PDA

View Full Version : LJ interview on 610

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Over at the Star Board someone said Rhonda Moss interviewed LJ a day or so ago and he went off on the team for labelling him a cancer, that it wasn't true, that if they thought that way they should have traded him during the bye-week, etc. Overall he's really unhappy he wasn't traded.

Anyone hear the interview? Was this posted and I missed it?

wutamess
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
He went off on JW. Then he said if they think he's a cancer then trade him.

KCTitus
10-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Im disappointed in our local fans for not bringing this to the BB.

dirk digler
10-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Im disappointed in our local fans for not bringing this to the BB.

I don't listen to 610 hardly anymore especially with no Internet feed.

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 09:55 AM
He went off on JW. Then he said if they think he's a cancer then trade him.

Thanks. Any more detail?

Phobia
10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
It wasn't a live interview, it was a telephone conversation between RM and LJ.

It wasn't really that critical, either. LJ sounded mad that Whitlock called him a cancer and that he wished he had been traded already. He also claimed that Tampa approached KC with the McCardel trade.

Finally, he dropped a lot of F-bombs according to Rhonda.

dirk digler
10-15-2004, 10:00 AM
It wasn't a live interview, it was a telephone conversation between RM and LJ.

It wasn't really that critical, either. LJ sounded mad that Whitlock called him a cancer and that he wished he had been traded already. He also claimed that Tampa approached KC with the McCardel trade.

Finally, he dropped a lot of F-bombs according to Rhonda.

They should just bench LJ or suspend him for the rest of the year if they aren't going to trade him.

Crush
10-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Remember in the preseason there was talk that LJ had matured and learned what his place was on the team?

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Here's my answer from my thread:

Larry Johnson, our potentially talented, 1st round pick is sitting on the bench game after game. Here's my idea. I know you guys will say it's a bad idea, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

LJ is 6'1" 228
Tony R is 6'1" 232
Easy is 6'1" 245

TR is a good reciever, great blocker and so-so runner. Easy is a bad blocker, so-so runner and so-so reciever. LJ is possibly a good runner, possibly a good reciever and an improving blocker. I don't see much difference between LJ and Easy. LJ is only 4 lbs lighter than TR. Maybe Vermiel could drop Easy next season, move LJ to FB and draft Sproles in the 3rd round? Sproles fits our HB role better than LJ. Sproles is more like Priest than LJ is. Of all of the RB on our roster, I'd say LJ is most like Easy. I know LJ wasn't drafted to be a FB, but this way he'd at least get on the field. From the FB position, he'd be a good reciever and runner compared to other FBs. He'd have to put on about 10 lbs in my view. I think the hardest thing for LJ would be to improve his blocking skills. That's probably the key to my whole idea. He could back up Tony R for now. Then, when TR retires and Priest retires, LJ could become the starting FB or HB. As the backup FB, he'd have to play ST also. In the mean time, Sproles could be the #3 or maybe #2 HB behind Holmes. I was just thinking this would be better than LJ sitting on the bench. This way he gains some on-field experience, even though it's as a FB instead of HB. Our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench and is never going to be traded. Since we're stuck with him, we need to use him in some way or another. We're going to have to draft a FB to replace TR soon anyway. Maybe this is a temporary fix.

OK. Let me have it. How incredibly horrible is this idea? Or, have I stumbled across a potentially good idea?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good or bad is this idea? On a scale where 1 is like moving Tamarick Vanover to HB and where 10 is like moving Dante Hall to WR/KR/PR/RB/FB.

Mark M
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM

Larry Johnson, our potentially talented, 1st round pick is sitting on the bench game after game. Here's my idea. I know you guys will say it's a bad idea, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

LJ is 6'1" 228
Tony R is 6'1" 232
Easy is 6'1" 245

TR is a good reciever, great blocker and so-so runner. Easy is a bad blocker, so-so runner and so-so reciever. LJ is possibly a good runner, possibly a good reciever and an improving blocker. I don't see much difference between LJ and Easy. LJ is only 4 lbs lighter than TR. Maybe Vermiel could drop Easy next season, move LJ to FB and draft Sproles in the 3rd round? Sproles fits our HB role better than LJ. Sproles is more like Priest than LJ is. Of all of the RB on our roster, I'd say LJ is most like Easy. I know LJ wasn't drafted to be a FB, but this way he'd at least get on the field. From the FB position, he'd be a good reciever and runner compared to other FBs. He'd have to put on about 10 lbs in my view. I think the hardest thing for LJ would be to improve his blocking skills. That's probably the key to my whole idea. He could back up Tony R for now. Then, when TR retires and Priest retires, LJ could become the starting FB or HB. As the backup FB, he'd have to play ST also. In the mean time, Sproles could be the #3 or maybe #2 HB behind Holmes. I was just thinking this would be better than LJ sitting on the bench. This way he gains some on-field experience, even though it's as a FB instead of HB. Our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench and is never going to be traded. Since we're stuck with him, we need to use him in some way or another. We're going to have to draft a FB to replace TR soon anyway. Maybe this is a temporary fix.

OK. Let me have it. How incredibly horrible is this idea? Or, have I stumbled across a potentially good idea?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good or bad is this idea? On a scale where 1 is like moving Tamarick Vanover to HB and where 10 is like moving Dante Hall to WR/KR/PR/RB/FB.

Drafting Sproles ranks about a .05 ;) ... moving LJ to FB is about a 5.

While not a bad idea, I think the die has already been cast: LJ doesn't want to be in KC, and KC doesn't really want him, either. Simply switching positions isn't going to suddenly make him, or the Chiefs, happy.

MM
~~:arrow:

DaKCMan AP
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM

Skip Towne
10-15-2004, 10:10 AM

LJ is 6'1" 228
Tony R is 6'1" 232
Easy is 6'1" 245

This is the dumbest idea ever put forth on the Planet. You should be castrated for even thinking about drafting Sproles.

ROYC75
10-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Sproles ? ROFL

MR BUTTERFINGERS ? ROFL

Are you a Kitty Kat fan ? :rolleyes:

Brock
10-15-2004, 10:17 AM

Shut the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) up, moron.

Lzen
10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
GF,
I don't think Sproles is all that. IMO, he's overrated. I don't think Sproles would last long as a featured back in the NFL. Plus, I don't like the idea of LJ at FB. Personally, I think Priest will be done before Tony Richardson. In other words, we will need a HB to replace Priest before we will need a FB to replace TR. And Sproles is not the answer.

nychief
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM
I am so tired of talking about our third string halfback.

Crush
10-15-2004, 10:21 AM

It sucked then and it sucks now.

Braincase
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm a KU fan and I'd rather see Brad Smith drafted than Sproles.

TheNextStep
10-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Nonsense, people. Kansas City drafting Sproles is a great idea... especially in the first round.

Make it happen, Carl!!!!

Phobia
10-15-2004, 10:32 AM

That's not your answer. That's your way of (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing up this thread. WTG, dumbass.

Crush
10-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Make it happen, Carl!!!!

Don't worry, he's already on it.

Mark M
10-15-2004, 10:35 AM
Nonsense, people. Kansas City drafting Sproles is a great idea... especially in the first round.

Make it happen, Carl!!!!

You go to hell ... you go to hell and you die!

:bang:

MM
~~:D

bricks
10-15-2004, 10:43 AM
You go to hell ... you go to hell and you die!

:bang:

MM
~~:D

ROFL ROFL Yeah I say f*ck the running backs. Drafting a RB under CP is not a good idea. CP never drafted a stud RB. Ever.

Crush
10-15-2004, 10:52 AM
ROFL ROFL Yeah I say f*ck the running backs. Drafting a RB under CP is not a good idea. CP never drafted a stud RB. Ever.

Dude, CP has never drafted a stud anything.

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Shut the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) up, moron. So........ you didn't like my idea? :hmmm:

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 10:56 AM
That's not your answer. That's your way of (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )ing up this thread. WTG, dumbass. Somebody woke up in a bad mood ! :shake:

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
OK. How about this. Consider my idea of temporarily moving LJ to FB minus the idea of drafting Sproles. Take Sproles out of the equasion. How about moving LJ to FB for a while so that he doesn't rot on the bench?

Phobia
10-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Somebody woke up in a bad mood ! :shake:

It's National Grouch day, you stupid mother (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )er. Jeez, don't you read anything you didn't write?

bricks
10-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Dude, CP hasn't drafted a stud anything.

What? Derrick Thomas isn't a stud? Donnie Edwards isn't a stud? Joe Horn isn't a stud? Tony Gonzalez isn't a stud? C'mon dude :spock:
He sucks mostly at drafting RB's,QB's, and WR's I might add. If CP didn't draft a stud anything he woulda probably been fired a long long time ago. But, yeah more often than not CP almost all the time drafts way more sh*tty players than studs. Not to mention he's bombed about 3 drafts of drafting abolutely nothing :banghead:

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2004, 11:41 AM
610 stiring the pot. LJ said if Whilock thinks he is a cancer why don't they trade him. Rhonda Moss has found an easy sound bite factory.

I'm more interested in hearing someone who heard KK's interview of Lamar Hunt. 610 talked like KK was disrespectful to the ninth degree. Of course they would, but is it true

The Bad Guy
10-15-2004, 11:42 AM
OK. How about this. Consider my idea of temporarily moving LJ to FB minus the idea of drafting Sproles. Take Sproles out of the equasion. How about moving LJ to FB for a while so that he doesn't rot on the bench?

One of Vermeil's biggest bitch fests about LJ was that he couldn't pass protect.

How the hell can he be a fullback if he can't block?

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah.... Trade LJ. If TB has an interest strike a deal (preferably not for a 35 yr old possession reciever on the downslide.)

Wile_E_Coyote
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I think this is BS, but I'll pass it along http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1902034

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:05 PM
*sigh* Only King Carl... (if its true)

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Current record holder Gunther_Fan could not be reached for comment.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Dude, CP has never drafted a stud anything.
Are you and Gunther Fan in some sort of competition?

Mr. Laz
10-15-2004, 12:58 PM
LJ doesn't want to play any role on this team other than starting tailback

we barely got him to return a few kicks on special teams just because he's that desperate to get on the field. He didn't even want to do that when he first came here.

starter or nothing

play him or trade him

bricks
10-15-2004, 01:02 PM
I don't understand. the kid wants to play and we don't give him any reps at all.
I'm trying to figure this out, the guy was a 1st round pick, and a very talented football player. Is he just simply not Vermeil's type of RB? Or, is he just not good enough? I don't know what to think of LJ.

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 01:12 PM
It's National Grouch day, you stupid mother (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )er. Jeez, don't you read anything you didn't write? Alright you stupid bastard. I get it now!! STFU STFD!! STFU :cuss:

John_Wayne
10-15-2004, 01:15 PM
I think this is BS, but I'll pass it along http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1902034 What's the date on this story?

The Bad Guy
10-15-2004, 01:18 PM
I don't understand. the kid wants to play and we don't give him any reps at all.
I'm trying to figure this out, the guy was a 1st round pick, and a very talented football player. Is he just simply not Vermeil's type of RB? Or, is he just not good enough? I don't know what to think of LJ.

He wants to play, but he hasn't demonstrated that he deserves to play.

I've watched LJ for a long time since I live in PA. He had one good year in college. He didn't do shit before then, and I doubt he ever amounts to anything in the NFL. He did his damage against defenses that couldn't stop the sisters of the poor.

If we passed on that assclown, we could of had someone like Chris Brown in the 3rd round.

Hell, just last week on the bye, LJ was back in State College buying beer at a distributer in Penn State and going to a frat party with some friends. My girlfriend's best friend was at the party and she said he was unapproachable.

His attitude is shit, and I would rid this team of the cancer ASAP.

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 01:26 PM
I think they will end up trading him the day before the 2005 draft and get a 3rd round pick for him to make up for losing it for Welbourn.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Chiefnj, where do you live that you are pimping bigsky conference anything?

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Chiefnj, where do you live that you are pimping bigsky conference anything?

I'll give you three guesses Mr. Mensa.

Mr. Laz
10-15-2004, 01:58 PM
I think they will end up trading him the day before the 2005 draft and get a 3rd round pick for him to make up for losing it for Welbourn.
didn't they already get a 3rd and 5th round for Truluck?

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Thats like worst deal of the century for us... it makes me sad inside. Truluck actually showed some POTENTIAL which is not something we often see in our young chiefs.

Chiefnj
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM

I'm pretty sure it was a 5th and 6th rounder in the 2005 draft.

CosmicPal
10-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Thats like worst deal of the century for us... it makes me sad inside. Truluck actually showed some POTENTIAL which is not something we often see in our young chiefs.

Jared Allen?

Siavii??

Wilkerson???

I see a lot of potential....

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Jared Allen?

Siavii??

Wilkerson???

I see a lot of potential....
I will cut you some slack for your good joke in the other thread.
I was more excited about Truluck than any of our other prospects (Jared Allen is a close second tho.)

philfree
10-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Truluck actually showed some POTENTIAL which is not something we often see in our young chiefs.

Truluck is 30 years old so he wasn't young talent. He's a pass rusher and that's it.

PhilFree :arrow:

Mark M
10-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Truluck is 30 years old so he wasn't young talent. He's a pass rusher and that's it.

PhilFree :arrow:

You beat me to it.

MM
~~:clap:

htismaqe
10-15-2004, 02:16 PM

Young Chiefs?

Truluck was 31 -- the oldest defensive lineman we had.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2004, 02:16 PM

Truluck is 30, and have you seen him at GB?

They have the worst pass defense and the third worst run d.

Yeah, he's a real diamond in the rough.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Young Chiefs?

Truluck was 31 -- the oldest defensive lineman we had.
But... Pass rush... I miss it! I long for Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith days!!!! Run stuffing pass rushing blitzkreig defense!

Mark M
10-15-2004, 02:17 PM
So ... I get the impression that Truluck is not young ...

MM
~~:)

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 02:18 PM
So ... I get the impression that Truluck is not young ...

MM
~~:)
Yeah my bad.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 02:18 PM
Does anyone else think it's weird that they took the guy to the coroner's office?

Mark M
10-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Does anyone else think it's weird that they took the guy to the coroner's office?

ROFL

MM
~~:LOL:

Rausch
10-15-2004, 03:27 PM
It's National Grouch day, you stupid mother (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. )er. Jeez, don't you read anything you didn't write?

This is going to be fun...

Rain Man
10-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Wow. I had no idea that LJ was unhappy. I see a pulitzer on the horizon for Ms. Moss.

Swanman
10-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Wow. I had no idea that LJ was unhappy. I see a pulitzer on the horizon for Ms. Moss.

And in other news, the Pope is indeed catholic, we'll have reactions at 11.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2004, 04:29 PM
But... Pass rush... I miss it! I long for Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith days!!!! Run stuffing pass rushing blitzkreig defense!

What pass rush?

Truluck can't get after the QB in Green Bay and he has KGB on the other side.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
And in other news, the Pope is indeed catholic, we'll have reactions at 11.
But, does he shit in the woods?

And, why the hell is that bear wearing a funny hat?

Ari Chi3fs
10-15-2004, 04:33 PM
at this point, Im willing to trade LJ for a couple cold cases of beer.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 04:33 PM
at this point, Im willing to trade LJ for a couple cold cases of beer.
Hell, I'd trade just about anything for that.

Rausch
10-15-2004, 04:34 PM
But, does he shit in the woods?

He doesn't appear to be to far from that point...

the Talking Can
10-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Shut the (. x. )(. x. )(. x. )(. x. ) up, moron.

ROFL

I wanted to say that but I was feeling too polite...

penchief
10-15-2004, 07:43 PM
Obviously, we haven't needed Johnson. And those who say it was a wasted pick are looking correct.

However, I watched Johnson play nearly every week in his final season at Penn State. He is a damn good running back and he knows it. The tragedy is that he is a late bloomer and he needs to get carries, not only to prove himself but to reach his potential.

Since he has been here he has niether acted maturely nor been treated fairly, IMO. I think those who have negative things to say about his behavior are right to do so. I think those who question his ability are wrong to do so.

I have a compromise idea that might utilize LJ's skills efficiently and give him an opportunity to show what he can do. Johnson is great in the open field. He is best when he breaks the line of scrimmage. He has excellent vision, changes directions smoothly, and takes the most efficient route to the end zone. Plus, he has great speed for a big back.

Taking these skills into account here is my idea. Let him split time with Dante Hall on Kick-off returns allowing Dante to play more on offense as a third receiver. The kind that would cause match-up problems in a different way than Kris Wilson would have. Johnson's skills make him an excellent kick returner and he has proven it on the field.

Also, since Johnson is a good receiving back. Let him take some of those plays meant for Wilson's Hback duties that would take advantage of Johnson's open field ability. Obviously, Johnson doesn't have tight-end skills (blocking, route running) but some of those plays are meant to create the type of mismatches that could be duplicated with a guy of Johnson's ability.

In other words, let Dante and LJ contribute more by letting both do kick-off returns (both are capable) and letting both fill the void that Wilson left behind.

Getting another offensive threat the caliber of Larry Johnson on the field can only be a good thing.

Let's throw Johnson a bone and make use of his first round skills at the same time.

The Bad Guy
10-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Splitting kickoff returns between Dante and LJ would be the dumbest thing in the world.

How does anyone know how much of a threat LJ is?he hasn't done shit in the NFL, and only did it for one year in college.

penchief
10-15-2004, 08:06 PM
Splitting kickoff returns between Dante and LJ would be the dumbest thing in the world.

How does anyone know how much of a threat LJ is?he hasn't done shit in the NFL, and only did it for one year in college.

Dante still has all of the punt return duties plus he could be used more on offense to create mismatch problems. We wouldn't lose that much. Johnson is a good kick returner. He runs down hill, sees the lanes, and accelerates well. I've never seen him caught from behind once there is no one between him and the endzone.

It wouldn't hurt to showcase his skills. I'm telling you, man, he can do it. We wouldn't be disappointed. Plus, we stroke a guy that we might need before the season is over. He isn't doing us any good sitting on the bench. Let him show what he can do. He will help us in two ways: being a good player and increasing his trade value.

Obviously, Johnson has a need to be appreciated and a strong desire to play. Put him in there where he has a chance to succeed. Build up his confidence and increase his trade value.