Gaz
10-13-2004, 05:49 AM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2004/10/05/an_old_friend_returns/

xoxo~
Gaz
Glad to see the D get some good press.

Mile High Mania
10-13-2004, 05:56 AM
I was in awe at how well the Chiefs' defense played on MNF last week. Also, thanks to the defense keeping Lewis under 100 yards and just a TD, I won my fantasy game that week. Lewis was primed to destroy me ... but, I made a comment in regards to "if KC can hold him under 100 and only 1 score, I won't trash them their defense for the rest of the year".

So... I have to find other aspects of the team to trash.

Warrior5
10-13-2004, 06:07 AM
I made a comment in regards to "if KC can hold him under 100 and only 1 score, I won't trash them their defense for the rest of the year".

Well, Brad, please make a similar comment about the Chiefs STs this week; maybe that'll help them.

...likes "rock 'em, sock 'em, hit them in the mouth".

the Talking Can
10-13-2004, 06:22 AM
I was in awe at how well the Chiefs' defense played on MNF last week. Also, thanks to the defense keeping Lewis under 100 yards and just a TD, I won my fantasy game that week. Lewis was primed to destroy me ... but, I made a comment in regards to "if KC can hold him under 100 and only 1 score, I won't trash them their defense for the rest of the year".

special teams

headsnap
10-13-2004, 07:04 AM
does this man have no shame?

is he really this classless and deranged?

I can't believe what a hit piece on Greg Robinson he just wrote. ;)

KC Jones
10-13-2004, 07:31 AM
Heaven knows what the pundits will say and write in the aftermath of the Chiefs first victory of the season. But here’s what the headlines should read and what should be spoken of in light of the 27-24 decision over the Ravens:

“Defense Has Returned to the Chiefs”

Not quite, it should read "The Chiefs defense is capable of taking on a 1 dimensional running offense." I still think Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and any other decent QB we face is going to shred our secondary.

Crush
10-13-2004, 08:09 AM
"special" teams

bricks
10-13-2004, 08:19 AM
Not quite, it should read "The Chiefs defense is capable of taking on a 1 dimensional running offense." I still think Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and any other decent QB we face is going to shred our secondary.

who knows if that will happen. I sure hope not. I'm not riding the defense yet. Simply cause we haven't played a real good offense. If they can contain people like Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning, I'll be impressed. we all know people have a tough time doing that. But, I sure see Gunther blitzing like crazy when we play Indianapolis and New England.

KCTitus
10-13-2004, 08:25 AM
You dont blitz Manning or Brady like 'crazy'...that's when they burn you the most.

Lzen
10-13-2004, 08:26 AM

I would say the defense did a pretty good job against the Texans. They are the #7 offense in the NFL, btw. ;) Besides, if Knobinson was still here, we wouldn't have been able to shut down anything. :shake:

Crush
10-13-2004, 08:26 AM
The Faiduhs blitzed like crazy and look where that got them.

Rausch
10-13-2004, 08:39 AM
"Baby steps...Baby steps..."

http://www.dynamicdvd.co.uk/photos/baby_first_steps.jpg

bricks
10-13-2004, 08:43 AM
You dont blitz Manning or Brady like 'crazy'...that's when they burn you the most.

Well, then how do you beat them? You gotta hit them. :shrug: I remember when we hired Gun back here as our def-co, I recall him saying something like, "how do you stop Peyton Manning? Well, if you watched the NE game, they were hitting him. If you don't hit the guy, he's gonna nail you." So that means someway, somehow, for sure when we play the Colts, I'm sure it'll be on Gun's game plan to hit Peyton Manning. Whether he blitzes or does something else who knows? I think he intends to get in Peyton's face when we play the Colts.

bricks
10-13-2004, 08:46 AM
The Faiduhs blitzed like crazy and look where that got them.

they almost made it a ball game. Till late in the 4th quarter. Indy just blew it up. I think the Colts are beatable, they will be exposed one day. As for NE, I'm just wondering when they'll lose a game.

Rausch
10-13-2004, 08:47 AM

It's a catch 22.

If you give Prayton 4 or 5 seconds to find a WR he will. Damned near every time.

If you blitz a safety or corner one of those Colts WR's is going to find a seam or beat his man in coverage. They've all got pretty good speed and get down the field.

He get's rid of the ball quick, so if you blitz it has to a blitz where you've taken a good look at their blocking scheme and you send a guy who comes after the passer unblocked.

Odds are that's a corner or safety, and there's your Catch 22. You do that too much and sooner or later Manning sends a guy deep on a safety/LB and gets 6 pts.

milkman
10-13-2004, 08:50 AM
they almost made it a ball game. Till late in the 4th quarter. Indy just blew it up. I think the Colts are beatable, they will be exposed one day. As for NE, I'm just wondering when they'll lose a game.

Nov. 22!

bricks
10-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Nov. 22!

ROFL I like your way of thinking. It would be nice knowing that the Chiefs are the first team in a while to defeat the undefeated Pats.

bricks
10-13-2004, 08:57 AM
Don't we have a Pats fan on the Planet? :hmmm:

nmt1
10-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Well, then how do you beat them? You gotta hit them. :shrug: I remember when we hired Gun back here as our def-co, I recall him saying something like, "how do you stop Peyton Manning? Well, if you watched the NE game, they were hitting him. If you don't hit the guy, he's gonna nail you." So that means someway, somehow, for sure when we play the Colts, I'm sure it'll be on Gun's game plan to hit Peyton Manning. Whether he blitzes or does something else who knows? I think he intends to get in Peyton's face when we play the Colts.

I don't care what Gunther said about it. To beat the Colts, the Patriots used holding, illegal contact, and PI. The Chiefs would not be able to use that formula because we do not get away with it.

KC Jones
10-13-2004, 09:21 AM

NE has a secondary that can cover. They did a great job of hitting the WRs at the LOS (and then riding them throughout their routes). Even if the rule emphasis hadn't changed, the Chiefs don't have the CBs that can do a good job with the bump or the safeties that can catch up to or cover a fast WR.

bricks
10-13-2004, 09:49 AM
NE has a secondary that can cover. They did a great job of hitting the WRs at the LOS (and then riding them throughout their routes). Even if the rule emphasis hadn't changed, the Chiefs don't have the CBs that can do a good job with the bump or the safeties that can catch up to or cover a fast WR.

Well, I may sound a bit ridiculus, but, what the heck, why not make a trade for a good cover corner? Ala Madison, Surtain. I want us to beat the Colts, just like I'm sure all you do. We have a stud corner in Warfield. we need another corner, cause Dex ain't gonna get it done. the Colts have 3 or 4 wr's studs. Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Pollard, D. Clark. I simply don't see our unit, Warfield, McCleon, Bartee, and Battle getting it done. With a secondary line up like this, maybe:

-Warfield, Madison, McCleon, Bartee or
-Warfield, Surtain, McCleon, Bartee

*If the Donks can get Bailey, and Lynch to help out there defense, which they have ideally, to a great degree, and to also beat teams like the Colts. Then why can't we? Isn't beating the good teams what it's all about? :shrug: