PDA

View Full Version : Bush trying to STEAL 17 Kerry electoral votes?

Frankie
10-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Look at Michigan's absentee ballot. :shake:
Can you say........ FLORIDA?!!

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=9291&fcategory_desc=Under%20Reported

Donger
10-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Firstly, who created and approved this ballot?

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Where does GWB find the time to print these ballots?

Donger
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Hello Willie,
Greetings: This is in response to our recent email inquiry.

The ballot printing error is confined to a single precinct in
Michigan. A very limited number of absentee ballots containing the
error were released before the error was spotted as explained below.

On Monday, September 27, the clerk of the City of Alma received her
ballots from her printer and filled her AV ballot requests.

On Tuesday, a voter called the clerk to advise that she had spotted a
printing error. The error: the arrows corresponding to the presidential
candidates were shifted down one position. As a result, there is no
arrow pointing to Bush/Cheney - and there is an extra arrow hanging
off the bottom of the list. (The extra arrow points to the heading
for the U.S. House race).

The error is confined to one precinct (Precinct #1) in the City of
Alma. The clerk further advised that the ballot containing the error
was sent to a total of 69 voters.

After learning of the error, the clerk contacted the printer and
the Bureau of Elections. Arrangements have been made to reissue
replacement ballots to the 69 voters as soon as corrected ballots can
be obtained. The printer has advised the clerk to expect delivery on
Monday, October 4.

Thank you for writing. Please do not hesitate to call this office if
you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Michigan Department of State

Cochise
10-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Silly me, and I thought that ballots were submitted to both parties for approval well in advance of the election.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 10:22 AM
and BTW I would like to point out that implict in Crankie's post is his acknowledgement that Republican voters are smart enough to figure it out but Democrats aren't.

2bikemike
10-19-2004, 10:23 AM

http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=9291&fcategory_desc=Under%20Reported

Can you say Paranoia!

RINGLEADER
10-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Can you say Paranoia!

No doubt.

I don't think Kerry/Dems will concede no matter what the results are. There will be some reason that Bush has stolen the election...it's just not possible that Bush could actually get more votes from the Protester-In-Chief.

Chief Henry
10-19-2004, 10:43 AM

Hey Frankie, if you keep posting this nonsense, your going to keep
proving to us what we already think of you.

Chiefnj
10-19-2004, 10:47 AM
No doubt.

I don't think Kerry/Dems will concede no matter what the results are. There will be some reason that Bush has stolen the election...it's just not possible that Bush could actually get more votes from the Protester-In-Chief.

Yes, or no, do you think the ballot portrayed in this thread is problematic or not.

Baby Lee
10-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Yes, or no, do you think the ballot portrayed in this thread is problematic or not.
I looked it up in the dictionary, and to my surprise "problematic" doesn't have a single entry referring to "Bush trying to steal" anything.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 10:55 AM

They are too busy thinking of cheap spin and personal attacks to be worried about "OUR FREEDOM" which according to their candidate is the main reason the Middle Easterners "Hate" us. ROFL

Go figure.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 11:00 AM
I say again, doesn't Michigan submit the ballots ahead of time and either side has a certain peroid to protest the ballot?

BTW if you can't figure that ballot out you are probably about as smart as the stylus and shouldn't be voting anyway.

Bwana
10-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Yeah, thats' the ticket Franki. :rolleyes:

KCTitus
10-19-2004, 11:08 AM
This is terrible...I really want to be outraged by this and will vote Kerry if Frankie can provide the information which links the design of this document to Bush.

Donger
10-19-2004, 11:12 AM
They are too busy thinking of cheap spin and personal attacks to be worried about "OUR FREEDOM" which according to their candidate is the main reason the Middle Easterners "Hate" us. ROFL

Go figure.

Actually, many here have asked you to explain your reasoning.

Considering you've not provided that reasoning, I can only assume that you have none.

Therefore, who is "spinning?"

RINGLEADER
10-19-2004, 11:14 AM

Absolutely, yes.

Did they fix it? Absolutely, yes.

Was it's distribution enough to conclude a) It was distributed in a widespread manner, b) Bush was behind this, or c) It is an attempt to "steal" electoral votes? Hardly.

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 11:16 AM
1. Kerry left off ballot in Ohio
2. Kerry arrow a vote for Bush in Michigan

two weeks left people....

RINGLEADER
10-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Also, it's pretty clear that these ballots are part of the start-up of the printing process...they have to callibrate different colors at the start of the printing process to get the colors to land where they're supposed to land. They typically throw these first copies away as waste but it appears that some weren't.

If you've ever gotten a magazine or a catalog and the colors don't line up (making pictures look blurry) then you've seen the process I'm talking about.

RINGLEADER
10-19-2004, 11:20 AM

How many votes were impacted by these printing errors?

You probably think a million African Americans were prevented from voting last election, don't you?

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 11:24 AM

You probably think a million African Americans were prevented from voting last election, don't you?

of course republicans don't care about this...I never said you should

the rest of us remember that 500 votes determined the election in 2000

KCTitus
10-19-2004, 11:27 AM

I for one am encouraged at the left's care and outrage with regard to absentee ballots considering in the 2000 election they wanted absentee ballots not counted...

the Talking Can
10-19-2004, 11:32 AM
I for one am encouraged at the left's care and outrage with regard to absentee ballots considering in the 2000 election they wanted absentee ballots not counted...

republicans are funny

when they can't deal with the facts in front of them they all start to sound like wolfman ROFL

like I said, I never expected you to give a shit...you can relax

KCTitus
10-19-2004, 11:35 AM
republicans are funny

when they can't deal with the facts in front of them they all start to sound like wolfman ROFL

There are facts here? Ok, Ive already asked once...Im guessing Frankie's pulling the tape as we speak.

Im a simple man, just provide me with the information that proves that Bush created and then distributed this ballot.

Ive provided you with facts, like the lawsuit to get absentee ballots thrown out last election...and your response? Oddly, the thing you claim to despise--not being able to deal with them.

Talk about funny.

RINGLEADER
10-19-2004, 11:46 AM

They had a printing error, caught it, and fixed the problem. I don't think any of these ballots were actually cast were they? And, if not, what impact does their existence have on the election (other than to bring the Dems paranoia to the surface)?

From this Frankie lays the printing error at Bush's feet (like he's operating the printing press), claims that it's part of a plan to "steal" electoral votes and you claim that I don't care. I was asked if I thought the ballot had problems and said "yes". But if they caught the problem and none of the ballots were used what's the problem?

Frankie
10-19-2004, 11:52 AM
This is terrible...I really want to be outraged by this and will vote Kerry if Frankie can provide the information which links the design of this document to Bush.

Tell you what KCT, if that sweeps your guilty feeling under the rug, so be it. But with all due respect, your reply is nothing but a cop-out answer and a deflection. Don't go by this one case. But if my candidate was in power and there was WIDESPREAD evidence that he had people in a lot of crucial places doing dirty tricks for him, I would either vote for his opponent or not vote at all. SERIOUSLY. I would be feeling guilty about voting for him. But then again that's me and I am confident about MY integrity.

Donger
10-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Tell you what KCT, if that sweeps your guilty feeling under the rug, so be it. But with all due respect, your reply is nothing but a cop-out answer and a deflection. Don't go by this one case. But if my candidate was in power and there was WIDESPREAD evidence that he had people in a lot of crucial places doing dirty tricks for him, I would either vote for his opponent or not vote at all. SERIOUSLY. I would be feeling guilty about voting for him. But then again that's me and I am confident about MY integrity.

Simple question Frankie: Do you think that the Bush campaign was behind this?

If so, based upon what?

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:05 PM

How long before TC ties this outrage to yellowcake?

Frankie
10-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Actually, many here have asked you to explain your reasoning.

Considering you've not provided that reasoning, I can only assume that you have none.

Therefore, who is "spinning?"
Reasoning?... I have posted a ballot that is blatantly rigged. Deflect away Donga.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:06 PM
republicans are funny

Hell, you and Frankie are the ones tying a single misprint to 69 voters to the POTUS. I think you lost your credibility factor in the realm of "facts in front" of you on this one.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:08 PM
Reasoning?... I have posted a ballot that is blatantly rigged. Deflect away Donga.
Blatant - completely obvious, conspicuous, or obtrusive especially in a crass or offensive manner

Rigged - to manipulate or control usually by deceptive or dishonest means

There is nothing that suggests (let alone proves) either othat than wild speculation on your behalf.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 12:09 PM

You know TC? You should dedicate a separate thread to this and invite folks here to add to them as new indications of cheating pops up..

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:11 PM
You know TC? You should dedicate a separate thread to this and invite folks here to add to them as new indications of cheating pops up..
From both sides?

Chiefnj
10-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Where does GWB find the time to print these ballots?

He is on vacation a lot and doesn't spend any time reading newspapers.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 12:13 PM

How many more cases are there that they haven't been caught cheating? :shrug: This is smoke. Could there be fire? Do you wanna go on dismissing that?

Donger
10-19-2004, 12:13 PM

Blatantly rigged? How do you know that?

Baby Lee
10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Don't forget, per the DNC playbook, to seed a few 'pre-emptive strikes' in there if the indications flag.

Frankie
Simple question Frankie: Do you think that the Bush campaign was behind this?

If so, based upon what?
Based on Florida and overwhelming other history of walking, quacking and swimming like a duck. My question to you is aren't you concerned when there are so many 'co-incidences?' If not, WHY NOT?

Bwana
Don't forget to get some of these for the family as well Frankie because THEY ARE WATCHING!! :eek:

Donger
10-19-2004, 12:18 PM
How many more cases are there that they haven't been caught cheating? :shrug: This is smoke. Could there be fire? Do you wanna go on dismissing that?

The Michigan Democratic Party disagrees with you, Frankie.

Michigan Democratic Party spokesman Jason Moon took the mistake in stride.

"We were made aware of it. We informed our lawyers. To our knowledge it was a printing error and it has been taken care of," he said.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:19 PM
He is on vacation a lot and doesn't spend any time reading newspapers.
LOL, he should take to Taco's neighbor, they have a lot in common.

Donger
10-19-2004, 12:20 PM
Based on Florida and overwhelming other history of walking, quacking and swimming like a duck. My question to you is aren't you concerned when there are so many 'co-incidences?' If not, WHY NOT?

Any erroneous ballot is cause for concern.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Frankie - Why just Florida? And why do you deliberately avoid the fact that the Dems are just as culpable, if not more so?

Did Florida illegally leave their voting stations open late like the Dem bastion of ST Louis did last election?

Did the Reps try to kill the absentee and military votes like the Dems did?

Were Reps caught handing food, cigarettes, and now crack to voters and people registering voters?

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 12:22 PM

"We were made aware of it. We informed our lawyers. To our knowledge it was a printing error and it has been taken care of," he said.
Well, either Frankie and Talking Can or Jason Moon owe us an apology, because someone is not telling the truth.

Donger
10-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Boy, this thread sure died quickly.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Boy, absentee ballots sure are more important than they were in Florida 2000 when they should have been thrown out altogether huh?

Good thing these people aren't in the military too. Then they really shouldn't be allowed to vote :rolleyes:

Cochise
10-19-2004, 01:16 PM

UH-oh - is this another "Republican Prince Charming LIED through his teeth!!!!!" thread in the making? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

KCTitus
10-19-2004, 01:17 PM

Before I can feel guilty, you need to actually prove your assertions otherwise it's nothing more than pissing in the wind.

I dont believe that Bush had anything to do with this or do I believe there was nefarious intent with the misprint. I assume w/o having read any further followups that the precinct involved has done all they can to re-distribute corrected ballots.

If you can prove any of the above paragraph false, I'll rethink my stance. Otherwise, you might want to re-assess your so called confidence in your integrity.

Bearcat2005
10-19-2004, 01:18 PM

[/url]

FLORIDA!!! There I said it! Did they catch Bush as he was trying to steal them?

Calcountry
10-19-2004, 01:31 PM
I hope Bush steals this election before Kerry does.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 02:42 PM
UH-oh - is this another "Republican Prince Charming LIED through his teeth!!!!!" thread in the making? ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

:hmmm: maybe so. It's getting the ol' ignore right now...

KCTitus
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
John Kerry offers CRACK for Votes:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041019/NEWS09/410190343

Can you say POOOPEE?!

Iowanian
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Ballots are made by human beings.

Those humans are capable of making mistakes....errors if you will.

I don't for a second believe that ANY of them are intentional.

go bowe
10-19-2004, 02:50 PM
This is terrible...I really want to be outraged by this and will vote Kerry if Frankie can provide the information which links the design of this document to Bush.after reading the article linked by frankie, and looking at the misprinted ballot...

i could be confused, but it looked to me like the ballot error would actually favor kerry because there is no arrow by bush, just kerry...

Baby Lee
10-19-2004, 02:54 PM
after reading the article linked by frankie, and looking at the misprinted ballot...

i could be confused, but it looked to me like the ballot error would actually favor kerry because there is no arrow by bush, just kerry...
The ASSumption is that, as the arrows are all moved down a line, the card reader would read a Kerry vote as a Bush vote.
Further, the ASSumption is that this was done on purpose by some shadowy Bush directive.

go bowe
10-19-2004, 03:04 PM
The ASSumption is that, as the arrows are all moved down a line, the card reader would read a Kerry vote as a Bush vote.
Further, the ASSumption is that this was done on purpose by some shadowy Bush directive.i recognize the assumptions made by the thread header and article, i was just pointing out that the first assumption appeared to be wrong just by looking at the ballot pictured in the article...

i may be guilty of making an assumption here, but wouldn't a card reader read the hole punched out by position rather than where some printed arrows were?

and aren't these paper ballots? not punch cards?

the assumption that the printing error would somehow benefit bush seems wrong on so many levels...

Baby Lee
10-19-2004, 03:05 PM
the assumption that the printing error would somehow benefit bush seems wrong on so many levels...
go ahead, be a Nazi sheep. :deevee:

Frankie
10-19-2004, 03:14 PM
From both sides?
Pervert!... ;)

Frankie
10-19-2004, 03:23 PM
I hope Bush steals this election before Kerry does.

Masochist!... ;)

Iowanian
10-19-2004, 03:24 PM
I don't think there is a single ballot in this country that has 'blatandly been rigged'.

There are too many double checks to catch the problems..........some things slip through.

I don't buy for a second that these are politically motivated.

Someone should remind Franie that Dade Co Florda's election officials were democRats.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Ballots are made by human beings.

Those humans are capable of making mistakes....errors if you will.

I don't for a second believe that ANY of them are intentional.

And every "human mistake" discovered so far is somehow in George Bush's favor. :hmmm:

Frankie
10-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Further, the ASSumption is that this was done on purpose by some shadowy Bush directive.
No assumption. The bottom arrow points at an empty space. That means each arrow is to represent the name mentioned ONE LINE ABOVE IT. Only the Kerry voter would never know it because that pattern is only revealed at the bottom and he/she has already marked Bush. :shake:

Iowanian
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
That is Not True Franie............False.

I'd go as far as to say that you don't know a thing about the way a ballot is put together, by election officials for multiple precincts in their jurisdiction.

I'm still waiting on an image of these Supposed Fliers, put out by the Bush people discouraging people to vote.............

Cochise
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
And every "human mistake" discovered so far is somehow in George Bush's favor. :hmmm:

allright frannie, whatever you say.

I guess paying the guy with crack for forged voter registrations for the NAACP wasn't a human mistake huh?

Or the tape with the people laughing about how they had registered 35 times?

mlyonsd
10-19-2004, 03:36 PM
The degree to which these ballot issues are thought of as conspiracies is mind boggling. Some of you need to get outside and enjoy the fresh fall air.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 03:37 PM
No assumption. The bottom arrow points at an empty space. That means each arrow is to represent the name mentioned ONE LINE ABOVE IT. Only the Kerry voter would never know it because that pattern is only revealed at the bottom and he/she has already marked Bush. :shake:

Have you ever voted? It clearly says on the ballot that if you spoil it you can ask for another one.

I find it funny that you continually maintain that only Democrats are stupid enough to vote for the wrong guy.

go bowe
10-19-2004, 03:41 PM
No assumption. The bottom arrow points at an empty space. That means each arrow is to represent the name mentioned ONE LINE ABOVE IT. Only the Kerry voter would never know it because that pattern is only revealed at the bottom and he/she has already marked Bush. :shake:i suppose it's possible that there are some people who would interpret that ballot that way...

but imo, it's far more likely that people would mark the ballot next to the candidate's name, regardless of where the arrow points...

go bowe
10-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Have you ever voted? It clearly says on the ballot that if you spoil it you can ask for another one.

I find it funny that you continually maintain that only Democrats are stupid enough to vote for the wrong guy.but it does kinda seem that way, doesn't it?? :p

Chiefnj
10-19-2004, 03:47 PM
It is quite obvious that Bush did not print the ballot. If Bush had printed the ballot it would have contained half a dozen spelling errors, including his own name. Does the "e" come before the "o" or after it?? Hey Dick can I get some help over here?

Frankie
10-19-2004, 04:12 PM

I find it funny that you continually maintain that only Democrats are stupid enough to vote for the wrong guy.

I don't know how old you are. But you can't be much older than my voting history here. If you look at the ballot and my post that you quoted, you'll see that it is really easy to vote for Bush thinking you have voted for Kerry. That means you get past that part of the ballot WITHOUT EVEN CATCHING THE MISTAKE! Spoiled ballot my ass.

Another thing Goatcheese. About your Frannie remark a couple of posts back, I have already used Iowanian to you specifically and to another poster as an example of being witty. Remember? What I guess you didn't understand is that his ORIGINAL zingers are witty. You repeating them does not make you witth. Be original, man.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't know how old you are. But you can't be much older than my voting history here. If you look at the ballot and my post that you quoted, you'll see that it is really easy to vote for Bush thinking you have voted for Kerry. That means you get past that part of the ballot WITHOUT EVEN CATCHING THE MISTAKE! Spoiled ballot my ass.

Another thing Goatcheese. About your Frannie remark a couple of posts back, I have already used Iowanian to you specifically and to another poster as an example of being witty. Remember? What I guess you didn't understand is that his ORIGINAL zingers are witty. You repeating them does not make you witth. Be original, man.

Allright, so again you are agreeing that Democrats are the only ones who are going to screw it up.

And, I liked Frannie, but I can go back to Crankie. You, on the other hand, can't use goatcheese because that's already taken.

Pitt Gorilla
10-19-2004, 04:48 PM
From this Frankie lays the printing error at Bush's feet (like he's operating the printing press), claims that it's part of a plan to "steal" electoral votes and you claim that I don't care. It's kind of funny to see YOU complaining about this method of posting; as soon as I saw the thread title of thought of a "left" version of you.

KCWolfman
10-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Reminds me of the fools who screwed up in class with the trick quiz.

"Class, read all instructions before you begin". Then about 20 or 25 instructions on what to write and how to do it with the last instruction being "Ignore all of the above and do not write on this paper".

Yup, there were plenty of goons who screwed it up every year.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Allright, so again you are agreeing that Democrats are the only ones who are going to screw it up.

Duh,.... It would take QUITE A SCREW UP by a Republican to vote for Kerry on THAT ballot. Don't you think?

And, I liked Frannie, but I can go back to Crankie. You, on the other hand, can't use goatcheese because that's already taken.
Really? Who else came up with Goatcheese? I really thought I was original there.... Just curious....

Frankie
10-19-2004, 09:06 PM
From this Frankie lays the printing error at Bush's feet (like he's operating the printing press), claims that it's part of a plan to "steal" electoral votes ....

Wrong, RL. I am questioning based on prior precedent. There is a '?' at the end of my topic.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2004, 09:16 PM
Man, cool stuff like this never happens to me. Never got a screwed up ballot, never been called for any political poll, never been a Neilson family. It's not fair.

I want to run around like a chicken with my head cut off claiming somebody is rigging something.

Frankie
10-19-2004, 09:30 PM
Man, cool stuff like this never happens to me. Never got a screwed up ballot, never been called for any political poll, never been a Neilson family. It's not fair.

I want to run around like a chicken with my head cut off claiming somebody is rigging something.
:LOL:

Iowanian
10-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Frankie doesn't know anyone affected by these Urban Legends either.

The Phantom Ballot.......The Tomb of the unscrewed up ballot.............The Myth of the Electric Poll Flier.

All Bullshit.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Frankie doesn't know anyone affected by these Urban Legends either.

The Phantom Ballot.......The Tomb of the unscrewed up ballot.............The Myth of the Electric Poll Flier.
All Bullshit.

Ya, I still want some accountability from DC on that legend. As I understand it he tried to contact the person that made the claims but got return call.

2bikemike
10-19-2004, 09:47 PM

Oh there will be plenty of Democrats voting for the wrong guy this election. I just hope he doesn't get elected.

Cochise
10-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh there will be plenty of Democrats voting for the wrong guy this election. I just hope he doesn't get elected.

ROFL

KCWolfman
10-20-2004, 01:29 AM
It is quite obvious that Bush did not print the ballot. If Bush had printed the ballot it would have contained half a dozen spelling errors, including his own name. Does the "e" come before the "o" or after it?? Hey Dick can I get some help over here?
Damn, that was funny.