PDA

View Full Version : Tech: Computer Monitor Repair

Mr. Laz
10-15-2004, 03:46 PM
where in the hell can you get a monitor repaired these days???

called around KC... Computer places, Electronic Places... they all do repairs, but none work on computer monitors.

they all say since monitors have gotten cheaper there's no business in it.

my monitor picture etc is fine... it's just the d@m buttons on the front that are sticking.

anyone around KC know a business that actually repairs monitors??

thanks for your time

Saulbadguy
10-15-2004, 03:48 PM
I'd just take the front panel off yourself and try to unstick the buttons. Just don't get near the back, and don't touch that copper coil of wire. Actually, don't touch anything in the back. Just touch the front.

ENDelt260
10-15-2004, 03:48 PM
Sticky buttons on the front of your monitor, huh?

The jokes just kinda write themselves here.

Phobia
10-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Open your monitor. See the tube? At the butt end of the tube is a piece of pliable rubber. Stick your fingers in there and pry it up. That should take care of all your problems.

KC Jones
10-15-2004, 04:28 PM
butt ... tube ... pliable ... rubber ... Stick ... fingers ... up ... problems

:hmmm:

Are we sure we're still talking about monitors?

Count Alex's Losses
10-15-2004, 04:31 PM
Open your monitor. See the tube? At the butt end of the tube is a piece of pliable rubber. Stick your fingers in there and pry it up. That should take care of all your problems.

ROFL

Braincase
10-15-2004, 04:36 PM

Damn Phob. You tryin' to get somebody kilt?!?!?!?

LAZ! DO NOT OPEN THE BACK OF THE COMPUTER MONITOR!

Now just go take yourself a nice warm bath, and take that big ol' jambox with you, just prop it up there precariously on the corner of the vanity...

Ghostof
10-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Did you call

Micro Center

at 95th and Metcalf?

Ghostof
10-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Wait

nm

"my monitor picture etc is fine... it's just the d@m buttons on the front that are sticking."

um, uh..

Braincase
10-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Wait

nm

"my monitor picture etc is fine... it's just the d@m buttons on the front that are sticking."

um, uh..

Sir, that's the picture of the monitor on the card board box it came in...

penguinz
10-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Did you call

Micro Center

at 95th and Metcalf?
Microcenter does not repair monitors.

It really is not worth the money to have one repaired. I took a 17" in to have it fixed about 1 1/2 years ago and it was a flat fee of $125.00 to get it fixed. Not much less than a new one.

Hydrae
10-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I recently bought a used 15" monitor for $20.00. Why would you worry about repairing such a thing.

Besides, if it is just the buttons sticking what is the worry? Do you really make adjustments to the monitor all that often?

Phobia
10-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Damn Phob. You tryin' to get somebody kilt?!?!?!?

Nah - assuming he unplugs the thing, the jolt is only enough to knock you to the group and make your penis tingle for a while. It's actually a pretty cheap thrill.

Skip Towne
10-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Nah - assuming he unplugs the thing, the jolt is only enough to knock you to the group and make your penis tingle for a while. It's actually a pretty cheap thrill.
And if he leaves it plugged in he'll get 40,000 vdc.

Phobia
10-15-2004, 08:55 PM

Oops - "ground" not group.