PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Official "Lost" the series discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

KingPriest2
10-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Carl might be one of the Tailie kids they picked up earlier.

Like your skepticism that they don't actually have a dossier though.

He might be another. Take a hit for the team.

Chief Chief
10-05-2006, 10:31 AM
The group of losties will be better served if Kate, Sawyer and Jack are all executed. They don't communicate enough to be effective leaders.

uhmmm..HELLO!!! This isn't "Survivor"!!!

banyon
10-05-2006, 10:51 AM
He might be another. Take a hit for the team.

That's what I replied to earlier.

Seems too obvious.

TrebMaxx
10-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I have a question about last nights show. I saw Jack and Kate both remove bandages showing they received some type of injection, but I don't remember seeing Sawyer do the same. Did Sawyer show evidence of receiving an injection too?

TN_Chief
10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Not that I remember. And don't be so sure it was an injection they received...it could just as easily have been that they had blood drawn. The band-aid/cotton ball thing is something I've only ever gotten when I had a blood draw. Generally speaking, injections are given intramuscularly or subcutaneously and don't require a bandage...blood is drawn directly from a vein in the arm (just about where their bandges were located) and you do the cotton ball/band-aid thing to help stop any bleeding.

Frazod
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
uhmmm..HELLO!!! This isn't "Survivor"!!!
Good thing, too - none of them would have survived that wandering through the jungle at night with torches stunt from last season.

I'm still offended by how stupid that was.

Psyko Tek
10-06-2006, 01:28 PM
The next show i should time the commercials from 8:00 to 9:00 and find out how much time the network is subjecting us to these commercials.

42:15 runtime
so we are getting 17:45 of commercial goodness

Psyko Tek
10-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Another theory:

The shows past suggested that Jack has problems. His wife dumped him and his father thinks he needs counseling. Mental problems?

Hurley was in an institution. So was that girl who died last season. But she acted like a pyschologist. So maybe Jack was also in the institution. Maybe a lot of the passengers on that flight are mental patients that were transported on an airplane. Crazy man. Theorys can be wild sometimes.

Maybe the others have good reason to be afraid of them.
Locking them up might not be a bad idea.

carp, if they do the st. elsewhere thing I will march on jj abrams house and hit him right in the mouth until my hand hurt

Psyko Tek
10-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I can understan why they want jack, a doctor, kate, a hot chick, even hurley, he's rich, but why sawyer, he's a conman, why do they want him

KCTitus
10-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Comparing the begin of season 2 to season 3...

In season 2, we got inside the hatch, met desmond and learned about the button...we also found out that the hatch had all sorts of food, running water etc, but Jack, Kate and Locke were slow to share the secret. That was in one episode.

In season 3, we got to see where the others lived and that they dont care to reveal anything about themselves and they are doing something with Sawyer, Kate and Jack.

I was left with no answers short of the very first opening bit which showed that the others live on another part of the island or maybe a totally different island.

Once again, Im left disappointed with this show...

Psyko Tek
10-06-2006, 07:03 PM
can we get a new thread for season 3
I hate to got through all the post to find this weeks

Ultra Peanut
10-07-2006, 06:39 AM
"You know, a couple of years ago, I only weighed 133 pounds soaking wet. But thanks to Nougat-O, I put the weight on and I've kept it on. And now... I'm on Lost."

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
'bump'

Frazod
10-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm TiVoing it and will watch it later. 4321 all those commercials.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-11-2006, 07:55 PM
"You taste like fish bisquits"

Fairplay
10-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I liked this episode better.

I would not trust Benjamin any farther then i would throw him.

That goes for any of the others.

That dude monitoring the cameras seems to be the real question of the episode.

dr00d
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
I liked this episode better.

I would not trust Benjamin any farther then i would throw him.

That goes for any of the others.

That dude monitoring the cameras seems to be the real question of the episode.

benjamin was the dude monitoring the cameras...

Frazod
10-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I think I'll start saving TiVoed episodes and watching them three or four at a time. Just not enough story advancement in a single episode.

Interesting to see Trixie get whacked. Al would be pissed. :D

oldandslow
10-12-2006, 07:06 AM
And frazod...

I can't believe we had to go through the pain of listening to Joe Buck's call as the Red Sox beat the Cards for the WS title.

Good show tho. Answered one of my major questions, i.e., do the "others" have contact with the outside.

I also like seeing the dark side of Sun.

Chiefnj
10-12-2006, 07:18 AM
I thought it was a horrible episode. The character development on the show is atrocious. All of season 1 and 2 the Sun/Jin relationship was evolving to one where Jin was becoming less radical and accepting Sun as an equal. After the announcement of the pregnancy they were closer than ever. Now, after a day and a half on the sailboat, both characters have remarkably regressed - he is once again a controller and she is distant, lying and manipulative. Everything that was developed over the last two seasons was lost in 1 minute with no explanation.

The same problems plague Sayid and Jack. Sayid in the first two seasons was the all knowing Iraqi solidier. He's like Mcgeyver but tougher and with a bad mideastern accent. He wants to rush off with just Sun and Jin to face an unknown enemy? One that apparently easily captured 5 other lostees. One that previously had a fishing boat with explosives while they are tottering around in a sailboat? Others that have an unknown amount of firepower and more manpower? He thinks they are just going to walk down in the open and examine the black smoke? These are the same others that snuck up on the beach and killed a lostee or two in the first season. He turned into a bumbling idiot in one episode.

Jack has always been the annoying "I can save everyone". Now, after one day of captivity and learning that his ex-wife is happy he is a broken snivelling little boy?

It's bad enough dealing with a slow moving plot, excessive commercials, excessive re-runs of the show. If character development isn't consistent the show will die. IMO, they need to kill off half of the main characters and focus on a smaller number and develop them better.

KCTitus
10-12-2006, 07:23 AM
So I guess, the other people are still on the island, pushing the button and eating the food that's being air dropped from someone. Locke, Eko and the heroin guy are wondering what to do about the new hatch they discovered and Desmond's long lost girlfriend is now trying to identify the location of the electromagnetic pulse created when the button wasnt pushed...not to mention the 'mystery smoke' ghost the polar bears on the island, the wild hogs, and the mystery monster that uproots trees and tried to pull Locke under the ground, but sounds mechanical is still there and unanswered on the other side of the island...all of those story lines have now been replaced by Benjamin trying to get Jack to 'get his mind right' so he can go home and Sawyer and Kate are now slave labor for the 'others'.

WTF?

Seriously, What in the F! is the deal with this show...the story winds around and answers nothing, just a new tangent to go on for the next season. How in the world can they wrap up this stuff in 100 episodes let alone this season and next is beyond me.

The show has become tedious.

banyon
10-12-2006, 08:20 AM
I still like the show, but that episoode was pretty empty.

Baby Lee
10-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm starting to think that Kate's entire raison d'etre [aside from looking tasty] is to provide a head against which the Others can put a gun whenever it looks like the Losties might have the upper hand.

Baby Lee
10-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Love TWoP

The flashbacks feature Sun lying a lot: to her father, to Jin, in bed with Jae. Her father discovers her affair, and enlists Jin to send Jae a message -- with extreme prejudice -- but doesn't tell his reluctant son-in-law about the affair. Neither does Sun. And Jin can't bring it upon himself to kill Jae; instead, he scares the living shit out of him and warns him to leave the country. Jae's in such a hurry to leave, he doesn't take the stairs or the elevator; he just jumps out the window. Or he was pushed. I think he jumped, and it was because he lost the receipt for the pearls that he tried to give Sun.

banyon
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Love TWoP

"You've got 2 choices, you can take the window or the stairs.." :)

banyon
10-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Uh-oh. Looks like Locke hit the Ol' Dharma brand PCP again.

chiefsfan987
10-18-2006, 07:28 PM
This is the first time since the show started that I'm not planning on watching. Lost is starting to lose my attention and is borderline slipping into suckville.... I think I'll watch Jericho instead.

Fairplay
10-18-2006, 08:12 PM
DUDE!!

The Locke acting like an indian tripping on whatever he was taking scene was cool you have to admit. That airport scene was it.

Locke lived on a pot farm!! He was cool!! I bet that was some awesome sh*t. No wonder they were eating a big meal. Wowi Maui.

That polar bear sounds like a tiger?? Cross breading perhaps.

Locke says..."Charlie stay off herion, weed is the way to go man."

Twice refering to Locke being a hunter.

I guess that means he will eventually hunt down those bad guys (others).

It looks like Desmond has something to with all this obviously. Somehow.
Maybe he can see into the future or something.

He should have listened to Echo. Plus Echo talks while hes asleep. Thats talented.

That dudes a narc! Locke what the hell were you thinking!!

Fairplay
10-18-2006, 08:41 PM
This is the first time since the show started that I'm not planning on watching. Lost is starting to lose my attention and is borderline slipping into suckville.... I think I'll watch Jericho instead.

Lost has a lot of characters to keep up on. Im not sure what to think about it but im still hanging in there. Two seasons invested in it so WTF.

Jericho is cheaply made i think. I could go on. It still retains interest as to what is going on. Still in limbo as to what to think about it.

Jake and Lennie and dale seem to hold most of the keys so far.

(or dude who came back from San Diego, the black dude who is paraniod, and the kid in who runs a store.)

ChiefsFanatic
10-18-2006, 09:21 PM
Lost has a lot of characters to keep up on. Im not sure what to think about it but im still hanging in there. Two seasons invested in it so WTF.

Jericho is cheaply made i think. I could go on. It still retains interest as to what is going on. Still in limbo as to what to think about it.

Jake and Lennie and dale seem to hold most of the keys so far.

(or dude who came back from San Diego, the black dude who is paraniod, and the kid in who runs a store.)

I have not watched Jericho at all, but I think The Stand by Stephen King would have made a much better foundation for a series. There would have been many characters and storylines to chose from and follow.

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Have you seen me pants, brothah?

Guru
10-18-2006, 10:31 PM

Like the avatar. :thumb:

banyon
10-18-2006, 11:02 PM

Lost was much better before Phobia left.

ChiefFan31
10-19-2006, 01:53 AM

LMAO Yep, ol Desmond is a trip. Him and that hey brothah

That was a damn good episode. So its what two more, then a big ass cliff hanger then 12 week hiatus. I think I might DVR and watch several in a row once it comes back. So damn many commercials, even with being able to FF through them. I forget how important Locke is, he is a good actor and brings a lot to the series.

Bragging on the Internet is Lame, but finally watched a episode in HD for the first time, just got a HDTV and Hot Damn it looks good :drool:

Psyko Tek
10-19-2006, 02:42 AM
This is the first one I have watched "live" this year
definately gonna tivo or bit the rest the commercials screw it up

ct
10-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I've been trying to make the animal connection myself, keeps coming back.

Theory #4 from episode 2 weeks ago (gets too far-fetched towards the end):

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1544476_3_0_,00.html

4. THE DHARMA ZOO

LAST SEASON Not ranked

ANALYSIS When Juliet casually revealed that Jack's cell inside Dharma's former zoology facility, the Hydra, had been a lab for studying sharks and dolphins, I naturally began to wonder what kind of weird science was being conducted inside this station. I thought, ''Doc, aren't sharks and dolphins natural enemies? Perhaps these brainy, aquatic rivals were being used in experiments designed to purge aggressive behavior and reconstruct hostile survival-of-the-fittest instincts. Just imagine if that research could be applied to human beings. In fact, maybe Dharma was trying to turn the Utopian dream of John Lennon's 'Imagine' into a genetically engineered reality.''

And then I thought to myself, ''Nah! That's crazy talk, Doc! Bring it back down to plausible science. Clearly, what Dharma was really trying to do was... manufacture human/animal hybrids, just like The Island of Dr. Moreau!''

THEORY Think about the Others. Think about their cute, simple pet names. Ben. Tom. Juliet. Think about their bare feet, padding silently and easily through the jungle as if they were born to it. Think about ''Henry Gale,'' and how he links to The Wizard of Oz, which includes one of the most famous human/animal hybrids in pop culture, the Cowardly Lion.

In fact, the more you think about it, the more it makes sense that there's some kind of dark animal magic on Lost. Mr. Friendly/Tom could be part polar bear, a seemingly cuddly yet very dangerous predator. (Hence, why Kate isn't his ''type,'' and why he knows that it only took two hours for the bears to crack the food puzzle.) Henry Gale/Ben could be part shark, allegedly villainous but actually misunderstood. (Again: ''We're the good guys...'') And Juliet could be part dolphin, playful, empathic, and always coming to the rescue, like the way she reached out to Jack when he was drowning in flashback angst. Her Flipper-esque nature also explains her uneasy relationship with Ben; remember, dolphins and sharks don't mix. Just like ''Fire + Water,'' the title of the weirdest Lost episode ever (it was the one where Charlie was inexplicably overwhelmed by religiously tinged hallucinations), and the episode that just may explain all of this theoretical monkey business. During one of Charlie's flashback scenes, there was a visual reference to the cover art of Pink Floyd's Animals, a concept album inspired by George Orwell's Animal Farm. Now, we know that Dharma was doing experiments in zoology and parapsychology; perhaps the animals were test subjects for experiments in mind/body separation and consciousness transfer. In fact, Smokey the Monster which roars like a bear, hunts like a shark, and thinks telepathically like a dolphin (or so some believe) may have been the prototype for switch-and-mix hybrid engineering. (Further proof: according to the Map found in the Hatch, Dharma referred to Smokey as ''Cerberus,'' a mythic beast with three heads.)

According to The Lost Experience, the summertime Internet extravaganza produced by the show's creative team, Dharma's mission was to not only explore ways to improve mankind (see: Dr. Moreau), but more pressingly, to develop radical strategies to preserve the human species from impending self-destruction (think: Noah's Ark); perhaps Dharma was trying to download human consciousness into sea creatures in case one of Al Gore's awful inconvenient truths triggered another flood.

Regardless, it's possible that my animal-magic contention supersedes or possibly intersects with my previously stated Dharma-test-subject-uprising theory. Maybe the Hydra animals telepathically took control of the scientists. Or maybe they melded minds with the human test subjects and drove the scientists away. (According to an annotation on the Map of all the Dharma facilities found in the Hatch by John Locke, an unspecified entity inexplicably ''divested from the project in 1985''; could this entity be the Others?)

So why are these beastly Others obsessed with the Oceanic 815 castaways? Maybe it's an instinctively mandated Darwinian turf war. Maybe they want to transfer their consciousness into Jack, Kate, and Sawyer's stronger, younger bodies.

But I have a kinder, gentler theory: Maybe the Others represent a new kind of being, one that lives in harmony with nature. (The fact that they walk silently and barefoot through the jungle seems to suggest that they possess an animal's sense of ease in the jungle environment.) And maybe as such, they have something they want to teach our human castaways about living better, more enlightened lives. Yes, the Others do sometimes behave like rabid dogs... but really, they just want to be man's best friend.

ESTIMATED CHANCE OF BEING RIGHT Negative 99.999%

And then Theory #4 from episode last week:

4. WHAT'S THE TRUE PURPOSE OF KATE AND SAWYER'S FORCED LABOR?

LAST WEEK Unranked

ANALYSIS I don't for a second believe that the Others are really building anything on that plot of rocky land they have Kate and Sawyer clearing unless it's a baby nursery. Or maybe the Others are pirates, and they're looking for buried treasure, and they're making Kate and Sawyer do the digging.

Or maybe we need to be parsing this along Biblically symbolic lines. Kate and Sawyer, both fugitives, are Adam and Eve after the Fall of Man. The rock quarry represents God's curse on mankind. And the Others represent the demanding yoke of Old Testament law, which required unquestioning obedience lest the Lord let loose with some of that great vengeance and furious anger of His.

I should just stick with the crazy disembodied-psychic theories, shouldn't I?

THEORY The Others want what Lost fans want they wanna see Kate and Sawyer do it. And by ''it,'' I mean ''It.'' And by ''It,'' I mean, ''Unprotected It.'' That kiss between the two captives was no accident; the Others know perfectly well what kind of stimulating effect the sight of a hot and sweaty Kate in a revealing sundress would have on Sawyer. So why are the Others doing everything to create circumstances that will drive Kate and Sawyer toward each other, to push their love/hate relationship firmly on the side of love, to get them to finally do the deed?

Ratings.

Oh, and they need to get Kate knocked up. I'm guessing for some reason, the Others are incapable of reproducing. But because they are psychic animal/human hybrids (see last week's ''Animal Magic'' theory), they are instinctively driven toward survival and advancing the species. So they need babies to transfer their consciousness.

''Forced labor,'' indeed.

ESTIMATED CHANCE OF BEING RIGHT 108%. Like the Numbers, my logic is adding up... to something that makes absolutely no sense.

KcMizzou
10-19-2006, 12:21 PM
This is the first time since the show started that I'm not planning on watching. Lost is starting to lose my attention and is borderline slipping into suckville.... I think I'll watch Jericho instead.I gave up on it quite a while ago. I think the writers are just making shit up as they go along.

buddha
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
It's clear that the Others have a very clear view on the relative "goodness" of the castaways. Jack has always been viewed as one of the good guys, while Kate and Sawyer are clearly "bad" in their real lives. Jack gets warm food and a clean cell, while the other two get treated like "animals" in every sense.

It appears that Jack will be able to cut a deal with Ben sometime in the near future. To what end is still very much in doubt, but it may involve integrations with the Others, or, at the very least, turning his back on his fellow castaways.

If we can trust Ben's comments from an earlier episode, he was born on this Island. I guess it's possible that he is a direct decendant from the original Dharma scientists...it's hard to get a real bead on his age. Perhaps Juliet and the others are also the children of those original Dharmans, but have either lost conviction for the mission of their parents, or that mission has changed.

They clearly have contacts off the island...the rich dude who was the father of Desmond's girlfriend (being one, and possibly others).

The only thing that has really bothered me about this season so far was Said's and Jin's stupidity in leaving the sailboat tied to the dock while they waited for the Others to walk into clear view by the giant bonfire! What writer thought that storyline had any plausibility? You have a crack soldier and a trained assassin and they would be THAT dumb? Never.

beer bacon
10-19-2006, 03:53 PM
I guess I am just a big dope, but I still really like the show. The only major problem I have is with all the commercials, but ABC tends to do that with all their bigtime shows.

I am really happy to see badass hunter Locke better. I can't wait for Locke, Echo, and maybe ex-military Desmond to go **** the Others up.

Baby Lee
10-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Any thoughts on the inscription Locke saw immediately after Adabeesi's boom stick hit him on the head.

Something along the lines of "lift your head to the North."

Adept Havelock
10-19-2006, 04:00 PM
Any thoughts on the inscription Locke saw immediately after Adabeesi's boom stick hit him on the head.

Something along the lines of "lift your head to the North."

My map of the island has a logo over the north... "Here be Dragons".

Or not.

I'm guessing that's were the Others suburb/compound is.

Nice to see Locke the pig-sticker coming back.

Ari Chi3fs
10-19-2006, 04:16 PM
well this show is definitely one of the more interesting ones on TV, so Ill continue watching. I just DVR it, or I mute the commercials and read something.

Lost, Entourage, and Survivor are the only tv shows that I watch... so it really doesnt matter much to me. Just entertain me bitches.

keg in kc
10-19-2006, 07:29 PM
This season as started great. I about busted a gut tonight when Dwight asked Ryan what the Dharma Initiative is on The Office.

How bizarre is that, really - on last week's Lost they showed a clip from Boston winning the world series (a Fox broadcast) and tonight an NBC show references an ABC broadcast. Nutty...

KingPriest2
10-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Alot of info last night. Good episode

cadmonkey
10-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I am really starting to be annoyed at the "this episode will focus on Jack/Sawyer/Kate" and "this week will focus on the survivors"

Chiefnj
10-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Alot of info last night. Good episode

What was the info???

patteeu
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
What was the Desmond up to with his Ben Franklin (lightning) experiment?

Whose x-ray did Jack see on the wall as he was being brought into the room where the gunshot wound chick died? (Jack later said that the x-ray showed a large tumor on the spine).

banyon
10-26-2006, 10:03 AM
A couple of thoughts I had last night.

Are they really being held on an island off the main island, or is it another trick by the Others and they are actually only on a peninsula that appears to be an island from that vantage point?

2nd, it seems far-fetched, but I hope that they didn't bring the Losties to the Island just so they could get Jack to work on Ben's tumor.

It's pretty obvious I think by now that Juliet is going to betray the Others.

noa
10-26-2006, 10:04 AM
The writers apparently think the audience has a fetish for watching people kick the crap out of Sawyer.

banyon
10-26-2006, 10:05 AM

He has gained the ability to glimpse slightly into the future, they hinted at it last week when he predicted Locke's speech.

Whose x-ray did Jack see on the wall as he was being brought into the room where the gunshot wound chick died? (Jack later said that the x-ray showed a large tumor on the spine).

I assume it's Ben (Henry Gale).

cadmonkey
10-26-2006, 10:06 AM
What was the info???

They are on different islands

cadmonkey
10-26-2006, 10:07 AM

I think the x-rays were Ben's

Chiefnj
10-26-2006, 10:09 AM
They are on different islands

The losties have marched to the other end of the island, have had a raft and have had a yacht and they never noticed the other island nearby??

They also have had Kate in a cage that she can easily squeeze through?

The show has lost it.

Chief Chief
10-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I think the x-rays aren't associated at all to any character. They're shown just to stir our curiousity.

patteeu
10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
He has gained the ability to glimpse slightly into the future, they hinted at it last week when he predicted Locke's speech.

Thanks, I must have missed that part. What does that have to do with his lightning experiment though? I missed the part just before he borrowed the golf club. Did he have a vision of an approaching lightning storm or something?

noa
10-26-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks, I must have missed that part. What does that have to do with his lightning experiment though? I missed the part just before he borrowed the golf club. Did he have a vision of an approaching lightning storm or something?

Yeah, he had a premonition that lightning would strike Claire and her baby, so he built a lightning rod next to that to avoid disaster. Charlie heard his warning and saw the lightning strike, so he's becoming convinced that the dude can see the future.

Ari Chi3fs
10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Last night was the best of the year so far, IMO.

That pacemaker scene was infuriating... I couldnt believe that shit. I have got to the point where I want the Losties to nuke the Others. The Others are like Islamic Jihad Terrorists to me now.

But I have a feeling that next week will reveal some major twist, as I noticed someone in a hatch with an eyepatch looking all evil. So who knows what is up next.

wilas101
10-26-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the evil looking eyepatch dude was Deacon from Waterworld.

I guess he found Dryland after all.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezeframes5/WaterWorld38.jpg

ChiefsKing
10-26-2006, 12:42 PM
I don't think Desmond was seeing into the future, I think it has all happened before, like a bad groundhogs day.
I wonder if the x-ray with the tumor was of sawyer? That would explain why the guy stopped beating him when Kaye said she loved sawyer. I thought that would have been a point where he killed him, in front of her to let them know the pain he was going through, but it was like that almost satisfied him that they loved eachother.

keg in kc
10-26-2006, 12:45 PM
It was clear during the preview it was Ben.

And I'm loving this season so far. Enjoying Jericho, too (on CBS). Wednesday night's a good night.

banyon
10-26-2006, 12:54 PM
So, no one else thought maybe there's not another island?

:shrug:

Right before he shows Sawyer the view he is bragging about what great con artists they are.

keg in kc
10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh, I'm sure there's more to it than that, unless their island is invisible to the other one. Maybe there's some Dharma tech doing that.

I want to know who the guy in the eyepatch is.

patteeu
10-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Yeah, he had a premonition that lightning would strike Claire and her baby, so he built a lightning rod next to that to avoid disaster. Charlie heard his warning and saw the lightning strike, so he's becoming convinced that the dude can see the future.

Ah, thanks. That makes sense now. Boy, you can't turn your back on that show for a minute.

Chiefnj
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM
So, no one else thought maybe there's not another island?

:shrug:

Right before he shows Sawyer the view he is bragging about what great con artists they are.

They can make islands appear and disappear with sleight of hand, but don't have a crash cart?

Fish
10-26-2006, 01:09 PM
What the hell was the alien looking thing in the previews for next week? At least... it looked like a long-fingered alien to me...

buddha
10-26-2006, 01:19 PM
The second island is tough to explain given what they've told us so far. How could the survivors have missed seeing it at some point? Is it cloaked in some way (grasping at possible explanations here)? The cages are all about observation and experimentation, aren't they? The Others also want to break Jack/Kate/Sawyer's spirits, but to what end? Yes, clearly they want Jack to operate on Ben (or whomever has the tumor). Do they need Kate and Sawyer for other purposes when the time comes? Clearly so, because they don't do anything randomly...everything has a purpose and they are always thinking several moves ahead.

Even when the show gets frustrating, it's still compelling viewing from my standpoint.

In many respects, I think Desmond is still the lynch pin here. He was a part of the Dhama group, and now he's apparently not. He was tied to the daughter of the rich dude who is somehow involved with all of this (assumption), and he certainly knows more about the whole thing than he's letting on.

banyon
10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
They can make islands appear and disappear with sleight of hand, but don't have a crash cart?

I'm not thinking that. I was thinking it was a natural phenomenon, like the peninsula is curled in such a way that the sea mist on the horizon obscures any view of where the two land masses would connect.

Adept Havelock
10-26-2006, 03:13 PM

From the preview, I think it was Ben's.

ChiefFan31
10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
From the preview, I think it was Ben's.

Yes, it was. Adding yet another interesting twist.

LOST rocks :rockon:

Adept Havelock
10-26-2006, 04:27 PM
I'm not thinking that. I was thinking it was a natural phenomenon, like the peninsula is curled in such a way that the sea mist on the horizon obscures any view of where the two land masses would connect.

I'm thinking they are two distinct islands, like Saipan and Tinian. Though it would be a good con if they actually are connected.

Guru
11-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Wow, this didn't get bumped today. Maybe it is finally killing itself.

cookster50
11-02-2006, 04:21 AM
I'm about ready to quit watching.

chagrin
11-02-2006, 05:14 AM
people still watch this?

Guru
11-02-2006, 05:17 AM
people still watch this?
For one more week anyway. The show goes on hiatus after next week until February.

chagrin
11-02-2006, 05:36 AM
and who was mr echo?

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 06:44 AM
They are getting back on track. Turning into survivors and hunters again. Lock's going to lead the charge to take them down. Domestication on an island sucks to watch.

Ari Chi3fs
11-02-2006, 06:46 AM
next week should be very entertaining. With Juliette wanting Jack to kill Ben on the Surgery table... things are starting to appear a bit devious.

I didnt like the two "new" castaways who appeared out of thin air. That was ghey.

NewChief
11-02-2006, 07:05 AM
I don't watch this show, but from what I've read and seen I have a question:

If you were an X-files fan, you will probably remember the last few years of that show. It has a feeling that things had really gotten away from the writers. There were so many unexplainables, loose ends, and plots twists that you knew that things would never be wrapped up. Is Lost getting to be like that?

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 07:13 AM
next week should be very entertaining. With Juliette wanting Jack to kill Ben on the Surgery table... things are starting to appear a bit devious.

I didnt like the two "new" castaways who appeared out of thin air. That was ghey.Where's the T&A? They killed off 2 good looking females. They got a fat dude, a bald dude, a wimp, a good looking woman but she has a small baby, Freckles is the only one left. You got to have more than one good looking babe that you can say..I'd hit it! And then it looks like she is going to be smart and the boyfriend an idiot? Opening up angles galore..

cadmonkey
11-02-2006, 07:21 AM
Where's the T&A? They killed off 2 good looking females.
They introduced a new hottie last night.....

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 07:28 AM
They introduced a new hottie last night.....

Frigging Red Sox fan ROFL You guys got to much hardware bling up there in beantown. What do you think I was talking about? The new babe they introduced.

The Big Lebowski
11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
We still have Sun and Claire. Who are both hotter than Kate.

BigRedChief
11-02-2006, 07:43 AM
We still have Sun and Claire. Who are both hotter than Kate. You don't want to be porking a babe if she has an infant and the baby is not at Grandmas. Sun is in love with hubby. You need some available sluts to tantalize.

The Big Lebowski
11-02-2006, 07:51 AM
point taken

BigOlChiefsfan
11-02-2006, 08:06 AM
You need some available sluts.

You been reading my mail?

Anyhoo, adios Mr. Echo. I tip my hat for your non-confession. I think his final words to Locke were 'Tell Smokey to kiss my ass. My pappy used to hit me harder than that'.

Fish
11-02-2006, 08:14 AM

I think it's a ruse to play with Jack's head more. I think Juliette is still working with Ben somehow, and she's faking the little rebellion thing. I have no idea why this would be the case, or how this would be an advantage to Ben.... but I just got that feeling...

Dartgod
11-02-2006, 08:31 AM
I think it's a ruse to play with Jack's head more. I think Juliette is still working with Ben somehow, and she's faking the little rebellion thing. I have no idea why this would be the case, or how this would be an advantage to Ben.... but I just got that feeling...
I agree. During the funeral scene, Ben asked Juliette why she let Jack see his x-rays. Jack was clearly within hearing distance and I believe they wanted Jack to hear this conversation, so he would think it is not a ruse.

Frazod
11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
That's three out of four major characters from the tail section who've been whacked. Bernard better watch his ass.

Chief Chief
11-02-2006, 08:45 AM
I think the writers added the thing about the x-rays so viewers would be curious as to how they would factor in with all the other characters and situations.

noa
11-02-2006, 08:58 AM
I have no idea how they are going to explain the swirling black evil stuff.

oldandslow
11-02-2006, 09:01 AM
That's three out of four major characters from the tail section who've been whacked. Bernard better watch his ass.

I read somewhere that Echo's actor got into trouble with the law. As did the earlier folks from the tail section that got whacked.

There is a moral out there somewhere...

cadmonkey
11-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Frigging Red Sox fan ROFL You guys got to much hardware bling up there in beantown. What do you think I was talking about? The new babe they introduced.

Damn, sorry. I didn't make it all the way through the second sentance where you basically say what i pointed out. maybe i should read things all the way through.

Kclee
11-02-2006, 09:28 AM
I think the writers added the thing about the x-rays so viewers would be curious as to how they would factor in with all the other characters and situations.

Well, Jack is either testing them or there was a mistake. The X-rays were of a L-spine (L-4 tumor). Jack asked him if his neck hurt and numbness/tingling down his arms. That would be C-spine. I am interested in where Jack will actually be doing the cutting, in the neck or lower back.

patteeu
11-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Damn, sorry. I didn't make it all the way through the second sentance where you basically say what i pointed out. maybe i should read things all the way through.

You wouldn't have to say sorry if you would only read things all the way through. Bet you didn't think of that, did you? :p

keg in kc
11-02-2006, 10:03 AM
What an utterly pointless episode and end to a character.

cadmonkey
11-02-2006, 10:24 AM
You wouldn't have to say sorry if you would only read things all the way through. Bet you didn't think of that, did you? :p

I'll bet I didn't think of that.

oh, wait :p

Chief Chief
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
I have no idea how they are going to explain the swirling black evil stuff.

I think the writers included that just to keep our curiousity up as to how it would directly apply to the characters and situations.

dr00d
11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm just pretty damn sure when they were down in the pearl originally, they were looking at a few different places, including the original hatch...why would they just 'forget' that they had seen that...

duncan_idaho
11-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Does anyone else think that maybe Juliet is the really evil one?

They showed discord between her and Ben before Jack, Sawyer and Kate ever showed up.

Remember Sawyer's comments about her during his escape attempt? When she had the gun to Kate's head? "Cold as ice" or something to that nature.

I think Ben might actually have somewhat decent intentions, but Juliet sees an opportunity to pull off a coup and take control without anyone knowing.

Dartgod
11-02-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm just pretty damn sure when they were down in the pearl originally, they were looking at a few different places, including the original hatch...why would they just 'forget' that they had seen that...
The only thing they saw the first time they were down there was their hatch and the orientation video.

dr00d
11-02-2006, 02:24 PM
The only thing they saw the first time they were down there was their hatch and the orientation video.

I'd have to go back and watch, but I thought there was another hatch somewhere that it was showing and that is where (forget name, wheelchair weed man) got the idea that there are stations all over the place. One would naturally infer that six screens means there is probably six hatches somewhere....

Dartgod
11-02-2006, 02:28 PM
I'd have to go back and watch, but I thought there was another hatch somewhere that it was showing and that is where (forget name, wheelchair weed man) got the idea that there are stations all over the place. One would naturally infer that six screens means there is probably six hatches somewhere....Right. But it was on the orientation video and the screens were only displaying the Dharma logo.

<A href="http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark424.jpg" target=_blank><A href="http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark424.jpg" target=_blank><A href="http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark424.jpg" target=_blank>http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark424.jpg (http://java script:;)

Also, when Locke and Eko were watching the video, the only screens that were diplaying anything were the middle (orientation video), upper right (their hatch) and upper left (static only).

<A href="http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark425.jpg" target=_blank><A href="http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark425.jpg" target=_blank>http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark425.jpg (http://java script:;)

Here's a great site that has Hi-Def screen captures of all the episodes.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/index.php

Frazod
11-02-2006, 02:30 PM

They showed discord between her and Ben before Jack, Sawyer and Kate ever showed up.

Remember Sawyer's comments about her during his escape attempt? When she had the gun to Kate's head? "Cold as ice" or something to that nature.

I think Ben might actually have somewhat decent intentions, but Juliet sees an opportunity to pull off a coup and take control without anyone knowing.

Hmm... interesting idea. Very plausible.

AZORChiefFan
11-02-2006, 02:38 PM

I've been thinking the same thing.

Chiefnj
11-02-2006, 02:40 PM
There is definately more to Juliet than meets the eye. I doubt she is just a fertility doc the way she's been able to punch Jack and get a gun on Kate.

Dartgod
11-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm with you guys. I don't trust her.

dr00d
11-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Right. But it was on the orientation video and the screens were only displaying the Dharma logo.

http://gallery.lost-media.com/albums/ep-caps/season2/2x21-qmark/5/normal_questionmark424.jpg (javascript:;)

I highly doubt that is even the same room....probably the control for spying on the spies or something... :)

on another note-why the crap did they just bring in these two new characters like this....there had to be a better way to include them, they seem completely out of synch with the others or something, especially the chick, she looks like hasn't been on the island for more than a day...all prettied up and crap.

duncan_idaho
11-02-2006, 02:44 PM
With so many twists and turns, you've got to expect another big one from Juliet.

I'm also still waiting for the Jack flashback episode that reveals he killed the man his wife left him for... just a hunch.

dr00d
11-02-2006, 02:49 PM
also--did we figure out where the eyepatch guy is? or who he is?

Chief Chief
11-03-2006, 04:25 AM
Here's the update on that eyepatch guy: The writers originally added him in just for filler, don't currently know where he is or who he is..just yet, but may bring him back in another episode just to keep you pondering in puzzlement. Which reminds me of a very important question...

How do you keep a moron in suspense??

Guru
11-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Here's the update on that eyepatch guy: The writers originally added him in just for filler, don't currently know where he is or who he is..just yet, but may bring him back in another episode just to keep you pondering in puzzlement. Which reminds me of a very important question...

How do you keep a moron in suspense??

cadmonkey
11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
By William Keck, USA TODAY

Last season, Lost's Mr. Eko (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) looked the island's mystical monster straight in the eye and lived to tell about it.

GET 'LOST': Discuss last night's episode in Pop Candy | Visit the Lost graveyard

Last night on the ABC drama, Eko wasn't so lucky the monster killed him.

With Eko's death, just one tail-section passenger is still around: Sam Anderson's Bernard. Last season, Michelle Rodriguez's Ana-Lucia and Cynthia Watros' Libby were shot by Michael (Harold Perrineau). With the departures of Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Perrineau and Malcolm David Kelley (Walt), there are no series regulars who are black.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje asked to be written off the series. After losing both parents last year, he wanted to return to his London home and work on a film he'll direct.

Elizabeth Mitchell, who plays Juliet, got to know him off the set. "We got along really well," she says. "He's about to direct his first movie about his life, which is an incredible story. He'll be missed."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-11-01-eko-lost_x.htm

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 10:19 AM
By William Keck, USA TODAY
Any relation to Mike?

Malcor
11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Any relation to Mike?
Mike Keck the biochemistry prof at ESU?

Dartgod
11-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Mike Keck the biochemistry prof at ESU?
No, Mike Keck the secret agent. Even Chuck Norris is afraid of him.

buddha
11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
First of all, Kate is the hotest babe on the show...always will be.

Second, I think the theories about Juliette have more truth to them than not. I don't know if Ben is one of the "good" guys or not in the grand scheme of things (it varies from episode to episode). I do think that there are other people pulling strings in the background.

It does bother me a bit that Jack doesn't ask any questions. Wouldn't you want to know what the hell is going on and try to piece things together?

What do the Others do when they aren't torturing/studying the survivors? Serious question. They certainly seem to have very little to do that doesn't involve our heros.

The evil black smoke is the biggest mystery left, IMO. There are plenty of things that aren't what they seem to be, but that is some nasty, shape-shifting, sentient smoke! If I were part of the Others, I'd want to live on another island too!

ChiefFan31
11-03-2006, 04:23 PM
I just remembered. On a related note. If anyone is interesting in seeing "Juliette" Lez out with Angelina Jolie, rent the movie Gia.

I was poking around the internet about that chick and realized she was the one opposite of Jolie in that Lez scene. What a sweetheart.

Chief Chief
11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Jack doesn't ask questions because in reality he's a social psychologist who's the mastermind behind this series which he created for the purpose of attaining his doctorate's degree.

noa
11-08-2006, 09:12 PM
As a fan of both Firefly and Lost, I was happy to see Nathan Fillion's cameo tonight.

KingPriest2
11-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Any thoughts>

TN_Chief
11-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Loved it, but I'm freakin' pissed at ABC. How the heck are they pulling off this "no Lost for 3 months" bullshit? That kind of gap/hiatus ruined Sopranos.

Basically I'm just ticked that I don't get to find out what happens until February.

KingPriest2
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
starts tonite

Buck
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
Hell yeah it does. I can't wait. Too bad I have to wait 3 hours longer than all of you to watch it.

Fish
02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
^

Guru
02-07-2007, 05:34 PM
THey better keep it at the pace they had it back in November. If they go back to that slow moving storyline crap like last year, I am out.

Frazod
02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Of course, they're leading in to the new episode with yet another f#cking recap.

YES, ASSHOLES, WE'VE BEEN WATCHING ALL ALONG. REALLY. 4321

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Of course, they're leading in to the new episode with yet another f#cking recap.

It's really the way to go... I watched the first and last episode of last "season", and didn't think I missed much while watching the finale. It's not like they're ever going to answer all the questions anyway.

Buck
02-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Who cares? Its just extra time to drink a couple more beers....or smoke a couple more bowls.

Frazod
02-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Who cares? Its just extra time to drink a couple more beers....or smoke a couple more bowls.

I've just about had it with this show. I've watched from the beginning, and I'm tired of the long hiatuses, the recaps, the reruns, and the endless flashbacks while an episode advances about 10 minutes in linear time. I've been jerked around about as much as I'm going to. It's supposed to be entertaining, not annoying.

Buck
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
I've just about had it with this show. I've watched from the beginning, and I'm tired of the long hiatuses, the recaps, the reruns, and the endless flashbacks while an episode advances about 10 minutes in linear time. I've been jerked around about as much as I'm going to. It's supposed to be entertaining, not annoying.

Dude, your what? An hour and a half away from 17 straight weeks? Give it a chance man. Even if you don't its just a TV show, no need to get heated over something as pity as a TV show.

Bearcat
02-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Dude, your what? An hour and a half away from 17 straight weeks? Give it a chance man. Even if you don't its just a TV show, no need to get heated over something as pity as a TV show.

It's almost like a full season or something ;)

I watch them in about 30 minutes on my DVR, so I don't waste much time with it, but it's still annoying to watch an entire episode and realize you really haven't watched much... much less sitting through 30 minutes of commercials, too.

Buck
02-07-2007, 07:40 PM
It's almost like a full season or something ;)

I watch them in about 30 minutes on my DVR, so I don't waste much time with it, but it's still annoying to watch an entire episode and realize you really haven't watched much... much less sitting through 30 minutes of commercials, too.

Well on all the dvds, the episodes are usually 42-44 minutes long, so Im guessing its more like 16-18 min of commercials.

El Jefe
02-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I dont like lost I think it is boring IMO.

Dartgod
02-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Is there anybody that didn't know that Juliette's ex was going to get hit by a bus?

shrek6849
02-07-2007, 09:09 PM

So? The show doesn't start until 10 eastern. What does it matter what is on at 9 eastern? No one is forcing you to watch a recap show.

VonneMarie
02-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Lost has really tanked. Stoopid story lines, annoying cast and ugly chicks.

Pull the plug already, ABC! :cuss:

shrek6849
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Lost has really tanked. Stoopid story lines, annoying cast and ugly chicks.

Pull the plug already, ABC! :cuss:

Julliet? Sorry, she's hot.

Guru
02-07-2007, 09:40 PM
This episode did nothing to make me think things are going to get better.

Frazod
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
I lost my signal at the end of the show. How did the show end? I missed the last 15 minutes or so. :grr:

Guru
02-07-2007, 10:23 PM
I lost my signal at the end of the show. How did the show end? I missed the last 15 minutes or so. :grr:
abc.com should be making it available to watch on their website. Don't want to post it on here in case it spoils it for others. Not that there is much to spoil.

Frazod
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
abc.com should be making it available to watch on their website. Don't want to post it on here in case it spoils it for others. Not that there is much to spoil.

Sounds lovely.

I have trouble picking up the ABC station in HD sometimes. Don't know why, since it broadcasts from the same place as the other network signals that I pick up with no problem. The last few minutes were completely garbled.

Guru
02-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Sounds lovely.

I have trouble picking up the ABC station in HD sometimes. Don't know why, since it broadcasts from the same place as the other network signals that I pick up with no problem. The last few minutes were completely garbled.

Here is the direct link...

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

Frazod
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Here is the direct link...

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

I saw that. The episode isn't available yet. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Thig Lyfe
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I loved this show from the beginning, but now I've lost almost all interest.

Frazod
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM
The last thing I saw clearly was that one guy who wanted to whack Sawyer getting whacked himself. That was long overdue.

Guru
02-07-2007, 10:40 PM
I loved this show from the beginning, but now I've lost almost all interest.
It is amazing that ABC is not picking up on this vibe either.

Silock
02-08-2007, 12:33 AM
WEAKEST SERIES RETURN EVER.

Seriously.

Buck
02-08-2007, 01:16 AM
It was a boring episode, however it revealed a lot about Juliet/Ben so I liked it.

Fruit Ninja
02-08-2007, 01:20 AM
I actually thought it was pretty decent show lastnight. Its no where near the first season though, but i will keep watching it. 24/Heroes is by far the best out there though.

Guru
02-08-2007, 01:24 AM
They haven't even touched on the other castaways.

cadmonkey
02-08-2007, 07:16 AM
As much as I would have liked them to answer a few more questions, I think they did a good job of explaining why the others are there. It will be good when all the cast aways are back together and all working as one again. It bothered me this whole time having them on the other island.

Nothing beats Kate running through the woods in a driving rain storm with no bra. NOTHING!!!!!!

BigRedChief
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Finally we get an answer who "the others" are. Scumbags making money off the suffering of others or behaving unethically.
Look for a war to get back Jack and deliver some righteous karma.

Chief Chief
02-08-2007, 07:42 AM
As much as I would have liked them to answer a few more questions, I think they did a good job of explaining why the others are there. It will be good when all the cast aways are back together and all working as one again. It bothered me this whole time having them on the other island.

Nothing beats Kate running through the woods in a driving rain storm with no bra. NOTHING!!!!!!

I beg to differ: Kate laying drunk and naked in my bed.

Chief Chief
02-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Finally we get an answer who "the others" are. Scumbags making money off the suffering of others or behaving unethically.
Look for a war to get back Jack and deliver some righteous karma.

YEAH, it's about damm time!! What took 'em so long to reveal who "those others" are??

cadmonkey
02-08-2007, 07:46 AM
I beg to differ: Kate laying drunk and naked in my bed.

Well obviously i would rather see her sitting on my face, but wet in jungle will be fine until then.

Baby Lee
02-08-2007, 08:26 AM

How in the hell do you work up anger over a recap. Does your cable co have some rule where you can't watch the new ep unless you watch the recap. Did they move the recap into the slot for the new ep and move the new ep to 2 am Saturday? What? Sad you missed out on solid block of 'Knights of Prosperity' and 'In Case of Emerency?'

BigRedChief
02-08-2007, 08:42 AM
OMFG!!1111!!!11!!
Charlie is dating Kate in real life.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/lostdeathpool

Charlie (Dominic Monaghan (http://tv.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=278880)) : His plotlines have been pretty limited, especially since the demise of Mr. Eko. He's also an audience fave, so there'd be some shock value, though the real-life romance between Monaghan and Evangeline Lilly (http://tv.msn.com/celebs/celeb.aspx?c=1209854) (Kate) might have producers thinking twice about alienating their leading lady.

Frazod
02-08-2007, 08:43 AM
How in the hell do you work up anger over a recap. Does your cable co have some rule where you can't watch the new ep unless you watch the recap. Did they move the recap into the slot for the new ep and move the new ep to 2 am Saturday? What? Sad you missed out on solid block of 'Knights of Prosperity' and 'In Case of Emerency?'

I'm sorry. Next time something annoys me, I'll seek your approval before I complain about it, you pompous prick.

Baby Lee
02-08-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm sorry. Next time something annoys me, I'll seek your approval before I complain about it, you pompous prick.
No, I can totally relate. I sat down to watch Lost last night at 6 pm, and the EFFING LOCAL NEWS was on!!! WTF!!
The studio heads need an ice pick to the brainpan for that move.

Bearcat
02-08-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought it was okay, even though I've always thought the flashbacks have held back the show. They are a good idea, but they tend to drag on too much.

Everyone going between the islands makes me understand how this can drag on forever... Kate and Sawyer leave, Jack still there... a few go back, a couple get trapped, another goes over, frees a couple, someone else goes over....

Chief Chief
02-08-2007, 01:08 PM
I thought it was okay, even though I've always thought the flashbacks have held back the show. They are a good idea, but they tend to drag on too much.

Everyone going between the islands makes me understand how this can drag on forever... Kate and Sawyer leave, Jack still there... a few go back, a couple get trapped, another goes over, frees a couple, someone else goes over....

The writers of the show have affectionately termed the above as: JOB SECURITY!!

They have another affectionate term for those who are hooked on watching this pointless and unending drama: SUCKERS!!

Baby Lee
02-08-2007, 01:18 PM
The writers of the show have affectionately termed the above as: JOB SECURITY!!

They have another affectionate term for those who are hooked on watching this pointless and unending drama: SUCKERS!!
Yes, that's why the Creator has announced that they're planning to wrap around 100 episodes (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=1&id=39550)

KcMizzou
02-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I thought this article was an interesting read on the show.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/television/240923,SHO-Sunday-elf04.article

If you suffer the delusion you will get resolutions from "Lost" before the end of the series, listen to Cuse: "If we started really giving answers about what is the nature of this island, what is the sort of innate underlying meaning of the numbers, those things are sort of series-ending questions."

So there you go, "Lost" fans. Have fun waiting, possibly until the year 2018, for writers to have the guts to end overall mysteries, then see if the character dramas are good enough to stand on their own. (They probably would be.)

buddha
02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
What's sad is even when Lost sucks, and it does from time to time, it's still better than 90% of the rest of the shows out there. What the creators don't get is that you can reveal things like what the numbers mean without killing the show. You simply introduce other mysteries along the way...it can work.

BigRedChief
02-08-2007, 03:27 PM
What the creators don't get is that you can reveal things like what the numbers mean without killing the show. You simply introduce other mysteries along the way...it can work.
Which is exactly why 24 works. They reveal stuff and move on

Buck
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
There was nothing wrong with last nights episode.

A few things that made it good.

1. We found the back story of an other for the first time
2. We now know how DHARMA recruits
3. We now know that Ben is in charge (if not the main boss, he is all of the others superior)
4. We now know that Ben can hold anyone prisoner
5. We now know that Ben is Alex's adoptive or biological father
6. We now know that Sawyer, Kate, and Karl (who should now become a more prominent character) will meet up with the castaways soon
7. Karl may have been brainwashed to sabatoge(sp?) the castaways
8. BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of those reasons made that a good episode in my opinion.

Bearcat
02-08-2007, 05:04 PM

All they're getting from me is 30-40 minutes of my time a week, and as stated, it's still better than most shows on tv :shrug:

chiefsfan987
02-08-2007, 07:27 PM

I actually don't think Ben is Alex's father, I think she just calls him that because he's all she's known since he stole her from the French chick all those years ago.

Chiefs_Fan
02-09-2007, 06:33 AM

A few things that made it good.

1. We found the back story of an other for the first time
2. We now know how DHARMA recruits
3. We now know that Ben is in charge (if not the main boss, he is all of the others superior)
4. We now know that Ben can hold anyone prisoner
6. We now know that Sawyer, Kate, and Karl (who should now become a more prominent character) will meet up with the castaways soon
7. Karl may have been brainwashed to sabatoge(sp?) the castaways
8. BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know that Ben is a tough SOB and still calls the shots even while opened up on an operating table.:(

Chiefnj
02-09-2007, 07:07 AM
If Julie was being held on the island against her will for 3 years why did she want to have Sawyer and Kate killed and prevent them from escaping? Why the blood lust from a fertility doctor?

Chief Chief
02-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Nobody knows...not even the writers...so don't ask...just keep watching...and wondering...and watching...and wondering...and watching...

Chiefs_Fan
02-09-2007, 07:24 AM
OMG, They are trying to breed a super human race to take over the world!

ChiefsFanatic
02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
Which is exactly why 24 works. They reveal stuff and move on

Not only do they reveal stuff, except for Jack, any character can die at any time. It really adds an element of unpredictability that makes it fun t watch.

Chiefs_Fan
02-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I'll just stir the pot a little.

Chronologically it takes a whole season for to advance one day on 24.

mcan
02-09-2007, 07:36 PM
If Julie was being held on the island against her will for 3 years why did she want to have Sawyer and Kate killed and prevent them from escaping? Why the blood lust from a fertility doctor?

I think it's pretty clear that she wants to get back home to her sister, and she needs to stay on the island and work as hard as she can to get permission to leave. She wanted Ben dead because the next in line (The fake beard guy) likes her and would probably let her leave. But, when Jack told everybody her plan to kill Ben, she had to cover her tracks by acting "tough nosed" and saying to kill (if necessary). It was lip-service. Once Ben offered to let her go home, she did everything she could (including killing someone herself) to let Kate and Sawyer get away. Remember, this show is VERY much a show about a Hobbsian or Locke type "state of nature" where everyone bonds together in order to survive, but will do the most horrible of things to get what they want. And according to the famous philosopher(s) they are within their rights to do so... Hence the "state of nature" ~ no government. No government means that you have an absolute right to everything and anything that you want to do, take, kill, love, worship, etc...

Guru
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
OMG, They are trying to breed a super human race to take over the world!
Why do I think this is not far off of the plot for some reason.

crazycoffey
02-10-2007, 03:15 AM
didn't watch lost much, thought you would like to know that.

Guru
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
It was better tonight.

Buck
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOO

ChiefFan31
02-15-2007, 02:31 AM
****, I forgot all about it. I have an episode on the DVR to watch.

Heroes fuggin rocks. I would rather watch that show these days :)

Buck
02-15-2007, 02:32 AM
****, I forgot all about it. I have an episode on the DVR to watch.

Heroes fuggin rocks. I would rather watch that show these days :)

Last nights episode of Lost was by far the best episode of Season 3.

ChiefFan31
02-15-2007, 03:29 AM

Agreed, I'm back in...that was a good one. Loved that ending. It had just been so long of a break....

Buck
02-15-2007, 03:36 AM
Agreed, I'm back in...that was a good one. Loved that ending. It had just been so long of a break....

Last weeks episode didnt excite me nearly as much as last nights did.

BigRedChief
02-15-2007, 07:02 AM
agree with the other comments. Good show. I'm tired of mystery after mystery and no resolution.
Previews promise more mystery's solved next week.

ct
02-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Great show last night!! I'd had enough of the Other island dominating every show. Time to mix it back up!

BTW, how sweet was the look on Charlie's face when Desmond tells him "You're gonna die." heh...

BigRedChief
02-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Great show last night!! I'd had enough of the Other island dominating every show. Time to mix it back up!

BTW, how sweet was the look on Charlie's face when Desmond tells him "You're gonna die." heh...
Freckles ain't gonna like having her real life squeeze bumped off the show.

ct
02-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Freckles ain't gonna like having her real life squeeze bumped off the show.

Perhaps the Producers are not too pleased with Freckles' public relationship with a Hobbit, while they work so hard to build the alpha-male smackdown to win the Lost babe.

Chiefs_Fan
02-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Awesome show, didn't get to watch it till last night.

Chiefs_Fan
02-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Perhaps the Producers are not too pleased with Freckles' public relationship with a Hobbit, while they work so hard to build the alpha-male smackdown to win the Lost babe.

ROFLDopper Hobbit

Dartgod
02-16-2007, 06:50 AM
I liked that episode, but something is bothering me.

Did Desmond really go back in time when he turned the fail-safe key in the hatch? Or is he really psychic?

If he really went back in time, then how can he know what will happen after the point in which he turned the key? Wouldn't he only know about events leading up to the point where he went back in time?

Chiefnj
02-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I liked that episode, but something is bothering me.

Did Desmond really go back in time when he turned the fail-safe key in the hatch? Or is he really psychic?

If he really went back in time, then how can he know what will happen after the point in which he turned the key? Wouldn't he only know about events leading up to the point where he went back in time?

IMO he did NOT go back in time. He was knocked out and was dreaming about his past and how he wishes the past was different (proposing to Penny), but pieces of the present (the island) kept popping into his dream about the past (coffee maker, paintings, etc.). I think the island influenced his dream a bit by telling him about fate and it doesn't matter what he does, etc. If he had really time travelled, you'd think Charley would have remembered him as the crazy guy that predicted it was going to rain. It was a neat episode, but once again, it didn't answer a damn thing - no explanation to how he can see glimpses into the future.

Chiefs_Fan
02-19-2007, 06:20 AM
I agree he didn't go back in time, but was dreaming.

Not sure about the seeing the future. Not sure why he woke up naked ether. I love the show, but everytime we get one question answerd two more pop up. What about Clare? If Desmond wouldn't have saved Clare and Charlie would have dove in, I guess Clare wouold have drowned to? Does that mean she is next in line to die?

Can't wait fo the next episode!

Bearcat
02-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I thought he was dreaming, but the end was confusing. He said he saved Charlie twice... he saved him, then he drowned... then on this trip back he saved him from drowning. So this is the third time on the island for him.

And the question has already been asked here, if the key triggers him going back, he wouldn't know what happens after that, so it has to be something else... will they ever say?

A while back Desmond left on his boat, then came back drunk saying he was "back on the damn island"... if leaving the island made him go back in time, he would have had to leave a second time (if this was his third time back). When he left on his boat, he seemed so eager to get off, with no sense of deja vu.... so none of it really makes much sense.

penguinz
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I thought he was dreaming, but the end was confusing. He said he saved Charlie twice... The first time was from the lighting strike. The second time was from drowning.

Bearcat
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM
The first time was from the lighting strike. The second time was from drowning.

That's right.. couldn't remember what it was the first time. It still means this is his 3rd time on the island. He was there and Charlie was struck by lightning. Came back, saved him from the lightning but he drowned. Came back and has saved him from lightning and drowning.

The previews said this week's is supposed to be another big episode... I doubt they'll come back to this so soon, but hopefully they don't just put it on the back burner with the other unanswered questions.

Thig Lyfe
02-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Agreed. Desmond is a good character.

Dartgod
02-19-2007, 11:22 AM
That's right.. couldn't remember what it was the first time. It still means this is his 3rd time on the island. He was there and Charlie was struck by lightning. Came back, saved him from the lightning but he drowned. Came back and has saved him from lightning and drowning.

The previews said this week's is supposed to be another big episode... I doubt they'll come back to this so soon, but hopefully they don't just put it on the back burner with the other unanswered questions.That still doesn't explain why he has knowledge of events that happened on the island AFTER he turned the key.

Chiefnj
02-19-2007, 11:30 AM
That still doesn't explain why he has knowledge of events that happened on the island AFTER he turned the key.

Correct. They didn't explain a damn thing; as usual.

Mr. Plow
02-19-2007, 12:06 PM
I thought he was dreaming, but the end was confusing. He said he saved Charlie twice... he saved him, then he drowned... then on this trip back he saved him from drowning. So this is the third time on the island for him.

And the question has already been asked here, if the key triggers him going back, he wouldn't know what happens after that, so it has to be something else... will they ever say?

A while back Desmond left on his boat, then came back drunk saying he was "back on the damn island"... if leaving the island made him go back in time, he would have had to leave a second time (if this was his third time back). When he left on his boat, he seemed so eager to get off, with no sense of deja vu.... so none of it really makes much sense.

Talk about not making much sense....

Bearcat
02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Talk about not making much sense....

Eh, it made sense in my head. That's what this show does to ya...

Psyko Tek
02-19-2007, 12:34 PM
the way I saw it was the explosion triggered his memory of being back in time

but the explosion sent him back in time

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrgh

Dartgod
02-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Last night's episode sucked. Possibly the worst yet.

Chiefnj
02-22-2007, 06:49 AM

I thought it was pretty good, except for Sawyer letting the kid go.

BigRedChief
02-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah but we still get to gaze upon Freckles for the majority of the hour so it's not a total loss.
http://www.lostlounge.tv/images/evangeline_lilly_katebeach.jpg
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/2235/2235.jpg

Dr. Van Halen
02-22-2007, 07:04 AM

That's interesting. My wife said it was the best episode of the season. I was a little disappointed, especially after last week's amazing episode -- but my wife continues to claim that this show is about character development, not action or mystery.

People seem to watch this show for very different reasons.

Dartgod
02-22-2007, 07:08 AM
I think the thing that bothered me the most was why Jack chased the other crash survivors away when they were outside his cage.

Wouldn't most normal people want to find out as much info as possible about what the Others were doing there? I just didn't get it.

BigRedChief
02-22-2007, 07:14 AM
I think the thing that bothered me the most was why Jack chased the other crash survivors away when they were outside his cage.

Wouldn't most normal people want to find out as much info as possible about what the Others were doing there? I just didn't get it.
Well I guess he was feeling like a zoo animal.

Chiefnj
02-22-2007, 07:15 AM
At least you learned a little bit. The flight attendant is fine and seems good in her new life, the kids were taken to be provided a better life than in camp, some people work on the small island but everyone lives on the big island, they have a full system of law and rules, they no longer have easy access to obtain surgeons or doctors to replace Ethan.

Frazod
02-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I missed last week so I watched the last week rerun with the new episode last night (TiVo delayed, of course). I think from now on I'll just skip a week between viewings deliberately - I find the show much less annoying that way, because it feels like I'm getting more progress of the linear story in a single viewing.

That said, the show seems to be getting better. I'm still a little confused about that whole ass-kicking-over-the-silly-tattoo-thing, though.

Buck
02-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah, why did Jack get his ass beat?

Bearcat
02-22-2007, 08:21 PM

I agree... even if Jack's story had much of a point, it was back to the type of flashbacks that drag down the show. Nothing really happened, but it sounds like we might get some action next week.

Guru
02-22-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree... even if Jack's story had much of a point, it was back to the type of flashbacks that drag down the show. Nothing really happened, but it sounds like we might get some action next week.

Key word here is SOUNDS.

Guru
03-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, they said they would give answers this week. They didn't provide a one.

Psyko Tek
03-01-2007, 06:21 AM
the only thing I got outtta this weeks episode is that the girl, Alex, is rosseau's kid

and Beer is good

cadmonkey
03-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Well, they said they would give answers this week. They didn't provide a one.

Sure they did, they answered the aged old question of weather or not Beer that is sitting in the jungle heat for years on end gets warm and skunky.......yup, it does.

cadmonkey
03-01-2007, 07:29 AM
....and did anyone else notice the name of the episode last night? "Trisha Takinawa is dead" Any Family Guy fans would notice the connection......the news channel on Family Guy always go to "Asian correspondant Trisha Takinawa"

Bearcat
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I think I'll go back to watching every 3rd or 4th episode... damn, now I'm convinced they are trying to lose viewers. At the very least they could have stumbled upon the homes at the end.

Buck
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi. Have to put in my input. I love Lost, it is my favorite show. Everyone talks shit about it, and I always have Lost's back.

However, last night was one of the shittiest pieces of shit I've ever seen.

Fairplay
03-01-2007, 07:04 PM
I officially stopped watching it after the hellaciously long break that they did.

Screw it. Way to many loose ends. I only watch about 3 shows i keep up with, i guess this series has "lost" it for me.

keg in kc
03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Damn, had to dig way, way back to find this...

Anyway, ABC announced today that they've picked up lost for a fourth season.

Last couple of weeks have been good, in any case.

Frazod
03-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Tonight's episode has been good. I always figured Locke's POS father had something to do with his wheelchair injury.

And I figure Locke's pretty much solidified his place at the top of Jack's shit list now. :D

Frazod
03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
And daddy dearest is hog-tied in Ben's basement. How cool is that? :D

Ari Chi3fs
03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
the series is getting real interesting the past couple 2-3 weeks. About time, cuz it was sucking there for awhile.

Silock
03-21-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't think Locke blew the sub up. I think he hid it somewhere. Why else would he be walking back up the dock soaking wet? He just strolled onto the sub from the dock to begin with, so it doesn't make sense that he was wet.

KcMizzou
03-21-2007, 09:20 PM
You bastards keep talking like this, and I'll have to catch up on DVD.

Ari Chi3fs
03-21-2007, 09:22 PM
That box thing got me thinking. Locke sees his dad in there, yes. But let's not forget that so many of the Losties have seen people/animals/things on the island, presumably Smokie's doing. So perhaps Smokie is IN that room in the form of Locke's dad.

although, I would assume that Lockes Dad is 'The Man from Tallahassee'

ChiefsFanatic
03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I missed last week so I watched the last week rerun with the new episode last night (TiVo delayed, of course). I think from now on I'll just skip a week between viewings deliberately - I find the show much less annoying that way, because it feels like I'm getting more progress of the linear story in a single viewing.

That said, the show seems to be getting better. I'm still a little confused about that whole ass-kicking-over-the-silly-tattoo-thing, though.

I recently went three weeks without viewing, then watched them on TiVo. It is a much better way to watch.

ChiefsFanatic
03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
That box thing got me thinking. Locke sees his dad in there, yes. But let's not forget that so many of the Losties have seen people/animals/things on the island, presumably Smokie's doing. So perhaps Smokie is IN that room in the form of Locke's dad.

although, I would assume that Lockes Dad is 'The Man from Tallahassee'

Maybe those things came out of the box as well.

Frazod
03-21-2007, 09:24 PM
I also wonder if we've seen the last of Michael and Walt. That leaving on the boat thing was just too easy.

noa
03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Pretty good episode tonight. I would hope you can't really fly through a glass window that easily.

Psyko Tek
03-21-2007, 11:23 PM
the way the everything interconnects
do you think locke's dad is "sawyer"

BigMeatballDave
03-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I officially stopped watching it after the hellaciously long break that they did.

Screw it. Way to many loose ends. I only watch about 3 shows i keep up with, i guess this series has "lost" it for me.I wasn't crazy about that break, either. But, it is nice to have 16 consecutive episodes without repeats.

BigMeatballDave
03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
If this show is ever cancelled, they better find a way to tie up all the loose ends. I will have to be committed, otherwise.

cookster50
03-22-2007, 09:49 AM
If this show is ever cancelled, they better find a way to tie up all the loose ends. I will have to be committed, either way.

FYP

duncan_idaho
03-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I also wonder if we've seen the last of Michael and Walt. That leaving on the boat thing was just too easy.

I've read that they still have plans for Walt within the show... the damn kid just was growing so fast, they had to take him off for a little while.

And re: Locke's dad... I have no doubt he's the "real" Sawyer. Which is pretty cool, I think.

BigMeatballDave
03-22-2007, 09:52 AM
FYP
:thumb:

Frazod
03-22-2007, 09:57 AM
And re: Locke's dad... I have no doubt he's the "real" Sawyer. Which is pretty cool, I think.

If the show goes on long enough, I think we'll eventually learn that they're all Kentucky cousins. :D

Mr. Plow
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
I don't think Locke blew the sub up. I think he hid it somewhere. Why else would he be walking back up the dock soaking wet? He just strolled onto the sub from the dock to begin with, so it doesn't make sense that he was wet.

Would make sense. I couldn't figure out why he was soaking wet on the dock.

But then again, can anyone figure anything out on this show?

Mile High Mania
03-22-2007, 10:17 AM
Good theories and stuff here...

http://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/lost/forum?start=0&forumID=17&byThread=true

keg in kc
03-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Just finished watching, that was a hell of an ep.

cadmonkey
03-22-2007, 11:06 AM
the way the everything interconnects
do you think locke's dad is "sawyer"

Without a doubt. I thought that the first time they showed Locke's dad as a con artist.

ct
03-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm also suspicious of Locke being wet, and also think he may not have blown up the sub at all.

Locke's Dad has gotta be 'the man from tallahassee', and have always thought he was the real 'Sawyer', and responsible for Locke being in the wheelchair.

Pretty good episode last night, but next week's previews look damn stupid. I'm losing interest quickly with this show.

cadmonkey
03-22-2007, 11:12 AM
a couple things from last night's episode.

The drink the Locke's dad was making before he tossed Locke out the window was the same whiskey that Desmond's girlfriend's father had in his office..........

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgILECMYxbI/AAAAAAAACmU/KwOINjTbVg8/s400/Maccutcheon.jpg

Also, the guy that uncuffed Locke in the closet at the end of the episode was the same guy that was recruiting Juliiet in Miami.......

http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgJvlyMYxjI/AAAAAAAACnY/OHOF0RlDk0Y/s400/alpert.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgJvmCMYxkI/AAAAAAAACng/HbWIZnmJRJ4/s400/alpert1.jpg

noa
03-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Has there ever been an episode where Sayid wasn't getting the crap kicked out of him, either in the flash back or the present time?

ct
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
a couple things from last night's episode.

The drink the Locke's dad was making before he tossed Locke out the window was the same whiskey that Desmond's girlfriend's father had in his office..........

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgILECMYxbI/AAAAAAAACmU/KwOINjTbVg8/s400/Maccutcheon.jpg

Also, the guy that uncuffed Locke in the closet at the end of the episode was the same guy that was recruiting Juliiet in Miami.......

http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgJvlyMYxjI/AAAAAAAACnY/OHOF0RlDk0Y/s400/alpert.jpg
http://bp0.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/RgJvmCMYxkI/AAAAAAAACng/HbWIZnmJRJ4/s400/alpert1.jpg

I recognized the creepy eyeliner dude, but didn't catch the whiskey.

Baby Lee
03-22-2007, 11:27 AM
I recognized the creepy eyeliner dude, but didn't catch the whiskey.
Yeah, ol' 'Lemon Legs' from Suddenly Susan.

ct
03-22-2007, 12:34 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20015692,00.html

From "lostpedia.com" site:
Anthony Cooper, Adam Seward" is anagram for "Sawyer, the con man, a poor dad".

My comment on the blog, the "box" is the mechanism that is Smokey the bandit. Whatever you want, it will be, e.g. Locke's father, Eko's brother, Jack's father, Hurley's imaginary friend, Kate's horse, Sawyer's boar, Walt's polar bear, etc etc etc.

KingPriest2
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Great show last night.

noa
03-29-2007, 10:39 AM
I liked last night's episode, too. It was cool how they played with what she whispered as she fell into paralysis. I immediately thought she said something about Paolo.

Frazod
03-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Great show last night.

Agreed. Especially for a filler episode, it was way cool.

Although I would have certainly KEPT THE F#CKING DIAMONDS. :spock: