PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 06:26 PM
kate going to deliever the baby wow and charlie helping out.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Hmmmmm...they are supposed to say something about Locke tonight. He gave the shaft to that dude just like Locke's old man gave him. Sucker!!!

Anyone see the movie Dawn of the dead? (2004). That would be funny if Claires baby looked like that when it came out, heh.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:29 PM
IIRC, he didn't shoot - he snorted.

Should be interesting when he comes across the massive stash in the Beechcraft. :drool:

I thought Charlie was a herion addict?

VonneMarie
04-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Shannon is really getting on my nerves. :mad:

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
You can sniff heroin in powder form.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Jack says we will nickname Boone "hop-a-long" after i cut off his leg.

Jacks dad sez, "Son let me show you how a real man swigs this vodka."

Hurley sez "I have 150 million bucks, but it doesn't do sh*t for me on this god forsaken island, dude."

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:44 PM
You can sniff heroin in powder form.

If i remember correctly the stuff Charlie had was brown, not white. Which with the shakes and chills he had afterwards i presumed was herion.

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
boone daughter in love with the iraq dude wow.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:48 PM
boone daughter in love with the iraq dude wow.

She says i never made it with an Iraq republican guard before.

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 06:49 PM
jack should get a bj for that vow he gave.

Fairplay
04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
I guess Boone was on the expendable list so the producers had him bite the bullet.

Jacks gonna be pissed at Locke now.

Jack will say to Locke that Boone was mumbleing somthing about a plane crashing. Locke will say how the hell did we all get here you jag-ass! BTW, wanna help me open this door out in the jungle?

big nasty kcnut
04-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Wow boone died oh my god. Where locke and jack going to kill locke.

VonneMarie
04-06-2005, 07:01 PM
OMG! WOW, WOW... WOW!

siberian khatru
04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Glad the producers followed thru on something. A series is stronger when it can sacrifice a character, keep the audience guessing (remember Ed Marinaro getting whacked on "Hill Street Blues"?).

Frazod
04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
I LOVE THIS SHOW! :thumb:

chiefs4me
04-06-2005, 07:38 PM
WOW....Boone is gone. I am just glad it wasn't Saywer...But I am curious as to where the other 40 people that landed with them are at. And that baby looked no where near a newborn......

Michael Michigan
04-06-2005, 07:42 PM
(remember Ed Marinaro getting whacked on "Hill Street Blues"?).

Not soon enough...

Deberg_1990
04-06-2005, 08:10 PM
But I am curious as to where the other 40 people that landed with them are at

They have shown them in the "background" of many scenes sprinkled throughout the season. Last week, they showed about 3 or 4 of them doing something in one scene. On occcasion they may have 1 or 2 lines. IM sure next season they will introduce a few more characters.

Frazod
04-06-2005, 08:13 PM
They have shown them in the "background" of many scenes sprinkled throughout the season. Last week, they showed about 3 or 4 of them doing something in one scene. On occcasion they may have 1 or 2 lines. IM sure next season they will introduce a few more characters.

They're basically the equivalent of Star Trek "redshirts." Doesn't really matter who they are.

KingPriest2
04-07-2005, 11:36 AM
Posted 4/7/2005 12:30 AM Updated 4/6/2005 11:34 PM

Death for Boone, birth for Claire on 'Lost'
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY
This island really is dangerous.

Somerhalder: Boone may not be only death this season.
ABC

As if to underline the deadly serious stakes, first-year hit Lost killed off one of its 14 regular characters Wednesday as Boone (Ian Somerhalder) died of injuries suffered in last week's episode. The show completed a circle of life as another character, Claire (Emilie de Ravin), gave birth.

Boone, a callow young man who had been toughened by island challenges, is the first fatality among the ABC drama's main cast. Although the character hasn't been as central as some, such as Jack, Kate, Sawyer or Locke, he was featured in a flashback episode — a Lost signature — and has been as prominent as any other of the airline crash survivors.

So why Boone?

"It will be very apparent as to why he died, just in terms of figuring out which character's death would impact the most relationships on the island," executive producer Damon Lindelof says.

Boone's death after he was injured when a small plane he was searching through fell from a cliff will affect the character's estranged stepsister, Shannon (Maggie Grace), and her growing love interest, Sayid (Naveen Andrews).

Boone "is the only person that ever really knew and loved Shannon, in spite of herself. Of course, losing him, especially with so much left unsaid and unresolved, will change her irrevocably," Grace says by e-mail from Hawaii, where Lost is filmed.

The series, which averages 15.9 million viewers, was renewed this week for a second season.

Boone's death sparks immediate conflict between two alpha survivors, Jack (Matthew Fox) and Locke (Terry O'Quinn). Locke was searching for ways to open a secret hatch with Boone when he was hurt. Jack, a doctor who tried to save Boone, is furious at Locke, a mysterious adventurer who lied about the cause of the injuries.

Death is "in the DNA" of a show with so many regular characters and an air of imminent danger, Lindelof says. He and fellow executive producer J.J. Abrams decided to have the death come now so that the ramifications could play out leading up to the two-part, three-hour season finale (May 18 and 25, 8 p.m. ET/PT).

And "that's not to say Boone is the only character who dies this season," Lindelof says.

Although Boone's death made sense from a story perspective, that didn't make it any easier telling Somerhalder. Lindelof praises the actor's performance on the show and says Somerhalder has handled the matter gracefully.

Others in the cast, who had wondered whether their characters would die, were saddened by Somerhalder's departure. Sequestered far from Hollywood, they have become "a tightknit group," Grace says.

"The day we filmed Ian's death was pretty heavy for everyone, especially Foxy (Fox's nickname) and Ian. They're very close," she says. "We've all known from Day 1 that we might not all be here for the duration of the show ... but there was still this feeling of camaraderie, that we were all in this together and would be for some time to come

KingPriest2
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
DEAD 'LOST'

By MICHAEL STARR

April 7, 2005 -- THE actor who plays Boone, killed off on last night's "Lost," isn't happy about becoming the first casualty on one of TV's hottest new shows.
"Pretty devastating," Ian Somerhalder tells Entertainment Weekly. "The week [before] I got the call [telling him the bad news], I started looking for a house in Hawaii.

"Now I'm looking for a house in Venice Beach."

Boone died last night from the injuries he suffered after the small plane he was investigating fell out of a tree.

Somerhalder, who played the preppy trust-fund baby, tells EW he understands why "Lost" creators J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof killed off his character.

But he also says they "boxed themselves into a corner" by revealing that someone was going to die — making him and his castmates anxious about which one of them might be the one.

"We really didn't appreciate that. They already fooled the audience twice," he says, with the apparent deaths of Shannon — which turned out to be a dream — and Charlie, who was revived using CPR.

"It's like 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I'm going to stop watching your show.' "

Somerhalder, 26, tells EW he was on a wine-tasting weekend in California last January when he got the bad news from Abrams and Lindelof. "Thank God I already had four glasses of really good pinot in me," he says.

His angst is understandable, considering that "Lost," along with ABC stablemate "Desperate Housewives," is the season's most-talked-about new series.

It's been averaging around 16 million viewers a week and becoming the watercooler show in telling the tale of survivors of a plane crash fending for themselves on a mysterious island.

But "Lost" executive producer Carlton Cuse tells EW that killing off Boone was a necessity because it will affect Locke (Terry O'Quinn) — Boone's father figure — and Jack (Matthew Fox), the island's doctor.

"It was a narrative imperative that we kill Boone," Cuse says. "It sets in motion a chain of events leading to the season finale."

Fans of Somerhalder can take some solace that Boone isn't completely gone — he'll appear via flashback in the two-hour season finale May 25.

"I'll always have a place in Hawaii," Somerhalder says. "Trust me — life is great. And you know what? This show has made it that much better."

EW's story on "Lost" hits newsstands tomorrow.

KingPriest2
04-07-2005, 11:48 AM
The Lost Language of Jin
by Angel Cohn

Daniel Dae Kim

Ever since the Lost castaways crash-landed on ABC's airwaves, the drama's fans have struggled to sort the heroes from the villains. Actor Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin, knows his Korean-speaking character has fallen into the latter bunch because of his domineering attitude toward Sun, his on-screen wife. However, he hopes viewers will warm to Jin as more of his backstory is revealed. Here, TVGuide.com rings up the 36-year-old thesp — previously best known for his memorable guest spots on 24, Angel and ER — to see how he's adjusting to life as a series regular.

TVGuide.com: Have you a favorite crazy theory about the castaways' predicament?
Daniel Dae Kim: I like [the idea] that they are all dead and in purgatory — that they are there for a reason and they have got to seek some kind of salvation.

TVG: How does your role as Jin compare to playing evil attorney Gavin on Angel?
Kim: There is a lot more room to explore the depths of the character. Gavin, as much as I loved him, was more of a functional role. He was there to serve [the villainess] Lilah and provide a foil for her. Jin is a character in his own right, and we're going to watch him develop and grow.

TVG: We finally got more of Jin's backstory in the "... In Translation" episode.
Kim: I think that was a real key to his personality. I think when you see the way his father is, you see the humble beginnings that he came from, you are really seeing his true nature. The Jin that we are seeing on the island has been corrupted by Sun's father and the things that he's been forced to do while he's been working for him. For me, it was a nice reminder of where Jin is going. He's heading back to his roots.

TVG: By leaving Sun?
Kim: For the moment.

TVG: Do you read fans' Internet postings about Lost?
Kim: I used to, but I started realizing that I was taking their comments personally — both good and bad. I needed to distance myself [for the sake of] what I wanted to do with the character.

TVG: How has the response been from Korean viewers?
Kim: I've heard a lot. I'm happy to report that the response has transformed into being very, very positive all around. Initially, I got some negative feedback about the character being stereotypical, but I asked everyone to be patient. I think the patience is starting to be rewarded now. Jin is very far from a stereotype now [that] you understand the specifics of his life and his history. To me, that's the furthest thing from a stereotype.

TVG: Good point.
Kim: I think the Koreans by and large are proud to see themselves represented on the screen. Not just Koreans, but Asian-Americans. There aren't that many well-developed Asian characters on television anywhere. I would argue that Sun and Jin are among the two most developed in the history of television. I'm really proud to be a part of that. I'm so grateful to the producers for taking a risk and putting characters who aren't even speaking English on a prime-time network TV show. It was a huge risk. But I think it has paid off for all of us.

TVG: How hard is it to switch back and forth between speaking English and Korean?
Kim: It is one of the biggest challenges I've ever had as an actor. This is the first role I've ever had where I've been asked to speak Korean. I've had to go back to square one and learn how to approach my character, and my preparation takes a little bit longer than it usually does. That said, it has been a really rewarding challenge; I am so honored to speak the language of my ancestors. It is a way for me to get in touch with my roots and acknowledge that part of me.

TVG: Will Jin complete that raft before the end of the season?
Kim: I think that's a good bet. I think that will be a very important story line as we complete the season.

TVG: Jin is isolated because of the language barrier, but have you personally bonded with your cast mates?
Kim: Absolutely. We all get along really well. The people that I am meanest to on the island are Harold Perrineau [Michael]and Yinjin Kim [Sun], but they happen to be two of the people I'm closest to off camera. It is ironic how that works.

TVG: Are you one of the musical members of the cast?
Kim: I'm afraid I am. Though I'm not nearly as accomplished as Naveen Andrews or Terry O'Quinn. I'm learning guitar, and we get together and just play whenever we can. We bring our guitars to the set and, in between takes, we'll just pick a tune and go.

TVG: Sounds fun. What kind of music do you play?
Kim: I like a lot of alternative rock from the '80s and '90s. I grew up on the Cure, the Smiths, New Order and R.E.M. But because we all play acoustic guitar, we all know the folk songs from the '70s. I was playing Crosby, Stills and Nash with Terry on set. Naveen is like a human jukebox — if you ask him to play any song, he'll play it for you. If you know the lyrics, you've got a band.

TVG: Charlie has his band, Drive Shaft. Maybe Jin should start one, too!
Kim: Yeah, the Lost Boys. [Laughs]

KingPriest2
04-07-2005, 11:49 AM
De Ravin: 'Lost' in transformation
By William Keck, USA TODAY
BURBANK, Calif. — It's the most highly anticipated on-screen birth since Rosemary delivered her satanic surprise back in the 1960s in Rosemary's Baby.

"We tried to make it look as realistic as possible," says Emilie de Ravin of her character's delivery scene.
By Dan MacMedan, USA TODAY

Now, after appearing ready to pop in the pilot episode in September, Lost's Claire will at long last give birth Wednesday (8 ET/PT, ABC). But to whom — or to what? That's the question on the island on which she is marooned with 47 other plane-crash survivors.

Australian Emilie de Ravin, who has played Claire Littleton with the aid of expanding pregnancy pads, has heard every fan theory about what might be growing inside her character's womb.

"I've heard the baby's the devil," says de Ravin, 23. "That it's more than one baby; that it's not a baby. What do they think it is — a dog?"

To be sure, this is no normal pregnancy. Through story lines and flashbacks, we have learned:

• Claire, a resident of Sydney, became pregnant by her boyfriend, who left her.

• A psychic warned Claire that she alone must raise her baby or else the child would be a danger to others. The psychic then booked Claire on the doomed L.A.-bound Oceanic Airlines Flight 815, explaining that he had located a set of adoptive parents to raise her child.

• Claire was kidnapped by the island's violent mystery man, Ethan (William Mapother). Claire escaped unharmed; when he came after her again, Ethan was shot dead by Charlie (Dominic Monaghan). But she has amnesia, so she has no memory of her time with Ethan, and his motives remain unclear.

Before shooting her delivery scene, de Ravin consulted her two older half-sisters, who shared their memories of giving birth. There was also an on-set obstetrician to guide her through the process.

"We tried to make it as realistic as possible," says de Ravin, a former ballet dancer and regular on the sci-fi series Roswell and BeastMaster. "I hope it looks good."

The actress has had more luck in the love department than poor, lonely Claire. De Ravin sports a diamond-encrusted heart around her neck and an impressive art-deco-style diamond engagement ring on her finger.

Both are gifts from fiancι Josh Janowicz, 23, an actor who played a sexy priest in Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Janowicz's proposal, after a three-year courtship, came as a complete surprise.

It was the kind of sweet moment Claire never seems to enjoy — aside from that imaginary jar of peanut butter Charlie offered her early in the series.

The proposal "happened New Year's Day in Melbourne," de Ravin says. "It was very impromptu and very sweet." As for when the couple will wed, that's about as big a mystery to de Ravin as any on her show. "His family's in Wisconsin and mine's in Australia, so we might just end up eloping."

In the meantime, de Ravin has been the cast member most reluctant to stay put in Oahu, Hawaii, where the show shoots. She has racked up thousands of frequent-flier miles by paying for her own airline tickets to return to the home in Burbank, Calif., she shares with Janowicz and their poodle, Bella.

Flying to and from Hawaii once or twice a week, de Ravin does her best to clear her mind of the horrific plane crash that landed Claire and the others on their mysterious island. "I just try not to think about that. Plus, I keep telling myself it would be too clichιd if something like that happened to any of us."

KingPriest2
04-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Published April 6, 2005

(ABC)
Meet Charlie: Dominic Monaghan plays a has-been musician on the ABC series "Lost."

It's not too late to jump into 'Lost' this season

By Tim Greening
Gannett News Service

"Lost" is the kind of drama that immediately grabs viewers by the throat and doesn't let go - except when it goes into reruns for weeks at a time.

Now that we have new episodes, 16 million viewers can breathe a sigh of relief.

ABC's serial drama, which airs 8 p.m. Wednesdays, has spawned a rabid fan following, which debates and speculates the show's many mysteries over water coolers and on Web sites. If you'd like to be one of them, but haven't been watching, you can still catch up.

The premise centers on a group of plane crash survivors and how they adapt to the mysterious island they've found themselves on.

"Lost" creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias," "Felicity") and Damon Lindelof ("Crossing Jordan") have thrown a curveball into the storyline, though, giving the island an "X-Files" type of supernatural vibe. There are only hints at this, however, leaving fans to speculate wildly about what's really going on.

Also, the show has a unique storytelling structure. Scenes of the characters adapting to their surroundings, not to mention their new neighbors, are interspersed with flashbacks revealing the back story for each character, all of whom have a dark secret.

Here's a recap of the important plot points, to date:

The plane was headed to Los Angeles from Sydney, Australia, and broke apart in midair. We don't know why.

There were initially 48 survivors, but the show focuses on 14. About half of them live on the beach to keep a signal bonfire alive; the others live in caves deeper in the jungle, where there's a water source.

Before being killed by a mysterious, unseen creature, a pilot said the plane was a thousand miles off course at the time of the crash, so any rescue parties will be looking in the wrong place. Not all of the survivors know this, as the reluctant leader, Jack (Matthew Fox), didn't want the others to lose hope.

Their only radio, taken from the plane, has a weak battery. When they tried to send a message, they found the frequency was dominated by a repeating distress signal in which a French woman pleads for help and says, "It killed them all." From the counter that precedes each message, they figure it's been broadcasting for 16 years.

There are wild boars on the island, which makes sense, and polar bears, which doesn't, deepening the mystery.

There is also an unseen entity that appears occasionally to growl and shake the treetops. Only one character (Locke, played by Terry O'Quinn) has seen it and lived, but he's not talking.

Besides animals, they are not alone. The French woman from the distress signal is still alive, armed, half-crazy and living in the jungle. She was part of a scientific expedition whose boat shipwrecked on the island.

A census taken by Hurley (Jorge Garcia) revealed there was one more person on the beach than was on the plane's manifest, a mysterious "Ethan," who was already living on the island but mingled among the group unnoticed. When found out, he kidnapped the pregnant Claire (Emilie de Ravin) and hanged Charlie (Dominic Monaghan), though Jack was able to revive him.

Days later, the still pregnant Claire wandered back into camp with no memory of anything since the crash. Ethan returned to get her and was ambushed, but Charlie shot him before they could get answers.

On the last new episode (March 30), Locke dreams of a small airplane crashing in the jungle. He thinks it's a sign, and he and Boone go looking for it.

They find the plane at the top of a tree. Boone climbs up into it and finds it's a heroin smuggling plane with a corpse inside it, along with maps and a radio. As the plane teeters, Boone gets to the radio and turns it on. A voice responds. Boone says, "We are the survivors of Oceanic flight 815."

What the voice said next is the subject of much fan debate: according to the closed captions, the response is "There are no survivors of flight 815." But many fans believe the voice either said, "We are also the survivors of flight 815" or "There was no flight 815."

The plane crashes to the ground. Locke takes the injured Boone to camp, then disappears to the hatch they've previously unearthed but been unable to open. As he yells, "I did what you asked of me!", a light comes on inside.

And according to TV Guide, Claire's going to give birth to her baby tonight. TV Guide online is also reporting that "Lost" will air its season finale May 25 - a two-hour season finale that will air opposite ratings juggernaut "American Idol."

ROLL CALL

Jack

• Played by: Matthew Fox.
• Back home: U.S., surgeon.
• Skills: Medicine, martyrdom.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: Testified against his alcoholic father, also a surgeon, for operating under the influence, which resulted in a patient's death. Dad went to Australia and apparently drank himself to death.
• On flight because: He was returning to the States with his father's body.
• Island job: Doctor, the group's reluctant leader.

Kate

• Played by: Evangeline Lilly.
• Back home: U.S., some kind of criminal.
• Skills: Brave, resourceful, good with a gun.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: Her exact crime is still unclear, though we know she participated in a bank robbery that was actually a ruse to get into a safety deposit box, which contained a toy airplane. We don't know its significance.
• On flight because: While she was hiding in Australia, a federal marshal arrested her and was bringing her back to justice. While dying from crash-related wounds, the marshal warned Jack that Kate is dangerous and can't be trusted.
• Island job: Volunteering for search missions and ratcheting up the sexual tension with Jack and Sawyer.

Locke

• Played by: Terry O'Quinn.
• Back home: U.S., cubicle drone at a box company.
• Skills: Extremely resourceful; he's a good hunter/trapper. He's also the character most attuned to the island's mystical qualities.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: While hunting boar, he came face-to-face with the mysterious tree-shaking creature and lived, but the others (not to mention viewers) know nothing about the encounter. Also, he and Boone discovered some kind of underground hatch they haven't told the others about. After two weeks of digging, they have it unearthed, but they haven't been able to open it.
• On flight because: He was returning home from vacation in which he'd hoped to go on a walkabout in the Outback. He was denied participation because before crashing on the island, he was a paraplegic. He was cured somehow, one of the show's more intriguing mysteries. On the last new episode (March 30), his legs started to fail.
• Island job: Besides his hunting skills, he seems to know some deeper meaning about what's going on and has helped Charlie kick heroin and Boone get over his obsession with his stepsister.

Hurley

• Played by: Jorge Garcia.
• Back home: U.S., lottery winner, fast food employee. There's a hint of a troubled past before that.
• Skills: Comic relief.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: In Los Angeles, he won the lottery with a mysterious set of numbers that may be cursed and keep turning up on the island.
• On flight because: Returning home after seeking out the source of the numbers, a man who had been living in Australia but committed suicide.
• Island job: To be genial and helpful.

Charlie

• Played by: Dominic Monaghan.
• Back home: England. Bass player for Driveshaft, a defunct one-hit wonder.
• Skills: Plays bass.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: Addicted to heroin, which he started to kick in the seventh episode.
• On flight because: Returning to the States after unsuccessful attempt to get his brother to reform the band.
• Island job: Take care of Claire, the pregnant chick.

Sayid

• Played by: Naveen Andrews.
• Back home: A former soldier in Saddam Hussein's Republican Guard.
• Skills: Knows a lot about electronics, mechanical devices and torture. Also very smart and level-headed.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: While a soldier, he defied orders and shot his boss to save a childhood girlfriend from execution. She escaped then, but we know she died later.
• On flight because: We don't know.
• Island job: Trying to build a working transmitter for a distress call and cozying up to Shannon.

Sun and Jin

• Played by: Yunjin Kim (Sun) and Daniel Dae Kim (Jin). No relation.
• Back home: Korea. Sun is the daughter of a wealthy industrialist. Jin is the son of a poor fisherman.
• Skills: He's good at catching fish and building boats; she knows herbal remedies.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: Jin's job included violence, which he refuses to tell Sun about. She was planning to leave him just before boarding the plane in Sydney but changed her mind.
• On flight because: The pair were delivering gifts to her father's business associates in Sydney and Los Angeles.
• Island job: He shares fish with the group and has just joined Michael in building a raft. She tends a garden.

Boone and Shannon

• Played by: Ian Somerhalder and Maggie Grace.
• Back home: Boone is the son of a wealthy wedding guru. Shannon is his stepsister.
• Skills: Boone said he's a lifeguard, though he nearly killed a woman by improperly performing CPR. She's pretty useless.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: They always had a weird jealousy vibe, like they were romantically involved once. Turns out they were, but they're not related by blood, only by marriage.
• On flight because: Her latest con was a supposedly abusive boyfriend in Australia who could be paid off to leave her alone. Boone paid him but figured out it was a ruse and was taking Shannon back home to Los Angeles.
• Island job: Boone has become Locke's right-hand man; Shannon's stilted French has helped them translate some materials from the papers Sayid took from the French woman.

Michael and Walt

• Played by: Harold Perrineau and Malcolm David Kelley.
• Back home: U.S. Michael is a struggling artist who works construction to pay the bills. Walt is his estranged son whose mother took him away from Michael when she began her globe-hopping career.
• Skills: Michael's good at building things; Walt has an odd clairvoyant link to animals.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: Walt burned the raft his father built because he didn't want to leave the island. Only Locke knows this.
• On flight because: The mother, who was living in Sydney, died; the stepfather didn't want custody, so Michael was taking him back to the States.
• Island job: Michael is the engineer and is building a second raft.

Claire

• Played by: Emilie de Ravin.
• Back home: Australia. Pregnant, jilted girlfriend.
• Skills: Getting kidnapped.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: When her boyfriend left her, she consulted a psychic, who pleaded with her not to put the baby up for adoption, saying great danger would result if she didn't raise the baby herself.
• On flight because: She backed out of an adoption deal at the last second and returned to the psychic, who put her on a plane to Los Angeles.
• Island job: Being in distress.

Sawyer

• Played by: Josh Holloway.
• Back home: U.S. Con artist.
• Skills: Hoarding supplies.
• Dark secret/guilt trip: He adopted the name of a scam artist who seduced his mother and bankrupted his father, causing his father to shoot her and then himself. Sawyer vowed to find the man one day and kill him.
• On flight because: We assume he was just returning home. Another con artist convinced him the man who destroyed his family was living in Australia. Only after fatally wounding him did Sawyer realize it wasn't the right guy.
• Island job: Though he usually only acts out of self-interest, sometimes he shares supplies he's hoarded.

http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050406/THINGS0206/504060322/1055/news

KingPriest2
04-08-2005, 11:24 AM
'Lost' Writer Tells All ... or Not
(Thursday, April 07 06:02 PM)
By Kate O'Hare
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) "What else can I tell you that I can't tell you?" says Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a writer/supervising producer on ABC's "Lost." "That should be the motto for all interviews about 'Lost.'"
For weeks, fans speculated on which of the hit castaway drama's large cast of characters - survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines Flight 815, which crashed on a deserted island -- would die, as hinted at by series creators J.J. Abrams ("Alias") and Damon Lindelof.

In the Wednesday, April 6 episode, the unlucky soul turned out to be rich-boy Boone (Ian Somerhalder), who succumbed to injuries sustained when the crashed light airplane he was exploring slipped off a cliff edge. Boone and fellow castaway Locke (Terry O'Quinn), a former paraplegic turned island mystic, found the plane, loaded with heroin-stuffed Virgin Mary statues, while following Locke's visions through the jungle.

In an e-mail on April 7, Grillo-Marxuach quips, "He's dead? I better start watching that show. We established Boone as Locke's mentee for the very specific story reason of showing Locke as a character who has the capacity to attract others to his peculiar vision of the island. When the time came to test that vision, killing Locke's newfound 'son' figure was a natural place to go. Now Locke is going to have to deal with the consequences of following his vision and how that brings him into a mano-a-mano conflict with Jack over leadership of the island."
Jack (Matthew Fox) is a surgeon who has become the survivors' unofficial leader. His fury over losing Boone, and his realization that Locke lied about how Boone was injured, sent him into the jungle declaring that he would talk to Locke about the "murder" of Boone.

This plot twist also means that Ian Somerhalder is out of a job on the hottest new show of the year -- although industry trades report he has signed a one-year talent holding deal with ABC and Touchstone Television for a possible series next year.

"It's a terrible thing," writes Grillo-Marxuach, "when you have to part ways with an actor you like, who brings his A-game to the show and has given you really fantastic performances. But when you are doing a show like 'Lost,' which demands that you constantly remind the audience of the life-or-death nature of the characters' predicament while crafting a long-term epic narrative, you sadly have to kill people from time to time.

"Boone's death serves a long-term dramatic purpose, and we are lucky to have had Ian Somerhalder bring that character to life and, ultimately, give him a memorable send-off that will continue to pay off through the length of the season."

In an interview conducted over lunch on March 30, Grillo-Marxuach admits that the passengers did indeed cross paths before getting on the plane, but he will "neither confirm nor deny" that the crash was not exactly accidental.

"But the fact that everybody met each other before is something we're really threading into it," he says. It's the eternal question posed by Echo & the Bunnymen, it's fate up against the will. But as long as people ask those questions, we're very happy over at 'Lost' labs. That's what I call it."

With his last series, "Jake 2.0," having been axed just before Abrams and Lindelof hired their writing staff, Grillo-Marxuach came in very early in the process in the spring of 2004. He says he and fellow writers Paul Dini, Jennifer Johnson and Christian Taylor, were sent off to start fleshing out the characters.

Grillo-Marxuach recalls, "Damon would come in and say, 'Draw three names out of a hat, and that's going to be your character for the next three weeks. You have to develop their backstory.' So we would go create something for the characters, bring it back to the room and workshop the ideas with Damon and J.J. A lot of the backstories actually developed out of those sessions.

"Jack's backstory pretty much survived intact from what we first talked about in there. Hurley's changed a little bit. Sawyer's is very similar. Sun and Jin were born out of an idea that J.J. pitched and we developed. So a lot of the long-running strands of the show were born during those six weeks."

On "Alias," many fans track Abrams' use of the number 47, which recurs in the episodes. On "Lost," it's a different equation.

The number to watch on 'Lost' is not 47, it's 23," Grillo-Marxuach says. "Oh, yeah, and we've got 815, but 23 is also a very important number in the mythology of 'Lost.'"

During the whirlwind casting, many things changed, including rock-star Charlie morphing from middle-aged to mid-20s when Dominic Monaghan was hired. Sometimes, though, casting didn't change the character. That's the case with Vincent, the golden Labrador retriever belonging to boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley).

"The dog's a girl," says Grillo-Marxuach. "I think that's probably the best-kept secret of 'Lost.' Lassie was a boy, and we're following in the great tradition of canine transgendering in television."

While Lassie's long coat hid the fact that she was a he, it's a bit harder to conceal what a dog has -- or doesn't have -- if it has a short coat.

"Yes," Grillo-Marxuach says, "and yet somehow we've managed."

Other mysteries include the polar bear from the pilot (explained, more or less, as a manifestation of Walt's powerful imagination), the unseen horror that tramps through the jungle, occasional appearances by the island's other human residents, and the buried hatch found by Locke, which appears lit from within.

"Everything is going to have a rational explanation and a sci-fi explanation," Grillo-Marxuach says, "until we decide to tell you exactly what that is. That's what's going to help us walk that tightrope for however many years the show has.

"The show will end when we tell you what the island is. On the day we say, 'The island is on the back of a cosmic turtle,' then you'll say, 'OK, done with that.'"

KingPriest2
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
'Lost's' Dead Man Talking
April 7, 2005

The rumors were finally laid to rest Wednesday night on "Lost," as Boone Carlisle, the first main character to become a casualty, was killed off in an episode fans will surely be talking about for weeks to come. We caught up with Boone's real-life alter-ego, Ian Somerhalder, on the set of "Good Morning America," where he said he's still feeling the sting of leaving one of TV's most popular shows.

"In a very strange metaphorical sense, it happens to everyone," Somerhalder said. "After a second, it kind of goes away and you realize all the good things that come out of it, if there are any."

Ian revealed that producers told him of his impending death a few weeks ago. And it seems that he may not be the only one leaving the ABC hit show.

"That wasn't a call they wanted to make, but they're great," Somerhalder insisted. "I just think they're going to be making a lot more of those phone calls."

While Somerhalder hinted of more impending castaway peril, the question on fans' minds remains: was the crash that took his life really an accident?

"It was purely an accident," Ian told us. "If you want to call it murder by accident then I guess that kind of works."

You can catch the men of "Lost," in this week's Entertainment Weekly

KingPriest2
04-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Lost’ death surprises by being predictable
Viewers expected more of a twist from hit drama

Jack and Sun (with Michael, shown) fought for Boone's life, but apparently lost the battle.
COMMENTARY
By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
MSNBC contributor
Updated: 9:28 a.m. ET April 7, 2005In the end, the much-hyped death of a major character on ABC's hit plane-crash drama "Lost" was surprising only because it was so predictable.

advertisement

Since its fall debut, "Lost" has thrown viewers twist after twist. Mild-mannered Hurley turned out to be a millionaire. Cool Kate was a bank robber, and maybe worse. Mysterious John Locke had been paralyzed until the crash cured him. And stepsiblings Boone and Shannon had, uh, the kind of sibling relationship a lot of us suspected only went on between Greg and Marcia Brady.

So when show creator J.J. Abrams started telling the press that he was going to kill off one of his 14 main characters before the season's end, no one seemed safe. Readers shared many of their thoughts with us, and almost everyone was suggested as a possible corpse.

RELATED STORY
VOTE: Were you surprised by death?
Life and death mingle on latest ‘Lost’
Test Pattern: Share your thoughts

It was fairly unanimous that main character Jack (Matthew Fox) was safe. Not only was he the island's only doctor, but he seemed to be central to all plotlines, the little universe's non-elected leader. His semi-girlfriend Kate may have her own dark past, but she seemed fairly safe too, although many readers weren't too fond of her. (In a birthing scene on Wednesday's episode, she at first seemed about as useful as Prissy from "Gone With the Wind.")

Viewer speculation focused almost instantly on minor characters, helped by a quote from actor Josh Holloway in TV Guide where Holloway dropped a hint that the doomed character was one whose plotline wasn't developing.

If there'd been Las Vegas betting on "Lost," that quote alone would have pushed the odds heavily towards Jin (Daniel Dae Kim), if only because it's tough to develop your plot on an English-language show when you're only allowed to speak Korean. Other prime suspects included Charlie, the formerly drug-addicted rocker, and single dad Michael.

Another plane crash
But then came last week's episode, in which the island's Dynamic Duo, Locke and Boone, set out on an adventure inspired by a vision of Locke's. He'd seen a small plane crash on the island, then seen his companion Boone streaked in blood and mumbling. Then, as visions seem to do on Mystery Island, Locke discovered that at least part of his vision was true: A small Beechcraft plane had crashed on the island and was hanging high in the trees.
Reisig &Amp; Taylor / ABC
Ian Somerhalder's Boone may have found a way off the "Lost" island after all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As viewers learned in that week's flashback, Locke had been used by a person he thought cared for him. His wealthy father, who'd never been in his life, befriended him only long enough to convince his son to donate a kidney to him, then shut him out of his life again.

Now on the island, in his new life, Locke and Boone had become friends. Locke wanted to know what was in the crashed small plane, and he himself couldn't climb into it. Yet he'd seen the vision of a bloody Boone, he had to suspect that this part of his vision would also come true. Yet much in the same way that his father sacrificed him to get what he wanted, Locke sacrificed his young friend, sending Boone into the plane without telling him what he'd seen. And of course, the plane came crashing down from the trees, injuring Boone badly. As Locke dragged a bloody Boone back to doctor Jack, last week's episode ended, and the speculation heated up.

But now instead of going for the obvious bet, many viewers figured the show was feinting one way and would actually go the other — that Boone being so badly injured made him too obvious a candidate for the grave. Surely, they felt, some of the island's magic would save him and another, less obvious character would lose his or her life.

CONTINUED: Is he really dead?

KingPriest2
04-08-2005, 11:34 AM
‘Lost’ death surprises by being predictable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

< Prev | 1 | 2Just too obvious
They had ammunition for that way of thinking thanks to multiple feints in last week's episode. As the episode focused on Locke's past, viewers saw him pre-wheelchair, and witnessed numerous falls and moments that could have caused Locke's paralysis. Yet each time, he got up and walked, the mystery of what took his ability to walk remaining just that, a mystery.

advertisement

"Boone won’t die — they did the same thing a couple of months ago, advertising that somebody was going to die, and it turned out to be someone we barely knew, if we’d known them at all," wrote one reader to MSNBC.com.

Said another "Boone being hurt so badly as we are nearing the season's end makes him a blatantly obvious choice. And there is nothing blatantly obvious about 'Lost', except the continuing mysteries of the island."

Ironically, the obvious choice ended up being — well, not so obvious.

It's of course still possible that Boone might not be dead. Viewers are still clucking that evil Ethan, who was shot multiple times by Charlie earlier this year, is just too evil to be killed by regular bullets. And the island might have healing powers — it apparently gave Locke back his ability to walk.

With the birth of Claire's baby son at about the same moment that Boone slipped away, it's also possible there could be some kind of soul transfer or rebirth cycle going on. Although it's more likely that Claire's son has his own well-developed plot planned out — rumors abound that he's either the savior or the antichrist, based on the ominous behavior of an Australian psychic.

Killing off a main character, even a secondary main character such as Boone, is jolting for any show. Still, on a show like this one, it's likely that such a monumental event will only open up more and different directions for the plot to go.

It was apparent from the preview that Jack blames Locke for Boone's death, and it's obvious from his wrenching tears last week that Locke also blames himself. The two have been island leaders up until now, their confrontation is certain to shake and divide the island.

Earlier in the episode, not knowing her brother was dying, Shannon told new love interest Sayid that she would always feel something for Boone, but that she didn't love him in a romantic way. She's sure to be devastated by the loss regardless, but those words are likely to ring through her mind as she grieves.

Even characters that barely interacted with Boone are sure to be affected, as his death brings home the danger of the island to all of the survivors.

Maybe by creating a fairly straightforward death, the show's creators are reminding viewers that anything really can happen on this island. After all, in a world full of twists, the ultimate twist is a straight line.

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper is MSNBC.com's television editor

KingPriest2
04-27-2005, 04:56 PM
T minus 1 hour

New episode tonite.

Frazod
04-27-2005, 06:04 PM
New episode my ass. Looks like a flashback retread. :cuss:

Dartgod
04-27-2005, 06:10 PM
New episode my ass. Looks like a flashback retread. :cuss:
Yeah, what a bunch of crap.

wilas101
04-27-2005, 06:16 PM
I guess we're witnessing the first crappy episode of the series. :(

Frazod
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Yeah, what a bunch of crap.

And this "what if you" narration can suck my ass, too. 4321

Michael Michigan
04-27-2005, 06:28 PM

So--I shouldn't bother?

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 06:29 PM
ABC sucks balls. Did the same flashback crap with Desperate Housewives last Sunday.

I thought flashback episodes died with the 70s.

chiefs4me
04-27-2005, 06:45 PM
This sucks..another rerun or some such crap...is it over for this year guys...I am pissed at them for killing off the kid and not showing more of sawyer anyway.....so tell me....is this the end for this season?

siberian khatru
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
This sucks..another rerun or some such crap...is it over for this year guys...I am pissed at them for killing off the kid and not showing more of sawyer anyway.....so tell me....is this the end for this season?

I think they said there's a 2-hour season-ender coming up in May.

Michael Michigan
04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I think they said there's a 2-hour season-ender coming up in May.

Yes--there are at least one or two left. This gap is a killer, though.

And who the hell is narrating this?

Dartgod
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Shit, I quit watching after the first commercial.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Dont worry guys, there are still 4 episodes left starting next week with the 2 hour season finale on May 25th!

Dartgod
04-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Dont worry guys, there are still 4 episodes left starting next week with the 2 hour season finale on May 25th!
I know that. It just pisses me off that they billed this as a "new" episode when instead its really just another rerun.

KingPriest2
05-04-2005, 10:16 AM
Start of the final run tonite.

chiefs4me
05-04-2005, 10:51 AM

well gosh....that is my birthday and we are leaving that morning for vacation....I won't get to see the season finale.....someone needs to tape it for me and then send it to me.:) But if they kill offf Locke or Sawyer I am done....

Deberg_1990
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
well gosh....that is my birthday and we are leaving that morning for vacation....I won't get to see the season finale.....someone needs to tape it for me and then send it to me.:) But if they kill offf Locke or Sawyer I am done....

Ill have it on TIVO im sure. I have no way to convert it for you though.

KingPriest2
05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Tonite we find out more about Sayid

Fairplay
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM

Can i send you a porno tape instead?

GMitch
05-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Only if it has Kate in it. :p

Fairplay
05-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Only if it has Kate in it. :p

Kate is super hot!

Frazod
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Good episode tonight. :thumb:

Deberg_1990
05-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Good episode tonight. :thumb:

ill watch it in about 2 more hours.......i cant wait

Frazod
05-04-2005, 07:10 PM
ill watch it in about 2 more hours.......i cant wait

They did the backstory on Sayid tonight. Very interesting.

Frazod
05-04-2005, 11:35 PM
I was right! :harumph:

Deberg_1990
05-05-2005, 06:05 AM
I was right! :harumph:

Yes you were. For some odd reason, Locke seems to WANT to NOT be rescued from the island. He has alluded to this many times throughout the season. I sure hope they find some aliens or something down below that hatch. It better be worth the wait.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 06:15 AM
Yes you were. For some odd reason, Locke seems to WANT to NOT be rescued from the island.

You think it's "odd" that a mentally and physically crippled man lands on an island where he can walk and his knowledge and abilities are admired, and he doesn't want to leave?

Deberg_1990
05-05-2005, 06:25 AM
You think it's "odd" that a mentally and physically crippled man lands on an island where he can walk and his knowledge and abilities are admired, and he doesn't want to leave?

Good Point.

chiefs4me
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM

Sure you can B.....as long as it has the lost show somewhere on the tape.

Chiefnj
05-05-2005, 08:16 AM
When was Locke "mentally crippled"??

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
When was Locke "mentally crippled"??

You consider sitting home alone, paying to talk to a woman on the telephone, and convincing yourself that she's your girlfriend something other than mentally crippled?

chiefs4me
05-05-2005, 08:21 AM
You consider sitting home alone, paying to talk to a woman on the telephone, and convincing yourself that she's your girlfriend something other than mentally crippled?

What are you talking about? I must have missed that show.

Bob Dole
05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
What are you talking about? I must have missed that show.

Evidently.

You can learn all about Locke's "relationship" with Helen in the "Walkabout" episode.

KingPriest2
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
t minus 20 minutes

KingPriest2
05-11-2005, 05:51 PM
This is a Kate centered episode

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I would let her on the raft, then after we are well out at sea i'd say to Kate "You can run baby, but you cannot hide!!"

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't trust kate with a shovel in her hands in the dark. %(/ +:reaper: = = :(

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
And with her brings death and destruction....Leviticus 12:3

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Kates evil i tell you, her own mother on her death bed feared her.

Don't fear the reaper_ Blue Oyster Cult.

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Season ending predictions..............

They send off of the raft perhaps with a wine breaking of the hull ceremonys to send off some of the cast er.. crew, heh. Ahoy matey and keep a sharp eye out for land and scrub the deck laddy! Let the main sail blow and........well you get the picture.

Another season ending prediction to make you hang on by the seat of your pants begging and pleading for the next season to begin is the opening or getting ready to open the hatch of the capsule in the forest. Both of which will leave us hanging on unmercifully for the next season to begin.

Those writers know how to get us don't they?

I already have a prediction ready for what happens to those on the raft..............

chiefs4me
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea she is a sneaky little thing.....but stupid also. All she had to do was tell Sawyer to stay and he would have...

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Yea she is a sneaky little thing.....but stupid also. All she had to do was tell Sawyer to stay and he would have...

chiefsforme! How i longed for someone elses comments on here, i thought i was talking to myself for a while.
Hows it going?

Fairplay
05-11-2005, 07:14 PM
I just hit 4000, lucky me.

Baby Lee
05-12-2005, 05:36 PM
So Kate and her toy plane man buried the NKotB time capsule at the exact same time as the Rousseau's expedition landed on the island? :hmmm:

Bob Dole
05-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Anyone else think Kate is hotter without makeup than with makeup?

Deberg_1990
05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Anyone else think Kate is hotter without makeup than with makeup?

Oh hell, id take her either way.........But im more of a Shannon fan myself.

KingPriest2
05-18-2005, 06:00 PM
It is on

Frazod
05-18-2005, 06:13 PM
Damn, this is getting good.

Wish I didn't have dinner plans in 20 minutes. :banghead:

Oh well, it'll be here when I get back. Thank God for TiVo.

KingPriest2
05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Damn, this is getting good.

Wish I didn't have dinner plans in 20 minutes. :banghead:

Oh well, it'll be here when I get back. Thank God for TiVo.

Best one yet

chiefs4me
05-18-2005, 06:50 PM
So is that a ship...the black rock I mean. Looked like a broken old ship to me.

chiefs4me
05-18-2005, 06:51 PM
My god Sawyer is hot......

KcMizzou
05-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Best one yet Great show. Can't wait for the 2 hr finale.

They really worked the tear-jerker angle this time around. The story about Jack's dad... the boy giving the girl the dog... the asian couple...

The "monster" in the woods is a security system :hmmm: Sounds like a big-ass robot.

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Well then, since;

Michelle Rodriguez has been named as a regular for next season

Are we safe to assume that;

The tail section [including Rose's husband] is out there surviving somewhere on the island, to be discovered next year?

Nota Bene - seat 42F.

Blitz
05-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Can you remind who Rose is?

Is she that black woman that was prominitely featured with the hobbit guy from LOTR?

If Michelle Rodriguez is on the show as a regular...that'll be good because she is ****in Sexy.

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Anyone else figure gochiefs creamed his pants when Michael told Jin;

"No,no, this one goes there, that one goes there."

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Can you remind who Rose is?

Is she that black woman that was prominitely featured with the hobbit guy from LOTR?

If Michelle Rodriguez is on the show as a regular...that'll be good because she is ****in Sexy.

Sorry for taking the time to spoilerize, folks.

Yes, Rose is the black woman who mused that she was sure her hubby was still alive, then promptly disappeared, unless she's still sitting out on that dune and we just can't make her out in the background.

KcMizzou
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
[COLOR=white]

Sorry for taking the time to spoilerize, folks.

Yes, Rose is the black woman who mused that she was sure her hubby was still alive, then promptly disappeared, unless she's still sitting out on that dune and we just can't make her out in the background. Didn't she drown?

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 08:07 PM
Didn't she drown?
No. That was someone 'we' never met. Jack talked with Rose at some point after that happened.

1adam1238
05-18-2005, 08:41 PM
Makes you wonder if the ship was an old pirate ship or something and the others have been shipwrecked there for a long time....or the offsprings of them...who knows...but its getting good.

Bearcat
05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
So, if you were on that island, would you stay or get on the raft? I'm really not sure.... the chance of someone finding the raft are just about as slim as someone useful finding the island.... but at Sawyer said, there's nothing worth staying for :shrug:

I wonder if we'll see the guys on the raft for a while, or if it's a cost cutting move for next season.

I know this is obviously not a reality-based show, but if what Baby Lee said is true, it's way out of left field... you can blame "spirits" for a lot of the stuff on the island, but that would be more than a miracle....

ct
05-19-2005, 10:52 AM
So what is the significance of the ship's name, 'Black Rock'? There's always a connection...

Deberg_1990
05-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Great great show last night. I just got through watching it. My guess is that there is another set of survivors out there with Michelle Rodriguez's character leading that group. This episode was surprisingly very moving. The dog, Sawyer and Jack, Jin and Suni. Great stuff.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2005, 11:01 AM
oh yea, and another thing, that Science teacher is a freakin P***Y!!

Mile High Mania
05-19-2005, 11:01 AM
They're soon going to learn that they're actually on the island where they created Jurassic Park and those are really dinosaurs, not "security systems".

Chiefnj
05-19-2005, 12:25 PM
I really hate the "Jack" character.

I'm hoping that he and Locke struggle for power and two different groups emerge. Locke and Frenchie can morph into a Colonel Kurtz type character while Jack's group of losers get picked off by the pirates one by one.

keg in kc
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Terrific episode last night.

Alias after it has been surprisingly good, too, at least the first hour.

KCJake
05-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Damn I love this show :clap:

Bob Dole
05-19-2005, 01:35 PM
Bob Dole really wishes they weren't moving it back an hour next season.

Never have understood the networks overwhelming urge to **** with something that works.

Deberg_1990
05-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Bob Dole really wishes they weren't moving it back an hour next season.

Never have understood the networks overwhelming urge to **** with something that works.

Doesnt matter to me one bit. I rarely watch a program at its original time anymore. TIVO will change your viewing habits.

chiefs4me
05-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I cried when Sawyer got on the raft and floated out to sea......:deevee:

Bob Dole
05-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Doesnt matter to me one bit. I rarely watch a program at its original time anymore. TIVO will change your viewing habits.

Bob Dole has Tivo, but the 7pm start time gives Bob Dole an excuse not to go out until after 8.

Bearcat
05-20-2005, 07:24 AM
oh yea, and another thing, that Science teacher is a freakin P***Y!!

I found it pretty funny that in episode terms, he just showed up, and he got a line like that.... because those who went through the plane crash, all the struggles, etc; aren't afraid of anything. Him? Of course he's afraid, he's only been on the island a couple of days :p

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Should be good tonight. But il admit, ill be a little disappointed if some Sleestacks dont jump out of that hatch and start shooting phasers at the survivors! Predictions??

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Tonite is going to be the best episode of the season.

I heard it is going to have a "Who shot J.R.?" cliffhanger

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Tonite is going to be the best episode of the season.

I heard it is going to have a "Who shot J.R.?" cliffhanger

Oh of course they will end on a cliffhanger. They have to generate "Water Cooler" chat all summer to make people want to come back in the fall. I just hope they answer a few questions instead of just stringing us along. Whats in the hatch? WHo are the others? Will the guys on the boat survive? What do Hurleys Numbers mean??

keg in kc
05-25-2005, 03:56 PM
I have managed to this point to avoid every iota and semblance of a spoiler for this finale, so I think I'm gonna lock myself out of this thread for the time being.

Fairplay
05-25-2005, 04:34 PM
Ok here is a prediction for those in the raft, they are at sea. The little kid really doesn't to leave the island, so through him a sea type monster appears and starts attacking the ship (remember the kid created that polar bear).....................then it ends and we must wait until next season to begin.

That one wierd french lady up and takes Claires baby. Some people try to find her. Towards the end of the show they see her about ready to kill the baby or harm it somehow.............then it ends and we must wait until next season to begin.

They try to open the hatch on that thing. After several failed attempts they get it opened, they slowly open the door of it. Horrid looks and shrieks from those who look inside appear obvious.............then it ends and we must wait until next season to begin.

Kate finds a very skimpy type bikini, she smiles starts to put it on.............then it ends and we must wait until next season to begin.

Fairplay
05-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Whats in the hatch? WHo are the others? Will the guys on the boat survive? What do Hurleys Numbers mean??

Beware possible Spoilers posted below!!!! :eek:

Whats in the hatch?

Satan

WHo are the others?

Satan's helpers

Will the guys on the boat survive?

Satan will send a serpent after them.

What do Hurleys Numbers mean?

Numbers all tied to Satan.

What island are the on?

Devils Island

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Why did you create this thread when we have the other one?

Frazod
05-25-2005, 05:43 PM
I have managed to this point to avoid every iota and semblance of a spoiler for this finale, so I think I'm gonna lock myself out of this thread for the time being.

Good idea. Back when it's over.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Why did you create this thread when we have the other one?

Ummmm...I dont know??

chiefsfan987
05-25-2005, 05:49 PM
I think the raft will get caught in a storm and have to go back. After all monsoon season is coming, right? Can't wait for the finale but its still a ways away out here. I've got 3 hours and 10 minutes to go.

KcMizzou
05-25-2005, 05:55 PM
I think the raft will get caught in a storm and have to go back. After all monsoon season is coming, right? Can't wait for the finale but its still a ways away out here. I've got 3 hours and 10 minutes to go. I'd stay far away from these threads till you've seen it.

chiefs4me
05-25-2005, 06:14 PM
wow.....did you all see that? Boom....

Frazod
05-25-2005, 06:19 PM
wow.....did you all see that? Boom....

DUDE! :eek:

ROFL

He was annoying the hell out of me anyway.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Crazy F'n French chicks!

Frazod
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
And Charlie finds the heroin stash. Wondered how long it would be until that happened.

Poor bastard. :shake:

Otter
05-25-2005, 07:15 PM
And Charlie finds the heroin stash. Wondered how long it would be until that happened.

Poor bastard. :shake:

Couldn''t Charlie just find another plane wreck full of ganja and a couple bottles of tequila like in Romancing the Stone and some stranded Hooters Girls and we'll team up and run the show from there.

I have to catch up on this show.

[edit: a razor blade and some shampoo would probably be a good added bonus at this point depending on how long the Hooters Girls were stranded and thier expectations]

Valiant
05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
They find their own bodies in the bunker...

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Whoa, "Were gonna need to take the boy"

Pirates!

Frazod
05-25-2005, 07:59 PM
BASTARDS!

WHAT'S IN THE F#CKING HATCH!?
:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 08:00 PM
BASTARDS!

WHAT'S IN THE F#CKING HATCH!?
:cuss::cuss::cuss:

apparantly, nothing but a ladder.

Frazod
05-25-2005, 08:01 PM
AAGGGGHHHH!!!!

:banghead::cuss::deevee:

wilas101
05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
The french chick did say the voices said they'd come to take the boy.

they just mislead us as to which boy.

KcMizzou
05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
AAGGGGHHHH!!!!

:banghead::cuss::deevee: I'm not sure even the writers know where this is going...

They're just milking it for all it's worth.

:shake:

Frazod
05-25-2005, 08:04 PM
The french chick did say the voices said they'd come to take the boy.

they just mislead us as to which boy.

Good point.

siberian khatru
05-25-2005, 08:05 PM
The raft thing was a good cliffhanger. The hatch was a total gyp. The last image was a weak way to end the season.

KcMizzou
05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
The raft thing was a good cliffhanger. The hatch was a total gyp. The last image was a weak way to end the season. Yeah... I'm irritated.

How many questions were answered tonight?

KcMizzou
05-25-2005, 08:08 PM
I understand that when all the questions are answered, the show's dead. But, I expected that they'd throw us a bone or two tonight.

siberian khatru
05-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah... I'm irritated.

How many questions were answered tonight?

I actually didn't expect too many answers -- not from this show. But I did expect the plot to move along more. The hatch thing didn't advance it at all -- they popped the top and ... there's a shaft. Big deal. Still at square one.

jspchief
05-25-2005, 08:10 PM
I enjoyed the guy blowing up.

"dude, you have Arntz on you"

KcMizzou
05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
I enjoyed the guy blowing up.

"dude, you have Arntz on you" Heh... that was sweet.

wilas101
05-25-2005, 08:15 PM
hahaha... yeah, i cracked up with the arntz bit

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 08:21 PM
I understand that when all the questions are answered, the show's dead. But, I expected that they'd throw us a bone or two tonight.

Yea im a little disappointed. The hatch plot should have been advanced more by now. I liked the pirates kidnapping Walt though. So is Sawyer dead? I hope not. I hope this show doesnt turn into the "X-Files" all setup and tease with zero payoff.

Bob Dole
05-25-2005, 08:25 PM
The raft thing was a good cliffhanger. The hatch was a total gyp. The last image was a weak way to end the season.

Except that wasn't the end of the season because they've got some "secret scene" they are showing tomorrow morning.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 08:30 PM
The monster thing was another Jyp. They never explained WTF it was or even hinted at it? Sounds mechanical though obviously from the sound effects.

Chiefnj
05-25-2005, 08:34 PM
That was a big disappointment. The best they could come up with was a bunch of modern day NAMBLA pirates riding in a modern fishing boat with handguns and incindiary devices?

OmahaChief
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
Why would anyone expect answers on the season finale. This is not some Desperate Housewives that pander to the masses and explain everything in a neat and tidy manner. This is LOST damn it. A thinking man's show. One that leads a viewer to take what they see and then draw their own conclusions of why or what might happen.

So they left us with these thoughts to ponder...

Are the people that took Walt the "others" that Rousseau was talking about and was Walt the boy they were coming for and not the baby?

Is Charlie going to become an addict again now that he has an unlimited supply of drugs.. he did take a statue with him evidently

What the hell is in the hatch?

Is Sawyer dead? Will the raft guys be able to float on what is left of the raft and make it back to camp or will they make it to antoher part of the island to introduce another group of survivors?

Are the guys on the boat actually the other members of Rosseaus team? Maybe she never really killed them.

What the hell was that monster?

So many more things to think about until next season. I like the no answers way they make this show. It keeps you coming back and keeps the office hopping with ideas and thoughts.

Bob Dole
05-25-2005, 08:59 PM
Randomness...

Hurley's rental car died at 42 KM. The temp read 23C. As it died, the speedo read 16, 15, 8, 4.

The girls in the soccer uniforms as Hurley tries to make the flight (right after he buys the cart from the old guy) have the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42.

The flight left gate 23.

Deberg_1990
05-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Anybody else notice what was on the back of the comic book that Hurley was reading in the plane? That was interesting....

Chiefnj
05-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Why would anyone expect answers on the season finale. This is not some Desperate Housewives that pander to the masses and explain everything in a neat and tidy manner. This is LOST damn it. A thinking man's show. One that leads a viewer to take what they see and then draw their own conclusions of why or what might happen.

So they left us with these thoughts to ponder...

Are the people that took Walt the "others" that Rousseau was talking about and was Walt the boy they were coming for and not the baby?

Is Charlie going to become an addict again now that he has an unlimited supply of drugs.. he did take a statue with him evidently

What the hell is in the hatch?

Is Sawyer dead? Will the raft guys be able to float on what is left of the raft and make it back to camp or will they make it to antoher part of the island to introduce another group of survivors?

Are the guys on the boat actually the other members of Rosseaus team? Maybe she never really killed them.

What the hell was that monster?

So many more things to think about until next season. I like the no answers way they make this show. It keeps you coming back and keeps the office hopping with ideas and thoughts.

You can give some answers, some clues and still have some things remain unanswered. See Deadwood for an example of an excellent season finale.

Bob Dole
05-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Anybody else notice what was on the back of the comic book that Hurley was reading in the plane? That was interesting....

Because it's the same Spanish language comic book Walt found and was reading on the island in an earlier episode.

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Mods is there anyway we can merge this with the other Lost thread?

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Awesome show tonite. Great way to close the season. Can't wait til next season.

Big Slick
05-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Had to tape it tonight, just got done watching, but one problem. The tape ran out! ARGH!! I think I got lucky and it was at the very end. The last thing I saw was Jack and Locke staring down a long shaft with a ladder. Anything happen or spoken after that?? Please help!!!

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Beware possible Spoilers posted below!!!! :eek:

Whats in the hatch?

Satan

WHo are the others?

Satan's helpers

Will the guys on the boat survive?

Satan will send a serpent after them.

What do Hurleys Numbers mean?

Numbers all tied to Satan.

What island are the on?

Devils Island

:shake:

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:05 PM
I found it pretty funny that in episode terms, he just showed up, and he got a line like that.... because those who went through the plane crash, all the struggles, etc; aren't afraid of anything. Him? Of course he's afraid, he's only been on the island a couple of days :p

well not anymore.

Frazod
05-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Had to tape it tonight, just got done watching, but one problem. The tape ran out! ARGH!! I think I got lucky and it was at the very end. The last thing I saw was Jack and Locke staring down a long shaft with a ladder. Anything happen or spoken after that?? Please help!!!

Nope. That's the end.

Big Slick
05-25-2005, 10:08 PM
thanks!

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I had to tape it tonight, just got done watching, but one problem. The tape ran out! ARGH!! I think I got lucky and it was at the very end. The last thing I saw was Jack and Locke staring down a long shaft with a ladder. Anything happen or spoken after that?? Please help!!!

I posted this plea in the other Lost thread, sorry, but I've got to cover myself on this!

Nope that was it.

Big Slick
05-25-2005, 10:11 PM
thanks, tried to delete, too slow...

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:12 PM
thanks, tried to delete, too slow...

That is ok.

Frazod
05-25-2005, 10:15 PM
thanks!

No problem. Welcome to the BB.

ZootedGranny
05-25-2005, 10:27 PM
As someone else pointed out, have we already seen part of the monster much earlier than we thought we had?

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~ms322801/lostturbineenhanced.gif

Frazod
05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
As someone else pointed out, have we already seen part of the monster much earlier than we thought we had?

Yep. It's like the invisible electric monster from Johnny Quest. I wonder if they'll splatter paint on it to make it visable.

ZootedGranny
05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
It'd make my year if the monster was a 30 foot tall Predator.

That scene is just as the guy is being sucked into the engine, but the creators of Lost have said that everything happens for a reason. That thing in the sky is much too large for it to be a mistake, and I don't know what the hell else it could be.

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Great line---I think he's right.

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/members/thumbs/c/cma-EvangelineLilly&YunjinKim@Lost1.jpg

for all the guys.

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:53 PM
In case you have missed it or if it is going to be on your area be sure to watch Jimmy Kimmel tonite

Hurley/ Harold/ and JJ are going to be on.

the pirates are the others and walt does have special powers.

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 10:59 PM
What were everyone's favorite lines tonite?

You got some Artz on you.

or

-"...and some of us have actually LOST weight while we were here, now do you mind tell me where youre hiding the carbs?!"

Can I have a flashlight? Fire and dynamite, not makin' much sense right now."

BZZZZ

KingPriest2
05-25-2005, 11:06 PM
there was a nod to Star Wars last week when

Micheal was saying "This one goes here, that one goes there."

and then tonite Sawyer says to Micheal and Jin "Hey Han and Chewie"

KCJake
05-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, I need a quick update. I recorded the last episode but my tape ran out. I seen the crazy guys take the boy and blow-up the raft. What happened after that?

KcMizzou
05-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Why would anyone expect answers on the season finale. This is not some Desperate Housewives that pander to the masses and explain everything in a neat and tidy manner. This is LOST damn it. A thinking man's show. Pfft... thinking man's show my ass. Random clues that lead to nothing, do not make it a "thinking man's show".

I assumed we'd have one or two anwers tonight. Didn't happen. Doesn't matter though... the bastards have me hooked. I'll be watching next season.

tk13
05-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Pfft... thinking man's show my ass. Random clues that lead to nothing, do not make it a "thinking man's show".

I assumed we'd have one or two anwers tonight. Didn't happen. Doesn't matter though... the bastards have me hooked. I'll be watching next season.
Yes, if you want to see a thinking man's show, you have to go over to the Jeopardy thread! :p :D

siberian khatru
05-26-2005, 05:58 AM

Wow, never noticed that before. Puts it in a whole new light.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2005, 06:17 AM
Pfft... thinking man's show my ass. Random clues that lead to nothing, do not make it a "thinking man's show".

I assumed we'd have one or two anwers tonight. Didn't happen. Doesn't matter though... the bastards have me hooked. I'll be watching next season.Pretty much. Unlike with, say, Veronica Mars or Arrested Development (the latter being a comedy, for ****'s sake... an absolutely brilliant comedy that could be rather accurately described as a saga, but a comedy nonetheless), I don't really get the feeling they have any real clue where they're going with this. I'm hooked, so I'll watch next year, but I think the goal is more to try to lead us along and keep us watching than any sort of well planned-out narrative at this point. I'd actually describe it as a big tease pretending to be a "thinking man's television series," rather than a show that actually requires thought.

Very interesting stuff with the cloudmonster (when they first spotted it in the woods, I did a Roadrunner-style, "meep meep!") being visible in the pilot episode, though, I'll give them that. Also, they got me with the Arzt kablooey. I was thinking, "Oh, crap, he's about to go boom... now! No... now! No... now!" Then I relax for half a second and he 'splodes, leaving me with only a shocked "GYAAHR!" in response. Bastards. :D

Walt being ripped away from Michael (something I suspected as soon as Rousseau mentioned the Others wanting "the boy") was heartwrenching. The Walt/Michael and Sun/Jin relationships are probably the two biggest reasons for me to watch this show, I think, and I actually had to hug my cat during that scene.

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 06:36 AM
Was that Aladdin and his magic carpet flying into the engine?

Bearcat
05-26-2005, 06:57 AM
I think blowing up the raft lifted it from one of the mid-season episodes that dragged on to a fairly good episode. I'd probably be angry had everything been the same and they didn't blow up the raft.... but that was pretty ballsy. During that whole scene I kept thinking about what could go wrong, because I figured they wouldn't get rescued.... the flare wouldn't work, the ship wouldn't turn around, the ship wouldn't see them even with the light, there wasn't room on the other boat.... leaving them to watch their boat burn had me floored.

I wish they would have wrapped up the island story a little better (I swear they showed Jack jumping into the hatch in one of the previews a couple of months ago), but it was typical Lost, and I'm used to it.

KCJake
05-26-2005, 07:17 AM
Guys, what happened after the raft blew-up and the boy was takin by those men? I missed the rest of the show.

siberian khatru
05-26-2005, 07:35 AM
Guys, what happened after the raft blew-up and the boy was takin by those men? I missed the rest of the show.

They blew the hatch, but not before Hurley noticed his lotto numbers engraved on the lid and freaked out, trying to stop it. Locke lit the fuse anyway, it went kablooey, they slid the lid back and saw .... a narrow vertical shaft with a ladder leading into darkness. The End.

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 07:36 AM
I assumed we'd have one or two anwers tonight. Didn't happen.
You didn't get a kick out of "Geraldo presents: Al Capone's hatch."

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 07:39 AM
They blew the hatch, but not before Hurley noticed his lotto numbers engraved on the lid and freaked out, trying to stop it. Locke lit the fuse anyway, it went kablooey, they slid the lid back and saw .... a narrow vertical shaft with a ladder leading into darkness. The End.
Very deep shaft, with the ladder breaking apart and ending just a few feet down.

Chiefnj
05-26-2005, 07:41 AM
The black smoke/monster reminds me of Michael Crichton's book Prey.

Kclee
05-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Anyone understand Claire having the flashback about scratching the french lady?

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Anyone understand Claire having the flashback about scratching the french lady?
She saw the scabs on Rousseau's arm.

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 07:54 AM
Did Locke actually ask the SURGEON if he ever played Operation?

Fairplay
05-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Guys, what happened after the raft blew-up and the boy was takin by those men?

Lets just say that those men have something in common with Michael Jackson.

Kclee
05-26-2005, 07:56 AM
She saw the scabs on Rousseau's arm.

Right. But then Claire asked " when did I do that?" Then there was a struggle. Rousseau had the scratches the previous episode, but they hadn't had a confrontation yet. Or am I off.

Chiefnj
05-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Right. But then Claire asked " when did I do that?" Then there was a struggle. Rousseau had the scratches the previous episode, but they hadn't had a confrontation yet. Or am I off.

Claire's flashback showed her scratching the French woman when she had been abducted by Ethan. The scratches were old. You don't know if Rousseau helped free Claire from Ethan or was helping him.

Ultra Peanut
05-26-2005, 08:03 AM
Did Locke actually ask the SURGEON if he ever played Operation?Yeah, that was nice.

Kclee
05-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Claire's flashback showed her scratching the French woman when she had been abducted by Ethan. The scratches were old. You don't know if Rousseau helped free Claire from Ethan or was helping him.

Ahh, ok. That just seemed so far back, hell, even Charlies scabs/rope burns have been gone for a while. The scratches on Rousseau's arm should be healing better than that.

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Hugo's lucky numbers: 1

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Hugo's lucky numbers: 2

KChiefs1
05-26-2005, 08:24 AM
I missed Jimmy Kimmel last night...did they give any insight into the show?

Fairplay
05-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Ok Baby Lee WTF? Those pics seem to have those numbers on them with hurley there as well where did you get those pics and are there more pics to post like that?

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 08:31 AM
Hugo's lucky numbers: 1

Post the rental car dashboard photos while you're at it.

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Ok Baby Lee WTF? Those pics seem to have those numbers on them with hurley there as well where did you get those pics and are there more pics to post like that?

As Bob Dole already mentioned (ahem), Hurley passed them in the airport just after he bought the cart off the old guy.

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 08:32 AM
I TiVO directly onto my PC with Windows Media Center Edition. Those are screencaps.

Fairplay
05-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I TiVO directly onto my PC with Windows Media Center Edition. Those are screencaps.

I love that show. They pull off things like that. Smart writers.
Sorry BD i didn't catch your previous post.
During that scene i must have been looking at the chicks not the numbers.

Fairplay
05-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Post the rental car dashboard photos while you're at it.

And any porno pics as well.

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 02:22 PM
BTW - In one of the last hatch scenes, Locke called Hurley by his given name, Hugo.

Bob Dole doesn't remember Hurley telling anyone on the island his real name.

Kclee
05-26-2005, 02:27 PM
BTW - In one of the last hatch scenes, Locke called Hurley by his given name, Hugo.

Yeah, on the raft Sawyer was reading the notes in the bottle and says who the hell is Hugo and something about giving $160 mil. to his mother.

ZootedGranny
05-26-2005, 02:34 PM

He told Jack his name as a segue into wanting to start a census.

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Yeah, on the raft Sawyer was reading the notes in the bottle and says who the hell is Hugo and something about giving $160 mil. to his mother.

Right.

How the heck did Locke, back on the island, know his real name?

Bob Dole
05-26-2005, 02:36 PM
He told Jack his name as a segue into wanting to start a census.

Argh.

When are they starting to air the episodes in order, again? (The DVD doesn't come out until September.)

ZootedGranny
05-26-2005, 02:38 PM
I think you're assed out until September. That is unless you download the episodes. I wouldn't think any less of you.

KingPriest2
05-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Check out this website

http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm

It plays movies and gives out info on the passengers

Thig Lyfe
05-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey, you guys caught the jersey numbers, too. Didn't notice the dash, though!

And that Pilot episode clip with the monster is AWESOME.

Deberg_1990
05-26-2005, 05:18 PM
And that Pilot episode clip with the monster is AWESOME.

Yea, i love that clip too! So are you implying the Monster is made out of plane parts??

Chiefnj
05-26-2005, 05:28 PM

Has anyone else re-viewed the pilot and seen this??

I have the recap episode on DVR and when I played it, you do not see that swarm thing go over the engine. I'm wondering if the pilot was different than the recap episode, or if this is a really good fake.

Baby Lee
05-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Has anyone else re-viewed the pilot and seen this??

I have the recap episode on DVR and when I played it, you do not see that swarm thing go over the engine. I'm wondering if the pilot was different than the recap episode, or if this is a really good fake.
Hearsay here, but I posted this clip over at hometheaterforum.com and got the following responses
Yet another monster sighting I missed first time around. Most impressive one yet. And more importantly, one which negates the theory that the monster is incapable of traversing the beach.
Um, holy crap!
Just checked my recordings of the pilot to see if that scene really was like that, and it was! aldamon said it best, holy crap!
I don't know Mr. Harbaugh from Adam, so take it with a grain of salt.

I just figured I missed it because I was focused on the dialog and interactions between Jack and Claire, and didn't shift focus until the explosion.

It is interesting, if true, that something flew over the beach and caused damage to the engine, while I was operating on the premise that it hadn't come to the beach because it couldn't, whatever IT is.

One question though, I note that the word 'enhanced' is in the name of the gif. Is your DVR of the replay in HiDef? Is it widescreen?

Chiefnj
05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Hearsay here, but I posted this clip over at hometheaterforum.com and got the following responses

I don't know Mr. Harbaugh from Adam, so take it with a grain of salt.

I just figured I missed it because I was focused on the dialog and interactions between Jack and Claire, and didn't shift focus until the explosion.

It is interesting, if true, that something flew over the beach and caused damage to the engine, while I was operating on the premise that it hadn't come to the beach because it couldn't, whatever IT is.

One question though, I note that the word 'enhanced' is in the name of the gif. Is your DVR of the replay in HiDef? Is it widescreen?

The recap episode is a bit different. it shows someone walking near the engine, someone else yelling at them to get away, the person getting sucked into the engine and then it cuts to Jack and Claire and the explosion occurs almost immediately. You don't see the people running in the background or the swarm.

KingPriest2
05-26-2005, 07:03 PM
Re: This Weird Thing I Found.....CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #54 on: Today at 06:24:59 PM » Reply with quote

These are the pics from the site

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/7017/map0rf.jpg
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/8106/charlie6th.png
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/1801/charleiclaire18ag.jpg
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/6660/charleiclaire31ow.jpg
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/1525/katemugshot9ez.jpg
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/7352/kateplane2gv.jpg
http://img202.echo.cx/img202/1345/sayid7kn.jpg

http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1G15F3OXM7V982HXRG1CW81CLZ

http://img171.echo.cx/img171/5586/rose3jj.jpg

Re: This Weird Thing I Found.....CHECK THIS OUT
« Reply #61 on: Today at 06:43:11 PM » Reply with quote

rest of the pics

http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9427/marshal5wi.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9295/boone9ra.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9162/marshal19rh.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/5586/rose3jj.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/7449/locke2cr.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/6697/knife3yk.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/7241/knife24bz.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/9/jack13dl.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/3350/jack24gz.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/63/image31ax.jpg
http://img171.echo.cx/img171/4691/image54an.jpg

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Check out this website

http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm

It plays movies and gives out info on the passengers

Guys, check this shit out...

Go to this URL, click the home button and read the "message from the president" on the right. Select that text like you could copy it...

What do you see? Now, go paste it into an email and look at what happens.

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Important Announcement
ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED

We regret to announce that Oceanic Airlines has ceased all operations effective immediately.

Michael Orteig, President of Oceanic Airlines, released this statement: "After 25 years of service, we are forced to close our doors. Due to financial difficulties in the wake of the Flight 815 tragedy, we are no longer able to sustain service. We are deeply sorry that we can no longer serve our loyal customers, and apologize for any inconvenience our decision will cause."

Passengers of Oceanic Airlines are encouraged to contact their travel agent or one of Oceanic's airline partners to make alternate travel arrangements.

If anyone should find this message, please get word to Sandra Rafflethorpe of Palm Avenue in Lewiston, Idaho that her sister, Sally is alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

Robert D. West, of Santa Barbara, California, USA survived a horrific plane crash and is stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to parents, Mr. and Mrs. John West, of Tucson Arizona. Thank you.

Robert

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 07:42 PM
I have "pink" script that copied over, but can't paste it.

Rausch
05-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Important Announcement
ALL FLIGHTS CANCELLED

We regret to announce that Oceanic Airlines has ceased all operations effective immediately.

Michael Orteig, President of Oceanic Airlines, released this statement: "After 25 years of service, we are forced to close our doors. Due to financial difficulties in the wake of the Flight 815 tragedy, we are no longer able to sustain service. We are deeply sorry that we can no longer serve our loyal customers, and apologize for any inconvenience our decision will cause."

Passengers of Oceanic Airlines are encouraged to contact their travel agent or one of Oceanic's airline partners to make alternate travel arrangements.

If anyone should find this message, please get word to Sandra Rafflethorpe of Palm Avenue in Lewiston, Idaho that her sister, Sally is alive and stranded on an island somewhere in the South Pacific. Please send help soon. Things are bad. And they're getting worse...

Sally

Robert D. West, of Santa Barbara, California, USA survived a horrific plane crash and is stranded on an island somewhere Northeast of Australia and Southwest of Hawaii. In the event that I am never found, please forward word of my fate to parents, Mr. and Mrs. John West, of Tucson Arizona. Thank you.

Robert

I take it you saw the "pink slip" as well?

Mile High Mania
05-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Hmmm... guess I'm late to the party with that news. Ah well.

KingPriest2
05-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Not really spoilers but I think people might find this interesting

05/26 - They survived on luck. They survived on instinct. But on the other side of the island, they will discover they're not the survivors they thought they were. Source: Oceanic-Air.com [Note: This is an ABC website. You can view the teaser containing those lines by going HERE and then clicking on the row numbers (numbers at the bottom of the seating plan) 4-8-15-16-23-42. Enjoy the ride!]

05/26 - Harold Perrineau said that the pirates who took Walt were "The Others". He also confirmed that Walt has powers. Source: Jimmy Kimmel Live (Thanks Matthew for the tip.)

05/25 - Jorge Garcia (Hurley) was on Z-100 radio in NY this morning and confirmed he will be back next season. Source: Z-100 (Thanks AJ for the tip.)
05/23 - [There will be a death in October.] Source: Kristin on E!Online
05/18 - Harold Perrineau revealed that the voice on the other end of the radio communication Boone made in the other plane will be dealt with next season. Source: ESPN Radio (Thanks Dano for the tip.)

05/17 - JJ Abrams reveals: "[Season 2] is very much another chapter in the story, and it's one of those things where you really don't wanna say anything, but...they've been there for 40 days, and they've been pretty reluctant, for obvious reasons, to venture out too much. If the first 40 days was about their arrival and them realizing that they're going to be there for a while, I'd say the next 40 days is more about their establishing a sense of society and of more permanence, and there are going to be specific story points that will give them very specific objectives that will be part of the overall arc of the season next year." Damon Lindelof says: "One of the really cool things, to me, is that we are going to be introducing new characters to the show. And it'll just get out who we've cast, because we're gonna start shooting the show in July. I think people's default position will be, "Oh, they're all people who we just haven't met yet," sort of in the chorus of, you know, meat socks, as we call them, the people in the background... Maybe some of these characters will come from the chorus and maybe they won't, but word will start to trickle out over the summer about who's joining the cast of Lost, and, more importantly, who's leaving the cast." Jorge Garcia said: "I'm coming back, I think. I mean, I'm alive at the end of this season, so I assume I'm coming back. I'm not a guy who just disappears in the crowd." Source: Kristin on E!Online
05/16 - Matthew Fox on the "did Jack marry Sarah or not": Although some fans may wonder if Jack bolted right before saying the fateful vows, Fox has another idea. "I think people walked away from that," he says, "feeling that that they did see the full wedding ceremony, and that they are married. But the really cool thing was like, holy s**t, now they flash back, and we realize that Jack's never mentioned anything. He doesn't have a wedding ring on. He's never mentioned anything about a wife." "So, somewhere between three and four years, maybe five years, before we meet him on the plane as our hero, this guy was married to a woman that he absolutely adored. So what the hell happened in the interim? How did that come to an end?" "A lot of the story for next year on Jack will be about exactly that same thing. What happened to the relationship?" Fox also wonders about Jack's motivation for marriage in the first place. "There was that scene at the pool with his dad," he says, "where he said, 'Am I marrying her because I saved her life? Am I taking that idea of commitment so far that I'm actually confusing love and adoration with commitment and with following through on saving somebody's soul? Am I confusing that line?" "So he does enter into that with questions. He's clearly conflicted and then ends up making leaps. So we'll see what happens, why it all came apart." Source: Zap2it
05/10 - Cocreator Damon Lindelof reveals that the transmission and its source will play one of the most important pieces of plot for season 2. Source: Entertainment Weekly
05/07 - So far, the focus has been on only 14 of the 48 crash survivors, but that'll soon change. "The population of the island will be shaken up," Abrams says, revealing he's now casting new second-season regulars. "Not everyone will be coming back, and other people will be stepping up. Also, the survivors have explored almost none of the island, so next year becomes more mission-driven. And the inevitable fractious aspects of society-building begin to arise." Source: USA Weekend (Thanks Bonnie for the tip.)
04/25 - Film actress Michelle Rodriguez ("The Fast & The Furious", "Resident Evil") will be joining the cast of ABC hit show "Lost" next season as a regular. Source: TV Guide Online
04/18 - I THINK someone is dying early next season. And I've heard the person already knows because of contract negotiations going on, and is none too pleased and driving something of a hard bargain. Source: Kristin on E!Online
04/08 - Early on, Jack found some skeletons and a pouch containing black-and-white rocks. Explain. ''The black-and-white stones have been a recurring theme in the show,'' says executive producer Damon Lindelof (e.g., Locke's favorite board game, backgammon, and the mysterious Black Rock). ''We know who those skeletons are, what their story was, and what they were doing with those stones. But that's a question we won't be answering this season.'' - - Charlie was hooked on heroin. Recently, Locke and Boone found heroin on a plane. Discuss. ''One of the things that has made Charlie's ability to kick the habit so easy is that he hasn't had any temptation,'' says Lindelof. ''Reintroducing temptation is part of our intent. The good news, for now, is that he doesn't know that the plane is out there.'' Source: Entertainment Weekly (Thanks Sienna for the tip.)

Nest year will be even better I believe

Ultra Peanut
05-27-2005, 03:41 AM
A Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article on season finales...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05147/511178.stm

Antsy and angry may also be how fans feel after Wednesday's "Lost" season finale failed to answer many questions about the show's mysteries.

OK, so now we can be pretty sure there are other people living on the island after they kidnapped young Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). And a few lives hang in the balance after the raft attack. Sure the hatch to who-knows-where got blown, but where it leads remains unknown. And viewers did see more of the mechanical-sounding monster that lives beneath the tropical tree canopy, but it resembled a free-floating ink spot (or was that shimmer some sort of invisibility shield?).

"Lost" gave viewers little payoff for watching all season. I defended the series to friends for months because I enjoyed the character stories in flashbacks, but that defense was based upon the assurance from producers that the show was headed somewhere. I'm no longer convinced that it is.

And don't forget UPN's "Veronica Mars," the little show that could. This smart mystery-drama showcased the acting talents of two noteworthy stars, lead actress Kristen Bell as the title character, and supporting player Jason Dohring as nutball-with-a-damaged soul Logan Echolls.

That the series made good on its promise to reveal the true killer of Veronica's best friend, Lilly Kane, and set up an exasperating cliffhanger (Who did Veronica greet at her front door? Best friend Wallace? Ex-boyfriend Duncan? Logan?) just made its creative success all the more praiseworthy.Nail, meet Mr. Owen's head. Or something like that.

ZootedGranny
05-27-2005, 04:19 AM

I didn't create the gif, but I do have the original airing of the episode that was taken from an HD widescreen feed, and it's the exact same scene as the gif.

I cropped the show so that it's the scene in question, as well as a little before and a little after. There is no sound, because I didn't feel like resynching the VBR audio for a simple clip.

Actually, while just editing the video, I noticed that aside from the main creature that appears in the air, there's also another off in the distance over the man's shoulder that is running away.

Here you go (Divx 5.02 encoded):
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ROCYEIEQ5MLI3EJ6VNOQQMRIW

Ultra Peanut
05-27-2005, 04:35 AM
Wow, there is. Nice.

And if you'll allow me to go all Joss Whedon on you for a second, that fireball was pretty. :D

ExtremeChief
05-27-2005, 05:14 AM
What was on Good Morning America??

KingPriest2
05-27-2005, 07:35 AM
I found this

They all had either a problem/issue with getting on the plane
« on: Yesterday at 01:28:19 PM » Reply with quote

**** did not want to be there whole heartedly: CLAIRE: JIN :SUN:MICHAEL
****forced to be there : KATE; SAWYER: WALT
*** Got pulled aside for questioning : SAYID
**** Had issues with getting his dad on the plane: JACK
*****Got into a fight and waking up late almost missing his flight: CHARLIE
##### bad luck events all the way to the airport and thru the terminal: HURLEY
*****had problems getting on the flight because of his disability: LOCKE

BOONE and Shannon.. I cant remember what issue they had other than trying to get into first class,, and that is not a REAL issue is IT?
Whoelse am I missing ??

Baby Lee
05-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Private eyes, they're watchin' you. . . seeing your evv-ry moooove!!
http://img19.echo.cx/img19/121/enhanceeyes7aj5no.jpg

Big Slick
05-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Sorry to bring this dead thread back up, but I've got a big question for you "Lost" fans out there. This is from Samuel L Jackson's bio on IMDB:

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Lost" playing "Bernard" in episode: "Genesis: Part 1" (episode # 2.1) 23 September 2005
"Lost" playing "Bernard" in episode: "Exodus: Part 3" (episode # 1.25) 25 May 2005

Bernard is Rose's husband, and it says he was in the season finale! I don't have it taped anymore, anybody out there have it or recall seeing him in the background in a flashback? I can't imagine a huge film star like that becoming a main character on a TV series, but wow, it would be awesome to see him as the leader of the tail section survivors! Given that we've already got a quickie appearance from Michelle Rodriguez, another tail sectioner movie star, it seems quite likely there'll be a tail section story line...

So, any SLJ sightings, TiVo crowd?

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
The tagline for next season is "they've survived x and x and x, but next season they find out they're not the survivors they thought they were. Speculation is pretty settled that there'll be another contingent discovered with Bernard and Michelle's character among them.
All in favor of a bra and panty cat fight between Michelle and Kate over Jack?

Ultra Peanut
05-31-2005, 12:25 PM
Private eyes, they're watchin' you. . . seeing your evv-ry moooove!! Creepy. Also, the song ref really makes me wish I had a screencap of Vinnie Vanlowe singing it from the window in episode 17 of Veronica Mars. Hilarious.

Sorry to bring this dead thread back up, but I've got a big question for you "Lost" fans out there. This is from Samuel L Jackson's bio on IMDB:It's IMDB, so "grain of salt" and all, but interesting. I don't even remember seeing Rose in the finale.

"What part of the island you from? 'WHAT?' They speak English over in 'WHAT?' Say 'WHAT' again, mother****er!"

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
It's IMDB, so "grain of salt" and all, but interesting. I don't even remember seeing Rose in the finale.
I don't have the fottage anymore, but I'm betting you'll see them either in the background at the terminal or in the montage as everyone gets seated before takeoff.

Ultra Peanut
05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't have the fottage anymore, but I'm betting you'll see them either in the background at the terminal or in the montage as everyone gets seated before takeoff.I'll be checking that shortly.

Baby Lee
05-31-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll be checking that shortly.
If not, there's a possibility that it could've been cut for time. Apparently there was a scene with the pilot [that got killed by the monster] and Claire interacting during boarding that was cut as well.

Big Slick
05-31-2005, 12:31 PM
It's IMDB, so "grain of salt" and all, but interesting. I don't even remember seeing Rose in the finale.
?? I always thought IMDB was pretty much the authority. Not so??

I'll be checking that shortly.

That's what I was hoping to hear from somebody! :thumb: :clap: :toast:

Ultra Peanut
05-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Pretty sure neither Rose nor Lucius were seen arguing over where she put his super suit in the boarding montage at the end, at the very least.

?? I always thought IMDB was pretty much the authority. Not so??It's maintained by submissions from users. It's a wonderful resource, but sometimes mistakes slip through.

ZootedGranny
05-31-2005, 12:46 PM
I just watched nearly every frame of all of the airport scenes from the final episode, and Samuel was absent. All we saw of Rose was the side of her head.

Ultra Peanut
05-31-2005, 12:47 PM
I just watched nearly every frame of all of the airport scenes from the final episode, and Samuel was absent. All we saw of Rose was the side of her head.I would like to corroborate this report.

Big Slick
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
FYI, the mystery girl's diary finally got updated...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary.html

Rausch
06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Private eyes, they're watchin' you. . . seeing your evv-ry moooove!!
http://img19.echo.cx/img19/121/enhanceeyes7aj5no.jpg

Those look like boobies with inverted nipples to me...

ct
06-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Those look like boobies with inverted nipples to me...

You've contributed way too many of those 20,000 girlie thread posts.

Fezzic
06-07-2005, 08:38 AM
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95694|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Michelle Rodriguez may get to have that drink with Matthew Fox after all.
After a brief appearance on "Lost" in part one of the show's season finale in May, Rodriguez will join the cast full-time next season, ABC says. She'll be playing a character named Ana-Lucia Cortez.

Rumors that the "Girlfight" star would join the cast have been swirling for some time now, and her addition presents some tantalizing possibilities for the show's second season.

From her cameo in a flashback sequence with Fox's Jack Shepard in part one of the season finale, we know that Ana-Lucia had a seat near the back of the plane on Oceanic Flight 815. From the show's pilot, we know that the tail section broke off before the plane crashed on the mysterious island that Jack and 40-some other survivors now call home.
The casting of Rodriguez adds credence to the idea that other passengers may have ended up on the island as well. Shortly before his death, Boone (Ian Somerhalder) made radio contact with someone who appeared to say "We're the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815."

Rodriguez first earned notice for her starring role in 2000's "Girlfight," for which she won an Independent Spirit Award and several critics' honors. She's also appeared in "The Fast and the Furious," "Blue Crush" and "S.W.A.T." "Lost" will be her first TV series.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-07-2005, 08:46 AM
mmmm...... Evangeline Lilly...

Thig Lyfe
06-07-2005, 09:03 AM
mmmm...... Evangeline Lilly...

hells yeah.

Bearcat
06-07-2005, 09:46 AM
From her cameo in a flashback sequence with Fox's Jack Shepard in part one of the season finale, we know that Ana-Lucia had a seat near the back of the plane on Oceanic Flight 815. From the show's pilot, we know that the tail section broke off before the plane crashed on the mysterious island that Jack and 40-some other survivors now call home.

I don't think it means she was 100% guaranteed in her seat when the tail broke off.... I know this isn't a show based on reality, but I'd just have a much easier time believing she was close to the front at the time. We already know the pilot survived... sort of.

ct
06-07-2005, 10:02 AM
So anyone watching the reruns? They had either the 1st or 2nd show last wednesday, and I caught something missed the 1st time around.

In the plane, Jack and the older lady who insists who husband(perhaps SLJ?) is alive, are talking just before the crash. The noises during the turbulance sounded very familiar, after seeing the whole 1st season. Later on the beach, Jack is staring off across the ocean, with this black lady talking to a couple others. This is after they heard the 'monstor' just off the beach, in the trees. She says 'That noise was so familiar'.

So my conclusion is the monstor caused the plane crash. It, whatever it is, was up there, and brought the plane down.

oldandslow
09-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Sept 21 8pm central

I found this appetizer.

http://media.putfile.com/LostPromo11

I would never have figured this character to have entered the "Hatch" first.

KingPriest2
09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
starts tonite

Michael Michigan
09-21-2005, 06:36 PM
First hour is a recap.

Frazod
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
Almost time....

WHAT'S UNDER THE DAMNED HATCH??!!

:cuss:

Michael Michigan
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Almost time....

Damn.

Kinda cool.

Bob Dole
09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Almost time....

Some guy who doesn't appear to be roughing it...

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Some guy who doesn't appear to be roughing it...

I get the feeling his life's in for a bit of a shake up. :D

Deberg_1990
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Almost time....

Apparantly some dude whos buff and has a nice little bachelor pad set up for himself.

Mile High Mania
09-21-2005, 07:14 PM
WTF was up with that?

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:14 PM
God I love this show! :thumb:

Mile High Mania
09-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I love it too, but how is she seeing visions of Walt all wet ... or, is he really there?

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I love it too, but how is she seeing visions of Walt all wet ... or, is he really there?

I doubt it. Walt wouldn't have run from Sayeed - he would have wanted protection. Perhaps Walt was using his super-Walt-powers to project his image somehow.

Fairplay
09-21-2005, 07:18 PM
Someone with tivo tell me what Walt said in the jungle.

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Someone with tivo tell me what Walt said in the jungle.

Later. I'm not rewinding now.

Michael Michigan
09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I doubt it. Walt wouldn't have run from Sayeed - he would have wanted protection. Perhaps Walt was using his super-Walt-powers to project his image somehow.

Maybe he's dead.

Dead people really seem to like the island.

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Maybe he's dead.

Dead people really seem to like the island.

I actually thought she'd see Boone. Maybe later. :D

chagrin
09-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Walt isn't dead, and he's not really there - I vote for the super Walt powers idea. So there's a dude with an antidote to something, or just his med's for the disease he has, down there hiding with food, water, etc. Black smoke and pirates...hmmm

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
"You left out the part where you want to see if I get eaten by something."

"Yeah, that too."

:evil:

Michael Michigan
09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
"You left out the part where you want to see if I get eaten by something."

"Yeah, that too."

:evil:

Uh-oh.

At least she'll get a shower.

Frazod
09-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Uh-oh.

At least she'll get a shower.

I'm betting she could use one. :D

Fairplay
09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
Actually i knew what was going to happen on this episode.
But didn't want to tell anyone.

It was all foretold by someone who seen the premiere in Hawaii a few days ago.