PDA

View Full Version : Our very own Brandon Lloyd

Molitoth
10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396021

Played against him in high school at Blue Springs South.

He had some excellent catches last year at the end of the season for the 49'ers and already this year has been mentioned right out of Bermans mouth for some more excellent catches. Watch this kid, up and coming all star IMO. Too bad the chiefs didnt pick him up on some local scouting.

Anyone else been keeping thier eye on him?

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/playerinfo.asp?TeamRosterID=224

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
I wish him alot of luck went to school with him and ladell betts, both awesome players. I remember when lloyd was a QB at first there like his brother.

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Could have had him instead of Brett Williams.

Molitoth
10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
When we played him (Central St. joseph) He played..

Quarterback
Reciever
Cornerback
Punt/kickoff returner
Punter/kicker.

I remember one kickoff he kicked stright through the uprights. They shoulda just gave him 3 points anyway, even though he was kicking off. Amazing athlete.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 04:34 PM

Quarterback
Reciever
Cornerback
Punt/kickoff returner
Punter/kicker.

I remember one kickoff he kicked stright through the uprights. They shoulda just gave him 3 points anyway, even though he was kicking off. Amazing athlete.
It always seemed the star player did multiple positions, i remember his brother punted as well and ladell punted, played rb, and returned kicks.

ChiefsCountry
10-13-2004, 04:43 PM

Quarterback
Reciever
Cornerback
Punt/kickoff returner
Punter/kicker.

Did you ever see Mike Rucker play at Central?

PastorMikH
10-13-2004, 04:46 PM

Quarterback
Reciever

Wow! He could throw the ball and catch it too!

You hear that you nameless ex-Chief QB? A kid in HS could throw the ball and catch it too so there's goes your excuse.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 04:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396021

Played against him in high school at Blue Springs South.

He had some excellent catches last year at the end of the season for the 49'ers and already this year has been mentioned right out of Bermans mouth for some more excellent catches. Watch this kid, up and coming all star IMO. Too bad the chiefs didnt pick him up on some local scouting.

Anyone else been keeping thier eye on him?

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/playerinfo.asp?TeamRosterID=224

He went to Blue Springs

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
High School: Won Missouri state championship in both the high jump and 110m hurdles as a senior ... Also won state in high jump as a sophomore ... All-State selection in both track and football ... Played cornerback, wide receiver, kicker, and punter for Blue Springs in football.

Personal: Son of James and Shirley Lloyd ... Intends on majoring in broadcast journalism with future goal of being an anchor on ESPN ... Lloyd is also a wide receiver on the Fighting Illini football team ... Lists Dallas Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders, who also ran track and played football in college, as his favorite athlete.

Personal Bests: Indoors: HJ: 6-9 (2.06m) ... 55m H: 7.44 Outdoors: HJ: 7-1 (2.16m) ... LJ: 25-0 1/2 (7.63m) ... 110m H: 14.07m

My brother was a coach on the Blue Springs team when he ran track

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 04:50 PM
He went to Blue Springs
Nevermind.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Posted on Sun, Aug. 10, 2003

Lloyd TD catch sparks Niners' win over Chiefs

By RANDY COVITZ

The Kansas City Star

Former Blue Springs High School star Brandon Lloyd made his NFL debut one to remember.

Lloyd, a rookie wide receiver who grew up just a few miles from Arrowhead Stadium, caught a 39-yard touchdown pass the only time he touched the ball, sparking San Francisco's 24-6 preseason victory over the Chiefs on Saturday night.

With a delegation of family members and friends watching from the stands, Lloyd ran a go route past Chiefs cornerback William Bartee, hauled in Tim Rattay's pass inside the 5 and punctuated the play by plunging into the end zone, giving the 49ers a 7-3 lead in the second quarter.

"That was just a little flair," Lloyd said of his end-zone plunge. "I had to put a little something on the top. It's big just to have my whole family here and to have my first catch.

"I'm just blessed to have my first NFL touchdown catch at home. I'm just really happy to be in this situation."

The hardest part about the day was the interminable wait until game time.

"I was waiting for them to take out Tai Streets," said Lloyd, a fourth-round draft pick from the University of Illinois. "I didn't want to make it more than what it was. It's a game. It's a game I've been playing since I was little. It just so happened to be in my hometown. I didn't want to be so caught up in the moment that I would be messing up on my technique.

"I just wanted to make something happen, and I got the ball in my hands."

Lloyd, who is playing behind veterans Streets, Terrell Owens and Cedric Wilson, is the prime candidate to fill the vacancy created by the departure of J.J. Stokes, who is now with Jacksonville.

"Brandon is having an extremely good camp," said San Francisco coach Dennis Erickson, who had a hard time restraining his enthusiasm for Lloyd. "I'm very, very, very, very, very impressed with him. He's going to make the football team."

Rattay, starting for the injured Jeff Garcia, looked for Lloyd, a 6-foot, 184-pound target, as soon as the 49ers second-unit receivers entered the game.

"He made a really good move inside, got back outside and beat the guy downfield," Rattay said. "He's been doing great ever since minicamp when he came in. He's made an instant impact. He's got size, he's really smooth in his routes, he's got good speed and he's been making plays all camp."

Two other wide receivers with local ties were in uniform for the 49ers on Saturday night -- Arland Bruce, a former standout at Olathe North who spent part of the 2000 season on the Chiefs practice squad, and former Kansas State wide receiver Aaron Lockett.

Bruce, battling to win the starting kick-return job with the 49ers, was the first to touch the ball on Saturday night when he returned two kickoffs for 51 yards. Jimmy Williams, the 49ers' top kickoff return man last year, is not performing those duties this season because he's coming off a knee injury that ended his season with three games remaining in 2002.

Bruce was so eager to prove himself, he yanked the second kickoff from the arms of teammate Jamal Robertson and returned it 32 yards, setting up the series in which Lloyd scored.

Lloyd likes having some Kansas City comrades so far away from home.

"I told Arland, the first day I got there, `Man, I used to watch you when I was in high school,' and he said the same thing," Lloyd said. "It's good to see a familiar face, someone who knows about Gates and knows the city as a whole."

Bruce, who played collegiately at Minnesota, spent the last two seasons with Winnipeg of the Canadian Football League, where he caught 114 passes for 1,846 yards and 19 touchdowns.

Lockett was drafted in the seventh round by Tampa Bay in 2002. He was cut by the Buccaneers but spent most of last season on the 49ers practice squad.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 04:52 PM
Nevermind.

What?

He said Brandon played at South

Played against him in high school at Blue Springs South

And the guy who posted played here.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 04:57 PM
What?

He said Brandon played at South

Played against him in high school at Blue Springs South

And the guy who posted played here.

Yeah i am confused as well.

I was going to quote that he played against lloyd while at BSS(but then got confused cause of the central st thing), hence the nevermind.

I know he went to bshs

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah i am confused as well.

I was going to quote that he played against lloyd while at BSS(but then got confused cause of the central st thing), hence the nevermind.

I know he went to bshs

I can't rem when did you graduate from there? I was in 91 My brother taught ninth grade science from 94 to 2000? His room was on the 2nd floor of Reynolds in the ne corner. He coached cross country and track.

Rain Man
10-13-2004, 06:12 PM
My brother was a coach on the Blue Springs team when he ran track

So apparently the announcers are wrong. You CAN coach speed.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 06:12 PM
I can't rem when did you graduate from there? I was in 91 My brother taught ninth grade science from 94 to 2000? His room was on the 2nd floor of Reynolds in the ne corner. He coached cross country and track.
97, your brother's name kevin?

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 06:16 PM
97, your brother's name kevin?

yeah

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 06:22 PM
He was one of my favorite teachers, see him time to time. He is a principal or something now, right?

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 06:26 PM
He was one of my favorite teachers, see him time to time. He is a principal or something now, right?

Asst principal at Moreland Ridge Married 2 kids one on the way.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 06:33 PM
You need to tell him we gave each other negative rep sometime lol! Congrats to him, thats real cool!

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Check your rep.

Yeah he has a house in Oak Ridge? near Lakewood. He plays golf quite a bit. He likes it where he is at (Moreland Ridge).

I know for one thing he had alot of students like him. I wonder what he conned them with? na but what was it why they like him quite a bit?

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Check your rep.

Yeah he has a house in Oak Ridge? near Lakewood. He plays golf quite a bit. He likes it where he is at (Moreland Ridge).

I know for one thing he had alot of students like him. I wonder what he conned them with? na but what was it why they like him quite a bit?
lol i don't know, he seemed to keep it simple and i felt comfortable in class. Pretty down to earth and didn't use big ass words and treated everyone pretty fair as long as they did the same with him. Plus he had a cool grover doll or whatever it was on his chalkboard. :thumb:

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 06:57 PM
lol i don't know, he seemed to keep it simple and i felt comfortable in class. Pretty down to earth and didn't use big ass words and treated everyone pretty fair as long as they did the same with him. Plus he had a cool grover doll or whatever it was on his chalkboard. :thumb:

Oh yeah the grover doll. That is a thing with us. When I got married and it was time to get the garter off her Oh what was on the garter, a grover head. :) I was suprised to see that. Whenever I introduce myself to potential new clients or realtors I try to bring up grover to lighten up the mood.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 07:06 PM
lol, that's awesome right there!:)

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 07:26 PM
My wife gets embarrassed whenever I bring up grover. I think it is pretty cool Not to many people can do it.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2004, 08:19 PM
haha that is pretty cool!

Well i think we've hijacked this thread enough. check ya later!
http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Palace/3382/images/gswave.gif

Molitoth
10-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Blue Springs I meant, not south. =)

Molitoth
10-14-2004, 10:11 AM
Wow! He could throw the ball and catch it too!

You hear that you nameless ex-Chief QB? A kid in HS could throw the ball and catch it too so there's goes your excuse.

No, he was brought in for special plays as quarterback, he did not throw the ball to himself....