PDA

View Full Version : Big game last monday, even bigger this week...

donkhater
10-12-2004, 02:27 PM
In addition to the Chiefs trying to climb out of the cellar, should they ultimately happen to do so, they need to start accumulating wins versus AFC teams--especially those teams that could be be in competition with them in the wild card hunt.

The win last week not only gave KC it's first win of the season, but if KC should rebound to be competitive this season, that particular win could be the difference in a playoff berth or sitting home.

The same scenario occurs this week. Must beat the Jags.

nmt1
10-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Dropping a division game hurt. The Texans are actually starting to look pretty good. Dropping that game might hurt worse than the Denver game.

donkhater
10-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Dropping a division game hurt. The Texans are actually starting to look pretty good. Dropping that game might hurt worse than the Denver game.
I don't think the Denver loss hurt much. It's difficult to go unbeaten in division play. Denver gets a big break early in the season. SD and KC at home and against a struggling Oakland team on the road. Meanwhile KC won't see another division foe until the last week in November. :hmmm:

Luzap
10-12-2004, 06:11 PM
This is the only good thing about our schedule... we have most of our division games in the second half.

We've all known that we would be a better team towards mid-season than we would at the beginning ~ especially on defense.

I was hoping to come out of the first eight games 4 - 4 (I didn't count on our offense not showing up until the fourth game). Obviousely that would be tuff to do now.

However, if we could go 3-1 over the next four games, we would face divisional opponents 5 of the last 8 games ~ we could catch up quickly with any lead they might hold over us. Also, the remaining Denver game would be at home.

In addition, the remaining non-division games would be against the Saints (away), the Patriots (home), and the Titans (away). Hopefully the Patriots will be running away with their division by then and we can take that game from them, but even if we drop one of these three, that would put us at 10 - 6 for the year with a very real chance of going to the playoffs.

I think the key this year is just getting into the playoffs. Unlike last year, the longer we play, the better our D gets.

Luz
not giving up on super bowl asperations...