PDA

View Full Version : Huge international poll shows world thinks Bush sucks

Ugly Duck
10-15-2004, 09:01 AM
People in 10 countries were asked who they hoped to see win the White House and the result will make Kerry wish they had a vote.

Kerry is favored by healthy to enormous majorities in eight of the nations. Here's what our key allies think of him (%):

50 Kerry, 22 Bush..... Britain
54 Kerry, 28 Bush..... Australia
60 Kerry, 20 Bush..... Canada
68 Kerry, 18 Bush..... South Korea

Bush did barely manage to squeak by in Russia by 4 points (52 to 48), but they love him in Israel, 50 to 24%

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/V/VIEWS_OF_AMERICA?SITE=CASRP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Cochise
10-15-2004, 09:03 AM
But "who gives a shit" wins in a landslide.

Brock
10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
The good news is I don't care.

MOhillbilly
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
FTW!!!!!!

Ugly Duck
10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
90% of the casulties, 90% of the cost. We could internationlize this effort a bit more.... except the world hates the walking mistake that somehow ended up in the White House. Only ousting the mumbling Cretin will put us back in position as world leader.

Donger
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
Kind of interesting, really.

Australians go 54 Kerry, 28 Bush, yet they just re-elected the Aussie PM who strongly supports Bush?

Brock
10-15-2004, 09:10 AM
90% of the casulties, 90% of the cost. We could internationlize this effort a bit more.... except the world hates the walking mistake that somehow ended up in the White House. Only ousting the mumbling Cretin will put us back in position as world leader.

We've already been told by France and Germany that they won't get in the game no matter who is in the White house. Something about being plucked off Saddam's tit they didn't like.

Donger
10-15-2004, 09:11 AM
Only ousting the mumbling Cretin will put us back in position as world leader.

Are you saying we're not?

Soupnazi
We could internationlize this effort a bit more....

But we won't, as admitted by your candidate.

In further and possibly more important news, I took a huge dump after 2 cups of coffee this morning.

MarcBulger
I love being a rebel....

Radar Chief
10-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Kind of interesting, really.

Australians go 54 Kerry, 28 Bush, yet they just re-elected the Aussie PM who strongly supports Bush?

Oops.

HC_Chief
10-15-2004, 09:36 AM
That's good news IMO. That means our president is putting OUR needs first and foremost... you know, doing his job.

It's about time the rest of the world quit suckling off our collective teet (that means Bush & congress need to cut foreign subsidies.... we are giving WAY too much money away)

KCTitus
10-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Maybe Im just going through deja vu, but didnt this story already come up once? I guess it didnt have the impact whoever decided to pimp this though it would the first time, so they had to trot it out again.

KingPriest2
10-15-2004, 10:09 AM
Wow we should really listen to other countries on who to run our own country. I am so excited.

DonksRCrap
10-15-2004, 10:11 AM
You think we agree very often with THEIR choice of leaders? I suggest, "NOT!"

KCWolfman
10-15-2004, 10:13 AM
The Democrat was favored by healthy to enormous majorities in eight of the nations - 72 percent supported him, compared with 16 percent for Bush in France.

You skipped the French numbers, I wonder why?

Rule of France, whatever they want, we should do the opposite.

KCWolfman
10-15-2004, 10:14 AM
So you are saying these nations will go into Iraq if Kerry is elected?

or

Are you saying "there is a chance"? Because frankly, there is a chance I will win the lottery, but I don't adjust my budget for that "chance".

Lightning Rod
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
They didn't like Regan.
They did like Carter.

Did they like Bush SR?

I'm sure Tony blair would trade some of his popularity in the United States for some in the UK

As much as I like telling the other countries to kiss my big-ol-butt when I feel they are wrong, we do live in a global economy and world opinion does have an effect on our physical well being. Like all things it is about
balance.

Taco John
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
So you are saying these nations will go into Iraq if Kerry is elected?

or

Are you saying "there is a chance"? Because frankly, there is a chance I will win the lottery, but I don't adjust my budget for that "chance".

Sounds like you buy a ticket though...

homey
10-15-2004, 10:18 AM
The good news is I don't care.

The Republican motto.

Lightning Rod
10-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Sorry I clicked post a little too quickly.

Balance,

Balance between Safety, Economy short and long term goals. Naturally our own self interest comes first but tact and diplomacy are not dead.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
Excellent..............That just Proves that the World knows that Bush is looking out for the interests of the citizens of the US.

Don't worry...........The world seems to return to Loving the US once in a while.......when they're invaded, starving, sick, Poor, natural disasters, going bankrupt or need some form of handout.

alpha_omega
10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
People in 10 countries were asked who they hoped to see win the White House and the result will make Kerry wish they had a vote.

Kerry is favored by healthy to enormous majorities in eight of the nations. Here's what our key allies think of him (%):

50 Kerry, 22 Bush..... Britain
54 Kerry, 28 Bush..... Australia
60 Kerry, 20 Bush..... Canada
68 Kerry, 18 Bush..... South Korea

Those all sound like great places for you to live. Have a nice trip!!!!!1

Brock
10-15-2004, 10:22 AM
The Republican motto.

"Beware the leader who bangs the drum of war in order to whip the citizens into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind.

And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch, and the blood boils with hate, and the mind closes, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizens. Rather, the citizens infused with fear and blinded by patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader and gladly so.

How do I know? For this is what I have done, and I am Caesar."

Caius Julius Caesar (100-44 BCE)
Roman General and Statesman

ROFL

KCTitus
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Balance between Safety, Economy short and long term goals. Naturally our own self interest comes first but tact and diplomacy are not dead.

Other countries are jealous of the standard of living people in this country enjoy. It's kind of like global class envy.

DonksRCrap
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Other countries are jealous of the standard of living people in this country enjoy. It's kind of like global class envy.

That's exactly and absolutely right.

RINGLEADER
10-15-2004, 10:37 AM

If bringing democracy to Iraq reshapes the middle east then all of these arguments (and the disdain from the rest of the world - disdain that isn't that different from the protests that Ronald Reagan invited when he decided to confront, rather than contain, communism) become moot.

Can't say that the grand plan Bush has put in motion will work. I know a lot of GOPers gave Kerry crap for saying that he couldn't tell whether the Iraq war was worth it right now, but I agree (and have been consistent all along): Iraq could still spiral out of control and become a huge failure. But Bush has decided to confront terrorism rather than contain it. Kerry is pretty clear that he favors containing it rather than confronting it.

I'd rather throw the long pass and try to wipe it out in the way Bush has chosen and that's one of the reasons I'm for Bush and against Kerry. Part of the benefit of showing the willingness to go into Iraq is that it sends a signal to other terrorist-supporting states (and is already paying dividends if you look at the WMDs and WMD programs that Libya has abandoned). If we look for the first opportunity to leave regardless of what happens in our absence (something Kerry has, at various times advocated and something that sounds very similar to his statements in the 70s that if we left S. Vietnam there wouldn't be a huge loss of life) then we lose that implied threat that we've invested a lot to gain.

That's why I hope that if Kerry wins he won't revert back to his rhetoric and what I think are pretty clearly his real beliefs. I'll support the guy as president all the way if he keeps the war on terror on the offensive and doesn't turn it into primarily a law enforcement issue, but I don't hold out a lot of hope that will occur.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 10:39 AM
Duck...........any Kerry Supporter...

Please List 2 nations that will send Troops to Iraq, if Kerry is elected, that haven't already participated.

France already said they won't.....So did Germany I believe.

homey
10-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Youíre argument is so tired. The point is Kerry would have gone about it in a manner that would have displayed respect for the rest of the world, thus receiving respect.

Lightning Rod
10-15-2004, 11:06 AM

I think that is part of it but, Luxemburg, Bermuda and Norway have a higher or essentially the same standard of living as the United States (depending on the source) but donít seems to suffer the same jealously. I think you are on the right track though. I do think they are jealous of the size and power of our country as a whole. I also think they are resentful of our power economically and militarily. They are also afraid of us, and rightly so. If we were to cut our military spending in half we would still be spending double the amount of Russia and China combined. I have always been for a strong military because I donít think the world is a nice place and,weakness invites aggression but, if I were a foreigner I would question our motives and peaceful intentions.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Youíre argument is so tired. The point is Kerry would have gone about it in a manner that would have displayed respect for the rest of the world, thus receiving respect.

Like what..........4 more years of letting Saddom's Military Shoot at US planes, giving money to suicide bombers.....killing off a few thousand Iraqis per year...........

You can't say exactly What Kerry would have done...........he has yet to give a specific example of what he'd have done.........Lick shining Frances balls doesn't equate to having the respect of the world.

WHICH countries will put troops in Iraq, if Kerry is to win?
How many must they provide to count? Obviously the UKs 12,000 didn't count.

Cochise
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Duck...........any Kerry Supporter...

Please List 2 nations that will send Troops to Iraq, if Kerry is elected, that haven't already participated.

France already said they won't.....So did Germany I believe.

Something tells me that homey will conveniently be skipping this one.

But don't worry, there will be a "summit"

Braincase
10-15-2004, 11:11 AM
We're America by God! We don't give a flying (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) what anybody else in the world thinks! P.S. Please buy our stuff.

Kraut
10-15-2004, 11:11 AM
WOW! Who gives a rusty FU%$ what the international poll says.

Radar Chief
10-15-2004, 11:27 AM
That's why I hope that if Kerry wins he won't revert back to his rhetoric and what I think are pretty clearly his real beliefs. I'll support the guy as president all the way if he keeps the war on terror on the offensive and doesn't turn it into primarily a law enforcement issue, but I don't hold out a lot of hope that will occur.

:clap: Rep.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 11:36 AM
So............How much additional money will the govts of these currently non-participating countries going to give? how many troops?

Kerry and his supporters keep saying they're going to share the burden..............Enough Rhetoric............Who? how Much? how Many?

homey
10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
WOW! Who gives a rusty FU%$ what the international poll says.

I'm not really pointing anyone out, but this mentality is the problem. By the way you do great work on the girly thread Kraut.

jcl-kcfan2
10-15-2004, 11:42 AM
What that poll tells me:

Most foreigners want a weaker USA.

homey
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM
Thatís paranoia.

stevieray
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM

Just like all the talk about how this war was unecessary, the number deaths of US soldiers and the blame game on our government from the psychotic few will cease.

Then anything that goes wrong in Iraq in the future, or any attack that happens here or abroad will also be Bush's fault.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 11:48 AM
The problem is, the world Views the US like alot of baseball fans view the Yankies.

We've got alot bigger Budget, Bigger name players, a better stadium..............hypothetically.

It boils down to Penis Envy, IMO.

Cochise
10-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Goes back to the old adage, "it's better to be feared than loved"

homey
10-15-2004, 11:50 AM
The problem is, the world Views the US like alot of baseball fans view the Yankies.

We've got alot bigger Budget, Bigger name players, a better stadium..............hypothetically.

It boils down to Penis Envy, IMO.

I think youíre right to some extent. But we share some blame for that too.

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 11:53 AM
Yeah.............We deserve Blame for being the World Champs every year since 1942

KCWolfman
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Sounds like you buy a ticket though...
Nope, never have. My wife does once in awhile and I tease her for it.

Kraut
10-15-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm not really pointing anyone out, but this mentality is the problem. By the way you do great work on the girly thread Kraut.
Thank you my liberal friend :thumb:

Kraut
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
I understand that we need to make allies around the world. But a poll taken regarding who the rest of the world wants as president to me is not important. The bottom line is that no matter who wins the world is still gonna give us the evil eye to some extent. The world would love if we pull out of Iraq and admit defeat. Kerry states he is not going to do this. So I would imgaine that the world will still keep a negative eye on Kerry. Maybe not as much as Bush but it will be there. And it seems that the so called world community that loves Kerry won't even send in troops for him if he wins. Go figure :shrug: