PDA

View Full Version : DUHresa hits just keep on coming

Cochise
10-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Duhresa is great. Always spouting something stupid.

On this week's episode of "Someone duct-tape that wench", DUHresa says that Laura Bush has never had a 'real job'. That's former public school teacher and librarian Laura Bush. (If you don't consider being the first lady of a state or of the US a real job, which I think DUHresa would probably say she did)

I'm sure the NEA will immediately be screaming for an apology.

Q: You'd be different from Laura Bush?

A: Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good. But I don't know that she's ever had a real job I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things. And I'm older, and my validation of what I do and what I believe and my experience is a little bit bigger because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about.

Pretty good to know that someone who wants to dump billions more into the education system doesn't consider teaching a 'real job' eh?

mlyonsd
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Wow. She reminds me more and more of Zsa Zsa Gabor from Green Acres. And the scary thing is she has a chance at being first lady. Course, she can't be worse then Hillary I guess.

Soupnazi
10-20-2004, 01:00 PM
As opposed to her numberous real jobs?

Bwana
10-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Wow. She reminds me more and more of Zsa Zsa Gabor from Green Acres. And the scary thing is she has a chance at being first lady. Course, she can't be worse then Hillary I guess.

Don't bet on the Hillary part. I don't care for Hillary, but she was smart enough to STFD and ST F U when she had to. Kerrys old hide is a loose cannon. In the event he wins, she will be the source of entertainment for the late night show hosts and the source great embarrassment for Kerry for 4 years.

LamarR Huunt
10-20-2004, 01:49 PM

At least Zsa Zsa had nice hooters.

LamarR Huunt
10-20-2004, 01:51 PM
As opposed to her numberous real jobs?

Inheriting large sums of money, and blowing politicians is a tough job.

mlyonsd
10-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Crisis is over, I just heard on the radio the Kerry campaign sent out a press memo in which THK apologized to Mrs. Bush. It said she thought being a teacher or librarian were servants duties, not real jobs.

Ok I made that last part up but THK did issue an apology.

Baby Lee
10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
The thing that irks me most about Tuh-reeza is that if her previous husband hadn't died, she'd be saying the same snotty things about Dems.
It's not about issues or positions or any of that with her. It's about cliques. Bush people are bad because they oppose her husband's bid for the WH. It's High School as life.

KCWolfman
10-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Wow, you know Kerry's advisors are going nuts everytime she speaks:

"We have to tell him".
"You tell him, he fired the last guys."
"Yeah, but she's killing us."
"I don't care. At least I have a job until Nov 2"

Oh, nice avvy, Cochise.

LamarR Huunt
10-20-2004, 02:17 PM
.... It's High School as life.

And she's the homely, fat, rich slut who gives good head, so the boys can't resist her "charms."

Cochise
10-20-2004, 02:23 PM
The thing that irks me most about Tuh-reeza is that if her previous husband hadn't died, she'd be saying the same snotty things about Dems.
It's not about issues or positions or any of that with her. It's about cliques. Bush people are bad because they oppose her husband's bid for the WH. It's High School as life.

Pre-CISE-ly!

Cochise
10-20-2004, 02:24 PM
And she's the homely, fat, rich slut who gives good head, so the boys can't resist her "charms."

Hell, for what she's worth, I think I could put up with it even if she was a teeth-dragger or something.

OmahaChief
10-20-2004, 05:43 PM

On this week's episode of "Someone duct-tape that wench", DUHresa says that Laura Bush has never had a 'real job'. That's former public school teacher and librarian Laura Bush. (If you don't consider being the first lady of a state or of the US a real job, which I think DUHresa would probably say she did)

Pretty good to know that someone who wants to dump billions more into the education system doesn't consider teaching a 'real job' eh?

I think she meant to say that Mrs. Bush was not teaching poor kids so it doesn't count.

Calcountry
10-20-2004, 05:56 PM
AN TI CI PA TION, An ti ci paa a tion, she's keeping me wa a aaaiting, she and her ketchup is SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWW Gooood.

stevieray
10-20-2004, 06:22 PM
Why does this woman even get airtime? You would think she's the VP nominee.

Hel'n
10-20-2004, 06:23 PM

I dunno. She will always keep things lively...

KCWolfman
10-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I dunno. She will always keep things lively...
I expect to see her slapping a policeofficer anyday, ala Zsa Zsa. They both display the same attitude and intelligence or lack thereof.

Baby Lee
10-21-2004, 09:15 AM
I expect to see her slapping a policeofficer anyday, ala Zsa Zsa. They both display the same attitude and intelligence or lack thereof.
She and Dubya should team up for a remake of Green Acres.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 10:57 AM
I cannot decide what is more striking about this statement, the stupidity, the snobbery, or the irony.

KCWolfman
10-21-2004, 11:01 AM
I cannot decide what is more striking about this statement, the stupidity, the snobbery, or the irony.
Since the stupidity is prevalent any time she speaks, I would go with irony with snobbery in a close second.

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Well it was a stupid point made in a stupid way...

She should have instead said that 'Ms. Bush has not had a job in the workforce since the 70's and much has changed in the workplace since then.'

That would have covered her against the BS whining now that staying at home is a 'job'...

it is WORK but it is not a 'job' in the traditional sense of the word because there is not a fee being paid for the work. I often say it's the hardest job I've ever had and the pay sucks...but clearly it's not a job because of the lack of pay or tangible reward.

Also, she would not have sounded quite so dismissive of the fact that Ms. Bush has been a librarian and a teacher which are both honorable professions. Her point of not being in the workforce for so many years is a valid point.

Now whether it's a negative or a positive is a different matter. She seems to be presenting that as a negative when clearly most people adore Ms. Bush (myself included) and I think a great deal of her attraction is her sense of innocence and sweetness and her every person's friend's Mom or teacher aura about her.

That being said, again it's a bunch of diversionary hoopla being made to not focus on REAL issues. The CONS are counting on the Kerrys' to keep sticking their feet in their mouths and giving them material to divert with and the Kerrys' don' disappoint them.

Lomax
10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Eva Gabor played Lisa on Green Acres, not Zsa Zsa.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Well it was a stupid point made in a stupid way...

She should have instead said that 'Ms. Bush has not had a job in the workforce since the 70's and much has changed in the workplace since then.'

That would have covered her against the BS whining now that staying at home is a 'job'...

it is WORK but it is not a 'job' in the traditional sense of the word because there is not a fee being paid for the work. I often say it's the hardest job I've ever had and the pay sucks...but clearly it's not a job because of the lack of pay or tangible reward.

Also, she would not have sounded quite so dismissive of the fact that Ms. Bush has been a librarian and a teacher which are both honorable professions. Her point of not being in the workforce for so many years is a valid point.

Now whether it's a negative or a positive is a different matter. She seems to be presenting that as a negative when clearly most people adore Ms. Bush (myself included) and I think a great deal of her attraction is her sense of innocence and sweetness and her every person's friend's Mom or teacher aura about her.

That being said, again it's a bunch of diversionary hoopla being made to not focus on REAL issues. The CONS are counting on the Kerrys' to keep sticking their feet in their mouths and giving them material to divert with and the Kerrys' don' disappoint them.

I'm glad my mom has never viewed her job as a parent so negatively. She sees a tangible reward, thus she keeps working on and for me and my siblings.

I know it has been said before, but I feel sorry for your kids.

BroWhippendiddle
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM

You made the point that most Americans need to see. The Kerry's keep sticking their feet in their mouths, that is a trait that would be carried into the White Houlse should he be elected.

Kerry is not qualified to be a leader of a Nation, his military past even proves that he wasn't even qualified to be a leader of 5 people (his boat crew). His record in the senate proves that he didn't lead in the senate. His record in the senate since being selected as the demoncratic candidate for president has been, at best, dismal. He hasn't done his job. A credible action on his part would have been to resign from his seat in the senate so his people (constituants) could be represented. If you would remember, Bob Dole resigned for just that reason. (Kerry probably figured he would need a job after Nov. 2.)

KCWolfman
10-21-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm glad my mom has never viewed her job as a parent so negatively. She sees a tangible reward, thus she keeps working on and for me and my siblings.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rep

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:02 PM

Oh give me a break...there is nothing negative about what I said because I mean tangible rewards like a salary, vacation pay, 401k, etc the things that an actual job gives in return for work.

The people whining that staying at home is a job are doing a disservice equating it to a 'job'. It's a labor of love and it's hard work but it's NOT a job.

mlyonsd
10-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Oh give me a break...there is nothing negative about what I said because I mean tangible rewards like a salary, vacation pay, 401k, etc the things that an actual job gives in return for work.

The people whining that staying at home is a job are doing a disservice equating it to a 'job'. It's a labor of love and it's hard work but it's NOT a job.

Better quick grab your flak jacket.

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
You made the point that most Americans need to see. The Kerry's keep sticking their feet in their mouths, that is a trait that would be carried into the White Houlse should he be elected.

Kerry is not qualified to be a leader of a Nation, his military past even proves that he wasn't even qualified to be a leader of 5 people (his boat crew). His record in the senate proves that he didn't lead in the senate. His record in the senate since being selected as the demoncratic candidate for president has been, at best, dismal. He hasn't done his job. A credible action on his part would have been to resign from his seat in the senate so his people (constituants) could be represented. If you would remember, Bob Dole resigned for just that reason. (Kerry probably figured he would need a job after Nov. 2.)

Actually, I think that outside of the borders of the US where everything is NOT black and white that the Kerrys' would receive alot more BOD and not every word of theirs would be dissected and reapplied in a fashion that is not what they intended.

Mrs. Bush has handled it with imminently more class than that of her husband's campaign or the RW/CON spin machine...

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Better quick grab your flak jacket.

Why. I'm speaking from experience of being both a stay home Mom and a working Mom. Neither are easy and both sets think the grass is greener on the other side. And in some ways, it is...

Cochise
10-21-2004, 12:09 PM

No kidding... I'm glad my mom didn't see her kids as an unrewarding nuisance.

Or, all mothers for that matter, or we'd have a country filled with people like Dense, who obviously are very angry about something and spend the rest of their lives trying to make someone else pay for it.

mlyonsd
10-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Why. I'm speaking from experience of being both a stay home Mom and a working Mom. Neither are easy and both sets think the grass is greener on the other side. And in some ways, it is...
I can't believe I'm arguing about this with a woman.

Staying at home with your kids is a job, probably more stressfull then a job that pays money. I mean as long as you do it right and not just sit the kids in front of the tv to watch F-911 over and over.

When my wife stayed home our kids were kept busy and challenged all the time. It can be considered no less then say a school teacher.

To not consider staying at home a job is silly.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 12:12 PM

Where do you want it?

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM

Or, all mothers for that matter, or we'd have a country filled with people like Dense, who obviously are very angry about something and spend the rest of their lives trying to make someone else pay for it.

I'm getting ready to grab some lunch, I think I'll surprise Mom and call her up out of the blue and tell her I love her.

It's pay day for momma.

Clint in Wichita
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM

Then she married the wrong candidate.

Her and Bush would be the funniest comedy couple since Burns and Allen.

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:18 PM
I can't believe I'm arguing about this with a woman.

Staying at home with your kids is a job, probably more stressfull then a job that pays money. I mean as long as you do it right and not just sit the kids in front of the tv to watch F-911 over and over.

When my wife stayed home our kids were kept busy and challenged all the time. It can be considered no less then say a school teacher.

To not staying at home a job is silly.

Did you happen to see where I said it's not a job in the traditional sense of the word because you do not get paid for work??? You are arguing about this with a woman because you are thinking I'm saying that I'm not saying.

Of course I know it's hard work and I've done it off and on over the years and right now am doing part time work around the kids schedule so I can be home...

but to say that it's a job is not correct. I don't think of being a parent or staying at home as one as a 'job' it's what I do but it's certainly not my 'job.' People change jobs over their lifetime, people hate their jobs, people are laid off from jobs...

being a parent or a stay home Mom/Dad is not a job in the same fashion.

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM

Nice projection there.

The only thing that makes me 'angry' about staying at home is that unless your spouse leaves you something or makes alot of money then your retirement is going to be quite miserable unless you can do some fast make up for the years you were out of the workforce once you return.

Our society is all talk about the value of being a stay home parent...

and yet, there is no safety net for those who do the important WORK of being parents (either stay home Mom or Dad) to their children on a full time basis. :hmmm: I actually know a number of women whose husbands worked their entire lives and they didn't and thank God they're set because of their husband's work otherwise they'd be working full time at age 70+ in order to survive...because they did not make enough $$$ on their own in order to retire or survive after raising children.

Cochise
10-21-2004, 12:31 PM
The only thing that makes me 'angry' about staying at home is that unless your spouse leaves you something or makes alot of money then your retirement is going to be quite miserable

So work part time? Surely the spouse is not at work 24 hours a day. My parents did this for a number of years.

I know this is eventually going to end up being someone else's fault, but a person can also be proactive and do something about the problem.

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 12:44 PM
So work part time? Surely the spouse is not at work 24 hours a day. My parents did this for a number of years.

I know this is eventually going to end up being someone else's fault, but a person can also be proactive and do something about the problem.

sigh,

more proof you do not read what I actually write or that you only read what you want to see.

Post #35.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Did you happen to see where I said it's not a job in the traditional sense of the word because you do not get paid for work??? You are arguing about this with a woman because you are thinking I'm saying that I'm not saying.

Of course I know it's hard work and I've done it off and on over the years and right now am doing part time work around the kids schedule so I can be home...

but to say that it's a job is not correct. I don't think of being a parent or staying at home as one as a 'job' it's what I do but it's certainly not my 'job.' People change jobs over their lifetime, people hate their jobs, people are laid off from jobs...

being a parent or a stay home Mom/Dad is not a job in the same fashion.

Did you happen to see that was what I was disagreeing with? Just because you don't get paid in terms of money, does not mean that you do not get paid. That is the difference between you and my mother, she sees a huge payoff, you see nothing.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Nice projection there.

The only thing that makes me 'angry' about staying at home is that unless your spouse leaves you something or makes alot of money then your retirement is going to be quite miserable unless you can do some fast make up for the years you were out of the workforce once you return.

Our society is all talk about the value of being a stay home parent...

and yet, there is no safety net for those who do the important WORK of being parents (either stay home Mom or Dad) to their children on a full time basis. :hmmm: I actually know a number of women whose husbands worked their entire lives and they didn't and thank God they're set because of their husband's work otherwise they'd be working full time at age 70+ in order to survive...because they did not make enough $$$ on their own in order to retire or survive after raising children.

That is because YOUR party wants to tax us to death instead of leaving us more of our own money to spend on our families and save at the same time.

YOUR assanine idealogy is the problem.

Lomax
10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
That is because YOUR party wants to tax us to death instead of leaving us more of our own money to spend on our families and save at the same time.

Not to mention that they want to tax us after death...

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Not to mention that they want to tax us after death...

Pretty f#cking pathetic, ain't it?

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Did you happen to see that was what I was disagreeing with? Just because you don't get paid in terms of money, does not mean that you do not get paid. That is the difference between you and my mother, she sees a huge payoff, you see nothing.

BS. I see alot of payoff as far as INTANGIBLES...(check a dictionary if you don't can't comprehend the difference)

but memories of your children's childhoods don't pay the bills when you retire. :rolleyes:

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Eva, Zsa Zsa, it is all just Greek to me.

Whats the difference?

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 04:17 PM

Uh, that is the point I was making about being a SAH parent. When you are not making a salary by working at a JOB that pays one you can't be taxed...

nor can you adequately guarantee your future. :hmmm: That is why being a SAH parent cannot be listed as a 'job' in the traditional sense.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
BS. I see alot of payoff as far as INTANGIBLES...(check a dictionary if you don't can't comprehend the difference)

but memories of your children's childhoods don't pay the bills when you retire. :rolleyes:

You are the only one talking intangibles.

stevieray
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
BS. I see alot as far as INTANGIBLES...(check a dictionary if you don't can't comprehend the difference)

that's because tangible is more important to you than intangible.

There is no doubt in my mind my girls will be there for me when I need them the most.

It's not a coincidence how you need people to care for you when you arrive and depart this world.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 04:22 PM
Uh, that is the point I was making about being a SAH parent. When you are not making a salary by working at a JOB that pays one you can't be taxed...

nor can you adequately guarantee your future. :hmmm: That is why being a SAH parent cannot be listed as a 'job' in the traditional sense.

Wow (mock surprise), you completely deflected from my point.

It is your idealogy that continues to keep the American family in this situation. If one parent were able to bring home all of their paycheck, the need for both parents to work would dramatically decline.

However, your support of a party that believes in raising taxes tells me that you really don't care all that much.

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
that's because tangible is more important to you than intangible.

There is no doubt in my mind my girls will be there for me when I need them the most.

It's not a coincidence how you need people to care for you when you arrive and depart this world.

Biiiiiiiingoooooooo!

OldTownChief
10-21-2004, 05:57 PM

No but a sound portfolio will. (check a dictionary if you don't can't comprehend)

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Wow (mock surprise), you completely deflected from my point.

It is your idealogy that continues to keep the American family in this situation. If one parent were able to bring home all of their paycheck, the need for both parents to work would dramatically decline.

However, your support of a party that believes in raising taxes tells me that you really don't care all that much.

Actually if society wasn't structured on keeping up with the Jones' then most people could afford to live on one pay check...that is how we've done it. We've live modestly compared to our peers but I've stayed home most of my kids childhood.

That still does not mean that the spouse who doesn't bring in an income is contributing to their own retirement or isn't dependent on someone else to do it for them because they do not bring home a paycheck or pay SS taxes.

memyselfI
No but a sound portfolio will. (check a dictionary if you don't can't comprehend)

Uh, how is the spouse working an unpaid 'job' of stay home parent supposed to build a 'sound portfolio'???? :hmmm:

dtebbe
Nice projection there.

You can always just follow John Kerry's lead and marry someone rich. You know that IS much easier for a female to pull off. (unless you are ugly)

DT

memyselfI
10-21-2004, 06:40 PM
You can always just follow John Kerry's lead and marry someone rich. You know that IS much easier for a female to pull off. (unless your ugly)

DT

The rich ones usually are too conservative and boring... :p

dtebbe
10-21-2004, 06:44 PM
The rich ones usually are too conservative and boring... :p

So for sizzle you just take a part-time job somewhere and have the intern do you.

And don't stereotype all rich conservatives.... who knew O'Reilly was a freak?

DT

OldTownChief
10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Uh, how is the spouse working an unpaid 'job' of stay home parent supposed to build a 'sound portfolio'???? :hmmm:

Give me more detail on your situation and I would be glad to help you out.

OldTownChief
10-21-2004, 06:50 PM
And don't stereotype all rich conservatives.... who knew O'Reilly was a freak?

DT

ROFL

Raiderhader
10-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Actually if society wasn't structured on keeping up with the Jones' then most people could afford to live on one pay check...that is how we've done it. We've live modestly compared to our peers but I've stayed home most of my kids childhood.

Yet another deflection......

Society is free to do that which they please with their own money. And it is their money, therefore they should EVERY opportunity to do what they want with all of their money.

That still does not mean that the spouse who doesn't bring in an income is contributing to their own retirement or isn't dependent on someone else to do it for them because they do not bring home a paycheck or pay SS taxes.

And that is why income tax blows. If you are able to get by with what the government allows you to bring home now, than you could most certainly save for your retirement if you are allowed to bring home all of your paycheck. With the extra cash brought in you can then salt some away.

Yet you support a party that wants HIGHER taxes making it increasingly more difficult to get by, let alone save for any kind of retirement.

I'm expecting more deflection here instead of actually facing the reality of my point....

OldTownChief
10-21-2004, 08:02 PM
Yet another deflection......

Society is free to do that which they please with their own money. And it is their money, therefore they should EVERY opportunity to do what they want with all of their money.

And that is why income tax blows. If you are able to get by with what the government allows you to bring home now, than you could most certainly save for your retirement if you are allowed to bring home all of your paycheck. With the extra cash brought in you can then salt some away.

Yet you support a party that wants HIGHER taxes making it increasingly more difficult to get by, let alone save for any kind of retirement.

I'm expecting more deflection here instead of actually facing the reality of my point....

Actually if MEME wasn't structured on keeping up with the Jones' then MEME could afford to live on one pay check.

patteeu
10-21-2004, 08:26 PM

LMAO. This correction made me laugh for some reason. Keep an eye on these guys, Lomax. They'll try to slip these things past us every once in a while if you let them. Next thing you know, they'll be telling us about Ashley's eating disorder.

Lomax
10-21-2004, 09:03 PM
Eva, Zsa Zsa, it is all just Greek to me.

Whats the difference?

Hungarian.

I'm all over them, patteeu...

Inspector
10-21-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm glad my mom stayed at home, cooked, kept house, raised us kids and never made suicide bomb back packs for all her secret friends to wear.

BroWhippendiddle
10-22-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm glad my mom stayed at home, cooked, kept house, raised us kids and never made suicide bomb back packs for all her secret friends to wear.

You must be very careful. duhnese isn't paying any taxes on the money she gets for making the back packs. Instead you should call the IRS.