PDA

View Full Version : No Lima time in KC

Predarat
10-13-2004, 01:01 PM
I was really dissappoited when the Royals did not re sign Jose Lima. That dissapointment grew as I watched a pitching staff the needed about 10 runs a game for run support in order to win a game. I was happy for Him Saturday as I watched him mow down the Cards, but it made me wish he was back in KC. It may not have made much a difference, only 1 pitcher when the need 2-3.

Crush
10-13-2004, 09:23 PM
The Royals didn't resign alot of players over the years. Nothing's new.

tk13
10-14-2004, 04:53 AM
Actually the Royals offered him a contract, and Lima turned it down thinking he'd make it big in free agency. That didn't happen, so he had to settle for a minor league contract with the Dodgers. Obviously he was able to pitch his way onto the big league roster... but really I guess the Royals offered him more than anybody, it just didn't work out.

Crush
10-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Actually the Royals offered him a contract, and Lima turned it down thinking he'd make it big in free agency. That didn't happen, so he had to settle for a minor league contract with the Dodgers. Obviously he was able to pitch his way onto the big league roster... but really I guess the Royals offered him more than anybody, it just didn't work out.

That sucks. Things never work out for us.