod, appreciate the update!!

Anybody know if ABC Family reairs any of the Lost episodes, like they used to do with the Mole? This is the 1st episode we've missed, sure would like to catch it at some point.

I don't know. But I missed one back in February, so if you find out they do, please let me know.

BTW, the episode was far better than my brief synopsis made it sound - it easily ranks among the best.

KCJake
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM

Story: Locke and Boone try to get through the hatch. A contraption they build to smash it fails, and Locke gets a piece of wood through the leg, which doesn't cause him pain. He realizes that he is losing sensation in his legs, and slowly begins to lose the use of them. He has a dream about a yellow plane crashing into the jungle, and believes there is something in the plane that he can use to open the hatch. He and Boone find the plane, crashed in a tree. By this point, Locke can't walk anymore. Boone climbs into the plane, only to discover that plane's dead occupants were drug runners, and the only thing in the plane is heroin (no, Charlie doesn't know yet). Boone's moving around in the plane causes it to shift and fall out of the tree and crash about 30 feet to the ground with Boone inside. Boone gets MAJORLY f#cked up. Locke regains the use of his legs and hauls Boone back to Jack. Boone appears to have a sucking chest wound and a grim prognosis for survival. Locke returns to the hatch, starts beating on it, and then a light comes on from beneath the glass. Episode ends.

And Sawyer is farsighted. Sayeed makes him some glasses.

That is all.

One more thing, when Boone was looking around inside the plane, he was able to get a radio signal. He didn't say much, other than help! We are the survivors of flight 218!! Or something like that.
This show is so awesome!! I can't wait until next week

ZootedGranny
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
The most interesting part of the show for me was that transmission. Boone said that they were the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. The guy on the other end said that there were no survivors, as if it were fact.

Baby Lee
03-31-2005, 07:15 AM
"Can you tell me where the footballs are?"
"Aisle 8 for regulation, 15 for Nerf."

Dartgod
03-31-2005, 08:18 AM
I was hoping they would reveal how Locke became paralyzed and where he learned all his survival skills. Still a great episode though.

First one I got to watch in HDTV too. :D

Alton deFlat
03-31-2005, 08:27 AM

Backstory: Locke was put up for adoption and raised in foster homes. He is approached by his birthmother. He then hires an investigator to verify her claim and finds out who his father is - a very wealthy man. Eventually Locke learns that his father is on dialysis and needs a kidney to survive. Locke donates his kidney. After the operation, he wakes up alone in the hospital, to find that the father had left. The father sent the mother to track Locke down, then conned him into a relationship only to get the organ. After that, the prick father won't see him. Very brutal.

Yea, that bastard was a whole lot nicer when he was on Dallas.

KingPriest2
03-31-2005, 08:36 AM
The most interesting part of the show for me was that transmission. Boone said that they were the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815. The guy on the other end said that there were no survivors, as if it were fact.

I read somewhere it sounded like Bonne on the other end. they thought maybe from the future. Someone also mentioned that the other end might be from the others.

KingPriest2
03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Any one else think that Lockes story was connected to the Mousetrap game?

Why were there Nigerian drug runners on the island? If you took the numbers and used them as coordinates it is located in central Africa maybe less then 1000 miles from Nigeria.

Don't tell Charlie!

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2005, 10:17 PM
I'd just like to thank the ****ing morons at Memphis' shittiest news/weather team (They're truly worthless; if there's severe weather, you can be damn sure I'll be tuned to 3 or 5, or maybe even 13, but 24/30? Hah.) for breaking in for TWO GODDAMN MINUTES at the end of the ****ing show to announce a severe thunderstorm warning had been issued for a county in Arkansas on the fringe of the viewing area. Lord knows they couldn't have placed an alert on the bottom of the screen for it rather than destroy the ending of the show.

I could understand if it had been some huge severe weather event, but this was a line of medium-strength storms heading into the area and one of them happened to be severe, and they said absolutely nothing about it that couldn't have been conveyed via the ever-handy popup images on the screen during the show. It's even more frustrating considering the fact that I've only now gotten around to watching it.

As Talisman (?) so eloquently said, tape-delayed weathermen save no one. :banghead:

It cut from Boone being thrust onto the table thing and Kate being sent for towels to Locke in the hospital bed post-surgery and his mother looking sad. I had already basically guessed what would happen, so it didn't surprise me that he'd be upset, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

keg in kc
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Psicosis, that's exactly why I hate May sweeps. All these shows will have their season finales, and INEVITABLY I'll have not just a weather break in, but goddamn thunderstorm and tornado warning maps covering half the f*cking screen for the entire goddamn show. It drives me f*cking nuts every f*cking year. For crissakes, if I gave a shit about the weather I'd be watching the f*cking weather channel.

Ultra Peanut
04-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Psicosis, that's exactly why I hate May sweeps. All these shows will have their season finales, and INEVITABLY I'll have not just a weather break in, but goddamn thunderstorm and tornado warning maps covering half the f*cking screen for the entire goddamn show. It drives me f*cking nuts every f*cking year. For crissakes, if I gave a shit about the weather I'd be watching the f*cking weather channel.I totally understand the maps and stuff. Even split-screen. But breaking in for TWO GODDAMN MINUTES to say, "Huh. Look at that. Severe thunderstorm warning. Bet you'd like to be seeing your show right now, huh? Tough shit, bitch. We're running this ship! Let me use a telestrator to draw a bunny rabbit! Or is it an alligator? Whatever it is, you're watching me until I feel like showing you what you want to watch!" is really stupid when the same message could be sent without interrupting the show entirely.

Frazod
04-03-2005, 10:40 PM
It was storming like hell up here during last week's episode as well. At no point did they actually interrupt the broadcast, but the shit they put at the bottom, corners AND sides at multiple times throughout the broadcast is so big now that it takes up about a third of the screen. It was annoying as hell.

Isn't it enough to SAY what counties are under a storm warning? A small streamer at the bottom of the screen? Do we really need to show a MAP? IMO, if you're too f#cking stupid to know what county you live in, you probably won't be able to identify it on a map, either. :shake:

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
A new episode again tonight! God must favor us LOST fans. How many series would people actually have to put up with the many reruns the show has already had?

Praise God! For he has given us another new show! Two weeks in a row!
Last week was a great episode. I look forward to another one.

Frazod
04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
A new episode again tonight! God must favor us LOST fans. How many series would people actually have to put up with the many reruns the show has already had?

Praise God! For he has given us another new show! Two weeks in a row!
Last week was a great episode. I look forward to another one.

I was digging for at the exact same time you bumped it. Went back over 25 pages before I figured that must have happened. :banghead:

Thanks for finding it, though.

Frazod
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Sawyer wasn't a dick about the alcohol! :eek:

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 07:10 PM
sun talking to jack in english.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
The way Claire was standing is actually more natural for childbirth.

Charlie says to himself "I sense a huge supplie of grade A herion on this island and its driving me nuts, where the heck is this free, get as high as a kite smack at!??????"

Kate broke some booze bottles, that sucks. That could have gone to good use.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Charlie probably has a stash of needles in case if ever found the 'promised land'. Give Jack one of them dude.

Frazod
04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Charlie probably has a stash of needles in case if ever found the 'promised land'. Give Jack one of them dude.

IIRC, he didn't shoot - he snorted.

Should be interesting when he comes across the massive stash in the Beechcraft. :drool: