PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie - cover singer

Baby Lee
10-16-2004, 03:20 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=689&e=2&u=/nm/20041016/music_nm/music_osbourne_dc

Ozzy Osbourne has returned to his satanic roots by recording a version of the Rolling Stones' "Sympathy for the Devil" for an upcoming covers CD.

The disc, one of four to be featured in a boxed set due next February, also includes fresh takes on the Beatles' "In My Life," King Crimson's "21st Century Schizoid Man" and Arthur Brown's "Fire," Osbourne told Reuters in an interview at his Beverly Hills home on Thursday.

Mott the Hoople singer Ian Hunter shares vocals with Osbourne on the glam band's signature song "All the Young Dudes." Leslie West reprises his guitar work on power trio Mountain's "Mississippi Queen," and he "still absolutely kicks ass," Osbourne said.

The three other discs will include demos, rarities and outtakes from Osbourne's solo career, which began after he was kicked out of the pioneering heavy metal band Black Sabbath in 1978.

Bowser
10-16-2004, 03:23 PM
How the mighty have fallen. Mott the Hoople? :shake:

Baby Lee
10-16-2004, 03:24 PM
How the mighty have fallen. Mott the Hoople? :shake:
I hope they don't sully the timeless perfection that is "Mississippi Queen." Do it RIGHT Ozzie.

Bowser
10-16-2004, 03:28 PM
It can't be any worse than when Ozzy covered "Staying Alive", can it?

ROFL

Braincase
10-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Ozzie Sings Madonna... "Borderline".... "Like a Virgin"... and of course "Papa Don't Preach"...

BIG_DADDY
10-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Ozzie is getting pretty damn old and his performances have been slipping for awhile now. He will go down in history as the biggest metal musician of all time if he doesn't produce a bunch of silly shit now. Personally I think he might have one more Ozzfest tour in him before he should probably hang it up. Ozzy likes performing though so I don't see the crazy bastage stopping till people quit coming or god takes him out of this world.