PDA

View Full Version : I think the Chiefs need a CB, LB, WR, DE, FB, QBotF in that order, in the next draft.

John_Wayne
10-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Agree?

HolmeZz
10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
No. What fullback is more important than our supposed QBoTF that you're going to draft in the 5th round?. I also think we need a WR more than a linebacker, but it all depends on what we do in the off-season.

J Diddy
10-13-2004, 09:09 PM
No. IMO You'd have to be a moron to take a fullback before you draft what you consider to be our "quarterback of the future".

not necessarily considering the qb of the present is like a 10th round draft pick

Skip Towne
10-13-2004, 09:09 PM
FB? We only have 3 of them. I guess it's true you can never have enough FB's.

|Zach|
10-13-2004, 09:10 PM
The more I study it the more I think the draft seems to be a crapshoot.

CanadaKC
10-13-2004, 09:24 PM
The more I study it the more I think the draft seems to be a crapshoot Agreed. CB Ahmad "Batman" Carroll almost singlehandely cost the Packers the dismal loss in Green Bay Monday Night...and he was a highly touted first rounder. The moto is...never play rookies until they're ready...but we'll see.

ChiefsFanatik88
10-13-2004, 09:50 PM
We don't need a DE. We have enough players for that role right now.

We do need CB, LB, and WR.

Mr. Laz
10-13-2004, 10:46 PM
We don't need a DE. We have enough players for that role right now.

We do need CB, LB, and WR.

yes, we have lots of DE's

too bad they all suck

Phobia
10-13-2004, 10:58 PM
WR, LB, WR, LB, WR, LB, WR, LB

the Talking Can
10-13-2004, 11:02 PM
we only need a WR, CB, MLB, DE, OT, and QB....no problem

Tribal Warfare
10-14-2004, 04:37 AM
WR, LB, WR, LB, WR, LB, WR, LB

I concur, and a new GM

whoman69
10-14-2004, 06:16 AM
We haven't even made the playoffs and you're worried about the draft?

KCTitus
10-14-2004, 06:42 AM
not necessarily considering the qb of the present is like a 10th round draft pick

Close. 8th...

Tom Brady is a 6th, btw.

KCTitus
10-14-2004, 06:42 AM
FB? We only have 3 of them. I guess it's true you can never have enough FB's.

:thumb:

Iowanian
10-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Brees is going to be a FA, and I could see him improving under a QB coach not named Schottenheimer.................He'll probably want to start though............ The Seahawks have a pretty decent MLB that is scheduled to be a FA after the season...........Miami is going to have to make some major changes in the offseason....Surtain or Madison could come available.

I think the Chiefs have found a DE in Allen, and I look forward to seeing him next year, with about 10-15lbs of added muscle. Wilkerson still has potential but hasn't stood out yet. I want a replacement for Holiday next season for sure.

As much as no one wants to hear it, Oline is aging and the Chiefs have to look for a serious replacement candidate for Roaf and possibly Shields.

WR is definitely a need that should be addressed.........a legitimate #1 WR makes this offense unstoppable.

Add me to the FB camp too............Wilson will take some of that with the H-back(thanks for teaching me Packfan)...........but you can never have too many blocking FBs.

bricks
10-14-2004, 09:20 AM
yes, we have lots of DE's

too bad they all suck

I don't think they all suck. well, ok here's my opinion:

-DE Vonnie Holliday(sucks so bad, Vonnie "why don't you go take a" Holliday?)

-DE Eric Hicks(very very average)

-DE John Browning(average, at least he tries harder than all the other guys, not exactly the smartest player though)

-DE Gary Stills(nothing but a reserve end, a speed edge rusher, who has the capabilities of pressuring and sacking the QB. Only good for special teams and
passing downs, still not a bad player, servicable)

-DE Jimmy Wilkerson(haven't seen enough of him, all I know is, he didn't get faked out when teams tried to run the bootleg on us. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to play him against the Broncos?)

-DE Jared Allen(Ok, this is the guy I like. We could possibly have a future with this kid. I'm not setting my hopes up too high yet. But, honestly, every time we put him in there, he's busting his tail and give O-lineman some fits. He hasn't even played 20 snaps in a game yet. He has a sack to show for, it's just too bad he got hurt. I woulda like to see him play in the Ravens game. But, he is playing this week :) )

*Call me crazy, but, I'm on the Jared Allen bandwagon. I say we start JARED ALLEN! And yeah we could draft another DE, why not.

Nightfyre
10-14-2004, 09:24 AM
The future looks grim... We have an aging team (granted we're not the faiders.)

Shields, Roaf, Green, Richardson, Holmes, and Woods are all closing on retirement. (Thats 5 probowlers...) At least we still have Weigman and Waters. Welbourn is starting to click as well. WR is a dismal position for us without any retirements. Horn has caught my eye though. Let's not even get into the defense. Our LBs are coming around, but our Dline is shit, and our coverage team needs to come of age soon, preferably before Woods and Mcleon retire. I dunno, I don't like it. We have to pick up some young prospects or face another few losing seasons. (Hopefully this season wont continue to be a losing one...)

John_Wayne
10-14-2004, 10:03 AM
It's obvious that we need a WR and CB. Those two positions are our greatest priority. I say we need a FB because Tony R isn't getting younger and we have no one to back him up or take his place. We need a QBotF but I don't place great importance on it in the draft because I'd rather get a QB from FA. I think the draft is too risky for QBs. Another problem area is LB and DE. Our LBs are below average with not much talent coming up from the depth chart. Our DEs are average at best with a couple of prospects on the depth chart. We also need O-line depth.