PDA

View Full Version : The news resulting in the fake outrage over Mary Cheney remark...

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 04:00 PM
This Mary Cheney outrage sure spread fast and furious...a quick check of the news other than the debate, or the polls regarding Kerry winning all three debates, is an indication of why: :hmmm:

-stock market under 10k 10/14/04

-4 Americans among 10 killed in 'safe' green zone in Baghdad 10/14/04

-28 GIs face charges for Iraqi prison abuse in connection with death of prisoners 10/14/04

-deficit announced as a record $413 billion in 2004 10/14/04

-six US soldiers killed in Iraq 10/13/04

-new claims for unemployment benefits rose by 15,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted level of 352,000. The four-week moving average of claims, which smooths out weekly changes, rose by 4,000 to a seven-month high of 352,000. 10/14/04

-Bush administration takes emergency steps to avoid debt ceiling 10/14/04

Thig Lyfe
10-14-2004, 04:04 PM
um... shut up

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 04:07 PM
um... shut up

Great, thoughtful response there!!!

redbrian
10-14-2004, 04:13 PM
How many post on one subject do you plan on starting?

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 04:14 PM
How many post on one subject do you plan on starting?

Well apparently this is a HUGE issue being talked about everywhere so I guess as many as it takes to cover all the angles. And this isn't really one about Ms. Cheney but rather the news that attention is being diverted from by the righteous indignation over poor Ms. Cheney's 'privacy'.

:hmmm:

Thig Lyfe
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM

I suppose you're an expert on those.

This thread didn't warrant a thoughtful response.

Duck Dog
10-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Well apparently this is a HUGE issue being talked about everywhere so I guess as many as it takes to cover all the angles. And this isn't really one about Ms. Cheney but rather the news that attention is being diverted from by the righteous indignation over poor Ms. Cheney's 'privacy'.

:hmmm:

For someone who calls people out when they've shown a lack of class, you sure don't exhibit much. Must be that whole, "I'm a liberal, and as long as you agree with me, then everything is fine" attitude.

How many times are you going to use "righteous indignation" over the course of this story?

ooops ROFL ooops ROFL ooops ROFL.....SWB

RINGLEADER
10-14-2004, 04:23 PM
Well D-Nise, elections have a way of turning on such things (especially when the support and underlying problem with the candidate - like most people think Kerry would do/say anything to get elected).

I saw a panel of undecideds on dials on a program this afternoon and when that statement was uttered it scored the lowest of any comment made by any of the candidates in any of the debates.

The fact that Kerry is out there talking about it today shows that it's a problem. The fact that Mrs. Edwards is saying the Cheney's reaction to it reveals their "shame" for their daughter shows that the Kedwards campaign doesn't give a rat's azz who they have to step on to get into the white house.

BIG_DADDY
10-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Fake Outrage? ROFL

Another great example of Terrorist me playing both sides of an issue as long as it benefits her own agenda.

Baby Lee
10-14-2004, 04:31 PM
"There's more important news"

The last refuge of the defeated opponent.

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Well D-Nise, elections have a way of turning on such things (especially when the support and underlying problem with the candidate - like most people think Kerry would do/say anything to get elected).

I saw a panel of undecideds on dials on a program this afternoon and when that statement was uttered it scored the lowest of any comment made by any of the candidates in any of the debates.

The fact that Kerry is out there talking about it today shows that it's a problem. The fact that Mrs. Edwards is saying the Cheney's reaction to it reveals their "shame" for their daughter shows that the Kedwards campaign doesn't give a rat's azz who they have to step on to get into the white house.

He did not mention it all day. He did after the hysteria of the right made this an issue...

instead he was BUSY addressing the AARP. The convention DUHbya would not address for fear of being booed off the stage by seniors who have figured out his 'prescription drug plan' is a fraud. He sent his lovely wife instead who undoubtedly was charming but offered nothing they want to hear...no red meat.

Kerry WAS there.

unlurking
10-14-2004, 04:34 PM
memyselfi:

I agree that most of the outrage is "over-reactionary" gained to swing opinion as much as the offending comment, but at least the argument was contained to one thread I could ignore. Why not just post these in there?

memyselfI
10-14-2004, 04:35 PM
"There's more important news"

The last refuge of the defeated opponent.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

No, the fact that there IS news in abundance that negatively reflects on DUHbya will not be lost on those who can see past this contrived constroversy.

Baby Lee
10-14-2004, 04:35 PM

Did you catch the demo talking head on Crossfire? Carlson was tagging him on the Kerry comment, the Ms. Edwards followup, and the leaked dem memo on creating racial controversy. Each time, Tucker would read the statement and ask for a response. The guy would reel back and ask "they said THAT??" Then Tucker would reread the statement while the talking head recomposed himself and summoned a diversonary response. Wish Tucker would've just said, "you heard me, no more catching your composure on these inflammatory statements, respond."

Hel'n
10-14-2004, 06:59 PM

Well, it was either that or another discussion on Kerry's tan...

Michael Michigan
10-14-2004, 07:03 PM
This thread is teh gay.