PDA

View Full Version : I finally watched it!

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Fahrenheit 9/11!

I can sum this flick up in 3 words. Absurd/Boring/Propaganda

BigMeatballDave
10-17-2004, 10:54 PM
I cannot find it possible to believe ANYONE could take all this shit as FACT! I thought it was just gonna piss me off, but I laughed at most of it. Leftist propaganda, thats all it was. Twisted to fit his agenda. One area that did upset me was how he puts some of the GIs in a bad light. He somewhat vilifies them...

nychief
10-17-2004, 11:08 PM
IOne area that did upset me was how he puts some of the GIs in a bad light. He somewhat vilifies them...

How so?

Duck Dog
10-18-2004, 07:42 AM
Fahrenheit 9/11!

I can sum this flick up in 3 words. Absurd/Boring/Propaganda

My boss's girlfriend watched it. She is a Bush basher and a liberal. She doesn't keep up on world events that much, but even she said it was ridiculous and hard to believe much or any of it.

Duck Dog
10-18-2004, 07:44 AM
One area that did upset me was how he puts some of the GIs in a bad light. He somewhat vilifies them...

It's what liberals do now. You see, it's unacceptable for them to spit on them and call them baby killers, so they have guys like Moore do it a little differently.

Saulbadguy
10-18-2004, 07:46 AM
I'm a Bush basher, and a liberal. Much of it was just conspiracy theories woven to fit the film makers agenda. Its still worth watching once IMO.

Radar Chief
10-18-2004, 08:14 AM
How so?

He portrays them as ruthless killers. One scene has interviews with soldiers talking about the music they listened to while attacking Baghdad, since music can be piped into the communications system on an M-1 tank. One said they blasted “Let the bodies hit the floor” while another said they played “The roof is on fire” since, “this is pretty much what we did” and goes on to show this soldier singing, “let the mother fugger burn, burn mother fugger, burn.”
Just saw it for myself weekend before last.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm a Bush basher, and a liberal. Much of it was just conspiracy theories woven to fit the film makers agenda. Its still worth watching once IMO.Thanks for your honesty, Saul...
:thumb:

Saulbadguy
10-18-2004, 08:38 AM
I just find it amusing how much attention Moore has gotten for this film. He is doing exactly what he wanted to do, get attention. Do some people believe it all? Sure...but who cares?

I was at work and my co-workers were all talking politics. I usually stay out of these conversations as i'm the only liberal in the office. They were bashing Michael Moore, saying he is a traitor, commited treason, etc...I decide to chime in and say "For what, making a movie?"...I then respond later with "All Michael Moore is is the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh", and what do I get back, "Well, Rush Limbaugh doesn't lie". I roll my eyes and get back to work.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2004, 08:43 AM
I just find it amusing how much attention Moore has gotten for this film. He is doing exactly what he wanted to do, get attention. Do some people believe it all? Sure...but who cares?

You're right. He also hoped it would change peoples minds about Bush. It failed. I do, however, have to give the guy credit. He made a truckload of money from this...

Saulbadguy
10-18-2004, 08:45 AM
You're right. He also hoped it would change peoples minds about Bush. It failed. I do, however, have to give the guy credit. He made a truckload of money from this...
Most people already had their mind made up. Most Bush supporters wanted no part of this movie, and will not watch it. I went to see it because I dislike Bush, of course. I don't see the big deal either way, its just a movie.

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Most people already had their mind made up. Most Bush supporters wanted no part of this movie, and will not watch it. I went to see it because I dislike Bush, of course. I don't see the big deal either way, its just a movie.I wanted to watch it. I just didn't want to pay to see it in a theatre. Are you going to see Celsius 41.11? I'll wait for the DVD...

Saulbadguy
10-18-2004, 08:51 AM
I wanted to watch it. I just didn't want to pay to see it in a theatre. Are you going to see Celsius 41.11? I'll wait for the DVD...
Will it be in theaters? I might.

Loki
10-18-2004, 09:00 AM
still haven't seen it yet.

don't know if i care to or not.

Radar Chief
10-18-2004, 09:01 AM
"All Michael Moore is is the liberal version of Rush Limbaugh", and what do I get back, "Well, Rush Limbaugh doesn't lie". I roll my eyes and get back to work.

:LOL:

BigMeatballDave
10-18-2004, 09:03 AM
Will it be in theaters? I might.Yup. http://www.celsius4111.com/