PDA

View Full Version : Mr. madden, is that you??

Ebolapox
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
I've seen this trick play often in the NFL, and it works more often than not. It's where the RB get a pitch from the QB, then the RB hands it off to the WR who is running a reverse pattern. So the WR has the ball, the defenses THINK, he is going to run a reverse play, instead the WR elects to throw the ball downfield, and boom there you have it. He finds a wide open WR running a streak route for a TD!

boom

boom

hmmmm....

-EB-

Crush
10-15-2004, 10:25 AM
While I hate Madden, he makes the finest football game known to man.

Ebolapox
10-15-2004, 10:26 AM
I'll hang an amen on that one, crush

-EB-

el borracho
10-15-2004, 10:39 AM
I like Madden because he loves the game of football and it shows in his commentary. He, like every announcer, gets paid to state the obvious. That is what announcers do. I am very curious who you Madden-haters prefer as an announcer.

R&GHomer
10-15-2004, 11:19 AM
I like Madden because he loves the game of football and it shows in his commentary. He, like every announcer, gets paid to state the obvious. That is what announcers do. I am very curious who you Madden-haters prefer as an announcer.

His partner Al for one... Madden should stick to drawing yellow plays on the prompter "or what ever the hell it is" and stop yaping so much.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 11:21 AM
While I hate Madden, he makes the finest football game known to man.
AAAAAAAAAAAmen! But WTF would Madden be doing in a chiefs forum? He's a raider inside....

Mark M
10-15-2004, 11:28 AM
He's a raider inside....I think you mean he has a raider inside ...

his butt.

MM
~~:)

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 11:28 AM
I think you mean he has a raider inside ...

his butt.

MM
~~:)
I think i mean hes an ex-raider....

Mark M
10-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I think i mean hes an ex-raider....
Um ... yeah. I know.

joke (jhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifk)
n. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line. A mischievous trick; a prank. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation. Informal. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office. MM
~~:spock:

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 11:32 AM
A mischievous trick; a prank.
Are you implying that a raider entered john madden as a mischievous trick and non consensually? Cuz I'm sure madden would have let him do it.
EDIT-- Or are you implying that Madden is a laughingstock? Because everyone already knew that one.
Or is that he is a triviality? Or is it trivial that you found a raider in his ass?

Mark M
10-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Or are you implying that Madden is a laughingstock?

Madden ... you ... to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to ...

MM
~~:p

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:24 PM
:p jerk.

Mark M
10-15-2004, 12:28 PM
:p jerk.

It's a gift ...

MM
~~:D

bricks
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
hmmmm....

-EB-

ROFL ROFL ROFL :clap: :clap:

irishjayhawk
10-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Madden should team up with ESPN to make the ULTIMATE game.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
The games are polar opposites. The rating systems are completely different. ESPN is glitchy as hell (I mean, if the quarter changes the clock shouldnt continue to run! Happened to me!) ESPN was underdeveloped/tested. But madden overpowered Defense. It was a bad year for football games.

bricks
10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAmen! But WTF would Madden be doing in a chiefs forum? He's a raider inside....

Yeah. So what? What's that got to do with it? I think the Chiefs are favorites to go to the superbowl this year. There are not a 1-3 team, and didn't look like it when they played Baltimore on Monday night. I think it'll be either Kansas City or New England as the favorites to come out of the AFC. The best thing that coulda happened to Kansas City was when they hired Gunther Cunningham to run their defense. I really like what there doing with there defense, they brought back the same 11 guys, doing different things in a new scheme, with other guys helping out. Imo, I think Gunther Cunningham will be the best free-agent acquisition in the NFL this year. And nobody will know about it till the end of this year.

Mark M
10-15-2004, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing the graphics of ESPN's game meshed with the stellar franchise/owner options of EA's offering.

That'd be kinda cool ...

MM
~~:hmmm:

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Yeah. So what? What's that got to do with it? I think the Chiefs are favorites to go to the superbowl this year. There are not a 1-3 team, and didn't look like it when they played Baltimore on Monday night. I think it'll be either Kansas City or New England as the favorites to come out of the AFC. The best thing that coulda happened to Kansas City was when they hired Gunther Cunningham to run their defense. I really like what there doing with there defense, they brought back the same 11 guys, doing different things in a new scheme, with other guys helping out. Imo, I think Gunther Cunningham will be the best free-agent acquisition in the NFL this year. And nobody will know about it till the end of this year.
[??] what does this have to do with Madden being in a chiefs forum? [/??]

bricks
10-15-2004, 12:48 PM
[??] what does this have to do with Madden being in a chiefs forum? [/??]

Well, I like the Chiefs. I like them to go to the bowl, and want to celebrate with the fans on this forum.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 12:48 PM
I like Madden commentating because it makes me feel like a genius.

Nightfyre
10-15-2004, 12:49 PM
Well, I like the Chiefs. I like them to go to the bowl, and want to celebrate with the fans on this forum.
I was just saying that John Madden would not prowl a chiefs board because he was a chief-hater(raider)