View Full Version : Got brownies?

yunghungwell
10-12-2004, 07:37 AM
http://www.theiowachannel.com/education/3801184/detail.html

Students Caught With Pot Brownies
Ankeny Police Seize Marijuana Snacks From Teens

POSTED: 5:13 pm CDT October 11, 2004
UPDATED: 5:45 pm CDT October 11, 2004

ANKENY, Iowa -- Police are investigating an unusual drug case at Ankeny High School.

Ankeny High School

Marijuana is a drug most identified with smoking. But in this case, police said a student tried to conceal it in food.

Officials said that on Friday, an Ankeny High School employee saw something suspicious: two students exchanging money for a brownie.

The staff member confronted the two 16-year-olds, called in school administrators, and they called Ankeny police.

"The incident in the afternoon dealt with some marijuana-laced brownies, and there were two male students, I believe, involved in that," Lt. John Evers told KCCI's Geoff Greenwood.

Ankeny police confiscated the brownies and sent them to the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

Police want to know how much pot was baked into the brownies. They said they're not sure how the student they accuse of selling the brownies came across them.

"There's a lot of different sources on the Internet for many things, and while I haven't looked, I'm assuming that there probably is a recipe somewhere," Evers said.

Police said 20 2-inch squares were seized from a student.

"Locally, I haven't heard of anything like this for quite a while," Evers said.

Police charged both teens as juveniles. One teen was charged with possession with the intent to deliver marijuana and a tax stamp violation. The other teen faces a less serious possession charge.

The teen facing the more serious charge was taken to the county's juvenile hall.

Ankeny High School Principal Brenda Colby said the district could suspend or expel the students.

Crush
10-12-2004, 07:39 AM
I hate it when people mess with classic recipes.

HarryParatestes
10-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Hey man I need a fix...got a brownie? cookie?..anything man I need it..bad!

Brownie pot is SO Over-rated. I never could keep 'em lit.

CosmicPal
10-12-2004, 08:15 AM
They go good with electric kool-aid.

chief husker
10-12-2004, 09:02 AM
High school kids. Don't know shit. Marijuana makes them too chewy and tastes bad. Now hash, there's a brownie ingredient. So I hear. :hmmm:

KC Jones
10-12-2004, 09:09 AM
High school kids. Don't know shit. Marijuana makes them too chewy and tastes bad. Now hash, there's a brownie ingredient. So I hear. :hmmm:

Not that I would know, but I hear you wouldn't want to cook with buds. You want to release the THC in the buds using heat, and baking them directly in a batter isn't good enough. So, I'm thinking something like using a top loading coffee bean grinder to grind fully deseeded and destemmed buds into a fine powder, then putting the poweder in a cockpot with some butter and cooking it all day would be a good start. Then use the butter in any sort of recipe you might have (cookies, brownies, pound cake, etc.) Not that I would know anything about how to do this mind you.

Baby Lee
10-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Officials said that on Friday, an Ankeny High School employee saw something suspicious: two students exchanging money for a brownie.
Does no one watch 'The Wire?' Money guys and product guys stay separate and communicate with hand signals.

Saggysack
10-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Oh bejeezus dudes. Use a pressure cooker.

Scaga
10-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Not that I would know, but I hear you wouldn't want to cook with buds. You want to release the THC in the buds using heat, and baking them directly in a batter isn't good enough. So, I'm thinking something like using a top loading coffee bean grinder to grind fully deseeded and destemmed buds into a fine powder, then putting the poweder in a cockpot with some butter and cooking it all day would be a good start. Then use the butter in any sort of recipe you might have (cookies, brownies, pound cake, etc.) Not that I would know anything about how to do this mind you.

This has got to be one of the best posts on the planet in quite some time. :thumb: ROFL

MOM...is that you????

Garcia Bronco
10-12-2004, 10:23 AM
"Police charged both teens as juveniles. One teen was charged with possession with the intent to deliver marijuana and a tax stamp violation."

You gotta like that.....he's charged with not paying taxes on an illegal substance.

Skip Towne
10-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Put a kid in jail for pot possession? Ankeny is SOO last century.