PDA

View Full Version : Go Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralphy Boy
10-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Cards 10 to Houston 4 in the top of the 7th with the Cards scoring 6 runs in the 6th.

Jimmy Edmonds with 3 RBI's in the 6th.

Bowser
10-13-2004, 08:46 PM
REMEMBER '85!!!!!!!!!!

VonneMarie
10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
REMEMBER '85!!!!!!!!!!
Yes!

Ralphy Boy
10-13-2004, 08:57 PM
REMEMBER '85!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately for many of the KC fans it's all they have to remember.

For us Cards fans it is a distant memory.

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:01 PM

Man... 82 must be completely forgotten by now then.

tk13
10-13-2004, 09:02 PM

Distant memory? You mean like your last World Series title in 82?....

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Distant memory? You mean like your last World Series title in 82?....
I win. :D

tk13
10-13-2004, 09:04 PM
I win. :D
I think we all win.

BigRedChief
10-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Ralphy Boy just let it go...trust me...:thumb:

They kicked our butts fair and square in 85. Let them thump their chests. They earned it. We blew the series. Just remember we have 9 World Series titles they have 1. It was against us. 24 years ago. let it go.

tk13
10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Ralphy Boy just let it go...trust me...:thumb:

They kicked our butts fair and square in 85. Let them thump their chests. They earned it. We blew the series. Just remember we have 9 World Series titles they have 1. It was against us. 24 years ago. let it go.
I think you're the only one who won't shut up about it.

That said, the Cards have won the same # of titles as the Royals have since the Royals came into the league. Maybe if the Royals had been around for 100 years, things would be different. It's apples and oranges.

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
Doesn't hurt having a few decades head start.

Since the Royals have existed, both teams have 1 WS title.

tk13
10-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Doesn't hurt having a few decades head start.

Since the Royals have existed, both teams have 1 WS title.
Haha, I win. :D

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:13 PM
Haha, I win. :D
I think we all win. :D

ArrowheadChief
10-13-2004, 09:14 PM
I'd like to see the Cards make to the WS. Atleast one of the Missouri teams have a chance.

BigRedChief
10-13-2004, 09:21 PM
I think we all win. :D

The Royals won. Deserved it. Kicked the cards butt. Only Missouri team to have a World Campionship in the last 24 years. After being up here for the last 12 years after moving from Springfield I tell all the Cardinal fans that start talking about a blown call or have the superior attitude that the Royal fans are just as knowledgable and passionate about their team as the Cardinal fans. :thumb:

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:26 PM
One thing I can say for ya, BRC... at least you're not one of those "it's Denkinger's fault" jerkoffs. I like your subset of Cardinals fans infinitely more than the other.

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Of course... if I have to listen to much more of the announcers fellating St. Louis fans... I may be ill.

BigRedChief
10-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Of course... if I have to listen to much more of the announcers fellating St. Louis fans... I may be ill.

It's the history that does it. Expectations. You wear red. You keep score at the game. You know who the middle reliever is. You talk about the team at the office, in the mall, at the grocery store and not just when they are winning. It's the same way down in Springfield. but as I said I see some of these same things in Royals fans.

ENDelt260
10-13-2004, 09:38 PM
I see some of these same things in Royals fans.

The main thing that gets me is the wearing red stuff. I don't think you see that with the Royals (granted, the Royals haven't been so lately, but..) I mean, Chiefs games... everyone's out in red. Seems like the Cardinals are the only baseball team I see where the whole crowd is dressed in team colors (or... maybe, they're just the only ones I notice).

As for the other stuff... that exists with any team's fans to varying degrees. It'd be like saying Chiefs fans are the only ones who can name their offensive linemen or second string linebackers.

BigRedChief
10-13-2004, 09:41 PM
The main thing that gets me is the wearing red stuff. I don't think you see that with the Royals (granted, the Royals haven't been so lately, but..) I mean, Chiefs games... everyone's out in red. Seems like the Cardinals are the only baseball team I see where the whole crowd is dressed in team colors (or... maybe, they're just the only ones I notice).

It's been that way since before the 80's and Whitey ball. I remember going up for a game in the late 70's and having to get a Cardinals shirt to wear so I wouldn't stand out. I think they were the first teams fans to wear the team colors. But I don't know exactly when it started.

BigRedChief
10-13-2004, 09:50 PM
One thing I can say for ya, BRC... at least you're not one of those "it's Denkinger's fault" jerkoffs. I like your subset of Cardinals fans infinitely more than the other.

I've been saying since the 6th game that a call at first didn't cost us the series. I said what about Jack Clark dropping an easy fly ball? I think we lost the series when we lost our Whitey Ball sparkplug Vince Coleman to the tarp rolling up on his ankle. but we still had game 7. Our best pitcher going and we got smoked.