PDA

View Full Version : Should I do this deal?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 08:13 AM
Proposed FFL trade...Clinton Portis for Chris Brown......?????

Portis has three TD's and has looked NOTHING like the Portis of old since game one... Brown has 4 TD's and has shown the ability to break the big one... Portis was my top pick and I hate to give up on him but I'm currently in 7th place in my league and need points. I was gonna pick Brown up right after the Titans game last Sunday and another stupid f#cker got him before me but only picked him up to use as trade bait.

Do I make the deal....???????????

:spock:

ClearmontChief
10-14-2004, 08:16 AM
In a heartbeat.

nmt1
10-14-2004, 08:17 AM
You should've done this deal yesterday.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 08:21 AM
Really? Wow...I'm a little surprised. I'm the one giving up Portis and getting Brown not the other way around.

nmt1
10-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Really? Wow...I'm a little surprised. I'm the one giving up Portis and getting Brown not the other way around.

Who's got better numbers this year? Take a look at who both players are playing the rest of the season. Go with the one who plays the weakest run defense teams. I'd go with Brown but that's my opinion.

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Brown is a slasher and tough inside runner. He'll get the red zone carries. Portis is an every once in awhile back.

CosmicPal
10-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Hell Yes.....I'd do it.

The Redskins offensive line employ a totally different scheme then Denver, and Portis is having trouble getting outside, but most importantly- Portis is not a straight-ahead runner.

Denver's OL created lanes by moving to the sides and once Portis entered the lane- used his burst of speed to get past the LB's. It's not working in Washington.

Chris Brown has been an absolute surprise and is proving he is a very valuable RB each week. I wouldn't waste a second on this, and accept the trade in a heartbeat.

Hoover
10-14-2004, 08:30 AM
Portis is on a bad team with a bad offensive line. I'd go with Brown. The only worry is he was hurt a lot in college, so I wonder if he will hold up?

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 08:38 AM
Hell Yes.....I'd do it.

The Redskins offensive line employ a totally different scheme then Denver, and Portis is having trouble getting outside, but most importantly- Portis is not a straight-ahead runner.

Denver's OL created lanes by moving to the sides and once Portis entered the lane- used his burst of speed to get past the LB's. It's not working in Washington.

Chris Brown has been an absolute surprise and is proving he is a very valuable RB each week. I wouldn't waste a second on this, and accept the trade in a heartbeat.
Excellent points. Done deal. Thanks.

Iowanian
10-14-2004, 08:44 AM
What kind of League are you in, that has Chris Brown available as a FA after week 4? A bunch of sallys.

Portis has a name, but not the production......I say you try to make this a 4 player trade and try to upgrade a WR or something too.

Washington's Oline is beat up, they can't pass the ball, and they aren't running well.

I'd do it, but get more out of it. If you're going to beat someone down, you might as well take their lunch money too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 08:51 AM
What kind of League are you in, that has Chris Brown available as a FA after week 4? A bunch of sallys.

Yes...half of the players are chicks and 7 of the ten have never played FFL before.

Iowanian
10-14-2004, 09:00 AM
...and you're in 7th place?!!!!!!!!!

Go Punish yourself!

Skip Towne
10-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Yes...half of the players are chicks and 7 of the ten have never played FFL before.
Why not move down to a league you can handle? :p

wutamess
10-14-2004, 09:22 AM

Go Punish yourself!

:stupid:
Great point.

Iowanian
10-14-2004, 09:24 AM
hey BM....wanna get into a Money League with me next year?

Ari Chi3fs
10-14-2004, 09:25 AM
i would only do the deal if you were gonna get Chris Brown, and say... Rich Scanlon... it would be the clincher.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 11:03 AM

Go Punish yourself!
Yes...I suck thanks to Clitoris sucking, Hines Ward not doing a damn thing and Trent Green's slow start.

Dr. Facebook Fever
10-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Why not move down to a league you can handle? :p
maybe I will...

:spock:

Calcountry
10-14-2004, 11:28 AM
I don't know chit about FFL, but I like posting, so how is that? I wish you luck on your decision.
:)