PDA

View Full Version : JAGS lose another DL. Priest is going to have a career day

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 07:56 AM
October 15, 2004
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars now have lost both starting defensive ends for the season.

The Jags placed Lionel Barnes on injured reserve Friday with a shoulder injury. Barnes hurt his shoulder Sept. 19 against Denver. He missed one game but returned to the starting lineup two weeks ago against Indianapolis. He did not play last week at San Diego.

Paul Spicer, who started the first two games opposite Barnes, was lost for the season with a knee injury.

Without Barnes and Spicer, coach Jack Del Rio moved Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud to end against the Chargers. San Diego ran for 176 yards against Jacksonville's vaunted defense, mostly up the middle.

The Jags have tried to solidify their defensive line as they prepare to host Kansas City on Sunday.

They claimed defensive end Elton Patterson off Cincinnati's practice squad Friday and signed him to a contract. The Jaguars also re-signed defensive lineman Derrick Ransom, who they cut Sept. 5.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-j...ov=ap&type=lgns

b-squared
10-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Should bode well for the passing attack as well. You got to figure with people playing out of position and less experience on the field, the blitz packages are going to be smaller and more basic.

bdb

Ari Chi3fs
10-16-2004, 08:26 AM
i dont feel confortable jinxing Priest... however, I do hope he can throw up some yardage.

It should be an interesting game... with those injuries their d is definately not Week 1-3 Jag D...

Braincase
10-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Roaf & Welborne are going to annihilate that line.

AirForceChief
10-16-2004, 09:09 AM
If they continue to use Stroud on the end, and we continue to pull to the outside, he could wear down by early second half...I already read he wasn't happy playing end, got to wear a big man down more than staying at tackle.

Crush
10-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Do not jinx the priest!!!

Rausch
10-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Do not jinx the priest!!!

You can't jinx Priest.

He can walk on water and outplay Mike Peterson while balancing a pickle on his pecker and curing cancer! :cuss:

bricks
10-16-2004, 09:59 AM
You can't jinx Priest.

He can walk on water and outplay Mike Peterson while balancing a pickle on his pecker and curing cancer! :cuss:

ROFL that was funny. I like the walk on water part, What is he? Jesus! ROFL

KCWolfman
10-16-2004, 10:16 AM
You can't jinx Priest.

Nice. BTW, skip the pickle part

Calcountry
10-16-2004, 10:29 AM
You can't jinx Priest.

There you go again, caught you with your hand in the pickle pecker jar.