PDA

View Full Version : Kerry/DNC Plan Calls For Unlawful Vote Gathering In Florida

RINGLEADER
10-17-2004, 06:05 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc47.htm

I hope they strike every single vote that these bundlers deliver.

Hel'n
10-17-2004, 06:08 PM
If I were either the DNC or the RNC I would be watching Florida like a hawk...

RINGLEADER
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM

Well, I'm sure they're going to be watching both sides on every state...but I still can't figure out why the Dems keep writing all this crap down in memos.

unlurking
10-17-2004, 06:13 PM
NO PARTY should be allowed to touch anyone's vote. This is wrong.

the Talking Can
10-17-2004, 06:16 PM
umm...according to Florida law it is legal...did I read that wrong? or is this typical Drudge stuff?

Cochise
10-17-2004, 06:20 PM
umm...according to Florida law it is legal...did I read that wrong? or is this typical Drudge stuff?

A designee may pick up an absentee ballot for a voter on election day or 4 days before election day. A designee may only pick up two absentee ballots per election, other than his or her own ballot or ballots for members of his or her immediate family. Designees must have written authorization from the voter, present a picture I.D. and sign an affidavit. Candidates may pick up absentee ballots only for members of their immediate family.

unlurking
10-17-2004, 06:20 PM
I believe it said it is legal, but one person can ONLY collect 2 others and must provide written authorization from the voter and sign an affidavit.

Drudge makes it sound like they're ringing the salvation army bell and collecting ballots left and right, or are going to.

Either way, I really don't think it is appropriate for a party affiliated volunteer to be doing this.

RINGLEADER
10-17-2004, 06:37 PM

Umm...no, according to Florida law it is NOT legal unless you're a relative or turning in no more than 2 votes per election that have been provided along with the necessary documentation (affadavit, etc.).

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/absenteevoting.shtml

Cochise
10-17-2004, 06:39 PM
So between this and their planned allegations of fraud even if none exists, what in the Florida Victory 2004 book is legal?

unlurking
10-17-2004, 06:40 PM
So between this and their planned allegations of fraud even if none exists, what in the Florida Victory 2004 book is legal?
Why don't we just flip a coin for Florida?

:)

the Talking Can
10-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Umm...no, according to Florida law it is NOT legal unless you're a relative or turning in no more than 2 votes per election that have been provided along with the necessary documentation (affadavit, etc.).

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/absenteevoting.shtml

in other words, it is legal....just follow the rules....so why the scare tactics?

the Talking Can
10-18-2004, 06:28 AM
is this the kind of lies Drudge is going to print every day until the election?

jcl-kcfan2
10-18-2004, 10:52 AM
"A designee may pick up an absentee ballot for a voter on election day or 4 days before election day. A designee may only pick up two absentee ballots per election, other than his or her own ballot or ballots for members of his or her immediate family. Designees must have written authorization from the voter, present a picture I.D. and sign an affidavit. Candidates may pick up absentee ballots only for members of their immediate family."

If you think they have one person for every 2 ballots they pick up, I got some prime property to sell you.

redbrian
10-18-2004, 10:56 AM

What about Chicago, St. Louis, Arizona, and all the other places which had problems?