PDA

View Full Version : Super Size Me: "The Smoking Fry" Experiement

jAZ
10-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Has anyone watched the DVD of "Super Size Me"?

Do you know what the explanation is for what happened (or didn't happen) to the McD's fry's?

PrimeTime21
10-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Is the Movie good?

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 12:55 PM
they don't know. after 10 weeks the intern threw out the fries because of the smell.

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 12:58 PM
Is the Movie good?

Yeah it was. It has some pretty funny moments. kids recognizing "wendy" but not George Washington. Some interesting facts. But I think its good because it was real. You can see the guy distengrating and his life getting messed up just from eating McDonalds.

BTW, how can that one guy who has eaten 19,000 Big Macs still be skinny?

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2004, 12:59 PM
That movie I heard is so stupid. If you can't eat a super size meal from McD's, that is pretty sad. All they do is give you a bigger soda and more fires, its not like they make the sandwich bigger.

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 01:04 PM
That movie I heard is so stupid. If you can't eat a super size meal from McD's, that is pretty sad. All they do is give you a bigger soda and more fires, its not like they make the sandwich bigger.
If youv'e ever met me you'd know that I'd have no problem eating 2 super size meals.:harumph:

The guy has an agenda just like most people that make documentaries. His girlfriend is a vegan cook. He's kind of skinny. It's not news. It's not suppose to be unbaised just because its a documentary (ex. Michael Moore's documentary) And I would agree it has some very stupid moments. But worthy od a hour and half of your life sometime just for the entertainment vlaue combined with maybe stimulating a discussion about the issues it raised.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2004, 01:10 PM
If youv'e ever met me you'd know that I'd have no problem eating 2 super size meals.:harumph:

The guy has an agenda just like most people that make documentaries. His girlfriend is a vegan cook. He's kind of skinny. It's not news. It's not suppose to be unbaised just because its a documentary (ex. Michael Moore's documentary) And I would agree it has some very stupid moments. But worthy od a hour and half of your life sometime just for the entertainment vlaue combined with maybe stimulating a discussion about the issues it raised.

I liked it...I thought it was pretty well made. It kinda of made me feel quesy though, like when he threw up after eating a super sized meal. One of the more disturbing aspects of how is health declined was how his sex life went down the tubes..

laser1972
10-16-2004, 04:04 PM
I watched it, its a pretty good flick.. Only problem with the experiment is that he has NEVER ate fast food before, his girlfriend is a health nut and vegan so going from that to eating McD's for a solid month (and trying EVERYTHING) in the menu would surely mess with your system..

He does gain weight, lose energy, etc.. But he rarely exercises, pretty much eats and sleeps.. The reason kids can eat this stuff and not get sick etc, is b/c they are hiper anyway and seem to burn right thru the stuff..

I eat McD's 1-2 times a week and i am not overweight, mainly b/c i don't drink pop unless its Diet and i do workout 3 times a week at the gym..

The main reason for the movie is b/c McD's were sued by fat people claiming McD's knew of the health risks associated with their food and fat content etc.. its a choice people, not like the sh** can be good for you everyday of the week.. Its funny how they describe the making of a Mc Nugget (I will never eat those again!)....

Worth a rental in my book... But i am still eating 1-2 time a week there, just not the McNugget or the FISH

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2004, 04:06 PM

I hear you on that, I normally do that as well.

David.
10-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I hear you on that, I normally do that as well.

jesus, how?!

Deberg_1990
10-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Its funny how they describe the making of a Mc Nugget (I will never eat those again!)....

Your right about that..I wouldnt feed those things to my dog. In fact..id rather eat my dogs poop before i ever eat another one of those things....probably better for you anyways...

David.
10-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Your right about that..I wouldnt feed those things to my dog. In fact..id rather eat my dogs poop before i ever eat another one of those things....probably better for you anyways...

uh...I think I'll stick with the chicken nugget. You can have the dog poop. :p

Donger
10-16-2004, 04:14 PM
I once ate a dozen Big Macs in one evening.

The result was unlpeasant.

ChiefsCountry
10-16-2004, 04:17 PM
jesus, how?!

I dunno, I have a high metabolism. And being 6'4 220 helps.

Baby Lee
10-16-2004, 04:36 PM
And people say being fat is about discipline. If I ate 2 Big Macs in the same month, I couldn't diet enough to keep it off.

Otter
10-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Worth a rental in my book... But i am still eating 1-2 time a week there, just not the McNugget or the FISH

Ok, why not the McNuggets?

I'm lucky if I eat at McDonalds once every 3 months but when I do it's the McNuggets because that's the only thing on the menu I like.

Their burgers suck.

Count Zarth
10-16-2004, 04:43 PM
I never at at McDonalds. Their food is shit.

However, I really enjoyed this film. It was a fascinating experiment.

Demonpenz
10-16-2004, 04:44 PM
I never at at McDonalds. Their food is shit.

However, I really enjoyed this film. It was a fascinating experiment.

you are what you don't eat

Count Zarth
10-16-2004, 04:48 PM
you are what you don't eat

WTF?

2bikemike
10-16-2004, 05:12 PM
IMHO it would be a waste of an Hour and a half to sit and watch this rediculous movie.

I also can't stand McD's. Its just bad food. If I am going to eat a burger I want a good burger. I pretty much avoid fast food restaruants. However I do have a weakness for fast food mexican shops here in the area. And they are nothing like Taco Bell. Carne Asada burritos at about $3 are pretty damn good and are quite filling.

Ultra Peanut
10-16-2004, 05:32 PM
I've always found arson to be a profession that is both challenging and rewarding.

BigRedChief
10-16-2004, 07:12 PM

6'3" 340 lbs here. I can skip lunch and lose 20 lbs.....But I can also gain 20 lbs on a good Chiefs tailgating Sunday.

I really don't eat at McDonalds. Can't stand them. Except for the fries and now after the smoking fries experiement..:mad:

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Good movie. I believe the guy's old lady was a vegan but he wasn't. She didn't approve of him going on the Mc Donalds diet.

listopencil
10-16-2004, 07:32 PM
No one ever said this crap was health food, people. It's convenient. That's it. Taco Bell tried making healthy food before. They called it the "Light Menu". No one would buy it. They even tried giving it away and couldn't deplete the stock before it went bad. It's all well and good for some vegan and her pussy-whipped significant other to whine, piss and moan about it but McD's gives the public what it wants. That's why they make a load of money.

Redcoats58
10-16-2004, 07:41 PM
No one ever said this crap was health food, people. It's convenient. That's it. Taco Bell tried making healthy food before. They called it the "Light Menu". No one would buy it. They even tried giving it away and couldn't deplete the stock before it went bad. It's all well and good for some vegan and her pussy-whipped significant other to whine, piss and moan about it but McD's gives the public what it wants. That's why they make a load of money.
He wasn't trying to pass it off as healthy. The shocking thing about that movie to me wasn't his weight gain it was the other things that were going wrong with him, which was pretty shocking for only a 30 day experiment. I also wanted to note that the fries in a jar was pretty freaky also. It makes me think they don't even use potatoes to make them.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2004, 07:42 PM
He wasn't trying to pass it off as healthy. The shocking thing about that movie to me wasn't his weight gain it was the other things that were going wrong with him, which was pretty shocking for only a 30 day experiment. I also wanted to note that the fries in a jar was pretty freaky also. It makes me think they don't even use potatoes to make them.

Yea..his sex life went down the tubes because he was tired all the time....

listopencil
10-16-2004, 10:48 PM

I haven't actually seen the movie, I get the impression that this guy lived off of McD's for thirty days. Not good. It isn't meant to be a good diet in and of itself. If you were to make the same stuff at home and live off of it the same thing would happen. You might not get as many preservatives, that would be your only break. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the guy develop some serious problems.

Rausch
10-17-2004, 07:58 AM
And people say being fat is about discipline. If I ate 2 Big Macs in the same month, I couldn't diet enough to keep it off.

McD's is pretty much all I ate during the main stretch of my carb diet. Lost 65 lbs eating the $#it outta' fast food... :)

Rain Man
10-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Is it too much to expect that in 30 posts someone might explain what the french fry experiment was?

Ari Chi3fs
10-17-2004, 10:43 AM
im capturing the torrent file of this... now that it is out of DVD someone made a copy that wasnt Good WIll Hunting.

BigRedChief
10-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Is it too much to expect that in 30 posts someone might explain what the french fry experiment was?
He bought some bigmac, quarter pounders etc and some fries. He put them in sealed glass containers and just saw what happeed. After a couple of weeks the burgers were all moldy and ozzing some kind of liquid....but the fries looked as fresh as the day he bought them...4 weeks later the same thing...8 weeks later same thing...10 weeks later they still look as fresh as the day he bought them. No degration at all. An intern mistakenly threw them out after 10 weeks.

Rain Man
10-17-2004, 10:56 AM
He bought some bigmac, quarter pounders etc and some fries. He put them in sealed glass containers and just saw what happeed. After a couple of weeks the burgers were all moldy and ozzing some kind of liquid....but the fries looked as fresh as the day he bought them...4 weeks later the same thing...8 weeks later same thing...10 weeks later they still look as fresh as the day he bought them. No degration at all. An intern mistakenly threw them out after 10 weeks.

Fascinating. So French Fries could be used on Mars missions.