PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge for This Political Season

yunghungwell
10-15-2004, 10:44 AM
A thought occurred to me while I was driving to work this morning. I have been watching the debates and reading this forum lately. What I see is division and dislike for people on the "other side". So, I suggest this:

It is getting colder here in the Midwest, so round up all suitable sweatshirts, flannel shirts, jackets and coats that you don't wear anymore. Then take them to your local Goodwill/Salvation Army.

With the price of heating a home on the rise, you never know, some kid might even be sleeping in your old coat this winter.

Secondly, you can buy extra nonperishable items when you make your next trip to the grocery store to give to the local food bank.

I just am getting tired of hearing the arguments about how who gets elected President is going to effect the "have nots" in our country, and I thought that there might be a more direct way for me to help the "have nots".

Oh, and don't forget about a possible donation to 37 Forever!

YHW

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 10:47 AM
How about we burn the homeless for warmth, instead of heating oil?

NewChief
10-15-2004, 10:48 AM

You go Jonathan Swift!

yunghungwell
10-15-2004, 10:53 AM

See dick make a dumb comment. See dick be insensitive. DON'T BE A DICK!

DonksRCrap
10-15-2004, 10:56 AM

Why is it okay for you to do this, when I've seen you criticize conservative types for their insensitive humor....but, perhaps I'm confusing you with Zach?

Brock
10-15-2004, 10:57 AM
That's real funny, Jaycats fan.

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Why is it okay for you to do this, when I've seen you criticize conservative types for their insensitive humor....but, perhaps I'm confusing you with Zach?
Whoops..i'm sorry if i've offended any homeless people on this message board. My advice to you if you are homeless and reading this: keep up the good work.

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 11:06 AM
That's real funny, Jaycats fan.

Thanks, King of lame one-liners.

DonksRCrap
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Whoops..i'm sorry if i've offended any homeless people on this message board. My advice to you if you are homeless and reading this: keep up the good work.

Actually, my mentally ill mother is homeless... :mad:

Brock
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks, King of lame one-liners.

Hey, I'm no Alan Alda. But why do you have to sling shit on this thread?

NewChief
10-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Wow, this reminds me of teaching "A Modest Proposal" to Freshman Comp classes.

"This sick bastard wants to eat babies! He's sick and twisted and insane!"

It's satire you morons....SATIRE.

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Hey, I'm no Alan Alda. But why do you have to sling shit on this thread?
For the same reason you sling shit on any other thread that you post on. Don't act so innocent.

NewChief
10-15-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey, I'm no Alan Alda.

Oh, we know you have an inner cuddly peacenik just waiting to escape, Brock.

:Peace:

Iowanian
10-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I think its a good idea Yung.........Unfortunately, Saul's stocking caps will be of little use, as his cranium is said to be the size of Rhoad Island.

I guess the homeless could prop a broom stick in the center and make a tent......

Brock
10-15-2004, 11:13 AM
For the same reason you sling shit on any other thread that you post on. Don't act so innocent.

you aren't worth the time, chump.

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 11:14 AM
I think its a good idea Yung.........Unfortunately, Saul's stocking caps will be of little use, as his cranium is said to be the size of Rhoad Island.

I guess the homeless could prop a broom stick in the center and make a tent......
ROFL

True..true..but then again, I don't think they would have much use cans of STAGG Chili and flannel shirts with the sleeves cut off, either.

Brock
10-15-2004, 11:19 AM
If you have some old coats and blankets, get rid of em.

http://www.kctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=487378

yunghungwell
10-15-2004, 11:31 AM
If you have some old coats and blankets, get rid of em.

http://www.kctv5.com/Global/story.asp?S=487378

:thumb: