PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Vonnie Holliday?

Rick
10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Should he start? If you say yes, then why? I haven't seen anything from him all year. Matter of fact, since his first game as a Chief in which he recorded 3 sacks, I'd say very little. Jared Allen has been every bit as effective. Browning is more solid at a DE than Holliday is and we have bettter depth at DT. It's obvious we didn't pick him up as a pass-rusher but he was suppose to be a run-stopper. I have not seen it, especially the run-stopper part. A veteran DE should not get burned on bootlegs the way he was at Denver (the last two years). Not that the season is over by any means, but I would think we would bring along Allen, Wilkerson or leave Browning out there. What do you guys think?

ChiefsCountry
10-14-2004, 03:52 PM
No.

unlurking
10-14-2004, 03:59 PM
I don't mind rotating him in, but he should see limited playing time. If Browning has to slide back to DT, I would agree about preferring Allen as the starter.

Crush
10-14-2004, 04:49 PM
He sucks!!! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
10-14-2004, 05:46 PM
no... i was hopeful when holliday came here

but he has been a major disappointment since signing here.

Pitt Gorilla
10-14-2004, 06:23 PM
KC should sign more expensive FA's.

Crush
10-14-2004, 06:28 PM
KC should sign more expensive FA's.

Like Warren Sapp and Ted Washington. I hear they're doing wonders in Oakland.

Count Zarth
10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Vonnie's pretty good against the run. He sucks against the bootleg and rushing the passer (apart from one or two games a year where for some reason he comes alive).

bricks
10-15-2004, 08:58 AM
He's a major underachiever :shake:

Cormac
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
With Sims out, IMO we must put Browning back in at tackle. Otherwise, the only DTs we have for the game are Dalton and Siavii. We only have 4 on our roster [including Sims and Browning]. Needless to say, we are really thin at DT even if Browning plays there. I know Holliday can play DT also, but I doubt our line is better if Holliday plays DT and Browning plays end, or else I can only imagine we would have been doing that by now.

Holliday's been a huge disappointment, but I still believe the chances of a huge defensive breakdown are greater when Allen or Wilkerson is in the game, than when Holliday is.

bricks
10-15-2004, 10:17 AM
With Sims out, IMO we must put Browning back in at tackle. Otherwise, the only DTs we have for the game are Dalton and Siavii. We only have 4 on our roster [including Sims and Browning]. Needless to say, we are really thin at DT even if Browning plays there. I know Holliday can play DT also, but I doubt our line is better if Holliday plays DT and Browning plays end, or else I can only imagine we would have been doing that by now.

Holliday's been a huge disappointment, but I still believe the chances of a huge defensive breakdown are greater when Allen or Wilkerson is in the game, than when Holliday is.

No, no man. When Holliday is in there we get absolutley no pass rush coming from his position at RDE. At least with Allen there is some pass rush. Makes a big difference. I've seen Wilkerson in there, and honestly, when teams ran the bootleg on us, he didn't get faked out, whereas Vonnie Holliday did. I don't know :shrug: Vonnie Holliday to me is a very strange football player. I've seen his best games b4, and let me tell ya, when he does he looks like a man possessed, dominates. take last year, the first game against San Diego, he got 3 sacks, and wasn't heard of since. In Green Bay, I remember a game where it was the Pack vs.Bills. he tored it up that game, getting 5 sacks. So, he is capable of having his games. But, the bottomline is, he is way too inconsistent. I just can't understand it.

Ebolapox
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
what is wrong with vonnie holliday?

he sucks balls, dude

-EB-