PDA

View Full Version : Kerry wins debate... Market retreats.

Taco John
10-14-2004, 01:40 PM
I see the two as a direct correlation. I think the Market decline is due to a couple of things... One, the attack on Green Square, which was a supposed "safe zone" until now. And the second, the market is starting to price in a Kerry presidency. I talk with businessmen every day, and there is no doubt that there is a feeling in business that Kerry will, at least initially, move businesses in a conservative direction as they brace to react to any policy changes.

The same thing happened, however, when it started to look like Bush was going to take the reigns four years ago: There was a decline in the market as companies braced for change. It's natural.

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Actually the market almost finished under 10K yesterday. It was down all day and finished just over 10k in the last two minutes.

Chief Henry
10-14-2004, 02:01 PM
Actually the market almost finished under 10K yesterday. It was down all day and finished just over 10k in the last two minutes.

Oil is over $54.00 barrel.... :cuss:

KingPriest2
10-14-2004, 02:53 PM
Taco go do some research.

Michael Michigan
10-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I see the two as a direct correlation. I think the Market decline is due to a couple of things... One, the attack on Green Square, which was a supposed "safe zone" until now. And the second, the market is starting to price in a Kerry presidency. I talk with businessmen every day, and there is no doubt that there is a feeling in business that Kerry will, at least initially, move businesses in a conservative direction as they brace to react to any policy changes.

The same thing happened, however, when it started to look like Bush was going to take the reigns four years ago: There was a decline in the market as companies braced for change. It's natural.

Are you active in the market?

KCTitus
10-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Market closed above 10,000 today...wonder what that means?

PastorMikH
10-27-2004, 02:19 PM

Today they think Bush will win?:shrug:

Taco John
10-27-2004, 02:24 PM

That apparenlty they aren't too concerned about the ABC video...

KCTitus
10-27-2004, 02:25 PM
That apparenlty they aren't too concerned about the ABC video...

LOL...it's a bad day for Teej.

Taco John
10-27-2004, 02:25 PM
Are you active in the market?

I follow the market. I don't have a whole lot of money in it though... But now that we've refinanced our home, I plan on getting more money out there.

Taco John
10-27-2004, 02:27 PM
LOL...it's a bad day for Teej.

I don't get it... Why would you say that? It's actually been a pretty damn good day so far...

KCTitus
10-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Found a nice stock fund a couple of years ago, Dodge and Cox stock fund. I think they recently closed to to new investors. It's up this year alone about 30% --huge. Ive made some coin on it this year.

Very good fund.