PDA

View Full Version : I Saw Meet the Fockers Tonight...

RINGLEADER
10-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Good movie...very funny. Lots of the same kind of fish-out-of-water stuff from the first one, but different in kind of the same way X-Men and X2 were the same but different. Not a lot of set-up for the characters, but just lots of scenes where various things go wrong (with a lot of parallels to the first movie).

Babs and especially Dustin Hoffman give great performances (although I could do without the topless Streisand wearing whipped cream scene). I don't want to give anything away since there are several scenes that are going to change from the version I saw, but it was good (except for the ending which I suspect they're changing).

Deberg_1990
10-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Why is this in the DC forum? Because of Streisand I take it??

Michael Michigan
10-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Good movie...very funny. Lots of the same kind of fish-out-of-water stuff from the first one, but different in kind of the same way X-Men and X2 were the same but different. Not a lot of set-up for the characters, but just lots of scenes where various things go wrong (with a lot of parallels to the first movie).

Babs and especially Dustin Hoffman give great performances (although I could do without the topless Streisand wearing whipped cream scene). I don't want to give anything away since there are several scenes that are going to change from the version I saw, but it was good (except for the ending which I suspect they're changing).

RL-

Did you see of Team America, yet?

I'd rather watch puppet sex than ever see a topless Streisand.

:eek:

RINGLEADER
10-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Why is this in the DC forum? Because of Streisand I take it??

I guess...why not. Just thought I'd share something non-political for once.

RINGLEADER
10-14-2004, 11:39 PM
RL-

Did you see of Team America, yet?

I'd rather watch puppet sex than ever see a topless Streisand.

:eek:

Yeah, I'd like to see that tomorrow - haven't seen it yet.

Michael Michigan
10-14-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see that tomorrow - haven't seen it yet.

I was supposed to see it tonight, but couldn't hit the time.

I'm catching it tomorrow as well.

There is a column in there somewhere.