PDA

View Full Version : Damn I've got the flu

OldTownChief
10-18-2004, 10:40 PM
Now I will die because Bush didn't save me. Oh the horror........

Bearcat2005
10-19-2004, 01:05 AM
i got a papercut today..damn Bush!

Pants
10-19-2004, 01:10 AM
It's nice when you are a strong, grown man. I wanna see what you will say when you are 70 and the plain cold can bring you down for 3 months. Or when your 3 year old gets sick. You're so ignorant, it's fvcking rediculous. That seems to be true of many Bush supporters (notice I didn't say "all").

Donger
10-19-2004, 08:35 AM
It's nice when you are a strong, grown man. I wanna see what you will say when you are 70 and the plain cold can bring you down for 3 months. Or when your 3 year old gets sick. You're so ignorant, it's fvcking rediculous. That seems to be true of many Bush supporters (notice I didn't say "all").

Do you think that the shortage of flu vaccine is President Bush's fault?

Cochise
10-19-2004, 08:38 AM
Damnit Bush! :cuss:

Lzen
10-19-2004, 08:56 AM
You're so ignorant, it's fvcking rediculous.

ROFL Pot meet kettle.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 08:57 AM
This coffee sucks. I bet it's because Bush only lets Halliburton have the good coffee.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 08:58 AM
And damnit, beer is too expensive. I bet it's because Bush won't let us import cheap beer from Canada.

memyselfI
10-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Hopefully your 'death' will happen before Nov. 2...as every vote counts. Having said that, been nice knowin ya. RIP.

;)

6 Iron
10-19-2004, 10:38 AM

1) Influenza is not "nice" for anyone. Often, people will say they have the flu, when in fact, they have a cold.

2) A cold will not bring a 70 year old man down for 3 months. If you are 70, and have been feeling badly for 3 months, particularly with respiratory complaints, see your doctor. It is not just a "cold".

3) 3 year old children do well responding to most viral infections. Infants, like the elderly, however, have more complications.

4) This was clearly a joke, with reference to Kerry's claim that the vaccine shortage is due to Bush.

5) Anyone screaming about the ignorance of others with this many errors in fact is (sic) rediculous.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Hopefully your 'death' will happen before Nov. 2...as every vote counts. Having said that, been nice knowin ya. RIP.

;)
While that would be detrimental to the Reps, I heard that it doesn't even stop the Dems from voting.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 11:45 AM
When Kerry is POTUS the vaccines will flow like wine from the clouds, the crippled will walk, the blind will see, and manna will bless the starving masses.

Cannibal
10-19-2004, 12:02 PM

We can only hope.

Cannibal
10-19-2004, 12:04 PM
When Kerry is POTUS the vaccines will flow like wine from the clouds, the crippled will walk, the blind will see, and manna will bless the starving masses.

ROFL

ENDelt260
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
While that would be detrimental to the Reps, I heard that it doesn't even stop the Dems from voting.
Har har.

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't believe in flu vaccinations myself, but that's because I like to let my body do its work on its own.

I simply didn't like the fact that Bush kinda disregarded people's concerns. I don't know whether the vaccinations help or not in all cases (I'm sure they do in some cases), I'm no doctor, but the President's job is to face the problem not to disregard it and make fun of it instead.

And 6 iron, it is ignorant to make fun of poeple who consider flu shots as helpful and important precautions just because you don't believe in the fact yourself.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
SIGH how exactly did Bush contribute to the shortage of these when the cause of it is contamination at a factory in England.

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:09 PM
SIGH how exactly did Bush contribute to the shortage of these when the cause of it is contamination at a factory in England.

Like always you try to shove some BS in my mouth. When did I ever fvcking say he contributed to the problem. I swear to god, some people here...

All I said he should face the problem and do something to help instead of doing his trademark "I'm retarded -- it's not easy" smirk and try to joke about it.

Donger
10-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Like always you try to shove some BS in my mouth. When did I ever fvcking say he contributed to the problem. I swear to god, some people here...

All I said he should face the problem and do something to help instead of doing his trademark "I'm retarded -- it's not easy" smirk and try to joke about it.

You mean like this?

More flu shots will be available in January

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Drug maker Aventis-Pasteur has found an additional 2.6 million doses of flu vaccine that it will deliver to the United States in January, Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson said Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/19/bush.flu/index.html

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah like that... but it's kinda late since Bush already showed what he thinks of the whole deal. How the hell can anyone support that dude?

Cochise
10-19-2004, 04:15 PM

So what would you propose he do about the problem? Pull a few million doses out of his ass?

Donger
10-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Yeah like that... but it's kinda late since Bush already showed what he thinks of the whole deal. How the hell can anyone support that dude?

What he showed was his frustration over the fact that no American company in its right mind would even consider manufacturing the vaccine.

Donger
10-19-2004, 04:20 PM
So what would you propose he do about the problem? Pull a few million doses out of his ass?

Close. France.

ENDelt260
10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
He should "feel their pain".

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:26 PM
What he showed was his frustration over the fact that no American company in its right mind would even consider manufacturing the vaccine.

So I'm guessing you didn't see the 3rd Presidential Debate... it's OK, I understand.

Donger
10-19-2004, 04:26 PM
So I'm guessing you didn't see the 3rd Presidential Debate... it's OK, I understand.

No, I saw it.

Brock
10-19-2004, 04:28 PM
When John Kerry is president, Christopher Reeve won't get the flu.

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:29 PM

Attempt at being funny?

Soupnazi
10-19-2004, 04:32 PM

Actually, he said that it's a tough situation, and recommended those that didn't need a shot don't get a shot. I never heard him disregard it or make fun of it.

It's called conservation. You liberals are big on that, it should've hit home real well with you.

He also mentioned that we're working with companies around the world to get something done about it, and lo and behold, it got done.

What do you want him to do, come give you a hug? For god's sake already, just 'cause he didn't stand at the bully pulpit and yammer on and on about it, he's not doing anything?

This is about the most jackassinine thing in the world to complain about...a company screws up and you're blaming Bush for what he said about it...then it gets fixed...you're still complaining.

Take the tampon out already...I think you're overdue.

Brock
10-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Attempt at being funny?

Attempt at being intelligent?

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Actually, he said that it's a tough situation, and recommended those that didn't need a shot don't get a shot. I never heard him disregard it or make fun of it.

It's called conservation. You liberals are big on that, it should've hit home real well with you.

He also mentioned that we're working with companies around the world to get something done about it, and lo and behold, it got done.

What do you want him to do, come give you a hug? For god's sake already, just 'cause he didn't stand at the bully pulpit and yammer on and on about it, he's not doing anything?

This is about the most jackassinine thing in the world to complain about...a company screws up and you're blaming Bush for what he said about it...then it gets fixed...you're still complaining.

Take the tampon out already...I think you're overdue.

Oh OK, he said that? I didn't actually see the debate, LMAO.

Donger
10-19-2004, 04:37 PM

Here's what President Bush said:

BUSH: Bob, we relied upon a company out of England to provide about half of the flu vaccines for the United States citizen, and it turned out that the vaccine they were producing was contaminated. And so we took the right action and didn't allow contaminated medicine into our country.

We're working with Canada to hopefully -- that they'll produce a -- help us realize the vaccine necessary to make sure our citizens have got flu vaccinations during this upcoming season.

My call to our fellow Americans is if you're healthy, if you're younger, don't get a flu shot this year. Help us prioritize those who need to get the flu shot, the elderly and the young.

The CDC, responsible for health in the United States, is setting those priorities and is allocating the flu vaccine accordingly.

I haven't gotten a flu shot, and I don't intend to because I want to make sure those who are most vulnerable get treated.

We have a problem with litigation in the United States of America. Vaccine manufacturers are worried about getting sued, and therefore they have backed off from providing this kind of vaccine.

One of the reasons I'm such a strong believer in legal reform is so that people aren't afraid of producing a product that is necessary for the health of our citizens and then end up getting sued in a court of law.

But the best thing we can do now, Bob, given the circumstances with the company in England is for those of us who are younger and healthy, don't get a flu shot.

Soupnazi
10-19-2004, 04:40 PM

Pants
10-19-2004, 04:46 PM
That's why I said I understanded (understood), thanks for quoting.

I did see the part where Bush smirked and said he didn't get the shot.

Soupnazi
10-19-2004, 04:48 PM
That's why I said I understanded (understood), thanks for quoting.

I did see the part where Bush smirked and said he didn't get the shot.

Ahhh, yes. Smirking=bad. Demagoguery on the campaign trail=good.

OldTownChief
10-19-2004, 05:54 PM

;)

I am proud to say that my state (Kansas) will make the right choice with or without my vote.

MadMax
10-19-2004, 08:15 PM

Damn, I'd say your mouth was WIDE open for the shoving. :thumb: :shake: What say you????

Saulbadguy
10-19-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm doing exactly what President Bush is doing, and encouraged many to do:

If you don't need it, don't get it. People around my office perked up when someone said "they are giving flu shots at _____ for only $10", and then ran out the door so they could get em, whilest i've heard of elderly having to wait 6 hours in line to get theirs.

Actually, I don't care. I've never gotten a shot, i've never gotten the flu, and I don't really like shots that much.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2004, 08:35 PM

Now THAT'S gold.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Like always you try to shove some BS in my mouth. .

How could anybody fit anything in your mouth?

It'd be way too tough to get it past the foot that seems be the main tenant in that space.

KCWolfman
10-20-2004, 12:26 AM
I don't believe in flu vaccinations myself, but that's because I like to let my body do its work on its own.

Well, then, they musn't exist if you don't believe in them.

KCWolfman
10-20-2004, 12:28 AM
Horribly crass - which is hilarious, IMO.

Lzen
10-20-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow, all I can say is wow. Metro must be a real glutton for punishment. Kinda like mememe's sidekick. ROFL

Pants
10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
All I ever fvkcing said was that Bush didn't act like a President should have when he was confronted with the questions (I was proven wrong).

It was you, my dear BB pundits, to assume that I believed it was Bush's fault that there were no vaccines, I never said anything like that. But I'm kind of used to seeing shit get tiwsted here to fit someone's cause.

Cochise
10-20-2004, 04:13 PM
All I ever fvkcing said was that Bush didn't act like a President should have when he was confronted with the questions (I was proven wrong).

He didn't act like a president in the debate you didn't see?

He said they were working on it and it got done. And here you are pissing and moaning because you didn't like his facial expressions. Take the stick out of your ass and quit searching for something to complain about :rolleyes:

Pants
10-20-2004, 05:08 PM
He didn't act like a president in the debate you didn't see?

He said they were working on it and it got done. And here you are pissing and moaning because you didn't like his facial expressions. Take the stick out of your ass and quit searching for something to complain about :rolleyes:

I guess you didn't see the "I was proven wrong". God do you actually read what I post?

I was bitching about you putting words in my mouth. Fvckin-a man, I'm getting tired of this bullshit.

Calcountry
10-20-2004, 06:07 PM
You fugged up! You trusted him.
:p

Ugly Duck
10-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Now I will die because Bush didn't save me. Oh the horror........Just try to hang on till voting day so you can vote against him. I hope that you can make it to the booth before you expire.... maybe call the Dem campaign workers, they'll drive you!

Lzen
10-21-2004, 09:36 AM
... maybe call the Dem campaign workers, they'll drive you!

Or vote for you after you're dead.

Cochise
10-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Or vote for you after you're dead.

A lot of people who have been dead for 40 years are still going to make it to the polls this time around.