PDA

View Full Version : Biggest lie of the night?

the Talking Can
10-13-2004, 11:01 PM
what was, in your opinion, the most outrageous lie of the evening?

for me it was easy....

fact checking (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/13/factcheck/index.html)

Claim: Bush said he never said he wasn't worried about Osama bin Laden.

CNN Fact Check: Bush said at a March 13, 2002, press conference that he was "truly not that concerned about" Osama bin Laden. His comment was part of a response to this question from CNN's Kelly Wallace: "Don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?"

Bush's response: "Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. ... And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban. But once we set out the policy and started executing the plan, he became -- we shoved him out more and more on the margins."

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 11:32 PM
For the third time you never answered my question.

Tell me something why does Kerry say he has a plan but yet never says what it is.

HolmeZz
10-13-2004, 11:40 PM

Tell me something why does Kerry say he has a plan but yet never says what it is.

Stay on topic.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Stay on topic.

He is not answering the question.

HolmeZz
10-13-2004, 11:44 PM
You already made a topic asking what John Kerry's plan is. This isn't that topic.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 11:46 PM
You already made a topic asking what John Kerry's plan is. This isn't that topic.

Well he is not answering is he?

HolmeZz
10-13-2004, 11:48 PM
Then PM him. :p

You don't need to ruin a topic.

Joe Seahawk
10-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Nice try Can, but I doubt you'll find many poeople regardless of their political leanings to actually believe Bush doesn't care about Bin Laden.. Please..

HolmeZz
10-13-2004, 11:51 PM
The point was that Bush denied ever saying it tonight, which apparently is a lie.

KingPriest2
10-13-2004, 11:53 PM
Then PM him. :p

You don't need to ruin a topic.

I'm not

the Talking Can
10-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Nice try Can, but I doubt you'll find many poeople regardless of their political leanings to actually believe Bush doesn't care about Bin Laden.. Please..

hey, I just follow the republican play book...."nuisance" etc.....he said it, context is irrelevant according to republicans

though Bush is pretty clear, isn't he?

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

KingPriest2
10-14-2004, 12:00 AM
hey, I just follow the republican play book...."nuisance" etc.....he said it, context is irrelevant according to republicans

"And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

Once again not answering I just want a honest answer.

Joe Seahawk
10-14-2004, 12:25 AM

Bush clearly shouldn't have said what he did tonight on the subject, but it's one of those "gotchas" that are insignificent IMO because of their ridicilousness. I think it's one of the few fair critisms I've seen come out of the DNC lately, but I really doubt anyone actually believes Bush doesn't care about Bin Laden. Do you believe that?

KingPriest2
10-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Bush clearly shouldn't have said what he did tonight on the subject, but it's one of those "gotchas" that are insignificent IMO because of their ridicilousness. I think it's one of the few fair critisms I've seen come out of the DNC lately, but I really doubt anyone actually believes Bush doesn't care about Bin Laden. Do you believe that?

I agrree with you. If he does not care then why are we fighting a war.

Taco John
10-14-2004, 12:28 AM

Boy, Kerry said a lot about his plans tonight... If you missed it, it says more about you than him...

RINGLEADER
10-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Kerry not knowing his own legislative accomplishments or averaging less than one bill/amendment being signed into law every two years was a pretty big gaffe on Kerry's part.

Same with his continued insistence that he doesn't favor a "global test" before pre-emptive action, despite that being exactly what he said, could be another.

HolmeZz
10-14-2004, 12:31 AM

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can think Bush doesn't care about Bin Laden. I think the point that's trying to be made is that Bush apparently lied about saying he didn't care about Bin Laden during the debate tonight.

KingPriest2
10-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Boy, Kerry said a lot about his plans tonight... If you missed it, it says more about you than him...

I missed part of the last half hour. But All I heard is I am going to do this I am going to do that. I have a plan. But he does not say how he is going to do it.

KCWolfman
10-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Yup:

He can make trillions of dollars appear from only billions raised in taxes.
He can make soldiers appear from other galaxies
He can turn regular soldiers into special forces with a wave of a wand
And he can protect our northern borders while allowing only the Mexicans across the southern ones.

Great plan

Joe Seahawk
10-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Yup:

He can make trillions of dollars appear from only billions raised in taxes.
He can make soldiers appear from other galaxies
He can turn regular soldiers into special forces with a wave of a wand
And he can protect our northern borders while allowing only the Mexicans across the southern ones.

Great plan

I think he said he was going to personally mow the lawn of every American on a weekly basis too..

Bob Dole would like that!

KingPriest2
10-14-2004, 12:51 AM
I think he said he was going to personally mow the lawn of every American on a weekly basis too..

Bob Dole would like that!

ROFL

Taco John
10-14-2004, 01:47 AM

I think Bush cares about what furthers his agenda... Back then, minimizing Osama, and maximizing Saddaam was politically expedient... Now, he needs to sound tough on Osama.

Sure he cares about Osama. Because 'Muricuhns don't want to hear that he's not concerned about him right before an election.

the Talking Can
10-14-2004, 06:34 AM
I think Bush cares about what furthers his agenda... Back then, minimizing Osama, and maximizing Saddaam was politically expedient... Now, he needs to sound tough on Osama.

Sure he cares about Osama. Because 'Muricuhns don't want to hear that he's not concerned about him right before an election.

since you're new to politics, let me help you out: its called flip-flopping

:p

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 09:12 AM
It was one of those EGGS-AGER-A-SHUNS... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Chief Henry
10-14-2004, 10:09 AM
It was one of those EGGS-AGER-A-SHUNS... ROFL ROFL ROFL

Do most comedians laugh at their own jokes? One wonders how hysterical she must be when she gets up in the morn and looks in the mirror. ROFL ROFL ROFL OOOPS, I just laughed at my own joke

the Talking Can
10-14-2004, 10:29 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/bush_twofaces.jpg

Iowanian
10-14-2004, 10:31 AM
How many of the #s of those in AZ, "without healthcare" are Legal, Tax paying Americans, and how many are contrived numbers of Illegals included?

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 10:34 AM
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/bush_twofaces.jpg

ROFL ROFL ROFL

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Kerry's claim to "I have a plan"

BroWhippendiddle
10-14-2004, 04:24 PM

With all of the grand exagerations Kerry made last night, I would question how he plans on paying for all of the additional programs.

I also ask why it is wrong to outsource but OK to cross borders and buy drugs? The pricetag on the drugs developed by the drug companies pays for research for other drugs. If they aren't "being profitable" they will not be investing in new research for more drugs.

Kerry's plans are going to cost all Americans in the way of higher taxes.

If he is really concerned about outsourcing, why does he not do something about the 57 divisions of the Heinz Corporation that are currently on foreign soil? oops, we aren't supposed to know about that.

Lbedrock1
10-14-2004, 04:45 PM

They all say they have a plan but never expose it during the race. What is Bush's plan laid out on a table? Niether will lay it all out on the table.