PDA

View Full Version : Nice ending to the debate.

KC Jones
10-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I liked the way the moderator ended the debate with the softball about strong women in their lives. Despite the harsh comments and criticisms both candidates have exchanged there have been a few moments in these debates when they've been able to show some genuine respect for one another.

It's good to remember that these men are both patriots who will try to do what they believe is right for America. Whichever one wins, they will need our support to successfully move our policy in Iraq along and continue the fight against Al Queda / Islamic facism. Honestly, the differences between the two aren't as great as many will make them out to be. Both men have supporters who will stoop to just about anything to win or get their point across. Right now this nation is bitterly and equally divided, and I'm concerned about what the coming election will bring. After 2000 both parties have prepared small armies of lawyers to fight for and contest every vote in every state.

It's no secret that I will vote against Bush, but if he wins I will continue to respect him as our president and support the efforts to secure Iraq. As far as I'm concerned this election can't get over with soon enough.

Ultra Peanut
10-14-2004, 10:00 AM
I'm a sucker, because I thought that was pretty nice, as well.