PDA

View Full Version : Any theories on why Robertson backstabbed Bush?

Taco John
10-20-2004, 11:07 PM
I thought that was odd today, with Robertson making Bush out to look like a complete fool. Robertson is a smart political player. I can't imagine he did that on accident. He's disturbed about something, and it's not just the Iraq war.

Any theories on why Robertson is digging a dagger into Bush's back?

patteeu
10-20-2004, 11:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I don't have a theory though.

Taco John
10-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Looking at the 700 Club website, the only thing I can surmise is that perhaps they are sitting on the fence between the two choices right now... Hard to believe... But this story isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the believers to go out and vote Bush...

http://www.cbn.com/CBNNews/News/041020a.asp

Taco John
10-20-2004, 11:40 PM
That can't be it... He'd never back Kerry...

I'm dumbfounded on this one.

RINGLEADER
10-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Ego.

But I seriously doubt that Bush would say he didn't think there would be any casualities before going into Iraq after there had already been casualities in Afghanistan.

Taco John
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
There's just no telling what can fly out of Bush's mouth at any given time. Last month the guy was lamenting that OBYNs cant share love with their patients. I have no doubt that Bush said what Robertson said that he did. Robertson doesn't come across as a liar to me. I've always been skeptical of televangelists, and have heard some stories about Robertson that makes me a tad suspicious of him... But I doubt he'd tell a bald faced lie on national television.

BigOlChiefsfan
10-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Check his investments. Pat tends to get a lot of messages directly from God that affect his portfolio.

the Talking Can
10-21-2004, 06:04 AM
the neocons and bible beaters are already fighting for control....when Bush loses you'll see some real ugly shit come out, as any party is forced to deal with repudiation....

KingPriest2
10-21-2004, 07:19 AM
There's just no telling what can fly out of Bush's mouth at any given time. Last month the guy was lamenting that OBYNs cant share love with their patients. I have no doubt that Bush said what Robertson said that he did. Robertson doesn't come across as a liar to me. I've always been skeptical of televangelists, and have heard some stories about Robertson that makes me a tad suspicious of him... But I doubt he'd tell a bald faced lie on national television.

Like you?

KCN
10-21-2004, 07:24 AM
If this were any other time of the year I'd shrug it off because it's really not that big a deal IMO. But 2 weeks before election day is an odd time to come out and say that. What was the point?

Cochise
10-21-2004, 07:25 AM
it might be because he's a quack.

and... robertson et. al sitting on the fence... ROFL There's a lot of space between being unhappy with something bush did or another and going over to the kook on the other side

tiptap
10-21-2004, 07:38 AM
it might be because he's a quack.

and... robertson et. al sitting on the fence... ROFL There's a lot of space between being unhappy with something bush did or another and going over to the kook on the other side

If Bush wins, if Bush loses, Robertson thinks the NeoCons need to go. You want it clear to Bush where you think his advice is wrong. None of the Christian Right will change their vote for Kerry (they might not vote). So it doesn't make a difference in the support he gets. Of course running up the trial balloon a few weeks back of withdrawling troops after the January election in Iraq can be seen along the same lines.

oldandslow
10-21-2004, 07:55 AM
What this might do is to depress evangelical turnout...which Bush must have to win.

I don't get it either. Robertson surely doesn't want Kerry in the WH, yet if it depresses Christian turnout in a place like Iowa or Wis that is exactly what will happen.

Lightning Rod
10-21-2004, 08:36 AM
While I guess it is possible that Robertson ďmisunderstoodĒ Bush Iím sure he would have asked for a clarification if and when something that stupid came out of his mouth. I am really baffled on this one. I didnít watch TV last night but I assume this was getting plenty of play. This really puts Bush in a Bad position in that his strongest supporters are (in general) the 700 club watching folks. This has left them with a couple of distasteful choices. Robertson for some reason only he can fathom, has told a bold face lie to hurt the only president in recent years with Godís unlisted phone number or, Bush is so addle minded that he really should not be allowed around sharp objects, much less be the Commander in chief. Even if Bush did say it, he did so a long time ago so why is Robertson running his yap now?

Taco John
10-21-2004, 09:39 AM
This has left them with a couple of distasteful choices. Robertson for some reason only he can fathom, has told a bold face lie to hurt the only president in recent years with Godís unlisted phone number or, Bush is so addle minded that he really should not be allowed around sharp objects, much less be the Commander in chief. Even if Bush did say it, he did so a long time ago so why is Robertson running his yap now?

I fully believe the second one... And Robertson coming out two weeks before the election like this gives his follower base two weeks to contemplate this themselves.

WHY, however is the big question. I'd be curious to know how faith based welfare is treating Robertson. Perhaps he's not getting enough government dollars?

Lightning Rod
10-21-2004, 10:07 AM
I fully believe the second one... And Robertson coming out two weeks before the election like this gives his follower base two weeks to contemplate this themselves.

WHY, however is the big question. I'd be curious to know how faith based welfare is treating Robertson. Perhaps he's not getting enough government dollars?

I am thoroughly baffled by this deal. Bush is the best thing since the Spanish Inquisition for the far religious Right. Robertson has kicked duyba square in the nut-sack two weeks before the election I am completely utterly baffled.

Cochise
10-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Bush is the best thing since the Spanish Inquisition for the far religious Right.

Actually, you're mixing up your stereotypes. The people who belong to that church are typically on the other side of the aisle.

Lightning Rod
10-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Actually, you're mixing up your stereotypes. The people who belong to that church are typically on the other side of the aisle.

Forgot my sarcasm smiley

KingPriest2
10-21-2004, 10:31 AM

You should be asking yourself the same questions?

Answer your email. Please respond.

BroWhippendiddle
10-21-2004, 10:44 AM

So you are saying that you would only believe him if he was speaking against Bush? Your level of credibility has just taken another hit.

|Zach|
10-21-2004, 10:45 AM
has told a bold face lie to hurt the only president in recent years with Godís unlisted phone number or,
ROFL Good line

BroWhippendiddle
10-21-2004, 10:46 AM
the neocons and bible beaters are already fighting for control....when Bush loses you'll see some real ugly shit come out, as any party is forced to deal with repudiation....

You are making a grave assumption. Check out real life sometime. Politics has effect on the American people during the "election season". When the election is over, everyone calms down and goes about their business. Only the radically inclined keep going when everything is decided and over.

Have fun on Nov. 3rd.

Taco John
10-21-2004, 10:53 AM
So you are saying that you would only believe him if he was speaking against Bush? Your level of credibility has just taken another hit.

I didn't say that at all... I am saying that this rings true, however. I fully believe Bush said that. There's no telling what will fly out of Bush's mouth at any given time. Him sitting smugly and without any clue in his head believing that there would be no casualties sounds about right. It's not a far stretch from "OBGYNs can't share love with their patients."

Taco John
10-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Your level of credibility has just taken another hit.

Also, "BroWippenDiddle"... With however many accounts you've had on this board, you're the last person who should be making comments about anybody else's credibility.

BroWhippendiddle
10-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Also, "BroWippenDiddle"... With however many accounts you've had on this board, you're the last person who should be making comments about anybody else's credibility.

Please delete my account...

I don't want to be tempted to return, so I ask for the account to be completely jaked. It's one thing to be harassed by racist jackasses in PMs... It's another thing being harassed for shedding light on the racist jackasses. If you're going to bend the rules to protect racist jackasses, then I'd just as soon you delete my account immediately.

I know I'll take heat because people hate these kinds of threads... But whatever.

So in retrun to all the "good riddance" cat calls this is sure to evoke, I say 'have a nice life.'

Adios!

Taco

Yep, I'm a bad boy.

Taco John
10-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey, I have no problem with that. Shed as much light on the hypocrisy that happened a year ago here as you want. I was pissed then, and got over it. Things have changed for the better.

Even with that incident, I don't come anywhere close to being the come and go loser that you are. Didn't you just sacrifice another account not two weeks ago?

BroWhippendiddle
10-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey, I have no problem with that. Shed as much light on the hypocrisy that happened a year ago here as you want. I was pissed then, and got over it. Things have changed for the better.

Even with that incident, I don't come anywhere close to being the come and go loser that you are. Didn't you just sacrifice another account not two weeks ago?

If what happened a few weeks ago had any bearing on you it would be relevant. As it did not, STFU.

You call me a loser? Why, because I post, say things that are not to your prescribed definition of what is correct?

The bottom line is that I often say things that I shouldn't. The fact that I am an asshole must have zoomed right by you.

Your opinion of me has no bearing on what I do or what I say. I will continue to be me (with as many fvkng names as I wish). Let me see, who was it early in the Planet's history that advocated multiple logins? Taco John? couldn't be, he never does anything like that.

Oh holier than me, continue with your rants and raves. You will still be the biggest loser on the planet (earth not Chiefs Planet alone).

the Talking Can
10-21-2004, 01:11 PM
You are making a grave assumption. Check out real life sometime. Politics has effect on the American people during the "election season". When the election is over, everyone calms down and goes about their business. Only the radically inclined keep going when everything is decided and over.

Have fun on Nov. 3rd.

Uh....when a party loses the election there is always an internal battle for control....these tensions are nothing new, they were simply supressed due to Bush's popularity....now that it appears he is going to lose the internal divisions are coming to the surface...this holds true for either party....learn how to read, cause you are stupid.

Calcountry
10-21-2004, 02:20 PM
I am thoroughly baffled by this deal. Bush is the best thing since the Spanish Inquisition for the far religious Right. Robertson has kicked duyba square in the nut-sack two weeks before the election I am completely utterly baffled.
I think you are confusing a Kick in the nut sack for a tug at the nut sack, just to let Bush know that he has him by the balls.

KingPriest2
10-21-2004, 02:49 PM

And yet you say this about credibility? This is a guy who cannot decide on who he is voting for and says he is voting for someone.

Which is it?

Lightning Rod
10-21-2004, 02:55 PM
I think you are confusing a Kick in the nut sack for a tug at the nut sack, just to let Bush know that he has him by the balls.

LOL

I don'r care who ya are that thar is funny

Ugly Duck
10-21-2004, 10:55 PM
So you are saying that you would only believe him if he was speaking against Bush? Your level of credibility has just taken another hit.I think what he is saying is that Bush occasionally spews such stupid stuff thats it not at all suspicious that he would tell Robertson that there would be no casualties in Iraq. As Taco pointed out, Bush laments that OBGYNs are afraid to practice love with their patients. The war against terror is unwinnable. There will not be casualties in Iraq. Our POTUS is a DUFUS... don't blame that on Pat Robertson - it ain't his fault!

LV Tim
10-21-2004, 11:44 PM
Do Texans never use sacasim when someone makes a stupid statement like "there will be casualties when you invade a hostile contry"?

What makes you think so? Did God tell you that, or did you think that up all by yourself?

Taco John
10-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Do Texans never use sacasim when someone makes a stupid statement like "there will be casualties when you invade a hostile contry"?

What makes you think so? Did God tell you that, or did you think that up all by yourself?

Let's see here...

http://www.rh.edu/~blought/fall02_cish4960/assignments/final/decoder_ring.gif

I got nothin'...

Saggysack
10-22-2004, 12:26 AM
Robertson is firmly in the Bush corner. No doubt about it in my mind.

IMO what Pat was trying to do was disagree with the after action policies that have taken place in Iraq, without saying as much. Of course he didn't want to damage the Presidents chances of being re-elected that is why he said what he said instead of coming out and saying "Iraq is a mess". JMHO

But, he did damage the President slightly. He may not have known it at the time but I'm betting he wishes now that he had those words back.